40-Somethings - 40-Somethings Jan. 2009 Chat

View Full Version : 40-Somethings Jan. 2009 Chat

Hattie22
01-08-2009, 09:07 PM
This is my first time starting a thread...I hope I did it correctly.

We have to get this going. Where are all the 40-somethings that were here in the summer? Winter Hibernation?

Welcome to all new chics!:welcome3:

I made it through the holidays OP. I worked hard at it and proved to myself that just because the holidays were here it didn't mean to eat..eat..eat.

Here is 2009 and a fresh New Year to get healthy! :hat:

Onmyway
01-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. There seems to be alot of new activity going on around here. I joined 3FC in October. I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new friends. Together we CAN do this!

TheMrs
01-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Good morning everyone... I'm getting ready for work and feeling a bit 'bleh'. I've almost finished my first week and with one slip up, I'm feeling good about my progress. :)

I hope everyone here is having a great new year - and if anyone is in need of a workout/calorie counting/whatever buddy - just give me a shout! I could use one!! :D

Happy Friday!!

WardHog
01-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for starting the thread, Hattie. Maybe we should introduce ourselves again, since there are so many new people.

I am a 44 yr. old SAHM to two kids, a 6 1/2 year old girl who is in first grade, and an almost 5 year old boy who is in pre-K. We live in the Atlanta suburbs. I am a life long yo-yo dieter who is hoping that this time it will be different. I am a calorie counter and an exercise enthusiast. I started using a bodybugg in November and I *love* it.

I didn't do so well over the holidays, but I am back on plan now. :) I am looking forward to chatting with you!

mykids31206
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm in need of some encouraging buddies. I'm new to the site...not new to why I'm here though. I have a cute dress hanging in my office (wore 8 years ago) that has been by weight lose buddy and I feel no closer now than I did a year ago. Trying something different.:)

forme01
01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Thank you Hattie! Taking the bull by the horns...you're my kinda girl. That's exactly the way it's done! :) Way to go on your losses. Keep it up!
OnMyWay~ that you are! Congratulations on your progress. Please do share what's worked best for you.
TheMrs~maybe we can meet here...unless you want to PM.
Way to go WardHog on getting back on track! I'll follow your example: 44 yrs, Christian married working mom; boys 12 and 7. DH gone more than half of the time. Yoyo dieter too...believing this time HAS TO BE different. Doing well despite temp TOM frustration yesterday. Lack support/encouragement at home.
Mykids~I hung a pair of jeans I wore seven years ago for encouragement next to the scale. Maybe I should put them on the refrigerator! :)

Hattie22
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh!! I am so excited! Other 40 somethings to share with!

I am 48. I have two grown :( children. A son..24 and a daughter..23. I miss them as little ones. Now I have to wait to become a grandmother. I have a wonderful husband that is my Best friend. We have been married for 27 years. I work full time. I have two rotties, 1 cat, and nine hermit crabs.

I have always had a weight problem but have been up and down in my adult years. I have lasted 2 to 3 mths on a plan and have somehow quit after that. The most I have lost was 50 lbs.. I started this time on August 11th, 2008. I have been OP since then. I am very proud of that! I made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I am almost at my 5 mth mark. (January 11th) I plan to do this for the rest of my life...but keep my thoughts at making it a year. I would love to get to that point and be able to maintain.

My plan:
I count calories and try to eat balanced, healthy foods. I use to eat a lot of pasta, and red meat. Now I mostly have chicken, turkey, and salmon. I eat lots of veggies and fruits. I eat only brown rice and wheat pasta and keep the portions small. I eat only whole wheat, low calorie bread (Arnold sandwich thins are great and only 100 calories) My calorie allotment is between 1400- 1700. I do find it hard sometimes to make the higher amounts...weird!

Exercise: I try to do something for 30 min. 6 times a week. I do the treadmill or the elliptical for 30 min. in AM. I do wii fit or resistant band work in the PM.

Journal: I have a little notebook that goes with me everywhere. I write down everything I eat and all the exercise for the day. I write what I did or how I was feeling sometimes. I am going to start my third notebook on January 13th...and I know I am weird but it excites me that I will have two completed!

Pedometer: I wear it every day. I use it to help encourage me to keep moving as much as possible. It records 7 days worth. It records mileage and calories.

Reward: I have a bracelet that I add a bead to for every 5 lbs. I lose. It helps to remind me of my accomplishments and keeps me from putting BAD stuff into my mouth since that hand is the one that goes to my mouth.

Right now I think I might be at a standstill. That is okay because I know my body has to constantly adjust. I try to mix up the food and/or exercise to always keep my body guessing.

I know this is long...sorry. Just thought I would start this off so you would get a good picture of what I mean by OP. I joined 3FC in September and have met all kinds of great chics!

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. We can do this! I want to be a buddy, a friend, and a support to all of you. I will need to lean on you for support also.

Are you chics ready to be fit before we turn 50? I am!!! I have only two years to do it. Join me! We will have fun! We will do this for life! It is time!

CanadaMel
01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi there ladies-may I join you?
My name is Mel & I'm 41. I have 3 children ages 8, 6(soon to be seven) & 4.
I work part-time and have been overweight for a long time.
I'm working on nutritious food, portion control & exercise. I'm trying to hit 10,000+ steps daily on my pedometer.

fitredchick
01-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi there all you 40 somethings....I am 48 with one daughter 17. Hi to you fellow Canadian in Calgary!

I have been here for about a week now....have since joined the Y and taking yoga classes one day a week.

I need to get one of those tickers to keep track of my weight loss progress..can anyone tell me how to do that?

thanks, Sandra (fitredchick)

Onmyway
01-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

Here's a little about me. I am 47, soon to be 48. I have a 19 year old son and a 10 year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for 23 years. I work as a teaching assistant in a special ed preschool classroom.

I have struggled with my weight most of my life. At my highest I weighed 257. When I began my lifestyle change at the beginning of September I weighed 235. I am doing a home WW plan where I count points. I walked regularly when the weather was nicer. I jog/walk the treadmill, ride the stationary bike and have recently been doing a step workout at home. I am hoping to get a Wii fit sometime soon. I feel better than I have in a long time.

My weigh in day is Saturday and I am really hoping to be under 200 pounds. That will be a huge milestone for me. I have not been under 200 for over 20 years!

I have found these boards to be a great source of inspiration and support. I am looking forward to learning more about each of you and sharing this journey with you.

We CAN do this!

chunckymonkey
01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi Everybody, I'm 46, married with 2 grown children 24 and 23 and the proud grandmama of Autumn 3 and Teagan 1 month old. It's so nice to have this forum...:hug: to everybody!

gigglez
01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone I am 41(will be 42 next week) have one son who is 12 going on 30. Have said I Do twice and I Don't twice as well. Guess that is life. I am in mgmt. at a local grocery store where the stress as well as my 2nd ex helped but back on weight. In 03 had a hyst and lost from 234 to 173 then with stress from work and the ex had went up to 249 in July of last year. Currently I have made it down to 221 by watching what I eat, no pop(SHOCKING) and lots of exercise. Hoping that this will be a start of a wonderful journey!

Hattie22
01-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi all!

Canadamel: Of course you can join us! :carrot: I try to hit 10,000 as well.

fitredchic: Hi! You have to post a certain amount and be a member for a certain amount of time before you can put a tracker on. I think it is like 20 posts and maybe a couple of weeks. After that time you can go in the userCP and set a tracker up. I couldn't wait also. I kept trying until I finally was able to do it. I was sooo excited!

We WILL do this!!

Hattie22
01-10-2009, 08:21 AM
fitredchic: Yep..it is 20 days and 20 posts. You are almost there!!

forme01
01-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Good morning all! See what you did Hattie? :) Looks like we've gotten ourselves an impressive little group here! Welcome to all...It appears that we all know what to do...so here's to keeping each other supported and accountable.
Hattie seems to have it going on...and plateaus seem to go with the territory. Thankfully, (hopefully?!?) they're temporary.
Onmyway, I certainly hoped you went to onederland today...Let us know.
Happy Birthday gigglez!
Wishing all a wonderful day.

Onmyway
01-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Good morning!
I was hesitant to get on the scale this AM. We had pizza for dinner. I know one meal can't ruin a whole weeks worth of work but you know what I mean. Anyway I weighed 200 even. Not in the Ones but still lost a pound. Next week I will be there for sure. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I know it helps me to have support from some who really know what it's like! THanks!

Have a great weekend. I am taking my daughter and a friend to the movies and then I have got to take down my Christmas stuff!

Okpik
01-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi all,

This is an impressive group! I'm new to the forum, and having a great time making my way through all these threads. I'm 47, and I've had a weight problem for most of my life. I've resolved to make 2009 the year I finally get up off my butt and deal with it.

This looks like a very supportive place to be. I'll be coming back often.

Thanks for sharing your experiences....it's a big help.

elfinsnow
01-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi :) I`m Terry. 43, mom of 3 (23, 19, and 8), married forever.
I work fulltime in an office, 1/2 the day as a book keeper, 1/2 the day as a day trader.
I started losing weight the end of July- i was 245 lbs.
I weighed in this morning at 201.
Working toward 175 by June 1st, and 150 by the end of the year.
I go to the gym 3-5 times a week in the morning, exercise nightly by either walking/running outside, biking, wii, or an exercise video at home.
I was tracking calories at Sparkpeople, and I`m going back to that again. I do it awhile, lay off, then do it again. It helps me get a handle on my portions and a good balance in meals. I try for 1200-1500 cals a day.
We made a big change in our lifestyle in the last couple months, and I`m looking forward to more results.

elfinsnow
01-10-2009, 11:14 AM
So how is everybody this weekend??
I`m waiting on a snow storm. Need to get alot done around the house today.
Plus I need a good cardio work out today, so I will probably hit the gym this afternoon for an hour. And hey- I may get to shovel snow! (Oh joy!)
lol
Anything exciting going on with anyone?
Terry

Onmyway
01-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Hi elf!
You are doing great! Keep it up!
I'll be putting away Christmas stuff today...finally. It will be good to have my house back to normal!
Have a great weekend!
C

fitredchick
01-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks Hattie....I will keep posting until I am "qualified" for the ticker...it's a great way to put a visual into the weight loss journey.

Well, am on my way out for a nice walk in the crisp cold air...just minus 19 celsius today! :)

cheers,
Sandra

Hattie22
01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Onmyway: :congrat::cheer2: Good going! Wow! One more and you are where I can't wait to be!!!

Elf: You are rockin it! Great job! You too are almost there!

Okpik: The more I get to read other people's posts the better I do. Stay with us and we will succeed together!!!

I just finished doing what I call "the beast". I got an elliptical from Santa. Wow! It is hard. Right now I am recovering from 30 min. of sweaty, hard work. Why do I love it?? My hubby got me the Jillian Michaels' iFit card that goes in the beast. She talks to you the whole way through. It just started snowing here, but hubby does the shoveling. hehe

Gigglez: When is your bday? I want to make sure I wish you a great one on your special day!

Since we are close in age, we can have some fun...
Question: What is your favorite TV show from when you were little?

Mine: I loved "Lost in Space" My brothers and sisters and I used to play act characters from that show. Do you remember that monkey thing that Penny had? Since I was the youngest, I had to be that character. LOL

Have a great day! Any other ideas...just post!

elfinsnow
01-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Question: What is your favorite TV show from when you were little?

Hmm. I`d say it was The Brady Bunch or The Waltons.
:) I come from a big family- so I could relate.
Terry

gagnongirl
01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Dh and I have two businesses which so far are surviving the economic bust. I work more than full time and commute 2 hours a day. We have three kids (23, 12 and 10), two cats and a old lady dog.

I love cooking and baking, read a lot, spend far too much time online, and enjoy RVing. I love to sew, but have not loved sewing for my plus sized self. I need to get moving this year.

As far as fav shows as a child go, I do not just have one:

Gilligan's Island
I Dream of Jeanie
My Three Sons
Bewitched
Green Acres
Beach Combers
The Irish Rovers

I have not been a yo yo dieter, I have been steadily putting on weight for the past 14 years. I am a stress eater and have 3 periods of extreme stress since 14 years ago.

