LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends - Jan 5 - Jan 11

zambejaly5
01-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Ok, where is everybody? Get up people. Lets get at this stuff.

Dan2112
01-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

JerseyMadchen
01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey guys!

I feel like absolute crap today. I have a nasty cold passed on to me by my DH! I think I slept about 4 hours last night.

Nothing going on today. Have to go to school to take care of my bill, but that's it. My skinny mini sister wants to join a gym, so I said I would with her. Her fiance is in Iraq, so I am sure this will help with her depression!

Kimberly R- COWBOYS?!!? Well, I guess that's ok. Sorry about last week!

Have a great day!

zambejaly5
01-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Right behind you boss!! Now that the holiday are officially out of the way (sniff!), there are no longer any good excuses..

I even went out and bought some bike pants this weekend so I won't have an excuse not to get out there and hit the trails while the weather is cold!

oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

JLem311
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
morning everyone. just thought i'd stop in and say hi.
dh has been gone since about 5am saturday morning..so i spent the weekend alone, doing absolutely nothing. it sucked.
DD went back to school today, so we got back into our daily routine. i woke up completely exhausted today too. not a good combo with a 3yr old either.

jewljz
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Morning everyone :) I'm soooooo tired today and did not feel like coming to work AT ALL! I've been off since last Wednesday and it was a bit hard getting everyone out the door this morning, but I'm really glad to be back in a routine. I even brought my gym bag today and plan to squeeze a workout in after work. I decided that I do not need to belong to 2 gyms this year and that I need to take advantage of the fitness center that I paid for all of last year here at work and used only about 10 times! It's cheap, fully equipped, convenient, and they give you all your money back if you use it enough times... what is my problem??? So the plan is to do my cardio here at work a few times a week and to use the DVR to record some other fitness shows the other days. I need to firm up, I'm beginning to feel floppy...

Starting Take Off tomorrow, haven't done it in a month!

Hope everyone is having a great morning, I'll be back later... just too lazy right now...

amylou7777
01-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Happy Monday all!

I had a pretty good weekend. Got some exercise in and even made it to the gym yesterday with DF. Whew-I've got to get back into some sort of shape.

I saw that Kimberly came out and mentioned that she joined WW, so I figured I might as well come out of the bag and let you all know that I am also doing WW online. I haven't been to any meetings yet, but I've really enjoyed the online site and have been learning the point system etc. I was very hesitant, as I completely believed in LAWL's principals etc, but I think my brain just needed a restart. I'll keep you posted, but so far-so good.

Jillian-hang in there girl!

Amy-hope you feel better soon!! Once you are well, get to that gym-it really is amazing how great you feel after.

Hi Lettie and Dan!

Julie-WOW. You have lost a lot of weight girl! You are so, so close! GL with t/o.

Off to work! My scale is showing a loss from last week, but my "official w/i" is tomorrow so I'm motivated to make good choices today!

Dan2112
01-05-2009, 12:08 PM
oooo Dan in bike pants! I want Pics!!

Yeah, well considering how uproariously Liz was laughing at me when I tried them on, I wouldn't hold your breath!

Sige
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Dan, you crack me up!

I am very excited...I haven't gone to my COD for 3 weeks (over the holidays) and finally went to weigh in today and see the damage...I'm DOWN a pound. How the heck did that happen???

Hello to everyone...it's a NEW YEAR!!! Let's do it!

JerseyMadchen
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Amylou- I too am online! We can do this. I thought the same thing. I just needed something new. I have a few cookbooks and such, and I love to cook, so I am thinking this will be fun.

Hope you guys are having a great day!

BarbaraB
01-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Amy (s), Better to sign up for WW and keep working on it, than to do nothing and regret it later. LAWL is an excellent program, but their doors are not open in a lot of places anymore, so if you want/need the extra support of a program, WW seems like a good choice to me. Especially if you try to take whatever you learned from LAWL and apply it there too.

Dan, Hey my profile picture is in bike pants, and no I guess they are not overly flattering on anyone.... LOL... I need a new picture...

Got a meeting better run

AngieH75
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

cecil
01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi All!

Lettie, Nice to see you up early and motivating! Hope you had a great weekend!

Dan, Bike pants that does sound like something I would like to see! HA!

Amy, Hope you feel better! Good luck with the new gym membership! I love mine!

Jillian, hope the week gets better as you go!

Julie, that is what I do too, I bring my gym stuff with to work and change when I am done. It really helps!

Amylou, Love the positive attitude! Sooo excited for the challenge! We can do this!

Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if it’s free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else?

I hope you all have a great Monday!

zambejaly5
01-05-2009, 01:56 PM
....Soooo this weekend I got a post card from LA and they said that I can come back for free to have my lost weeks? I am not sure what they are talking about but if itís free I think I should take advantage. Has this happened to anyone else? ......

Basically they are trying to get you back in their doors first of all, then once you are there, they might try to talk you into buying more than just the "free"weeks that they want to give back to you. but most of all they want you in there to try to sell you more bars and products. so just keep all that in mind when you go. and keep your eyes wide open.

Kimphin
01-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Darn - just typed a book and lost it!

Starting over...

Glad that we are all charging ahead into the New Year! It's good to hear everyone's plans.

I too brought my gym stuff to work - and will be stopping on my way home. I've been making it to the gym 2x week during the holidays, but want to up that to at least 4x. I figure once with the trainer, once on my own and 2x at classes, or a mix of stuff. I'm so happy to be back at a gym, you'd think I was a gym bunny.

Amy/Amy/Kimberly - Good luck on WW. I've done the online thing, and it's pretty good. I do have to say that I think our online community is better than theirs (I am sooo biased though!) With LAWL going the way of the dinosaur and the 8track tape, I guess it is inevitable that more and more of us move on. Glad you are still on here, though - keep us up on how you're doing!

Sige - it always seems that when you dread the results the most, it is not as bad as you've imagined! Great job on the loss.

Dan - bike shorts are evil. As if spandex isn't bad enough, then they add that (necessary, but still...) padded butt thing! Oh the horror. Glad Liz had a laugh.

Cecilia - I used to get those postcards every now and then when my center was open. Go for it, there's no catch, they just try to sell you supplements and stuff ("to help you succeed this time..."). If you say no I just want my weeks, there's nothing they can do but give them to you.

Kimphin
01-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Oops - Lettie beat me to it!

Mama Nicole
01-05-2009, 02:29 PM
My entire post disappeared too.

So, let me just say, hello everyone :)

I am going to try to be good now. My attitude is better, and I have great plans. I am tired of typing, so I will fill you in later :) :lol:

But I have to say.......Jillian.......you look sooo adorable :) I miss being pregnant sometimes. I just can't wait to see pictures of this lttile one :)

Ok, have to go check out Lettie's race to 20 thread now :)
XOXO

Dan2112
01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, trying on those pants were weird.. Specially the padding in the seat.. But that's a necessary evil, considering how sore you can get after 20+ miles. OUCH!!

Ok.. Maybe if I make my race to 20 goal I'll post a picture of me riding... LOL

jewljz
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Dan - some things are better left to the imagination... lol!

ljackson
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
hi all! many of you may not remember me, I was on Lawl a few years back and lost 28 pounds, I posted on this site once in a while. A few of you are still here. Ironically my last login was 1/5/08!
Well, I unfortuantely gained it all back plus an extra 19 pounds! But I am recommiting this year. Although LAWL was not a complete success for me it is the best I have ever done on a "life style" change so I am going to try it again. I have been very controlled with my eating the past 5 days and have worked out 4 out of the last 5 days as well.
I may not have as much to say as all of you, but know I will be out here "lurking" and working hard.

P.S. ignore my ticker down there, I can not bear to put up the real numbers. This make me real sad seeing where I was

cecil
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Welcome back ljackson! A new year a new plan!

Joni135
01-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi PostLoser Nicole and everyone else..I had to chuckle about the whole bike short thing with Dan. I did a cycling class at the gym tonight and realized way too late that I FORGOT to wear bike shorts...even with all my natural padding I am going to be sore tomorrow. It was the toughest workout I've done in a long time, but I feel great right now.

Even though I'm not going LAWL, I tend to really just like this group of folks...guess you can say we have our own little cult here. I'm counting cals and exercising and hoping this works....I'm going to see what the 20 thingie is!

WithFaith50
01-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Hello All. Just popping in to touch base. I'm trying to "immerse" myself in the Express plan literature. I want to get to a point where I can say that I had a POP (perfect on plan) day. I'm having problems getting all of the servings in (veggies & fruit mostly) and spacing meals. I guess I need need to create a two-week menu plan instead of eating on the fly.

Have a great day! :)

Kimphin
01-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Morning all!

Was 100% POP yesterday(that's redundant, I think). First in a long time, and it was OK. It's good for me to realize that it's not a terrible thing and that I don't really 'need' the other junk. Of course, it also helped that I worked out and went home and cleaned carpets and then was in bed by 9:30! Didn't give me a lot of time to get into trouble, LOL.

Welcome back LJackson - back on the wagon with the rest of us!

Have a great day.

jewljz
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm having problems getting all of the servings in (veggies & fruit mostly) and spacing meals.

I always keep low sodium v8 juice and pre-cut apples in the fridge for those types of emergencies - both are easy to grab and go and the v8 cans are so tiny and easy to chug! I am just careful about the v8's so as not to make it an everyday habit... fresh is better. I just remembered also - v8 fusion counts as a serving of each - 8 oz = 1 fruit & 1 veggie.

Kristinx
01-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I was wondering about V8 Fusion and if it counts as servings. Thought it might contain too much sugar to count it. Maybe if used everyday...But I suppose if it's an occasional thing to get those servings in it's probably okay right?

Dan2112
01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Just remember that like regular V8, the Fusion isn't to be used as an everyday thing to get your servings in, especially since technically speaking, it's made from concentrate and has a higher sugar content.

zambejaly5
01-06-2009, 10:39 AM
ok, tuesdays are WI days for me. I have lost all my holiday fluff and a little more. bringing me to 177. Which also puts me 3 lbs into my race to 20! woohoo! I will take it.

Dan2112
01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice job Lettie!! I did my first WI this morning and i'm embarrassed to say I'm at 212... But I guess admitting it is the first step...

jewljz
01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Day 1 of Take off for me - I don't know why I'm dreading this, it really is not that bad! Just to take the edge off - I'm doing it with the bars... wish me luck!

dawn78
01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Lettie - are you still doing LAWL or NutriSystem? I'm sure you already mentioned this, but I must have missed it!

Joni135
01-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

amylou7777
01-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Yes! I can't wait for TBL. I've been watching teasers on youtube. That show definitely motivates me if I watch it every week. I wish I had a treadmill, but I think I'll try Kim's commercial exercises that she posted in the vday challenge.

I just walked another 2miles with Leslie which puts me at 10 miles. My goal was 12 by friday so looks like I'll surpass! It took me a while to finally put my shoes on and do it, but having this mini goal is really helping.

2lbs lost Joni-that's great!! Did you come up with a team name for your hometown challenge?

Glad to have Nicole back!! How were your holidays my dear?

I got some great news at work yesterday! I am still in shock that they offered me this opportunity, but I'm more than happy to take it. I was feeling a little stressed and worried about $ and such on Sunday, and on Monday I felt like my prayers were answered with this new offer. It's been a great year so far!

