Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/265.8/125

Height: 5'0

Default Loving CC

I love Calorie Counting. It is so much better then any fad diet. I can eat almost anything I want in moderation or as a different variation such as whole grain wheat instead of white. Which honestly I don't taste that much of a difference. The best thing is I don't feel hungry. I have tried other diets, like Atkins and at the end of the day I felt limited and hungry. With Calorie Counting I have really learned to Listen to my body and let it tell me when I am really hungry.

First off if I start to feel a little hungry I will go get a bottle of water to see if that helps if ate recently.

Secondly once I get to that stage of feeling hungry I feed myself, but I do it with healthy foods that make me feel good about my body, my eating habits, and myself inside. I know it sounds silly but it gives me so much pride knowing that I bit the bullet and ate something healthy and good for my body and not junk food.

Tonight I did just that...I felt hungry and didn't want to sit and think about food, so I got a water bottle and a cup of grapes, And you know what after I ate those grapes I didn't feel hungry anymore. I don't need junk food to please my angry stomach...and I really don't feel like I need the junk food to be happy anymore.

I think eating junk and over eating has definitely been a emotional thing for me and I have come to realize there are other things in life I need to indulge in instead of food. Eating junk and over eating is not going to keep me here in the long run so I can watch my daughter grown up!
Kayhm0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Wow, so cool!

Yes, many of like calorie counting because of that flexibility! And it does work!

Good for you! Keep going!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Grapes are one of my favorite snacks when hungry. For some reason they're really filling for me. Maybe it's whatever is in them that gives them that gelatinous texture.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #4  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Some of the very same reasons that I enjoy this style of weight loss! my favorite part? is that it works! I have been counting calories for a year now and well yeah...my ticker tells the tale

Try some green tea for appetite control as well, I swear by the stuff! and drink it constantly.

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I firmly believe in calorie counting and yes, I still count calories even though I am at goal.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #6  
Workin' It

I still count calories at goal as well. I love it. It gives me the control over my eating, not whoever wrote the diets of the day I've followed off and on during my life.

And Botzz, just looked at your blog and you look great!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote