The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL season 4 question

View Full Version : TBL season 4 question

AngelD
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm in the UK so am only just seeing season 4 (after season 5 but nevermind about that!!) and I'm finding it incredibly confusing. When it was shown in the US was it on twice a week or did you have longer shows as there are things that are shown in the 'previously on TBL' bit that just didn't make sense tonight.

Yesterday's episode was the one where Neil gained 17 :mad: pounds so that was mentioned briefly but then there was a clip of Jillian asking that annoying girl from the red team (Amy??) if she wanted to train with her and Kim shouting as they walked off. Unless I wasn't paying attention I don't remember that happening at all. I just assumed that as they were no longer in teams and could choose their trainer she just switched on her own.

It's all so confusing!! :dizzy:

RangerChic
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, I know Amy decided on her own that Kim wasn't the trainer for her, so she sort of started working out with Jillian. Wasn't really covered in detail, but it's there from what I recall.

And, I know they did used to do two eps a week, might have been during season 4.

dixied
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm fairly certain it was only on once a week. Amy (Red team) was just insistent that Kim wasn't helping her the way she needed, so she decamped to the Black team.

AngelD
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess I must just have missed a bit. It seemed a lot less confusing tonight.

It was the 'Green' episode tonight and even though they were hybrids I thought it was really funny that they got cars as the prize in the challenge!

joyra
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
The episodes in the US are a drawn out 2 hours. I don't know if they edit them in other countries to fit in an hour time slot but there's TONS of repeating of situations... if they wanted to hack it down to an hour, they could do away with a lot of repeats but they'd probably have to slim elsewhere too.

In Asia they show TBL older seasons and they only show an hour at a time (no editing, just chop it off halfway). I don't have a TV timetable so I find watching anything with consistently impossible. But I know where to download episodes so I'm all caught up. :D

AngelD
01-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I dug out the old thread for season 4 on this board and I think they have edited out quite a bit of stuff as there are things I definitely haven't seen.

All the reapeating stuff is so annoying as we have less ad breaks than on US TV. We will see someone walk up to the scale and it get all the way up to everyones reactions but then in the US it would have gone to an ad break so we see it suddenly goes back to them walking up to the scale and then we finally see what they lost. I've starting recording it so I can skip though all those bits.

ksk571
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
All the reapeating stuff is so annoying as we have less ad breaks than on US TV. We will see someone walk up to the scale and it get all the way up to everyones reactions but then in the US it would have gone to an ad break so we see it suddenly goes back to them walking up to the scale and then we finally see what they lost. I've starting recording it so I can skip though all those bits.

HA! It's annoying enough to have the repeats when we come back from commercial break. I can't imagine having to see it like you do.

chick_in_the_hat
01-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Wikipedia has a great recap of all the seasons. Here's a link to season 4 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser_(Season_4)).