Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default realistic to drop 31 lbs by Memorial Day?

I looked at the calender and I checked the BMI calculator earlier today... I'm currently 195 lbs.

According to the BMI calculator, if I drop another 31 pounds, I'd then no longer be overweight but of normal/average weight.

I may have a vacation event with family and friends coming up Memorial Day weekend, and it suddenly occurred to me, it'd sure feel good if I could no longer be "overweight" by then.

It's not so much to impress others at that event, but a treat for myself as a goal to work towards & motivate myself to keep myself exercising, eating right, etc.

And also to let me know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel to borrow a phrase, like "a-ha, I could actually be a bit thinner by this time later in the year" instead of having a blank slate as when I'd ever hit my weight benchmark goals.

I have a total of 70 lbs left to lose, and I'd have 2 major goals left after getting to Onderland...

1. getting to normal weight under BMI standards
2. and then my target weight.

I'd be breaking the 70 lbs (left to lose) up in nearly half, so it doesn't feel as overwhelming or discouraging in losing the last 70 lbs, ya know?

Question: Is it realistic to see about losing 31 pounds by Memorial Day weekend? Or is that an unhealthy goal to expect?

I'd be alright if it took longer (and I understand very well it can take longer with stalls/plateaus, etc).

I just wanted to check with other chickies here if this was a reasonable/healthy weight loss goal to attempt.

thanks!

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 AM   #2  
Chicklette

S/C/G: 250/220/160

Height: 5'1

I think 31 pounds is realistic, yes you will have to work hard but i think you know that by now. You will come to a stall however if you stick it out you will drop fast. A lot of people will say it is unhealthy but as long as you still eating you will be fine. Make sure to take vitamins.
~Brandie~
Chicklette217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #3  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Well, there are approximately 20 weeks between now and Memorial Day. You would need to lose an average of 1.55 pounds per week to meet your goal. I agree that it should be totally doable (and I would love to lose the same amount in that time frame!)

I know that you're working hard, so keep it up, and good luck!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

That is definitely a do-able goal. Go for it!

I have found holidays and special events are a great motivator. I had a similar goal- just replace "Memorial Day" with "21st birthday" and voila! You have done so well with your weight loss success and I know you have the drive to make it happen. As staja said, you would have to drop around 1.55 pounds per week, which is not unhealthy or unreasonable.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #5  
No description available.

Tea, you have had such a fabulous weight loss so far! Congrats!! I think it is possible on paper, but keep in mind that the closer we get to goal, sometimes our weight loss can slow down. Keep on truckin. Maybe you'll get there, maybe you won't , but I know you will look and feel fantastic, whether you lose another 15 or make it to 31!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think you should give it a go -- ABSOLUTELY ! But don't fret if you don't make it. You are going to LOOK and FEEL fabulous. Buy yourself a fun new outfit whether you make that goal or not. And if not don't let NOT getting to X weight by Y date ruin it for you!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM   #7  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

Sounds reasonable to me!
I, too, want to lose 30 pounds, but by Mother's Day weekend. (Anime Convention! WOOHOO!)
I hope to at least have lost 20 by then

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-07-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Skinny Teen is offline   Reply With Quote