Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 09:21 AM   #1  

Unhappy Severe Stiff Neck & Shoulder

I can barely move mu upper left hand side of of my body. It hurts to type, so am using only my right hand and I am at work. I can't afford to leave. Any advice on what I can do? I woke up this way and took Advil. Had trouble washing my hair and blow drying it, beautiful hair day. I feel as if I have no strength in my left arm. This is going to be a long Hump Day. Should have seen me trying to get into my SUV this morning and then drive. Not a pretty site.

I can see the swolleness in my left shoulder. I may even be having back spasms on my left side. Errrr. Any advice?
Old 05-08-2002, 09:38 AM   #2  

Being that your swollen, you might want to go to the doctor. Unless this has happened before.

If this has happened before, all I can say is "GOOD LUCK". When you get home try a long hot bath. That might help.

I feel for you,

Bella23
Old 05-08-2002, 09:59 AM   #3  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Yikes, poor thing, I'd also advise seeing a doctor, but in the meantime, just keep doing like you're doing, and try not to use it too much, I WOULD say try some mineral ice, but, seeing as you're at work, it's prolly not readily available, and if it were, your co-workers might not like you much for wearing it around... (unless they're weird like me, and like the smell of that kind of stuff)
Old 05-08-2002, 10:51 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Oh...Jennifer. {{{{hugs}}} *really gently*

Sweetie, if it isn't any better by earlt afternoon, I'd say a doctor's visit is in order.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-08-2002, 11:45 AM   #5  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Sleep Position??

Do you sleep on your stomach at all? I have had to go for physical therapy to help with the pain/stiffness in my neck, shoulders, and upper arms. My doctor insists that I sleep on my back or side, which is *SO* difficult for me!!! I'm a tummy sleeper.... but that really puts stress on you.

When I start feeling the pain, he suggests 3 Ibuprofen every 4 hours, using heat packs, and getting a good massage.

Sandi K.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:15 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone..am still here alive and breathing. I seem to be doing a bit better, no more tears in my eyes at least. Trying to get a hold of my doctor. I don't know why I don't switch offices. They annoy me everytime.

I have been putting ice on my shoulder which seems to be helping a LITTLE. I heard that the heat only will make it worse. I at one time used to suffer from these alot. But it's been over a year. I sleep in all positions and I know I was tossing and turning all night. I can only sleep in my side the "correct" way when I was married and shared my bed. lmao My bed is so empty now...maybe that's my problem? hahaa
Old 05-08-2002, 01:07 PM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Feel better!! heat always used to help me.. but if you think it won't help, leave it alone!! those new TheraHeat "patches" are great though, I highly reccomend them!
Old 05-08-2002, 11:12 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

ICE for thwe first 48 hours then heat. ibuprophen riound the clock!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 11:45 PM   #9  
gbo

Sue is quite right , of course, having a nurse on staff so to speak is always so helpful. Listen to Sue Bee she knows just what to do.
And from my lengthy years of spinal damage let me assure you 20 minutes at a time of cold for 48 hours and then heat.
Pam
Old 05-10-2002, 11:00 AM   #10  

Thank you. Still very sore and stiff..going to get ice now. Seems to do better, then I sleep, then it's worse when I wake up.

A nurse..so nice to have in the house. Thank you.
Closed Thread