The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 7 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MotoMichelle
02-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I like Tara a lot. She's my favorite and I hope she wins it all. Mostly because she is dialed in and motivated. She's taking control of her life back.

Laura does not seem as motivated and is just going through the actions at the ranch. I think that's what's frustrating to Tara. There's a huge difference in performance when it comes to your mental outlook.

I've been ready for Aubrey to go home since she came back. I don't care for her at all. She's the only one left that I don't care for, though. Everyone else I like to some degree.

Definitely surprised by Helen's choice to send her daughter home. I don't think Helen is much of a threat, though, so I doubt she'll be around for much longer.

Love Tara, love the blue team, love Dane, love Mikey, love Kristin, and like everyone else!

I'm so glad this season has been less snarky and more "feel good" than last season. I hope it stays that way now that they are going blue vs. black.

trekkiegirl
02-19-2009, 04:19 PM
I saw someone mention on another board from hearing Jillian's radio show that this is their last week, that the contestants go home tomorrow.

I was glad Dane won the challenge and immunity. Blaine always seemed to do a little better with challenges than Dane, which I thought made him almost as big a threat in another sense. Although it was hard, from my point of view anyway, to judge what made some teams' lights change when it seemed like at the moment it changed they were maintaining the same pace.

Anyway, it was cute to see Jillian's reaction when she realized Dane was still there. And I thought it was funny that it was Ron who told Bob what happened at the elimination. Made me think everybody else was too scared to do it and Ron seemed to have an air of "we did the right thing from our point of view and I'm sticking by it." I almost sensed a slight battle of wills going on there, lol.

I was kind of expecting Shanon to go home, just from hearing about the "flour incident" and knowing she had to have been one of the early eliminees. Plus, Jerry mentioned he's been keeping in touch with her as well. "Flower power"--too funny.

Why did Bob wait until Week 7 to start coming up with alternate exercises for Ron? :?:

The way they edited it, it seemed like Jillian and her team had a harder time adjusting to no gym...yet her 2 female teams were at the top of the board...and Dane, having immunity, may have opted, as others before him, to do a little waterloading. Seriously, I think when they have challenges for immunity, they should move them to right before the weigh-in, so people don't have the chance to waterload.

Hun.e.B
02-21-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm in a bit of a minority I think. I cannot stand Tara. I think its HORRIBLE how she talks about Laura. She talks about what a failure Laura is before she even has the chance to try. its not a wonder Laura has no spirit her supposed best friend thinks so lowly of her. If I were Laura watching the show and seeing the way Tara talked about me I dont know that I could continue to be her friend. She ought to try a little support and encouragement instead of being so negative.

I also dont get why people are upset with Helen. How many of us...well me for sure...are overweight because they ALWAYS put everyone else before themselves. What everyone else needs has always been more important. Shanon is a grown woman now, I say good for Helen for sticking up for herself and finishing this. Bob and Jillian both talk time and time again how we have GOT to make ourselves a priority.

Anyway, just my little opinions.

zinkemomx2
02-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Seriously, I think when they have challenges for immunity, they should move them to right before the weigh-in, so people don't have the chance to waterload. I agree 100%. They should do the challenge and go STRAIGHT to weigh-in.

aangel22
02-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Why didn't Jillian just do 30DS with her team?! bah...

She even says herself that it is better than phoning it in at the gym.

Hmm...surprised they didn't do it just to endorse it. Would've been a great ad. ;)

sportmom
02-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Why didn't Jillian just do 30DS with her team?! bah...

Was TOTALLY thinking the same thing, like, oh you guys will do great bc she will just recreate 30ds for you! :doh:

I guess NBC wouldn't let her bc she wouldn't pay them to endorse it for her. A weird, weird world. You notice in the breaks they advertise the BL dvd's, but never Jillian's. THat's because all bob's videos are branded TBL and hers are completely independent and unrelated.

trekkiegirl
02-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Wonder how the blue vs. black teams will shape up this week. I think Dane and at least one blue member are going to end up getting their trainers switched. But those guys seem pretty adaptable and willing to do whatever they have to. I'm kind of hoping Ron gets Jillian. I'd be curious to see what she can do with him. Either way, Mike won't be able to compensate for him anymore. I do think Ron isn't going anywhere for a while yet, though.

