South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 05:27 AM   #1  
Determined to lose!

Default Monday's Madness Meeting!

Good Morning ladies! I was just browsing in the weekend thread and have to say, hearing of the successful starts to the program, and reading of their excitement really is helping me this morning to get back into my planning. When I plan I do awesome! I admit, for awhile there (December) it got hard to listen, I would think "you'll get over that feeling soon enough" or something to those effects. But I'm rethinking those nasty thoughts... It's great to hear the newcomer's excitement and help us keep perspective! (Confessions of a lazy planner!)

OK, so this am I paid three bills, load of laundry and vacuumed, now I have to shower and get ready for the day. Payroll day, and lots to do. I have got to get the glazier's benefit changes in this A.M. before even thinking about looking at payroll.

I was a lazy butt all weekend, spent the entire weekend watching movies on youtube. Now you know why there was so much to do this morning! But have any of you seen the movie Gracie's Choice? It's based on a true story about a 17 yr old girl who fights to get her sister and three brothers to stay together and ends up filing for adoption of the boys. If you haven't seen it, and like a great story line with a realistic happenings, this movie is for you!

OK, off to get ready, good morning, here's your coffee!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday morning, Lori, and thanks for the coffee. I was up at 4:30 thanks to a crying puppy but have not accomplished a darn thing except coffee and a hunt for spammers. I do like spam for breakfast but didn't get any today. (Both dogs are back asleep right now and I just may join them.)

I was out for dinner at Claire's last night - a great evening but I do feel the effect of a bit too much red wine. Some scrambled eggs with mushrooms will fix that.

Nothing essential on the calendar today so I need to make a list of some niggles that need doing and also schedule some appointments. I made Jazz's appointment for his "snip" the end of the month which was a priority. Disney is going to be evaluated for Therapeutic Paws mid-February and I need to get her better trained for leash walking before than. She has been doing therapy work unofficially but needs to get the stamp of approval. As an evaluator, I know she wouldn't pass at the moment because of pulling when on the leash.

So...on we go with another week of good stuff!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mumble, mumble. Monday morning. One down and another ready.

This past weekend was such an enjoyable one, although the weather and my eating wasn't stellar. Mondays are always an opportunity for a fresh new approach, though.

Cindy probably has lots for me to do before the girls get home from school, and Audrey has her last Cotillion for the season this evening, so it's looking like a busy day.

I'm going to get that second cup of coffee right now.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

yeah, with you Cottage. Anyone want some Red Eye Express I think even the name wakes me up

Lori - Do you know I've never been on youtube for exactly that reason! I definitely do not need another internet think to get addicted to Sounds like you found some interesting stuff. Have a good week!

Ruth - Luna was all about the scratching thing with the ball at 4 AM. Maybe I should send her to visit your dog. Why is it always Monday morning they want up early?

Cottage - Sounds like you and the family made the most of the snowy weekend

I'm still driving my friend so a shorter day in the office. I do have a meeting after lunch that I need to attend so she is going to bring a book. Then it's a yoga night. I really need it because I pulled the trampoline out Saturday and forgot to start slow. I've been feeling it since!

Hope it's an easy Monday for everyone!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I've had 2 mugs of expresso and still can't get with it!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Lori - I haven't gotten addicted to YouTube yet (except seeing O Holy Night by Celtic Woman over and over!), so don't say any more...I won't look, I won't look, I won't look....

Ruth- Yeah for Jazz (I say that when they're getting neutered!)! Yeah for Disney! Sounds like you have great dogs!

Cottage - I'm going for my second cup too. (and shhh....I ate a few too many dark chocolate covered raisins and peanuts!!!)

Cyndi - You're a great friend for her! Have a good day...

