Lighten Up! - Who says secretaries aren't important?

dharma
05-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Five cannibals get appointed as engineers in an telephone company. During the welcoming ceremony the boss says, "You're all part of our team now. You can earn good money here, and you can go to the cafeteria for something to eat. So please don't trouble any of the other employees".

The cannibals promised.

Four weeks later the boss returns and says, "You're all working very hard, and I'm very satisfied with all of you. However, one of our secretaries has disappeared. Do any of you know what happened to her?"

The cannibals all shake their heads no.

After the boss has left, the leader of the cannibals says to the others,"Which of you idiots ate the secretary?"

A hand raises hesitantly, to which the leader of the cannibals replies,
"You fool! For four weeks we've been eating Team Leaders, Supervisors and Project Managers and no one noticed anything, and you have to go and eat the secretary!"

flatlander
05-08-2002, 09:12 PM
Hee hee, My hubby is a PM so I found this REALLY funny.

Ruthxxx
05-09-2002, 08:17 AM
Good One! Thanks for posting it

oceantiki
06-19-2002, 04:26 PM
:lol: I greatly enjoyed this one. I have been an executive/administrative assistant for a number of years and am constantly amazed at how little credit is given to people in my position. So many managers think we are brainless twits who make copies, coffee, answer the phones and little else. Thank goodness my current supervisor is one manager who realizes that I run this office administratively and that without me, this office would fall apart.

Now when people ask me what I do, I reply that I am an administrator - which somehow commands more respect than admin. or secretary.... go figure.

Sherry
09-14-2002, 01:21 AM
Thanks for sharing! I loved it!! :)

I work in an Elementary School. I'm the: Secretary,Nurse,Doctor,Lice checker,Temperature taker,Boo-Boo kisser,Play 2nd Mommy,Answer phone ringing ALL day and... still have to find time to do all my other "work!!" :lol:

Yes I agree, We do need to be appreciated more!
Sherry:twirly: