Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/188.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default My triumph

So I was working at the end of last week, I work in a nursing home & one of my residents asked me if I was pregnant! At first I was so upset & normally would have used that as an excuse to eat myself sick, but after I got over the initial embarrassment & sadness I realized that I shouldn't blame her! I am overweight & I do have a larger belly, granted not large enough to look pregnant, lol, but it is larger.

So I've taken that statement & I've turned it in to motivation. A few times this weekend I started getting a craving for junk food & remembered her comment, so instead of eating doritos like I wanted I had some celery & carrots with dip. Then instead of eating a chocolate bar, I had some chocolate rice cakes!

I know at first I was so upset by the statement but now I'm *almost* happy she said it because I have turned it into a good thing... I just wanted to share my triumph!!!
erynn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good job, honey!
You are not, and will not be the last person to have the comment made to them when they're not pregnant, and you're one of the few women I know who's been able to rise above it and know that you're working to make a difference! And to not let the other person's ignorance plummet you into despair!

You're an inspiration chica, keep up the good work!

P.S., those chocolate-covered rice cakes are epically good.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #3  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

That is so awesome! It is easy for us to just take something hurtful and automatically turn it into a food fest, that is really hard to actually use it to your advantage. Good for you!!! Keep up the great work.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Great job!! Awesome that you turned your hurt and anger to something good
Yelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0.5 inches

i think sometimes we all need that bit of a kick to lose weight or just to remember why we're doing it!

Good luck.
anastasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Good job!! When i get those kind of comments it brings me down and i just want to EAT !
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote