Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - just made the most wonderful salad

recidivist
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
1/4 cup canned salmon (90 calories)
1.5 oz avocado, finely chopped (75 calories)
1 small roma tomato chopped fine in food processor (15 calories)
1 gn onion, sliced (too small to count)
1-2 tbsp chili garlic sauce (too small to count) (or salsa)
1 cup celery (finely chopped in food processer) (19 calories)
5 small green pimento stuffed olives, sliced (25 calories)

I mixed it all up and ate it like salad along with a slice of ww bread wrapped around a piece of string cheese (165 calories)

Total meal 394 calories

I would have made it like an open-faced sandwich, because I need the liquids in the salad to get the dry bread down, but it would have been too messy and instead just took a bite of bread/cheese and salad at the same time. It was delicious, very filling, and contains a lot of good things you want in your diet. I'm hooked. It would also have made a wonderful wrap with a whole wheat wrap, sans cheese, for about the same calories.

I didn't know how all these flavors would go together, but I'm in love, and it was so quick to toss together (and inexpensive too). :carrot:

kelly315
01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
yum! I wish I was so innovative with salads.

delafax
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a great salad. I'll put that on my menu for next week after grocery shopping.

recidivist
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I forgot I was going to add some dill weed. You may want to try that, as salmon, green olives and dill weed are great together. One of my favorite meals is salmon in white sauce with green olives and dill weed over rice. Of course, I won't do the white sauce now.

Redneck Charger
01-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Sounds delicioius.. going to try it.. always out to try new salads.. Thank you for sharing...
;)