I suffer from IBS and when it flares up I overeat. I am meeting with a dietitian next week to set up an eating plan to avoid the foods that upset my belly.

I am lucky in that I do not crave carbs, I do not have a sweet tooth and I have never been a pop drinker so I donto have those hurdles to overcome.

I am the only overweight person in my family, so I cannot blame genetics.

I do not get any exercise to speak of. I need to get moving. I have a shoulder injury, which limits what types of exercise I can do until it heals. I will get walking this week though.

Beemer
01-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I just turned the big 4-0 in November and am a stay at home mom of two kids, a boy 12 and a girl 11. I have been married for 19 years. Where does the time go, LOL?!? I never had a weight issue growing up and was actually quite a skinny kid. I gained too much weight with my pregnancies. I lost it all when my daughter was 2 but then life got in the way and I went back up. I have been messing around for a few years gaining and losing here and there. I decided this time was going to be different and I would not be on a "diet".

My big decision came when I turned 40 and realized I needed to eat like a 40 year old. Plus I have quite a few pets and was feeding them way better than I was feeding myself. I am basically just eating lots of healthy food including fruits, veggies and lean meats. I have found several things lately that I didn't even think I would like such as fresh mango, pomegranate and things made with olive oil. I am having tons of fun trying new foods! I also exercise pretty much daily with my bike and walking. I have worked up to jogging some and plan to do a 5K in the spring. I am glad to have found this group. It is inspiring to read other people's stories. My favorite show as a kid was Little House on the Prarie.

mytmom
01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Hi fellow 40ers. Dang, I have to admit, it's hard for me to accept the fact that I'm 40. I turned the corner this past september. 40 was really hard for me, but I've had a couple of rough years, including loosing my mom and dad seven weeks apart in the winter of '07. Somehow being an orphan officially was really tough for me. I've gained most of my weight in the past 18 months. I'm doing BistroMD to get it back off.

So, I'm 40, live in Columbia MO, I'm married to one of my high school teachers (gasp, the scandal!) and we have two boys who are 10.5 and 13 and he has 4 grand-girls that I get to spoil and get my pink fix with : ) I've always had an issue with my weight, I was always the "fat sister" (family of 9 kids) but lost it doing Adkins after my first pregnancy and kept it off for my second pregnancy and for years until '07. when several years ganged up on me at once : )

But I'm ready to get this weight off again and keep it off.

Windchime
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I posted in the introductions thread but I don't think I've posted in here yet. I'm 47 and mom to two college-aged sons. My older boy is away at college and the younger lives here with me. I've been divorced for over a decade now--gosh, can't believe it's been that long!

Years go by and nothing much changes. Same house, same job, same cats, even the same size jeans. A few years ago I saw a girl I knew at a club and she looked GREAT; she'd lost a lot of weight. She emailed me her "plan" and it was some whacky thing where you had to eat eggs all day long. Well, I wasn't going to do THAT but she did kind of kick-start me into action and I lost 30 pounds over 4 months and looked pretty good. I caught the attention of a guy, we dated for awhile, I got freaked out by relationshippy stuff, and I just kind of quit watching the weight. Lost the guy (good riddance) and gained it all back and more.

So I'm guessing there may be some emotional issues wrapped up with my weight problem. (Thank you, Captain Obvious! LOL). Anyway, I'm back to being committed to changing to healthy eating and exercise. The exercise part has been complicated by a recent diagnosis of asthma, but I'm dealing with that medically so hopefully will be feeling more energetic soon.

Right now I'm shopping for an elliptical trainer. There is such a wide range of styles/prices that I'm boggled! Once I decide which one to buy, I'm planning to put it in my dining room!

Shauna
01-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I would also like to join you. I discovered this great site today as I was looking for diet recipes. I'm 48 and have struggled with my weight since high school. Before finishing college I was finally able to get control of my weight and maintain it with constant vigil. However, two years ago I had to have a hysterectomy and slowly my weight has started to creep up. I have gained about 15 pounds and am scared to death that I will keep gaining more weight. The older I get, the more difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. I was hoping with the support of others around the same age, I could lose the weight I've gained. :^:

Shauna

gigglez
01-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Evening everyone!

Hattie my bday is the 14th. Wish that I had that day off from work but oh well that's life. On the tv show..my three sons. i dream of jeanie, and there was the cartoon jeanie and babaoo I think that was the name of it.

gagnongirl sorry to hear about the ibs. Must be awful havin to deal with it..Thought that I might have that but I think that my tummy is just messed up.

windchime wish that i could get an elliptical. Love getting on that at the plex.

shauna, sorry bout the weight gain since the hyst. I lost easily the first year after mine, then things happened it came back and now i am trying to loosing what i found. I think that if i would take hrt like i should it would be easier.

Hope that everyone is havin a great weekend so far.

elfinsnow
01-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Good morning everyone!
It`s Sunday! I slept in until 8 am- wow that felt good. I slept like a rock!
Last night I spoiled myself with a facial, a long soak, exfolliated all over, and slathered on some good lotion. I feel so soft today!

What`s on everyone`s agenda?
I need to come up with this week`s menu today, I need 60 min cardio, and finish cleaning. We have cub scouts today, and thanks to last night`s storm we will probably take them sled riding.

What`s new with everyone else?

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 09:50 AM
HI EVERYONE:wave:

:welcome2: Shauna, Windchime, mytmom, Beemer, gagnongirl!

Shauna: Hey girl...you are not alone..we CAN do this!

Windchime: I just got an elliptical from Santa..I love it! I know..there are so many choices. I went with the Nordic track autostrider 990..It was on sale and had free shipping. It folds up and that was an important feature for me. It takes the iFit cards which are helpful. I think there were better rated ellipticals but this was reviewed as a good choice for the price range.

Mytmom: I had a hard time turning 40 also. It sounded so old to me. Now that I am nearing 50..it doesn't sound bad at all. LOL I am sorry that you lost your parents. Stick with us and your plan and it WILL come off!!!

Beemer: When I started this round of losing..I decided I wasn't going to call it a diet also. This is a life change. Health is my main concern. I want to be around for grandchildren! I wince when people ask me how my diet is going. I hate that word! It always seems so temporary. I know what you mean about feeding your pets differently. Every time I feed my dogs..I measure out their food. They eat expensive dog food...healthy. I never gave them table scraps because it was a bad habit for them. LOL When I fed them, I use to think..boy, I wish someone would just feed me! Then I realized..I can feed me ..healthy food! I CAN DO IT! I loved Little House on The Prairie ALSO!!!

gagnongirl: I am sorry that you suffer with IBS. My sister has it and I know it is tough to deal with. Going to a dietitian is great! I hope your shoulder injury heals fast. In the meantime..walking is great!! Just don't move the arms so much. We CAN DO THIS!

Elf: I also come from a big family...Three boys and three girls...we were the brady brunch. LOL Every night we use to yell...Goodnight Johnboy!

Have a great day everyone!! Today is my 5 month anniversary!!! The longest I have EVER stayed OP!! :woohoo:

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Windchime: I just got an elliptical from Santa..I love it! I know..there are so many choices. I went with the Nordic track autostrider 990..It was on sale and had free shipping. It folds up and that was an important feature for me. It takes the iFit cards which are helpful. I think there were better rated ellipticals but this was reviewed as a good choice for the price range.

Mytmom: I had a hard time turning 40 also. It sounded so old to me. Now that I am nearing 50..it doesn't sound bad at all. LOL I am sorry that you lost your parents. Stick with us and your plan and it WILL come off!!!

Beemer: When I started this round of losing..I decided I wasn't going to call it a diet also. This is a life change. Health is my main concern. I want to be around for grandchildren! I wince when people ask me how my diet is going. I hate that word! It always seems so temporary. I know what you mean about feeding your pets differently. Every time I feed my dogs..I measure out their food. They eat expensive dog food...healthy. I never gave them table scraps because it was a bad habit for them. LOL When I fed them, I use to think..boy, I wish someone would just feed me! Then I realized..I can feed me ..healthy food! I CAN DO IT! I loved Little House on The Prairie ALSO!!!

gagnongirl: I am sorry that you suffer with IBS. My sister has it and I know it is tough to deal with. Going to a dietitian is great! I hope your shoulder injury heals fast. In the meantime..walking is great!! Just don't move the arms so much. We CAN DO THIS!

Elf: I also come from a big family...Three boys and three girls...we were the brady brunch. LOL Every night we use to yell...Goodnight Johnboy!

Have a great day everyone!! Today is my 5 month anniversary!!! The longest I have EVER stayed OP!! :woohoo:

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 10:07 AM

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 10:12 AM

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 12:16 PM
OMG!!!!

The 3FC server was down and it didn't show a post... So I figured it didn't go. I tried a couple of times and voila a million posts of the same thing!!!

SORRY!!

Windchime
01-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info, Hattie! I've been looking at this one but some reviews have mentioned that the flywheel starts to make a "clunking" sound after awhile--have you notice this on yours? I don't want to have to try to fix or return something this big and expensive if something goes wrong with it, so I guess that's why I'm hesitating. Also--I'm fairly tall, so I worry about the 18" stride being long enough. But I do keep returning to this model as I'm looking!

Beemer
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Hattie22!
Thanks for the welcome!! I forgot my other all time favorite show when I was a touch older and was reminded of it today. I absolutely loved Quincy!! I was a big fan of murder mysteries and they always kept you hanging until the end. It was a precursor to CSI I guess. Anyway, I am not sure how this chat thread works since I am new but wanted to also say hi to everyone. I am glad to be here as it seems there are lots of helpful people here all cheering each other on.

CanadaMel
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I agree not calling it a diet too- it's a lifestyle change & need to think that way because it's definitely NOT a quick fix.

I've been enjoying listening to inside out weight loss podcasts for 'motivation' while walking the dog.

Did have a few beers last night- but I kept my eating 'light' to compensate for the additional calories.

We're taking the kids to the zoo so I hope that we get a lot of walking in while the weather is warm.

Have a good day all.

Onmyway
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi Friends,
It so good to see so much activity on the 40 somethings forum. Together we can do this!

Had too much popcorn at the movie today so I will need to get on my bike tonight! Otherwise I had a pretty good weekend eating wise. Do any of you journal your eating? I am thinking that might be a good idea, what are your thoughts?

Keep it up!

Hattie22
01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Onmyway: Yes..I journal everything I eat and my exercise. I think it helps tremendously! It keeps me on a routine and routine is getting me through.

Shauna
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!! Decided to walk outside today despite the cold weather. I hate walking on the treadmill but don't mind being outside. Does anyone have any suggestions for speeding up a sluggish metabolism? I'm really not a couch potato but it seems like I have to be moving nonstop in order to lose weight.

forme01
01-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Happy Anniversary Hattie! :hug:
What is OP?:?:

It's great to hear from all...I'm short on time, so will give you the Reader's Digest Condensed Version. I did really well eating wise this week. The scale was down 3.2 lbs. :carrot: I NEED to implement walking this week. I'm working from Dr. Oz's YOU: On a Diet. I pick and choose from things that appeal to me, though. Like most, I know what to do...it's the implementation that gets me.
Journaling IS helpful. Because of time constraints, mine is limited to the morning with my prayer/planning time...and here whenever time allows.

I wish everyone a great week.
I liked Quincy too...Trapper John, MD...The Jeffersons...

Thanks to everyone for their time and committment.

Hattie22
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

forme01 -Thank you and OP stands for On Program. :bravo:for the 3.2lbs loss!!!

Oh...how I wish I could delete those stupid extra posts that I mistakenly did!!! It is so embarrassing!!! At least I won't have to see when more pages get added! So please..help me out...Post and post!

Quincy..yep that was good! Do you remember Mannix?

I finally lost 1 lb and am extremely grateful for it! Woo Hoo!

Another question to keep it going?

What was your favorite toy when you were little?
Mine was Kiddles!

srmb60
01-12-2009, 04:29 PM
I really need an accountability thread you guys. Can I join you? Even if I have a not very encouraging tale of woe?
I was a very successful calorie counter who maintained a 30 lb weight loss (more or less) for three years. In fact, about 15 months ago I went to a reception in the little-black-dress-of-my-dreams ... a size two. I was posting in featherweights. I was posting in maintainers.
Now, I've had a rocky year but no emerg doctors nor chiropractor nor surgeon put food in my mouth. And only one suggested I take it easy for 6 weeks ... not three parts of the year! I did not handle myself well at all. So I find myself almost back where I started 6 years ago.
To say I'm embarassed is an understatement.
I have a goal for April 1st and a mini-goal for Feb 1st. I'll fill in my profile when I can handle looking at those numbers.
I'm not starting out counting calories this time. I'm just cutting back and increasing my activity levels for now. I can always switch up to CC if I stumble along the way.
I want to be a maintainer again. I liked being slim.

Beemer
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM

forme01 -Thank you and OP stands for On Program. :bravo:for the 3.2lbs loss!!!

Oh...how I wish I could delete those stupid extra posts that I mistakenly did!!! It is so embarrassing!!! At least I won't have to see when more pages get added! So please..help me out...Post and post!

Quincy..yep that was good! Do you remember Mannix?

I finally lost 1 lb and am extremely grateful for it! Woo Hoo!

Another question to keep it going?

What was your favorite toy when you were little?
Mine was Kiddles!

Don't worry about the extra posts. We will pretend we don't see them. ;) I have never heard of Mannix. Was it similar to Quincy? Good job on the pound lost!! I haven't lost anything for a few days but ran the most I ever have in my life today and plan to keep it up to run a 5K this Spring. I am sure it will start to melt away again as I train for it. My favorite toy as a kid was something my friend had. I don't know what it was called but it spun a square of paper around in circles and you dropped paint on it. I bought my daughter one when she was littler. I also loved Lincoln Logs!!

Hattie22
01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
:welcome2: Susan!! You are doing the right thing...Just get back on it and in no time you WILL be back in that size 2!!! You did it before and you Will do it again..Don't be embarrassed! You are awesome and you will help the rest of us get through it and be maintainers as well!!:smug:

Beemer: AWWW..Thanks for the kind words!:hug: Mannix was a private detective show. I think the paint thing is called "spin art" Then there was Spirograph! That was fun!

Onmyway
01-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I loved spirograph and I played with Kiddles too! You brought a smile to my face when you mentioned them. We also played with trolls. I remember building a house for them in an old box.

Congrats on your loss Hattie, One by one they all add up! Keep up the good work!

SusanB, please join us! You did it once, you can do it again. Taking action to change is a great start!

Hope everyone had a great day!

gigglez
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Good evening everyone.

So much seems like it has been going on since I was here on Sat. It appears that everyone is doing great.

Hattie WTG on the loss. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I am so wanting to have that big of a loss this week. I can hope.

Onmyway I loved the spiralograph too but hated those trolls. Why I will never know. Maybe had something to do with the fact that their needed brushing all the time.

Beemer so excited that you are going to run a 5k. That is truly a feat in itself. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Mel you are so right this is a lifestyle change. I have been striving to change one thing a week. Sometimes I fail but often I get it right. I think that one of the best changes I made was to give up the pop. Now I don't miss it at all, which is shocking to anyone that knows me.

Windchime you will find the machine that you are looking for. Have you thought to see if there are any gyms around that are getting rid of any equipment. Seems like it would be cheap and more than likely they will have been maintained. Just a thought.

If I have left anyone out please forgive me. This cold weather that is coming in has my sinuses all in an uproar. Was going to try to workout today but this morning my son had an asthma attach and I had to go to his school with his rescue inhaler and then it was time for work. When I got off work at 7 this evening the sinuses were with me and there was no way I was going to attempt a workout. But the eating part was really good today. So how was everyone's weekend? Here's to a much better day tomorrow.

srmb60
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Evening everyone! Thanks for the welcome.
I ate not too badly today and actually walked and did some weights. I'll go to bed now knowing I did pretty good ;)

forme01
01-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Hello all~ So far so good on my end! Thank GOD! I actually exercised for the first time today! YEE HA!

Congratulations to all on sticking to it! We'll all have difficult times, but knowing that others care makes it so much more tolerable! :)

Continue making good choices! Make it a great day.

srmb60
01-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Good morning!

Making good choices is the ticket, isn't it? Just stop, think and make the best choice you know how.

garedneckgurl
01-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first day here. My name is Cyndi, I have 4 children ages 20,18,7, and 6. I really don't even know where to start at losing weight. I turned 40 last Sept. and ever since then I have been feeling pretty down on myself. I need to lose about 60 lbs. but don't know how or where to start. I almost feel desperate, anyone got any advice?

clayr
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Hattie thanks so much for starting this again. I've checked 3 chicks a couple of times looking for it.

I re-started my weight loss again as a N.Y. resolution after a bumpy autumn, I've stayed on plan very well the last couple of weeks.

Cyndi, Welcome :) I use Fitday.com it tracks calories & nutrition and it is terrific, there are also other free online tools. It takes a bit of time to get familiar with the system, but it is the best tool I've ever used.

Hattie22
01-13-2009, 06:12 PM

Onmyway: Oh yes!! The Trolls!! They were awesome! What about Flatsies..."Flatsies, Flatsies..they're flat and that's that!" I use to tease my older sister with that song.. She was complaining that she was flat. LOL

Gigglez: I hope you and your son are better!!! I never even thought about seeing if places were getting rid of their equipment...what a good idea!!!

Susan: You did great!! There is nothing better than a little pride to keep yourself going! Better that.. than the other way! Let's keep it going..:dancer:

Cyndi: :welcome2: Great to have you here with us! Wow! You must be a very busy lady!!! 4 kids!! You have already started girl! I had at least 100lbs to lose when I started in August. I am now down 45lbs. If I can do it...I KNOW YOU CAN!!! Let's do it together!! BTW: 40 isn't so bad;)One step at a time and plan, plan, plan! I am finding that the more I plan everything the safer I am. From exercise to food to journaling. Oh...Don't forget to be nice to yourself!!! No more feeling down on yourself. You took your first step and now you are going to do it!

clayr: Welcome back...Yeah for you for staying OP!!:cheer2:

I actually did two workouts yesterday..1 in AM and 1 in PM. I may do the same tonight. I have to kick something around a little to up the losses. Changing the food a little also. Ok girls...Let's do it!!!

amygotgrace
01-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone!
This is a real positive group and I am glad to be a part of it. I have 21 more pounds to meet my first goal of 51 pounds. It's a miracle! I am 45 and this is the first time in my life I have been able to lose weight and keep it off.
Blessings to all of you!
Amy

gigglez
01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Evening everyone!

Glad to see you Cyndi, amy, and Clayr. This is a great place to be. Hope that everyone has a had great day. Finally felt well enough to workout today and the scale was down another lb.

Hattie you rock with 2 workouts in one day. Whew!

Amy congrats on keeping lbs off.

srmb60
01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Good morning!

I had a big long walk in the snow yesterday! Driving would have been a nightmare so off I went. My legs were very nicely fatigued later :D

And food was good. Pretty carby but lesser.

I'm ever so grateful for my digital scale this week. I was getting pretty discouraged and all those points of a pound lost have really perked me up.

doggirl
01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi,

I just found this thread this morning. It's active, which is what I want to be.

I'm married with 2 dogs and a cat. I was diagnosed with diabetes last August, and it gave my butt the kick that it apparently needed. Wish I'd kicked it sooner, but better late than never. I've sort of stalled over the last 2 months, but I'm on my way again. I'm watching what I eat (especially the carbs) and have committed to exercising at least 30 minutes a day. I wasn't doing this for the past couple of months, hence the stalling. I'm back to it now, and looking forward to the downward movement of those numbers!

Hattie22
01-14-2009, 05:00 PM
:welcome:doggirl! Great to have you here! You are doing an awesome job!! What kind of dogs? I have two rotties. Yours look like they might be rotties also.

:welcome3:amygotgrace! So glad you are here! Wow! You are doing a great job! I am almost at 50lbs gone and I can't wait to get there! 5 more to go.. I know just what you mean about it being the longest you have gone..We are going all the way together. Are you ready?

gigglez: Glad you are feeling better!

Susan: In the snow? You go girl!! Perk it up!!:carrot:

Hi to all..."I'll be back"..

Hattie22
01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
OMG!!!! I almost forgot...

:bday2: GIGGLEZ!!!:celebrate::balloons:

Here is the :gift: I got for you. :dust: and a :trampo: because it looks like so much fun!!! Enjoy!!

delafax
01-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading the many posts and everyone is so supportive. I have been a yo-yo dieter for since my teens but 2 years ago I was able to drop over 50 pounds by just making a change to my eating style. I still ate the same amount of food per day but I ate every three hours. I have gained some back as my mom became ill and I ate from stress. She died last year and now I am ready to take control. I started eating every 3 hours on Jan 1, 2009 and feel so much better. I noticed within days the increase in my energy level. The weight is coming off and I am on my way.
Just wanted to say hello to the other 40ers and looking forward to meeting buddies. Is anyone else eating every 3 hours?
Marge

coufs
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I am pretty new to 3FC, but find the support amazing!;) I am 45, a mother of two beautiful girls - 15 and 23 - , the wife of an amazing husband, and soon to be a first time granny! I think becoming a granny has jarred me into reality and was the kick start to a healthy lifestyle change. I have been watching my calories, try to stay below 1500 daily, and walking 1-1.5 miles 5 to 6 days per week. I've lost 7 pounds since Jan. 2 and intend to keep going for the rest of my life!

Great to meet you all and best of luck! Let's keep in touch.

~coufs

gigglez
01-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Good Morning everyone:wave:

Hattie thank you so much for the bday wishes. I even was good yesterday and resisted the temptation to go and buy myself bday cake from DQ. Love those ice cream cakes but stayed away. Just think Hattie in a few days you will have lost 50lbs!:cheer::cheer::cheer: That is something to be proud of!

:welcome3: to delafax and coufs! This is a great place to be. This is so much support and friendship here.

Marge I know you will do it, just keep on keeping on. Before you know you will be at your goal. I don't know how you eat every 3 hours tho. That would be so hard for me esp. with the way that I work.

Coufs so when is your grandchild going to get here? Have you gotten to the place where you have to walk no matter what yet? I have to go to the plex everyday or I just don't feel right.

Doggurl what kind of dogs do you have? Love dogs but cats I just kind of tolerate. Just keep on watching those carbs with the sugar content and you will be doing great. Sorry tho that it took the diabetes to kick you into gear but each and everyone of us have something that got us started. Question to all what was it that got you started on your weight loss journey? For me it was the combo of wanting to be around for my son and just wanting to feel better about myself.

Susan I am so scared of those digital scales. But then again I would welcome one of them, my scale died. I weigh myself at the plex once a week, sometimes twice. Still walking in the snow?

This moring it is snowing and there is no school makes 2 in a row. Now I have to take my boy to my mother's before I go in and I dread it, leaves no time to get in an ab workout this morning. Yesterday was pretty much on plan and even had no bday cake, but I did have one bday choc chip cookie before 7 am yesterday morning so I worked it off. Why is it when you are ready to work hard during your workout you get feel ill about half way thru. I pushed myself yesterday to get in 38 min on the elipt. yesterday but I did that much and then stopped. Here to a great OP day for everyone!

srmb60
01-15-2009, 10:21 AM
I just got back from the mail and it's COLD! If I walk right there and back, it's about 12 minutes. So I thought I might shovel some snow when I got back. Ya know? just to stretch out my activity time. Nope ... my hands were numb.
I'll find something to watch on TV and do some weights for upper body instead.

I like my digital scale but you certainly have to keep your wits about you. A few decimals one way or the other can be as little as a cup or two of water. Not panic worthy.

50 lbs Hattie! That's awesome.