Hope you guys are having a great week. If you haven't gotten any exercise in a while, get movin! It really is amazing what 15 min of sweat can do for you. Set a little goal for yourself and get up from your computer and do it!

amylou7777
01-06-2009, 12:06 PM
I just went back in the threads and realized I missed the end of page 1.

Angie-WELCOME!! Congrats on making the decision to re-dedicate yourself. I can only imagine how hard it is for you and your bf to lose your baby dog! Believe me, I know what it's like to have a dog that is your child, so thoughts are with you. Don't turn to food, turn to journaling your meals and getting on here for support!

Cecil-thank you!!

Kimphin-yes, so far so good on WW. And I haven't even looked at their online community, I could never imagine finding a group as great as this!

Kimphin
01-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I've been absent for a while, fell off the wagon, but am re-dedicated today. I'm doing take off today and tomorrow and will then be OP. I want to lose 15 pounds by my birthday in April, a do-able goal I think.

The holidays around our house were - challenging. My boyfriend had a 10 year old choco lab that we put to sleep on New Year's eve. We found out about the mass on his spleen on X-mas eve.
I never thought it would be as hard as it was, I only knew Andy (the lab) for the last two years, but if you're like us, your dog is your child. It's horrible when they can't tell you what they want. You have to hope and pray that you made the right choice, for them not for yourself. :(

So with all that going on for a week, I kept myself going mostly on sugar and not so healthy carbs. And my scale and clothing have paid the price. So back onto the wagon I climb!!

Have a great day, chat with you all soon!

Oh, Angie - I missed your post too. I am soo sorry about your Lab - I hate it when my dog is acting differently and I can't figure out what's wrong - so I can only imagine how you both felt over Christmas.

Kimphin
01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Dawn - too funny - I just sent Lettie an IM asking her the same thing....
After last night's RPM (cycling class), I'm down 1.5 lbs (that's since Sunday). I'll take it...
Anyone going to watch TBL tonight? I'm a sucker for that show....I plan to watch it while on my treadmill! Maybe that will motivate me to up my speed and my incline!

Joni- Les Mills RPM? That's what they have at my gym too - and it petrifies me. I keep "accidenty" missing the mandatory introductory session. The appeal of 400,000 calories burned in an hour is apparently outweighed by the potential for sheer mortification.

So, that said, how is it?

Oh, and I'll be watching TBL, and TiVOing the National Body Challenge, and then watching the TiVo'd version of DieTribe from last night. DH will want to put a bullet in his head by 11:00PM.

Hoochie
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Just thought I'd check in as its been a while. December was a killer. I went on a cruise for a week and then came home to Christmas functions. I am not sure if it was the food or the drinks that did me in. I enjoyed myself immensely and was a little worried to step on the scale January 1rst. To my surprise, i was only up 2 pounds! yippy!
My husband bought me a workout set for Christmas so I have begun my New Years resolution and I think with the support of this group, i can do it!!!!!
I now have my treadmill and my home gym so I am going to try rotating my exercises. Its been really nice to have my hubby or son work out with me. They really push me which is excellent.
Well I have set a goal to lose 4 pounds this month, one a week. I need to start my year being realistic.
For those of you on WW, my neighbor lost 50 pounds on Weightwatchers this year and she looks fantastic. I have heard good things about it. I am not going to LAWL centre anymore but I am going to try and stick to their program. Gotta run..talk to you soon. Nice to see everyone again!

Joan

JLem311
01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
hey everyone. yesterday was absolutely horrible for me. i don't even want to get into it either. it just sucked so bad. there was lots of tears that's for sure.
not sure how much better today is..we'll see later i suppose.

glad to hear that everyone is in good spirits and doing well!

JLem311
01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
oh and nicole--thanks for the compliment. i still feel like a huge cow. but a few people in person have commented on how "cute" i look pregnant. funny, i never got those comments last two times..but that's probably because i was double my size then. ha. anyways..just thought i'd say thanks. it makes me think that i actually do look semi-decent, even though i don't feel like i do. :)

BarbaraB
01-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Kim, I love all the diet shows. I really enjoy that Ruby show, I don't know if anyone else has caught it. I saw an ad for Diet Tribe and was thinking it looked good too. I can feel you being at one with your POPness from here.

Joni, I bought a gel seat to put on the bike, so I can wear whatever and still be comfortable. I highly recommend getting one. They are not too expensive, but it makes a big difference for me to use one. How is RPM different than spin? They don't have the RPM at my gym, just what they call "reaction cycling" which is just a spin class.

Lettie, 3 pounds already? Wow you are really shrinking lately.

Dan, I'm sure you'll soon be giving Lettie a challenge. My scale has crept up too, and I just am not going to let it defeat me.

I'm trying something a little different, the flat belly diet. It is really more or less calorie counting with 3 meals of 400 calories each and a snack with the same for 1600 calories a day. Plus you are supposed to get some good fat with each of these meals, so it is a lot more fat than LAWL. So far I feel really good, and it is a break from the bars, as after two and a half years, I needed a break. I still think I'll go back to LAWL in a few weeks, this is just a change to see if it helps flatten my belly and gets me back on track... Plus I have to pay a lot more attention to what I'm eating if I'm calorie counting, as I'd gotten to sloppy.

jewljz
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Oh, and I'll be watching TBL, and TiVOing the National Body Challenge, and then watching the TiVo'd version of DieTribe from last night. DH will want to put a bullet in his head by 11:00PM.

Kim - you crack me up! I wanted to watch all of these also, but even with a DVR I'll never find the time to keep on top of all that, unless I give up either work or sleep... maybe I just combine the two and sleep at work! That'll do it! :)

Kimphin
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Since finding my true love (TiVo) I have found that you can watch a 1 hour show in about 40 minutes. And with all of the repeated junk on TBL, their 2 hour shows take about 1:15 to watch.

You will find that you can no longer stand to watch TV without the DVR. I never realized how impatient I am until I lived at SIL's house for 3 days when the power went out and I had to watch TV without it.

petitelapin
01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
I am finally back after almost a month of MIA. I am up about 2lbs from where I left off which isn't nearly as bad as it could be. So I am about 10 lbs away from goal. Probably because I was sick over Christmas so I didn't overindulge and in CR I mostly ate beans and rice (too bad about all the malibu though).

Doing second day of TO today (w/ oranges instead of TO juice). And I went to swim laps yesterday and back to the gym today. It has definitely hit me this afternoon, I am exhausted.

Happy that someone posted on a thread about how to do stabilization as I doubt I'll head back to my COD (if it is even open).

Tan

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/chick01/lb/162.2/120/130.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bradleys mom
01-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Kim, I agree, WW community is nothing like this!! There is a LOT of negativity on their boards. I posted a few times and really didnt like some of the responses, at least here, I KNOW I have support! DH and I used to have Tivo at our first place when we first got married (we had Dish Network) when we left from there we left the satellite and went to cable! I really hated sitting through commercials for the longest time after that!

Amylou, slow down!!! I am just chalking up 2 miles for today! We may have to make a "miles" challenge next week!

I really want to find a cycling class, I think they may have one at the local rec center. I think I will go to their website and see!

Kimphin
01-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Kimberly - That's what I thought about the WW boards too. I don't think I posted more than 2x there.

Heading home, hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Sige
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
<--------is wondering how much her gallbladder weighs and when they take it out on Friday will it still count as *weight* lost? :dizzy:

JerseyMadchen
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey guys!

WOW, I was on this morning at about 10:30am and I missed so much since then! It's nice having everyone back! Let'sal make a commitment to stay!

I have been feeling miserable and as you all know it's so hard to diet being sick. I either don't want to eat or eat crap.

I did make a big step yesterday and got new sneaks and apparel to workout in, so that motivated me. Nike has this cool thing you can put in your sneaker to track al your movement, but it's for an iPod Nano and I have a regular one. BOO. Not only do I have to go back to return it, I am just dissapointed in general.

Kim- I am DEFINITELY watching TBLtonight. Well, DVR-ing it. I don't watch any of my shows in real time since getting it. I actually got Jillian Michaels for Wii FIt which I have yet to open. My DH traded in all his old games and let me use the credit at Game Stop for the 2009 edition!

Amylou- how's WW? I don't even know where to start. I know it's a small hurdle and I guess I am a little overwhelmed... are you doing it online? And did I ask you that already?

KimberlyR- I love your mini-goals on your signature. Mini-goals are key.

I set my WW mini 4 week goal to 10lbs and3 days a week of exercising. It's a start, believe me!

It's actually a great document for mini-goals. I have it saved if anyone wants it. PM me your email address and I will send it along!

During TBL tonight I will start going through all my literature for WW andstart planning.

Oh, BTW, I LOVE RUBY! She is so sweet and loveable! She lost 100 lbs!

Repo girl
01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
<--------is wondering how much her gallbladder weighs and when they take it out on Friday will it still count as *weight* lost? :dizzy:

Hmmm, well, surely 10 lbs, right? LOL. Good luck with that!

amylou7777
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Sige-I hope it weighs a ton! GL with the surgery!

KimR-I'm addicted to leslie! I'm definitely thinking of a mileage challenge starting Friday. I love your siggys too!

Amy-I've been online with WW for about a month. It took me two weeks to really navigate the site and figure out who to divide my points up throughout the day. It's definitely different, but I'm coming to WW with so much knowledge from LAWL so I'm really trying to figure out how to combine to two. Don't be overhwhelmed, give yourself a week or so to really look around. The best part is that there are SO many foods already in the journal. Restaurants, product names-it's really nice and easy. Hope you feel better soon!

Kimphin-I'm a tivo snob too! DF bought me a separate tivo for our anniversary a while back, so we each have our own....I will have to check out dietribe. I don't get the channel that Ruby is on tho! I saw a preview somewhere and really wanted to watch. I'm so inspired by your POPness!

Hi Barb-your change of pace sounds great! Let us know how it turns out!

Hi Katie! Nicole!

amylou7777
01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome back Tan and Joan!

Jillian-no more tears! Hope that today was much better than yesterday. Stay positive girl!

Dairy Fairy
01-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Hmmm, well, surely 10 lbs, right? LOL. Good luck with that!

Dunno- I had 12 lbs of babies come out and probalby lost 10 lbs :dizzy:

Ok, I have to buckle down. I posted regularly a while back and then quit posting when I got pg with twins. I gained 80 lbs with them BUT have lost most of it and just need to lose 35 lbs. They are gonna be 2 in February, so no more excuses. I saw that show Ruby on Oxygen and this woman is dieting with HUNDREDS to lose to be a healthy weight. I have to lose a measly 35 lbs or so, so why am I being so lazy about it!?!?!

I really liked LAWL (except the salt thing is so hard to manage!) and I like it because it forces me to get used to eating a balanced way. I like eating healthy, but sometimes I need that kick in the pants.

I don't recognize a lot of you from my time here, but I am hoping it means everyone is off in maintenence (sp?) land where I hope to be some time soon.

Later!
Mary

dawn78
01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Mary!! I'm still here, unfortunately still in the weight loss phase. I’m also struggling to loss the same baby weight from almost 2 years ago. I really don’t know what my problem is. The first time around I was so motivated to get the weight off because I wanted to be at a healthier weight when I got pregnant, but this time I don’t have anything pushing me. I’m in my brother’s wedding this summer & you would think that would be enough of a push, but it hasn’t been. I know how to do this, I just can’t stick to the plan 100% like I did my first time.

BTW, how are the boys?

Dairy Fairy
01-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I am right where you are-:hug: I wanted to lose weight so I did not start a pregnancy at 212 lbs. When I went in labor with the twins the nurse asked me how much I had gained with the twins and when I told her 80 lbs she looked at me and said "well dang you were a tiny little thing." hahaha. It's hard for me to find motivation as well because I am not getting pregnant again and my family doesn't have a ton of weight related health issues like some people. My husband is going to the gym more and I guess I am not wanting to be his fat wife if he loses weight.

How is your little one? Eli is almost 5 and the twins are almost 2. They are all doing well.

This morning I did really well and had 1/2p, 2v, 1fruit, 1 condiment for breakie. I'm really proud I was able to eat veggies for breakfast :D

JLem311
01-07-2009, 10:32 AM
morning everyone. just thought i'd pop in and say hi. ugh. what a week. i'm so unbelievably exhausted. i feel like i haven't slept in weeks, even though i'm getting about 8hrs each night. i'm sure it's just because dh is gone and i miss him quite a bit. i've never been so thankful in my life that it's just 2wks this time around instead of 8 months. i'm definitely dreading when 2010 comes around and he has to be gone for a year. :( gosh i don't even want to think about that right now. ugh.

hope everyone has a good day!

Repo girl
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone!

Mary- Yahoooooo!! So glad to see you back here. We are doing it right this time. I HAVE to loose this @#%$ing weight.

Tan- Hey girl!

So, get this. I am working on my certificate to be able to do hypnotherapy in my clinic. I really wanted it to do past life regressions, but now I have people asking for hypnosis for lots of other stuff, like to quit smoking, and of course, WEIGHT LOSS!!! How the **** can I help other people lose weight when they come into the clinic to see me, morbidly obese? The right answer is, it is very difficult to do that kind of work on yourself, but still.......I gotta get a handle on this. Somebody kick me, please.....

jewljz
01-07-2009, 11:22 AM
morning everyone - day 2 of take off - wish me luck again, I need it! Yesterday's take off was O.K... until grocery shopping in the afternoon. I went to the health food bulk aisle and found "toasted corn" - which is like corn nuts without all the bad stuff - it was only 40 calories per 1/4 cup. I bought some as a snack for DH, but decided to taste it in the car... a taste turned into waaaaay more than a serving and not something I should be eating on take off... I felt terrible after I did it and even more terrible after watching TBL (in real time because I don't have my DVR installed yet!)

Anyway - please send some willpower dust my way! I will be working out today also - workout number 2 of 4 for weekly goal.

Hoochie
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Watched TBL last night. I had tears watching it...it must be my hormones!!!
Its such an inspirational show. Can you imagine losing 25 pounds in a week.
WOW!
Have a great day everyone.

JerseyMadchen
01-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey guys!

Rainy, dark, miserable day here in Jersey. Perfect day to stay in the house and try to beat this being sick thing!

I watched TBL last night and was in tears too. My DH and I are still not living together 24/7 as he is still working in PA, and the White team (forget their names) had me balling. So what's up with sending so many home? That really sucked! Sometimes their twists don't make sense.

I love how after that I watched The Real Housewives of OC...it's addicting! I can't help it! AHH!!! Please tell me I am not alone!

Well, funny thing... I am a Facebook junkie, and it turns out there's about 6-7 of us from my alma mater (HS) on WW. I suggested that we do our own meetings as most of us are doing it online. So, now I am hosting! Yey!

Amylou- I feel better now that you told me you took 2 weeks to get organized. I have been going through all my WW magazines, cookbook, and online trying to get this clear in m head. I also bought a kit on eBay stupidly... if I had bought it on WW.com I would have saved $20+. UgH!

Well, hope you guys have a great day!

jewljz
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Amy - I didn't like the twist on TBL either... so sad!!!

BarbaraB
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Amy, I was especially struck by how sick TBL contestents are from their obesity. Seeing the lungs pushed up in their chest and how huge their livers are and how the fat had actually invaded their organs..... Wow.

Julie, Takeoff is hard, so don't be too down on yourself. You've done so great!

Katie, I know you have it in you to be a healthier version of yourself. You are always taking care of everyone else. Don't forget yourself. You are so worth it.

Jillian, How sweet you are to miss your DH so acutely. Young love.... I suppose after a couple of decades of marriage and after your kids are grown and gone from the house, it is somehow easier to say, yeah go ahead and go and do that..... and secretly set the thermostat higher, hog the remote and the bed and just leave the dishes in the sink all night long when he is gone (my DH can not rest if he knows there is anything in the sink, I on the other hand can sleep with dishes in the bed) So I enjoy my time to be myself. I can remember when we were apart and it was a misery though..... I just came to appreciate the time to be by myself more as I aged though.

bradleys mom
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Amy, I was especially struck by how sick TBL contestents are from their obesity. Seeing the lungs pushed up in their chest and how huge their livers are and how the fat had actually invaded their organs..... Wow.

Me too Barbara, I was really wondering how much of my insides are like that! Major Motivation!

Sige
01-07-2009, 02:45 PM
I watched TBL last night for the first time (part of it anyway). My first impression is that they were pushing their sedentary bodies far too far all at once...it doesn't seem like it would be very good for a morbidly obese body. Shouldn't they start off a little easier? Puking on the treadmill (in my mind) is your body's way of saying "too much too fast"...? I don't know, maybe there are extenuating circumstances?

I also wonder how realistic it is, after working so hard so many hours a day, to keep weight off. No one can keep up that pace forever...? Thoughts?

I too was quite surprised and more than a little bit disturbed at how fat just "invades" everything. Thank goodness I'm here!

Not being a **** disturber, but just my curiosity?

Hope all are having a good day.

Peggy

WithFaith50
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi guys! I did not like the twist on TBL. It would be more acceptable to me if it was done later in the season...when the contestants would be more knowledgeable about how to get the weight off.

On a brighter note...I stepped on the scale this morning just to see where I'm at and was pleasantly surprised! I hopped off real quick just in case the scale changed it's mind and threw up the "real" number, lol. Now...I don't believe the number I saw, but it sure makes me feel good! I will NOT weigh myself again until my real weigh in day (Monday), so I can use this good feeling to help me try to stay on track.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Dairy Fairy
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Amy- Real Housewives Junkie here!!! I was reserving judgment on the Gretchen situation but the previews for next week look VERY interesting. We'll see. It's sad what a crappy person Vicky is becoming. I guess her "fame" is going to her head because I just don't remember her being so mean in past seasons. She is letting material/superficial things ruin her life.

Katie, you need to work on telephone hypnotherapy...then give us your number ;) I have never had any "past life" stuff done and I have no desire, but when I was in college my friend Joanie was friends with a psychic lady named Carla who would sometimes say things about people Joanie knew. When I started dating my husband Carla told Joanie to tell me we have been together many many lifetimes but often as siblings. Not sure I believe all that, but we sure do fight like it sometimes!

I'm doing so good today so far...and I still have my beloved dairy serving left for an afternoon snack!!! Afternoon is my hard time. I have almost no desire to eat in the morning or at night- so why am I overweight again???

bradleys mom
01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Peggy - The contestants are very closely watched, as you saw with the older guy, Jerry (I think) there were medics right there when he started feeling bad. I think they are always on hand. I have watched all 7 seasons and even the "special" season in between and there havent been but a few episodes where someone had to be taken to the hospital from over exertion. And even when they were, most if not all got to come back to the show. I agree with the puking on the treadmill part though, I think that was a little much, I felt sorry for the gal!

The scale was very nice to me again this morning! I am loving weight watchers, I feel I have a little more freedom than I had with LAWL, but a lot of LA's principles have stuck with me, like knowing how many servings of each food group I should have (or close to it anyway).

Repo girl
01-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Mary- It is a trend for souls to travel through lifetimes together. I regressed my sister last week, and in the lifetime she visited, her brother was our dad in this life. Good job staying on plan today!!!

Barbara- Thanks girl, I needed that.

Peggy- I wonder about the safety too. Also, I think that it is really degrading to have those women weighing in sports bras. How humiliating.

ljackson
01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
i agree about the sports bras on TBL, did you ever notice that the women wear sports bras in the beginning of the season but as they get towards the end they keep thier shirts on, how embarrassing!

BarbaraB
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
There are some things about TBL that are troubling. Frankly I don't know if we need to see the guys without their shirts either.

They lose weight too fast and exercise too much, and no one can do that in real life. I suppose they have the added shame of having appeared on a show like that, and that would be motivating, since if they regain the weight, everyone will notice..... Most of the people on that show do regain at least some of the weight, but then again they usually starved themselves silly for the finale to win the money. I would... I would play every trick in the book to get my weight down, since they only go on weight. I saw the biggest loser Austrailia, and they did a combination of percentage fat loss and weight lost.

JLem311
01-07-2009, 07:11 PM
ok, so my week has gone from bad to worse. let's see..today i broke my little toe. i like seriously broken. it's all black and blue and it hurts to walk. and of course i had to finish my day chasing around ds and doing all the other stuff that goes along with that. and then on my way home, a rock hit my windshield a gave it a huge crack that i now need to fix ASAP before th whole thing needs to be replaced. and it sucks even more because i just had a huge crack from a rock fixed just last week!
omg..seriously i had a breakdown in the car and it's still going on.
why does everything have to happen to me this week?!? i just don't get it. it's like the universe know that i'm struggling and just gives me one last kick while i'm down. ugh.

sorry. had to vent. i'm sooooo over this week. i just wanna curl up in my bed until the 18th when dh comes back.

Mama Nicole
01-07-2009, 09:16 PM
awww, Jillian.........it's going to be ok. I get the same way when my DH is gone. I get lovesick....still.....and it just makes everything more difficult. And, soooo osrry about the toe.....I broke my pinky toe when I was 23, and it hurt way more than I thought it should. Hang in there........things will be better tomorrow :) :hug:

From the sounds of it, TBL is sounding a bit disappointing this year. I only watched it a coule of times a couple of years ago, and it was intersting to me, but they dragged it out too much for my liking. Like Kim, I am in love with Tivo. Lve TV is a pain in the butt.

Oh, and Jillian.........DD says to be sure to use Pampers. I have to agree......they are way nicer than they used to be.....and baby Maria leaks way less in them than the others.

Speaking of DD.........she asked me this weekend if she could go away to college in Wisconsin and leave the baby with me. What do you all think of that? I just don't know what to think. I know peole do these kinds of things, but I am not the kind of mom who could have done that. I keep reminding myself that when she told us she was pregnant.......and was considering adoption........we promised her we would help in any way she needed.........so what's a mamma to do???? I have no clue. We aer only in the talkign about it stages, and I guess I hope she will change her mind.....but seriously, what do you guys think about it all?

Ok, well, I am day 2 POP.....whoohoooo. I did sneak a lookie lookie at the sclae today, and it showed me with a nice little loss.....but I promised myself that I wouldn't officially WI until Friday. I am pretty excited about it.
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
01-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey Guys!

TBL! I think the girl (Laura?) who threw up on the treadmill was acting a little bit… I agree that they just exercise them to death and let them go home. I wish they would talk more about their diet. I don’t think they have ever said anything about that… They’re obviously not eating what they used to! I agree too about the shirts… no one needs to see that… Hey, I don’t know about your COD’s, but we had to keep our shirts on. Now, I never wore jeans…I guess we take it where we can get it.

