General chatter - Addictive TV shows

View Full Version : Addictive TV shows

Deetle Erin 2009
01-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm currently addicted to Dexter. I have watched the first 3 seasons over the weekend. This was to replace my True Blood addiction. I hope a new episode of Grey's Anatomy appears soon.:carrot:

What TV show are you currently addicted to?

cooperistic
01-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Even though the show has long since finished...the Sopranos! It is a brilliant show and if you can get past the violence, amazingly written. I bought every season tee hee.

Also the Office, and I have a feeling Biggest Loser is going to be good this season :)

CandyKisses0204
01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Umm i sadly have to admit that i love reality tv. Pretty much any reality tv keeps me glued.

paniania
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
My absolute favorite addiction is LOST. I can't wait until January 21st when the new season starts!!! My poor hubs works during its timeslot though so I have to wait until Friday night before we can watch it together - DRAT!

Deetle Erin 2009
01-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Remember the HBO commerical where the hostess freaks out on her guest if they made noise during the show? That is me on Sunday 48 out of 52 weeks of the year.

I'm also addicted to the main HBO shows:
Sopranos (Love them all but season 2 is my Fav)
Six Feet Under
Rome
Sex in the City (Best TV show ever!)
Oz
Big Love (It's getting good)
Entourage (just started watching this)

I've only watched The Tudors on Showtime (I prefer HBO)

JustSharing83
01-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I gave my fiance' How I Met Your Mother season 1-3 for Christmas, we had never watched it, but are now so addicted that we're well into the 3rd season. I also recently got seasons 1-3 of Supernatural, but I am only a few episodes in.

I watch every episode of Dexter and Big Love when they are in season, and True Blood was added to that list this year.

I am newly addicted to House reruns. Oh, and I am watching West Wing for the first time, I am on season 6 of 7.

Some other random shows that I am addicted to are: Project Runway, Top Chef, House, Little People Big World, The Soup, The Colbert Report, Big Brother, Ace of Cakes, Pushing Daisies (RIP), Naked Science

Annnd my favorite show of all time is Sex Feet Under.

mazza
01-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm addicted to dexter too. I'm waiting for desperate housewives to start up again .. 'cause I know I'll probably addicted to the new season too.

Also, my all-time fave show is six feet under. A pure slice of TV heaven.

choirgirlhotel
01-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm currently addicted to Dexter. I have watched the first 3 seasons over the weekend. This was to replace my True Blood addiction. I hope a new episode of Grey's Anatomy appears soon.:carrot:

What TV show are you currently addicted to?

I watch Dexter while I'm on the elliptical or treadmill. It makes me WANT to go to the gym because then I find out what happens, hee!

I'm TOTALLY addicted to Real Housewives of Orange County and New York. Also, when it was on, I was totally addicted to "Rock of Love" which is the most horrible, embarrassing TV reality show ever.

~CGH~

Deetle Erin 2009
01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Mazza ~ I totally forgot about Desperate housewives <3. I had to watch all the DVDs since my roommate watches it on Lifetime everyday. Did you see True Blood yet? That was written by Alan Ball who brought us SFU.

Choir ~ Your gym shows Dexter? I want to go there! I, too, have been sucked into the VH1 reality show **** as well.

tamaralynn
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
My three biggest are
House
Fringe
and Survivor ;)

Shopaholic1204
01-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Heroes
Chuck
Life
Law & Order: SVU
Grey's Anatomy
The Office
Weeds

And even though, they've been off the air for awhile..Friends, Gilmore Girls, SATC, & That 70's Show.

walking2lose
01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Umm i sadly have to admit that i love reality tv. Pretty much any reality tv keeps me glued.

Me too. I'm so ashamed. I have very low-brow tv tastes... Top Chef, The Bachelor, Wife Swap, Intervention, etc. I'll watch most any of them, but I try to refrain, as it drives my DH crazy. It's the mindlessness of it, I guess. And the voyeurism. :o

walking2lose
01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
P.S. What is Dexter about? I don't even know what channel it's on.

choirgirlhotel
01-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Choir ~ Your gym shows Dexter? I want to go there! I, too, have been sucked into the VH1 reality show **** as well.

No, I put the shows on my iPod actually!

Dexter is about a forensic analyst (Dexter) who works with the FBI (?) hunting serial killers. However, Dexter himself....is a serial killer who kills other serial killers. Hee!!

Oh yes, Intervention I usually watch on Friday nights if I'm by myself. It's usually about an hour of intermittent crying. lol. I used to like Trading Spouses but the editing really irritates me, so I end up a lot of the time having it on so I can hear the sound while I clean the house but not actually watch it.

~CGH~

Haley8203
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Heroes, Bones and Ghost Whisperer!

river
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm also addicted to the main HBO shows:
Sopranos (Love them all but season 2 is my Fav)
Six Feet Under
Rome
Sex in the City (Best TV show ever!)
Oz
Big Love (It's getting good)
Entourage (just started watching this)

I've only watched The Tudors on Showtime (I prefer HBO)

Add True Blood, Survivor and Gossip Girl to this list and those are mine. I like recording and watching a bunch of episodes at once. Waiting each week for Dexter I thought I was going to die.

Hattie22
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
OMG! There are so many! I am sooo addicted. I am a reality junkie also.

Big Brother: Favorite players: Janell and Evil Dick
Survivor: Fav. Player: Rupert
Ghost Whisperer
Prison Break
Lost: Can't wait
Csi: New York and Las Vegas
Dexter: when it was on regular air...I don't have cable. Can you believe it? However...from this list..I wouldn't get anything else done if I had cable.LOL
Fringe

on and on and on...it is sooo sad!

Mom2QJandT
01-08-2009, 09:24 PM
I watch very little television. My kids went to their dads for 6 weeks one time and when they got home and turned on the TV it was still on Cartoon Network where they had left it. So...it really embarrasses me to admit this, but I watched all three seasons of "Weeds" in one weekend. I love, love, love that show. I downloaded a bunch of the different versions of the theme song and they're on my MP3 player. My dad recommended it to me and now he's telling me that I would enjoy "The Sopranos" and gave me all of them on DVD. They're sitting in my bedroom calling to me, but I'm afraid to get started! I'm also interested in seeing "Dexter" because of what I've heard about it in the breakroom at work. I've always thought that TV would be a dangerous thing for me to start liking...and now it looks like that may be right!

Bee20nine
01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
I watch:

House- i watch reruns like everyday
What Not to Wear
Clean House
CSI: Miami
Law and Order: CI, SVU
The First 48
Monk

mazza
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Maaaan House was on here last night - a rerun. It was the one where House gets shot and he hallucinates the entire episode. What a good one.

JackieRn
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
The Sopranos by far, I've watched all the episodes and still watch them when their on. Also six feet under when it was on, I loved it though it was a little depressing. The other shows I'm addicted to: Monk, House, Mad Men, Dexter & The Office (absolutely love it both US & UK versions). Also, Bones (I don't really know why I watch this show I don't even like the title character but the rest of the cast I like.

As far as reality based I'm embarrassed to say I watch Big Brother religiously, I love John and Kate plus 8, what not to wear, and Ruby. Biggest Loser American & Australian versions, also project Runway I've watched the Australian, American, & Canadian versions.

I think I'm addicted to watching whole seasons over a few days. Usually during hot days, I don't typically watch much tv in the fall and winter but catch up in the summer. I can't stand having to wait from week to week to see what happens also the internet has made it possible for me to watch shows I wouldn't otherwise watch b/c they are just there.

Ookpik
01-09-2009, 12:09 AM
My favorite, never-miss show is "Law & Order: SVU". I watch it daily on Citytv and tape it if I'm not at home. If I ever get into the RCMP I'd like to eventually specialize in sex crimes, human trafficking, etc., pretty much the same kinds of crimes they solve on the show. I also find Christopher Meloni very sexy so that's another reason I watch it!

Other shows I like: Supernatural, Fringe, COPS, Grey's Anatomy, X-Weighted and Family Guy.

lentilbean
01-09-2009, 12:13 AM
i don't watch too much tv, but when i do it gets serious! right now i'm stuck on a mexican soap opera at night. they're so addicting!

ChefsGirl
01-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Nip/Tuck
Grey's Anatomy
Lost

& anything reality. Rock of Love Charm School was the trashiest, most wonderful show on TV ever! Or maybe I Love Money.

I'm bad w/ the reality, & my DF hates it!

I will admit.......I love The Hills (hiding my head in shame)

Smiling_Sara
01-09-2009, 07:37 AM
P.S. What is Dexter about? I don't even know what channel it's on.