Remember, this week it's split in half...first hour on Tues, 2nd hour on Wed! :)

aangel22
02-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I guess NBC wouldn't let her bc she wouldn't pay them to endorse it for her. A weird, weird world. You notice in the breaks they advertise the BL dvd's, but never Jillian's. THat's because all bob's videos are branded TBL and hers are completely independent and unrelated.

That makes complete sense! I never even really thought of it like that, but they are out to make money on their products. I'm just surprised they weren't doing it, even if they would do it and the producers just edit out or bleep where it came from. ;)

I miss my 30DS...a friend is borrowing it. Ah, I love Jillian's 30DS...even though it does get repetitive after the 3rd day of each level!

vixjean
02-23-2009, 10:36 PM
This is what it takes to make a Biggest Loser heroine for me: A chest voice (not a nasal voice), decent highlights, an inherent niceness & a willingness to work hard & talk as little as possible about one's kids/family at home.

This is funny!;)

I'm in a bit of a minority I think. I cannot stand Tara. I think its HORRIBLE how she talks about Laura. She talks about what a failure Laura is before she even has the chance to try. its not a wonder Laura has no spirit her supposed best friend thinks so lowly of her. If I were Laura watching the show and seeing the way Tara talked about me I dont know that I could continue to be her friend. She ought to try a little support and encouragement instead of being so negative.

WORD! You said just how I feel about Tara. The only thing I will add is that she does work hard.

As far as Helen, the daughter was there for Helen. You can tell that right from the start. Helen is there to lose weight, she is there to win. Her daughter seemed like she was slightly motivated, but also getting healthy, and she did kick *** off the ranch, more than I have ever done in a month, 14 lbs I think it was. I love how Helen isn't fake and doesn't make excuses for herself. I am rather impressed that she stayed. Oh and the daughter's annoying voice, I just noticed the last episode that she talks like that all the time. It was making my ears bleed.

Lori Bell
02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand Tara. She's so OVERLY dramatic. She works hard & she's kicking butt, but she annoys the heck out of me. Her poor partner must feel terrible, some people just don't lose as fast. She treats Laura like a 3 legged dog! YUCK!

Now my husband likes her the best. He wants her to win it all! I personally like the blue team. They seem like they would be a blast to party with!

Bobbolink
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I lost all respect for Bob, what a creep! I think he's spineless breaking down in front of his old team members. They were feeling bad enough without his crying, he should have stepped up to the plate and bolstered them up. He should have said, I know what you're all capable of doing and I want you to make me proud. After all the whole purpose is losing weight, no matter who's team you're on or the trainer.
I predicted Tara going the whole way from day one and I think she's going to do it. I can appreciate her determination to win and we all need that type of determination to stick to our plans and exercise.
I hated that it was only on one hour but Barack took over the channels.
What did you all think of Mandi trying to get everyone to quit?

zinkemomx2
02-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I lost all respect for Bob, what a creep! I think he's spineless breaking down in front of his old team members. They were feeling bad enough without his crying, he should have stepped up to the plate and bolstered them up. He should have said, I know what you're all capable of doing and I want you to make me proud. After all the whole purpose is losing weight, no matter who's team you're on or the trainer.

Exactly

I predicted Tara going the whole way from day one and I think she's going to do it. I can appreciate her determination to win and we all need that type of determination to stick to our plans and exercise.

I would love to see Tara win. I do worry though that 155 pounds will only give her 47%. She's going to have to get some of those big guys out of there.

What did you all think of Mandi trying to get everyone to quit?
I am very glad no one followed her plan. What a quitter. :no:

saef
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I got it: Bob's a very sensitive man. Okay, that's allowed. But for me, that scene went on & on. Everyone: Take a moment. Done now? Okay, now get on with losing weight. It's what you're there for.

(I went off & did dishes for a while during that part of the show. I never stay to watch the commercials. I get enough of them thrown at me during the actual show. In fact, that's probably why they embed the program endorsements in the narrative -- they know people like me are going off to fold laundry or do dishes during the traditional commercials, or TiVoing the whole thing & skipping them.)

I wish I could clock Bob's face time as opposed to Jillian's face time on each show. I wonder if Bob's agent negotiated more time for him this season or if Jillian's agent seemed overbearing & the show's producers wanted to even out the star power a little.

At Bob's breakdown, Sione's gesture of pulling his hood down & hiding his face was eloquent: This wasn't to be filmed. He didn't want this on TV. I can respect that. When people sign up for a reality TV show, I don't think they truly have an idea of how very intrusive it's going to be, or how the viewers are going to develop opinions of them & judge them likable & worthy or not. (Actually, I think most people like Sione. The women are more divisive figures.)

It's good that they switch trainers. One of the show's themes has been self-sufficiency. They've basically said: You can lose weight without the Biggest Loser gym. You can lose weight at home, on your own. Now it's: You can lose weight with a different trainer than the one you're used to.

It's all on you. I mean, all on them -- the contestants. The sooner they undertand that, and see no one person or place is the magical charm, the better.

trekkiegirl
02-25-2009, 12:59 AM
Wow...Bob and his ex-team...overkill. I expected Bob (and Jillian, to some extent) to be a little upset..they bonded with their teams. But the stuff with Bob and the cousins and Helen became like a melodrama, complete with musical montage. Gimme a break! What are they going to do when they get home where every trainer is literally not Bob? I'd like to see if Sione's speech at the bikes about not quitting will carry over to his workouts with Jillian. And Helen SENT Shanon home, she didn't "lose" her. What I've seen of that woman so far rubs me the wrong way.

Yellow team was definitely not happy but their usual whines didn't bother me so much tonight, because they were overshadowed by Bob's babies. My goodness, Mike the teenager handled it better than all of them, with the exception of Dane, who's probably not thrilled either but he he knows his job is to workout and take care of himself. Bob seems to be so caught up in the team and gameplay mentality that he doesn't seem to be dealing with the issues the individuals have, unless it's physical or medical, like Ron. Speaking of Ron, I wonder if he's right in his belief that Mike will be safer on Jillian's team. If her team loses and has to pick off one of their own, the cousins and Tara/Laura are not going to vote off each other and Mike is a threat. I mean, yeah, up to a point it's great to have strong people on your team, until they become your direct competition.

I like Tara's tenacity. She works hard but I suspect, just from what she said and how hard she fought to win, that if she had ended up losing Jillian she would have had a meltdown not unlike what we saw last week. Interesting that Jillian ends up with the majority of big strong guys this time around (unlike last year when she got all girls plus Phil and the year before when Bob aligned the big dudes on his side). Bob's only tough guy is Dane now, who's in the position of being a big threat but probably desperately needed for some of the challenges.

gymlee
02-25-2009, 01:32 AM
I honestly thought the whole time that this is the season of Bob. It seems like he has so much more face time and from almost from the beginning it was about him and his meltdowns. I think he's a fantastic trainer but buddy, come on! Pull yourself together and do your job. I know it's hard when things change and you don't get a chance to work with the people you're close to anymore but it's a game and he should know by now the producers are gonna do all they can to shake things up. The same thing happened with Jill season 5 when Bob won the challenge and pretty much took all the guys that Jill worked so hard with and developed so much of a bond with. And though Jill was upset and she shed a few tears she let them go and moved on with her team that she had. I feel like she has a better grasp of what she needs to do and is really a firm believer in not dwelling on things you can't change and moving forward at whatever costs to do what needs to be done and that's really the attitude you need to have on this show. Things are going to change in the blink of an eye, yes, some can be really heart-wrenching and seem unfair at times, but you have to make the best of what you have and just move forward. At least that's my take on it.

As for Tara, I think she has great tenacity and in some ways she's my kindred spirit. I like her approach to this game. She works hard and does what she needs to do to get what she wants. She doesn't go behind peoples backs or schemes to get what she wants, she just works hard to lose the weight in weigh-ins and gives it her all in challenges so that she can win the prize and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think it's honorable in fact. She plays the game pretty much fair and square. While I agree that she doesn't say the nicest things about Laura, she is shooting straight though calling it like it is (I'm the same way). From what what we see on the show, Laura wasn't pulling her own weight those couple weeks and Tara just called her out on that fact though it seems like Laura's starting to see exactly what she's doing and is trying to make good on that. Sugar coating things isn't going to make Laura's situation any better and I think it's good that Tara is just laying it all out there for her to see. And if they are really good friends then Laura will know that's just Tara's way she'll accept it for what it is.

That's my two cents anyway...

ennay
02-25-2009, 01:52 AM
That whole music swelling heartstrings thing with Bob was so over the top corny. But I totally lost all respect when he broke down with Kristin WHILE she is trying to work out. You're the trainer dude, tell HER its gonna be fine and get down to work.

I still like Tara. If you work hard you get my vote.

I'm glad they didnt quit. I remember the teams taking a negotiated break in the running challenge last season.

MTA: It was weird for me to have the 1 hour show because we had the address BEFORE so it was long over and afterwards we had The Office reruns.

mandalinn82
02-25-2009, 02:17 AM
I am so mad at Bob right now. I really, honestly think that this episode shows the fundamental difference between Bob and Jillian. Jillian makes the weight loss and the season ALL about her contestants...even so far as to say that she doesn't CARE, they're doing the work, etc. Bob makes it ALL ABOUT HIM. Constantly.

And I feel like, typically, when Jillian's people get into the end, they tend to lose more than Bob's team...simply because they are EMPOWERED that they can do this without him and don't feel so completely like their success is tied to Bob.

KimL1214
02-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I have issues with Bob as I feel like he is not as strong for his team as Jillian is. I really like how Jillian handled the switch and talked with her team about letting her know what their strengths are as well as what has and has not worked for them. If the blue team really feels that she did not push them enough, they need to tell her! If they want her to really kick their butts I know she would, but that is their own error for not communicating with her.
Tara bothers me. It's not that I don't like her, because I love her drive, especially last night pushing through the mud to win and then also bike the most. Her drive is inspiring. I just wish she would keep her mouth shut sometimes.

L144S
02-25-2009, 11:37 AM
I agree, Jill handled it well, lets go bond in the gym. Bob made the contestants lose sight of the goal and again all about him and not about self reliance.

I liketara, I like that she is motivating herself and those around her not to quit, she is always setting the bar.

sportmom
02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I wonder if Bob was really crying bc he knew he was screwed. Seriously. What are his chances of getting ANYONE in the final 4? Black will pick off Dane first and then it will just be the blue team getting hit each week after that. Unlikely that the final 4 will be anything but black. Maybe even the final 6. I think that's why Bob lost his mind. It's over for the blue team.

Jillian was happy bc, yeah, she lost a few people, but look who she GAINED!! The COUSINS! Her team is strong. She got rid of her whiners. Seriously, what's not to love???

MotoMichelle
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM
As for Tara, I think she has great tenacity and in some ways she's my kindred spirit. I like her approach to this game. She works hard and does what she needs to do to get what she wants. She doesn't go behind peoples backs or schemes to get what she wants, she just works hard to lose the weight in weigh-ins and gives it her all in challenges so that she can win the prize and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I think it's honorable in fact. She plays the game pretty much fair and square. While I agree that she doesn't say the nicest things about Laura, she is shooting straight though calling it like it is (I'm the same way). From what what we see on the show, Laura wasn't pulling her own weight those couple weeks and Tara just called her out on that fact though it seems like Laura's starting to see exactly what she's doing and is trying to make good on that. Sugar coating things isn't going to make Laura's situation any better and I think it's good that Tara is just laying it all out there for her to see. And if they are really good friends then Laura will know that's just Tara's way she'll accept it for what it is.

That's my two cents anyway...

I totally agree!

I wonder if Bob was really crying bc he knew he was screwed. Seriously. What are his chances of getting ANYONE in the final 4? Black will pick off Dane first and then it will just be the blue team getting hit each week after that. Unlikely that the final 4 will be anything but black. Maybe even the final 6. I think that's why Bob lost his mind. It's over for the blue team.