Jillian- I am sorry to hear about your crappy week. My girlfriend just replaced her windshield after a rock was dropped over an overpass onto her… It’s so funny, I know what you mean about things just never working out. It’s worse when I am alone too. I was so independent before!!! AHH!!! What happened to me??!?!? Hang in there chickadee… Keep your eye on your mailbox…

Nicole- that’s a tough situation with DD. You guys have been very supportive of the whole situation and a HUGE help I am sure. I have missed a lot since she was born… If it was me I would not allow her to go away to school. Are you raising the baby as yours? If not, she needs to step up to the plate and tae on her responsibility. Please do not take this as offensive… Just my worthless two cents.

DairyFairy- I know! Vickie is such a b*tch! She is going to lose her husband. She is downright CRUEL to him. Seriously, you are not all that… she needs a facelift. HAHA! Listen to me, I sound like them! But if she is going to act like that, she should get it back! Gretchen is a little “flirt!” I figured something would happen sooner or later. I can’t believe how much she goes on with her life with her fiancé sick too… wow, money does not make you happy! I have to admit, I LOVE Gretchen’s PERFECT hair! She is gorgeous…

KimberlyR- I am so glad WW is working for you! I am still setting up and researching. I bought a little magazine cookbook for WW at CVS tonight and was looking through it. Some recipes are a little too gourmet for me, but I will be using it a lot.

After talking to a few girls on Facebook about WW, we’re starting our own meetings. I am hosting our first on MLK day!

Well, hope you’re having a great night!

Mama Nicole
01-07-2009, 10:31 PM
11/1/2008
Famous Quote #1
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

Don't you just love that? I do :) I copied and pasted it from someone's blog that I don't even know. :lol:

JerseyAmy.......I appreciate your honesty.....and your 2 cents is not worthless at all. I am lost....don't know what to do......and it helps me so much to have conversations about things like this. No, we are not raising the baby as our own....but I think she is wishing we were. She said the other day........"mom, I just wish she was my sister instead of my baby." I have so many thoughts I just need to sort them. I ask for advice to help me sort......and I don't take offense.....in the end, DH and I have to live with the decisions, and I'm sure things will work out. I just want to do what is best for our DD and our GD.

Ok, have to go chill with DH. It is late already. Keep your eyes on the prize b1tches.......we are getting closer and closer.
XOXO

zambejaly5
01-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Nicole, I kinda agree with amy.....the first person that needs to be considered is the baby..... so. if it were me, I would tell her to chose, go to college and you formally adopt the baby. or take full responsiblity for her baby. the baby doesn't need to be yanked back and forth. think your the mommy for a few years and then be shoved back to her when they haven't even bonded that much.

but on the other hand. it is soooo much easier to say that when it is not my daughter...... :)

amylou7777
01-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi Friends!

I cried during TBL too! Goodness, I'm glad it wasn't just me! It just really hit a chord and was also really scary. There's nothing on TV tonight, so I've got the people's choice awards on while I check my emails and Queen Latifah looks so good! I love the purple dress I just saw her in.

Oh Nicole, is sounds like there really isn't an easy answer. I have to admit that my first thought was , "how on earth could a mother leave her baby?!" It's hard bc I don't have kids yet, but after thinking about it, I think the reality is that she thinks that leaving you to raise the baby would be the best thing for her. It sounds like your daughter is really scared. She trusts you and probably thinks she could never raise a child as well as you. I think it's great she wants to go to college, but she now has a huge responsibility that prevents her from moving anywhere she pleases, and I think she has to really understand that. My DF has a friend who had a baby at 15, went on to college and took the baby with her. She is now a law school grad and trying to pass the bar. Your daughter has options, she just has to remember to think for two. I totally agree with Lettie, every conversation has to begin with Maria's best interest. I really hope that this works out for you and your family. ----sorry for the novel!! I just know that you are struggling and I really hope that it works out!!!!:hug:

I didn't get a workout in today, but definitely did my fair share of walking all around downtown today for client interviews.

Amy-how great to have a meeting with your friends!! WW is pretty much no-fail. Eat what you want and plug it in, you'll quickly learn what to stay away from and how much to eat. I know you can do this!!

Kristinx
01-08-2009, 02:30 AM
I cried during TBL too...but my grandfather also passed away yesterday...it just really re-affirmed my goals to get healthy this year....I'm actually surprised he lived as long as he did with how he took care of himself. And unfortunately I didn't know him as well as I probably should have. But I am 26 and I want ot have kids and grandkids and want to be able to be there for them. My bf has a 10 year old son and he's already struggling with his weight....I want to be a better role model for him as well. He may not be mine so I may not understand completely how a parent feels but I just don't want him to have to go through the pain of being an overweight child and teenager...it breaks my heart.
Anyhow, a bit of a rant but I am so psyched for this lifestyle change! (I will not call it a diet :p)

Kimphin
01-08-2009, 09:01 AM

LOL, that's exactly what I wanted to know when I got mine out! Sadly, it is a small organ. Probably only a few ounces.

Good Luck!

Kimphin
01-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Jillian, How sweet you are to miss your DH so acutely. Young love.... I suppose after a couple of decades of marriage and after your kids are grown and gone from the house, it is somehow easier to say, yeah go ahead and go and do that..... and secretly set the thermostat higher, hog the remote and the bed and just leave the dishes in the sink all night long when he is gone (my DH can not rest if he knows there is anything in the sink, I on the other hand can sleep with dishes in the bed) So I enjoy my time to be myself. I can remember when we were apart and it was a misery though..... I just came to appreciate the time to be by myself more as I aged though.

Oh, Barbara - you make me laugh! (esp the part about sleeping with the dishes in the bed):D

I too, love it when DH goes away. Bed and pillows all to myself! But, I can sympathize with Jillian, beacuse I don't know how I'd feel if DH were gone for long stretches of time. It has to be hard.

Kimphin
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Jillian - Broken toes suck. It just sucks because there is nothing that can be done for it. DH has broken his pinky toe so many times that we say that they just grow back like crab claws. I really hope your week starts to improve!

Nicole - Yeah, this is a tough one. Part of you wants DD to chase her dreams, but another part wants her to take the responsibility for her actions. I know that you and DH said that you would support her, and you really have, but to what end? I agree with Lettie - give DD a choice, and make her decide what is best for her daughter. Is there a special reason that she wants to go to Wisconsin? I do like that she wants to go to college, though. She has goals for the future.

I cried during TBL too. The white team guy (Jerry) reminds me a lot of my dad (although Dad was not 300lbs) so, I cried during that whole thing. I laughed at the intro, though, where Bob and Jillian were yelling at us to put down the ice cream and DO something! I was glad that I was drinking water and not something else so I didn't have to feel guilty, LOL. I think it sucks that 1/2 got sent home, but I guess that 5 of them will be back in a month.

Trainer killed me yesterday. Ugh. Can't wait for that pain to set in in about 8 hours. She was impressed with my form though, so it felt good to hear that as I was crumpled in a heap on the floor, panting.

3 days POP! Woo hoo! We are going out to dinner tonight, so I'm worried, but I have looked at the menu ahead of time and chosed what I am getting.

Repo girl
01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Kristin- Oh, so sorry about your grandfather.

Nicole- Hmmmm, wow. That tough. I have total faith in you that you will do the best for all involved though. On one hand, it is awesome that she wants to go to college. I have had many young, single daycare moms through the years that have no ambition at all, work minimum wage jobs, and live on welfare with no end in sight. So, in that way, it is a good sign to me. Especially because this is the same kid that you had to beat out of bed with a stick to go to school for a long time. If I were you, I would consider asking Em if what she is really wanting is for you and DH to adpot Maria.

So, I weighed today. My god. 237 lbs. My highest non pregnancy weight ever. I am done with this today. I HAVE to get a hold of this weight right now!

jewljz
01-08-2009, 10:14 AM
3 days POP! Woo hoo! We are going out to dinner tonight, so I'm worried, but I have looked at the menu ahead of time and chosed what I am getting.

Kim - so proud of you! That is really key - to know what you are going to eat before the time comes - I always know in advance what I will order and I don't go anywhere I don't know what they serve!

amylou7777
01-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Quick drive by before I head to work...

KIM you lost 6lbs already???!

Kristin-I'm so sorry for you loss. Good for you for caring so much about BF's son. Setting him on the right path now will only save him from years of struggles. I was 10 when I started getting "chubby" and it's been 15yrs of being the fat girl. That ends this year!

Katie-I know that the new number can seem frightening (I was down to 238 and had to change my ticker) but it's reality and you are definitely strong enough to handle it. Get that ticker up and do this!

Julie-I'm so envious of your ticker! You have really done great...I know you are going to get those last 8 off!

Sige
01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
237 was my magic number...Katie, you can do this!

Dan2112
01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey gang..

Back from my one day road trip and I'm glad to admit I was pretty good.. Instead of taking the easy road and grabbing some snacks when I filled up (as I've started doing again when I go on road trips, sadly), I took a baggie of carrot and celery sticks and had a big salad for lunch when all around me were eating mexican combo plates.

Sadly, little move on the scale.. I figured I'd show a little water loss at least, since I've been POP for two days..

I think my trouble is that while I'm not eating crap, I'm eating what was should be eating for maintenance rather than weight loss... I gotta go dig up my plan guides (from whatever darkened drawer they're in) and figure out what I need to do.

I'm going carb (bread type) free today and will be focusing on lean proteins and veggies to see if that helps..

Suggestions would be appreciated..

amylou7777
01-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Dan-I know that when I consistently choose all high fiber foods in addition to being POP-I generally see a loss. Fiber one cereal, apples, dark green veggies and my fiber supp.

I've also been trying to eat a larger lunch bc that is when I am the most hungry. I've been eating really small dinners and that has helped me tremendously. But, you know as well as anyone that sometimes the scale holds out on ya and then boom-a nice big loss. Hang in there!

jewljz
01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Nicole – what a dilemma! I personally would want to encourage your daughter to face her responsibilities and to learn a very important lesson about life – gone are the days when you can focus fully on one specific thing. The other thing I would want her to learn is that she can’t run anytime there is a problem. I was not faced with obstacles when I was college age, other than my own lack of ambition. It wasn’t until I had my oldest DS and he was 3 or 4 that I decided to go back to school, yeah it was hard and it took me longer and I had to study while everyone was asleep, but it was my goal and I finished it… It can be done.

Now the other side to this story is that you can’t force someone into something that they do not want. I have a SIL that recently had twins and got divorced, she needed so much help and the family was so resistant to help because she was not helping herself, all she wanted to do was sleep. They held this “tough love” attitude until it was apparent that she had a drug problem and was not caring for her children properly… had they just pitched in a little more, perhaps it would not have gotten to that point.

I hope everything works out for you, your DD, and baby Maria!

Repo girl
01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Okay, my new ticker is up. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Mary- How did your first day back on plan go?

Dan- You are my hero, man. Catching a little gain and getting it under control........wish I would have done that.

Hoochie
01-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Kristinx- So sorry to hear about your Grandfather!

Jillian- I feel so bad for you. I went thru huge emotions with my second child and when bad days hit, I remember just crying. There wasn't anything that anybody could say to help me. Crazy emotions when your pregnant hey!

I too am having a few bad days. Yesterday I found out that my Grandmas kidneys have stopped so they have given her a day to 3 days to live. Is tough! I left work early yesterday to get a new hairdo and I don't know what I was thinking but its really short now and the colors are so dark and a little blotchy. I felt like crying this morning when I couldn't do my hair, how pathetic eh!! I know its just hair and it will grow back but aghhh!!!!
The only good thing this week is that I have been sticking to eating healthy and I am feeling so good. Tonight I am going to do a good workout and takeout all my bad hair emotions!!

dawn78
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Mary – the kids are good, but boy is my little girl naughty! DS was never like this. With Noelle it’s like she hit the terrible two's when she was about 10 months old and she’ll first be 2 on Valentine’s day!

Nicole – that’s a tough one! Like everyone else said, it’s great that she wants to go onto college and better her future, but how could she just leave her baby behind. I agree with Letti, I think she needs to pick or come to a compromise and go to college closer to home. Would you and your DH consider adopting Maria? Maybe that’s what DD wants?? Is her boyfriend still in the picture? How do you feel about DD taking Maria with her to college in Wisconsin? I think that would be hard on you as well, being you’re such a big part of Maria’s life right now. I don’t know your daughter or what her lifestyle is like, but as we all know, college can present you with many challenges and put you in tough predicaments and putting a baby into the mix would be very worrisome IMO. Did that make any sense?? Where I’m getting to is college can turn into one big party, at least temporarily, and I wouldn’t want to have to worry about a baby’s safety in the “college” life. At least if she would go to college closer to home you could still be active in Maria’s daily life, or it would be easier. Where in Wisconsin does DD want to go?

Mama Nicole
01-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Katie.........the big numbers suck a little, don't they? I feel ya.....I am up to, or was anyway on monday to 232.4. My altime highest ever.......I never even got this fat while pregnant. But, we have to know where we are in order to get it together.......so a lot of us had to face the evil sclae in order to push on. It's all good now. I have been very good this week, and I have every intention of winning the race to 20.

As far as DD goes.........she wants me and DH to get gaurdianship of the baby. My concern is her heart more than anything. Noone can force a person to grow up before they are ready. If having this baby was going to mature her, and seven months later she is still struggling with this......I just don't know. I know she loves Maria......but she sometimes seems somewhat detatched. And my other concern is Maria's well being. I don't want her to suffer while her mom finds her way. Yes, I know many children have to suffer their parent's mistakes.......but really should they have to if there is help? I just don't know. Also.......I have to believe that DD is attempting to be somewhat responsible by planning for their future. Sometimes we know our limits, and I have to give her credit for taking the time to consider that she may not beable to handle single motherhood and college. She wants to go to Wisconsin cuz that is where she grew up. We have only been in STL for the last 4 years or so. She wants to go home. All of her friends and family are there.....and she is lonely. Also........ I have to consider the rest of my family Heck, I don't know. I just know that like Julie said, tough love isn't always the right answer, and I just want them to be ok. I also khow as I was a single mom who did do all of the responsible things, like work, go to school, and pretty much take on whatever life threw at me......that eventually you have to go through all the normal stages of maturity. I didn't go through a lot of things normal 20 year olds go through until I was almost 30. Being a single mom means you don't get breaks......you don't get to go out with friends, somehow society expects you to go above and beyond.......do more than the average married mom. And it is an impossible standard to live up to. Eventually, you crack to some extent. I know I cannot shelter DD from the way the world works.......but I sure want to help her in any way I can while she enters adulthood with her baby. Also......many girls give their babies up for adoption to pursue exactly what DD wants to. My DD just happens to be honest to a higher degree than most....lol. . I am sorry for the counseling session I have not paid for.....:)

Ok, anyway........day three of POP. How are the rest of you surviving? One day at a time....and for those of us with a lot to lose........next year this time, we will be inspiring the newbies to push on :)
XOXO

jewljz
01-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Jillian - So sorry its raining on you - maybe a good soak in the tub would help... that's what I do when i'm feeling defeated... things will get better!

Dan - make sure you're getting your water in and try to eat your last meal early in the evening - these seem to always help me in showing a loss.

Amy - thanks for being envious - it keeps me motivated!

everyone else that I missed - hope you are having a great day today!

I did workout #2 of 4 last night and have my gym bag again today! Day 2 of takeoff was almost a complete joke... I drank the juice, but I'm not sure what good I did with everything else that I ate! Back to plan today... I think my mindset is just not there for takeoff and it tends to make me feel too restricted and then I want to GO CRAZY! I'm doing fine today, back in my groove... I would reeeeeeaaaaalllllly like to be 132 by monday! and out of the 130's by the end of January! I'm hoping GOAL will be everything that I want it to be... I'm pretty ok with most of my body, the only part that really bugs me is the top part of my belly and a little bit of back fat... I sure hope that the 8lbs comes off in exactly those places!

cecil
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Ok, Nicole I have no time but I want to get my two sense in too.

It really sounds like your daughter wants you to raise Maria. What a tough decision to make. I agree with everyone else in saying that you need to ask her if she wants you to adopt Maria and then she can go to school or if she wants to be a mom, and she can still go to school just not go away to school. It is overwhelming to be a young parent especially without a significant other. I know that I WOULD NOT have done it on my own. So maybe it is in the best interest of Maria and your DD. But she needs to seriously think about that and make a decision. And remember that this is FOREVER.

I will try and get back in here later today!

STAY POP!

Sige
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
(((Nicole))) Tough decision...you, I am sure, have already posted it, but how old is your daughter?

JerseyMadchen
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey guys!!

Kristinx- I am the same way. I am 25 and recently married… I want to have kids so bad, but cannot and WILL not get pregnant at this weight. My back is already killing me daily!

Hoochie- Been there don that with the hair. Back in my dating days (hehe) I would change my hairstyle after each break up. Then while dating I would grow it out. Break up, chop it off and dye it darker… a MEAN cycle!

Jillian- things getting any better today? I hope…

Amylou- moving the darn ticker higher is awful, I am dreading doing it myself.

Nicole- From what you said about Maria wanting to “go home” it’s almost like she wants to forget everything that’s happened and start again. I am sure she regrets those moments of passion that led to the baby, and wants to move on. Unfortunately you are all attached to the baby and adoption at this point is out of the question. I know of a girl that had a baby at a young age and left him with her parents while she went off to school. The parents were raising the child, but she was still his “mom.” I don’t know details, but that 6 year old had some emotional problems. Are you up to adopting the baby? I think if you do, you and DH are mom and dad and Maria need s to be the sister. It seems like she is now anyway. You sounds like an awesome mom, Nicole, and I think you know deep down it’s best for the baby if you take her. Good luck with this…

I think I have finally kicked this awful cold I had for the past week. Now it’son to planning! I have been planning and looking up recipes and ideas for WW all week, so I am finalizing today and going food shopping tomorrow.

I am a little nervous right now, DH is on an interview. A good one too. We’re still not living together because of his job,and this would put us together. It’s in MD, in Bel Air which is where I wanted to move to eventually anyway. I have to finish school in NJ though, so we’re thinking of living in Newark DE until I am done school. That gives him a 30 minute commute and me about 40 mins. I don’t care as long as we’re together! And I know, I get it all the time… “I would love to not see my husband…how cute, young love… “ I am trying not to be jaded. I know we’ll grow apart like everyone does, but give me my honeymoon period!!!

Have a great day guys!

cecil
01-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Quick question what do you count Laughing cow cheese as?

And another question those of you on WW do you do online or go to meetings? Which package do you buy?

bradleys mom
01-08-2009, 01:38 PM
And another question those of you on WW do you do online or go to meetings? Which package do you buy?

Online, and so far it is working great for me! I am down 5 lbs since Friday! They only have a couple packages. One is really a better deal than the other.

bradleys mom
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
LOL at all the DH talk. When I was in the hospital with the baby I was going to have my mom stay with me and DH was going to go home with Bradley so he wouldn't feel like the new baby was getting all the attention. Well, that didnt happen. I cried and cried because I missed DH so much and he ended up spending the night with me the second night! (FYI, we only live a mile or less from the hospital so it wasnt like he was miles and miles away!)

jewljz
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Cecil - I count laughing cow cheese 2 wedgies (he he) as 1 dairy.

Kimphin
01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Cecilia - I usually count one wedge as 1/2 dairy, I think. (I'm assuming it's the light?)

On the subject of DH's and "alone" time - I don't think that pregnancy and hospital stays count! My DH had BETTER be with me if I'm in the hospital, darn it - LOL. And, I did find myself missing him when I went away on an administrators retreat this summer, I guess I can relate.

Nicole - why is it that you are not a HS counselor? Your insight is amazing. I don't think that DD shoud be forced to be unhappy at all, and yes, she did make a big decision to keep Maria. Deep down, do you think that she wants you to "forever" be the Maria's mom? It sounds like it, otherwise I'd think that she would go to school in STL and have you continue to help her out. It sounds like she is trying to put on a brave front. I see a deep heart to heart talk with her in your future.

Also, she shouldn't bank too much on her old friends staying in Wis. This is the time of life that everyone moves on, sad but true. A lot of her friends might be going to school out of town. I went to college in my hometown and still felt lonely the first year or so.

Anyway - you continue to be my hero. I can't imagine having to deal with what you do everyday. It is so hard!

cecil
01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Oh really! Wow! Thank Julie and Kimberly for the quick responses. I am having a really hard time getting back on plan and not having a cheating feast every night when I get home from the gym. I don't know what to do. I am pretty much fine all day I eat on plan. Not getting my veggies in but I am not eating off plan. Then I get off work and go to the Gym for about an hour. Then I get home and I want everything I am not supposed to have. It is like sabotaging the whole day? What the heck?

So I have chips and salsa and I don't stop with just one bowl. Then Ice cream, I mean it is baked chips and half the fat ice cream but still. I am up 6 lbs from my lowest weight according to LA. That makes me sooo sad. I am beggining to think that I didn't make this a life style change. I need help!

Sorry for the negativity! But I am seriously feeling bad about the gain I have had. I want to get back on track. I bought the TO juice and I think I am going to do it on Mon and Tuesday, if anyone else is interested please join me!

Kimphin
01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Cecil - Do you go to the gym after dinner or before? On gym nights I plan to have an easy dinner and larger lunch, so I don't have to deal with it when I get home. Salad w/chicken or tuna, etc.... Then I come home, eat, and drink my water. Just get out of the kitchen. I find that I am sooo tired that I don't feel like going there.

cecil
01-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Kim- I should eat dinner after the gym but it gets so late, like 8:30 by then I just want snacks and then bed. I guess I need to plan something easy to have after as well. But what? I have noticed when writing down my food recently I am going over on starches by like 4 a day. OMG! I am addicted to starch again! At least it's not SALT right Dan? HA!

jewljz
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Cecil - I think me and you are experiencing the same thing as far as being starving after the gym and I think Dan would say we need more protein (lean protein)... let's try that :)

cecil
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
What are you going to Try Julie?
Just Chicken? Because seriously I can barely do it anymore.
It's like I am burnt out on all the foods that used to work for me. For example, baby carrots, chicken, tuna with ranch. UGH! I am in a rut!

Dan2112
01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
That's about right Julie...

C - You should never wait to eat dinner that late.. What I do after a late workout is have a small serving of protein (like one grilled chicken tender) and some fruit. This way, the calorie burn continues, you help your body recover faster and you don't go to bed hungry..

Just remember to have a lighter dinner before you workout.. Besides.. No one wants to see someone yak on the treadmill!

Where did you have chips and salsa? at home or out? The simple way to avoid eating them at home is to not have them in the house.. That's the only way I can keep from doing it...

As for laughing Cow.. It's a processed cheese and that's a no-no, at least according to the plan when I was on it.. So while I guess it would count as a dairy, I'd recommend little use of it.. Just my thoughts..

jewljz
01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Aw Dan - you're a buzz kill! I picked the laughing cow because it was low cal and only 4grams of fat per serving... I didn't even think about the "processed" part of it! only that it was delicious...

Cecil - I'm going to try to have my protein bar closer to my workout... lately I've been ripping into it right after lunch time, but I think that's just a craving for chocolate! I am also considering bumping up my protein at breakfast to 1 whole protein (2 eggs) or maybe at lunch to 1 1/2 proteins. for a total increase of 1/2 a protein a day... Working out tends to make me feel like I've earned eating - crazy, right???

dawn78
01-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I think you're allowed laughing cow cheese...at least my closed COD said I could!

petitelapin
01-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Funny. When I had my gb removed that was the first thing I asked. My doctor wasn't so impressed. I didn't lose anything. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Craptastic! I lost my book so now I am just guessing what equals portions. Not good, not good at all.

I went spinning today. If I wasn't so busy I'd be napping right now. My body needs to readjust, a month of not working out not so good.

Yup, also addicted to fb. I agree with whoever said it is like crack for computers. I need to get a life and quickly. Hard to do when it is so darn cold here and snowy:(

My addiction also stems to Real Housewives but only OC, I don't care for the NY one. Too bad that Tammy left and now Laurie isn't coming back. And I totally agree that Vicki has really changed and it's not great.

Nicole, I had my oldest daughter when I was 18. I went to University 4 hrs from home. I moved out at that stage. There are day cares and support groups on campus. I would think it would be easier to get secured in a life these days what with the internet. I was still able to join clubs and party even though I had a child. No, it wasn't the carefree life of most students but I knew that when I decided to keep my baby. Mind you I have no idea how your family dynamic is but I raised my own child the entire time though my mom helped with occasional babysitting.. You guys will figure out what is the right thing for your grand daughter. I just want to add that I know very few moms that were able to leave their children forever and that can really screw many people up: the mom/grand mom and the child. I do not envy the decision process that will be coming up in your home. I wish you the best of luck! Society can judge all they want but it only matters to those who live in your house!
Tan

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar091/chick01/lb/162.2/120/129.5/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Repo girl
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Mary, where r u? I am not letting you fall away that fast!!

Repo girl
01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Craptastic? That's awesome!! My newest is , "What is you *****uation?"

Dairy Fairy
01-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Katie, I am still here. I have been out of the house most of the day and I couldn't make myself eat breakie because I was literally doubled over in cramps. I do not cramp bad normally, but I had 1 week straight of abdominal problems from a virus ad I think I didn't absorb nutrition well that week...I know lack of calcium for one thing makes your cramps really bad. I drugged up on ibuprofen and dropped the kids off and then grocery shopped a little.

for lunch I did eat a casserole I had made earlier this week because it was going to go to waste. It was good and I had used very good/healthy ingredients and I counted it as best I could. I used on plan ingredients but didn't measure since I had not decided to get back on board the day I made it. Maybe not "by the book" but WHATEVER. I am having a terrible period so I think a healthy veggie packed dish is nothing to be ashamed of. I weighed 199 this morning, so that's plus. It definitely motivates me not go to overboard today.

Dairy Fairy
01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Nicole, I don't know what to tell you...definitely out of my range of expertise. We had a girl at my college who did go to a sleep away college (ours) instead of stay with her son (the grandparents raised him while she was in school). Her parents were professors so she could have probably gotten free tuition near her parents/son so I think she was purposely trying to escape her situation vs. just have a better life for them both. I think you are gonna have to see your daughter's motivation. Is it a better school? The girl at my college did get her son back but she was not happy about it and acts very immature toward him- he calls her by his first name- he's a good kid but she has not been a mother to him. If your daughter is a loving mother when you are around maybe she just wants to better THEIR life. For the girl I am talking about she never wanted to be a mother and the boy would be better off with his g-parents but unfortunately they are very old and cannot care for him anymore.

BarbaraB
01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Nicole, Teenagers are so hard... I would personally be both disappointed that my DD did not suddenly morph into super mom and also that she was not going to be able to do the normal college freshman type of things.... I guess it is unrealistic to expect that she would be mature beyond her years... I wonder if she has really thought this through. I have often been surprised with how little young people these days have thought things through. I think we've done such a wonderful job protecting and sheltering them that they tend to not see the negative side of things... and I hate being the downer Debbie who has to point out the negative things. Is going out of state to college even a financial possiblity?

Dan, I have found recently, since I have been counting calories, that going back to measuring everything carefully has been important for me. It is easy to slowly slip into eating just a hair more and then even a hair more than that.

Jillian, Poor toe! Darn windshield hitting rock! Life sometime has days that suck like that. To have it happen when DH is away.. extra bad. How many days until DH is back? I got a rock mark on my windshield that needs to be taken care of too.. I was sort of waiting to see if I got any more, since there is just so much gravel every where right now.

Amy, I don't think you grow apart so much, as you grow so much together that you appreciate your separateness.

Katie, Hope that this is the start of a period of better health, fitness and thinness for you.

JerseyMadchen
01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey guys,

Just saying hello.

Cecilia- I am doing it online. I didn't know there were options/plans, I just joined for 3 months up front to save some $$.

KimberlyR- do you mind sharing some of your menus from the last week? I don't know where to start with WW...it is obviously working for you!

Well, gotta get ready for choir rehearsal tonight.

Take Care! It's almost FRIDAY!!!

JLem311
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
well, today was fine. only because i stayed home all day and didn't leave the house!
i called the dr about my toe--and talked to her nurse and there's really nothing that they can do. it looks horrible though. the bruising has spread to the top of my foot below my toe. so it's all black and blue now. and hurts terribly. i'm limping. it's quite painful. i'm still gonna have them look at it on monday when i go for my regular prenatal appt.
got the crack in my windshield fixed today too. i made them come out to my house to fix it too because i couldn't even put on socks or shoes. i love flip flops, but wearing them year-round isn't an option here like it was in NC.

so tomorrow i need to get a few groceries..hopefully i can at least get shoes on so i can do that. haven't really gotten to talk to DH much either. he's been super busy with his training stuff.
thanks for all the support/comments about my terrible week. it's nice that i can come here and vent..especially now, when i don't have many people to turn to while DH is away. i hope you're all around next year when he gets deployed--lord knows i'll need each and every one of you.

sorry no personals for me..but i just thought i'd check in and say hi.

Joni135
01-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi all - haven't read the posts since I hadn't watched TBL until tonight and didn't want to ruin it!

Nicole - I see you've already gotten lots of advice here ...I'll start by saying you are an awesome lady and I can only assume DH is an awesome guy for not simply putting the cabash (sp??) on DD's potential future plans. There's no doubt who would be the better 'mom' for Maria. I would also suggest that DD figure out a way to finance her out-of-state education and living expenses and not put that additional burden on you (I actually suggest that to most of my friends but nobody listens!).

I'm proud to post my exercise so far this week (something they are doing the biggest loser 3fc site)...Hope I can keep up the pace!
1/4: 30 minutes elliptical 1.508 miles; upper body weights 30 min
1/5: 45 minute RPM (cycle) class; 15 minutes of intense ab work
1/6: 30 minutes treadmill; 8 min Abs
1/7: 60 min Body Pump class at the gym
1/8: 20 min Treadmill (AM); 40 min Treadmill PM L5

Saving this post and will try and pick up later!

Mama Nicole
01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Barbara.....yes, since we lived in Wisconsin our whole lives, and we moved DD away 4 years ago, and she is, "planning," on staying in Wisconsin for the better part of her life.....she will most likely qualify for in state tuition. She says she wants to try one semester away w/o baby. When I type it out, it makes it seem sooo selfish of her. She is a very loving attentive mother...just not as willing as I thought she would be to make sacrifices. I feel bad saying anything about her on here, cuz so much is lost in translation. I am seriously thinking of having her re-evaluated by a psychiatrist. I think she is plenty functional, but I think she has to try a whole lot harder than most just to get through the day. And you know, of course it is difficult for me to see things clearly because she is my daugher, but I see a vast difference between in degrees of responsibility between oldest DD and my two younger DD's. I feel horrible saying this, but I feel I can trust even my 11 or 13 yo DD's to get something done than my 18 yo. I appreciate everyone's input on this, and I apologize for obsessing here. I will get this figured out yet. I did propose to DD today that maybe she should stay here for college and that DH and I would give her one weekend a month to go to Wisconsin without the baby. She said she woudl rather take the baby with her than do that. She just really wants to go there.

Ok, enough about me and my problems.....

I am so happy to see such great positive responses here this week. It is nice to have everyone back on board. I get such a positive vibe when everyone is working hard......so thank you, friends....let's all be losers this week :)
XOXO
P.S. thanks for all of your confidence ladies :) XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Hooray for Joni..........I need to try that whole exercise thingie. I wrote my last post around 7 p.m., but this site has been bad lately........it kept telling me the server was too busy. so anyway.....i didn't see Jillian's post, or yours.

First, let me say, Jillian........:hug:.........hang in there girl :)

And, Joni........I plan to have DD pay for her college. I had to pay for mine, and DH had to pay for his......and being single for a long time with kids in college, you can imagine the debt I incurred, and DH went to Milwaukee School of Engineering.......private school.....big bucks. So, we cannot really pay for DD's college right now......we are still paying for ours for a little longer, and, we have a big family on one income. Of course, if we can help out without going broke...we will, but I like your advice.........it really helps with the guilt. Plus..........I think if a kid can pay for their own semester or two and do really well.....then it is a good time to kick in the help. Somehow, classes had a lot of value to me when I had to write the checks for them :)

Ok, have to watch some T.V. now........DH is waiting ;)
XOXO
P.S. I am so excited for WI tomorrow :)

bradleys mom
01-08-2009, 10:25 PM
KimberlyR- do you mind sharing some of your menus from the last week? I don't know where to start with WW...it is obviously working for you!

Okay this is going to be a lot!

First of all I buy a bunch of veggies, salad mixes and fruit. Our local grocery store has the Smart Ones dinners that have WW points on it on sale for $2 each so I buy a bunch of those and have them for either dinner or supper with a big salad. I also bought some of the smart ones desserts (They're great!!!) But when I'm not eating frozen dinners I have (1 or 2) eggs for breakfast usually with a bowl of high fiber cereal, wheat bread toasted, or oatmeal. I drink either milk or orange juice with breakfast. Then to snack on I bought yogurt and jello sugar free pudding cups. I also bought a bag of boneless skinless frozen chicken tenderloins. You can cook them straight out of the bag while they are still frozen or you can thaw them first. With the chicken I sometimes fix a chicken salad with grapes 2tbsp of light mayo and mustard. Or I refrigerate it after its cooked and put it in a salad. My favorite is to thaw about 4 ozs, sautee it in lemon juice with a little salt (sorry Dan!) and pepper, and garlic powder until it is fully cooked. Then I add some barbeque sauce. I put it on a sandwich with some mustard and pineapple slices for a hawaiian chicken sandwich! Sometimes I just eat the strips with FF ranch dressing for a snack.

With two kids I dont have time for much variety so thats about it. Im sure if you add some of your own ideas/recipes you can come up with endless possibilities!

Oh and as usual dont forget the water!!!

ETA: I forgot the progresso soups!! There are some varieties that have WW points posted on the label. Usually they are 0 or 1 point per serving. Not very filling for one serving so I usually eat the whole can and make a grilled cheese sandwich to go with it. There really arent as many limits with WW as there was with LA.

amylou7777
01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi guys!

I think I might start a WW thread. I know that seems odd, but since LAWL is pretty much no longer, there may be more of you who are curious about WW and how it is going for the small group of us who are trying it out.

So far I've just been doing it online, but once I get my work schedule figured out I might try to make the meetings.

I had my very first hearing today! Well two actually---I have barely eaten anything-maybe I should get nervous more often...heehee

Nicole-just remember that everything happens for a reason and that everything will work out just the way it should. I cannot imagine how you managed to be a single mom and go to school, and I'm sure at the time it seemed like the hardest thing in the world---but look at your family now! You will make it through this.

Joni-wow!! I need to get 2 more miles in by tomorrow....you are kickin butt lady!! So motivated by you!

Hi Dawn, Tan, Dairy and Jillian!

Trying to get my dinner it since it's 8pm here....ooops!

JerseyMadchen
01-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Thanks Kimberly!

I just need to get started. I have a fear of the unknown, which is common, I know. I KNOW LAWL, but this is new and I am afraid of failing again. Congrats on your loss!

I also get WW magazine. Even if you're not on WW, it's a great magazine with great recipes. ALl the recipes also have nutrition info such as calories, fat, etc. besides the points. They are definitely LAWL-friendly. In this issue they have an 8 week exercise/walking schedule. It's amazing. They have two levels, beginner and (not) beginner. It is for 4 days a week and is really do-able. It basically starts out with 5 minute walk and 10 jumping jacks for the first week. (For beginner) The more advanced one which I am going to do is 30 minutes walking and 20 jumping jacks. Basically over the next 8 weeks it will get harder. But it's DO-ABLE! Between that, my ab-roller, and my Wii Fit with Jillian Michaels, I AM SET!

Nicole- I hate to say this, but I will jsut be blunt. Maybe it's time for you to put your foot down and tell her what is going to happen. From what it looks like you have been very fair with her, almost like a peer, and maybe it's best to be her parent. I grew up with what I thought were very strict parents. Now being older I see what messes other people areas a result of their upbringing. How is DD going to support herself and the baby away at school? She can't live in a dorm with a baby, so what is her plan? From what it sounds like, the baby is going to be the one who pays the price... I will keep you in my prayers. You definitely have your hands full.

Anyone Grey's Anatomy fans? I am really dissapointed anymore... it's not as great as it used to be. Ugh! Izzy sleeping with a ghost?? COME ON!

Have a good night guys! TGIF!!! (Well in 45 minutes!)

Dairy Fairy
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok, Day 3 and I am still on board. I was not "POP" yesterday but I was well within calories/points any other way you slice it. It seems kinda pointless to throw out healthy things in my house because lawl is pretty much defunct here anyway. I have lost 1 lb, maybe more since I am having TOM. It's 9 am and I have had 2 servings of veggies...I figure I'll shove them in while I'm too drowsy to realize it ;)

Weight watchers: great plan...really works. Unfortunately I will eat my weight in starch points and then try to eat free veggies to fill up if I get hungry. Maybe after I have done this a while and buckled down I can do WW again. I abused flex majorly, too. I know I can lose weight on lawl so I'm hoping I can lose enough to keep motivated to not backslide.

Nicole, what better thing to worry about than your kids. Like I said, I dunno what to tell you, but I wish you the best. Parenting is hard and I dread the day I have 3 teens to wrangle.

Amy-I don't do Grey's Anatomy, but my other shows are the Office and Pushing Daisies (canceled- ARGH), and heroes.

Kimphin
01-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I too, was a WW abuser. If I did go baack to it, I'd have to do a blend of LAWL and WW, so that I made sure I used my points for good and not evil.

amylou7777
01-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Morning. Where is everyone on this fine friday?

I have to agree about the potential for WW abuse. That's exactly the reason I chose LA over WW in the first place. The whole saving your points thing didn't seem healthy to me. But now that I've had LA engrained in me, I'm really able to blend the two and while the weight will probably come off slower, it's very easy to see this as a reasonable lifestyle. We'll see!

Dairy-congrats on day 3 of POP. Make it through the weekend!!

I have bunco tonight which is always a challenge. Thankfull there are two ladies who are WW veterans and always know how many points are in what, so I can use them to figure out what I"m up against. I guess this is where saving points does come in handy.

Ok-so I have some extra time this morning. I rented Leslie's 5 mile DVD and I'm going to attempt 5 miles.....I'll let you know how it goes!

JLem311
01-09-2009, 11:49 AM
hey everyone. so i decided to be brave and go to the grocery store. omg. what a painful experience. as soon as i got there and started walking..i just about wanted to leave. my toe/foot hurt so badly. it seriously sucked. so after that, and then having to bring all the bags in myself and put everything away..i decided to make myself a yummy sugar free caramel soy latte (the baby loves them!) and now i'm resting. i like getting my stuff done early in the morning, so then i can relax the rest of the day and the best part is..the shelves are fully stocked at the store and i don't have to fight the crowds. i usually do that on fridays since that's the day i don't have the kids.

anyways..so yeah. i hope everyone has a good weekend.

ps-- did i ever reveal the name we chose for the baby to everyone on here? i can't remember if i did or not? (prego brain!)

Repo girl
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Morning everyone!

Mary- My twin.....I love the Office and Heros. I am also a raving Psych fan, and my new fave is Leverage. That is about the only things I watch on TV. Oh, and Charmed. Sounds like you are doing great!!

Amy- Have fun at Bunco!

So, my DH got laid off last week. Permanently. He went to work, his boss in Utah called and said that the company had been foreclosed on, and to lock up and go home. No notice at all. Anyway, we are fine on my income and his unemployment, but he is making me crazy. I love my husband, but man, I need him out of my hair!! The bank that foreclosed has hired him to work on doing the inventory and liquidating of his store, so today he went to work. I am totally enjoying getting back to my routine. After that though, I don't know. I think he will end up staying on unemployment for awhile, because jobs are really scarce right now. In fact, the only jobs in this area are so low paying that he gets more from unemployment than he would from working. I believe that all things happen for a reason, and I fully believe that the right thing will come along. Until then, I have to budget and be more responsible with money, but that is okay. It keeps us from eating out way too much, so that is good on the diet.

Repo girl
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Jillian- If you did, I don't remember.

Hoochie
01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Happy Friday or is it? I am flying to Toronto tonight at midnight with my Dad. We are hoping to see my Grandma one last time before she passes. I am going to be an emotional wreck. I just can't deal with death stuff but my hubby works for Air Canada and I can get my Dad there cheap to see his Mom so I am doing the honorable thing and taking the weekend to fly my Dad from California to Toronto. I just hope she doesn't pass away while I am there.
I just wanted to quickly tell Joni that I think that is amazing how hard you are working....you go girl!!!! You are incentive!
Amy- You are the most postive person on this board all the time. It's really nice. By the way, what is Bunco????
Jillian- have a good weekend and hang in there! I don't recall you giving a name either. I would love to know.
Nicole- Decisions are tough but I am a believer in things happening for a reason. You guys will make the right decision whatever you decide to do. You will always have our support!
Have a nice weekend ladies...oops and Dan!!! sorry!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
01-09-2009, 12:26 PM
WTG Dairy.......your name is Mary, right? 3 days is such a great start to a new habit. Only 18 more to go before it is second nature.

Jersey Amy.....DD knows who the mama in our house is.........we have always had house rules and we don't treat our kids like our friends at all.........that being said.......DD is entering adult hood, and these decisions are decisions she has to live with for the rest of her life. When I was struggling when I was younger, when I was trying to decide if i should divorce my first husband........I did what my parents thought was best.......unfortunately, I had to find my own way and married the man again a couple of years later, only to re-divorce him. I am not blaming my parents in any way........but what I needed from them at the time, while dealing with adult matters, was their love and support..not their decision making and influence. I was too young to realize that I didn't really have a mind seperate from them yet. We have time......and my hope and prayer is that DD will come to the right decision for her and her baby. She has been raised right and I have faith in her ability to make a good life for her and her child. She is just overwhelmed and confused, and EXTREMELH honest with me about how she feels.......:lol:. Sometimes too honest for my liking :) And don't worry, I am not at all offended by your posts........each post here helps me to think things through and look at it from different persepctives. So, thank you.........mostly for taking the time and caring :)

Oh, and check this out....my neighbor stopped over and asked me if DD wanted a job at the Dr. office where she works, answering phones and filing, three days a week. I am going to mention it to DD later today and see how she feels. They say things go the way they are supposed to.....maybe this will help DD make a decision.

Ok, so how did everyone do this week? Let's all post our victories today.......whether it is staying POP, a good WI, no BLT's, changing a size......whatever it might be. I will start a thread for that :)

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

amylou7777
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Dairy-sorry I misread your post up there. Being close to POP is all that matters. You are back in this game!

Jillian-you poor little thing. I wish I lived closer so I could come bring you groceries. Do any of your stores deliver? We have a couple that do (free of charge the first time you use it) and one that you just pull up and pick up. You order everything online. I've never tried it, but sounds like it may come in handy. Way to go making it through the store. Reveal the name!!! You didn't tell us!

Katie-so sorry to hear about hubby's job. What a blow. You are so lucky that you make enough to live on. I can completely understand feeling out of your routine. I hope you guys can find a balance since it sounds like it may be this way for a while.

Hoochie-oh goodness, it's going to be a hard week for you. I'm so sorry. I've been there and there's just no easy way. Lean on your family. We'll be pulling for you.
Bunco is a very easy dice game. My mom has always played, and when I moved up north, DF's cousin started a group so now I'm part of it. It's a 10dollar buy in and then a handful of winners take some money home. Easy and fun!

Guess what? I just walked 5miles with Leslie!!! I got super bored during the third mile, but I didn't want to quit. I knew I had the time and I knew I could do it. Time to hit the showers!!

amylou7777
01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Nicole, I was writing as you were writing! Hope you have a great weekend!! Sounds like a nice oppty for DD!!

Mama Nicole
01-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Oh, I missed three posts during my mega post and visiting with my neighbor.

Katie.....you poor poor girl. A man must work. I love spending time with my DH too.......and I love it when he takes a day off for nothing, or comes home early.....but if he got laid off, it would drive me insane. It's as if they don't know what to do with themselves. Hopefully he wont' be off for too long. :)

Hoochie....it iwill all be ok. You are a wonderful daughter for taking your day to see his mom. Even though it will be hard, you will not regret it.

Ok, have to run...........I am not even dressed yet. What a slacker, huh?
XOXO

Kimphin
01-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Katie - I'm sorry about your DH's job. I'm glad you guys will be OK for a while. I too believe that in situations like this, you generally end up in a better place. I hope that your DH is handling this OK.

Hoochie - I completely missed your last post about your grandmother. What sad news - your Dad is very lucky to have you bring him to see her. I hope that the weekend goes as well as possible for you.

Jillian - I agree with Amy - I wish we were all closer so that we could help! I hate grocery shopping (and putting away) on a good day, much less preggers and one-footed. I like the attitude though, it's DONE! Time to relax! Oh, and TELL US OUR LITTLE GIRLS NAME ALREADY!!!!!!!

Nicole - Yes, things do tend to work out. I think that it's nice that DD feels like she can talk to you, I'm sure she doesn't want to dissappoint you guys. The job offer sounds interesting - do you think she'd like that?

OK, crazy chickie here just signed up for THREE masters classes for the spring. I'm insane. Certifiable. But, I want to get this done before I'm 110.

BarbaraB
01-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Nicole, I'm sure that Emily is a lovely person, but still going through the normal development of a teenager. I found the research that they have done on the brain functioning of teenagers to be fascinating. They react with their primitive brains first, so first there will be much emotion, and maybe some thought later. As a loving parent, all the emotion is hard to deal with, when it is often out of porportion to that which has occurred... I'm sure that you can reach whatever logic centers are still functioning there with Emily, and that in the end you will come to a compromise that is livable for all. I wouldn't make any serious decisions right now, perhaps she should just apply to several schools. See what kind of financial support she can get first. Now is the time to be doing that. You can at least help her by gathering your financial data so she can attempt to prove her need and get aide. Once you get back the financial aide packages from several places, then the way to go might become clearer. If she has applied, then her options to go different ways will be open.

Katie, So sorry to hear that your DH lost his job. Actually getting out of the house and working for a few days might lift his spirits. I don't know if he is the sort prone to worry and depression, but losing your job can take the wind out of anyone's sails.

Amy, 5 miles is a long ways! How did you feel about your first hearings besides nervous? Was it how you expected being a lawyer to be?

The flat belly diet seems to be making my belly flatter. I don't know why I find this very surprising, but I really am losing more around my middle than I normally would.

Kimphin
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
The flat belly diet seems to be making my belly flatter. I don't know why I find this very surprising, but I really am losing more around my middle than I normally would.

Well, at least it is truth in advertising!

I have looked into that too - seems like a very logical plan. Keep up the good work!

jewljz
01-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok Barbara - I'm sold - how do you do the flat belly diet?

Kim - on the master's classes, please talk me out of it! I have 2 down and have to take my gmat to continue, but have been dragging my feet...

Kimphin
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Ha - talk you out of it, that's a good one! I haven't officially applied yet to the program! (Freud would have a FIELD day with that) - I have to finish my application before February. Ugh. I took the MAT - was going to do the GMAT, but they accept the MAT - and it was silly easy, so I did that. Just a bunch of word puzzles. My main hurdle is thinking about how long this is going to take - I need a masters and then a grad certificate, so it is 60 credits!!! It seriously makes my brain and stomache hurt.

But, in the long run, I'll be very marketable. Even if I stay here I will benefit. And, more importantly, if any of the twinks in my classes end up being my boss, I would want to kill!

Dairy Fairy
01-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Kim- I dread going back to school. I want to do just a complete career change. I have a bachelor's and I want a bachelor's in something else. Kudos for doing it. I keep saying I will when all my kids start school. The youngest are almost 2 and I had my tubes tied. No turning back on that :D

Katie: sorry about your DH. You are right...it will all work out. Btw, do you watch Monk? We love that nad it comes on before Psych.

Nicole, yeah...my name is Mary and my userid WAS marbear at one time but THAT is a whole other story Miss Katie knows about. Too much drama to rehash, but remember this is a PUBLIC forum and sometimes nosy drama queens can be VERY resourceful with the google.

Going well today. I have protein, veg, 3 fruit, fat left. I am hoping DH wants to go out for supper so I can get a good salad with grilled chicken. We'll see.

Hey, I wanted to share something one of the twins loves. He shovels it. I don't know how to count it, but I plan on making it a lot. Maybe you gals can help on how to count. I roast or steam some green beans and I add chopped tomato and red onion that has been marinated in light italian dressing overnight. I also add some rf feta. It is SOOOO good and I wanna keep making it at least every 2 weeks because it is a veg he will eat and I want to encourage any veg eating. The only one all 3 eat is sweet potato...well...unless you count russet potatoes that are roasted.

Mama Nicole
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Nicole, yeah...my name is Mary and my userid WAS marbear at one time but THAT is a whole other story Miss Katie knows about. Too much drama to rehash, but remember this is a PUBLIC forum and sometimes nosy drama queens can be VERY resourceful with the google.

Mary, Mary, Mary.........I had some drama here last year.....one of my real live friends did some searching and it just happened to be the one and only time I did some out of line complaining about her. Yeah, that sucked.
Live and learn, right?

BarbaraB
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi, Well the flat belly diet is kind of a gimmeck, but hey it is just meant to be a short term break inbetween doing LAWL for me.... it is 4 - 400 calorie meals a day each one with a serving of good for you fat. I've also still tried to stick to all healthy whole grain food and to always get in fruits and veggies. Surprisingly, I've not used this opportunity. I didn't buy the book, I just read a prevention magazine and kind of took what it said and formulated my own take on it. 400 calories for breakfast is wonderful. 400 calories for dinner is hard for me. So it has managed to get me to shift more of my food earlier in the day. The diet book says that is meant to be a 32 day thing, and I think I will attempt to stick to this that long and then revert to good ole LAWL Blue plan.

Dairy Fairy
01-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Mary, Mary, Mary.........I had some drama here last year.....one of my real live friends did some searching and it just happened to be the one and only time I did some out of line complaining about her. Yeah, that sucked.
Live and learn, right?

Hahaha- replace "friend" with "mother-in-law who was not on speaking terms with us." Yeah...btdt. So are you 2 still friends? My MIL and I are getting along much better now...now that she helped with the twins a lot and also she realized by being in my own home that her precious son can be a handful and that I am a darned good woman for taking on that handful :D

bradleys mom
01-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Is everyone sleeping in today!? Lucky you!!! I am at work, and upsettingly had to be here at 7am and our first client was a no-show! GRR! I could have slep in til 8am! Oh well... Here's to a POP Saturday! I screwed up last night!! I have found stress is my source of going off plan!! Yikes!

Sige
01-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Good morning all...had my gall bladder surgery to remove it yesterday afternoon and GAINED a pound...so much for hoping...

Hope you all have a great day. Myself, I will be lounging on the sofa with jello!

Peggy

JerseyMadchen
01-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Morning guys! Happy weekend!

Kimberly- where do you work that you work on Saturdays?? Don’t worry about the slip-up. Keep going! Those 5 lbs will turn into 10 and so forth, really fast!

Nicole- thanks for adding me on FB. You have such a beautiful family!

Barbara- there’s a great article with recipes and such on the Flat Belly Diet in Prevention magazine this month. (May be January’s edition.) I was really bored at my in-laws so I read it. Pretty good article with some amazing success stories.

Not much going on here today. I joined a book club online (Double Day) and I got my books today. All cookbooks of course as I love cooking. 4 out of the 5 are WW though and Ellie Krieger. I think I remember Amylou liking her. I like watching her, she’s adorable and cooks everything LIGHT.

Well, have a great day chicks!

amylou7777
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Morning friends! We are out the door to lunch and a movie. I'm going to be good!! Promise!

Bunco was pretty good last night. I had eaten relatively light during the day so I was ok for the casserole and ceasar salad.

Peggy-glad the surgery is over! That lb will be off in no time.

Amy-yes! I love watching ellie kreiger. I also found a few videos on foodnetwork with a girl who does healthy (relatively) cheap meals. She doesn't have a real show yet that I know of, but I loved her recipes. I'll have to look for her name.

Hi Barbara-my hearings went pretty well. I still have SO much to learn. I think it will take me about 3 mos before I feel comfortable with the law and the rules during the hearing.

k-gotta run! Have a great weekend all!

bradleys mom
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Morning guys! Happy weekend!

Kimberly- where do you work that you work on Saturdays?? Donít worry about the slip-up. Keep going! Those 5 lbs will turn into 10 and so forth, really fast!

I work in a test center. We give computer based exams. I only work 2 or 3 days a week for usually 8-10 hours per day. Its a pretty easy job. I sit behind a desk and watch a monitor, then every ten minutes me or my co-worker goes in and proctors the room. I get a lot of studying done when I am in school!

Dan2112
01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi gang..

Hope today is a good one for you.. Did well until lunch, but with racquetball tonight and TO planned for Mon-Tues, I should be back on track..

Sige.. Don't worry about it.. I'll bet your body, faced with invasion (surgery) went into conservation mode to help it cope with recouperation.. It's probably just water weight... Hope everything went well and that you're back in fighting form soon!

mugwhumps
01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Good morning all...had my gall bladder surgery to remove it yesterday afternoon and GAINED a pound...so much for hoping...

Hope you all have a great day. Myself, I will be lounging on the sofa with jello!

Peggy

sige,
I had mine out last April... best thing ever - good riddance! anyway... don't get into weight loss mode just yet - you need at least a month to heal! I did the light foods for a few days until I realized my body was SO MUCH happier without the gallbladder, then I kept basically on plan but a bit more of protein, dairies, veg - don't overdo the exercise (hopefully a good nurse would have told you this anyway before discharge...) eat what your body tells you to... haha not your mind with an ice cream sundae! but I'm sure you know what I mean. My program was on hold a month with my COD as per policy after any surgery. So good luck !!

Kimphin
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM

Peggy

Peggy, Peggy, Peggy - Good Lord, you feel OK enough to get on a scale????
They pumped you full of fluids before and during surgery - you'll be fine after it all settles down.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

LizzyW
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey there everyone! I am back and ready to go. Dan and I talked it over and have decided to start this again. We have cantelope ready to cut up for tomorrow and Tuesday. I gained back about 25 of what I originally have lost, so I need to stay on the ball. So I am going to reset my ticker and starting tomorrow, going into full gear.

My first goal will be to make it through the next 2 days. My second goal will be to lose at least 1 to 2 lbs. Give me some will power guys.

And yes I got quite a chuckle off of the bike pants. It was just too weird.:D

Joni135
01-11-2009, 08:22 PM
OMG - Liz is posting!!!! Go for it Liz...you've got a good support partner close at hand...you can do this! Hope everyone is getting the hang of their new lifestyle...I know I am. The secret has been working out...A LOT! Celebrated DH's birthday yesterday (played Whirlyball with a group of friends) and went out to eat afterwards. While those around me drank and ate hot wings, I had the healthy choice on the menu...something with grilled chicken and a lo-fat tortilla...my reward was a .5 lb loss (for the day).

Let's all keep plugging away.....we have goals to make; skinny jeans to wear!

zambejaly5
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Liz?? Liz from FB Liz????!!! WOW! It is you!!!! haha

good to see you taking charge. you can do this. we are here for you..... and there for you (FB! haha) and you have Dan, what more do you need?

Mama Nicole
01-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Liz.........welcome back :) You are not alone........many of us are going for another round due to recent relapses. It feels sooo good to get back OP. We are glad to have you back :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Lettie, Lettie, Lettie........my posting twin :lol: Guess I better open up my FB :)