Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Snark your heart out ladies.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Si.

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 01:28 PM
It's all so clean and sparkly in here, that won't last.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Nope it won't :)

Looks like its just the three of us here today. Everyone else abandoned us.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Kim and Jaime gave their excuses and I don't think Vix can at work. Anna and Billie have no excuses for not entertaining me.

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm adding an ice cold orange to my meal plan today because I'm just that much of a rebel. It is quite delicious.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Man! what's wrong with me today? I am still freakin hungry. Damn jerome! It feels like there's a secret passage in my body which I don't know about where the food is landing after I eat. I am almost done with my daily intake of water...sipping last cup slowly as I still have 3 more hours to go.

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
You can have as much water as you want. Maybe try some hot tea?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd like to share with you all a quote from another thread. I refrained from posting there as the poster is a kind soul.
I just have to say that I LOVE your name. My oldest daughter's middle name is Josephine. So elegant and classic!

Yep I think elegant when I think Josephine ;)

ETA - I actually thought is said classy when I first read it which would have been even funnier.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I bring water from home and the water cooler here I don't trust. But I might have no choice and hit the water cooler...at least heating the water might kill germies. I have green tea and spiced tea both. Hmm...good idea thanks :)

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm dragging this name down in flames, aren't I?

It's kinda sad, right? I should never even be allowed to think of the word tw@@@@cle, much less use it all day long.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Not sad at all, funny, not sad. Luckily for me there are enough Heathers in the world to make me melt into the pack.

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Will I be able to visit the Palazzo Labia without giggling? I think not.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
:lol: I doubt if I would be able to hold my giggle. So giggle away ;)

pintobean
01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Random info for the day - water boils in 2 mins in the microwave. At least the one here at work.

onthetee
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Kim and Jaime gave their excuses and I don't think Vix can at work. Anna and Billie have no excuses for not entertaining me.

I was educating the leaders of tomorrow. And not letting one of them get Starbuck because the little a$$hat would not put down the bouncy ball at the check out.

Also, I have circle tonight, so it is my monthly cheat day. scale was downish this morning.

onthetee
01-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I am taking my new knitting project with me tonight, which will cut down on the munchies. See? so smart.

Manick
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
ETA - I actually thought is said classy when I first read it which would have been even funnier.

She's classy, aren't we all in the same class? *looks around for teacher* OH, she IS the teacher! *snort*

Will I be able to visit the Palazzo Labia without giggling? I think not. I am giggling right now!

I am taking my new knitting project with me tonight, which will cut down on the munchies. See? so smart.
That is a good reason to take up the needles right there!

Heather, the falafel of the city eagerly await you!

As for vegan tzatziki I'd try this recipe (http://www.theveggietable.com/recipes/sourcream.html) and add a grated cucumber (all water squeezed out!) and a couple more cloves of garlic and a bit of black pepper. (I would also put citric acid powder for stronger lemon flavor)

Frozen oatmeal was a huge success! I will post pics, somewhere.

onthetee
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
That is a good reason to take up the needles right there!

That is what my mom did. She decided no snacking in the evenings and created her "Knit not nibble" program!

onthetee
01-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Because you want to know every thought that passes through my head:

http://lifewithanna.blogspot.com/2009/01/church.html

chellez
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Looks like its just the three of us here today. Everyone else abandoned us.

I haz a wurk tewday

Thankfully that's almost over... I'll be glad to get this asset sheet off my desk for 3 days.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I hate people.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM

http://lifewithanna.blogspot.com/2009/01/church.html

I read. I'm not religious in the least and don't feel the call to go to services so I couldn't comment when I saw it earlier. Do what ye feel.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Back from lawyer. Things went well, I like the woman I saw.

Did you know you can write up a separation agreement in crayon on a napkin, have your husband sign it, and it will hold up? I mean, it's better if there's a notary hanging around, but it's not necessary.

Add that to Jo's automat and Anjuli's water boiling facts - we have ourselves a wealth of information around here today.

Manick
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM

I think you should go, at least twice. Community can be a powerful force for reinforcing and/or awakening your spirituality, I think humans crave it (whether they like people or not) I'm a big believer in following those inner promptings which you know are good for you.

Speaking of that, JEN, take the job IMO. You won't regret doing something you love and want to learn.

Edited to add...I find that inner stillness/connectedness thing, for lack of a better word, in singing, that's what keeps me going back (being a part of a tradition, something larger than myself which consumes me entirely when I am participating in it). Silence seems like a good path, a time honored path actually, and at the very least you'll have a quiet hour to sit and reflect or meditate with no one demanding anything from you which seems like a good thing to me.

Manick
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you know you can write up a separation agreement in crayon on a napkin, have your husband sign it, and it will hold up?

Yep, I did know that! Was hoping they'd suggest that and you could get it done before he is gone. Use guilt to your advantage, he must have some somewhere.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Yes, it is. Have fun tonight.

I haz a wurk tewday
Thankfully that's almost over... I'll be glad to get this asset sheet off my desk for 3 days.

Weekend is here. This work day is almost over. Hope you have a wonderful and stress free weekend.

I hate people.

Umm...did I miss something?

Did you know you can write up a separation agreement in crayon on a napkin, have your husband sign it, and it will hold up? I mean, it's better if there's a notary hanging around, but it's not necessary.

Add that to Jo's automat and Anjuli's water boiling facts - we have ourselves a wealth of information around here today.

Nope, I had no idea. I'm glad you had a successful meeting. I hope things get better from now on.

pintobean
01-09-2009, 04:05 PM
My ravenous hunger has weirdly vanished. I had a cup of green tea thats it. So thanks Jo :).

chellez
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Berry salad, diet coke and a little over an hour to go.

I just got the asset sheet off to the boss (who wanted it ASAP but won't look at it til Monday :mad:)

He threw some quotes on my desk... I'll probably do them at 4:30 since he's gone for the weekend.

No plans for tonight... well I fib. I need to hit the store for a refresh on my produce while the boys play WoW on the computers... Other than that I'll probably make more stuff for etsy.

I've debated since last night whether I'm going to close my account there and start my own site or just let it fizzle out. I'd hate to make all this stuff and just have it sit. Maybe I'll get lucky at craft shows this spring/summer?

I found a whole box of yarn and crochet needles from where I wanted to make a quilt ages ago... hmmm....

onthetee
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Chelle, you should see if they have some kind of "local artisans" fair where they keep a small number of vendors and don't draw sellers from all over the state.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Chelle, I'd say make new stuff and see if new stuff sells. See if you can generate new interest with updated products. Re-list some of the things that more people have viewed, don't relist the things that people aren't clicking on.

Re: spirituality and such - I agree, go a couple of times. I am still really interested in going to the UU here in Cville. A coworker wants to go too but we just haven't set up a date. Thought about doing it this weekend but am going to my dad's. I definitely desire both the community and to pay a little attention to the niggling feeling that I am denying myself something my not acknowledging some desire for a spiritual outlet in my life.

I have a busy 24 hours ahead of me -
draft separation agreement.
get L to agree to it.
call mom. talk to mom. (multi-hour affair.)
meet friend to see Milk at the theater.
go home. sleep.
wake up, go to WW meeting.
drag L to bank if he is willing sign - can get it notarized there.
take care of bank account separation while there.
meet friend, go to running store.
buy shoes.
go to dad's house.

This will all happen before noon tomorrow!

I'm better off keeping myself busy....

onthetee
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I have a busy 24 hours ahead of me -
draft separation agreement. cut and paste from Internet
get L to agree to it. threaten testicles
call mom. talk to mom. (multi-hour affair.) use headset and knit
meet friend to see Milk at the theater.envy
go home. sleep. i love sleep
wake up, go to WW meeting.wishing you a successful weigh in
drag L to bank if he is willing sign - can get it notarized there. yes, he is so compliant. super good luck
take care of bank account separation while there.
meet friend, go to running store.yay! still thinking about the March 5 k with Heather
buy shoes.
go to dad's house. have fun

This will all happen before noon tomorrow!

I'm better off keeping myself busy....

I will report on my small congregation UU experience.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Jen - a chance to follow your dreams doesn't happen all of the time. I say, go for it.
Jaime - a napkin, huh? Interesting.
Anna - my journaling has helped me realize that I am a very spiritual person and I've been neglecting that portion of my health. Now, to find a church I like. It's not easy as I tend to be more liberal than most Georgians.
Manick - Frozen oatmeal? Did you thaw it first or eat it like ice cream?

Hopefulpinkangel
01-09-2009, 05:17 PM

I'm glad it went well Jaime. Sounds like a busy day tomorrow. Good Luck at your WW meeting.

Anna-I have also felt a pull towards church recently. Let us know how it goes.

Ok so after all of the wonderful advice you all gave, I decided to go for it. I sent them a letter with my application letting them know that I'm very interested in the job. I really feel good about it. Thank you guys so much for your help. It's nice to have people :hug: I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

So my WW meeting went GREAT! I really enjoy the meetings, and enjoy the support. I lost 5.8 lbs since last week! A total of 7.5 lbs since I weighed myself for the challenge! Hubby and I have been trying lots of new recipes which helps. I've been really good at keeping track of my food and points. I'm also trying to convince hubby to get us an elliptical machine so that he and I can both workout together. Right now we have a treadmill in the garage so if we get an elliptical machine than we can both exercise together after Nathan goes to bed. ;D

Mrs Snark
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Ok so after all of the wonderful advice you all gave, I decided to go for it.

So my WW meeting went GREAT! I really enjoy the meetings, and enjoy the support. I lost 5.8 lbs since last week! A total of 7.5 lbs since I weighed myself for the challenge!

What a fabulous day, tons of success and good things! Yay for you! Congratulations on all the hard work, it is paying off!

Hopefulpinkangel
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks Jo I really feel good about it this time. I know that if I just track my points and do what I am supposed to do than it will work.

onthetee
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
So my WW meeting went GREAT! I really enjoy the meetings, and enjoy the support. I lost 5.8 lbs since last week! A total of 7.5 lbs since I weighed myself for the challenge!

Holy biscuits, girl! that is great!

river
01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I hate people.

:rofl:I say that almost every day!! To everyone. And I mean it. I'm nicer now that I have a dog though (not a lot, just a little)

suitejudyblueeyes
01-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Congrats Jen!

:celebrate:

:bravo:

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

onthetee
01-09-2009, 06:53 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRRRGH

Chris is getting pissy about the mortgage. "I don't know this company. I am going to read every line of the document. I just don't trust people. In this economy.....blahblahblah."

You SHOULD read everything at a closing anyway, but lose the "The world is out to get me" attitude.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Umm...did I miss something?

Just my sunny disposition. :p

meet friend to see Milk at the theater.

Also jealous. Thinking about going by myself.

A total of 7.5 lbs since I weighed myself for the challenge!
Rock it sister friend.

:rofl:I say that almost every day!! To everyone. And I mean it. I'm nicer now that I have a dog though (not a lot, just a little)
I'm only nicer to my dog ;)

but lose the "The world is out to get me" attitude.

Reason 545 friendboy and I are only friends.

Manick
01-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Frozen oatmeal? Did you thaw it first or eat it like ice cream?
http://images.plurk.com/935478_3842d3c4ce882470005b975071e5ea30.jpg

1)make steel cut oatmeal (my method is 3 cups water, 1 cup oats, pinch salt. Boil 5 min. Cover and remove from heat and let sit on stove overnight. In the AM add more water if needed and heat thru.)
2)freeze in silicone muffin pan
3)bag up for future eating and store in freezer
4)reheat in microwave 2 min on high, stir, add a bit more liquid and heat for 1 min more, stir
5)eat with healthy toppings of choice

Manick
01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
I lost 5.8 lbs since last week! A total of 7.5 lbs since I weighed myself for the challenge! That is excellent! :D

You SHOULD read everything at a closing anyway, but lose the "The world is out to get me" attitude.
Aaack! Hoping your logic will prevail.

river
01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for posting that Manick! Looks good and would make my morning easier.

vixjean
01-09-2009, 09:41 PM
JEN - CONGRATS ON THE LOSS GIRL!!!! You will be the next Jo in no time!

Damn you gals move quick on the treads. I am soooooo full right now and have ate myself stupid. I had an EXCELLENT WI this morning 159.8, which I haven't seen since sometime over the summer, which I am seriously proud of!!!!!!!!!

Is that maybe why I ate so much today. DO I WANT TO FAIL!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! NO! I wanna be HOT dammit! I at least want to fit in that damn light blue dress,,,,,,,,, seriously what is wrong with me.

I have to admit I think my biggest problem is not getting in enough calories in the morning. I wonder if I can make something cake/bread/muffin like in the morning, that I would actually eat, but would be around 100 (ish) calories -----THEN------- Not eat the rest of them that night.

HELP!

P.S. snarky snark snark, hopefully back with some personals later or tomorrow!
P.S. Again, who the **** is BILLIE?

zinkemomx2
01-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm Billie

Grandma had the kids today so I went to town and socialized with other adults. In person. It was grand. Had lunch out by myself. I got one of those silly pizza's from Subway and enjoyed every bite and made it fit in my calories with even a little room to spare.

Chellez - I know you are frustrated by the scale. I started doing a 10 day average and that has helped me immensely. Even if the scale is up one day I can still see the overall trend going down.

I think my next free Friday might be a trip to the movies for the matinee if anything good is playing. The last thing I saw in the theater was 3:10 to Yuma. I told DH we need to have a date soon but after his behavior tonight we are not going anywhere together any time in the near future.

vixjean
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Billie - I like your name, I've always known you as zinke.

ALL - note that I have met my second mini goal.... woot woot!

zinkemomx2
01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Congratulations, Vixjean!

Tomorrow, we are taking a road trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Any recommendations?On my list are steelcut oats,WW couscous and quinoa. Should I look into polenta mixes? I'd like to find some kind of mild curry. I'm used to yellow curries, but I'm open to try anything. I don't like anything hot except Paul.;)

Lately, I seemed to have gotten over my egg sensitivity and I've been enjoying a scrambled egg every once in a while. However, I had one yesterday morning and this morning and I've had an upset stomach for two nights in a row. I wonder if the type of egg can make a difference? This time, we bought a different brand.

wearingyourbaby
01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Fark.
Friendboy.

I can tell Vix is wearing off on you ladies.

WTG, Vix for meeting minigoal 2.

I've been off hammy for 3 days now. My lymphedema is REALLY bad in my foot and I'm covered in vaseline, as is all the crap around me. I'm pretty sure that I'd fly right off hammy at this rate.

I have one more hour of Hammy this (extended) week to reach my weekly walking goal. I generally walk 45 min so I should meet that goal by sunday.

I want pie.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Hmm I've used friendboy longer then I've known these lovely ladies! I have a long history of making up words!

I'm up at 4am with my guts punching me inside out. Period is about 5 days early and quite the surprise - do have an explanation for the reavenous hunger earlier in the week. I get horrid cramps for about the first 4 hours of my actual period so now I sit with my heating pad and an old Seinfeld episode. Bah.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Congrats Vix!

Rhonda-My friend has an egg sensitivity too and for her Egg Beaters don't mess with her as much as regular eggs. I have no idea why though.

Heather-Weird . . . I got mine this morning too,that makes my weight loss even greater in my mind. :) For me it doesn't explain hunger, but it does explain my b*tchy-ness though ;)

Well, I accomplished something huge for me yesterday . . . normally after a weigh in I think to myself, now I can cheat just for one day because one day won't matter right? For me one day DOES matter because that once day usually ends up being the whole weekend. So I came home from my meeting yesterday, talked to you ladies and stayed OP and even made a new recipe from the WW cookbook for dinner. I feel awesome today! Now that day is going to lead me into another great OP week, I just know it! :)

zinkemomx2
01-10-2009, 09:15 AM
I want cereal for breakfast. Not a serving of normal cereal mind you. I want a jumbo bowl of Post Selects Banana Nut whatever it is. I'm not going to though. Damn stuff is 240 calories a cup. I could easily eat 3-4 cups of it right now. Not gonna do it. I'm making my oatmeal with flax, diced apple, a few raisins and cinnamon.

I repeat. I'm. Not. Going. To. Eat. The. Cereal.

onthetee
01-10-2009, 09:34 AM
OK, husband rocks. Feb 6 will be 10 years of no smoking. He got me a gym membership! Hello, treadmill that does not pull my hamstrings......

Is he awesome or what? And now to find the time...For sure on Tuesday mornings when Meara is at school.

zinkemomx2
01-10-2009, 09:36 AM
How cool! We will make sure you get there ;)

Scratch the cinnamon. I added SF Davinci caramel syrup instead. It smells SO good but is still to hot to eat.

Mrs Snark
01-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Day 10 already, amazing.

Today's plan: Rest day, though I'm tempted to go biking with hubster.
Food: (light if not exercise)
Oatmeal, coffee with stevia
Faux hot dogs on Ezekiel, roasted broccoli
Banana with peanut butter
Boca burger, spaghetti squash, SB, nooch, roasted broccoli

Mrs Snark
01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Vix, congratulations on the fantastic weigh-in and reaching your mini-goal!!!

river
01-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Jo, could you tell me how you roast broccoli? What do you put on it first, how long at what temp? Your food plan sounds yummy.

I'm running today. Slept in for the first time in forever and I feel like CRAP now. Drinking java to try to revitalize. About to make a grocery list and surf around to see what I want to cook this weekend. I know baked salmon and seared scallops are on the list.

kittycat40
01-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Does being a royal evil wench today qualify me to snark with you guys?

suitejudyblueeyes
01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I had an EXCELLENT WI this morning ,,,,
Is that maybe why I ate so much today. DO I WANT TO FAIL!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! NO! I wanna be HOT dammit!

GRATZ!

and

Understand and empathize - I feel I have the same drive. Gorge after a good WI to undo it all. I am not doing that this week, and neither should you!!

I think my next free Friday might be a trip to the movies for the matinee if anything good is playing.

ooh, let us know how it goes. if i had gone to see Milk last night as planned I might have a recommendation, but alas, I missed it.

Tomorrow, we are taking a road trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Any recommendations?On my list are steelcut oats,WW couscous and quinoa. Should I look into polenta mixes?

what is a polenta mix? I just buy polenta (aka course corn meal) and do it up myself at home. It remains pretty bland, tastes best with cheese all over it :p But apparently tomato sauce works too - season it with basil and oregano at home.

I'm up at 4am with my guts punching me inside out. Period is about 5 days early and quite the surprise

Suck! but at least it explains the past week. Hate surprises like that.

Well, I accomplished something huge for me yesterday . . . normally after a weigh in I think to myself, now I can cheat just for one day because one day won't matter right?

Looks like this one is making the rounds! You, me, and vix are gonna stay strong post-WI from here on out, you hear?

OK, husband rocks.

That rocks my socks. Fantastic.

Day 10 already, amazing.

Amazing - and kind of unbelievable. 10 days is a lot....

Back from WW meeting. Lost 2.4 lbs! Add that to last week's 2.6 and I've lost 5lbs in two weeks! That is absolutely unheard of for me. (And, may I note, I pulled off 2.4 despite my ice cream and tortilla binge on Saturday.) Go me!

So I don't feel like plurking this (stupid 140 char rule) so I'll update here - L will not agree that he should take over a fair amount of his tuition debt from last January. We fought and fought about it. His reasons: It was a gift from me to him. (? wha?) He should be compensated somehow for the year of lost work he incurred by coming to the US instead of staying in Canada for the first year of our marriage. (? whaAaa?) He came down to the states in May 07 with $4k, and over the course of the past 2 years he has spent said $4k, and he blames that on me, so he thinks we're even. (??awiahfoihaa??)

WHATEVER.

I got sick of it and axed it. Then he said he might be willing to take part of the legal costs incurred in the divorce. Ok, Leo, how much? Half? Uh... he'll take half only if we find someone to divorce us for $300. WTF. He'd go higher if he gets a say in what lawyer we used. (NO, NO, and NO. He'll be in Brazil anyway.) Anyway, I got him to agree to $500 or half the legal fees, whatever is less. At least it's something.

This man needs to get the crap out of my house. I can't stand it. We called it off officially last night. We agreed not to try to "patch things" over the phone while he's in Brazil. At least we're on the same page now and he's not all mopey about me being realistic.

....ANYWAY.....

Didn't go see Milk last night as I was thrown off by the above BS and couldn't sit still. Am about to go to bank, get separation agreement notarized, then go get running shoes, then off to my dad's.......... where I will spend much time looking at my 401k options and knitting. Huzzah!

onthetee
01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Oh, Jaime. That is crap. Go back to your lawyer and see to what you are entitled. She may say that he has to pay, regardless and have an idea of how to get it from him in SA. He turned ugly in a hurry. **** weasel.

But your weigh in was good.

Last night was my one meal with no restrictions. Only 8 of the 12 of us were there, and of that 8 !3! brought spanokopita. That was my downfall. I had one small rum and coke, a quarter of a cream cheese brownie, some brie on crackers, a tostada with guac. No cake. Oh, and a teeny lentil burger.

But now that I have this gym membership.....I will be running tomorrow.

Mrs Snark
01-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Jaime -- you are AMAZING! How you could actually lose that much weight while going through this, well, simply WOW!!! Great job! I can't wait for you to get rid of him, he is such a BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Jo, could you tell me how you roast broccoli? What do you put on it first, how long at what temp? Your food plan sounds yummy.

Chop into reasonable sized stalks (the smaller the crisper it gets), spray with OO spray or toss lightly with OO, sprinkle with garlic or whatever seasonings you like then cook in oven at 400 degrees until it is as dark as you like. I like it really dark and crispified. Just 2 secs shy of burnt. Who am I kidding, I like it burnt.

Does being a royal evil wench today qualify me to snark with you guys?

Your snark has been road-tested, feel free to spew.

river
01-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks Jo, I'm adding broccoli to list.

Jaime, your blue team loss is amazing. You are my inspiration to work harder this week. Hope that ****** is out of your life soon.

zinkemomx2
01-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Jme - I think L should be shot. Congrats on the loss. That is awesome that you are doing so well under stress. Don't most women lose a ton of weight though going through a divorce? I know my mom did.

River - Have you tried the roasted green beans yet? Same directions as broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen. I prefer the frozen as I buy them on sale for $.88 a pound and can eat a whole bag at a time. Not bad for 140 calories plus whatever oil you use.

TMI ahead - I do NOT feel good today. I have been in the bathroom way to much and am now going to go lay on the couch for as long as the children will let me. There are going to be a lot of TV time today if they can't play nice together. So far they are doing well though. They finger painted and are now 'reading' stories to each other while snacking on cold cereal.

onthetee
01-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I have been having horrible hamstring pain, all they way up to my arse. Kind of like sciatica, but not. I stayed off the treadmill this week, thinking that the pulling instead of pushing off was the problem. I have stretched a couple times a day, which is not like me. I think I figured it out...

I have been sitting in a new spot to knit and compute. I think the sad-a$$, saggy cushions are the problem. I am going to find a new place to sit and see what happens.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi there. I caught up on some much needed rest today. I'm feeling anxious about some of my accounts, but I'm not signing onto the computer today.:)

WYB - Hope you get a hookup with Hammy this weekend.

Jen - Congrats on beating the weigh-in day cheat! :cb:

Jo - What is "nooch?" Sounds kinda kinky.

Kittycat40 -"royal evil wench?" Yep. Snarky=royal evil wench.

Jaime - Congrats on a great loss! Regarding 'L'....true colors are coming through. And, how long have you been basically supporting him? Jeeze Louise, this guy is spoiled absolutely rotten!

Anna - Congratulations on your gym membership! I see lovely muscle tone and weight loss in your future.

Heather and Billie - I'm so sorry that your mornings started off so roughly. I hope you start feeling better quickly and get to enjoy your weekend.

Yesterday, the crapola hit the fan on one of my accounts. Someone let the ball drop (not me!:D) and I spent the day putting out fires. Then, I had those Friday evening, winding down, tough week, let's splurge thoughts. This time, I beat them back! I'm getting stronger. Every little victory makes me that much more determined to do this this time.

kittycat40
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
less snarky now. more sweaty. better.
but give me about 5 mins. endorphins are fleeting.

taking ds7 to bday party. just in time for ds2 to have a massive temper tantrum. well. he did learn from a master...a snarkmaster..

zinkemomx2
01-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Jo - What is "nooch?" Sounds kinda kinky. nutritional yeast (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutritional_yeast)

kittycat40
01-10-2009, 02:35 PM
ok, i read thru most of the prior snark and i'm snarked to date.

this thread is snartastic, snarktabuuulous!
i have not snarkseen this thread before now.

I'm gonna hold my snarkomments until I'm certain snarky senoritas do not want me to snark-off. ----promise, no more snarkstuff. :)

Manick
01-10-2009, 03:48 PM
- L will not agree that he should take over a fair amount of his tuition debt from last January...
I got sick of it and axed it.

*sings* "I see your true colors shining thruuuuuuuuuuu....I see your true colors, that's why I'm done with Uuuuuuu"

Unbelievable...and yet not.

Fantastic job on taking care of yourself and excellent WI 2 weeks in a row!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Ladies I'm tired and gumpy and will catch up later. My house is an atrocious mess, dogs still need to be walked and I need to study. Loud music will be in effect in about 2 minutes. I'm not sure if I'm crabby because of lack of sleep, because of my period, or because I have my period and can use it as an excuse. Any way you slice it I'm operating on 1% patience today - GRR.

river
01-10-2009, 06:16 PM
River - Have you tried the roasted green beans yet? Same directions as broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen. I prefer the frozen as I buy them on sale for $.88 a pound and can eat a whole bag at a time. Not bad for 140 calories plus whatever oil you use.

TMI ahead - I do NOT feel good today. I have been in the bathroom way to much and am now going to go lay on the couch for as long as the children will let me. There are going to be a lot of TV time today if they can't play nice together. So far they are doing well though. They finger painted and are now 'reading' stories to each other while snacking on cold cereal.

No but I need to! I had good intentions of roasting the broc for dinner but was lightheaded from combo not enough calories on a run day, and couldn't cut anything. So had baked salmon and DH cut all the stuff for the lemon zucchini pasta I made. I did read a thread that had roasted veg ideas and they ALL sounded good. I have frzn beans now so I'll try this week. Thanks.

Sorry you are feeling so crappy.

Am I the only person here who HATES grocery shopping. I'm sure the way I'm feeling didn't help matters, but EVERYONE had their someones there. I mean there were families of 4 in the dairy aisle (multiple families) and it took me 3X as long to get my d*mn groceries. Only 25% of the people there are polite and the rest are rude!

pintobean
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
O Heather where art thou? :) I would like to give you a hug for teaching me the right way to cook tofu and well also since you're feeling crabby :hug: . I think its a combination of everything you listed. Feel better dear.

Tofu Veggie Stir Fry (http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/pintobean/) - Sorry it doesn't look pretty but it tastes good.

pintobean
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Evening ladies :D
Last night we had some friends over at our place. I cooked chicken fajitas and we played pictionary. I know I will never be an artist :lol: . I was little over my calorie limit but everything tasted so good. I did not gorge though.

It's been a busy day today. I woke up at 6 am and well have been up since then. I wasn't even hungry till about 11 am so had 1 Go Lean Kashi bar. We had some errands to run and then basically doing stuff around the house. I just finished cooking the tofu stuff. I'll be soon working on finalizing and prepping my breakfast and lunches for next week. Its dinner time now.

Jen, freakin awesome. Wow!!! I am so happy for you that you are enjoying the meetings and look at your success in just a week. Keep it going!!

Manick, thanks again girl. I will definitely make oatmeal this way. So convenient for me.

Vix, nothing is wrong with you. We all go thru days like these trust me. Maybe hanging the blue dress where you can see it every day might provide some extra motivation. Also I noticed when my breakfast calories were more than my lunch I was less hungry throughout the day.

Anna, congrats on getting the gym membership. That was very sweet of him. Hope your hamstring heals fast.

Jaime, I am SO pissed with L just reading your post. What a total a**? Can you just kick him out now? Sorry dear you have to go thru this sh**. I agree if you can go back to that lawyer maybe she has some clue as to how to make him pay his freakin share. Congrats on the WI. Fantastic :)

Billie, I hope you feel better :hug:

Rhonda, glad you're keeping the "lets splurge" thoughts FAR away. You rock!! Hope you had a successful grocery shopping trip

Me busy cooking fajitas last night :dizzy:. Pardon the mess

Manick
01-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Look at your tiny little behind! GIRL, you are getting there! WOW:cp:

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Is that maybe why I ate so much today. DO I WANT TO FAIL!?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!?! NO! I wanna be HOT dammit! I at least want to fit in that damn light blue dress,,,,,,,,, seriously what is wrong with me.

I don't pretend to understand this feeling but I do sympathize as I do the same thing. When you figure out how to overcome it please please please let me know.

Tomorrow, we are taking a road trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Any recommendations?On my list are steelcut oats,WW couscous and quinoa. Should I look into polenta mixes? I'd like to find some kind of mild curry. I'm used to yellow curries, but I'm open to try anything. I don't like anything hot except Paul.;)

Lately, I seemed to have gotten over my egg sensitivity and I've been enjoying a scrambled egg every once in a while. However, I had one yesterday morning and this morning and I've had an upset stomach for two nights in a row. I wonder if the type of egg can make a difference? This time, we bought a different brand.

What did you get? Just curious but if eggs bother you why don't you just give them up?

Well, I accomplished something huge for me yesterday . . . normally after a weigh in I think to myself, now I can cheat just for one day because one day won't matter right? For me one day DOES matter because that once day usually ends up being the whole weekend. So I came home from my meeting yesterday, talked to you ladies and stayed OP and even made a new recipe from the WW cookbook for dinner. I feel awesome today! Now that day is going to lead me into another great OP week, I just know it! :)

Gah another self-destructive behavior I can relate to. So proud of you for not doing it! :carrot:

I repeat. I'm. Not. Going. To. Eat. The. Cereal.

I hope you didn't and I hope you're feeling better today!

So I don't feel like plurking this (stupid 140 char rule) so I'll update here - L will not agree that he should take over a fair amount of his tuition debt from last January.

What a little sneaky mother ****er. I will imagine punching him in the face while I run today. I imagine you could probably run a marathon on that image. I'm so sorry he's being an ***. I honestly now believe you will be so much better without him.

I have been having horrible hamstring pain, all they way up to my arse. Kind of like sciatica, but not. I stayed off the treadmill this week, thinking that the pulling instead of pushing off was the problem. I have stretched a couple times a day, which is not like me. I think I figured it out...

I have been sitting in a new spot to knit and compute. I think the sad-a$$, saggy cushions are the problem. I am going to find a new place to sit and see what happens.

Who knew knitting was so strenuous?

Am I the only person here who HATES grocery shopping. I'm sure the way I'm feeling didn't help matters, but EVERYONE had their someones there. I mean there were families of 4 in the dairy aisle (multiple families) and it took me 3X as long to get my d*mn groceries. Only 25% of the people there are polite and the rest are rude!

I love grocery shopping! I however never ever go during the busy times or my lack of people love grows even stronger! Just judge what they have in their carts - this makes it more enjoyable for me :D.

O Heather where art thou? :) I would like to give you a hug for teaching me the right way to cook tofu and well also since you're feeling crabby :hug: . I think its a combination of everything you listed. Feel better dear.

Tofu Veggie Stir Fry (http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/pintobean/) - Sorry it doesn't look pretty but it tastes good.

Ohhh Iím so glad you liked it!! Iím having a tofu stir-fry tonight myself.

Okay funky mood over - thank god. I did have a beer last night but just one and had room in my calories. Today's plan - I have some work to do, I need to do my homework for class, trail run, walk the dogs, bathrooms didn't get cleaned yesterday and I need to run to Target. Weekends need to be three days long imo.

Menu -
Brekkie - Biscuits and Gravy - omg I've been craving so bad. I've not had a biscuit since going vegan and I'm super duper excited about it!

Lunch - enchilada leftovers

Dinner - Stir-fry, aka use up veggies before they go bad.

Mrs Snark
01-11-2009, 10:12 AM
G'day, sheilas!

It's Sunday, do you know where your calories are?

vixjean
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM
pinto - love the idea of hanging the blue dress somewhere, in fact, I am going to try it on now... Thanks for the tip!

Dress status - it's a size 8, my boobies are too big and makes the chest, and shoulders, and back all be to tight to wear. Stomach still shows but doesn't look pregnant... Cool there is some progress being made already. It is now hanging in my hallway. I will try it again in one month, on Feb 11 2009...

vixjean
01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Dress status - it's a size 8, my boobies are too big and makes the chest, and shoulders, and back all be to tight to wear. Stomach still shows but doesn't look pregnant... Cool there is some progress being made already. It is now hanging in my hallway. I will try it again in one month, on Feb 11 2009...

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
G'day, sheilas!

Yuppers. I'll end up around 1700-1800 which is fine since today is a run and walk day.

Biscuits and gravy were delicious! I just wish flour had fewer calories. I'll certainly be making the tempeh sausage again. It was way better then any faux meat product I've tried before and way less processed.

Heading out for my first trail run evah around 12:30 today. It's the trail for the first 5k of my 3 series. Wish me luck!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, senoritas, I just typed a nice long post and lost it! Argghhh.

Vix - How was the party?

Okay, brief synopsis. Trip to Whole Foods was good. Stocked up on plenty of staple items...ww cousous, quinoa, ww pastas, steelcut oats, etc.

The scales are up a smidge today. She sure is a fickle thing, isn't she? I might very well have been a bit dehydrated as I drank a lot of water yesterday. Question: Does drinking a lot of water ever make you feel a bit bloaty and queasey?

Crazy as it may sound, I will be working some today. I want to catch up on some of my accounts and make my week a little easier. Once you're behind, it's so very difficult to catch up. I plan on taking some early days this week to make up for it. No raise = no extra time from me!

Mrs Snark
01-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Heather, enjoy your trail run! I look forward to hearing about it! I'm sure you'll have a blast.

I just finished making my dh thai vegetable curry. For the curry-experienced, is there a way to make the sauce thicker? I swear the stuff he used to bring home from the take-out was thicker looking. Or maybe I just overloaded mine with veggies.

pintobean
01-11-2009, 01:13 PM
G'day, sheilas!

In my tummy :p . I had coffee and a light breakfast. Still no lunch yet. But will be soup and roll for me probably.

Afternoon everyone...
Woke up around 7:30ish. I finished cooking crack wheat w/ veggies for the week. I'm done with breakfast and lunches for next week. It's been a busy morning so far. I haven't showered yet...yeah stinky. Hubby is working on baking whole wheat bread and some rolls. So that should be done sometime soon. Bread smells so good.

We have to go to BB&B to return the pillows we bought yesterday. Some idiot had packed a wrong pillow in the box. So we ended up with a wrong pillow. I hate it when people do that.

How's it going so far with you ladies? :)

pintobean
01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
....I just finished making my dh thai vegetable curry. For the curry-experienced, is there a way to make the sauce thicker? I swear the stuff he used to bring home from the take-out was thicker looking. Or maybe I just overloaded mine with veggies.

I use corn starch sometimes. It has no flavor so mixes well. Mix some corn starch (tsp) with water (1 or 2 TB) and stir to blend well. Then add it to your stir fry or thai curry. Mix well. You will have to play with the ratio. I don't know how much curry you have so trial and error :) .

Here are couple resources
- #1 resource (http://www.foodsubs.com/Thicken.html)
- #2 Corn starch (http://www.foodsubs.com/ThickenStarch.html)

HTH :)

Mrs Snark
01-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Ahhh, cornstarch. Okay, I'll buy some next time I'm at the store and keep it around for this sort of thing. I hope it keeps well because you know how often I cook.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Heather- do you have a traders joe' s near you. I am told the soy chorizo is really good. It's on my list for the next time I go.

Rhonda, my scale number is very dependent on where I am in my cycle. Even if I am pounding water to get rid of retention TOM holds it in.

Jo, have you increased cals or stayed at loss range for a few extra and/or room for splurge?

kiddos and I just made a hand mixed cake. It's funny, b/c I was wishing flour didn't have so many calories too!

again, I woke up an evil wench but am calming down now. even on BC pills my PMS is in skyhigh range.

have a good sunday.

pintobean
01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
...Question: Does drinking a lot of water ever make you feel a bit bloaty and queasey? ...

Queasy could be if you drink empty stomach and just gulp it down instead of drinking it slowly. And bloaty if you ate too much salt. For me I don't feel bloated unless my salt intake was way higher than normal. Usually after Chinese food. I hope you're not looking for excuses for not drinking water :p

Edit: Also could be that you're not used to drinking this much water so some weird body reaction might be there. Just give it time. Remember start slow like a cup or 2 a day and then increase little bit next day.

zinkemomx2
01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Who knew knitting was so strenuous? I need to find a new way to hold my needles. My right hand gets crampy the way I am doing it now.

I love grocery shopping! I however never ever go during the busy times or my lack of people love grows even stronger! Just judge what they have in their carts - this makes it more enjoyable for me. I judge.

Ohhh I’m so glad you liked it!! I’m having a tofu stir-fry tonight myself. I have two packages I need to do something with. I'm scared though.

Question: Does drinking a lot of water ever make you feel a bit bloaty and queasy? Every now and then. Like Anj said, usually it goes hand in hand with other behaviors. Sort of a water logged feeling. Especially if I haven't had enough one day and try to hard in the evening to play catch up. But as long as I spread my water out all day long I'm usually good.

Ahhh, cornstarch. Okay, I'll buy some next time I'm at the store and keep it around for this sort of thing. I hope it keeps well because you know how often I cook.Airtight container and it should be fine at room temp forever. If all else fails and you get bored you can make slime out of it like the kids.

Heading out for my first trail run evah around 12:30 today. It's the trail for the first 5k of my 3 series. Wish me luck! I hope you are careful on the trail and that it is nicely groomed.

Calories right now are sitting around 950 but I still need to figure out what kinds of veggies I am having with my noodles at dinner. I need to go investigate the crisper drawer.

pintobean
01-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Jo, it does. I bought mine a while back and I rarely use it. Keep it in a cool dry place and you should be good. Mine sits in the cabinet in the kitchen.

onthetee
01-11-2009, 02:10 PM
There are no cool and dry places in FLA.

I love grocery shopping and especially judge those with kids. (Sorry, Billie, you would be shunned with the Little Debbies)

Going to the gym in an hour. Cannot decide between listening to podcasts or reading PEOPLE. I will try to run three. If not, I will make up the time difference on the elliptical.

Cals are in soup and enchiladas.

Church was AWESOME. No mention of god, creator, Jesus, or any of that. "Sermon" was the head of the Indiana Wildlife Federation.

I have square needles. My mom says they make all the difference for her. I have not tried round.

Will, Mr. Food Sensitivity, has something at the party last night that has made him wild, mouthy, quick to cry and hard to live with. Things are a little better after a Benadryl, but I was sure I would kill him on the way home this morning. After all the "peace, love and compassion" of hippie church, Chris and I both yelled at him on the way home.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Church was AWESOME. No mention of god, creator, Jesus, or any of that. "Sermon" was the head of the Indiana Wildlife Federation.

I am no fan of organized religion but I am would like to raise my children with some sort of spirituality. I have considered unitarian church but that's still a bit much for me. My best friend celebrates the equinox with her family. Your thing sounds pretty good. -glad you enjoyed it.

This seems like a good time to give a more complete intro. Some of you snarking chicks I have met on other threads. I live in NJ with my husband and 4 little boys 7, 5, 5, and 2.5. I work in a NYC hospital part time 2-3 days a week/ 3hr round trip commute. My husband is a perrenially suffering morose PIA, with small moments of delight. But I knew this when I married him. He is basically a good guy but what a giant PIA.

My friends tell me I can be funny so hopefully, I'll entertain you and I'll also say, have already been entertained by your quick witted posts.

Mrs Snark
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
There are no cool and dry places in FLA.

What she said.

Enjoy time at the gym, Anna, after Will I'm sure the respite will be friggin relief.

Kitty -- My calories are around the same, I seem to be stalling a bit right here, but I'm not willing to drop them yet. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I wasn't wanting to drop them in order to have the umph to do long runs, but with a knee injury as of yesterday and runs limited to under 6, I might go ahead and push them down a bit and see what happens. If I start eating my right arm I might reverse that very quickly.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
oh, and the cake sucked. forgot vanilla.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
If I start eating my right arm I might reverse that very quickly.

one fisted eating is definitely lower cal than 2.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Question: Does drinking a lot of water ever make you feel a bit bloaty and queasey?

Crazy as it may sound, I will be working some today. I want to catch up on some of my accounts and make my week a little easier. Once you're behind, it's so very difficult to catch up. I plan on taking some early days this week to make up for it. No raise = no extra time from me!

I really think it's just because you're not used to it. Please give it time and don't chug it!
I'm also working some today. Procrastination is by far one of my worst habits and I'm trying very hard to overcome it.

I just finished making my dh thai vegetable curry.

I read this 4 times before I was convinced that you said you just cooked.

Heather- do you have a traders joe' s near you. I am told the soy chorizo is really good. It's on my list for the next time I go.

I do and it is! It's got more of a hmm I guess tex-mex type of flavoring. I enjoy it with tacos, burritos, things like that. The one I made this morning had more of a traditional breakfast sausage taste. I used to hate Trader Joes due to the crowds but we've become good friends now that I've learned to not go on the weekends!

After all the "peace, love and compassion" of hippie church, Chris and I both yelled at him on the way home.

It's good to keep kids balanced you know?

I live in NJ with my husband and 4 little boys 7, 5, 5, and 2.5. I work in a NYC hospital part time 2-3 days a week/ 3hr round trip commute. My husband is a perrenially suffering morose PIA, with small moments of delight. But I knew this when I married him. He is basically a good guy but what a giant PIA.

Bloody ****. I'd either be an alcoholic or a rip-roaring ***** every day. Probably both.

Billie - Do not fear the tofu. The tofu is your friend.

Trail run done! I did 4 miles which in case you're wondering is indeed the furthest I've gone. I had to walk a bit as my hamstrings are pretty pist at me from yoga yesterday and screamed out loud a few times but overall still a decent pace (for me). Garmin tells me I burned about 600 calories which seems rediculously high but I like it. I still need to walk the dogs today but it'll be a bit later on and more of a stroll then a power walk.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Kittycat - what's your name? I probably missed it somewhere as I've seen you around the boards before.

Mrs Snark
01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Great run, Heather! That's awesome! What was the trail like? Hilly? packed dirt or grass, or what?

Color me as shocked as you about the cooking, but darling hubbie literally begged me. He's being so strong on his meal plan that I would do almost anything to help. It's not really cooking, anyway: cut up a bunch of veggies, throw in pot, stir in coconut milk and curry paste. Simmer for a while. Done. That right there is about the limit of my patience and skill in la cucina.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Kittycat - what's your name? I probably missed it somewhere as I've seen you around the boards before.

Funny you should ask. My name is Lucy. This is the first time I have ever put that out there.

When I joined this forum I found Jo on the 5 pound challenges. Keep in mind I am basically a Luddite so my understanding of internet forums is that they were filled with freaks and individuals who were incapable of relating to live in the flesh persons. But Jo seemed so dam normal and awesome. I had a hard time processing this.

Then I stayed true to 3fc and thereby my plan. I found all the wonders and wonderful peops that everyone here has found. But I feared being "discovered" as one of those internet weirdos. (being otherwise a weirdo is not a problem for me) So I never volunteered my REAL NAME. what a dork I am.

anyway, thanks for asking and I'm happy to tell you!! :)

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Trail run done! I did 4 miles which in case you're wondering is indeed the furthest I've gone. .

very impressive. I would break a bone or two if I tried that.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Some packed dirt, some wooden bridges over creeks and a little bit of asphalt. It's a really grey day here and of course there aren't trees with leaves right now so to be honest it was kinda dreary and depressing looking but I do think in the spring time I'd like it more. I probably wouldn't go to this particular trail again after the race on it. It's about 25min from my house and there are just too many others closer.