Jillian was happy bc, yeah, she lost a few people, but look who she GAINED!! The COUSINS! Her team is strong. She got rid of her whiners. Seriously, what's not to love???

That was my thought too. Jillian has a powerhouse of a team now. It's going to be very, very difficult for the blue team.

The Bob drama got to us also. That cheesy music was just over the top.

StraitLover
02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
If they were going to make 2 new teams, they should have went ahead and did away w/ the partners and flip a coin for everyone except the one person who won the challenge (they should have all participated, not just one from each team).

Hey, Bob, way to welcome the new members to your team - NOT!!! The way he acted towards the new ones, had it been me I would have told him to just stick w/ Kristin and her mom if he felt that way, and I would just work out on my own! :mad: He is ruining this seasom for me, and if he gets no better, this may be my last (I have watched from the beginning).

sportmom
02-25-2009, 09:57 PM
UGH! The blue team is so STOOOOPID!

I can't wait until I see Bob next week! Stupid stupid stupid.

They did what I only thought the BLACK team would do to them. THey just lost their only hope and they will be on the chopping block FROM NOW ON. Count it down, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, only black team remains. I-D-I-O-T-S.

trekkiegirl
02-25-2009, 10:16 PM
That was a stupid move...too soon. Ron can't contribute much to challenges or to the weight loss percentage so that leaves it to the 4 women. Aubrey tends to pull lower end numbers, Kristen has to consistently pull high numbers because of her size (like she said). I think it's becoming clear that Ron, Kristen and Cathy are going to try to eliminate Jillian's old teamers before one another. Likewise, I think if/when Jillian's team goes down, either Tara or Laura leaves first, because of the bond among the 4 others.

I wonder if Tara's crying in the preview is related to whatever Jillian said to Laura or if she is reacting to finding out Dane went home.

Edited: I just saw the preview again. I noticed Jillian is in Laura's face at the gym but when Tara is crying she's in the house (you can see kitchen knives nearby). I bet that's when the blue team comes back in and she sees Dane is gone. Her buddies are disappearing--Dane and Blaine are gone, yellow team is on the other side, Bob's exes are the majority on Jillian's team, which makes things precarious for her and Laura if the team falls.

You know...the first time Ron made one of his speeches, it was moving. Now I'm just finding them manipulative. Purple team were naive tonight. Ron is going to throw everyone under the bus to protect his son. If they didn't want to vote off Ron, they could have gone after Aubrey, she's the next weakest link.

gymlee
02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
OMG is the blue team learning disabled?????? What the **** were they thinking getting rid of Dane other than the fact of game play by eliminating the biggest threat? There is no one to carry the team anymore. Ron certainly isn't going to do it and it's only 4 other women. They are going to consistently be having troubles now that Dane is gone and will have hardly any strong players for challenges save Mandi (on occassions) because Ron can barely do anything because of physical limitations, Cathy and Aubrey aren't all that strong comparative to some of the other women and while Kristin has a great work ethic her size is working against her in some challenges since she can't go as fast as some of the others. Bad move blue team.

I really want to know what Jillian does to Laura since she says it's the meanest thing she's ever done. But in some ways I think Laura needs a wake up call. Sometimes she seems to get it and other's she's in her own La La land. She needs to wake up and smell the coffee and see what she's capable of. It must be so frustrating to work with someone that in week 8 or 9 is just not seeing what they're capable of. No wonder in all the interviews Jillian does she says that this season has really challenged her. She just be talking about Laura.

JennyRaye
02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Way too early to throw your best player under the bus. Blue team...dumb, dumb, dumb. And what was up with Aubrey voting against Dane in such a passive/aggressive way. She had to know that all the other three were voting for him. To not throw her vote to Ron was insuring Dane's exit from campus. Let the tie decide, then it's not in your hands. Super dumb.

junebug41
02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I thought Mandi voting for Kristen was passive agressive. Way to chicken out!

I like Tara and how she plays the game. She just shows up, each and every time. I think it's just some aspects of her personality that annoy me. Is she on a perma-caffeine buzz? ;)

I liked how they focused on Dane's marathon accomplishment at the end.

MariaMaria
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM
I liked how they focused on Dane's marathon accomplishment at the end.

Too bad it didn't really happen.

(Google it. It's being talked about in various places online.)

junebug41
02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Seriously? Laaaaaaame.

gymlee
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Wait, what??? Did they just like make it up?

Thin4Good
02-26-2009, 12:20 AM
ok I can't find anything about the marathon. Someone please PM me the link if you don't want to post it.

MariaMaria
02-26-2009, 12:22 AM
He and the wife both DNFed. (Didn't you think it weird seeing footage of them running very, very slowly without anyone else around them, and then they're supposed to have run a 3:53? They weren't moving 3:53 fast to begin with, and no one's going to be running totally alone in a marathon if they ARE heading for a 3:53.)

Here (http://melancholysmile.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-did-it.html)'s a blog post from a woman who was on the course IN FRONT OF them. She finished in 6:14.

Thin4Good
02-26-2009, 12:36 AM
WOW. I was really surprised at their time because I just finished a 20K (12.4 miles) at 2 hours and 17 minutes (which isn't great but not horrible either IMHO) and I was thinking about how the 20K is just shy of a half marathon so to double my time would be 4 hours and 34 minutes. Even if I kept the same pace I wouldn't be done since a marathon is 26.2 miles and that would be 24.8

I didn't think they were lying I was just feeling pretty crappy about my time since I have been trying so hard to improve it lately!

ennay
02-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Stuuuuuupid I cant believe they did that. Blue team just committed suicide.

And aubrey was super stupid. Dont vote for ron, instead make yourself an enemy for Kristen AND her mom.

ennay
02-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Seriously, I was wondering about that marathon. I could have sworn the clock said 5 hours something, and then another clock said 1:10 which would be a decent 10K time and then 3:53??? WTF...I mean seriously, I trained for YEARS to break 4 hours and he theoretically did it in a couple months at his size? That would be amazing.

I did notice in the week Blaine was eliminated him talking about his iron man. But the distances he listed were NOT ironman distances.

ennay
02-26-2009, 02:23 AM
he is not listed anywhere in the race results for that race.

That ticks me off. I mean, what like running a HM or a 10K wouldnt have been impressive enough? Lying flat out, not just misleading but flat out lying. TBL..not cool.

zinkemomx2
02-26-2009, 09:07 AM
That is unfreaking believable.

zinkemomx2
02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
from the comments section of that blog

Patterson's said...

Hi! I'm Carli Patterson wife to the biggest loser contestant Dane Patterson. I had herd about your post and wanted to give you an explanation of what happened. I am so proud of my husband and his accomplishments. This has been an amazing experience for our family and unfortunatly this marathon has been a little exaggerated. In this industry you are always on a time frame and sometimes it is out of your control. We had stopped along the way to film at a water station and to make up for lost time our producers drove us ONLY 3 miles up the road. I am sorry if this has offended you in any way, but we are still incredibly happy about the 23 miles we ran. We were not listed as completing the marathon. Dane is an honest LDS Dad and I hope that they do say he completed this marathon because had time allowed he would have!
February 24, 2009 6:49 PM

RangerChic
02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Wow, that's crazy about the marathon.

KimL1214
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
The marathon thing really ticks me off... I mean, really, really, really ticks me off!!! I was so impressed last night too, and to find this out??? How could they not only lie about his finishing, but also about his time!?
Blue team is stupid and have signed their own death warrants... they will be on the chopping block every week now. STUPID!!!

Gotta say, Tara is a MACHINE!!!

zinkemomx2
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Post 143 (http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=814912&st=140&p=3710109&#entry3710109) is another racer talking about it.

junebug41
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
from the comments section of that blog

Patterson's said... In this industry you are always on a time frame and sometimes it is out of your control.
February 24, 2009 6:49 PM

"In this industry"? :rofl:

Is that some kind of joke??

A) A production team would never tell someone to not finish a marathon they were completing... especially for something like TBL.