Me - well, we went and looked at that house...I LOVE IT. It's funny, it's the only house I wanted to look at (she had us look at two more I really wasn't interested in), and I LOVE IT. Very, very scary though. We're in Forbe's list for most recession proof towns (they did great through even the depression), so we should be okay here. It would be so nice to have a house we have pride in. Needless to say, I think my stomach is shaky enough without all the coffee I'm drinking!

UGH! Exciting and scary all at the same time! (we're going to look at it again today...)

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Friends!

Nothing exciting on my calendar today. DS goes to school this morning. I'm going to the grocery. Other than laundry and cleaning, which are on my schedule every day, the day should be uneventfuly. I was hoping for a walk this morning, but it's 28*. I don't think so!

Hope your day is warm and fabulous!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #8  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

its been a very long weekend and not in a good way. my new boxer puppy is very sick we are thinking puppy parvo since my sisters dog is the same way and they were together last weekend. actually mine has been sick longer so he seems worse...i'm up to feeding him pedialyte in a dropper every 15 minutes and egg or whatever we can make him eat. somehow i'm eating on plan just not enough...but i'm trying.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 147.5/142.5/122.5

Height: 5'2"

Morning everybody!

Today is Day 1 of Phase 2. I lost 5 pounds on Phase 1. Not bad considering I messed up Friday night (Ate a taco, the whole thing, instead of just the insides)followed by 3 or 4 cinnamon twists (lack of planning hurt me), this week is TOM, and I ate a late dinner last night.

I will be adding some berries to my yogurt today.

Have a great day!

Marissa
Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning, chickies! Sorry for all of the inactivity this weekend. I was just having too much fun! I'll have to catch up with the goings-on when I get to work.

Lori: I haven't seen that movie. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to see if it's on Netflix. What time do you wake up?! You get more done in the morning before work than I seem to in a day!!

Ruth: I'll be making a list of niggles as well. I have a lot I need to get done before the family visits in two weeks and I haven't started on a bit of it. Enjoy your day and I hope you get a nap!

Cottage: Enjoy your busy day! I'm on cup #1, but I can already tell that I'll need to take my travel mug to work if I hope to be personable.

Cyndi: I have to say that my mini-trampoline is one of my favorite workout tools. It's such a simple thing, but you feel it the next day if you go at it pretty hard! I hope you have a great day!

Twynn: Congrats on finding a potential house! It's such a great feeling, knowing that you've found something you can live in and thinking about all the potential therein! Keep us posted!

Chelby: Walking in 28* doesn't sound like a fun way to start the day! Maybe it will warm up for a walk later?

Me: As I said, the weekend was a blast. Jason and I just lazed around quite a bit, but we had a lot of fun doing that. There's not much else going on here. Just work, workout and dinner tonight. I have some laundry to put away after dinner and I'd love to get the bathroom cleaned, but we'll see if that happens. Two of our favorite tv shows come back on tonight, so I'll have to be sure and get up during commercials to get something done!

Well - off to change for work! Hope everyone has a wonderful, beach-y day!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210.6/198.6/160

Height: 5'8"

good morning well woke up to goto work..... and made it out of my driveway and turned around ~ i live in the country and we are having another blizzard so no work or school for the kids today ~ so just being lazy today well not totally, i will get on the treadmill later but just relaxing for now ! Spent the whole weekend butchering hogs so now my freezer is full of ground pork and pork roasts ! We are going to goto the locker sometime today or when the roads are cleared and see if they make a sausage seasoning mix w/no added sugar and then if they do make some pork sausage !

ok i'll quit rambling for now Hope everyone has a wonderful blessed day

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4life View Post
its been a very long weekend and not in a good way. my new boxer puppy is very sick we are thinking puppy parvo since my sisters dog is the same way and they were together last weekend. actually mine has been sick longer so he seems worse...i'm up to feeding him pedialyte in a dropper every 15 minutes and egg or whatever we can make him eat. somehow i'm eating on plan just not enough...but i'm trying.
oh no are you planning on taking him to the vet ? i hope he gets better soon !

