Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/253/209

Height: 6 Feet

Angry Here I am again - Need to lose 150 lbs.

Hello people,

I have tried to lose weight so many darn times and have given up each and every time,,, Now, I am back up plus more! My weight is 329 lbs. I am so bummed now. I feel bad when I see so many good looking woman with their nice clothes and boots, and hair all done up. I feel so down these days, because I do so well when I do watch what I eat, and lose weight and feel great and everything... But I am not giving up because I am hungry, I give up because I just like to eat. Plain and simple. But now the time has come that I have to try again, and not let my boredom eating happen anymore. I have plans to walk, and walk.... and walk some more... I plan to eat nothing but lean meats and veggies for 1 yr. and see what happens... I bet I WILL loose this blubber... i am not happy at all at this point. I asked my hubby for support, he likes junk food just as I do, but he is not fat, I am! So, he has agrees to allow me to remove any junk food in our house. So that if i dont have access, I wont eat it. I went out today and bought fresh veggies, and lean meats, no reds, just chicken and fish, although I hate fish, but I like tuna, so that is what i have... I am so angry with myself that I keep attempting to lose, and i quit and gain back plus a few more, I am tired of it!!! Does anyone think I can lose this 150 lbs. in 1 year if I do this? and walk my butt off almost everyday? Please help me, I am at the very end. I want to have people look at me because I look great, not because I am fat. any advise is welcome. Please....

Last edited by xbubloox; 01-11-2009 at 10:43 PM.
xbubloox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

"Don't do anything to lose weight that you aren't willing to do to keep it off."

Are you really willing to eat nothing but lean meat & vegetables... and NOTHING else for the rest of your life? Why torture yourself?

I'm assuming you want to take off 150 lbs and keep it off. So why does it need to happen so fast? How about focusing on making a positive change for good? Such as planning to take a walk each day. And then building onto it? Like drinking water instead of sodas or juices. One step, and then another.

And what would happen this time if you did eat some junk food? Would that be the end of it? Would it be "give-up" time?

No one on this site has never made a mistake. The maintainers themselves have made poor food choices. The difference is that they get up & get back to their healthy routine.

You CAN do this. You can change your habits and lose weight.

I just want you to be able to say, at the end of this year regardless of how much weight you take off, that you know you've made some great permanent changes. Changes that will lead you to losing all of the excess weight, and that will keep you healthy for the rest of your life.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
but lean meats and veggies for 1 yr
You will get bored quite quickly in 4 months. Trust me. That was me a year ago. I was so bored, I stopped. And you can have red meats. I had a beef stew today.

Have you considered Weight Watchers? I like weight watchers since I can still have some chips every now and again without feeling bad as long as I have the points and I watch my portion.

Also, my mom likes chicken and I like fish. She eats more chicken than I do. My mom has kept of 80 pounds.

You didn't pack 150 pounds on your body in a year. So, you need to realize you probably won't get it off in a year. Losing weight is both hard and simple. If you do it right, it is amazingly easy yet there are so many factors that make it hard. You have to be ready for this.

Losing weight is just like maintaining according to my mom. Are you prepared for that? To exercise and eat fish/veggies all your life. If you make small changes or substitutions to your food, you will come to love them. I LOVE wheat bread now. I never ate it before I turned 19.

You can do it. Just believe in yourself. We are here for you.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

xbubloox, you can do this. 150 pounds in one year is a lot. From what I have experienced and seen in others, the weight comes off quickly for sometime and then really slows. That being said, I know you can make it to a much healthier weight this year. I know what you mean about the women in their boots. You can be one too.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

*nevermind*

Last edited by cfmama; 01-11-2009 at 11:50 PM.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #6  

Angry I think what I am trying to do is Atkins....

I just want to stop all the sugar that I like... Usually a few night a week I like to eat 8-10 of those hershey nuggets... and I love to gulp down pepsi and nesquik... I love white bread and pasta... I am just trying to keep those out of my mouth...I know that I can fight hunger, or have something better... I just hate making the choice... that is why I choose to kick those things out of my house.. I know the weight wont just fall off... but I hope for it to be completed in atleast 2 years or so... I had a dream lastnight, that I was wearing a really nice dark grey skin tight short dress, turtle neck type... with long sleeves... and black pantie hose with some really cool knee high boots...and i looked amazing... I think something has snapped in my brain to STOP making excuses and just do it... I am wishing, and trying...Thanks girls!

Last edited by xbubloox; 01-11-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #7  
Hooping my Life Away

After a month or so, I stopped craving all the bad stuff like chocolate. After a month or two off pop, you won't stand the taste of it, trust me.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

I know exactly how you're feeling and what you are going through! My wedding is going to be towards the end of this year, and I want nothing more than to be thin in a wedding dress! However possible that may be, I know it isn't healthy. Furthermore, the quicker you lose the weight, the more likely you are to pack it right back on in the future. It's definitely about making life changes, so kudos to you for figuring that out. You can have some of the "fun" foods every once in awhile, just don't depend on them.

Congratulations on your choice to lose weight, and good luck on your journey! Have a blast!
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #9  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

back

maybe some sugar detox is right for you!!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

You can totally do this!