Hi new folks!

coufs
01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Gigglez: Granbaby is due at the end of July! My poor daughter to be pregnant midsummer! I haven't gotten to the walk or die point yet, but here in Colorado, we had a snowstorm on Monday and it didn't stop me! Even yesterday there was tons of slush and mud, but I did the back country walk anyway.

forme01
01-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello all!
Just wanted to check in and wish all well. I have a little thing to celebrate...this morning I threw away a doughnut. For some, that may seem insignificant, but it was a big deal to me...Saying no thanks and giving the power to someone else would have been one thing, but I accepted it, and threw it and chose for myself to put it directly in the garbage. It was an amazingly powerful thing to do! Hope everyone else is having a victorious day!

srmb60
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I'll celebrate with you forme01!

Onmyway
01-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Forme01,
That is certainly cause for celebration. I find moments like that to be very powerful as well, it says you are the one in control and you can make the right choice for you. Way to go!

It is very cold here, single digits and wind chill below zero. Anyone know how many calories you burn shivering?!!! Someone pulled the fire alarm at school today and we were outside with kids with no coats for close to 15 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a great day, the weekend is almost here!

Beemer
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
That is awesome about throwing the doughnut away forme01!! I drove by Krispy Kreme the other day and they even had the Hot sign on. I was very tempted but we drove on by. They are especially good warm!!

It is very cold here too. I am glad I don't have to exercise outside. I would have given up by now. I rode 11 miles on my recumbent bike and jogged 2.25 miles on my treadmill today. I am doing a 5K run in the Spring and a 25 mile bike ride too. They are both for my daughter. The run is that Girls on the Run program which I did with her last year. I did ok runnning it but walked quite a bit. This year I plan to run the whole thing.

The bike trip is a field trip for school which I did with my son last year and will be doing it with my daughter this year. They are one year apart in school. I did the 5K on a Friday last Spring on our first humid day of the year and then did the 25 mile trip the following Monday. I was dead by Tuesday and want to be more prepared this year. Are there any runners on this forum? I never have been a runner so this is new territory for me. Would like some tips from those who run.

Hattie22
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Hi girls :wave:

Onmyway: Oh you poor thing. Those 15 minutes must have felt like an hour!

Forme01: Awesome!!! That is even better than losing a pound! Good going!!

coufs: :welcome3:Muddy, slushy, back country walk??? You go girl!!

Susan: I wish I was at 50LBS down. 5 more to go.. almost there!

:welcome3: delafax!! I am sorry about mom..:( Way to go on getting into the groove! I try to have something every three hours because I read somewhere that it keeps your metabolism going. Is that why you do it? I count calories for my program.

Have a great night!!!

WardHog
01-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Beemer, I started running around age 40. I always hated it before but for some reason it clicked this time. I used to run a lot, but I have had some injuries and have since gotten addicted to spinning. I do a few 5Ks every year, for causes that I support. I even won my age group in a small race last September. I stupidly agreed to go out with some friends on Sun. morning - I wonder how cold it's going to be? ack!

srmb60
01-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Well gals ... I'm a little anxious.
Many times in the past I've gotten off to a blazing start and then gone off track. For the past several weeks (maybe months), I've done well from start to about day 4 or 5. Often Monday to Friday :s:
This time it's since Saturday when we got home from vacation. Six pounds! which I know is water and that vacation fluff. But it was super encouraging :devil:
Now today ... I didn't have even a tenth of a pound loss.
We have a charity dinner tomorrow evening.
I go back to work on Saturday.
I see the cycle starting again.

Stand firm, right? I should visualize myself being good rather than dreading the re-re-cycle.

forme01
01-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the cheers, girls. It certainly did feel great. All day long I felt like I had more bounce in my step. :)
Happy Training Beemer. I did 5Ks back in the day. Racewalking, mostly. You brought back some nice memories. Thanks.
Susan, You can see a cycle starting, but you can also break it. Each positive choice is a victory, despite what the scale says. If need be, stay off of it for a while. You CAN do this. Giving up shouldn't even be an option. We're here. Vent, share, whatever. Just focus on the positive.
Let us know how you're doing.

srmb60
01-16-2009, 08:09 AM
I believe that a bounce in your step uses more calories!

healthierme78
01-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Marge,

I just tried sending you a private message but I'm not sure you got it. I think I am too new and need to post more to the forum first? Let me know if you received it. Anyway, thanks for your message. I'd love to be buddies and share stories, obstacles and successes if you can - because it seems like we have similar goals. Congrats on your success. Keep it up! You mentioned drinking tea - is that because you like it or does it help with your weight loss somehow? I'm still trying to ween myself off of coffee but having a hard time. I need the caffeine! Do you have any input regarding caffeine? I've seen it both ways. Some articles say it's good help jump start your day and your work outs to get the most out of it. Others say to stay away all together because it will dehydrate you. Any input? Others are welcome to answer too :)

Janet

Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading the many posts and everyone is so supportive. I have been a yo-yo dieter for since my teens but 2 years ago I was able to drop over 50 pounds by just making a change to my eating style. I still ate the same amount of food per day but I ate every three hours. I have gained some back as my mom became ill and I ate from stress. She died last year and now I am ready to take control. I started eating every 3 hours on Jan 1, 2009 and feel so much better. I noticed within days the increase in my energy level. The weight is coming off and I am on my way.
Just wanted to say hello to the other 40ers and looking forward to meeting buddies. Is anyone else eating every 3 hours?
Marge

clayr
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi all

Susan- I hear you about the blazing start, I'm an expert at weight loss( though the zen of maintenance has alluded me) and can start a plan pretty quickly and lose steam just as fast. The last 2 days have been a bit bingy for me, but I went grocery shopping this morning and stocked up on essentials, and I got the trigger foods out. I'm 3 weeks into this this I am not quitting because of a couple of bumps.

Forme01- Hooray, for throwing the doughnut away! :carrot:

gigglez
01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Good afternoon everyone. WTG on tossing the doughnut forme and also WTG beemer for driving by krispy kreme. Yesterday it was way too cold to get out and go to the plex for my workout and today work in getting in the way of it. I hate that when life gets in the way. Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing and to wish everyone a great Friday. Time to get ready to leave for work......GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR

elfinsnow
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Ladies!
Congrats on the willpower! OMG- they have a hot sign in the donut shop? That would be SUCH a temptation!!

Well- good week here. I didn`t weigh in yet, and not sure how good it will be. We ate out twice this week. I went to the gym 2 or 3 times, but worked out at home 5 nights. We have been doing a yoga video alot- a biggest loser one- and I really like that. We also have a cycle, stairclimber, and an ab machine that Ive been using this week.
I am feeling slimmer this week- and stronger. I needed to switch things up, and this is going to help.
Have a good night all!
Terry

forme01
01-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Hello everyone~
I SO appreciate the support and encouragement.
clayr~ Bumps should not derail us, but remind us to hold on tight to that which we truly desire. Be proud that you're keeping your focus...and before too long you'll have more successes to celebrate. I stocked up on legal foods last night too. It's amazing that even my refrigerator looks different when I'm OP.
gigglez~TGIF. It's a three day weekend for me. My youngest will be 7 on Sunday...I'm praying now for resolve to "just say no" to birthday cake.
Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.
elfinsnow~Way to go! I wish I had the discipline for regular organized exercise. (I know, I know, I won't get it by wishing!)

gigglez
01-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Good evening all.

Elfnsnow I am sssssssooooooooo wishing you into onederland soon. You are so close!!!!!!!

Forme01 you will find a way to resist the cake or limit yourself to one slice. I know that it is hard remember that you can do it!

With so much cold weather I am hoping that tomorrow we at least hit the 20's. I have plans to meet some of my friends and workout tomorrow evening so I hope that the weather will be with us. Catch everyone later getting ready to hit the hay.

gigglez
01-17-2009, 09:42 AM
You know I have been reading thru some of the other threads and was wondering just exactly how different are some of the jean sizes. An example is that one on thread someone was waiting to get into a 12 and was at 160, when I was at 172 there were some 16s that wouldn't fit and then there were some 14's that worked. This has never ceased to amaze me. Not too long ago I was at a Gabrel Bros store and got into a 16. I knew that they were missed size. Just rambling on about this but I was wondering if anyone else has thought about this.

Onmyway
01-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Gigglez,
I have been thinking the same thing. I think different body types make the difference. I also think different people have different views of what "fit" means. I can't or should I say won't wear things that are skin tight. Others do.

On a side note. I weighed 199 today! I am so excited. I'm going shopping to celebrate. We'll see what size I need today!

Have a great day!

forme01
01-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Hello all~
I was about to eat the house so I decided to check in here. I hope all are having a productive day.
Thanks for the encouragement, gigglez! 20 degrees for the high?? Brrrr....
My kids are outside in short sleeved shirts. I see you live in KY. . How far are you from Pine Knot? I agree, jeans do run crazy sizewise.
I hear you onmyway...some wear them painted on! And
CONGRATULATIONS on making it to onederland. You are proof that it can be done, and a shining example for us. Way to go!
I'll check in tomorrow!

srmb60
01-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh that first day of work after vacation!

I was sure I'd come home and flop on the sofa. But I don't feel too bad. I ate more than usual but work was fairly busy. And I still felt like doing something this evening so I did back and biceps.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Lori Bell
01-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Hi.

I'm Lori and I have been posting on 3FC for a while, I've lost 143 pounds in the last year and 83 since being a member here. I've never really found my niche here, (as with my life in general), but think chatting with those in the same age group would be nice.

A little about me. I'm a 43 year old SAHM and have been for the last 16 years. I was a book keeper in my past life, and have held various at home part time jobs throughout the last several years to keep my skills sharp.

I have 2 sons, My oldest is 16 and is autistic. He makes life interesting, difficult and exciting all at the same time! I also have a 10 year old son who is just a regular guy, but has a weight problem developing. I'm hoping by changing my ways, it will also help him. I truly believe children learn what they live. I have been married for almost 20 years, (in April) to a man who would give me the world if he could. The problem is, what I want most he can't give me. I have to do it myself.

I've had a weight problem most of my life. I've yo-yoed for many years. My only real goal in this latest adventure is to maintain a reasonable weight for the rest of my life... Like others, I'm great at losing weight...I suck at maintaining it. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Hattie22
01-18-2009, 08:10 AM
:welcome:Lori Bell: Wow! Thanks for joining us here! You have done an awesome job and it helps me feel that I can do it too!

Onmyway: I am celebrating with you!! I can't wait to be there with you! :bravo::congrat::cheer::balloons::celebrate: Le tus know how the celebration shopping goes.

Susan: Way to go pushing yourself! You are doing it!

forme01: So... is the house safe? LOL I have been so hungry lately. In the 5 mths of my new life, I have not been sooo hungry. I am hoping that it is a winter thing and I am going to keep getting by until the spring. I think it is so funny that when a storm is coming, the grocery shelves empty out. Like people won't be able to get out for days!

gigglez: I agree with others...lots of factors. Sizes are different by brands and different body shapes account for a lot. Then there are some that love tight clothes..not me. I was noticing that a lot of people, weighing more than me and same height were wearing smaller sizes. When I thought about where I have my weight, I realized it does make a difference. Sometimes the legs are huge and the waist is small. If you have more weight in the gut and butt, you have to go bigger. If you have more in the thighs you might go smaller. I just figure that I will get there someday and I try not to worry about it. I might go shopping today for smaller clothes. I need dress pants for work that won't fall down.LOL Good thing for my pride, bad thing for the wallet.

Hi to everyone! I will check back later! Let's go everyone!

clayr
01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot:Onmyway:carrot::carrot: :carrot: WooHoo!!!

Hi Lori Bell welcome :) This is always the first place I come at 3 chicks.

Susan- I always feel good after a bicep work-out, good job.

I've got AF visiting right now and am bingy and emotional, I'm still putting all my food in Fitday, so I'm not blindly eating, but my control and sense of peace is "off". My workouts have been good and are helping through it all.

gigglez-Sizing is strange. Trying to find things that fit is maddening, I have tried taking up sewing in the past because I want clothes that actually fit, instead of sort of fit, but I don't have the patience to learn.

elfinsnow
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
ONM- WTG GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome!!!