Last edited by beachgal; 01-12-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, everybody! It's not sunny here, but I figured we could all do with a bright start to our week, even if it's just a smilie.

I'm back at work after the winter break. No major student invasions yet--first day of classes so there isn't much for them to seek help on. But I have a lot of paperwork to do and such, not to mention the need to organize my desk from the last semester's detritus.

Not a lot else going on. I'm trying to keep my exercise motivation high by adding some fun classes into the mix. A friend of mine who's pregnant is taking water aerobics with me for six weeks. It's a lot of fun! I'm hoping to take my first Zumba class with another friend (as long as she's over her horrid flu by then) on Tuesday. I've been wanting to take that forever and am so glad it's finally offered in my area!

me4life, I hope your puppy gets better very soon! Did he get his shots? I thought Parvo was one of the vaccines they get. Maybe he's too young to have them yet?

Ruth, glad Jazz is going in for the snip. It's SO easy for boys. Hope Disney gets certified soon. How do you stop the leash pulling? I use a halter (the kind made by Gentle Leader, not the kind made for small dogs) when I walk Angel, which helps a lot with pulling, but DH just uses the collar and leash and she pulls horribly with him. He doesn't seem to mind, but it undermines all I'm doing to keep her from pulling. He just doesn't like using the halter with her. Oy! I'd love help in trying to get her to stop with the pulling--especially when we're walking on ice. I fell three times last winter because she yanked the leash. Now I have the halter and a pair of yaktrax, so I feel much more secure.

Cottage, I hope your day has at least a moment of peace in it. You deserve it!

Last edited by beachgal; 01-12-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Monday!

Lori - I'm with you and the planning. Good luck getting all of your ducks in a row!

Ruth - Sorry to hear that the pup woke you up. I hope you're able to take a nap to catch up a little today. Have fun with the leash training!

Cottage - I'm sure you'll have no problem getting everything that you need to get done today. You're a master at that kind of stuff.

Cyndi - Working on the trampoline sounds like fun. Hopefully your yoga tonight will help to stretch things out tonight.

twynnb - So happy to hear that you found a house that you like. I hope everything goes well.

Chelby - Morning

me4life - I hope you're able to get your puppy feeling better.

bluelion - Great job on Phase 1!!! Keep up the good work! Enjoy those berries!

kim - Glad to hear you had such a relaxing time with your dh. Enjoy your evening with the TV.

Joni - Be careful with the fat content on the pork......it can be really high and not beachy.

Laurie - What's a zumba class? I'm going to have to look it up!

Me - OK.....so last week was a complete loss in regards to being OP. I plan really well when things are "normal", but when there's something different in the routine (i.e. dinner out with friends) I manage to chuck the whole plan out the window. AND to make matters worse, I'm not even planning to stay on program, I'm planning to sabotage. I really need to get my head back into the game. I need to stop making excuses and work harder. I know how to do this and how to make this program work for me, I'm just choosing other wise. I need a swift kick!!!!
Anyhow, it's very warm (low 80's) and the wind is blowing, it just doesn't seem like winter today. I might even be able to talk dh into going for a walk this evening. we'll see.
Have a wonderful day, ladies!!! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #14  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

hey, girls. i wish i had more time to chat with everyone but at the moment...

today is my first day alone with both kids...so far, so good.

Dh is home by 1, and then we have to clean out his office at the university and run to the supermarket for some supplies.

a little laundry has to be worked in at some point as well.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #15  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all! I posted last night on the weekend chat but my goal this week is to post to the daily thread, daily

This will be my 3rd time doing South Beach but I am jumping in at Phase 2 because I am currently nursing my youngest. Last time, I was also doing Phase 2 while nursing and got pregnant so I took time off the board again.

I will more than likely start before the weekend but I have a lot of planning to do before I go grocery shopping. I only have 1 week of a meal plan but I know I need 2 weeks and to get my regular family meal plan done as well.
Closed Thread