Glad hubby is sticking to the plan! If it requires more then opening a box and putting it in the microwave then you cooked ;)

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Keep in mind I am basically a Luddite so my understanding of internet forums is that they were filled with freaks and individuals who were incapable of relating to live in the flesh persons. But Jo seemed so dam normal and awesome. I had a hard time processing this.

Then I stayed true to 3fc and thereby my plan. I found all the wonders and wonderful peops that everyone here has found. But I feared being "discovered" as one of those internet weirdos. (being otherwise a weirdo is not a problem for me) So I never volunteered my REAL NAME. what a dork I am.

anyway, thanks for asking and I'm happy to tell you!! :)

What?!! I'm only on here for the freaks. :p I understand and that's why I won't post a picture on here! Well not until I can rock a bikini!!

zinkemomx2
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
(Sorry, Billie, you would be shunned with the Little Debbies) I judge myself on those LD's. I have a pan of brownies in the oven for his lunches next week. I am impressed lately that he hasn't been eating any of them at home in front of the kids.

Going to the gym in an hour. Cannot decide between listening to podcasts or reading PEOPLE. I will try to run three. If not, I will make up the time difference on the elliptical. Podcasts.

Church was AWESOME. No mention of god, creator, Jesus, or any of that. "Sermon" was the head of the Indiana Wildlife Federation. I wish I could convince DH to go with me. Even when he had weekends off though he wouldn't. I am convinced he is still mad at God for allowing his grandpa to die. Now DH works every weekend and I would have to drag the kids. Sigh.

I have square needles. My mom says they make all the difference for her. I have not tried round. I'm trying to figure out if I could even use square needles.

Sorry to hear W had something he shouldn't have. Poor kid.

I do and it is! It's got more of a hmm I guess tex-mex type of flavoring.

That reminds me I have to use mine up. Hmmm, tacos for dinner tomorrow maybe?

Bloody ****. I'd either be an alcoholic or a rip-roaring ***** every day. Probably both. I would jump off the Mack Bridge if I ever ended up pregnant again. One set of twins is enough for me.

Billie - Do not fear the tofu. The tofu is your friend. I've never had it so I have NO clue what to expect. Wanna come up and cook it for me?

Trail run done!
Go Heather Go!

I just made a batch of BB brownies. I cooked them in muffin pans to control portion sizes. They came out to 143 calories each. I'm shipping 1/3 to my friend in GA and the rest are going in the freezer for occasional treats.

Nothing else new here. Kids are driving me nuts and I am tired of playing trucks with DS.

onthetee
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Billie--good thinking on the brownies. It is M's birthday week...cupcakes for Tuesday at school, Wednesday is birthday. I have decided to go with pudding for the family party next weekend. Lots of too-tasty things about. And the square needles really feel good in my hands.

Rhonda--yes, when I chug. When I have water panic and down .5L while standing at the sink. Figure out your goals for the day and break it down into per hour segments. As for the water logged, it is similar to stubborn fat with cals too low. Your cells are not going to pass it out of the cell membrane until they know there is more coming in. It is all about the equilibrium.

Heather. OMG on your run! You are clearly a trail runner, not an urban runner. I want to come run with you.

Lucy--4 boys=Prozac. What kind of nurse?

Jo---wizard in the kitchen or a tiger in the bedroom. are you changing your, uh, stripes?

Jaime--we miss you! We hope you are OK.

Me--as forward as I was looking to the rhythm of the treadmill, I was either 1) slow as a glacier 2) dying. I did two miles, not in a row. My hamstrings are all knotty, and I am in the process of moving furniture around so that my sloth spot is not shrinking my leg muscles. I did 40 minutes total with the walking, but I did the last two minutes at 6.0 MPH vs. the 5.4 I normally do and the 5.0 I have been doing on the street.

zinkemomx2
01-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Billie--good thinking on the brownies. They are already in the freezer. :)

And the square needles really feel good in my hands. I think I might go hold them in the store and see how they feel.

Jaime--we miss you! We hope you are OK.I hope so, too.

Me--I did the last two minutes at 6.0 MPH vs. the 5.4 I normally do and the 5.0 I have been doing on the street. Run Anna Run.

For a while I was able to do 6.3 running. On average though I think I was doing 5.3-5.5. I think if I could convince myself to slow down just a bit more I could go longer. That is if my freaking foot ever heals. I cannot wait until the insurance cards get here.

Off to start dinner. DH is having his leftover burger. Kids are having either leftover chicken and veggies or grilled cheese. I'm making myself 2 servings of pasta with alfredo and veggies. The rest will be lunch tomorrow.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I am here, I am here! Internet at father's generally sucks. I am back home now. First thing I did after setting down my bag was strap on the new shoes and new bra (wow, was that overdue as well!) and take them out for a test spin.

.... Taking a month and a half off of running did NOT do me any favors. (Starting smoking again probably didn't either.) I could barely run 5mins at a time, and ended up walking the who second half of my 30 mins. HOWEVER - my boobs were wonderfully held in place, and my feet were happy. My shins don't hurt like they usually do after runs.

Stepmother on WW worked out well eating-wise while I was gone, ate healthiest there I ever have since she's watching her intake too. Had a really good long conversation with the father, which is rare, and was much appreciated. He is sorry I am going through the BS I am going through but is overall excited for me to be moving forward with my life, etc etc.

Aaaand..... we finally have the *official* word on an end date. The 19th (as originally planned). He'll fly from here to go visit Rhonda in Atlanta, then go visit Jo in Florida (well, he'll be in Miami), then down to Rio. Good riddance. Counting down the days.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
IHe'll fly from here to go visit Rhonda in Atlanta, then go visit Jo in Florida (well, he'll be in Miami), then down to Rio. Good riddance. Counting down the days. Oh good. I get first dibs....on kicking his a$$!

Jaime -I'm so glad you had a nice visit. And, I'm so glad you enjoyed the shoes and the new bras. I know the first day back to running was rough, but I think you'll get back in the groove quickly.

Thanks for all of the advice about the water. I will start keeping a glass on my desk and sip throughout the day. I'm convinced. My body does need this.

Well, I put a big dent in my work and I'm feeing much more relaxed this evening. I'm confident that I'll have plenty of time for exercise this week.:carrot:

zinkemomx2
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
If it wouldn't raise so much suspicion with DH, I would mark the day on my calender.

Glad the boobs, feet and shins are enjoying the new purchases. And that your dad is being supportive. That always helps.

kittycat40
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Ana?-- onthetee:

I am a midwife-- much like 3fc's beloved midwife

just cleaned up after dinner-- we had salmon, madras lentils, lettuce and cuke salad and grape tomatoes.-- on paper plates!

tomorrow I work so there's plenty of opp. to check in on the computer.

see you all then! :)

onthetee
01-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Good riddance. Counting down the days.
Regardless of the relief, I still find it sad that everything deteriorated the way it did for you. It would have been nice to at least feel like he gave it half a chance.

If it wouldn't raise so much suspicion with DH, I would mark the day on my calender.
1) why does husband look at YOUR calendar? 2) why would he be suspicious? "Jaime' s husband to mama" raises no eyebrows.

Ana?-- onthetee:

I am a midwife-- much like 3fc's beloved midwife

Awesome. I am a doula and had midwives for both my births.

I came to brag. First, I went to the gym. Obvious brag. The other is that there were doughnuts and muffins at the post-lecture gathering this morning. I split ONE donut hole with Meara. I have not grazed at all today. Though my meals were on the higher end of the calories/meal I would prefer, I still did totally awesome.

Knitting helps.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Billie - stir fry tonight (ugh and 5 more meals) only 303 cals per serving and chock full o' veggies and tofu! Come, leave the arctic north and get warm with some food!

Anna - You could probably run 6 miles while I did 4. I'm averaging about 12 minute miles. Told you I was slow! Way to go on passing up doughnuts. Despite growing up in Krispe Kreme country they were one thing I never really craved or binged on.

Jaime - You'll build back up in no time to running. I'm glad SM and Dad were cool and supportive. Glad the effer is leaving sooner rather then later.

I feel like I've gone non-stop the past two days and I'm getting ready to shut the puter down and become a vegetable for a while, maybe finish the dark knight. Calories came in lower then expected and I'm treating myself to a mini-clif bar. Thank god they finally came out with smaller ones - the big ones are too calorific.

onthetee
01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Anna - You could probably run 6 miles while I did 4. I'm averaging about 12 minute miles. Told you I was slow! Way to go on passing up doughnuts. Despite growing up in Krispe Kreme country they were one thing I never really craved or binged on.

Based on what I saw today, I have been dropping my MPH slowly. I was over 12 for the drumstick, but that was longer than I have ever run. I could not do six with the break I have taken. I think I will come back pretty quickly, but I could do six at 3.8 MPH.

And while I am on the slow train, the runner next to me at the gym was doing 4.8 and did not look like she was impaired runner girl in anyway. So I am not going to fret about time right now. I want to get to where I can do 4 on the treadmill without DYING of boredom, then worry about time.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Did good today . . . after yesterdays rough night. I really struggled last night with emotional eating, but I went to bed without eating dinner instead of making a bad decision. I know that eventually I have to learn other ways to deal with it, but to be honest, I was just happy I beat it. Beating it this time will make it easier to beat the next time.

vixjean
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM
I really like your quote Jen, =)~ It's very true.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Yawnnnn!! Good morning girls. Even though I could sleep a bit more I woke up without the alarm this morning which always makes my day start a bit better.

Today's menu:
Breakfast - coffee, biscuits and gravy
snack - banana
lunch - stirfry
snack - pecans
dinner- snobby joes and some fries

I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike. My legs don't want to run but I think I can handle a machine. I won't have time to workout Tuesday and would rather not take two days off right now.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Jaime -- I'm busy baking Exlax brownies for any unwelcome guests who may stop by. Only 8 more days! I can't wait for him to be gone from your house, I remember the emotional stress of still living together after deciding to call it quits and it was tremendous. When it happened to me, my ex spent several weeks telling me about all the hot chicks he was going to date and how, in detail, they were going to be soooo much better than me. I spent weeks wondering what the eff I'd ever seen in him. I just wanted him GONE.

Jen -- Great job, those super tough moments come along and really test us, skipping dinner instead of emotional eating is sometimes the best we can do! I've skipped meals, gone to bed early, left parties, drank water until I felt uncomfortably full -- all as strategies to avoid eating. Sometimes it's the best we can do! You live to fight another day. I hope today is easier, make sure to feed yourself a good breakfast so hunger doesn't sneak up on you late!

Anna -- most training miles should be run at as easy, much-slower-than-your fastest pace. That's what base building is and it is KEY to long term running performance. Most training books recommend at least a minute to a minute and a half slower than you'd try to run during a 5 or 10k race. I never, ever worry about running too slowly, it is running too fast (too early) that's the killer. Speed comes with time and lots and lots of good base. Later, when you have a solid base, you can add actual speedwork (fartleks and such) that will build upon all that excellent base.

Day 12! Today's plan:
Exercise: Going to get on the exercycle and see what the knee does
Food:
Bagel with PB, coffee with stevia
channa masala, added veggies, 1/2 pita
apple
Boca burger on ezekiel, bbq sauce, l t o, big salad

wearingyourbaby
01-12-2009, 08:23 AM
My goal this week is 3 1/2 hours on Hammy. I didn't quite make the 3 1/4 hours I wanted to do last week, but with my foot and the vaseline everywhere, I figured it be best for me to stay off him.

Oh, and I'm totally staying away from all the Cr*p I've been eating the last few days. Blah. I feel awful and floppy this time.

Classes start tonight. 3 days a week for me. I have to go shopping for school supplies and stuff.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Beating it this time will make it easier to beat the next time. Jen, that is so very true. Each success will make you stronger.

I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike. Go, Heather. Go Heather. :cheer3:

Exercise: Going to get on the exercycle and see what the knee does
How is the knee today?

Oh, and I'm totally staying away from all the Cr*p I've been eating the last few days. Blah. I feel awful and floppy this time.
Crappy eating will do that to you. Try to remember how you feel now when you're tempted to do this to yourself again.

I have tons of work to do this week, but no new audits. :carrot: Today and everyday this week, I'll be on the treadmill for an hour of cardio. I can't wait to see the stomach start deflating again. Walking always brings about this awesome side effect in addition to some great downward movement on the scales.

Have a great on-plan day.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Rhonda - Don't push yourself so hard this first week or you're going to get burnt out!

I think I'm going to read the McDougall plan book. I'm not sure yet if I want to give it a whirl since I don't know the finer details but I know he stresses whole foods which I pretty much do anyway. The library uptown has the cookbook and guide for women in, I think I'll walk over at lunch and check them out. Anybody know good/bad things about it?

Hopefulpinkangel
01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
Rhonda-I'm with Heather, don't push too hard, but do what you can!

I'm crabby because it's Monday and I hate Monday's. Plus now that I have the prospect of this new "dream" job I'm really have a case of the short timers attitude at my current job. That won't go well if I don't get the new job. :)

Jaime-Just in case he decides to come this way I will also prepare some sort of laxative dessert. ;) Way to go on the running!

pintobean
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Morning Chicas :)

Another week another day...I don't have much to say this morning. I've been OP so far so that's good. This week I'll start with the strength training part of the exercise. Still holding off on the cardio. Cubie is here so :( . I come in early just so I get 1 hour of peace.

Jaime, I am happy your talk with dad was a success. Did you ever talk with your mom? I know you were stressed about it. I agree with Billie, mark the end date on the calendar and cross out each day as it goes by nearing the end date. It's sad that it happened this way but I can't wait for the a** to leave. I wish he was a little considerate and reasonable towards you but I guess that would be asking way too much from him. Have you thought of what you'll do on the 19th after work? Happy hour with friends?

Rhonda, happy you will be working out but take it slow. I agree with the girls. Maybe start with 20-30 mins treadmill 3 times a week. Then each week add 5 to 10 mins to your workout. Then after few weeks add another day. The reason is you will get overwhelmed and quit soon after. Believe me excuses will start coming as you don't have 60 mins in a day etc...trust me. Plus with your busy schedule it will be easier to squeeze in 20 mins rather than 60 initially.

Jen, excellent you did not cave in. Keep it going :)

Jo, I hope your knee is better. Maybe put on a brace while doing exercise. It helps. But take it easy girl cuz you want to be fit for your trip.