B) If it was me (and this is just me) and I was running my first marathon, I would tell any crew encouraging me to "wrap it up" to climb a tree.

My guess? It was staged like that from the beginning. And yes, that does make you a liar.

ennay
02-26-2009, 11:03 AM
Post 143 (http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=814912&st=140&p=3710109&#entry3710109) is another racer talking about it.

I can not believe some people are defending it as if it makes no difference. "What difference does it make" The difference is that there are lots of people out there who think they can do it too and then will feel BADLY about themselves if they complete their first marathon in a much more realistic time. - 3:53 by the way would be about the right pace for what he ran the 17 miles in before he left the course if that is the accurate report.

It is a double lie. Not finishing AND exaggerating the pace to such a ridiculous level.

sportmom
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
The wife's post only makes it worse. They drove us forward ONLY THREE MILES - umm, three miles is ALOT. Not to mention the time that you got to rest and replenish during that interview and drive that gave you a second wind over everyone who kept running during that - what - 1/2 hour I'm going to guess?? When I saw his 3:anything time, I was like, no way. How does someone that large a) run for 3+ hours STRAIGHT and b) run FAST ENOUGH to finish a race of that length in that time. It never made sense. Waaaay uncool. I hope this gets a lot of attention. I agree that perhaps Dane didn't know how it would be represented on the show last nite, like completely false, but that's about the only credit I'm issuing here.

ennay
02-26-2009, 11:26 AM
OK back to talking about the rest of the show. I think Ron's plan plain and simple is to pull down the blue team as long as possible so that Mike can stay. If blue keeps losing that is one more week for Mike. I dont think he really cares about being there for himself as much as strategy to keep Mike there.

The rest are all suckers for buying into his "who can do it at home" crap.

MT: AND NBC deleted posts about the cheat on the message boards this morning

saef
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, about the rest of the show.

I'm blaming Bob partly for the Blue Team's poor decision-making last night. His attachment issues & his slowness in adapting to the new reality of the newly formed team had to be a factor in keeping them from bonding.

When I watched the team making decisions last night, they were not unified. They could not decide on a single strategy. Everyone proposed different strategies. Ron, as the eldest male, proposed the outwardly altruistic strategy: Vote off the person who needs to be here least. (I say outwardly altruistic because I think Ron genuinely doesn't have enough self-knowledge to recognize that he's out for his family, not a general benevolent compassion toward everyone.) Dane & one of the girls proposed a game-winning strategy.

So clearly, there's a schism in that team. They need to unite or die. Bob needs to work on that with his team members, the way a coach would. He's not just a personal trainer, he's a coach leading a team & right now he's falling down on that part of the job.

Bob & Ron have been head-to-head before. It will be interesting to see if they bring that clash out into the open.

You know, I wish Kristen would step up to the plate here. She may have skunky hair, but she's strong-willed & works hard & she has the potential to keep going to the final four. Push out the patriarchy, Kristin, and take control! Or your team's gonna be decimated over the next few weeks. Ron seems a benevolent figure (the beard helps, somehow) & I feel terrible every time he takes off his shirt & I see what his weight battle has done to his body. (Wish they'd allow him the dignity of keepong on his shirt.) But if we really are going with the game-playing here, then he needs to step down from his leading role in the Blue Team, or even volunteer to go home.

The Blue Team's deliberations highlighted for me a major problem of this show. Is the show about helping people live better lives & become healthy? Or is it really about winning & gamesmanship? It tries to do both. And that's what I think the messed-up deliberations of the Blue Team were all about. Because those conflicting ideals were dividing up the people in the room.

Lori Bell
02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
What cheat ennay? You mean the marathon? I was at Church last night and for some reason my dvr didn't record the show....I was bummed!

MariaMaria
02-26-2009, 12:03 PM
In this industry you are always on a time frame and sometimes it is out of your control. We had stopped along the way to film at a water station and to make up for lost time our producers drove us ONLY 3 miles up the road. I am sorry if this has offended you in any way, but we are still incredibly happy about the 23 miles we ran. We were not listed as completing the marathon. Dane is an honest LDS Dad and I hope that they do say he completed this marathon because had time allowed he would have!

