Weight Loss Surgery - The down side of losing weight

View Full Version : The down side of losing weight

merryterry
01-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Last week I tried on my smaller pants and most fit.http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/carrot.gif And the down side is, now I have to shorten them.

But the upside-awesome. I went back to school (work) on Monday after our 2 week winter break and a friend (who has his own weight issue-we've been encouraging each other) gave me a huge compliment-twice- so I just had to give him a hug (don't tell DH!)

And I finally budged another 2 pounds off-I've been the same weight since surgery (band). Well, I kind of flirt with a new number for awhile-it will show up on the scale one day, and go away under a bigger number for a few days before it's there for good and I can start working on the next loss.

walking2lose
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Wow! You are doing awesome! 49 lb. loss is no joke! Keep up the great work and don't give away too many hugs :D

Thighs Be Gone
01-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Now that is something to be MERRY about! Good for you!

midwife
01-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Heh, heh, That is a pretty good DOWNside. The other DOWNsides are when your pants fall DOWN and your underwear fall DOWN! :)

missangelaks
01-08-2009, 12:33 AM
The upside is new clothes! The downside is paying for the new clothes! I got a lot from the clothing exchange at the surgery support group...my neighborhood second hand stores became close friends...when I couldn't find something with the right fit like jeans, underwear and bras, I went to ROSS dress for less! (cheaper then Walmart on a lot of things)

I like to joke around and say, most of my clothes are given to me, second hand, taken in at least 2 sizes or from a discount store! :lol:

AWWWWWWW horrid shame all this, eh Terry???! :D

Angela

nanj
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
OH MERRYTERRY! You are doing so good! Now the clothes adventure begins. You think you have troubles with a 49 lb loss, just wait!!! LOL!!! But is such a nice adventure. When I went from 32 to 26s, I shopped second-hand places and got a few things for that time period, in a few weeks had to go back for those 22/24s, and just kept that up for quite a few months. I had an underwear fiasco and finally was forced to buy new underwear from 15 to 10s. Lets don't even discuss bras! LOL!! Just keep on doing what you are doing and roll those pants legs and the waist if you have too!!!!

Leenie
01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't call that down, I call that exciting, CONGRATS !!!