Heather, tofu stir fry came out spicy. Highly recommend the chili pepper in sb oil :D . I haven't read McDougall plan book. Let me know if you like it.

Food Plan:
B - Tofu stir fry & coffee
L - Crack Wheat w/ veggies
S - Small Salad

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Good morning. I'm sitting on a stopped train. Argh. It was a train which would have already made me late for work!

Re:running speed-
I vary between 10.5min mile when I rock and 12-14 when I have a heavily loaded backpack or am running with weights.

Today is a get back on the horse day. I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.

Planning to run to work if this train ever gets to destination!

Looking forward to an op (dare I say it?) WEEK!

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Good morning. I'm sitting on a stopped train. Argh. It was a train which would have already made me late for work!

Re:running speed-
I vary between 10.5min mile when I rock and 12-14 when I have a heavily loaded backpack or am running with weights.

Today is a get back on the horse day. I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.

Looking forward to an op (dare I say it?) WEEK!

suitejudyblueeyes
01-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Later, when you have a solid base, you can add actual speedwork (fartleks and such) that will build upon all that excellent base.

Good advice on the runs. He he, you said fartlek.

I think I'm going to go to the gym after work today and do the elliptical or bike. My legs don't want to run but I think I can handle a machine. I won't have time to workout Tuesday and would rather not take two days off right now.

Work it! :running: I'll be over here on my couch cheering you on.

JToday and everyday this week, I'll be on the treadmill for an hour of cardio.

Now there's commitment - an hour a day?!? I think I might die. I'm thrilled with myself when I do 30 mins every other day. Be kind to yourself, Rhonda.

Plus now that I have the prospect of this new "dream" job I'm really have a case of the short timers attitude at my current job.

That's totally reasonable. I do that all the time with my current job - read about something I'd rather be doing, then get crabby here. It wears off eventually.

This week I'll start with the strength training part of the exercise. Still holding off on the cardio.
Did you ever talk with your mom?
Have you thought of what you'll do on the 19th after work?

What's your ST plan? I am trying to find a decent routine to add on my off days.

Yes, talked to mom, got a bunch of "now you know what I went through with your father" BS - this is nothing like my parents' divorce, and it's just my mom being a narcissist. Typical.

Actually I got the date wrong AGAIN. I am convinced he misspoke but he thinks I misheard. Anyway, he is leaving on the 20th. My friend from WI flies in on the 22nd so I will definitely get to go party it up.

I'm sitting on a stopped train.
I did chuck the lousy cake, so that's good.

I HATE stopped trains. If I wanted to sit motionless, I wouldn't be in a vehicle.

WTG ditching the cake. Lousy cake is lousy.

No run for me today, don't want to push it. This morning my knee feels a little too.... present. Like, I am aware of it. It is not swollen or painful or any of that stuff, but it's almost like every time I step someone tells me to focus on my knee. So I don't know if it's psychological worry over hurting myself again, or if it is a little tired from yesterday. Today will be yoga and/or strength work at home.

Don't have an eating plan for today - don't have a whole lot of food at home. Will concoct something, possibly a burrito dealie, for dinner. Salad for lunch. Muffin for breakfast. Hopefully the store next door has good, ripe pears again so I can procure one of those for snackies.

Is it foolish to hope for another 2+ lb loss this week, after two in a row??

chellez
01-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Tsk tsk. I deserve a *HUGE* spanking. I got down to menu planning then I had a forum meeting at 9 on aim so I didn't goto the store at all this weekend. I got up at 6 am to shut the alarm off when I should have gotten up and made lunches and snacks etc...

Starting off this week on a bad note, but good news is I didn't check the scale this morning. :p

I ended up having a PB sammich on the way to work and I'm finally drinking this 200 calorie starbucks energy thing to get it out of my fridge. Needless to say I shouldn't have ANY problems making it to 1400 today.

Duty calls *poof*

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I decided to go outdoors biking for exercise since it is overcast instead of riding the exercycle. My knee is.... meh. Not great, not terrible -- not too bothersome on the bike but I'll have to see how it goes on my next run. My back is still sore, too. Seems ridiculous that I did all this damage by stepping in a pothole in the yard.

Old age blows. I'd like to lodge a formal protest.

vixjean
01-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Chell - I have decided I need to wait a while to weigh in again.
I know I did a little damage this weekend, but scared to see how much. If I am good to myself all week I should have a nice weigh in by next monday. It is better for me to weigh in on Mondays because then I am accountable for the weekend as well. =)

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I decided to go outdoors biking for exercise since it is overcast instead of riding the exercycle. My knee is.... meh. Not great, not terrible -- not too bothersome on the bike but I'll have to see how it goes on my next run. My back is still sore, too. Seems ridiculous that I did all this damage by stepping in a pothole in the yard.

I totally get the age blows thing. And the pot hole thing. Last year just as I was starting to get a mindset change goin' on.... I was walking up stairs and totally broke my big toe by tripping UP :o the stairs! I feel it on rainy days :dizzy:

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Chellez, I just read Twilight. Can't wait to get the next installment!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Holy snack attacks today. So they do snacks in the evenings for when people are working late. Since us auditors aren't in the office much the HR chickie makes a bag full of snacks for us. I appreciate it I do but do not need a gallon sied ziploc bag full of snacks. Most of it wasn't vegan but that hasn't stopped me from eating the pretzels and PB crackers this morning. I can shift some stuff around at dinner tonight to make up for it but lack of control is thy name for a bit. I emailed her and told her while it's a very kind thing to prepare I just don't need it and most of it isn't vegan anyway. I cannot deal with getting a snack bag weekly!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Is this because you're late or do you normally run to work?

Tsk tsk. I deserve a *HUGE* spanking. I got down to menu planning then I had a forum meeting at 9 on aim so I didn't goto the store at all this weekend. I got up at 6 am to shut the alarm off when I should have gotten up and made lunches and snacks etc...
:club: do it today

He he, you said fartlek.

Is it foolish to hope for another 2+ lb loss this week, after two in a row??
I snicker everytime I see that word. I'm mature like that. Nah not foolish to hope as long as you don't get discouraged if not.

1 - You should've stopped aging at 28 as I plan on doing.
2 - I'm completely screwed if that's all it takes to harm yourself. I'm hoping I just will have supersteel bones from all my clumsiness.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 11:52 AM
But Jo seemed so dam normal <snip>

Another one fooled. Muhhahahahahahaha.

Lucy is a great name. Does your husband do the whole, "Oh Luuuuuuucy, I'm ho-ome!" ?

pintobean
01-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes...What's your ST plan? I am trying to find a decent routine to add on my off days....

I just sent you an email with the spreadsheet. Let me know what you think? :D

As for L, I'm counting the days with you till he leaves.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
So, I'm still torturing myself with the blood pressure monitor that we now own. I take my bp about 3 times a day and track it all. I have yet to have a reading in the "normal" range. My readings are all in the "prehypertensive" range, usually around 132/82.

But if I really focus, do deep breathing, visualize a boat sailing on smooth water, sit perfectly still, and practically levitate with calm energy I can get my bp to shoot up to 148/93 *rolling my eyes*.

onthetee
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
My readings are all in the "prehypertensive" range, usually around 132/82.

Always pee before you do your blood pressure. In fact do a before and after and see the difference. When I worked with search dogs, handlers could not go back into the pile after their breaks until their vitals were checked. Every time someone's BP was up, they would be sent to pee. When they came back, all was well. Miraculous.

Having a good day with food. Normal brekkie, chicken salad for lunch, fish for dinner. I may or may not get to the gym depending on when Chris gets back. He had a full to-do list for once.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Holy snack attacks today. So they do snacks in the evenings for when people are working late.

Where I used to work the "Fun Committee" would leave chocolate on our chairs for us. Mmmmmm, just what sedentary computer geeks need for more fun -- chocolate!

Always pee before you do your blood pressure.

OK, I will try this. The main problem is that I've always had white-coat syndrome and my body is conditioned to freak when I try and take my blood pressure (just like I freak at the doctor's office). If I just think about taking my blood pressure my pulse starts racing. I'm so defective.

pintobean
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
So, I'm still torturing myself with the blood pressure monitor that we now own. I take my bp about 3 times a day and track it all. I have yet to have a reading in the "normal" range. My readings are all in the "prehypertensive" range, usually around 132/82.

But if I really focus, do deep breathing, visualize a boat sailing on smooth water, sit perfectly still, and practically levitate with calm energy I can get my bp to shoot up to 148/93 *rolling my eyes*.

My readings go all over too and I used to check it several times a day. But I stopped. You're supposed to check BP around the same time every day to see a pattern. And to rest at least 3 - 4 hours after your workout to check it. Since you work out more rigourously than I do maybe wait longer. Or check it before you go for your run. Your Diastolic seems normal but systolic is a tad high in the first reading.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 12:27 PM
My readings go all over too and I used to check it several times a day. But I stopped. You're supposed to check BP around the same time every day to see a pattern. And to rest at least 3 - 4 hours after your workout to check it. Since you work out more rigourously than I do maybe wait longer. Or check it before you go for your run. Your Diastolic seems normal but systolic is a tad high.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I take it at the same time every day, about 3 times in a row (with about 15 minutes between each reading). The idea is for me to get used to taking it and hopefully watch it drop with each reading (right now it goes UP for each reading, lol). Since I work out in the morning I check it at night. I'm hoping eventually I'll get desensitized to the whole process.

The chart I have says "normal" range is systolic 90-119 AND diastolic 60-79.

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Another one fooled. Muhhahahahahahaha.

Lucy is a great name. Does your husband do the whole, "Oh Luuuuuuucy, I'm ho-ome!" ?

no he calls me boofy :D when he's really in love with me
or lu

i gave him a pretty bad rap but again- he is a pretty big pain in the ***.
his saving grace is that he is kind, good and has an incredible dark dry humor

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
And hopefully hung six ways to Sunday?

(just upping the amount of morning snark we having going here).

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Is this because you're late or do you normally run to work? yep, it's a good way to sqeeze it in

I snicker everytime I see that word. me too!I'm mature like that. Nah not foolish to hope as long as you don't get discouraged if not.

1 - You should've stopped aging at 28 as I plan on doing. my bad, i didn't either
2 - I'm completely screwedbut you managed to do a trail run!!! pretty cool if that's all it takes to harm yourself. I'm hoping I just will have supersteel bones from all my clumsiness.

here is an example of what I say to some of my patients " remember-- no rubber, no pu$$y". I run a teen clinic in Harlem :) they dig it :cool:

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
And hopefully hung six ways to Sunday?

(just upping the amount of morning snark we having going here).

lol! very satisfying in that way!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
LOL! My saying is "No laundry, jewelry, foot rub,etc...no nookie!:D

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Heather: which exact day do you turn 28 so I'll know when to celebrate and send you the strip-o-gram?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 01:14 PM
I think I'm going to read the McDougall plan book. I'm not sure yet if I want to give it a whirl since I don't know the finer details but I know he stresses whole foods which I pretty much do anyway. The library uptown has the cookbook and guide for women in, I think I'll walk over at lunch and check them out. Anybody know good/bad things about it?

Um yeah so no booze, caffeine, nuts, seeds or flour. Yeah this won't work for me. Sticking with the counting calories and enjoying my olive oil.

I'm crabby because it's Monday and I hate Monday's. Plus now that I have the prospect of this new "dream" job I'm really have a case of the short timers attitude at my current job. That won't go well if I don't get the new job. :)
lol I'm not even sure if I'll find a job elsewhere and be able to leave Charlotte and I already have short-timers too!

Where I used to work the "Fun Committee" would leave chocolate on our chairs for us. Mmmmmm, just what sedentary computer geeks need for more fun -- chocolate!

Yeah ours is called the fun committee also. I always get a Office Space/The Office flash when I get an email from them.

Heather: which exact day do you turn 28 so I'll know when to celebrate and send you the strip-o-gram?
Thursday. IT's the suck. Work all day and then class. I'm celebrating Friday with my girls. They'd probably appreciate the strip-o-gram waiting until then also.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
W00t, my dad Boston-qualified yesterday at the Disney Marathon! In fact, he beat the qualifying time for his age by more than 5 minutes. He ran the whole thing at an 8:54 pace. He's been training since March for this race and he says it went off with out a hitch. He's my running hero.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
In other news, I'm getting pretty psyched up for Italy.

Hotel in Venice on the Grand Canal that we are staying at (the white building, not the churchy looking one):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/we_r_siamese/venicehotel.jpg

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Your Dad is crazy fast. Congrats to him!
That'll be so pretty right over the canal. Don't drink too much wine and fall in though.

So went to the main library uptown instead of the one in my 'hood I usually go to. It's about a half-mile round trip from my office which in heels is the furthest I care to walk. I have to admit aside from needing a book to read and needing some fresh air I wanted to see if this guy I went out with a few times was working. I have no clue if he still works there or not but would not have minded bumping into him. He wasn't overly interesting or love worthy but let's just say his nickname was "Coke-can Charlie". Use your imagination.

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Coke-can Charlie! *snickers*

onthetee
01-12-2009, 02:20 PM
W00t, my dad Boston-qualified yesterday at the Disney Marathon! In fact, he beat the qualifying time for his age by more than 5 minutes. He ran the whole thing at an 8:54 pace. He's been training since March for this race and he says it went off with out a hitch. He's my running hero.

Holy biscuits, that is great. Maybe when I am his age....

Meara's birthday is Wednesday, and she also would like a strip-o-gram. Maybe something in a vegetable. :carrot:

suitejudyblueeyes
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Jo - Your dad rocks socks. And what a beautiful place for a hotel.

H - it's not the size of the beverage, it's what you can do with it that counts...

Anna - Can strippers emerge with dignity from something made from a vegetable? I see the next cakewreck in the making.

I am apparently on a potato thing. Had a potato for dinner Sat, lunch and dinner Sun, and just had another for lunch. Weird. Nothing else appealed to me. Is there any nutritional value in white potatoes? Something I might otherwise be low in?

Walked around at lunch and the knee spoke up, urging itself to be paid attention to. Will have to do a little more towards easing myself into using it again, apparently.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Eh he was a pretty lazy can. The size was all he had going for him.

I'm convinced white potatoes get a bad rap. See here (http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2548/2). Scroll down towards the bottom for complete nutritonal info. It's actually pretty high in certain vitamins and minerals.

zinkemomx2
01-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Preschool really interferes with my online life.

Today I dropped the kids off for school and then stopped at a friends house to drop something off for her. I am SO glad I did. She saved me a 40 mile round trip to the UPS place. Come to find out there is a place in town that handles UPS and they aren't listed on the the UPS site. I saved a whole hour and Kim's pressure cooker is on its way.

