Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #1  

Default B-12 shot?

I am going to see a "diet Dr." tomorrow and I think he gives B-12 shots...anyone ever tried this?

ilovemydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

I have never heard of giving vitamin B-12 shots for weight loss. From what I've been told, usually, if you have a vitamin B-12 deficiency you experience weight loss. Therefore, logically it would seem that adding vitamin B-12 would reverse that, but I'm no doctor. There are cases (such as mine) where there is a severe deficiency, but no weight loss.

As a side note, I would be wary of any Dr.'s that are promoting themselves specifically as "diet doctors", but that's just me. IMHO it seems that they are out to make $ more than anything.
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My friend's sister did this and lost 70 lbs, but it is very expensive and you have to go quite a bit- honestly I think she'll gain weight back once she stops doing the shots since she hasn't really changed her eating habits.

Apparently B12 boosts your metabolism.

I would say if you are planning to do this- do it in conjuction with a lifestyle change so that when the weight is off it stays off. I'm thinking of trying it out to see if it helps boost my weight loss- though I am currently working out and eating better.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210.6/198.6/160

Height: 5'8"

i have heard good things from this too but haven't ever asked my Dr about it ~
Joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:35 AM   #5  
Chicklette

S/C/G: 250/220/160

Height: 5'1

My mom got B-12 shots to aid in her weight loss and she lose 65 in six months!
Chicklette217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #6  

Thanks guys! Well, here is the update on the "diet" dr. I was skeptical at first...we ALL know there is not a miracle diet - lifestyle is everything. They are really just helping me with carbs and calories and the B-12 is a "boost" to give me more energy. I get them once a week and the Dr. gave me a prescription - appetite suppressant called Bontril. I will let you all know how it goes...I am getting the prescription filled today and will start (officially) tomorrow!

It doesn't seem too expensive - my weekly visit (including the shot) is $12.00 and the prescription is $9 per week. Totally worth $21 a week to lose 65 lbs in 6-7 months.
ilovemydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/255/145

Height: 5'7"

I started a diet like that this past tuesday, but this one is way more expensive than yours!! But it will be worth it in the end.
bakerygrl is offline   Reply With Quote