South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/See Ticker/152

Height: 5'8"

Default What can I expect from Phase 2?

Hi. I am starting phase 2 now, and I'm just curious as to what I can expect to see, and if there will be much different from phase 1. I know the rapid weight loss will stop, but will there be any weight loss? Will I see it?

I'm just scared that things will be so different that I screw it up, so if you can give me some heads up on what I can expect, that would be great.
Steen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  
Hittin' the Beach

S/C/G: 225/212/130

Height: 5'0"

I have the same fears, Steen. I am very nervous to add in new foods. From what I've read on here, it's a common fear.
ozziesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Of course the weight loss slows down. But you'll still lose. Be careful to only add one thing (fruit or grain) in per week. This works well for most people. That way you can determine if a certain food or the time of day that you're eating it brings on cravings. I lost a pound some weeks, none other weeks, and a couple pounds sometimes. It varies for everyone. I didn't eat as much of the protein foods after adding back in fruit and grains due to fullness. On Phase I, I ate the mocha ricotta creme every night, but after getting in to Phase II full steam, I was no longer hungry for it. Remember to eat all your veggies, all your fat and try to include beans daily. Congratulations on completing Phase I.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/273/170

Height: 6'2"

I'm also a bit nervous about starting phase 2. The only other time I tried South Beach, phase 2 is where I really fell off the wagon. I have a huge issue with carbs and craving them, especially sweeter things, but I would start off with only healthy carbs but it moved into unhealthy and then I just stopped watching what I ate again altogether. It didn't seem to matter when I ate them, it always brought the cravings back. This time I was thinking about limiting carbs from bread/rice to maybe once a day and probably at dinner and any other carbs I have will be from fruit/startchier veggies. Anybody else have any suggestions on how to prevent the carb monster from coming back?
Erin2tall is offline   Reply With Quote