Then I went to the grocery store and saw they had Silk milk on sale this week. Score! Now to save calories so that I can have a glass a day. Yummy.

Scale is down again! It has been a WIN day here.

I'm not doing personals. Good thoughts and kicks in the groin where needed.

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Jo - Your dad rocks socks. And what a beautiful place for a hotel. ditto! My passport is almost due for renewal and I'm thinking there is no need! say it ain't so--

H - it's not the size of the beverage, it's what you can do with it that counts...my friend and her dh are (somewhat inappropriately) very open about the fact that his is small-- the motion of the ocean not the size of the waves... comes up in conversation... oh and is it weird that we all saw zach and miri make a porn together??

Anna - Can strippers emerge with dignity from something made from a vegetable? I see the next cakewreck in the making.
Anna, back to your being a doula-- do you doula at births or postpartum only? I know you have 2 children- how does that impact your schedule? I haven't cought any babies sine my twins were born b/c the hours were so hard. I miss birthing babies and am trying to figure out how to get back on the labor floor

I am apparently on a potato thing. Had a potato for dinner Sat, lunch and dinner Sun, and just had another for lunch. Weird. Nothing else appealed to me. Is there any nutritional value in white potatoes? Something I might otherwise be low in? fiber in the skin?? vit a, I think?

Walked around at lunch and the knee spoke up, urging itself to be paid attention to. Will have to do a little more towards easing myself into using it again, apparently.

hoping your knee recovers well and quick!

onthetee
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Right now I only doula for people I love, and all of them are done with babies! I have no interest in doing it as a business. Hospital births make me CRAZY. I am tired of my clients being bullied into things they don't want or made to feel guilty about their choices, which they have taken a lot of time to make and came from a place of evidence-based conclusion. All my friends are homebirthers, so those are the births I have done most recently.

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Right now I only doula for people I love, and all of them are done with babies! I have no interest in doing it as a business. Hospital births make me CRAZY. I am tired of my clients being bullied into things they don't want or made to feel guilty about their choices, which they have taken a lot of time to make and came from a place of evidence-based conclusion. All my friends are homebirthers, so those are the births I have done most recently.

before I became a midwife I witnessed something on a labor floor that was so disturbing it was almost like a rape was taking place.

onthetee
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
before I became a midwife I witnessed something on a labor floor that was so disturbing it was almost like a rape was taking place.

Not surprised. I have a friend who was an L&D nurse for 8 years. She told me some of the most horrible stories to prep me for what might happen. Once women are in the birthing bed, they are meat in some facilities.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Jo - I am in extreme envy...of both your Dad and your upcoming trip. One day, I shall run like the wind, too. And, stay in oh-so-romantic spots.

H - Coke can, huh? What a picture. No nuts *snicker*and no grains. What do they want you to eat? I get the feeling that the diet is not geared toward vegans?

Jaime - I love potatoes...with butter, sour cream, etc. Not sure how to work them into my plan without the "good" stuff. I bought a bag of little red potatoes. Not sure how to cook them, but they sounded really yummy to me at the grocery store.

I am so productive today that it's absolutely sickening.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
Actually it is a vegan diet ;)

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 05:06 PM
rhonda- there is a thread on 3fc about crash potatoes. find it and enjoy!

suitejudyblueeyes
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Yum little red potatoes! There is a recipe in the Food Talk forum here for "crash" baked potatoes - they are cooked, then smashed with herbs and such, then re-baked. The photos look GREAT. I can find the thread if you want.

Potatoes are just so easy. And tasty no matter what. My one last night had BBQ chicken on top; this afternoon's had broccoli and some cheese. I am apparently pretty Irish though in terms of lineage, so some of my potato worship might come from that.

H - I had NO idea a potato would give me over 100% of my vitamin C requirement! Craziness!! Why are potatoes so darn vilified?

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Actually it is a vegan diet ;)So...what exactly would you be able to eat on-plan? Not much, thus, the weight loss! :lol:

suitejudyblueeyes
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Heh, we are on the same potato-related wavelength.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
There is a recipe in the Food Talk forum here for "crash" baked potatoes
Yum! I'm on my way over to the Food Talk Forum. ttyl.

onthetee
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
H - I had NO idea a potato would give me over 100% of my vitamin C requirement! Craziness!! Why are potatoes so darn vilified?

Because they are freaking nasty. :barf:

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 05:28 PM

:lol:

ok, I 'm running back to station now. I smell like flowers ;)

onthetee
01-12-2009, 07:07 PM
great day foodwise, especially since I had to ditch my plans since Chris was not home. wonder how I will screw that up between now and bedtime...

downside is no spouse, no trip to gym.

Kitty--Meara asks when I come in from my runs, "Are you all stink?"

Mrs Snark
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I am watching Season One of Oz right now (another Christmas giftie). What a cheerful uplifting show: I'm filled with hope and love for my fellow travelers!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 07:52 PM

So wise in so many things yet so wrong with the potatoes.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Bah and Bah.
Bought some granola cereal out of the bulk bins on Saturday. I made sure to write down the nutrional information. I also apparently made sure to toss the paper on which this was written. GRRR.

Lunch tomorrow is catered for a "lunch n learn" so can't do exact calories.

This is all seriously messing with my anal retentive calorie counting nature.

zinkemomx2
01-12-2009, 09:22 PM
My goal has been to average 1800 calories. Right now I am about 1850. Must have a few lower calorie days to bring that down.

Scale was down a little more this morning. :)

Kim - I'll email you tracking information since plurk is down.

I think Anna must be defective if she doesn't like potatoes and beans. What a shame. She is such a nice girl.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I am watching Season One of Oz right now (another Christmas giftie). What a cheerful uplifting show: I'm filled with hope and love for my fellow travelers!I love Oz. Tonight, I'll be watching another uplifting show...24.

No exercise for me today. I'm fighting a headache. I ran out of my hormones and keep forgetting to get them refilled. Is it any wonder that I'm having headaches? Someone, remind me tomorrow to call the pharmacy, please.

Tomorrow, I must get on the treadmill whether I have a headache or not. The scales are starting to slow down and that is just not acceptable. I understand what everyone is saying about taking it slow, but I guess I just don't know how to do that. It seems strange to me. So, I will do an hour, but I will do a moderate walk with no wogging. Hopefully, a few days of this will bring a scale reward.

zinkemomx2
01-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Whohoo Rhonda. That was your 4000th post.

Don't forget to call the pharmacy tomorrow.

kittycat40
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
done eating for the day.
I love oz too. seriously disturbing.

if nothing else goes into my mouth other than the hot tea I am preparing....I'm calling this a POP day!

Anna, how old is Meara?

onthetee
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
I think Anna must be defective if she doesn't like potatoes and beans. What a shame. She is such a nice girl.

Texture eater. They both are grainy. I am working on it. Lentils were a huge jump for me.

Anna, how old is Meara?

She will be four on Wednesday.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
what in the world is going on over in plurkland? I barely got a word in edgewise before it poofed again.

Apartment was 150% fan-freaking-tastic, I will happily go into temporary debt to live there. Wonderful, wonderful little place, I am in love. The landlord doesn't do applications, but wants to chat on the phone (they are in northern va at the mo) to see if I 'work.' whatever that means. So that happens tomorrow, and if I pass their screening test, I get the place! WOO!

Today involved reese's pieces, and any day that involved RP cannot be counted as an OP day, despite staying within points. Junk food is not in my plan. Tomorrow will be truly OP, I promise. I will even get exercise!

zinkemomx2
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Texture eater. They both are grainy. I am working on it. Lentils were a huge jump for me.

I couldn't eat pineapple for 30 years for the same reason. I'm finally over it and now think it rocks. Still can't do cottage cheese unless it is cooked or pureed even if I wanted to.

Plurk is the suck tonight.

zinkemomx2
01-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Jaime - I hope you 'work.'

Fat Chick B Gone
01-13-2009, 06:41 AM
Jamie I'm sure you'll pass their odd interview with flying colors.

I'm tired today and I'm a little um backed up. This isn't a pleasant fealing and there's not one single logical reason for it. My scales are also up again, no logical reason for that either. Fiber - check, water - check, physical activity - check, weird *** body - check.

Anyway no work-out today other then a quickie walk with the dogs before class.

Menu -
break - coffee, granola and almond milk
snack - mini clif bar
lunch - mixed greens salad with roasted peppers and pine nuts
snack - Honeycrisp apple - woo hoo finally trying them
dinner - sghetti

Mrs Snark
01-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Morning!

Jaime, I've got my fingers crossed for you that they can recognize over the phone how awesome you are. I'm sure they will and you'll get the place, how fantastic that you love it!

Heather, I hope things get moving for you, I hate that feeling. Enjoy that Honeycrisp apple, I just love those suckers.

Lucy, Congrats on POP!

Billie, I'm glad the scales went down a little further today! Whoo hoo!

Today's plan:

Exercise: Rest day for the knee, I'll be running tomorrow to see how it feels on a shorter run ~4-5 miles.

Food: Need to go consult the cabinet/fridge, but a peanut butter ban went into effect last night so I can tell you there will be no PB today. The scale went down for me this morning back under 140 (but just barely, 139.8), but my weight has trended UP for the last 4 weeks. Bah. BAH I say.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Good morning. OP Day #13 for me and feeling good!

Texture eater. I still can't do the meatloaf. Mushy, yucky, ick.

Apartment was 150% fan-freaking-tastic,The landlord ...wants to chat on the phone... to see if I 'work.' She will love you. How could she not?

I'm tired today and I'm a little um backed up. Uh oh. This would explain the upward movement on the scales. Hope everything...uhm..comes out okay in the end?

but a peanut butter ban went into effect last night so I can tell you there will be no PB today. I enjoyed an apple with PB yesterday and was thinking it was the most delicious sweet apple ever. Then, I find out that Paul let the youngest pick Honey roasted PB at WW! Argggh.

Today, I will get on the treadmill for at least 30 mins! No excuses accepted. This stomach has got to to away. It's interfering in my life.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Jaime-They are going to love you!! I'll keep my fingers crossed just in case.

Heather-I'm the same way . . . I hate not being in control. Good luck tomorrow and just do your best.

Lucy-Way to go!! Being POP is awesome!!

It's Day #12 OP. :D Eating my weight control oatmeal with bananas and a little skim milk right now. Having left over spaghetti for lunch with the whole wheat garlic toast I made last night.

It's killing me waiting to hear back from this other job! I will need to guys if I don't get this job because I just know it will try to send me in an eating badly frenzy and I do not want that to happen.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
It's killing me waiting to hear back from this other job! I will need to guys if I don't get this job because I just know it will try to send me in an eating badly frenzy and I do not want that to happen.
That negative thinking is what led me to be 44 years old and 230 pounds. We all need to make a decision to control our lives and not let our lives control us. I think you will get the job. But, if for some crazy reason you don't, I know that you can handle that with grace and control.

pintobean
01-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Morning girls :)

I did my strength training workout yesterday. Took me an hour to do all the exercises and stretches after that. The only place hurting today is my upper chest. Dinner was OP which is always good. I still don't know what's wrong with our sleep schedule. It hasn't been right since the DST if I remember it correctly. I am not getting enough quality sleep. :cry:

Oh I started using real sugar for coffee since yesterday. Since I drink only 1 16-20oz cup in the morning I figured I'd give it a try. As long as I account for the sugar calories it should be all good. I'll try it for few weeks and see if I notice any changes. I still use Davinci SF french vanilla syrup in coffee so I'm not completely off artificial sweetner but taking baby steps. Any thoughts?

Jaime, I hope you get the apartment. Good luck with the landlord. Oh btw the spreadsheet I sent you has a typo I meant sets instead of reps :).

Jen, awesome on staying OP :). And when the moment arrives where you are feeling down and looking for food to comfort you just remember how wonderful it feels to stay OP and how much effort you have put in to stay healthy. And remember that food will only make you feel good for that brief moment and then the guilt and other feelings later will make you sad. Then you turn to food again for the brief moment of high...and hence the vicious cycle never ends. You don't want to go back, do you? So find another way to vent your frustrations and feeling down moment. Hence, right now (when you're feeling good) is the time to find a hobby or something to do if the moment of weakness hits you. And good luck for the position. I hope you get it. :)

Rhonda, great job on staying OP. And yes today definitely schedule some treadmill time.

Heather, I hope things move soon. I hate it too. I usually drink more water. And umm...scales could be up cuz of this issue.

Jo, Sorry, you've said you're a data person and hence would be checking your BP the right way :). I hope you get over the fear soon. I know long time ago I used to check mine randomly and few times a day until I read stuff on it. At the moment I have stopped checking mine but I'm trying to figure out what time of the day would be best for me. And the scale is evil.

Billie, woohoo! on the scale moving downwards. And I don't like cottage cheese either.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone :D

suitejudyblueeyes
01-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Anna - Bravo on good food day. Have a carrot. :carrot: And potatoes/beans are grainy? That's the last word I'd use to describe them. Interesting.

H - granola is dangerous. SM makes really good homemade granola that is low-fat, but low-fat doesn't mean jack when I can (and will) eat 3c in a sitting. And TOM could explain the backed upedness. Bodies are weird and gross.

Billie - 50 cals over isn't too bad. You'll balance it out in no time.

Rhonda - CALL THE PHARMACY. Don't keep making yourself feel crummy. Get the damn meds. Feel better.

Jo - just a PB ban, or all associated nut butters as well? Hurray for downward movement again, however small!

Jen - I agree with Rhonda. Don't let yourself turn to food. Food won't help. Eventually you WILL have to learn to deal with stress and disappointment without food, and that is tough. But you might as well start trying now. I hope you find out about the job ASAP!

Anjuli - Thanks for the spreadsheet. I figured the rep/set thing was wrong, as it didn't make sense to just do 1 rep of an exercise! Glad you got your workout in. I haven't tried it yet. I guess I missed where you said you were going off artificial sweetener. There are lots of natural sweeteners that are not cane sugar (as I'm sure you know). Baby steps are good, I hear artificial sweetener withdrawal can be a btch!

Today's plan -
B: lf oat bran muffin
L: chicken salad w/celery on wasa bread, pear
S: undecided - yogurt perhaps
D: Beans and rice

Anybody want to come visit me once I get this job?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7823812.stm

Mrs Snark
01-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I saw a blurb about this job early this morning on CNN. That's going to be an incredible experience for somebody.

I bet they pick a hot, young dude -- somebody we want to watch surfing, diving, swimming, sailing, etc. And I'll bet he has an accent, also.

pintobean
01-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Oh damn, that sounds like an awesome job. Soooo wonderful :) . If only I could swim :p

Jaime, I just decided this weekend to go off artificial sweetners. I didn't know there was a withdrawal issue with artificial sweetners. Great! Well, if you guys see me behave more weirdly than normal then you know what's the problem :D . It will be a while before I completely go off them but its a step in the right direction I think. I'm trying to stick with low calorie natural sweetners.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I saw a blurb about this job early this morning on CNN. That's going to be an incredible experience for somebody.
Did you attach a link? If so, it's gone by now.

kittycat40
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Jaimie- you had me thinking this was what you were referring to in your earlier posts! If only!!

Jo-if Jaimie doesn't get the job then a fine looking dude will do.

Jen-12 op days is a feat. Cool. I'm starting off on day2. I sidestepped a pastry platter so far. Re:reactionary eating- first, I hope you get the job and it is a non issue. I can often see off plan landslides coming so I have been trying to gear up for them as of late. Whatever works...;)

Rhonda- call the pharmacy.

Anna, 4 year olds are delish!

Billie, I cannot get over that the next closest ups is a 40 mile trip. Wow! Thank goodess you got the 411.

Pinto, I have been thinking about art. sweeteners but have made no changes. Please update about withdrawal!

Later,
Lucy

kittycat40
01-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Heather, good luck at thhat lunch. It's prob happening right about now!

Running with kid stuff rest of the day-

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm fighting the battle attacking DH's bacon. For some reason I am being drawn to it. The only thing I can think is PMS related. I CRAVE meat usually. I know I am weird. I am sure you guys have done horrible things to it above and beyond what was done during its life and processing.

The only other thing right now that sounds good is mac and cheese. It is one of my comfort foods. Another reason I am thinking PMS. My cycles are messed up though so I won't know until it starts. I am going to raid the pantry in a few minutes and come up with a lower cal alternative.

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I think if Jaime is pulling that kind of salary taking care of the island she can afford to fly us all down for a few weeks.

Lucy - Want two more 4 year olds? I've got a set up for grabs.

Manick
01-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm baaack!

Anna, delighted that you had a positive church going experience and took the family too!

Artificial sweeteners...BAD, BAD, BAD for you! Very smart to give them up! Some of the withdrawals I've heard about come mostly from sodas, finding a replacement beverage, which doesn't sound like your issue? Stevia, agave syrup, & xylitol are alternatives we've tried. We stick to stevia or real sugar for the most part now. Read up on excitotoxicity if you want to strengthen your resolve to ditch the chemical sweeteners.

I am no help with bacon cravings, alas...it has an evil pull and must be banned.

I am going to treadmill, that is at least something positive I can do for myself today.

I had potatoes for dinner last night thanks to you all I am sure, an insatiable need pulled me to them when I got home ;)

kittycat40
01-13-2009, 02:22 PM
I think if Jaime is pulling that kind of salary taking care of the island she can afford to fly us all down for a few weeks.

Lucy - Want two more 4 year olds? I've got a set up for grabs.

thanks, but no thanks :D for the first time ever, I looked at a baby and felt NO PANGS of awww, I could use another one!!-- even a girl baby ;)
done. fishished. finito :)

Fat Chick B Gone
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
The scale went down for me this morning back under 140 (but just barely, 139.8), but my weight has trended UP for the last 4 weeks. Bah. BAH I say.

Glad it's moving down.

Good morning. OP Day #13 for me and feeling good!

Today, I will get on the treadmill for at least 30 mins! No excuses accepted. This stomach has got to to away. It's interfering in my life.
Look at you OP!! :carrot: What time are you doing the treadmill? I want it on your outlook calendar.

Food isn't going to make you feel better no matter what happens. *****ing whining and moaning are better ways of dealing. So is breaking a sweat. But doesn't matter because you're going to get it!! :D

Oh I started using real sugar for coffee since yesterday. Since I drink only 1 16-20oz cup in the morning I figured I'd give it a try. As long as I account for the sugar calories it should be all good. I'll try it for few weeks and see if I notice any changes. I still use Davinci SF french vanilla syrup in coffee so I'm not completely off artificial sweetner but taking baby steps. Any thoughts?

I'm not really sure that you'll notice any changes? I don't use artificial sweetners but noticed no difference when I gave it up, you know except the chance of cancer and god knows what else decreasing. A tsp of sugar has only 15cals - totallly worth it.

Anybody want to come visit me once I get this job?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7823812.stm
Visit ****, I'd move.

Heather, good luck at thhat lunch. It's prob happening right about now!

Running with kid stuff rest of the day-

Lunch was fine. Salad came with cheese, I made dude get me a new one since they even had on the label with my name "no cheese". Dur. Oh well one of the admin staff who is a vegetarian got it. Sigh, I keep trying to convince her to go vegan but thus far a big FAIL on that front.

I'm fighting the battle attacking DH's bacon. For some reason I am being drawn to it. The only thing I can think is PMS related. I CRAVE meat usually. I know I am weird. I am sure you guys have done horrible things to it above and beyond what was done during its life and processing.

Bacon is nasty and I wouldn't get close enough to it to do anything gross to it. Get the Lightlife brand or get tempeh and make your own.

I'm baaack!

I am going to treadmill, that is at least something positive I can do for myself today.

I had potatoes for dinner last night thanks to you all I am sure, an insatiable need pulled me to them when I got home ;)

About damn time. Potatoes are gooooood. And go go go on the treadmill.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Lunch is totally not going to keep me more than an hour or so. So unsatisfying.

Have not heard back from new apartment people yet, I am incredibly impatient! I need to be able to plan, people! In fact, I have a guy lined up who really wants my current place, and he's coming over tonight! I need to be able to say with certainty that I have a new place or no!

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
I passed on the bacon and the mac and cheese and had mashed potatoes instead. Last night I had the fakin' bacon stuff. I was glad I didn't get heartburn from it this time.

As of right now cals are only about 1300 and I am trying to decide if I want to change my dinner menu. I plan on having roasted veggies and some squash. My protein looks a little low (only 34 grams or so today) so I might make some beans or lentils.

Oh. I know. I could make that 3 sisters casserole. Probably without the polenta topping though. Maybe cornbread? Must go look at recipes now.

pintobean
01-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Woohoo! So happy you didn't give in Billie. Totally understand the pull of the food. Usually happens to me with pizza or cakes. Adding some sort of protein is a good idea. It will keep you full and might get rid of some cravings.

Manick, I'm not much of a soda drinker. Although when I do it is diet but I rarely drink any. Hubby's more of a soda drinker but thankfully he's cutting back now. I do have to nudge him a little sometimes ;) . My biggest issue is coffee with splenda. I am open to choices available when it comes to natural sugars so now my mission is to try diff things, read up on everything related to it and figure out what I like best and still remain low calorie wise. And today I'm reading refined/white sugar is bad for you too. So a lot to explore :)

Heather, I am using sugar at the moment and yes it's not bad calorie wise so far. I agree worth it :)

Lucy, I will definitely keep you posted on any withdrawals. Right now I'm doing half and half using real sugar and a.s. so I doubt I'll have withdrawals (if any). But soon when I switch completely there might be some.

Jaime, good luck again. I really hope you hear from the landlord soon.

And for the record, potatoes are wonderful :). I love them but don't eat them often. I'm making roasted potatoes with veggies tonight.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Okay I bought these small peach like looking fruits on Saturday and don't remember what they're called. Skin is fuzz like a peach and they're about the size of a golf ball. Please help me go uncrazy. Thanks.

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Nectarines maybe?

kittycat40
01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Okay I bought these small peach like looking fruits on Saturday and don't remember what they're called. Skin is fuzz like a peach and they're about the size of a golf ball. Please help me go uncrazy. Thanks.

apricots!! my $$ is on apricots!!

Manick
01-13-2009, 08:09 PM
I vote apricots too, it is too early for white peaches (the kind that look like little puffy donuts)
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:abszWetCp4cXJM:http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/1420345768_01d852c0cb.jpg

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Heather, they are apricots.

onthetee
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM

There are PMS times when I have told Chris to go to the farm and bring back beef or I chew his arm off.

Trader Joe's turkey bacon has a great bacon flavor w/out the calories.

My day started with the truck NOT starting. Darling children left on the dome light. Chris came back, gave me the car and charged the truck. Had lunch at a friend's house, so no idea how many cals really in everything, but she made minestrone and homemade bread. Logged two servings of each at cal count to be safe. Came home and had stir fry with NO rice and no shrimp, just to be safe.

We are moving ahead with refi which has me very happy.

And there is an almost-four-ibble crawling on me.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Speaking of apricots I really need to get some new fruits in my food rotation. I don't want to get burned out on the same things all the time. Still loving the Clementines though. :)

So I almost think I have hubby convinced about getting the eliptical machine. I'm really hoping that we can get one because I think it will do us both good to workout together.

onthetee
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Ignore what I said about the mortgage. the closing costs were the highest i have ever seen. there is not earthly way we will do that. we would be better off with a slightly higher rate and pay off 30 years early.

robbery!

pintobean
01-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Roasted Zucchinis were so good. They would have been better had I not forgotten to turn on the timer. Good thing I kept checking the oven. So they got a little burnt. This is why I don't bake or roast anything cuz I suck at it. :)

Manick
01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Those look perfect to me! Brown gives it flavor!

Hopefulpinkangel
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh those look yummy Anjuli!

Anna-That sucks about closing costs. Good thing you didn't do it.

kittycat40
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
Ladies, I am really PMS. So bloated and cranky. ugh.

the zucc. looks great!
fresh apricots make my tongue tingle.
I got slammed on a NY refinance a few years ago.

ugh.

onthetee
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh those look yummy Anjuli!

Anna-That sucks about closing costs. Good thing you didn't do it.

One of my skills is negotiating. They can either bow down and be reasonable, or they can suck it.

Also....hello period, where did you come from?

It really helps explain my snappish attitude on Monday,which I worked to correct yesterday and today with decent success.

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
They are probably apricots. Nectarines are smooth now that I think about it more. Is it obvious I don't really care for any of them?

I splurged and had 2 cups of Silk Choc. It brought my protein up the little extra bit that I needed and I still ended under 1600. Life is good. :carrot:

zinkemomx2
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
There are PMS times when I have told Chris to go to the farm and bring back beef or I chew his arm off. I never craved chocolate. I wanted a pound of ground beef heavily seasoned. I thought I was the only weird one.

Trader Joe's turkey bacon has a great bacon flavor w/out the calories. No go on turkey bacon. I've done well since Xmas eve. No point going back now.

And there is an almost-four-ibble crawling on me. A what? Do you mean Meara? Please tell her happy birthday for me. Anything special planned?

Ignore what I said about the mortgage. the closing costs were the highest i have ever seen. there is not earthly way we will do that. we would be better off with a slightly higher rate and pay off 30 years early.

robbery!I still haven't checked into the refi but I am sure closing costs would kill us and negate any saving we might have if we were even able to qualify.

Roasted Zucchinis were so good. They would have been better had I not forgotten to turn on the timer. Good thing I kept checking the oven. So they got a little burnt. This is why I don't bake or roast anything cuz I suck at it. I'm not usually a fan of zucchini unless it is in bread. Those look really good though. I'll put them on the need to try list.

I think mine is coming. I'm on day 29 but the last few have been really long cycles. My eating has shaped up a lot though lately and I started my pills again so it certainly could be my problem.

I'm probably done for the night. Gonna go knit a little and read a magazine or two. Talk to everyone tomorrow.

onthetee
01-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Silk Choc is crack for me. I can drink it out of the carton, every drop of the half gallon.

pintobean
01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I've yet to try Silk Choc. I tried Silk Vanilla and thought it was so so. I prefer the original silk over vanilla. Hmm...I'll have to try it.

Billie, for the roasted zucc I used baby zucc cuz they have less seeds. The recipe called for small zucc not necessarily baby. Let me know if you need the recipe. I seasoned them well.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Hiya.

Anna - big suck on the refinances.
Jen - Hope hubby gives in on the elliptical. What happened with the fitness center? Speaking of fitness center, I need to get back in there and build some sexy muscles.
Billie - I've not tried the Silk Chocolate, but my girls love it. I have a feeling that it's just one of those things that I'm better off not trying.

No treadmill today. I don't know what my problem is. I know, once I start, that I love it. I just hate the first few days when I feel like crap and get aggravated at how slow I am. I always remember running 5 miles and I get disgusted. I know....whine whine. It's time to just to it.

Going to make a cup of tea and watch BL.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-13-2009, 10:59 PM
There are PMS times when I have told Chris to go to the farm and bring back beef or I chew his arm off. I used to crave red meat horribly bad. Now I crave fake meat **** (I must say I'm quite shocked I don't crave meat).
Trader Joe's turkey bacon has a great bacon flavor w/out the calories.

My day started with the truck NOT starting. Darling children left on the dome light. Chris came back, gave me the car and charged the truck. Had lunch at a friend's house, so no idea how many cals really in everything, but she made minestrone and homemade bread. Logged two servings of each at cal count to be safe. Came home and had stir fry with NO rice and no shrimp, just to be safe. Children are evil.

We are moving ahead with refi which has me very happy. Sorry about the suck.

And there is an almost-four-ibble crawling on me. What is four-ibble?

So I almost think I have hubby convinced about getting the eliptical machine. I'm really hoping that we can get one because I think it will do us both good to workout together.
Awesomeness :carrot:
Ladies, I am really PMS. So bloated and cranky. ugh.
We feel your pain.

Mine was early, blame me.

No treadmill today. I don't know what my problem is. I know, once I start, that I love it. I just hate the first few days when I feel like crap and get aggravated at how slow I am. I always remember running 5 miles and I get disgusted. I know....whine whine. It's time to just to it.

Would you like a bite of Sheeze to go with that?

I would like a lot of :carrot::carrot: and a bit of this :broc::broc: for not caving to my tempation of entitlement vending machine chips. Not hungry just felt I deserved them for sitting in a farking long *** class. I almost texted Jaime (only number I have in my phone) I was so proud for not caving. I had change people - I never keep change in my purse for this very reason.

Thanks for the help, I do believe they are apricots.

pintobean
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
:carrot:amazing Heather. Kudos to you. I know it's hard but you managed to stay away :broc:.

Jen, sooo happy you guys are thinking of getting an elliptical. Excellent idea. I prefer working out at home than at a gym.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Heather - Awesome job of withstanding the evil vending machine chips!

:bday2you: Meara!

My tail is dragging today. Little one had an upset stomach and had bad dreams all night long. But, little trooper wouldn't hear of missing a day of school. So far, she has perfect attendance and is quite proud of that fact. Wish her older sister felt the same. She's home today with a headache and I'm about 99% sure she's faking. I have no proof and suffer with the dang things myself, so I let her stay home. What's a Mom to do?

TBL hit home with me last night. I won't say anything to spoil if you've not watched, but one of the ladies had a discussion with Bob about fear of failure. I now have a lot more digging into my psyche for the journal. It's really not a lot of fun, but so very necessary. And, I will be on the treadmill today. Like Bob said, "Just effing do it!!!"

Fat Chick B Gone
01-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Happy Birthday to the little Cappy Girl!!!

Today's plan: Yoga at lunch, walk the dogs tonight, homework, mop the kitchen and bathrooms so friends aren't grossed out when they visit Friday.

Breakfast - coffee and one biscuit with gravy
snack - clif bar
lunch - potato and kale enchiladas over millet
snack - apricots!!
dinner - snobby joes and steamed broccoli. I think I have enough room for a few oven baked fries, we'll see how hungry I am

pintobean
01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Morning everyone...it's damn cold out there. 20 deg with windchill 9 deg.

Last night was good food wise but otherwise it was eh. I lost it with hubby yesterday and I could have easily answered him calmly. I know I have no patience generally but lately I'm just snapping so pms I'm guessing. Oh well...

I watched the TBL show last night and this season looks good so far. It was hilarious to see Bob lose it with a contestant during the show cuz I've never seen him like that. Basically it was Bob being Jillian :lol: . I won't say any more to spoil it. Today is day 2 for strength training. I'm sore from Monday so today should be interesting.

Food Plan:
B - Tofu stir fry and coffee
S - Vanilla FF yogurt
L - Crack Wheat w/ veggies
S - small salad

Mrs Snark
01-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I have TBL recorded, I'll watch in a bit. I'm looking forward to watching Bob flip out. Has anybody caught "Diet Tribe" (I think it is on Lifetime)?

Today's plan:
Exercise: Run, done. Knee feel so-so, okay for shorter runs, not going to be ok for longer runs. Oh well.

Food:
Bagel, sb, coffee with stevia
Black bean burritos
Apple
Faxu hot dogs, ezekiel bread, baked beans

suitejudyblueeyes
01-14-2009, 10:00 AM
Anjuli - you're missing a comma. I'm sure your menu meant to say "Crack, wheat, and veggies." Right?

H - text any time. I will gladly celebrate your victory with you!

Anna - Happity birthday to the little one! (And I'm guessing four-ibble rhymes with horrible?)

Jen - Yay elliptical!

Rhonda - I used to be afraid of missing school. That wore off in high school. Happens to the best of us.

I feel about twice my regular size because of the damn Rice a Roni. That stuff has way too much sodium. Sad thing is, I think tonight's dinner is going to come from a box too.... oh wait, I have pasta! I will make pasta. That will be decent.

L has been busy playing the blame game again. Every time I start feeling sad and remorseful about what is happening, he says or does something to remind me exactly why I don't want to be with him. Called my best male friend last night and he wanted to talk to L and I got all guilted about this because friend's parents went through crappy divorce. Say nothing of the fact that this isn't a crappy one, it is pretty easy as far as divorce goes. Whatever. I guess boys just don't get it.

Well, I have to actually accomplish some things today so....... see you all in the fall.......

Mrs Snark
01-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Happy, happy birthday to little M!

Hopefulpinkangel
01-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Jen - Hope hubby gives in on the elliptical. What happened with the fitness center?

I haven't heard back from them yet about canceling. I'm going to try to call, but I never have time when I get home.

I would like a lot of :carrot::carrot: and a bit of this :broc::broc: for not caving to my tempation of entitlement vending machine chips. Not hungry just felt I deserved them for sitting in a farking long *** class. I almost texted Jaime (only number I have in my phone) I was so proud for not caving. I had change people - I never keep change in my purse for this very reason.

Way to go Heather!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::broc::broc::broc: You know I would kill to be able to text one of you guys in a moment of weakness . . . sometimes all it takes is someone else going "Don't DO IT!!" to make a difference. Great job!!

[COLOR=blue]I watched the TBL show last night and this season looks good so far. It was hilarious to see Bob lose it with a contestant during the show cuz I've never seen him like that.

OMG I loved seeing him lose it last night!! :D

Well it's OP Day #13 for me and I just printed off some new recipes from the WW website to try next week. Our new recipe for last night (Spanish Chicken with Rice and Beans) was a pretty big fail . . it was to be expected because I knew eventually we would find a recipe we weren't thrilled with. But trying new recipes is really helping with the whole variety thing for sure. I'm even thinking of making a recipe for my lunches and just splitting it up into portions and freezing it for later. That way I can grab something a little healthier than even frozen meals for lunch.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
:celebrate: Happy Birthday to Meara!!!

onthetee
01-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Heather. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Happy scales this morning. Nothing major, just right direction.

Four-ibble does rhyme with horrible. Terrible 2s, three-vils, four-ibbles.

Snowing and cold here today. Promised girly trip to Children's Museum. Sounds hard. With the weather, it may be something we do next week instead.

No cake today. Probably doing Nilla Wafer/Banana pudding yum instead. Cake Saturday.

I hope to go to the gym tonight. No reason not to other than weather, but it is only a few minutes away.

pintobean
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Anjuli - you're missing a comma. I'm sure your menu meant to say "Crack, wheat, and veggies." Right?...

:lol: you got me. I was trying to be inconspicuous ;)

I have TBL recorded, I'll watch in a bit. I'm looking forward to watching Bob flip out. Has anybody caught "Diet Tribe" (I think it is on Lifetime)?....

I saw the commercial for it but haven't seen the show. I might set it to record and check it out.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-14-2009, 10:26 AM
I am hoping Amazon forgets to charge for this episode like it did for the last one. That was nice. NBC is on some ridiculous two-week delay in getting its shows up. Makes me angry.

kittycat40
01-14-2009, 10:37 AM
good morning! it is soooo freaking miserably cold here. and my clinic office has no heat. wtf??

interesting observation supporting homecooked food vs. store bought:

van clearly labeled "bed bug extermination" has worker spraying chemicals from large vats onto couch cushions out the van back doors. within inches another worker from a double parked delivery truck is unloading wonder bread onto little dollies to bring into nearby store. :barf: :eek:

have a warm moment for me!

kittycat40
01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Heather. :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Happy scales this morning. Nothing major, just right direction.

Four-ibble does rhyme with horrible. Terrible 2s, three-vils, four-ibbles.

Snowing and cold here today. Promised girly trip to Children's Museum. Sounds hard. With the weather, it may be something we do next week instead.

No cake today. Probably doing Nilla Wafer/Banana pudding yum instead. Cake Saturday.

I hope to go to the gym tonight. No reason not to other than weather, but it is only a few minutes away.

Happy Birthing Day!! :):):)

kittycat40
01-14-2009, 01:44 PM

woohooo!

Jen, my basement treadmill is the ONLY place I will run in just a sports bra and shorts! :o

Hopefulpinkangel
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Jen, my basement treadmill is the ONLY place I will run in just a sports bra and shorts! :o

Oh my gosh I know what you mean. Thinking of going into a gym is kind of scary to me. Plus I love being in the comfort of my own home (or garage in my case) ;)

onthetee
01-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Talked to new bank guy. Good rate. 20 year instead of 15. Doesn't really matter. It will be paid off in 13.

And knowing that we are paying it off early, I am considering just leaving it and sticking to the plan we have.

KimProbable
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
For Anna (and anyone else who likes the yummies)

Warming Chickpea Stew
4 cups Vegetable stock or water
1-2 Onions, chopped
4 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Medium sized yams, diced
2 cups Additional vegetable (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, carrot, etc.)
2 cups Green kale, chopped
1 cup Chickpeas, cooked
1/2 cup Brown rice, cooked
1/4 tsp Sea salt
1/4 cup Cashew or almond butter
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/4 cup Tamari
1/8 tsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Olive oil

In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add vegetable stock or water, yam, additional vegetable (not including kale), chickpeas, brown rice, and sea salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 30-45 minutes. In a small bowl, mis almond or cashew butter with 1/2 cup of liquid from stew. Stir mixture back into stew, along with Kale and cook for 5 minutes. Add lemon juice, tamari, and chili powder, and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve hot.

Herb and Garlic Roasted Beets
10 Medium sized beets, cut into chunks
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup Water
2 Tbsp Rosemary
2 Tbsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Sea salt
3 Garlic cloves, minced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place olive oil in a large casserole dish. Place beets in casserole dish and sprinkle rosemary, thyme, sea salt, and garlic over beets. Pour water over beets. Place in oven and bake for 45-60 minutes. Serve with rice.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Ick on the pesticides, period.
I really need to give beets a chance but they scare me for some reason.
Rhonda - treadmill? what time tonight?

I have to suck it up and get new workout clothes. Period, no more delaying. They're faded beyond all get out and now have holes. I have officially passed the frugal point and reached the I'm a cheap *** point.

Mrs Snark
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
After watching TBL, I'd love to be in the gym with Bob for a couple weeks. I wonder what that would really be like. It must be cool to have someone there pushing you for your best. Heck, let's make it a month with Bob. A month with Bob and a personal chef would just rock.

I wish they would show more mealtimes. The show seems to always focus just workouts. I want to see their meals plans for every, single day.

onthetee
01-14-2009, 05:36 PM
I wish they would show more mealtimes. The show seems to always focus just workouts. I want to see their meals plans for every, single day.

Another reason that I quit watching. If weight loss is 90% food and 10% movement, then talking about food choices (without product placement) and reviewing people's menus would be much for usef----oh wait. Food is not interesting. People's gasping for air it. never mind.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Mine is more 95% food and 5% movement. I move, I've always moved even if it's just walking I've moved.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Oh and they were apricots but certainly not in-season apricots. I've not eaten them often and naively thought they may be an in season item at this time of year - nope.

zinkemomx2
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I've yet to try Silk Choc. I tried Silk Vanilla and thought it was so so. I prefer the original silk over vanilla. Hmm...I'll have to try it. If I am drinking it I prefer Rice Dream over the soy kinds I have tried.

I almost texted Jaime (only number I have in my phone) I was so proud for not caving. I don't have a text plan but I am open to phone calls if needed.

Ick on the pesticides, period.
I really need to give beets a chance but they scare me for some reason.

I have to suck it up and get new workout clothes. Period, no more delaying. They're faded beyond all get out and now have holes. I have officially passed the frugal point and reached the I'm a cheap *** point.

I'm glad I haven't been eating much bread lately. :(

Rhonda - Quit trying to force yourself into an hour. Commit to 15 minutes and work up to more.

Heather - Go shopping pronto. You deserve new workout clothes with all the running you have been doing. GO NOW!

onthetee
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I think beets scare people because we think of the canned pickled beets of our youth. Which Will loved as a baby, BTW.

Skipping dinner to have birthday dessert.

onthetee
01-14-2009, 07:39 PM
OK, if you ever NEED vanilla pudding. I have a recipe that is delish, and I used skim milk instead of whole.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm hiding my head in shame.

For Anna (and anyone else who likes the yummies)

Warming Chickpea Stew

Herb and Garlic Roasted Beets
I will be trying the Chickpea Stew. The beets? Well, I'll think on that.

A month with Bob and a personal chef would just rock.
I'd like to work out with Jillian. I think I have a girl crush.;)

Rhonda - Quit trying to force yourself into an hour. Commit to 15 minutes and work up to more.
You know, I'm gonna have to admit that you all are correct. Staring an hour in the face is knocking me out before I even get going. Starting tomorrow, I'll begin with 20 minutes, at lunch. No more waiting until after work when I'm tired and have no energy.

Manick
01-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Staring an hour in the face is knocking me out before I even get going. Starting tomorrow, I'll begin with 20 minutes

Rhonda I have been doing this with great success this week, I tell myself I don't have time, but I DO have 30 minutes or so and I have done it for 30-40 min each time once I am actually moving on the treadmill...next week maybe more! DO IT! 20 minutes. If you go 23 or 24 when all is said and done, fine. Next week try 25 minutes!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-15-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeeeawwwn i want more sleep. Don't have to be at client until 9am but need to do a bit of work first.
Today's plan - keep calories a little low today to make room for going out tomorrow night. Client at 9am, hopefully done around lunchtime. Debate on going into the office or working from home, Working from home will win the arguement. I have to run into the mall (I hate the mall) before my class tonight. Class from 6-10 then pass out.

Menu
brek - coffee, biscut and gravy
lunch - tofu stirfry
snack - apple
dinner - enchiladas
snack if needed - clif bar

Mrs Snark
01-15-2009, 08:58 AM
Morning gang!

Today's plan: Run ~5, heading out in just a minute. It's in the 40s here right now, feels nice!

Food:
Bagel, sb, coffee with stevia
orange
kofta curry, tortilla, cucs, toms, zucc, onions in vinegar
vegetable sushi for dinner

Hopefulpinkangel
01-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Rhonda-Go for a lesser goal because 20 min is better than none. I only did 15 min the other night on the Wii Fit, but I was just happy that I did something. It's all about small steps. :) You can do it!!!

Anna-This may be a silly question but . . . How do you pay your mortgage off early?

Heather-You totally deserve new workout clothes!

Well it's OP Day #14 for me and I'm getting stronger by the day. I need to eat more during the day because I came home yesterday and even after dinner I had way too many points left. I really need to spread them out more. That is my goal for today.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Question: I'm planning one of our veggie meals tonight. I have a jar of coconut curry that I picked up at WF and some firm (not extra firm) tofu that I planned on using in the curry. Will regular firm tofu work well? Should I saute it first? Or, is tofu a good idea in curry?

pintobean
01-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Morning everyone :)

Looks like plurk finally got blocked here. Not sure if it's temp or perm. Even woot is blocked. :(

I did my day 2 of strength training yesterday and I came very close to not doing it. I also managed to hurt my left wrist now. As if right wrist hurting already was not enough I lost my balance on the plie squat at the last rep and fell and hurt my left wrist to balance myself. No pain no gain I guess.

It's really cold out here today. 23 deg and it feels like 15 or something. We had light snow last night with barely any accumulation and people were driving like idiots this morning.

Happy Birthday Heather :hug:

Food Plan:
B - Tofu stir fry & coffee
S - Grape tomato and cuke mix
L - Crack, wheat w/ veggies :p
S - Small Salad

pintobean
01-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Question: I'm planning one of our veggie meals tonight. I have a jar of coconut curry that I picked up at WF and some firm (not extra firm) tofu that I planned on using in the curry. Will regular firm tofu work well? Should I saute it first? Or, is tofu a good idea in curry?

Tofu is pretty versatile. And firm tofu should work. Make sure you squeeze the water out. I wrapped tofu in a towel with my small cast iron pan on top of it for like an hour or 2. Last time I let it sit and then went out to the grocery store that's why 2. For my tofu stir fry I pan fried (seared) it with barely any oil. I'd say pan fry it cuz it might give a firmer texture and might go better in a curry. Heather is more of an expert on tofu :) .