I can't say what will work for you but your story sounds a lot like mine so I will just tell you what is working for me - and I'm still a beginner (2 months into my plan) so I'm no pro but for what it's worth:

1. In the past I tried to apply will power and fix everything at once. I always wanted to lose all my weight immediately if not sooner.

1b This time around I started by making one change at a time. I started with learning to eat smaller portions, then moved away from processed foods, then moved to calorie counting. I'm convinced more than ever that weight loss, for the most part, comes down to simple math. Calories in vs calories out.

2. I used to try to restrict myself from "bad foods."

2b What I have found is that I can pretty much eat whatever I want as long as I eat a variety of foods, eat reasonable portions, and try to make sure to get some bulk for my calories. I used to think of bacon as a "bad food" and with the nitrates it's not the healthiest choice but it's also not bad calorie wise. There are 60 calories in 3 strips of the bacon I buy and it adds a lot of flavor. Whipped cream and berries is a decadent desert with a lot fewer calories than a small slice of pizza, etc.

3. Weighing myself everyday will make me neurotic.

3b. Weighing myself everyday monitors what my body is doing and motivates me to stay on target. When I see the scale go down it's hugely motivating - WOOHOO. And when it goes up it reminds me to get back on track. By weighing everyday I never see the scale jump even 5lbs (though with water and TOM that's possible) but usually if it goes up it's like a pound or so.

4. I used to think "I got myself into this mess, I can get myself out."

4b. Now I know that if I post here everyday people will cheer me on and kick my butt. Sometimes both at the same time. I would have given up a month ago if it wasn't for everyone's tickers and progress pics that make me believe I can do it!

5. I used to think I had to exercise in huge amounts to see progress.

5b Now I believe that while exercise is good for overall health it is not nearly as important as controlling calories in/calories out. Exercise helps because it either pushes me further toward losing or allows me to eat more calories in a day and still meet my goals.

6. I used to think counting calories was hard.

6B. Now I think it's annoying sometimes but really it's pretty simple. I use The Daily Plate to monitor everything and for the most part my calorie counting is as much a part of my life as showering and brushing my teeth.

Anyhow those are somethings I've found in my journey. What works for you may well vary - keep looking until you find a plan you like. I LOVE my plan and can honestly say I want to do this forever. This is the first time I can say that. I tried lots of stuff before and never liked it. I like this, a lot. Oh sure somedays I just want to pig out but overall I finally found something I enjoy.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

You can do this, just dont be too strict, because you probably wont be able to stick with just vegies and lean meat for very long I think you can lose quite a bit of weight in a year, but to do it healthy and keep it off, 150lbs might be a bit much. remember, its what you do most of the time that counts. good luck
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #12  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

To add to what HVEEK said (because apparently I haven't said enough, lol) I would say that for me losing 20lbs has made such a huge difference in my life that everything else is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe it would help you to start by focusing on losing the first 25 pounds - when you feel much lighter...when you experience life without 5 5lb sugar bags attatched to your body... I think you will feel so much better that it will be easier to stay on plan.

Also if you are having a hard time sticking to your plan after, say, a week, your plan is probably to hard for where you are.

Last edited by rodeogirl; 01-12-2009 at 12:45 AM.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #13  

Talking Thanks Alot!

You know what!? You guys rock! I have been reading carefully to what you are all saying to me, and I feel like I CAN do it! I will feel like giving up sometimes, but when I feel like I am just about to, I will read all your comments... I want to look better, feel better, and most of all, be healthy... I am so happy that I am a part of this site. Thank you all... Today I have finished Day 1 of this new leaf I have turned... I will have a nice big glass of water now. Hugs to you all!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Xblubloox I definitely think you can do it, especially with the support of your husband.

Please don't let "I want to do anything to lose weight" be your end goal, because when you lose weight, your life is not over. You have to live and maintain at your goal weight. Revise your goal to include what you will do after you have lost your weight. By thinking how you are going to do it for the rest of your life, you can come up with a plan for how to do it in the first place. Does that make sense?

One plan does not fit at all, but I agree with your idea on cutting back on sugar. After I started, I realized that my body reacts to sugar and white carby foods. When I eat it, I want more and more and more and more. Unlike one of the previous posters, I still love chocolate, but I have learned to eat it in moderation - ie single servings only, no packages in the house. Luckily whole grains and complex carbohydrates don't effect me the same way, so they continue to be a large, healthy part of my diet.

Next month will be my 4 year maintenance anniversary My life is completely different - how I eat, how I feel, how I shop, look, sleep, interact with people, etc etc. I still eat very mindfully, but I remind myself that when I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, the food might have tasted good, but I wasn't happy and I didn't like my body. Now that I eat carefully (but still foods I like! just different than before), I am a happy, healthy, slender person with a closet of size 6 clothes.

If someone had told me I would give up fast food forever, or sugary soda or most packaged baked goods, or scones, or muffins or loaded nachos or fries, I would have thought it was AWFUL, like prison. Instead, it has set me free. Food doesn't rule me anymore.

Good luck!

Last edited by Glory87; 01-12-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I would have thought it was AWFUL, like prison. Instead, it has set me free. Food doesn't rule me anymore.

Good luck!
I always love your posts. That is so true.