LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends - Jan 12 - Jan 18

zambejaly5
01-12-2009, 10:24 AM
ok, where is everybody?? we don't have school today and I am the first one here? lets have a great week folks!

JLem311
01-12-2009, 10:30 AM
good morning everyone.

well, i was suppose to have a dr appt today for my usual check-up, but the assistant i'm suppose to see this month and next because my dr is on maternity leave is out sick today. ugh. i just finished getting ready (hair straightened, makeup on, dressed and everything) and then i get a call from the receptionist. UGH! what a pain.
anyways...that's the start to my day. and the weather is suppose to start getting pretty bad later this morning and all the way through tomorrow as well. lovely. i saw the high for thursday is -1 and the low is -30. can't wait for that.

ok..enough of my venting/complaining for now. i guess it truly is a monday.

be back later. if DS allows me to! :)

Mama Nicole
01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Jillilan........I have to tell you, I'd be power pissed if if I got all pretty to go to an appt. and they cancelled at the last minute. Especially an OB appt......they are always so exciting. At least they were for me. It's not like you find out anything earth shattering......but it always feels good to leave that office with a clean bill of health for mama and baby. Heck, maybe you ought to take DS out for coffee since you're all ready anyway :) Or, hit the mall for an hour.

Lettie......I have 3 kids faking sick today. I am quite certain it is cuz DH is out of town.....but who knows. I am sure they feel kinda icky...it is monday, and they did have late nights this weekend......but COME ON!!!! I was just too crabby to deal with it.......so I have 5 out of 6 kids in bed still. I do have to shake them out pretty soon though......otherwise they will never go to bed tonight. Why don't ya'll have school today?

Well, everyone.......it is monday........but that doesn't mean it cannot be a great day for staying OP and losing a tenth of a pound. You know, for those of us who renewed our committments on the first of the year......we are almost halfway there to learning these new habits. So, even if it is hard today, remeber, it gets easier each day, and we get stronger with each good choice ;)
XOXO

Kimphin
01-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Nicole - you kill me. Faking sick. Love it!

Had a good weekend, didn't have anything planned except for a trainer appt Sat AM. I love weekends like that, and they are rare. I did a ton of laundry, re-organized my closet and dresser drawers, and made some yummy veggie soup.

DH has a job interview tomorrow and he's freaking out. He got headhunted from an engineering/design firm he has worked with at his current job. He's been at his current employer for over 20yrs. He's been up my butt about interviewing skills for a week now! I want him to be happy, but in this economy, I'm not all that thrilled that he wants to leave a fairly secure job. Que sera, sera, right? In order for it to be worth his while they would have to pony up a lot of $$.

Time for my morning snack! Greek yogurt - my new best friend.

Kristinx
01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Yay! This is the week I can really join in! I start the plan tommorrow! Hopefully I don't die of carb withdrawal the first couple days lol

Dan2112
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
You can do it Kristin.. Just gotta keep your eyes on the prize.. And remember this.. With the LAWL plan it is VITAL that you remain completely POP for it to work.. It's all about balance and while the little bites and nibbles of off-plan foods may seem harmless, they can throw you out of whack.

Later on, your body will be more forgiving for small diviations from Plan, but in the beginning, you gotta remain strong.

Have a great week everyone! Liz and I are officially on TO, so wish us luck too.. We're doing it with cantalope this time around, so we'll see how it goes.. So far so good, but I'm concerned that my bad lunch yesterday may come back to haunt me when I hit the scale tomorrow.

jewljz
01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Kristin - I always found the bars to be my savior when it came to carb cravings.

Nicole - My oldest DS was feeling sick last night and asked "mom, what happens if I don't feel better tomorrow?" My response was "You will." He's never stayed home sick from school (KNOCK ON WOOD) and so he still accepts these responses... lucky me :) I usually threaten that I'm going to have to drop them off at someone else's house because I have to work, that scares them into wanting to go to school. I guess it's different when you are at home.

Kim - good luck to DH - any decision will be the right one.

Jillian - I'd go to the Dr. office just to kick someone, then just turn around and leave. They can't blame you, you're hormonal :)

Kristinx
01-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys, I am excited to finally get this going and to start seeing the pounds drop! I am planning meals and pre-cooking things tonight so it is easier to remain POP. I do tend to lead a fairly busy, unpredictable lifestyle so I need to make sure I always have on plan meals ready to go pretty quickly.

My understanding is there are some foods restricted for the first 4 weeks. Anyone know what that may be? I only have the free to live book to go by.

jewljz
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Kristin - no beef or pork for the first 4 weeks - I can't remember all of the protein restrictions, but this was a big part of it.

Repo girl
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi all. All is good my end. I am down a lb, so that is good.

Jillian- Oh, how rude. At least you are fixed up for the day though!

Dan and Liz- GL with TO!

Nicole- I am so sick of my kids, no way would I have let any of them stay home sick. NO WAY! LOL.

Kim- Hope your DH's interview goes well!

Mary- How did the weekend go?

JLem311
01-12-2009, 02:52 PM
so the weather got pretty nasty and it's pretty much a blizzard outside so Julia's school is closing at 130pm. former dh came and picked up DS and is now on his way to get her. boo. now i'm all alone for the rest of the day. i hear a nap calling me, i think.

Kristinx
01-12-2009, 02:58 PM
No beef or pork at all huh...yikes...I don't eat much fish so sounds like a LOT of chicken and eggs..lol Oh dear...

zambejaly5
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
nicole it is one of those teachers have meetings all day... days. this monday and next monday. I think it is funny that next week we are off for teacher day... and the north gets MLK day... hmmmm

Mama Nicole
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh my goodness, Lettie....why don't they just give MLK day some due respect and call the day off in his honor? I won't go political on you guys, but I just hate it when simplicity gets lost.

cecil
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Hay all! I am on TO today too! Whoo hoo! TO power! A few of my girlfriend and I are doing it. So I hope it goes well so far it has been easy! Knock on wood! We had a blizzard warning last night through this afternoon it was pretty nasty out this am.

Good luck Kristin! Time will fly by!

HI Dan, Nicole, Kim , Lettie and Jillian! And anyone else I missed! Have a great monday!

I am glad a few of us are on TO together!

Congrats on the lb Katie!

JerseyMadchen
01-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Guys!

Just wanted to check in and say hello! Hope everything is going well today! I got my new batteries for my scale and weighed in. I will update my ticker now. I wasn’t that upset… it was god toknow the Wii Fit is close to true, even on carpet.

Officially started WW today and am feeling great. I am doing their 8-week exercise routine too, which starts off today with 30 minute walk and 10 jumping jacks. I can’t wait!

For my walk I will be walking up to the post office to drop off mail and will stop in the library to get a card. We have this awesome downtown. I grew up here, and it’s even better now.

Well, hope you’re having a POP day!

cecil
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I am sooo jealous that it is nice enough for you to even walk outside Amy! Lucky! Good luck with WW!

JerseyMadchen
01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't know if Jersey weather is anything to be jealous about... it's warm one day cold the next. Everyone is constantly sick because of it.

It is nice being able to walk in a sweatshirt and down vest though.

I have to go out tonight to celebrate my older brother's birthday today. Is it wrong to just NOT want to go??

Well, off to shower and primp!

Ta-ta for now!

BarbaraB
01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Jersey Amy, You can follow plan even when you are out and about. Just be sure to not start out too hungry, and to try to make good choices. It is all about fitting a healthy life style into your life, not about stopping having a life.

Katie, Hope that other pounds join that first one very soon.

Joni, They say moderate drinkers live longer than those who totally abstain. So perhaps it was a medicinal beer....

I was POP for an entire weekend! I was so tempted, but managed to behave. I also worked out extra hard with two killer spin classes.

JLem311
01-12-2009, 07:21 PM
i just bought 2 coach purses off of ebay. dh is gonna kill me! oops. i really liked both. maybe once i get them, i'll pick one and re-sell the other and make some $$. ooops. ;)
but the good news is the 2 purses only came to $205.50 and that was including shipping on both! one is brand new and the other looks brand new.

early bday gift? i think so! (still feel a bit guilty!)

Mama Nicole
01-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh, Jillian....you crack me up :)

bradleys mom
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Officially started WW today and am feeling great. I am doing their 8-week exercise routine too...

What's this and where can I find it??

Joni135
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Happy Monday!!

Nicole - I hope you empty out some beds tomorrow!! Did y'all ever come up with a Facebook team name (or whatever)?? I'm doing a "live" challenge with a girlfriend of mine and our team name is Flab-U-Less! This challenge goes until May 16....and it's got a $500 prize to the winning 2-member team and $100 to the top losing contestant. I'd be happy just losing a significant amount of weight..the money would just be icing on the celery stick!

BarbaraB - you are my hero in the weight loss department...and to know that I am now spinning gives me hope that someday I will get to goal!! I just got home from spin and it wears me down....sweat sweat and more sweat....

Jillian - I'm a Coach purse gal myself....but they were gifts and they are older, but I still love them. So, if you shop on EBay, how can you be sure they aren't faux coach??? My friend's husband brought back some amazing knock offs from China.....next time he goes, I'm putting in my order!

Katie - do you still have your daycare business too???

Good luck to all you takeoffers...I did find myself buying some oranges tonight...I am definitely a carb addict. I'm staying at 1200 calories, but I'm lacking in the fruits and veggies department. I did buy some V8 and had some of that to count towards my veggie intake. I forgot how much I like that stuff......

Kimphin - wowwwwwwww...you are 7 lbs into the challenge already. You go girl! Are you doing WW??

JLem311
01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Jillian - I'm a Coach purse gal myself....but they were gifts and they are older, but I still love them. So, if you shop on EBay, how can you be sure they aren't faux coach??? My friend's husband brought back some amazing knock offs from China.....next time he goes, I'm putting in my order!

i've been looking at lots of them on ebay for awhile now..comparing things, etc. and the auctions i won are from sellers stating they are authentic and have receipts, original tags, etc. so i'm hoping they are what they say. otherwise, i'm sure i can take something up with ebay/paypal about it.

here are the pics--

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/coach2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/coach.jpg

the green one is my fave. :)

JerseyMadchen
01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey guys!

Jillian- I too buy Coach bags on eBay. I actually got my Christmas present from on there. Mine was a $500 bag for $250. Not too bad. I only buy from those stating 100% guaranteed authentic. That way if they're not I can get my money back. I can tell the fakes and the real. It's not that bad really... if you want I can share my secrets!

Kimberly- It was in WW magazine this month. I recommend getting the subscription, or at least this one. If you can't/don't get it, let me know and I'll scan it somehow.

I didn't end up going out tonight for my brother's bday. I have no $$!! I hate saying that, but I would end up buying drinks for Ian and my other siblings, and would be out at least $30. I literally can't afford that! Poor college student here!!

Just watched last weeks Dietribe! GOod show, am looking forward to tonights!

Just a heads up... I am sure many of you know this, but for those of you who dont. When you eat a frozen dinner, after heating, take it out of the packaging and put it on a realy plate. It's a bigger portion than you would think! It also works for FF Pudding CupS! I added 1/4 cup of dried cranberries (2 points!) to my Rice pudding and put it in a bowl, it was a considerable amount! TRICK YOUR BRAIN!!!

Ta!

Heather5
01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone! It has been a long time since I posted on this website. My schedule has finally slowed down for a few weeks, so my goal is to get back on track before things get crazy again.

I hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday and that you were all able to take some time to relax, have fun, and enjoy your time with friends and family. I didn't do anything during my break except for go to they gym and go Christmas shopping!

Jillian-- I love the purses! I have several of them that I use all the time. I have always gotten them as a birthday or a christmas gift from my mom.

Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Heather

Dairy Fairy
01-13-2009, 01:10 AM
Ok, I didn't do perfect, but I did not do BAD. I did bad as far as LAWL, but not as far as healthy living, know what I mean? Oh well...tomorrow is another day.

DH wants me to be team mom on t-ball (he is the manager) but I don't wanna. Has anyone done anything like that before? Just seems like too much work since I have 3 kids under 5. It also seems like a good way for me to get annoyed with DH for giving me orders. I hate authority! :D Maybe I am being lazy.

I do not know that LAWL is right for me right now. I am gonna have to marinate on it a bit.

Mama Nicole
01-13-2009, 01:39 AM
you're sooo not being lazy. if you already know you don't really want to do it, i say listen to you gut. you have enough on your plate, and an over extended mama is not a good thing :) just my two cents though....maybe i'm kinda lazy about that kind of stuff too :lol:
XOXo

Kristinx
01-13-2009, 09:25 AM
It's day one on program for me! I just arrived at work and so far so good! Here's what I have had so far
1 whole egg with 1/4 cup of egg whites, scrambled
32 oz water
Coffee with sweetener and fat free creamer(this may be a big no no but hopefully my only coffee today)
Sipping away on my take off juice
Have packed up some chicken, celery and broccoli for lunch!

Dairy Fairy
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Ok I have to go get the twins dressed for school and feed everyone but I had to come and post that even though I have not been really LAWLing I have been trying and I got on the scale and wasdown from 200 to 195.5. Woohoo! Isn't that 4.5 lbs? I haven't been drinking my water like I should so I think some of this might actually be fat. We'll see.

Nicole, my hubby wants me to do it because he knows he can nag me and I will eventually do it, whereas he cannot nag a strange woman. I hate sports. He is trying to bribe me with a jersey that says "Marbear" on the back. :dizzy:

Thanks ladies!

Repo girl
01-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Haha, be strong Mary, be strong!! I would do it, but just because my DH and I love working on stuff together. We are one of those couples that could own and operate a business together and get along just fine, whereas I have a lot of friends that would probably end up killing each other.

Down .5 of a lb today, and yesterday I was fairly naughty. I did get my water in though, and a cup of parsley tea for water retention. I swear I've got 10 lbs of water sloshing around in my legs and ankles. Have a good day everyone!

jewljz
01-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Mary - team mom jobs are for stay at home mom's... I don't even consider these as I would probably die from over extending myself! If you are a SAHM, then consider this - a lot of team mom's show up at practices, drop off papers, and leave... while the rest of us mom's have to, I mean GET to stay and watch the whole darn practice! Sometimes team mom's even get away with just an email rather than having to show up! You can wear your 'Marbear' jersey in the comfort of your own home! Especially since DH will always be there!!! Lucky you!

jewljz
01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
To all you FB'ers, I started adding FB friends - I really stink at FB, so don't expect much... Did we ever get a group name? Let's be Group1 for Pete's sake! We could waste all year trying to be creative! Or at least I know I could!

I'm a little feisty this morning, so tired from trying to fix a virus on my computer for the past 2 nights and up till 1am each nite! Also, staying up late seems like it doesn't fare well with me (along with drinking on the weekend and too many BLT's), I'm up 3lbs!!! Stinks!!!

JerseyAmy - I think it was you that posted the idea for a breakfast shake with spinach? I tried it this morning, you can smell the spinach a little, but it does not taste bad! I only used spinach, light and fit yogurt, and frozen cherries... I may have tried to use too much spinach, I was trying to get a whole veggie serving in there, but then noticed that a whole veggie serving of spinach is 2 CUPS!!! so I settled on 1/2 a veggie.

Hope everyone's Tuesday is TERRIFIC!!!

Dan2112
01-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Got your FB request Julie, thanks!

G'morning all.. Day two of TO, and so far so good...
Will be interested to see what the scale might do tomorrow morning... I'm supposed to go play racquetball tonight, but I know the lack of food for the past couple of days might catch up to me and affect my game... Maybe I'll postpone until tomorrow...

Today's the day for me to go and talk to the doc about "the Big Snip"... Wish me luck so that I don't bolt out of there screaming...

Repo girl
01-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Just take some deep breaths Dan......and a lot of ice! Hahaha, yeah, I know really funny. Good luck!

amylou7777
01-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Morning friends!

Kristen-GL with your first week! I can't wait to hear how much you lose.

Dan-Yikes-does not sound like fun! GL with that.

KimR-Hope your surgery went very well today!! Happy recovery. Don't take too long!

Yay for a loss Katie! I w/i for a 2lb loss last week. Not too shabby. I'll take it!

I have three hearings this afternoon.....so far things are getting easier everyday. I think I've finally nixed the nerves (somewhat) and am starting to feel more comfortable. Things have been a little slow, so I've had time to really focus on good meals and exercise. TIme to build these habits now before work gets crazy...
It's really nice to see three pages already. So glad everyone is on board for a great 2009. Keep it up peeps!!

I PMd Felicia a while back but haven't heard anything from her. Anyone talk to her outside of the boards? I miss her stories!

Mama Nicole
01-13-2009, 12:55 PM
good morning al :) i have company coming over in a few, so i only have a second.......but anted to check in ;) I will be back later :)
XOXO

bradleys mom
01-13-2009, 01:33 PM
KimR-Hope your surgery went very well today!! Happy recovery. Don't take too long!

Thanks darlin'! I am home and feeling very good, but gonna milk it for all its worth when DH gets home! Ha ha ha!

I PMd Felicia a while back but haven't heard anything from her. Anyone talk to her outside of the boards? I miss her stories!

I miss her too! I hope she pops in soon! I was just wondering about her the other day!

BarbaraB
01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
I miss Felicia too! Also Pearl and Cassie and Julie Marie and many others, but I understand that sometimes life is very busy.

Joni, Spin class can wear me out, but it does really wonderful things for your legs...

Dan, I have a hard time with too much exercise when on TO also. Raquetball might be a bit much.

Kimberly, I hope you are feeling better very soon. I'm sure there was more to the surgery than too much fat in the way!

Amylou, so glad that lawyering does not start out stressful. So smart to take this time before they load you down with work to concentrate on you. How are the wedding plans coming?

Amy, Sometimes you have to be frugal, better smart and a bit unsocial now than to dig yourself into a hole that you never get out of. You'll be able to handle expenses like that once you are out of school. How much longer do you have until you are done?

Jillian, cute purses, I saw the green one and I thought it would look very cute with your frog tattoo. I have a couple of coach bags, and they last a huge long time, so it may seem expensive, but when you factor in how long you will likely use it, it is not so bad. Is your toe feeling better yet? I had visions of you limping around a grocery store and I felt so bad for you the other day. Is the weather better there today?

Katie, how sweet that your DH and you could do a business together. Is he still at home all day? My DH can entertain himself and I fear if he was home all day that I would hardly be able to drag him out of his hobby room. He has a constantly shifting set of hobbies, with model railroad and radio controlled helicopters being the current favorite thing. Nothing like a video on train models to put me to sleep instantly... I have a real hard time with that one. At least the helicopter keeps my cats interested. I have had to institue a personal no fly zone though, since I don't like having small helicopters attempt to land on my head. My no fly zone comes complete with threatened flicking of helicopters... My DH is just a boy with his toys.

LizzyW
01-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey all,

Well Day 2 of TO and I am doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I did really good and plus had TKD and did stairs at work to boot. I think I may see some results. Just need to keep up with the activity. Hard to do when you work at a computer all day.

It is great to be back. I am back in my 16s so it doesn't please me too much. I liked being in my 14s much better. So after going back up, I am ready to come back down. I know I have the best support team there is, my hubby and you all.

JLem311
01-13-2009, 03:48 PM
hello all.
well the weather is a bit better today, but it's suppose to get super cold and possibly more snow.
my toe is still pretty icky looking and feeling. i'm getting used to the limping around. the bruising looks quite terrible.

dan--good for you for choosing to take that step so your wife doesn't have to! my first DH did it and had it done on a friday and was back at work on monday. and lucky for me DH is gonna do it after this baby is born too. gosh, i'm so lucky to have men that will do that for me. :) it's actually a better alternative instead of having tubes tied. such a shorter recovery time.

kim--sorry your surgery didn't go as planned. bummer!

ok..DS didn't nap and is tearing the house apart! ugh. someone save me!

4princesses
01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey all good to 'see' you! I am finally back online after the christmas rush.. it was hard going away because I didn't loose anything on the flip side I never gained a lb. That was good news after such a busy season so now back onto the loosing thing. I am stocked up on all the things I need to make this work and hope it will move the scale in the right direction.

Anybody have new tips/tricks that are working for them?

Dan- My husband had a no-scalpel done, it was so worth it to have it done better!

Jillian- LOVE the green purse, both are cute. Hope you get some rest this afternoon.

Nicole- my kids were 'sick' today too.. I didn't want to drag them out in the freezing cold blizzard today.

Barb- god job on POPping!

Hello to everyone else, miss you and hope you had a great holiday season!

*hugs*

Dan2112
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey all,

Well Day 2 of TO and I am doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I did really good and plus had TKD and did stairs at work to boot. I think I may see some results. Just need to keep up with the activity. Hard to do when you work at a computer all day.

It is great to be back. I am back in my 16s so it doesn't please me too much. I liked being in my 14s much better. So after going back up, I am ready to come back down. I know I have the best support team there is, my hubby and you all.

Uh Oh! She's back!! Ya'll better watch what you say to me, or Liz'll be after you!!

Well, in reality, she'd probably be joining you, but it never hurts to hope...

BarbaraB
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Liz, Good luck on TO. At least you probably have toned fingers from all the typing right? Do you get up and walk the stairs on a break? I'm considering doing that... the starbucks walk has certain down sides to it.

Dan, Hope we don't get you into trouble. Even if we did request a picture of the bike pants. LOL.

Elizabeth, not gaining over the holidays is a major victory.

The sun is out today! It has been so depressing lately, so it is great to see it

LizzyW
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Barbara,

Yes. A group of us do 4 flights of stairs 3 times, a day right now. The number of times goes up about every week. It is a bit tougher than it looks, but oh so worth it. Plus it gives me a break from sitting all day.

Kimphin
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Yay! Liz is back! TO - it always looms so badly, yet it really is just 2 days. Glad it is going well.

Kimberly - speedy recovery to ya! You people that have surgery and are online the same day amaze me. I milked my surgery big time.

Amy - What type of law are you practicing? I think you have said before, but I can't recall. You are handling it great! I'd be an inner basket case (I hold things like that in, while appearing fine on the outside - not good).

Hey Elizabeth - wow, you are true to your word - you said you were taking a 4 week break, and you were right! You dod a really good job over the holidays, it's so hard no to gain. Welcome back!

I had to cancel tonight's trainer appt - I did something to put my back out this AM, and I am now walking like a cross between George Jefferson and Joe Cocker. It's awful. And to top it off, someone was in my parking place this afternoon and I had to park in East Weezamboo. Ugh. Luckily DH shoveled a path to the Hot Tub on Sunday, so I have a date with that tonight.

See y'all tomorrow!

Mama Nicole
01-13-2009, 10:53 PM
ouch, kim.......that sucks.......but thanks for the fun mental picture of a cross between you, george, and joe :)
XOXO

Heather5
01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Good Evening Everyone!
I hope everyone had a good day! It is the coldest it has been here in NY in a long time and my body does not like the cold. Maybe there will be a snow day tomorrow because it is too cold. I wouldn't mind staying curled up in my nice warm bed for a few more hours.

I am off to bed! Talk to everyone tomorrow!

JLem311
01-13-2009, 11:03 PM
dang, i just found out that the crib i just ordered from amazon.com has been recalled! ugh. it has already shipped so i can't cancel it.
so now i have to contact the company for a free replacement repair kit. ugh! what a freakin' pain in the butt.
i guess at least i found out now before the baby got here and was sleeping in it. but still. ticks me off.
ugh!!!!!

ok. done venting. going to bed now. :)

4princesses
01-13-2009, 11:09 PM
That sucks Jillian.. glad you found out and get the kit sooner than later. What kind of crib did you pick? I can't believe you are already over 1/2 way done!

Hope you all have a super day tomorrow, I planned out my meals so hopefully I get loosing. seems like lots of people are on takeoff.. I might join in.. I probably could use a boost to get loosing.

For those of you that have been successful on LA.. what are your best tips? I know the salt, portioning etc.. just wondering if there are certain foods that work best for you. For me if I am eating 6 small meals, I do much better than 3 bigger ones.. oh and getting my water in.

Happy middle of the week!

JLem311
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
ok, so i totally posted this on the VICTORIES thread by mistake. can you tell it's prego brain for me today!?! ha. ok..sorry here's what i posted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yay for Amy and resisting the cookies! you RULE!

so school is 2hrs late for DD today, so i'm sitting here having a yummy sugar-free soy latte so that way i don't fall asleep on DS today! ha.
it's suppose to get to -22 tonight. yikes. and the high for today is -3. ick.

ok. i'll check back in later, hopefully.

Mama Nicole
01-14-2009, 10:30 AM
good morning everyone :)

4princesses
01-14-2009, 10:30 AM
so yep, I decided to do take off for a couple of days. Already had breakfast and 1/4 of my H2O! Hope you all have a POP day!

Mama Nicole
01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
wow......what a great start, Elizabeth. It is so good to have you back. How are the girls?
XOXO

Dan2112
01-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Mornin' all!

Well, first indications are that TO worked.. I yo-yo'ed a bit from my initial loss last week, which tells me it was mostly water that I lost, so total loss so far, beginning last week, is 4 lbs.

I think a better indication will be what the scale says tomorrow, as it usually takes a couple of days for whatever you've eaten to affect your losses or gains.

Keeping it light today, with egg beaters for breakfast and some green chile/turkey meatloaf I cooked up last night.. It's pretty spicy, so I'm hoping Liz can handle it. I mixed the green chile in with the meat and then mixed a small amount of red chile paste into the ketchup glaze topping. I know the glaze is probably a bit more salty than it should be, but I just can't face turkey meatloaf without a little added extra flavor.. Seems no matter how much I spice up the meat it always comes out kind of bland.. Well, no worries about that this time!!

Have a great day all!

4princesses
01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Dan that sounds great! I find spicy foods make me feel more full.. maybe it's because they take longer to eat?

Nicole.. girls are good, we had a great time together over the holidays. How is your clan doing? you find it hard sometimes to make the time for you to put yourself first? I find that I leave myself for the last but this year I am putting myself in top priority. As a mom I function better when I am eating right and sleeping well.. even if the house gets left a bit more than I would like. I hired a mother's helper to come in one day a week and that has been so amazing for me.

Kim.. I am jealous you have a hot tub! Hopefully it will give your back some relief. *feel better*

jewljz
01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Dan - I don't know why every time you mention GREEN CHILE my mouth waters! You always make it sound so delicious! I love green chile, but don't use it nearly as much as I should!

I watched TBL last night - I didn't want the person that left to go home, but was reallllllly happy to see his update at the end and in hindsight feel that the right choice was made. I used my DVR to watch!!! Also did 2 exercise shows that I had recorded from earlier in the day, I love love LOVE the DVR! High Def I could really care less about... my dh is all hyped up about that one, but I guess that since I'm supposed to wear glasses and don't I'm already used to the fuzzy picture!

Hope everyone's Wednesday is Wonderful :)

Joni135
01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Elizabeth – you look like someone, but I can’t place it….a movie star? As far as what worked for me when I did LAWL – keeping the Journal was key; v8 juice helped fill some of my veggie quotas….It’s been so long…I can’t really remember..sorry.

Kim – sorry to hear about your back AND your stolen parking spot! Hope the hot tub hits the spot!

Jillian – now those are some cold temps….It’s cold in GA, but not in the minuses! I like your purse selections....ENJOY! Hopefully the crib fix kit won't be too complicated.....

Oh Barbara – this cracked me up: My DH can entertain himself and I fear if he was home all day that I would hardly be able to drag him out of his hobby room. He has a constantly shifting set of hobbies, with model railroad and radio controlled helicopters being the current favorite thing. Nothing like a video on train models to put me to sleep instantly... I have a real hard time with that one. At least the helicopter keeps my cats interested. I have had to institue a personal no fly zone though, since I don't like having small helicopters attempt to land on my head. My no fly zone comes complete with threatened flicking of helicopters... My DH is just a boy with his toys.
At least his hobbies seem normal to me…my DH is currently into knot tying...did you all know there is an official knot tying guild and hundreds of books on knot tying? That, combined with his master YO YOing skills are just hard to beat. I wish his hobbies were cleaning house, folding laundry, washing cars, etc.!

So Dan – did you run out of the docs office screaming?

Nicole - hope you had fun with your company!

JerseyMadchen
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey guys!

It's pretty cold here too, but NOTHING near below zero!

TBL was good last night, I believe it was the right decision. I would have done the same thing. I was so happy the girl (Tara?) won the competition. I sometimes think they are a little unfair. Men are built differently from women and on some of those competitions, there's not a chance a woman could win. I wish they had strategy competitions more or somthing like that. That way the women or the heavier people could have a chance. The teenager (Dan?) definitely doesn't have a chance against them!

My DH and I are stil not living together, so I talkon the phone to him as much as I can. He works 2nd shift, so I talk to him from 1:15p-1:30p on his way into work, maybe 15 minutes during his shift, and then he calls me when he gets out. His shift ends at 10:30, but he's never out before 12. These last two nights have been after 2am! It's killing me! I slept in until 12 today. That's fine any other time, but I start school next week and am trying to get my body adjusted for it. UGH!

I am aching today from exercising, but I love this ache! I will just walk and jumpjacks today. I am playing piano for an area high school's musical, so I am spending today practicing. They're doing what's called "The All Night Strut." It's music from the 30's-50's. Kind of fun!

Have a great day guys!

JerseyMadchen
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Oh, and no wonder they lose so much weight so fast, like 25 lbs in a week! That was the first time last night that I heard they are exercising 8 hours a day! WOW. That's a diet though, not a lifestyle change! They go back to their lives without Bob and Jillian and 8 hours in the gym every day!!!

Kimphin
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
DH and I were hysterical at Bob's tirade last night on TBL. I kept backing it up and watching again. The funny thing is, before Bob blew, DH said (about the gray team girl Joelle) "She's F-ing crazy."

Back is still killing me. Not good. Luckily it does get better with heat, so I don't think it's a disc. I will be making an appointment with DH's chiro soon!

NJAmy - Great job with the aching muscles!

Joni - Knot tying? That's a winner - never heard of that one before. And, if you find the guy who considers cleaning a hobby, hook me up with his brother!

Elizabeth - Looove the hot tub. Second best thing we've ever bought, after the dog. We use it all the time, I love sitting in it when it's snowing. However, the HIGH for today is 10degrees, so I think I won't be going in tonight.

jewljz
01-14-2009, 02:04 PM
HEY - I just got an idea! I'll take up knot tying and tell my kids its my new hobby! 'stay still kids, just a little longer and mommy will have you tied into this chair in no time'! :)

Mama Nicole
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
:lol:

Dan2112
01-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Joni - No.. I made it out of there with out losing it.. Literally AND figuratively...

So I set my surgery date for Friday, February 13th.. I'm not superstitious, but as I was leaving the irony of having the surgery on that date hit me..

Then, of course, later on when I told Liz when it was, she commented about that being Valentines Day weekend as well..

Boy, I'm batting a thousand here, aren't I?

cecil
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh no Dan that's a bummer! Oh well at least you will be getting it over with! And liz can baby you on V-day. HA!

JLem311
01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
hey everyone. just checking back in for the day before we have to go and pick up DD from school. DS and his napping habits (or lack thereof are really wearing on me.)
dan--good for you for scheduling your surgery. i had my galbladder out back in 2003 on halloween. so everyone was dressed up and when i woke up from surgery it was quite the scary site, so a friday the 13th will be nothing!

there's actually a friday the 13th in feb and march this year! lovely! :)

amy--hope you get on some sort of set sleep schedule soon. it seriously blows being away from your DH. when will you both be living together finally? any end in sight?

ok..gotta go.

JLem311
01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
oh and ps..it's -38 windchill outside right now. WTF. seriously. pretty freakin' ridiculous if you ask me. blech.

Kristinx
01-14-2009, 04:27 PM
we just had temps in the positive....with rain...and now today it's dropping to -20 or more with windchill.....black ice here I come! Weather is freakin ridiculous!

Heather5
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone--
I hope that everyone's day is going well so far. I just got home from school and I am taking a few minutes to relax before I start writing midterms. Fun!!!

How many different kinds of knots are there? I think I would be bored to death!

Stay warm! It is 10 degrees today and the temperature is supposed to drop. I am so glad that it is not -38!!!! If the windchill is cold enough, then school will be closed for the day!!!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Kimphin
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey Heather - where in NY are you? I'm in Albany. 10 here too. Brrrr. The dog pretty much slipped his weiner between a crack in the door and peed that way this morning.

equinetcan
01-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey everybody...

Here in NB it isn't much better weather wise. It was hovering around 0C when I went to work this morning and tonight its -28C with the windchill. The next few days are supposed to be about the same as well. Definitely staying inside the next few.

Not a lot new to report from up here. I am thinking of joining the WW online but I need to take a look at it a little closer to see if I would like it. Their new momentum plan kind of interests me.

Work is nuts and we are having some BIG changes in my small department. Downsizing. I made it through the first cut - the girl chosen is done the end of this month but another one of us goes likely end of march or early april. I can go back to the call center part but I really don't want to so I am looking for something else as well. I have no idea if it will be me the next go round or one of the others. We are on;y a group of 4 now so the odds are closing in.

Guess thats it for right now. I'll check in later...

Joni135
01-14-2009, 09:43 PM
What's worse...the fact that I don't have my butt on the treadmill or the fact that I'm sitting her playing on the computer and watching American Idol??
I'm going to pack my bag and hit the gym hard tomorrow. I had a 'carb fit' sort of day and swear I will do better tomorrow!

Okay, Kim, the visual of your dog taking a whiz through the cracked doorway is pretty darn funny! But, do you blame him???? Let us know how your back appointment goes. Nothing to paly around with.

Alannah - hope you make it through all the cutbacks..

4princesses
01-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Just brought the kids in from playing in the snow.. it is -33C/-27F with wind.. not as cold as it has been the last few weeks but more than I can handle. I really need some snow pants!!! take off tomorrow.. anyone else taking off too?

Dairy Fairy
01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm here being a good girl but not LAWLing...we'll see if I lose this way.

amylou7777
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Wohooo we're on the downhill stretch to the weekend. Wow this week has gone by fast. I've been traveling a lot for work. I'm actually enjoying the time in the car. No traffic with the places I'm going so it's a good time to relax and clear my head.

Kim-I'm doing criminal law right now. I mostly work with parole issues. I never thought I'd be doing this but I really enjoy it-lots of freedom and good money! I don't know if I'll stay here forever, but it's a great gig for now. Hope you back is ok!!!!

Barbara-you crack me up!!!! DF has been wanting one of those helicopters. I can only imagine!! Our dog would go crazy.

Joni-I once won a knot-tying DVD at a white elephant gift exchange. If I still had it I'd send it on to DH. heehe

Julie-love it!! hahaha

I'm sorry you all are so cold out there! I wont dare post the amazing temps we've been having in norcal. It's downright hot where my parents live in socal, but norcal has been just perfect. Get outta that cold and come visit ;)

JerseyAmy-yay for exercising! Very proud of ya, keep it up. I've been squeezing in two miles with Les before work this week. I need to get movin at night too. I wanted to get 15 miles in this week and I think I'm only at 7. Any good WW recipes?

Ok off to check off the other threads!

JerseyMadchen
01-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey guys!

The knot tying is hilarious... My DH's hobbty is video games and aisoft rifles. Those guns that shoot the little plastic bullets. Video games are his first love though. I guess I feed into it, giving him Call of Duty 5 for CHristmas. (Call of Duty 4 was last Christmas.) He plays online with my younger brother and another family friend. I guess there are worse hobbies! At least I know where he will always be!

Jillian- ther's no relief in sight. Just weekends with DH for now. Apparently he got the job in MD (right by Aberdeen, Bel Air- I am sure your DH knows the area well...) but they don't know when he will start. He will be a technical recruiter for his present company, this is basicaly a transfer. Since there is no official start date, no talks of $$, we don't believe it. Even if he gets it, it's still another 2-3 months til we move in together officially. SOMEDAY...

Amylou- WW is going wel. Still aching today. Should have walked, but didn't. Am hosting a WW meeting among friends on Monday night... will let you know if any of the dishes being brought are edible!

Stay warm!!!

JLem311
01-15-2009, 09:18 AM
good morning all. well, another 2hr late start for DD's school today. i just wish they would cancel it altogether. it's so freakin' cold out. i'm so sick of hearing/talking about the dang weather.

amy--so sorry that there's not much relief in sight for you and DH finally living under the same roof. totally blows. at least he's not in a foreign country getting shot at or you have absolutely no contact with him or something, right? i'm not trivializing it at all, because i know it sucks not having him with you, but i suppose it could be worse, right? keep being strong, girl!

ok. gotta go. be back later today. i hope this day goes by fast. i'm seriously done with this week. ugh.

Kristinx
01-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Down 4 lbs after the 2 day fast forward! Now I'm on the regular program and of course I slept in this morninG! I HAD to make my lunch for today though so no time for breakfast. I grabbed a LA shake though so better than nothing. I'm looking at the nutritional info and it seems pretty close to what a Slim FAst shake would be...anyone ever use those? I'm really trying to do this all with real food but I have a 45 minute commute to work and some days I can't drag my *** outta bed early enough to make breakfast..

dawn78
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Just checking in...it's freezing here. The actual air temp is -29F, with the wind it's -45F. Crazy. Why do I live in Minnesota?? DS only had school 1 1/2 days this week because of the weather. Good thing DH doesn't work this time of year so he's able to stay home with the kids on these crappy days. The only other good thing about the cold is that my body seems to shrink a little bit. Like my ring is almost falling off!

DH & I are going to Florida at the end of the month for a PGA golf convention. How boring. I have to help him buy merchandise for his shop, but I'm secretly only going to get a break from the weather (& my kids)! I know that sounds horrible, but I rarely get a break from my kids. I think I’ve only left them twice for a two night stretch because of out-of-town weddings, so DH and I really need a break! DS is bummed because he really wants to come with but we go back to Florida at the end of February as a family. So that will be another nice break for the Minnesota weather!

Kristinx
01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Dawn I would use any excuse to go to Florida this time of year haha.Even if you have to do some work..at least it's warm! My future father in law lives in Tampa...and I haven't even met him yet...I'm trying to convince my bf we need to visit :P

Repo girl
01-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Morning everyone! Sorry to all of you who are so dang cold! It has been unseasonably warm here, getting into the mid 30's every day, around 10 or so at night. Usually in January we are below zero most of the month.

Kim- That is hilarious about your poor pup. My chihauhau is the same way, all pathetic and everything. Last night he got really wild running and playing, and then drank an entire bowl of water, so I refilled it and he drank half of that. His belly was distended from all of the water. I was so worried about him peeing on my bed that I got him up twice in the night to pee. He was not thrilled to be tossed out at 3:00 in the morning to go potty.

Joni- I am still doing daycare during the week, then work at the clinic on the weekends. We are also going to start doing house calls for Reiki for cancer patients next month, so I will be working at night a little bit too. Hopefully a lot, actually. I am really ready to make the clinic my full time job. I have done daycare for 9 years. It pays well, and has kept me home with my kids, but in the fall, all of my kids will be in school all day. By then, I plan to be working in my clinic only. It is the most fullfilling work I have ever done. There is something so amazing about really helping people.

Mary- Just keep pushing, you are doing great!

About the DHs hobbies. Mine is a hobby jumper too. He loves to learn how to do stuff, but then forgets about it an moves on before he has perfected the process. Examples of things he can do, has all of the stuff to do, but never actually does do: Gas powered helicopters, wine making (he does still do this one, actually. My closet is full of wine that has fermenting for many months), tattooing (he has a great kit, but no one to practice on, LOL), a huge art set that I finally started letting my kids get into an paint watercolors on little canvases, airbrushing, car painting, and the list goes on......

Dan2112
01-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Morning gang...

Happy to report I'm down 5 lbs since starting the "race" last week.. I figure my initial 3lbs loss was mostly water, but with being good, diet-wise and this week's TO, the 5lb. total is real weight.. Yay!

Mama Nicole
01-15-2009, 12:45 PM
It is officialy too cold to be outa bed.

Mama Nicole
01-15-2009, 01:03 PM
but I am outa bed......don't worry....but barely. I keep having thoughts of jumping back in, :lol:.

The only thing keeping me outa the sack is I have some fun things to do today. My creative bug has been itching pretty bad lately, so I have a Cars wall hanging to make for DS, some Valentine's hearts to cut out for the kids to make Valentines, and a painting to finish. No, I don''t really paint....I am dabbling.........ought to prove interesting. Anyway........I went to Michael's yesterday and spent $28 bucks on paper and decorations to make these silly VD cards. I don't really like spending that much $$$ on VD for the kids....but they all LOVE making them. I have only let them make them a couple of times, but they work on them for hours. This year, I finally decided to get them supplies early enough.......so they have lots of time to make them special and unique. And, guess who else likes playing iwth paper,scissors and paste........:)

Well, if I want to have time to play, I guess I have to get some work done. I better get back with the flylady so I have time to be a SAHM with a clean house and creativity......:lol:. Usually it is a trade off for me.........
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
01-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey guys!

Quiet in here today!

I decided to get on the scale this morning, I couldn't resist temptation! The good nes is I am down 3 lbs since Monday! AHH!!! I am so excited. And that's with last night's pizza binge!

Other good news is that Unemployment was extended again in NJ, so I am eligible for extended benefits. NJ is a great state... there are good things here too!!! This will help us out financially so much as I make more on unemployment than I ever could with a part time job. And DH has an expensive hotel bill each month living in PA.

We had a dusting of snow this morning, which is almost gone. It is pretty cold though, so I may walk with Leslie today. Haven't done it yet, but I like how you guys say how many miles you've walked in a week! I may start a ticker!

Kimphin
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Don't eat the paste, Nicole.

I apparently am in the dreaded "week 2" (you TBL watchers should get the reference) So far I have lost nada, zip, nothing this week. It's OK, though, I'm still plugging along. Not being able to exercise is bumming me out though, so I started just lifting some weights while sitting in my chair last night.

Dan - you go, man! Glad TO was successful.

OK, sorry so quick - gotta go!

jewljz
01-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Katie - what sign is your DH? Sagitarrius? That is so me!

Nicole - crafts with kids... do they do their own cleanup? I might be up for it if the cleanup is included...

Kim - I added you as a friend on FB... I think. I looked through a couple other's friend lists and thought that 'Kim' might be you... we'll see.

Amylou - I think this was in another thread but I can't keep them straight... I was the one that tasted the spinach in the shake, but I've been trying them LAWL friendly, so I'm only allowed 12 cherries with 8oz yogurt and I tried fitting 2cups of spinach to equal a serving, but could only get 1cup in the bullet... also, I didn't splurge on the splash of OJ. I have tried some other veggies with my shake, yesterday I added a small zucchini and didn't taste it and today I added 6 baby carrots and did not taste them! I'm doing this mostly as an experiment to see if I can get my DH and kids to try them... I don't usually have a problem getting my veggies in as I could eat just about any vegetable raw or cooked and love it! My family is another story.

And to all you race to 20ers - you guys are awesome!

Have a THRILLING thursday :)

cecil
01-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Ladies!

I love that we are all facebook friends I like being able to see your pics!

Julie is that you and your family in your profile pic?

Guess what kids I have a new goal to shoot for! We are going to Mexico in Feb. 02/21 through 2/28 to be exact! I am sooo pumped! WHOOOO!

No more -35 degrees! God I hate North Dakota! HA!

Nicole the Valentines sound like soo much fun!

Amy how does your DH like staying in a hotel? Does he just play a lot of Video games. God I think I would hate that?

Hi Katie!

Kim just keep plugging away you will see the results soon!

BarbaraB
01-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Kim, You just had a really big week last week. 7 pounds is huge for a week. I wish it came off in some orderly fashion, but it never seems too. Huge weeks followed by nothing.... frustrating, since the effort is more constant than that.

Cecil, What part of Mexico are you going to? How fun.

Katie, My DH seems to rotate hobbies, and he gets hugely excited about stuff. He is a super enthusiastic guy. Which can be a lot of fun, or hugely annoying depending on how you feel about the hobby du jour. During the golf phases, sometime I tire of my butt being the target for all his chipping of wiffle balls in the house. Although I thought I was pretty tolerant for only snapping at him when he started to get good at it.... I did feel really bad when I flicked that helicopter with my finger and flew across the room and hit the wall though, but he stopped flying it around me (it is cold and it is winter so I don't need the fanning).

cecil
01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
HA! Barbara That helicoptor story is FUNNY! HA! I can see myself doing that. Although I think DB knows better. HA!

Cancun, The Sands Resort! With my Girlfriend and her BF. YEAH! Sooo excited! We just booked the flight!

jewljz
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
yep, that's me and my family! kinda crazy that those 3 kids came out of me... they really look like their daddy!

Repo girl
01-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Barbara- Haha, that is awesome. That is what he gets for being annoying with the helicopter.

Julie- He is a Scorpio, so not far off!

Cecilia- Oh, Mexico, fun!!! Who are you going with?

Nicole- Oh, I wish we lived closer. I have 3 crystal blankets that have to be done by Saturday, and I have not even started them. Your crafts sound fun!!

cecil
01-15-2009, 05:23 PM
They are sooo cute! Adroable! Oh and your not sooo bad yourself! HA!

Me and my BF and my friend and he BF and two other couples that we don't really know. We are sharing a Villa. I have never been out of the country. So when we decided we were going I realized I needed my Birth Certificate and I don't have it and I was born in California no where near where I live so I have to order it and have it expedited and then I have to order my passport and have that expedidted. Talk about stressful! HA! But I am super excited!

JLem311
01-15-2009, 05:26 PM
hello all.
ok, so i haven't even seen this so-called physican's assistant and already i'm annoyed with her. i get a call an hour ago asking if i can come in today before 430pm because this lady may not be there tomorrow for my appointment. wtf? well, afternoons don't work for me, except on fridays because i have the kids and have to pick DD up from school.
but if i don't go now, then i don't know when i'll get in. ugh.
luckily fomer dh has the ability to work from home and his job is fairly understanding, so he's going to get DD, whilel i take DS with me to my appt in an hour.
i really hope this lady gets her stuff together for my appt next month. because it's my 28wk appt and i have my glucose test then.

anyways..that's my vent for the day. otherwise, DS hasn't napped for me in weeks and turns into a holy terror by the time 5pm rolls around. can't wait for him to come to the dr with me. :)

oh and DH is gonna be home tomorrow night instead of saturday night. :) yay! at least we'll have some sort of a weekend together, i hope.

jewljz
01-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Jillian - no one told you? You need tape and rope for naptime... it's fun, really ;-)

I'm really not mean to my kids... just sometimes you wish it was easier... and tape and rope would make it easier...

jewljz
01-15-2009, 05:39 PM
oh and Cecil - thanks for hitting on me ;-) I'll take all the compliments I can get! Funny that when I was younger (and thinner), I wouldn't take a compliment to save my life!

Heather5
01-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Going some place warm is definitely something to look forward to during the winter months. I think this is the most snow I have seen in a long time and I can't wait for it to all melt away!

Cecil-- Have you ever been to Cancun before? I have never been. My boyfriend's favorite place is Miami, so it is hard to get him to go anywhere else.

Kristinx-- I don't have a 45 minute commute, but I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning too! 5:30 is way too early, especially when it is cold and dark out. Good luck trying to stick with all real foods.

Nicole-- The crafts sound fun! I love doing crafty things too! The problem is finding the time to do them.

JerseyMadchen-- I got on the scale everyday to keep myself in check! If I go up, then I just watch my carbs and drink more water for the day. I know that I am not supposed to, but it keeps me on track. I hope that you get to move in with your husband soon!

Congrats to everyone that lost this week! Keep up the hard work!

Heather

Heather5
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Repo girl-- What are crystal blankets?

Repo girl
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Heather- They are blankets that we sew crystals into in the center and all four corners. We use them in Reiki and past life regressions. I have been buying satin fabric with the oriental type designs and sewing blanket satin around the edges or doing fleece ones for kids. My clients love them for kids who have nightmares.
Jillian- Funny how the Drs office always thinks that our time is so unimportant. GL with taking DS!

Julie- I have a set of twins that I watch that are 18 months old and holy terrors. The ONLY way to get them to take a nap is to let them fall asleep in their high chairs at lunch time and very carefully transfer them to their beds. Otherwise, forget it.

jewljz
01-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Katie - that's funny... as I was reading I was dreading that you might actually say that tape and rope were the only solutions! :)

My SIL has twins and a 6yo - her 6yo is a holy terror and we are so worried that these twins will end up the same way!

JLem311
01-15-2009, 09:14 PM
so my dr appt was ok. DS was actually good! (yes, i am shocked!)
but the lady i was seeing was running behind..like 3 people ahead of me behind..so that sucked. i got there at 4pm and didn't leave there until after 6pm. and the office is suppose to close at 5pm!
so everything is fine with me and the baby, but now i'm wearing a freakin' big black boot on my foot to help my toe. have you ever seen such a sight? a huge 6 month pregnant woman, limping with a black boot on her right foot. ha. it sucks, but it does make it feel better than my regular shoes. driving with it is a bit tricky, but i'll manage. the x-rays showed a pretty nasty break on my toe, so that's why they're making me wear this stupid boot thing. it should be fun to see if i end up falling down on the snow/ice with this thing, the traction on the bottom isn't great at all and trying to walk with it isn't too easy..as if i didn't have enough problems trying to walk with my huge tummy! :)

anyways..just thought i'd update everyone and vent yet again about my appt. gosh i can't wait until my regular dr comes back from maternity leave!!

julie--rope and tape would be amazing! except DS is only 3yrs old and would probably think we're playing a game..wait, that would be awesome then! no crying/screaming for help or thinking i'm being mean mommy! ha. j/k.

ok..gonna go and take a warm bath and relax. hope everyone has a good night.

BarbaraB
01-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Julie, Your SIL probably can't handle 3 terrors, so perhaps the twins will not be so bad. My DD does not look like me either, as my DH is half sicilian (looks kind of like Al Pacino and his friends call him Serpico) and she has his coloring.

I saw Jill posting on the WW link of this forum, Hi Jill you don't have to be on LAWL to talk to us... Really you don't. Many of us have branched out.

I'm still on a temporary flat belly diet tangent. I've been so hungry though. I thought 1600 calories was going to be plenty. I had the same sort of a white knuckling it through experience on gold plan... I can do it for awhile, but I know when it is only a matter of time before hungry wins with me. I figure I'll just see how long I can go. Besides midnight stomach growling, I'm doing OK though. I just drink a bunch of water and try to sleep so it will be morning when I can eat again.

Joni135
01-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Amy – I’ll reimburse you for the postage!! Too funny. Joni-I once won a knot-tying DVD at a white elephant gift exchange. If I still had it I'd send it on to DH. Heehe

KristinX – Some of us used to use slimfast low carb shakes OR high protein shakes (closest in carbs/proteins) vs the LAWL shakes. If I work out early in the morning (5 AM), I really don't like to eat beforehand, so I drink a 110 calorie EAS protein drink.

Kim - apparently am in the dreaded "week 2" (you TBL watchers should get the reference) So far I have lost nada, zip, nothing this week. – Can I borrow this excuse too? Speaking of Week 2 and TBL, I'm anxious to see how young Dan does week 3.

Jillian – well for all the headaches you’ve endured this week…hope you and hubby have a hassle-free weekend! And after you've waited for a doc for so long, don't you just want to send them a bill for YOUR time!???

Nicole – so, I’m getting a homemade valentine this year…??? You still have my address, right? HAHAHA

Katie - knowing you, you will be working full time in the clinic this time next year...just doing Reiki for cancer patients should keep you plenty busy...there is just too much cancer going around these days!

Grey's is about to end and I'm off to bed....

Kimphin
01-16-2009, 09:48 AM
The temp is -10! WTF? Apparently this is the coldest it has been in 4 years. Lovely.

Julie - That is me that you added on FB. I just haven't logged on yet this week - with my back feeling crappy, I only go upstairs to go to bed! I will log in sometime this week and accept you. And, you are absolutely killing me with the tape and rope thing.

Katie - the blankets sound pretty. My nephew has some wildly imaginitive dreams at night, I should mention that to SIL.

Jillian - sorry that the Dr took too long, that annoys me to no end! Be very careful with that boot on, we don't want you to fall. I'm so happy for you that DH is coming home early! Happy weekend!

Barbara - Oh, I know that's why I haven't lost yet this week, it's just such a pain. On top of that, I am absolutely freaking out that I can't workout, so I am just not very happy this week. The only good thing is that I am not going into the kitchen much, since its a pain in the back to walk there.

Have a good weekend all!

Kristinx
01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Well after the first day on the regular program I was terrified I would gain...I ate so much and I hate to say I didn't get it all quite in....1 starch and 1 fruit...but that's not too bad I guess...and I went down another half pound...I probably shouldn't weigh everyday..I need to pick some weigh in days...

Repo girl
01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Morning everyone! Man, am I glad that yesterday is over. Wednesday night my son started puking (on his birthday, poor kid), then yesterday morning my 7 y/o threw up at school all over her friend (we sent a big candy bar to school today for her as a peace offering) then my kindergartener started puking when she got home from school. In other words, yesterday was officially "The Day of the Puke". Today they are all fine. The only consulation was that watching my DH clean up vomit was about the funniest thing I have ever seen. Now I know why he always runs outside when someone pukes around here.

Tonight is my son's birthday party. Twelve 9 y/0 boys playing rock band and guitar hero. Dang. This is going to be insane. My DH has even agreed to set up club lighting for them. They will have fun, I am sure.

jewljz
01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Katie - the party sounds awesome! The puking... not so much. And I think sending a candy bar as a peace offering is so thoughtful! I would so love to have an imagination like yours!

So today for some reason I'm starving... so far I've packed everything I need in my bag and am adhering to the rules with the exception of 1/2 a protein, I was still hungry after my breakfast and so I went and got one serving of egg to help me. I feel better now. Its all in my head, its friday and I feel like munching. We always have snack foods for dinner on friday and so I've already started thinking about what we're getting - tonight the kids asked for McDonalds, but I won't get anything from there. My indulgence tonight is going to be a turkey burger, not one that I make from scratch, one that comes pre-cooked in the frozen section... I know its not as good as homemade, but that is why it is an indulgence. wish me luck!

Have a FANTASTIC Friday :) (I'm going to run out of adjectives for next week probably)

Kristinx
01-16-2009, 12:35 PM
My indulgence is going to be a veggie burger! I'm not sure if you guys have heard of M&M meat shops but they have these veggie burgers I love! The only veggie burger I have ever liked.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...my first weekend on program..it's gonna take some discipline!

JLem311
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd pop in and say hi. i got up at my usual 6am time, was thinking i'd shower and run a few errands..but i ended up taking a shower and then going back to bed until 10am. i just don't feel right today. my whole body hurts and i still have that weird headache over my right eye. (i know it's not my b/p because it was fine yesterday)..i guess the stress of these past few weeks have finally caught up with me. i'm just so tired. so getting a few extra hours of sleep in was good. i usually reserve fridays to run errands since i don't have the kids..but i just needed to rest today.

katie--sorry about all the puke. glad that the kids are feeling better today. good luck with the bday party tonight.

ok..i'm gonna go and try to be a bit productive. i'm gonna be making dh a cake for when he arrives home tonight..bad, i know! but he'll love it!

ok..i'll be back later. unless i crawl back into bed again this afternoon. ha. :)

Dan2112
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Morning all..

Not much to say today, so I'll just wish everyone a good weekend and hope that we all stay POP!!

Mama Nicole
01-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Katie......don't you just love the yacking chain reacting :) It always seems to happen to us when DH is out of town on business.

I was working on my taxes yesterday afternoon and evening.....and it seems as though having another baby in the house can pay off at tax time. I have to do more homework though, cuz I need to make sure it is not going to hurt DD too much if we claim them both this year.

Julie.......hang in there.....you will get through it. Go get a veggie tray from the grocery store on your lunch break and munch away. Here, they cost about 10 bucks for a premade jobie.....but you wouldn't think anything of spending 10 bucks at Olive Garden or something like that.

So, it is 10 degrees here again today......and I grew up in much colder temps, but I gotta tell ya.....St. Louis is not built for cold. My house has breezes rollling through it. It was only 58 in here when I woke up, and my heat was running all night long. I have to go build DS a fire in a sec....he is only 6 and offered to go get firewood from the backyard if I would make a fire..... :) Anyway, I don't know if my heater is going bad, but I really think my house is just really poorly insulated. My AC doesn't like to keep the house cool in the summer either.....so it only makes sense. That just sucks, cuz it's not like we can afford to re-do everything up in here........

Jillian......how long will DH be home for? Enjoy your time together this weekend. :)

Kristin.....good choice for your indulgence.

I have to think of one for today. I have had,um, 11 days POP......and my sclae is being so kind.....trying to encourage me to keep going. I hope everyone can hold onto this new hope and positive attitude for a long long time......until we all start to see some very real results. I tell ya......we surely are on an upswing :)
XOXO

jewljz
01-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Kristin - Subway has a veggie burger type patty that they make a sandwhich out of that is really good as well! You should try it sometime! I'll order it on wheat and then add lettuce, tomato, pickles, and lite mayo and to me it tastes just like a burger! Love it!

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Hey Guys!

Jillian- I feel the same about going back to bed. I had to get up early today to go into school for an appointment with my advisor. I literally dragged my butt out of bed. The exercise I have been doing all week is getting to me. I am ACHING!

Julie- good luck with your food choices… I am bad on weekends too. I get to see DH on weekends, and he likes going out. Ok, who am I kidding, I like going out to… no dishes to do! I agree with Nicole- do the veggie tray!

Nicole- I understand the heating issue. I am in a one bedroom (large) apartment and my utility bill has been over $300 these last two months. It’s poor insulation and gas heat. I called my landlord yesterday asking about it, making sure we’re not supposed to be splitting the bill with those upstairs… She’s going to have someone check out our heater. It’s forced hot air which I hate. I love old fashioned radiators. Oh, and congrats on almost 10 lbs!!! WAY TO GO!

Good luck with your taxes. DH and I are trying to figure out the best way to fill with us, having newly been married. I thought that got you a bigger deduction. I seem to remember someone on here being an accountant. BTW,not me anymore, I officially changed my major to HR Management.

Cecilia- enjoy your sushi tonight! Oh, and Mexico! My DH works from 1:30pm til about 2am everyday. When he gets back to his hotel room, he plays video games and plays around online, then goes to bed. It’s a HORRIBLE existence for him, we are TRYING to get him out of there.

Kristinx-Enjoy your veggie burger! I am having one for lunch on a salad from the Hungry Girl Cookbook.

Dan- congrats on your recent loss as well as your resistance to the Snickers!!!

Hello to Barbara, Amylou, Katie, Kimberly, Kim, Heather, Joni, Dawn, and everyone else! We need to get these pages up into the 20s again like in the old days!! Have a great day!!!

BarbaraB
01-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Nicole, 9.4 pounds! Wow. that is astounding the scale is being very nice to you. You're doing the taxes in January? How industrious. We usually end up paying, due to marriage penalty, so we put it off until April.

Katie, Sorry to hear about the day of puking. The b-day party sounds like a good time though.

Jillian, you should just take a slow day and rest up. Your body is growing a baby and healing a toe. That really is a lot. So cut yourself a break and just be OK taking it easy for a bit. I imagine your DH is going to love to see you with or without cake.

Kristin, You'll soon be an old pro at getting all your exchanges in. 4.4 pounds is a fantastic start in less than a week. Some people do like to get on the scale every day, and others find the small ups and downs make them crazy (I tend towards the crazy myself).

I had a bit more dinner than I should have last night, as I really should have put half the steak away for another meal, but I didn't do that. So I had my indulgence already. I have 2 weeks until my company winter party (our Christmas party just keeps getting later every year, to the point where calling it a holiday party is kind of silly, since what holiday is on January 30th?) Then my family is all coming to visit at the end of February, seeing as we missed getting together at Christmas. So I'd really, really like to have my skinny clothes fitting nicely by then.... as right now, even after being good for a couple of weeks, they are too tight.

Kristinx
01-16-2009, 02:36 PM
Jersey, congrats on changing your major! I think it's a great change...course I am an HR Manager so I am a bit biased! haha It's a fun career though, always expect the unexpected! If you ever have an HR question let me know

Julie- I have never seen such a thing at Subway! I will keep an eye out for it

JerseyMadchen
01-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Kristinx- Do you have your PHR? My husband is in HR as well, and yes, expect the unexpected. I am looking more to the management part of it. I would have changed to a mnaagement major, but there isn't much career wise without your MBA. I love being a manager and I know I am good at it, it's my calling!

The job market is huge for HR Generalists, so I need to get my PHR as son as I graduate.

bradleys mom
01-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Okay, I am SO trying to not get depressed, but OMGosh! I have gained 8 lbs since Tuesday! I know it is all from my body retaining water and being swollen from the surgery but dang, 8 lbs! I slipped a couple times the past couple days and had some intimate moments with a supreme pizza, but NO MORE! I was doing too good before this surgery to slip! (Encouraging myself, sorry you had to read all this! LOL)

Jersey Amy - We give the PHR and SPHR exams at my work! Come on down and visit and take your exam at my center! lol

Jillian - I also had an injured toe while I was pregnant. When i was 12 weeks along I cut my toe open on a broken bowl and had to have stitches. What a pain that was.

Nicole, You dear, are my inspiration this week! Go girl!!

Okay, I am bad at personals, but Hi everyone! I feel the need to nap, both of the kids have finally calmed down for the moment, so I am running with the chance! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

jewljz
01-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Thankss for pulling for me - I made it through the tough part... I only went over by 8oz of white bean and sundried tomato soup (about 120 calories).

OH... I forgot to tell you guys about my mystery shake this morning... I got this crazy idea to add pumpkin as the veggie in my shake this morning, so I mixed 1/2 cup with 8oz light vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup frozen mangos... it was not that good, it was like an unsweetened pumpkin pudding in a cup! won't try that veggie again.

everyone have a great weekend, keep up the momentum!

BarbaraB
01-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Ah Kimberly, that truly is horrible to have your body retain water and make you feel so bad. It will pass. Pizza is salty on top if it all.... So drink lots of water. Also I find green tea seems to help clear out any water retention as well as eating some asparagus. You know I'm feeling really water bloated if you see me drinking green tea with hot lemon and munching down on the asparagus....

Kristinx
01-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Kristinx- Do you have your PHR? My husband is in HR as well, and yes, expect the unexpected. I am looking more to the management part of it. I would have changed to a mnaagement major, but there isn't much career wise without your MBA. I love being a manager and I know I am good at it, it's my calling!

The job market is huge for HR Generalists, so I need to get my PHR as son as I graduate.

I have a CHRP (Certified Human Resources Professional) designation. I'm assuming that's the Canadian equivalent to the PHR. It's a national certification where we apply to get the certification and then have to write 2 exams, one being theory/knowledge and the other being a practical/experience exam. Pretty expensive process so I waited till I was at an employer who would pay for it all before I wrote it!

Do you have to have the PHR before working in HR or is it more of a "PHR is preferred" sort of thing? They are trying to make the CHRP a requirement in Canada, but so far it isn't...and I was able to get aan HR Management job without it with less than 2 years of experience in HR

Mama Nicole
01-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Barbara........I know.....it's wild.....I have rarely had two big WL weeks in a row. I think I needed it though.....cuz I was beginning to lose hope. Now, I just have to brace myself for a few weeks of no loss, or even a possible small gain. Luckily, I have been at this long enough to be prepared for this, and I wil do everything in my power to not lose hope :) I am low carbing right now, and I always show nice losses in the first few weeks. I am going to try and keep of LCing for 6 weeks. I have two weeks done, so, one more month and I can begin enjoying LAWL meals. Seems crazy to say, but you forget how yummy fruits and starches are until you taste them. When I get in a real funk, like I was over the last few months, a LC switch up really helps me to appreciate LAWL. Oh, and your DH stories were KILLING me. My DH's current hobby is sausage making......which would be just perfect for my low carb plan.....except he uses venison....and I just cannot stomach it. I wish I could...but I think there were too many years of seeing bambi, mouth gaping open, on top of the family wood paneled station wagon for me to ever eat venison.
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks, Kimberly :)

Repo girl
01-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Great job Nicole!! And I have similar experiences with venison. Bleck.

JLem311
01-16-2009, 07:31 PM
hello again. so i napped again today! good gosh this baby is sucking the life outta me! i even made a cake for DH, and straightened my hair so i look semi-decent. i don't know when he's arriving home, but it'll probably be late.

the kids are coming over tomorrow afternoon--julia and i are making lip balm (with this kit i got her for xmas) and jag is going to bring over this huge playdoh table/ activity center we got him for xmas that he hasn't busted into yet. so it should be a good afternoon.

kimberly, don't get down on yourself for the gain. surgeries totally mess with your body. when i had my galbladder out in 2003, right after i had my DD, i was puffy for awhile. give yourself a break and just keep with your eating plan and it'll work itself out. :)

Joni135
01-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Wow - I know why Jillian isn't around (hubbahubba), but where is everyone else?

NICOLE - great job on the loss. Take it and run with it.....Are you doing a specific plan or just keeping your carbs under a certain number?

Katie - how was the guitar hero/rock band party? I'm not sure I could handle something like that without (a) ear plugs or (b) alcohol???

Kimberly - sorry about your post surgery gain....but I'm sure glad you're on the Red Team (TBL Challenge)....LOL!!! just kidding. Come Week #3 you'll come back and be the team's biggest loser for the week.

Saturday I took an RPM (spin) class (which is about the only cardio I can do since I have a sore foot) and then I followed it up with my first ever water aerobics class which was pretty fun, but not sure it's for me. Then mid afternoon we had a pipe burst at home from the cold and what a frickin mess. All I was capable of doing was shutting off the main water valve. Plumber fixed the leak ($cha ching); then we had to have someone come and start working on all the water damage ($cha ching, $cha ching). Water was literally raining from the basement ceiling and the way the pipes were laid, it soaked carpet in my home office area (right about the leak) so that is all torn apart. Hello State Farm Insurance!! anyway...lots of body movement just trying to clean things up. YUCK. And we are days away from getting things back to normal!

On a pleasant note, I was still able to go see Celine Dion in concert last night...great show and I couldn't believe it but her son is 8 years old and Celine is the youngest of 14 children and her 81 year old mother has been going with her on her latest worldwide tour...

I'm hoping for some sort of loss next week since Week 2 was a bust (even though I exercised and journaled my calories and kept them at good levels). More protein next week and less carbs...that's my goal.

Mama Nicole
01-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow, noone posted at all yesterday. I hope you are all doing ok and staying OP. I have been good, but it has not been easy. Today will be a special challenge, as I am making sweetie buns for the family and for DH to bring to work tomorrow to go with the BBQ chicken we made last night. It is divine, and the buns..........I cannot even begin to explain. They are just sweet enough to make you think, "hmm, do these taste sweet, or is it just me?" And they make the perfect bun to a salty, spicy meat for the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Holy crap.....would you listen to me......I sound like I have some serious issues with food. :lol:. Anyway...I plan to stay strong, and only have the chicken.....no sweetie buns for this girl :)

Have a nice relaxing Sunday everyone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey Joni......guess we were posting at the same time :)

High protein is always a good idea :) My midwife told me she read a study where women ate almost half of their daily calories for breakfast and they managed to lose more weight and keep more weight off than those who didn't do that. Interesting, isn't it? I am currently doing the lazy guy's version of Atkins. I am just trying to keep my carbs super low......so me and meat have been spending a lot of time together. It gets old.....but after a coupld of weeks, I really do begin to eat to live instead of live to eat.......so that is good.

I did make the mistake of eating 6 sugar free Werther's candies yesterday....made me very sick to my stomach. They were pretty darn good though, and ALMOST worth it :)

So sorry about your water damage. It is good to hire someone to take care of that mess.....it can be dangerous (mold) to clean it yourself. We had a sewer back up a few years ago.......what a nightmare.

WTG staying on track all week. It feels good, doesn't it?

Ok, have to go punch down the dough (dang those sweetie buns).
XOXO

Dairy Fairy
01-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok, my husband is out of town. He WAS going to visit his uncle and cousin to play golf and just hang since his uncle's wife (aka AUNT) died on Christmas Day. It was just not feasible to do the memorial for her so I suggested MLK weekend instead so they would have more free time and get cheaper air fare. WELL...that suggestion truly was a God thing b/c the day he leaves his uncle is admitted to the hospital for not pooping. No biggie, RIGHT? His wife just died and the man drinks coffee and smokes. I figured he wasn't eating enough real food plus was dehydrated from coffee/cigs and that is why he wasn't pooping and all would be better soon and he's realize he needs to care for himself now that his wife isn't here to help. WRONG. They ended up having to open him up in surgery to find out what the obstructionw as and they discovered he has cancer masses on his liver, lung, pancreas, intestines, and in the lymphatic system. I guess this means he is terminally ill. That is what I would think were my hopes not clouding the situation. Anyway, I am glad my husband is there b/c the cousin is kind of bad socially and Erik is his only real FRIEND in the family...I don't know if he has the coping skills to deal with this alone.

On the flip side- MY KIDS ARE DRIVING ME NUTS. Hats off to you single mothers, because it blows knowing I can't even drive to the store for milk without carrying all 3 of them, plus my oldest plays dumb a lot if he doesn't want to do something, I think. It's aggravating! They are good kids, but I am glad my husband is usually here at night to help out. If my hubby goes to Malaysia for a few weeks with his job, I am gonna probably HAVE to leave here...visit family.

Diet Schmiet!

LizzyW
01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Well this week was a bomb. I didn't lose any weight. Even after a successful TO. And yesterday at a B-Day party, I didn't have any Ice Cream Cake. I was so proud of myself. I hope this week will be better.

Dan and the Kids have tomorrow off, but I have to work. I hope they have fun doing something, whether it be Wii play or something. You don't have to go somewhere to have fun.

Mama Nicole
01-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Mary......so sorry to hear about DH's uncle.........but I have to tell you...you crack me up, girl. I hear you about having DH away....for whatever reason. When will he come home now?

Liz......hang in there girl.......it will show next week for you.
XOXO