Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #1  
Battling the Inches

S/C/G: 185/162/142

Height: 5'7

Default Half way! Next Stop, Booty bye bye

So, I've stopped in to 3FC every once and a while to get some inspiration, motivation, whatever. This is a great place, and I love reading all your success stories, advices, and challenges. But for once, I am coming here with my own success! Although I cant remember exactly when, and my bar in my signature says 185 was my starting weight--my highest was 189. I have since changed my diet (my real diet, not some 'formed' diet, just the way I eat)--I've come to call it the common sense diet, although I know its more then that due to a ton of research I've been doing over the past couple of years.

Anyways, the past couple of years, I've also been diagnosed, with lack for better words, diseases, that have been effecting my life, and my chances of weightloss. This has ESPECIALLY effected me in the past 6 months. I had surgery, which in turn, came with many complications. BUT... I am dealing with it.

But thats besides the point.
What I am really here to say, is that today I found out that I've lost HALF my goal weight! (From my highest weight). Its taken several years, slow and steady. I actually lost 2lbs over Christmas! I was so excited today I called everyone in my family. I realize that, if I can do that just by cutting the crap over the years (I pretty much have just been cutting crap outta my diet--specially my weaknesses like AM cheese--sour candies)---imagine what I cand o if i go full force. I am so happy, and excited, and I finally feel like it is possible to become myself again, to gain back my confidence, and my life. This should help my health too~even more motivation!

Oh, so my next 'short' goal--I need to make it to 160 lbs. When I do, I am dragging my sister inlaw to get her eyebrows waxed (shes a pilates instructor--totally bangin bod, with wild eyebrows!!!)...haha, and maybe she'll be able to give me my jeans back (I gave her my jeans when I gained too much weight to wear them--my fav pair!). We'll see how that goes!
LunaValkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Congrats!!!! Good to see everything is going well. Keep up the good work.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, halfway is such a fun milestone!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote