The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #31  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdfrog View Post
I would have totally picked Jillian. I'm such a Jillian fangirl.
Me too. Bob is awesome, but I would give ANYTHING to train with Jillian. She has the perfect amount of drill seargent and her heart is always in the right place. And she's so passionate.

Yup, I'm in love with a girl
Old 01-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #32  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
That's what I think. I remember scuttle about Kim coming back.
I really really hope so. It would suck so much for them to go home the first week. I'm such a softy. I wish all of them could just stay on until the very end and just see who wins out of all of them. That way everyone gets the help they need.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM   #33  

Height: 5'5"

I'm happy that this season seems less snarky! ...I hope so anyway. It was baaaad last season, and I was not impressed!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #34  

Quote:
I really really hope so. It would suck so much for them to go home the first week. I'm such a softy. I wish all of them could just stay on until the very end and just see who wins out of all of them. That way everyone gets the help they need.
Me too!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #35  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Teen View Post
Gah! I've been crying non-stop since the opening lecture.
I'm gonna have to find it on youtube and send it to everyone I know. Even if they're in shape, they all know and care about someone who's overweight or obese.
I'm gonna watch it every day (when and if uploaded) for motivation.
Look up Biggest Loser season 7 superteaser on youtube. It's a lot more than the intro though.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I'm not happy that their sending people home, but at least they have a chance to come back.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 256/233/140

I was just wondering if someone could tell me why this thread is labeled **SPOILERS** - does it normally contain information about episodes before they air? I don't mind participating in discussion after the episode shows, but I don't like knowing stuff before they show it on the show. Thanks!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #38  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Tetra,

I think it's just a warning to people who may be coming to the forum for the first time. They could have taped the show to watch later and at least they wouldn't stumble into the thread and not realize there will be spoilers since no one is really curbing what they say about the show.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 PM   #39  

I think there is going to be much less drama than last season. I hope they follow the ones that went home so we can see how they do it at home, if the purpose is to show it can be done at home then let us see it. I'm not sure who I like yet.

Tetra-The thread is labeled spoiler because we have different time zones and also some people record it to watch later.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #40  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I was just wondering if someone could tell me why this thread is labeled **SPOILERS** - does it normally contain information about episodes before they air? I don't mind participating in discussion after the episode shows, but I don't like knowing stuff before they show it on the show. Thanks!!!
Viewers on the east coast see everything before those of us out west. I know I've been posing something I just saw and the poster before me posted about something I hadn't seen yet.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #41  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
ME TOO!

I felt a connection with each and every team member last night, but especially the 300+ folks. To the point of very emotional tears. I was trying to hide them from my family, but I just couldn't control myself after a while. I pray that they all get to a healthy weight. Oh wow, here I go again...
Old 01-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #42  

On last nights show, they discussed the armband product that checks calories in/calories out ( I think). Saw it mentioned on 3FC in a header and at that time didnt know what it was. I'm having major blonde moment (mind you, its dyed) and I cant think of the product's name. HELP! We're having a discussion here at work. Thanks guys (gals!)
Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fat2bphat View Post
On last nights show, they discussed the armband product that checks calories in/calories out ( I think). Saw it mentioned on 3FC in a header and at that time didnt know what it was. I'm having major blonde moment (mind you, its dyed) and I cant think of the product's name. HELP! We're having a discussion here at work. Thanks guys (gals!)

The product that they use on TBL is the Bodybugg made by bodymedia. They can be purchased at 24 hour fitness centers. Bodymedia also makes a version for the healthcare community called Sensewear WMS. My understanding is that both products are exactly the same but the web software may have more capabilities in the WMS version. I bought my WMS band through bodymedia directly at www.sensewear.com. They sell to individuals as well as healthcare professionals. Also others have had a lot of good comments for www.myminifly.com who sell and support the WMS product.

There is a huge thread in one of the forums that talks about these products just search for sensewear or bodybugg.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I missed TBL last night so i watched the 2min clips on NBC.com I think I cried through them all. I think this is going to be an emotional season
Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

TBL: Sending 9 people home

Boy, I had really mixed feelings about this twist last night.

What I didn't like:

* These folks really need to be there. The biggest cast ever and you are going to send almost half of them home after a week. Wondering if maybe they shouldn't start eliminations until 3 or 4 weeks into the show so that everyone learns how to do this on their own. Maybe they could fill the first few episodes with lots of challenges.

* Was angry because it looked like the producers just wanted to create drama and make everyone upset for no reason.

The after thinking about it for awhile a few thoughts came to mind:

* Had the same thought that someone else already mentioned. Maybe those 9 would be training in secret with Kim with only 5 of them coming back after 30 days so at least they have a shot at changing their lives.

* Even better, they might cut down on some serious Icky Vicky drama by ensuring that those 9 remaining singles focus like CRAZY on bringing their partner back. They won't really have time to start the whole alliance and back biting process if they have so much riding on their shoulders. It also seems like you have some contestants that don't work as hard as others or want it as bad who outlast those that are giving all they have. This is a way to sort out them out early on.

Still thought it a little heartless to send that many people home who need this opportunity. If you watched the opening episode carefully for the season preview you can see future challenges where both colored shirts are there in a later episode. Only remember one team because I didn't know about the twist then.

Really hope that Kim or another trainer works with the lost partners for 30 days. Would be good for the show and viewers.