Hey Lori- Its nice to meet you! We have alot in common I see. I`m a book keeper, and other than the last 2 yrs I have been a wahm. What an awesome weight loss you have had- that is so encouraging!! Any secrets to share?? Glad you popped in.

Have a great sunday everyone!
Terry

delafax
01-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Hello Everyone,
Being new to 3FC I just have to say that this is a great site and I have already met wonderful people. It's nice to connect with people who know exactly what you are going through. Having friends and family members to talk to is fine but they really don't understand.
Since Jan 1, 09 I have lost 12 pounds. (When can I post a weight ticker?)

Onmyway
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Lori,
I remember you from the Onederland thread. You are doing great and an inspiration ofr all of us. Saw the photos you posted, you are looking great. Keep it up!

Had to buy new bras yesterday. I have lost a cup size. Oh well!!! Also tried on lots of pants. I did find a pair of 16s that fit. Can't tell you when I last fit into a 16. It felt really good.

Lucked out and found a Wii Fit tiday. Can't wait to try it out!

Have a great day! Thanks everyone for all your cheers. This place is a great place to be!

delafax
01-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Onmyway
I've been looking for a wii so I can get a wii fit. I have been to 4 stores and they are sold out. Let us know how you like the wii fit.
Delafax

Onmyway
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Delafax,
Best Buy had them in their ad today. When I got to the store right before they opened there were already people waiting. They were giving out tickets for the wii and wii fit. Luckily we got one. Some people said they had gotten there as early as 6:30. I just tried some of the games. I think this will be a good addition to my exercise program. Now if my kids will give their mother a turn from time to time!!!!!

Beemer
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM
That is the problem in our house!! The kids hog the Wii most of the time so I don't do the Wii Fit as much as I thought I would. I enjoy the boxing part of it and the skiing games. I never thought I would like a video game! We love to do the bowling as a family. It is a blast and I bowl much better than in real life, LOL!!

Windchime
01-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Beemer, I started running around age 40. I always hated it before but for some reason it clicked this time.

For the past couple of years, I've had the urge to become a runner. It usually strikes me when I'm in the mode of walking a couple of miles each night. I'm just too heavy on top right now to consider it; I've never really found an athletic bra that can handle my "girls". Even the ones for "big chests" seem to mostly go up to the DD range and that's just not enough (she says modestly). Thanks to some links I've found through this forum, I did find some bras that look a little beefier but I really wish I could try them on first. I live in the middle of nowhere so that's just a dream. Once the roads clear up, I may need to head to the Seattle area and see if I can have any luck over there.

AspiringButterfly
01-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone! I am 46 with six children altogether - 27, 26, 24, 22, 20, 15 and this year will have been married 17 years! I have two grandsons, 3 and 1 years old. We have three chihuahuas and a cat. I felt like the holidays there was just too much stress and distraction to stick to any kind of exercise or eating regime. But, I am ready now. We got a Wii fit and we just LOVE IT! I highly recommend them to anyone - especially people like me who hate to exercise. I've also started back on the treadmill. Not trying to get skinny, just trying to be healthier and ensure that I'm around to see my grandkids and be around to do stuff with my hubby/best friend. Here's hoping we all have a healthy and fit 2009!!!

Windchime
01-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Windchime you will find the machine that you are looking for. Have you thought to see if there are any gyms around that are getting rid of any equipment. Seems like it would be cheap and more than likely they will have been maintained. Just a thought.

I actually did do that, Gigglez, but not on purpose! I went to the only place in town (other than Sears) that carries ellipticals and they did say they'd make me a "good deal" on a used machine but my goodness, that thing was HUGE! I never did find out what a "good deal" is because their new, non-commercial machines were over $2500 so I figured the used commercial machine would be equally spendy.

I think I have settled on a Sole machine. I've been paying for an unused gym membership for a couple of years so I'll cancel that and put the money towards the Sole. The sad thing is....I have a huge basement that's basically unused but because my house was built in 1929, the ceiling is only 7 feet tall so I would be bonking my head when using my elliptical if I put it down there (I'm 5'11"). So I'm planning to ditch the dining room table and put the elliptical machine there!

Windchime
01-18-2009, 04:21 PM
You know I have been reading thru some of the other threads and was wondering just exactly how different are some of the jean sizes. An example is that one on thread someone was waiting to get into a 12 and was at 160, when I was at 172 there were some 16s that wouldn't fit and then there were some 14's that worked. This has never ceased to amaze me. Not too long ago I was at a Gabrel Bros store and got into a 16. I knew that they were missed size. Just rambling on about this but I was wondering if anyone else has thought about this.

Yeah, I'm confused about this, too. Years ago (pre-baby), I weighed 155-160 and am 5'11". I look at pictures of myself and I had NO stomach at all. Flat. And I wore a size 12 or 13 in jeans. So I'm VERY confused at people who are roughly the same weight, lots shorter, and wearing a size 4! How in the heck does that work!? My measurements at the time were 38-26-38 (I remember because the lady who measured me for my wedding gown seemed impressed, lol).

delafax
01-18-2009, 04:28 PM
OK, I really want a wii now. I went to 2 more stores today and they are sold out. I'll keep trying.
I'm having a good day of eating healthy - every 3 hours. Tonight we are having Flounder. I already had my first dinner at 4pm.

srmb60
01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
I set up my boxes of chopped salad stuff again today. It's too easy for me to grab any old thing to eat so ... I'll make my salad fixin's easier to grab.

delafax
01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Susan B
I've been thinking I need to do that so making a salad isn't so time consuming. I just discovered a new item in my salad that I enjoy...mandarin oranges.
So, how much do you make? Enough to last say 3 days or so?

elfinsnow
01-18-2009, 06:26 PM
I love my wii fit! We bought it off ebay- wii, fit, and several games. Got a great deal. craigslist often has them too. 3 months later and we still use it regularly.

I get so sick of salads- lol. I mix it up alot though. I like sliced apples and walnuts with low fat crumbly bleu cheese, or mandarin oranges and chow mein noodles (chicken too if a meal) and sesame seed dressing. I also like to add pea pods, bean sprouts, grapes, sunflower seeds, edamine, raw fresh peas, carrots slices, and red onion. Depending on my mood-lol. Anyone have anything else yummy-different- they add??

The size thing is weird. I am down to a 14 (loose) now at 201, but when I was gaining weight I went into a 16 at around 180. I know my muscle tone is better, and I carry the weight differently. My legs and butt have slimmed significantly because of the eliptical and my work outs.
Terry

srmb60
01-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Delafax? I just buy stuff and chop it up. If green onions are on sale 2/something. I chop up both bunches. When I run out of something, I buy something else. It depends on the prices and what I fancy.
I usually have a shoebox sized container with lettuce and a spare head. But I'm not the only one here who eats it.
It's really important to me that I don't run out of everything at the same time. I don't mind a salad with just lettuce once in a while. But like Terry, I like to mix it up.
Today we had ... green onions (now finished), romaine, lentils, almonds, grated zucchini, mushrooms, celery and olives. Since I ran out of onions, I might run to the store tomorrow and get some kind of onions and something else that's a good deal.

gigglez
01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
:welcome3: Lori Bell and Butterfly :welcome3: You both will love it here!

Onmyway :carrot::congrat::stars: Onederland!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!! Just remember to buy us all something when you shop LOLOL!!!! Had to buy bras as well. Wish that playtex would make a nearly D cup. It is so odd when you are between a C and a D. Where do you go. Maybe the girls will get to whatever they are suppose to be soon.

Forme haven't herd of PineKnot. Pine Gap yeah. I am in the south eastern part of the state. I can be in Va in about 40 mins. Depends on the traffic.

Clayr I can remember those AF times. So happy that it happens no more. Every now and again I get a little moody when it should have been but it isn't anything that I can't deal with.

Delafax you will find you a wii soon. Had to hunt for one around Christmas as I decided to give one away at the store I work at.

Hattie you don't know the half of it in the grocery store with a snow storm. We schedule extra ppl with a hint of a storm. There are people flocking in and out to get things and many of them are *****ing because they may have to wait a few mins. to get checked out. All of the checkouts are busy and ppl still don't have the patience. Then you get those ppl who buy way too much things meat mainly and then they ***** and gripe at us a few days later if they loose power and the meat goes bad. You want to tell them well duh you knew it was going to snow and that the power might go get over it but you can't. Sorry I can rant on this for days. I just thing that ppl need to realize that they aint going to be snowed in for weeks.

Hope that everyone has had a great weekend. Tomorrow is going to be a bad one for me. Have to get up early to get my son to the orthdonist about 8 am and then on to work. Hate having to rush. Oh well. Everyone have a super week.

Bigmid
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking this website for about 5 years now and just joined up the other day. This is my first post (lucky you)LOL I am 42 and need to start OP again. I did well doing WW on my own but went off late fall and never got back on again. It got really cold here early winter and my body seemed to go into major hibernation mode and I haven't really tried to stop it. I need to do something though as I am only 10lbs away from my heaviest. The big difference now is that with age my middle spread is really taking over. I have been heavy all my life but in good porportion. Now I am super middle heavy. I am starting WW again tomorrow on my own and it is nice to know that there is a very good support system in place here. I am single no kids and I manage a photo lab so very interesting work. Look forward to getting to know all of you.:)

srmb60
01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Good morning!

Hi Bigmid! I've decided that we just can't get to be 40-something without experiencing regain at least a couple of times. Sadly.

I'm up one pound from Friday. Although I exercised everyday, I was not cautious enough with food. But we all know how easily one pound comes and goes don't we?
All in all ... I have a net loss for last week so that's fine.

Lori Bell
01-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome ladies!

That size thing floors me too. I'm 5'7" and 190 and still in 16's for the most part. I can get into some "new" size 14's. I'm actually proportioned well...nothing is bigger than the rest, it's all big...lol

I have noticed that clothing sizes have gotten bigger. When I started gaining weight, I did save and pack away some of my nicer clothes in hopes of wearing them again. Well, I can tell you without out a doubt, that a size 16 fifteen years ago is now like a size 14 today. And a size 16 twenty five years ago is like a size 12 today. The first diet I ever went on I was 15 years old and a Freshman in HS. I was a little shorter, maybe an inch. I'll never forget when I reached 170 pounds and I split a pair of size 20 slacks because they were so tight. I'll never forget the aweful things my "Marine" father said to me. I went on a diet and got to 135 and wore a size 12.

forme01
01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Good morning all!
A warm welcome to our new friends. Way to go everyone for sticking with it...win, lose or draw! :)
Just a quick WOOHOO for me...I actually exercised today. My legs twitch and the sweat rolls off my forehead as I type this now, but I just did (most of) level one on Jillian's 30 day shred. It's humbling to realize how out of shape I let myself get, but hopeful that there is a road home. I love that you guys are on the parade there!
Wishing everyone good choices and strong decisions because we are worth it.

Hattie22
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
:welcome:Bigmid!! We are lucky to have you with us!!! I noticed that when I was gaining weight it was all going to my upper stomach, which it never had before. I am 48. Now that I am losing, the losses are showing in all areas.

Forme01: You go girl!:cheer2:

Susan: It will be gone! It will be gone! I command it!

gigglez: I give you credit! I used to work in retail and it is not an easy job! Nobody has patience anymore!

I have to share: This weekend was a down weekend for me. Eating was OP and I took two days off of exercise. I lost a pound so that wasn't too bad. TOM came for the first time in three mths. (Think I am starting the M word...eeekkk) Saturday was hard. Just felt sad. Sunday was better. Today is even better, but still not my usual self. I did exercise yesterday and made myself to the treadmill this morning. I wanted to go out all weekend and get a pair of nice pants to wear to work because mine are too big. I couldn't motivate myself to go. So today I pushed myself out the door and went. I have been wearing size 22s. So I reached for an 18, thinking "I don't know...they look small." I tried them on and they fit ...even a little baggy. I went and got a 16 just to see. I was able to zip and belt them but they felt tight and decided to go with the 18. I couldn't believe I looked so small in the mirror...well so much smaller. I asked my daughter is it the mirror or am I really that much smaller? She said that that was what I looked like. I couldn't believe it! I haven't been to a store to try anything on in 5mths and 46 lbs ago. Now I can't wait to lose more and get that feeling again. It is working...it really is! This is the time that I am going to do it forever! Since the scale is crawling down right now, this was the best thing to do.

Sorry to go on and on but I just had to share this with my buddies! Thanks for reading and THANKS for being here!!!

Lori Bell
01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
That's awesome Hattie, you totally skipped the size 20's.

There is something quite inspirational about getting into the teens! Yea for you!

gigglez
01-19-2009, 10:57 PM
WTG Hattie!!!!!!!!!!!! It feels so good to go down in size doesn't it. I tried on some pants at Goody's today seeing how they are going out of business and there were some good deals to be had. Got a 16 on buttoned but couldn't zip because the zipper wasn't all there so now I will never know. Couldn't find another 16 in the same jean. That's my luck. The big M isn't too bad. Went thru it almost 6 yrs ago(feb will make 6) and the only thing that gets me now is the hot flashes. I had the worst time about the first 3 months after hyst but hey now it isn't too bad. Just remember that there is HRT and you have to decided for yourself if you want it and if the benefits outweigh the risk.

Welcome Bigmid!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing more of you here. Gotta get time to sleep have to work an extra day tomorrow. YUCK!

Onmyway
01-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Good evening! Hope everyone had a great day. We had the day off from school for MLK. I love 3 day weekends! I spent about 1 hr. on the Wii fit today. It's a blast! You don't even realize you are exercising.

Welcome bigmid, you've come to the right place for support and inspiration for your weight loss journey. Hope to see more of you!

Congrats on your shopping trip hattie, I'm thinking I should go shopping every few weeks, not necessarily to buy but just to try different stuff on!

Great job exercising forme01, there has to be a first time for everything, keep it up!

Hang in there Susan, with exercise every day the scale has got to start moving in the right direction!

Sleep good gigglez!

Thanks for posting and keeping this thread going!

srmb60
01-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Afternoon! Everybody being good today?

delafax
01-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I was excited to come home from work this afternoon to find something I had ordered last week came in the mail today. I ordered several custom silicone wristbands for myself. I ordered 4 different colors so I can coordinate with my clothes...lol I have the message "Goal of 150 lbs by 8-15-09" on it. It also has my saying which is "Let It Go" I now have one on my right wrist ( the hand that I would use to open the frig) By the way 8-15-09 is my birthday and I am determined to hit my goal weight by then.
Has anyone else used one of these custom wristbands?

gigglez
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
OMG Dleafax what a great idea!!!!!! I would have never thought of that. What better way to keep yourself going that to have that reminder of your wrist.

This weather has gotten me inside. I can't stand being kept inside! I usually go to the plex daily and workout, but with the temps but in the single digits and below zero have gotten to get out and go there since Sat. It wouldn't be so bad, but with the mountains that you have to travel it isn't the best ideal to go after work. Workouts have been mini ab workouts at home. I am hoping that tomorrow that I am able to make it there are the weather will work with the travel. It is so bad to have to worry about weather you can make it back home or not. Wish that my little house was big enough for some equiptment, barely have room to do a dvd workout. Hope that everyone has had a great day. Here is to a wonderful Wednesday!

Bigmid
01-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Thank you all for the welcome. I hear you on the clothing sizes all being so different and also where you end up buying your clothes. It would be nice to just go into anystore and picking up a 16 or 18 and being able to get that size in all the stores. Way to go on the new cloths and the exercise success I hope I can get the motivaton to join you all on doing this. I still haven't got to that happy place in my head about the weight loss journey. I know once I find that the battle will get eaiser. I need to get myself a WII if I can ever find one in stock. They are so fun to work out with.

forme01
01-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Good morning!
Bigmid~ There are Wii's on Amazon. I bought one at GameStop, but couldn't find Wii Fit locally. I found it on Amazon...it's enroute, so I'll be doing the package dance that delafax did :) in a few days. "That happy place" made me laugh...but trust me...it comes once you get in the swing of taking care of you! Never thought about the custom wristband...The problem with me and "reminders" is that I too soon become accustomed and don't "notice" them. Way to go on those smaller pants, Hattie!
I did my second day on Jillian's Shred DVD. SAD how out of shape I am! I work for an agency that serves adults with developmental disablities...and we operate a thrift shop. In the donations yesterday was Yoga Booty Ballet...OF COURSE I picked it up. That's fun...but a little too funky for my boys to watch...;)

Wishing all continued progress and success.

Hattie22
01-24-2009, 10:08 AM

Is everyone keeping it going? Winter months are hard! Spring is coming so let's get it going.:carrot:

Delafax: Love the bracelet thing!! I wear a thin leather bracelet that I can put beads on for every 5 lbs lost. It really has helped me! The reminder is great! I didn't know you could customize one of those bracelets.

Ok...time for another 40 something question:

What was your favorite cartoon?

Mine was Atom ant. Not sure why, except he was sooo cute!
Up, up, and away..Atom Ant!!!

Beemer
01-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Haven't posted anything for a few days but have been OP and exercising regularly. I will be bumping up my running on the treadmill to 2.5 miles next week. We will see how that goes. I am actually craving running which is something I never thought I would do or say. I am going out to buy good shoes and running clothes today. I didn't even feel guilty eating cheesecake at my husbands work party last night knowing I had run that day. I didn't even go over my calorie count for the day either. I also have lost tons of inches doing it even though the scale has not gone down hugely. I guess I am building more muscle. Anyway, as far as favorite childhood cartoon it would have to be Speedy Gonzales. I liked it when he talked about his cousin Slowpoke Rodriguez. I also loved UnderDog and Rocky and Bullwinkle.

elfinsnow
01-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I always loved Popeye. My favorite is Charlie brown though.

WTG on the inches Beemer! And keep it up everyone else!!

My Biggest Loser contest ended. Today was the awards and announcements. I won 3rd place! :)
I joined the next one- it starts next Saturday. I want to lose 30 more in this one.

I am working on my menu for the week. I found I need that.
I`ll start a thread on it. Hopefully I can get some new ideas- Im in a rut.

Have a good weekend all!!
Terry

forme01
01-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello everyone...I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend.
I had a slip yesterday. Too many things to do and not enough time to do them...lost my focus and went on what my friend calls "auto pilot" (no thinking, just doing). I'm back on track today. I need to chart my calories for a few days...I think I'm undereating...(Imagine THAT!?!) I certainly didn't get this way by undereating. The exercise is actually going well. Time forced me to take a day off yesteday, but I'll be back on track this afternoon.

You guys have a much better memory than I do...but the reminders make me smile.

Have a great weekend.

Onmyway
01-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Had a pretty good week. Weighed in today and stayed the same. Better than a gain. I'm hoping next week is bigger. That seems to be a pattern for me.

I have really enjoyed the Wii fit. Also got a WATP dvd today. I'll see how that goes, I know many people like them.

Elf, I could definitely use some new menu ideas. I too, am in a rut. Thanks for the new thread, I will definitely check it out.

As for cartoons, I liked the Flintstones and Archie. I was also a big fan of Afterschool Specials, anyone remember those?

Have a great weekend!

elfinsnow
01-24-2009, 04:17 PM
omw- I love the walk away videos. :) Havent used them in awhile though. The walk/kick one is fun!
We love our fit too. Use it alot. :)
The core strength you build is amazing.

Form- for me auto pilot is dangerous. My pilot is always hungry.
:)

Terry

forme01
01-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Just a quick check in before I shut things down for the night.
onmyway~ Staying the same IS better than a gain. I'm hoping my Wii fit comes in on Monday. Jillian killed my thighs, Yoga Booty Ballet got my hips...not sure what's left, but I like variety. I LOVED the afterschool specials too!
elf, you are FUNNY! My pilot was evidently hungry too! I need to maintain the drivers seat...with ALL my faculties!
I'll check in tomorrow sometime.
Have a great night.

clayr
01-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi all, My week has been pretty good a couple of really low calorie days, a couple of really high. My exercise has been good and I've been eating healthy (albeit high sometimes) calories, so I feel great.

Cartoons... Bugs Bunny, I can still sing some of the schoolhouse rock songs...

"I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on capital hill..."

Shannon
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Has anyone ever noticed it is harder to stay on program during the weekend. I look forward to the weekend to have time off from work, but is when it seems that I completely get off track. So many things to do and not enough time. When I get through doing everything on my list I completely forgot about my program. I have done really good all week, weighed in yesterday and had actually lost 3.5 pounds, but after yesterday afternoon and today I'm pretty sure I put half of that back on! Guess I need to find more ME time on the weekends. Well hope everyone has a wonderful next week and Good Luck!!!! Huggers :hug:

playdohv
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi I am new to this. I have never really had to diet but I am now there. I am watching my weight go up and I don't really eat any different then I used to. Getting older sucks! Its finding it's way to my belly and back end. Ugg! I eat pretty well so I am at a loss as to how to get the weight to stop going up. I guess exercise, ugg again. I work full time and go to school part-time so I am exhausted. Oh, I also have two teen boys and a husband that eat like there is no tomorrow and CAN! Any suggestions on a weight loss program that might work? Playdohv

Windchime
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Has anyone ever noticed it is harder to stay on program during the weekend. I look forward to the weekend to have time off from work, but is when it seems that I completely get off track.

Hi Shannon,

I actually seem to do better on the weekends, but I think that's because my kids are grown and (almost) out of the house so I don't have a lot of kid/family related things to do on the weekend. During the week, I'm sitting at my desk all day long and I have to fight the urge to snack. I'm a programmer, and when my mind hits a tricky spot, my first thought is always, "Hey, maybe a snack would help."

I keep getting lost in all the hallways around here, but I think I saw someplace (?) that I have to post 20 times before I can have a ticker. Is that correct? If so, I'm almost there so I may be a postin' fool today!

Onmyway
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree, the weekends are harder. I pack my lunch during the week so only eat what I bring. When I am home the entire fridge and pantry are fair game!

Welcome Playdohv, this is a great place for advice as well as support. Hope you find what you need to make your journey a success!

Start out small, maybe journaling what you eat to see exactly how many calories you consume. Then add an activity like walking or an exercise dvd. You'll feel better with some exercise and hopefully you will see some results on the scale!

forme01
01-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Good evening gang~
Balance is good clayr...Keep up the good work. The higher days will prevent you from feeling deprived. You reminded me (with Bugs Bunny) that I used to watch Roadrunner with my dad. (I didn't like it, but he did. :)) Schoolhouse rocks rocked! :)
Shannon...weekends are more difficult for me too. Like onmyway, the kitchen is an oyster. (Thankfully I don't like oysters...or the potential pounds the food in my kitchen would add to my weight loss efforts...so it's ROUGH!) Right before I logged on tonight, I was beginning to forage...decided it was better to redirect here. :) Awesome job losing 3.5! WOOHOO! Let's hope any damage you did was temporary, and you can get back on track tomorrow.
Welcome playdohv! If you eat well, you may just want to seek out some low carb options, or add activity to your days.
Windchime, it's 20 posts AND about 20 days. I should be eligible for mine soon. :)
Wishing everyone a fabulous week ahead! Keep up the efforts!

gigglez
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
:welcome: Playdohv! This is such a great place, such a wealth of information and support like none other.

As for the cartoon, I would have to say buggs and I too remember those school house rock songs Clayr. I think that I like the conjunction junction what's your function one too. And also Fat Albert was a favorite cartoon too. I liked mushmouth.

Beemer WTG on those inches. I am looking forward to seeing some of the inches leave. I think that when I went down a cup size I was tickled. The girls shrinking was GREAT!

Elf can't wait to see you new thread. It does get hard to think of new and different things to fix esp. when you are trying to eat healthy.

It seems as if everyone has had a pretty good weekend. I have had one of those awful ones. My son was at Winter Blitz in Louisville with his youth group, while there he got into one of those moods and wanted to kill himself. This is about the 4th time in about 6 years that he wanted to do so. Needless to say that pretty much unnerved me the whole weekend. I was so lucky to have a friend's son there and he called her and she let me know what was going on. I called and talk to my son and from what I was told he got over his state rather quickly this time that is. Didn't do so well on the eating, did give in to those chips and dips, but did do a killer workout on Fri and Sat. Sunday was my off day from workouts. Here's to a week of us all being OP and kicking butt!

Bigmid
01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Wow it sounds like everyone has had a productive couple of days. I kept myself busy with an online scrapbook challange and actually got some pages done. On Sat. I went shopping and found a Wii...now to find the Wii fit. I weighed in this morning (1st week) and lost 5lbs. Not sure if it's right I was just cutting back this week not going full force on point. But I'll take it.

Welcome Playdohv hope you enjoy it here. I am and you can see I too am new. Congrats Beemer on the inches that is way more important than the actual pounds. Elfinsnow congrats on the 3rd place win that's awesome, how does one go about signing up for the challange. Gigglez I hope all is well with you son now it can hard. But way to go on still working out the chips and dip won't hurt unless they are every day.

Sorry if I missed anyone here's to a great week ahead for everyone.

CruiseCAT
01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

I have been active on TBL threads but decided I needed to get over here and post more.

Last week was not a good week for me emotionally; however, I did stay OP except one day that I ate over 2100 calories. TOM came and went and I am now back to being excited about healthy living. Best of all I reached one of my mini goals; I am no longer obese!!!

OK... that's it for me.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week.

forme01
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
CONGRATULATIONS on your progress Cruise! Hope you enjoy your time here. Keep working your program...it IS worth it!
Bigmid~ Good luck finding your Wii Fit. Mine was delivered to work today. I hope my 12 year old doesn't have homework so he can set me up.
Gigglez~ It's sad to hear your son was struggling. Emotional issues are BIG triggers for me too...but you exercised! :) Way to go!
Hubby comes home from work tomorrow :I Not sure how much that'll affect my program or posts, but I'll do my best!
Hoping all have a great day!

sillycat4
01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I knew I'd gained some.. had no idea how much... ack...

After all that work to lose the 47 to gain in a couple of monts 10 back - makes me mad!

Gotta get back at it and jst move forward. again...

Hattie22
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
That's it Sillycat!!! Forget the ten. You stopped at only ten! It will come right back off! Just begin anew. You can do it and will do it!!! :congrat: on stopping the gain!

forme01: Just think of your name...FOR ME! Don't let your hubby coming home derail you!

Cruisecat: :congrat: on making that milestone! That is awesome!!!

:congrat: Bigmid on the 5 lbs!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Way to go!!

gigglez: :hug::hug: to you! Just keep strong and healthy for your son. He needs you.

Shannon: :congrat: to you for the 3.5 lbs. :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

playdohv: :welcome3: You will be a great addition to our group! Your name reminds me of playdoh. I loved that stuff! Loved the smell! That.. and remember the smell of a new box of crayons? Good feelings!

Hi to everyone I did not mention this go around!

fitredchick
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi everyone....ok, favourite toy when I was little.... I think Barbies! My sisters and I used to set up elaborate Barbie houses in our basement...we spent hours playing pretend with all our Barbie adventures.

Outside....skipping! We had the whole neighbourhood over and we would skip for hours...I still remember all those skipping songs. :)

That sounds like a good activity to do...skip! Great cardio and lots of fun. Except now, will have to find a way to keep my boobs from flopping too much...might put an eye out! :0)

momof4boys
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading this forum for 5 and 1/2 months now. I started out at 232 and am down to 180 -want to end up at 155 to 159 (I'm 5'7'). I've been taking a boot camp class 3 times a week (an 1 1/2 hour class) have built up alot of muscle and can finally wear a pair of guess jeans size 31.

I keep to 1200 calories a day for the most part and read this site when I get ansy-so thanks everyone for all the inspiration!

Onmyway
01-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Welcome and way to go momof4boys! You are doing great. Be sure to post some of your secrets so we can all learn from your success. This site is a great source of friendship and support. Glad to have you here!

SNOW DAY here! Yahoo no school for me!

forme01
01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Good morning gang!
Bright and colorful post, Hattie. LOVE IT...and thanks for the advice. His halftime presence is something I'm going to have to deal with in continuation and maintenance of this program. Guess a heart to heart will be first on the agenda.
fitred, you made me laugh! Skipping may be hazardous for some. :) As for my favorite toy, all I can think of is my Mrs. Beasley doll.
Welcome mom of 4...Thanks for contributing! Our stats are similiar...YOU INSPIRE ME! Continue to visit, and please...post suggestions and tips.

Hope everyone makes great choices today!

Bigmid
01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Good morning (or afternoon) to everyone how is everybody today. I am at work and should actually be working but I needed a little pick me up so I came to say hello and see what everyone was up to. I have been having monthly food cravings for salt and sugar and have given in a little to them. I hope it goes away soon. I have to say I think my favorite toy growing up was the barbie but I always wanted a litebrite. Have a great day.:)

Hattie22
01-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi all!

firredchick: Skipping...is that jump roping? I loved that also!!

Here is one:
Not last night but the night before
Twenty-four robbers came knocking at my door
As I ran out..(run out of rope)
They ran in..(run in)
HMMM...Anyone know the rest?

Here is another:
Spanish dancers turn around
Spanish dancers touch the ground
Spanish Dancers give a high kick
Spanish dancers get out of town quick!

Forme01: The Mrs. Beasley Doll? Sounds familiar. I will have to look it up.

:welcome3: momof4boys: I think I am just a little behind you in time and weight loss. I started in Aug. and am at 49 lbs down. Can't wait for the big 50!

Let's go everyone!!! We can do it!!! :cheer::cheer:

fitredchick
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Hattie...yes, that's rope jumping....we did it all..including double dutch..(two ropes going at the same time)

how's this one "the old grey mare, sitting in her rocking chair, sewing up her underwear, in pops a grizzly bear (another skipper jumps in) ...and out she pops" (the first skipper jumps out)

LOL...haven't thought of those in a long time. Not familiar with the little songs you mention...

Today...went to yoga for one hour, then to the Y and did a workout there for another hour. (Yes, I did work today too...working now in fact in my home office)

I think working from home has made a difference in how I use my time...instead of getting into the habit of working in front my my computer...I have made "appointments" for excerise...and put them right into my day timer....it does work!

have a great evening all :)

Onmyway
01-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Here's what I remember...
As I ran out, they ran in
Hit me on the head with a rolling pin.
Asked them what they wanted and this is what they said
Spanish dancers.....

I think that's how it goes! Too funny! Have a great evening!

CanadaMel
01-27-2009, 07:22 PM
hi all, sorry I haven't been too active. I was on a weightloss board on another site & participation has rapidly dwindled. I will try & focus on being more active over here, though I'm terrible with names so you'll have to forgive me.

I've been chugging along & have lost just over 5 pounds so far. Not as much as I'd like, but I haven't made a lot of changes. Just trying to get my snacking while preparing dinner under control as well as being aware of what (and how much) I'm eating.

Not sure if I mentioned this hear but I've been listening to the inside out weightloss podcasts which I find helpful.

Hope everyone is having a good day
Thanks for reading ;)
Mel

fitredchick
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Hi Mel, which podcasts do you mean...how does one access them?

thank you, Sandra

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/bee01/lb/205/160/202/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

CanadaMel
01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
It's available for free on iTunes or if you google personal life media & inside out weightloss you can listen/download them there as well.

Jumping rope: I used to jump as a little girl, and my mom swears I could double Dutch but I think she's mistaken LOL. One rhyme I remember is:
Down in the valley
The valley so low
There sat (name) pretty as a rose
Then I think you had to jump/spell your name

Beemer
01-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Mrs. Beasley doll!! I had one of those! She had a rubber type head and a cloth body. Her clothes were blue with white polkadots and she wore a matching apron. She had yellow shoes that were cloth and built in. She also talked when you pulled her string unless you had an evil brother's friend who pulled it one too many times hard and broke it!! The doll was from the show Family Affair with the twins Buffy(girl who had the doll) and Jodie(her twin brother) with Uncle Bill who they lived with and their older sister along with Mr. French the butler. Hearing about her again was sure a walk down memory lane for me!

forme01
01-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Good morning!
Hope all are doing well! Gotta make this short...just wanted to check in and wish everyone well. GOT MY FIRST COMPLIMENT YESTERDAY!!! :) My supervisor asked how much I'd loss (she's doing WW)...when I told her about 7 lbs...she said it looked like more. Of course my husband who was gone for 14 days never said a word!!! :( Oh well...sometimes something has to hit him in the head like a wet mop before he gets it!) Time will tell!
Have a great day all.
Lotsa love!!!

Onmyway
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats on the compliment Forme01, I'm sure it will be the first of many! I'm home today again because of snow. 2 snow days in a row! Yesterday I stayed in my jammies most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day, think positive weight loss thoughts!

gigglez
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
WTG Forme01 on the compliment. As for dh they never say anything. I guess they are afraid that they will be wrong.

Hello everyone. Sorta out of it. Was too busy at work on Monday(had more sales on that day than the day before Thanksgiving) closed that night and then had to go in early on Tues in the ice which wasn't worth it but went anyway. Then when I got home last night weather too bad to go and work out so I tried to fix a kerosene heater. Notice that I said tried. Needless to say I am getting another one tomorrow. Never know when we will loose power. So many ppl here have no power and have been told it would be close to a week before they get it back on. Went in at 5 am this morning and now going to take a nap so I can go back in at 4. So no workouts but the food had been good. Lack of sleep tends to help add weight and I hate that. As for the toy I loved jacks. Still do. Just wanted to check in before I pass out for a nap before I go back in.

Hattie22
01-28-2009, 04:34 PM
gigglez: I actually thought of jacks yesterday! I loved them too! I was pretty good and could beat my older brothers and sisters...(Unless they let me win..LOL)

forme01: congrats on the compliment! I am not sure if I want to keep telling people how much I have lost. It is weird. When I tell them 49 lbs. they are shocked! They say,"Wow! 49 lbs! that's a lot!" They probably think to themselves that they couldn't lose 49 lbs or they would waste away. So what do I do when I get to 100? HMMM...I am probably fooling myself. Like they couldn't see I was that heavy! I think I will keep going on telling people because I am proud of it and who cares what they are thinking! Sound right to you?

Onmyway: Snow Day here too! I went into work anyway. The school was closed but I have lots to do. Besides, I am a tech and have to take a vacation day or sick day if I want to get paid. So it was nice and quiet and I got a lot done without interruptions! You are so right with that jump rope song!! As soon as I read it, I remembered that the two went together! Thanks for helping my old memory out!

Why does weight loss have to slow down to a crawl if you are doing everything you need to be doing???? If I am not eating more than I am putting out, why is it not going? If it was the other way around you know I would be gaining quickly. FRUSTRATING! I would be happy with a 1 lb loss to get me to my 50 mark. That is not too much to ask! Ok...I will calm down now. I am soooo anxious to get there. It is worse than waiting for water to boil!

Have a great night everyone! Here is a :gift: (A 1 lb loss for everyone tomorrow! Enjoy!)

forme01
01-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the cheers gang! It did feel good for someone to notice! A couple of REALLY old friends have surfaced recently, and while I'm sorry they have to see me at this weight (I'm sorry to see me at this weight...) I'm hoping to keep touch long enough so that they can see progress! :)
Snow doesn't tempt me, but I'd take a jammie day! I LOVED jacks...
gigglez...I think you're on to something about the dh...He's the poster child for somethings are better left unsaid. Can't imagine the snow mess/inconveniences...but hurricane's treat us the same way here. :(
Hattie, I'm with you. Celebrate your successes! When I can say that I've lost 50 or 60 or 70 (my ultimate goal) I'll be proud to say it! There's a link somewhere about the science of weight loss. The consensus is the same though. STICK WITH IT...wherever you are, there you are. It's sure better than where you'd be if you didn't stick with it! Celebrate your successes thus far...reward yourself for staying OP...Stop watching the pot, and before you know it, it's boiling! :)

Bigmid
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well and staying warm. We are having nice temperatures here this week so no snow day (that's good I am not a fan my motto is if you want to see the snow you can drive to the mountains):) Although I do love to stay in my jammies!! Congrats on the compliment it is very nice to hear those durning our weight loss journey. I seem to be the type that no one notices on til about 20lbs are gone. I finally found my Wii fit this morning so I hope to set it up and try it out tomorrow before work.

Hattie22
01-29-2009, 06:32 PM

I am celebrating today! I have reached my 50 lb lost mark!!!

It feels soooo good! I have a lot more to go but I am very proud of myself that I made this milestone!

Onmyway
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
WAY TO GO HATTIE! That certainly deserves celebrating! Keep up the good work!

gigglez
01-29-2009, 11:12 PM
:bravo::congrat::cheer3::woohoo: WTG Hattie!!!! You are doing such an awesome job. I am so wishing that it was me that was at that 50 lb. loss.

Our local radio station does a yearly contest similar to the Biggest Looser. They call it The Battle of The Buldge. The teams consist of 4 ppl. I have been trying to get 4 ppl to do this but I haven't had too much luck yet. It sucks too as this would be extra motivation for me. I had one of the host of the morning show put my name in just in case someone needs a 4th. I am hopeful that I will be able to get into a team. Wish me luck! Were any of you affected by the ice storm that moved thru earlier this week? The area that I live in was lucky and the worse was that it was bad Tues to go in to work and school was out for a few days, but where my bf lives(about a 40 min drive) there are so many ppl that have been told it would be weeks before they have electric restored. I can help but feel so bad for these ppl. Anyway have went on too long. It is almost the weekend so here is a little help for all of us:dust:! If any of you are like me you need the extra help right now. Hope that everyone's Friday goes great!

CanadaMel
01-30-2009, 12:06 AM
WTG Hattie- congrats on reaching that magical 50 lb mark!!!

sillycat4
01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
only 8 more to go to get back where I belong... I think there's a song in there somewhere...

Must stick to it... why on earth are the holidays so hard???...

Wardhog - you look FABULOUS!!!

Welcome new chicks

now back to reading your posts for inspiration!

Bigmid
01-30-2009, 08:41 PM
:carrot::bravo::cp::broc: Way to go on the 50lbs you must feel incredible. That is such an awesome achievment.

Beemer
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
That is awesome Hattie!! You are halfway to goal now too! Keep up the good work!!

gigglez
01-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Have any of you ever notice that when you have your heart sent on doing something life gets in the way? Can't wait til Spring, that way wont have to worry about the road conditions when I want to get out at night.

forme01
01-30-2009, 09:37 PM
:carrot:CONGRATULATIONS HATTIE! ! ! :carrot:
We're celebrating with you! You serve as an awesome inspiration that it can be done!
Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

gigglez
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
The scale went down another one today. Yeah for me!!!!! I am hoping that it goes down more next week. Here's to a good day to all.

Okpik
02-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Congratulations to Hattie and the rest of you!

I'm new here but I must say when my will power is waning I can recharge here by reading all of your inspirational posts.

Thanks for sharing.

Hattie22
02-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Gigglez: Yeah!! :carrot::congrat: You will join me on that 50 soon!!! Just keep going and before you know it...it will be there!

:welcome3: Okpik: Don't forget that you inspire us also! We are all in this together and we can do it!!! Not tomorrow, Not next week, Not next month, Not next year! The time is now!!

Thank you all for the wonderful congrats!!! You all keep me going!

forme01: I think it was you who wrote to not watch the water boiling. I laughed and you are so right. If we just keep going, it will happen!

Here is three:cheer::cheer::cheer:for us all!! Now...get out there and work your program!

elfinsnow
02-01-2009, 09:38 AM
You did it Hattie! WTG!!! That is so awesome!!
I`m still stuck on 1 lb- ugh.
lol
Wow- we are all going to feel great this summer arent we!!
Terry

gigglez
02-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Yes we are going to feel great this summer. Don't know about the rest of you but I have already started feeling so much better about myself. It is amazing how getting a pair of jeans smaller to almost button feels, or how seeing the scale go down feels. Time to get ready for work hope that everyone has a great Sunday.

Onmyway
02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to say Hi before heading off to the treadmill and church! Hope all of you have a great day and a fun Superbowl Sunday. Try to make good choices, I know it will be hard but we are worth it! Be sure you eat before the party so you are not too hungry when you get there. Have fun!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

gigglez
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Didn't have no trouble with choices tonight as I worked. LOL! Hope that everyone did enjoy themselves today and stayed OP.

forme01
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Morning everyone~
Hoping all had a productive and positive weekend!
I weighed in TEN pounds lighter this morning since beginning of program!
It is amazing how good I feel...even moreso than the actual weight loss (I still have so far to go...) is the accomplishment of actually putting myself on my list of things to do! Thanks to all here who have helped keep me motivated.
Have a wonderful day!

Hattie22
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Congrats!! Forme01!!

It is great to be proud of being on your own to do list! I think that is where a lot of us get into this mess. We put ourselves last. I told my family that I have to focus on me now in order to be around in the future. Luckily, my children are now adults and don't need as much attention. You will get there as long as you continue that focus!

Good For You!!!

IDBigbird
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Hello. I'm a returning member. I used to post on this web site every day, and I did much better at sticking with my exercise and healthy eating. Then I changed jobs, and didn't have as much time. I turned 40 15 months ago, and my thyroid decided to stop working. I ended up gaining about 30 pounds, which put me heavier than I ever have been. So, now I'm back and hoping that you ckicks can help me keep on track again.

I'm jumping in here because I'm 41, and I think it's a good fit. I hope you don't mind. I don't have my current weight, so I'll put my current weight and such tomorrow. But I'm trying to get started with posting.

I hope you all have a great day. :D

Beemer
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Welcome IDBigbird!! I am in the same boat as you and had my thyroid do the same thing around 40. This site does help to keep you accountable I have found. I am a newer member. Hope you are back to stay and good luck!!

anniedoll30
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi ya'll! I'm new to the website. I came across it last week when deciding on the next workout video to buy. Found the forums very helpful in my decision. I've put on 40 pounds post-Katrina. I am now the heaviest I have ever been (with exception of pregnancies). My blood pressure has gone up considerably as well. I have started working out over the Christmas holidays and have worked out for 2 hours a day, 3 days a week since then. I have lost inches in my abdomen and around my ribs, not sure about actual weight loss, since I just purchased a scale today. I am doing step aerobics (Cathe Friedrich rocks!), yoga and some light weights and I go dancing once a week. Since I work nights, trying to exercise anymore is next to impossible.

For food, I'm eating a lot more veggies than before, cutting out alot of junk food, cutting back on food portions (but loading up on veggies), and for protein, eating some chicken and salmon, occasionally, pork. Making the attempt to drink more water, but that proves to be difficult at times. I'm not really keeping a food journal, but really watching what I eat, and asking myself if I'm really hungry, or am I eating because I"m bored or stressed.

I would be tickled pink if I could lose half of this weight by late spring. I hope to make some strides in getting this weight off, and lowering my blood pressure, and I think I'm off to a good start.

CanadaMel
02-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the newcomers!
Just wanted to share my inspirational day. Had a less than stellar day at work, but didn't let it get to me and headed home.
I've been reading the book half-assed about a woman's weight loss journey. In there she talks about exercising in private etc. I walk the dog each night, but tonight I interspersed my walking with a short stint of jogging! Something I haven't done on my own initiative in 15+ years. I was 1) proud that I actually tried it and 2) didn't keel over.LOL

Hope everyone had a great day & looks forward to a wonderful tomorrow

gigglez
02-02-2009, 11:23 PM
Just wanted to say hi to all newbies! Hope to see more of you all here.

WTG Forme01! That is great down 10!

forme01
02-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Good morning all!
A warm welcome to our newbies...(anniedoll, we're almost neighbors...I live in Lafourche Parish. :))
Way to go Canada! Small changes DO add up. Keep up the great work!

Here's to keeping our focus!

CruiseCAT
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome to all the new members; you can do this!!!

Sunday Mack and I celebrated out 12th anniversary hiking down Deep Creek Canyon (2.5 miles) to the hot springs. This is a hike we have wanted to do for the five years we have lived here but never did because of the hike back out. It took us 50 minutes down and about 95 coming out. It was a great day. Here are a few pictures.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/123BrindlePack/DeepCreekTrail.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/123BrindlePack/DeepCreekCAT.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/123BrindlePack/DeepCreek.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/123BrindlePack/DeepCreekAnniPool.jpg

gigglez
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Cat, that was a beautiful place, would have loved to seen it up close.

IDBigbird
02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello everybody. It's Thursday night, and I've been doing okay with the exercising, but not the eating. Like Mel, I also walk my dog as a source of exercise. I have a German shepherd that I take for a 2 3/4 mile walk, and lately, I've been doing some jogging, too. I have a weight set at home, so I've been doing that and some Yoga, too. I'm a consultant, and lately I've been working from home quite a bit, which gives me a little more time to work out - if I take advantage of it. I really need to. I have more of a problem controlling what I eat, rather than not exercising. I like food, especially the bad carbs. I'm slowly doing better though.

Nice pictures, Cat. And I hope to get to know you all (ya'll) better as time goes on (and the weight comes off).

fitredchick
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi IDbigbird...we have some things in common. :) I too have a dog...take him for a walk everyday. Have gone back to taking Yoga classes...really love it, and don't know why I didn't go more regularly. Oh well, I am now.

Also, I work from home. I really like the flexibility of my schedule...it does allow for more time to exercise when I want to. Have been getting in the habit of putting it in my daytimer. Joined the Y and find that working out with others is a great motivator....

The bad carbs are my weakness...have been getting into some chocolate chip cookies my daughter made.

have a good night, Sandra

forme01
02-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Good Morning gang!
Hope all are continuing to make great choices. No major complaints here! :)
Wishing each of you extra strength and motivation today.

Make it a good one!

AspiringButterfly
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone! I see it's been awhile since everyone has been on. I hope that you all are doing well. I've been doing okay - still losing, but it's coming off really, really slow. I just keep telling myself that at least the scale is moving in the right direction. I finally got down to 199 lbs. this morning! I looked through some old journals and I have not been under 200 lbs. literally in years, so slow or not, I'll take it! I've been following Weight Watchers at home for the past two months and trying to do at least 60 mins. on the treadmill each day at my own pace. I try to fit in a couple of Wii workouts a week too. It's just harder to lose when you're older I think. At least after this much time the sugar cravings have really let up. I also let myself have a cheat day now and then where I don't count my points - I've done it like three times in two months and that way I'm not feeling deprived. I realize this is for "life" and not just a diet anymore. I just turned 47 years old in April and it really hit me hard that I really don't want to spend the next 47 years overweight and unhealthy and unhappy about it. I want other things in my life to be the focus, not always food. I thank God that something finally clicked in my head, LOL! Well, I'm off for now, but I really do pray that everyone is keeping their focus and finding their motivation! Take care!

jules1216
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
HI everyone--wondering if you have room for one more poster...I am 42 will be 43 in December weight is fluctuating from 209-212 right now. Have always been a 5 lb up and down from even my skinny days of 125-130 before my second child--still trying to lose the baby weight from her (BTW she's going to be 22 in June and her son turned one in Jan--she lost her baby weight before I lost mine!!) My first goal is to get the weight so it's never more than 199!!

Onmyway
05-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Ladies, head on over to the May chat. There's plenty of room for new friends!

AspiringButterfly
05-28-2009, 02:32 AM
Jules, I know how you feel. My oldest is 28, LOL! I also had a hard time getting under 200 lbs. I think for me it was kind of a mental block. What I did was follow weight watchers for a month and wouldn't let myself weigh until I thought I'd gotten under it. I finally made it, but it's been a struggle every week. If I'm really, really lucky I'll lose like 2lbs. in a week. I know it's supposed to come off slow to stay off, but it can still be discouraging. When I was younger it was alot easier to lose the weight when I wanted to. The hardest part really, is keeping active. Making myself move, LOL! I wish you the best of luck! You'll get there!