Here is a clip on youtube that sums up very well what Dexter is about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DSqxSs07U&feature=related

I :heart: dexter so much!! I don't have showtime so I rent the whole season once it comes out and watch em all in about 2 days.

mayness
01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Heroes -- I'm going nuts waiting for it to come back on!
The Big Bang Theory -- 1st season was just ok, but the 2nd season is becoming my favorite show EVER.
The Office -- I hated it at first, but I'm hooked now.
Cash Cab -- it's the only game show I can stand, Ben Bailey is fun as heck, and the questions are just hard enough that I know 90% of them but I occasionally learn something new.
How I Met Your Mother -- it's not my favorite, but what else is there to watch at 8:30 on a Monday? And frankly, I'll watch anything with Neil Patrick Harris.
Attack of the Show -- I'm sure no one here has even heard of it, but I watch it daily!
Family Guy -- yup, even the new ones.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force -- when I'm up late enough, which is rare.
Seinfeld -- it's always on, and somehow most episodes are still funny the 5th (or 10th or 15th) time. :D

Scarlet
01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I love No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain--got to see him speak last year, it was great.

Just about all the HBO series shows, I love watching with no commercials.

My favorite all time show, though, is Red Dwarf. We own the whole thing and I heard they're finallly coming out with some new ones after many years!!

rnbg813
01-09-2009, 12:54 PM
No American Idol fans?! It's like my favorite show, it starts up again on Tuesday and I am SO excited!!!!!

cbmare
01-09-2009, 01:01 PM
All My Children
Dancing With The Stars - wish they'd bring back Skating WTS as well.
Top Chef
Top Designer
Next Food Network Star
Iron Chef - I go back to the original Japanese version that was subtitled.
Heroes
Survivor
Chuck
Damages
Beauty and the Geek
True Beauty - new one and had us hooked on episode 1
Leverage

ChefsGirl
01-11-2009, 01:20 AM
Anyone watch Whale Wars? I've had the 1st season on the DVR forever & just started watching tonite.

SO good.....like edge of your seat good.

mariamherrera
01-11-2009, 02:23 AM
my husband works for comcast cable our local cable/ internet company so we get the best cable package you can get and am addicted to way too many Tv shows- I don't know why but reality shows are my thing love jon and kate plus 8, little people big world, 17 kinds and counting, real world, VH1 reality shows like rock of love flavor of love, etc.. love American Idol, the dog whisper, Intervention.

and then my second addictions are rerun type shows, Roseanne, Golden girls, Married with children, Friends, 90210, the wonder years, who's the boss... LOL I'm so weird! and I'm only 26

river
01-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention "Absolutely Fabulous". It's British and not on air here anymore but I have the DVDs.

slriwlw09
01-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I watch waaaaaay too much TV :)

I love The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (he's such a cutie and funny to boot).

I also love Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Heroes, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Greek, Simpsons, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, King of the Hill. I could go on and on.

I told you...I watch waaaay too much tv!

grneyedmustang
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Nip/Tuck. And I'm very ashamed to admit that I'm usually watching whatever reality garbage train wreck is on VH1 - right now it's Rock of Love Bus.

I also love Survivor and America's Next Top Model, but they're not on right now. :(

Family Guy is one of my favorites and it's almost ALWAYS on.

stellarwbz
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Lost, HOUSE, CSI, Nip/Tuck, Heroes, and Prison Break.

mayness
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Haha, as long as my list was before, I just realized I missed a few:

Stuff Happens -- Bill Nye's new(ish) show on Planet Green
Living with Ed
Time Warp
Girls Next Door -- anyone know what they're gonna do now that 2 out of 3 are gone?
Two and a Half Men
The Late Late Show -- on Fridays when I'm up that late - it's the only late night show I like, Craig Ferguson reminds me of my grandfather (who is also a crazy Scotsman) only much cuter

rnbg813
01-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Mayness - I love The Girls Next Door, but I have missed the last couple weeks. What happened?!

mayness
01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Mayness - I love The Girls Next Door, but I have missed the last couple weeks. What happened?!

Well, nothing has happened on the show yet... they must have been filmed a while ago... but Kendra is supposedly engaged to Hank Baskett (WR for the Philadelphia Eagles) and Holly has been seeing Criss Angel (that creepy magician).

choirgirlhotel
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I also love Survivor and America's Next Top Model, but they're not on right now. :(

Next Survivor starts February!!! yay!

~CGH~

ANOther
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
1. Amazing Race (when it's on)
2. Deal or No Deal (I'd rather watch the network version with the 7-figure jackpots than the syndicated v)
3. Extreme Makeover Home Edition

gigglez
01-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Jrcatron I am with you on charm school, I love money was pretty good too.

The reality shows are good you get to see some weird stuff. Rock of love bus is going to be good this time around. Real Chance ended odd but hey that is reality.

ChefsGirl
01-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I didn't watch Real Chance........those boys creep me out. But of course I am curious. What happened?

Any body watch The Bachelor? I am totally in love w/ Jason! He is so freakin' hot.

misserica3
01-13-2009, 12:10 AM
I LOVE The Office and Amazing Race!

grneyedmustang
01-13-2009, 11:31 AM
I didn't watch Real Chance........those boys creep me out. But of course I am curious. What happened?

I just want to know how Real gets his hair like that. I'm JEALOUS!!!! And Chance is a jacka**.

beerab
01-13-2009, 11:36 AM
SUPERNATURAL IS AWESOME! They are on season 4 and I'm TOTALLY in love with it- lol I'm usually not one of those kinds of people but I'd have Jensen Ackle's babies if he asked me to lol ;) Even Jared's- they are both SOOO hot!

I also watch a lot of the VH1 reality shows- though I have refused to watch Real Chance of Love and the New Rock of Love Tour Bus.

I can't wait for the next "I love money" though.

I guess I'll watch AI this season- I'm interested to see the new judge- at least my sister will be happy about that lol.

purplecrush
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Oh goodness..where do I start?

Ghost Whisperer
Gossip Girl
Biggest Loser
American Idol
Americas next top model
Gilmore girls!
Rock of Love bus
I did watch Flavor of Love and I love New York lol (hides face)
Im a reality show junkie!!

I gotta stop watching so much tv!!

gigglez
01-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Real picked corn fed and chance picked nobody. Have to say different tho. The reunion is in 2 wks so that will be interesting. Wonder when the next from Gs to Gents will start. Can't wait for I love money 2.

ChefsGirl
01-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I Love Money 2 will be awesome.

How much do you love Destiny & hate Meagan. Man she was so wasted on the reunion of Charm School. What a hot mess.

beerab
01-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I didn't see the finale, what was his reasoning?

grneyedmustang
01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Chance said he wasn't in love with anyone. Not that I'm surprised.

I can't wait for I Love Money 2 either!!! And Megan...she's a piece of work. She was a hot mess on the Charm School reunion! She deserved it when Sharon dumped her wine/juice on her!!! LMAO!!!!

ChefsGirl
01-15-2009, 11:23 PM
She WAY deserved it! Sharon is so awesome. She was so cool about it Megan never saw it coming.

Watched part of Sober House tonite. I'm not sure what I think about that whole deal. I kind of feel like the cameras are encouraging the patients not to take rehab as seriously as they should. It's sad.

fatgirl nomore
01-15-2009, 11:53 PM
I love reality t.v. shows: biggest loser, american idol, ruby, x-weighed, anything to do with weight loss, jon and kate plus 8. I LOVE the golden girls, i have every season on dvd and i watch it every night at midnight on lifetime.

gigglez
01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah I agree Megan is just so messed up and in a way I think that part of it has to do with the cameras. But then again it is just a thought. Watch part of Sober House not too sure either what to make of it. Wanted to watch ABDC but forgot about it starting last night. At least I know it will be on a few more times before the next one on Thur night. Good thing about vh1 and mtv they air the episodes over and over.

ChefsGirl
01-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Is Ruby over? I keep watching for new episodes but haven't seen any the last couple of weeks.

gigglez
01-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Have never saw that one? What channel is Ruby on jrcaton? One day closer to Sunday and rock of love bus. The only bad thing is that I have to work this Sunday and wont get home until 930 but I will at least get to see the ending of it.

Fungirl28
01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
I love the Biggest Loser and all the CSI shows. I also like the reality shows and I'm also waiting for Love of Money 2. I think for the Charm school reunion, Meghan was on something. She seemed to be more than a little spacey.

flatiron
01-21-2009, 05:46 PM
The best thing I ever did was toss out the TV's and cut cable 10 years ago. I don't watch TV .... on TV's that is. :D

Then someone told me about www.hulu.com and NOW I AM ADDICTED TO

Heroes and Sons of Anarchy ARRRRGGGHH! LOL!

I am SO glad they finished the seasons!

Also when the Soprano's were on even though I didn't have a TV I was over at my little sister's house once when it was on and for the rest of the season I would come over whenever it was on I loved that show!

Some of you people are addicted to like 4 or 5 shows! UNREAL!

FrouFrou
01-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Monk
Psych
The Office
48 Hours
Law & Order SVU
Biggest Loser..although, I am getting a little tired of it
Chelsea Handler
The Soup