So he's an honest LDS Dad who lied and cheated and his wife is sorry that anyone thinks he (and she) lied or cheated--but not that he (and she) did.

And I don't even follow the logic that given enough time he would have done that marathon in 3:53. I don't claim any special connection to any deity to support my view of myself as moral, but where I'm from you have 3:53 and only 3:53 to run a 3:53 marathon.

ennay
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
So he's an honest LDS Dad who lied and cheated and his wife is sorry that anyone thinks he (and she) lied or cheated--but not that he (and she) did.

And I don't even follow the logic that given enough time he would have done that marathon in 3:53. I don't claim any special connection to any deity to support my view of myself as moral, but where I'm from you have 3:53 and only 3:53 to run a 3:53 marathon.

Given enough time he would have run a 6 hour marathon. One of the other accounts showed he was ~2:25 at the half (which only correlates to a 5 hour marathon in a really well trained runner - most first timers slow). But no way was he running a 1:30 second half. If he could, sign me up for that program. Sheesh... (Can you tell that as a runner this really ticks me off!)

MariaMaria
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
The blog I linked above said that she (where "she" = the blogger, a first-time marathoner who had what sounds like a really tough race) was in front of him the whole way. And she did a 6:14.

I wonder whether Boston will let Wifey in, since she was SO CLOSE in her 3:53 and it totally wasn't her fault that she had to stop to film and catch a ride.

saef
02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
In this industry you are always on a time frame and sometimes it is out of your control.

Translation: My husband is a TV actor now, with a gig on a highly rated TV show, not a "real person" struggling with a weight problem. Real-life rules don't appply to him anymore because he is participating in "depictions" for entertainment purposes. Viewers don't like having to sit through things in real time with outcomes that aren't sensationally uplifting. So we don't subject them to that sort of thing in their favorite TV shows.

[Can you tell I think the wife's post was incredibly condescending?]

ennay
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
The blog I linked above said that she (where "she" = the blogger, a first-time marathoner who had what sounds like a really tough race) was in front of him the whole way. And she did a 6:14.

I wonder whether Boston will let Wifey in, since she was SO CLOSE in her 3:53 and it totally wasn't her fault that she had to stop to film and catch a ride.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA....

junebug41
02-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Translation: My husband is a TV actor now, with a gig on a highly rated TV show, not a "real person" struggling with a weight problem. Real-life rules don't appply to him anymore because he is participating in "depictions" for entertainment purposes. Viewers don't like having to sit through things in real time with outcomes that aren't sensationally uplifting. So we don't subject them to that sort of thing in their favorite TV shows.

[Can you tell I think the wife's post was incredibly condescending?]

One "gig" on a reality show does not afford you the right to use the term "in this industry".

What an offense to people who bust their butts in it.

Edit: in fact, in one fell swoop she managed to offend people who work "in the industry" AND marathon runners. Thumbs up to her.

Thin4Good
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
B) If it was me (and this is just me) and I was running my first marathon, I would tell any crew encouraging me to "wrap it up" to climb a tree.

I completely agree with this! I don't even see why that would be necessary.

You know- we are having a marathon here next month that can be used to qualify for Boston. Maybe they should come out and run it to "prove themselves" to everyone.

ennay
02-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I guess there is usually a live chat or phone in or something with the eliminated contestant and NBC pulled the plug on Dane's.

I blame NBC for this. They knew, they probably convinced Dane & his family to do this lie and now they will probably try to stick it all on Dane.

MariaMaria
02-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I blame NBC for this.

NBC wasn't the one wearing a finishers' medal.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

mandalinn82
02-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Sure, NBC wasn't wearing the finisher's medal. But I'm sure their contracts give some considerable control to NBC on what gets shot and what the contestants have to do.

No one comes out smelling like roses in this one, but I think NBC probably made the final call and could enforce that call with contractual obligations.

ennay
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
NBC wasn't the one wearing a finishers' medal.

There's plenty of blame to go around.

No, but I could see in the moment being pushed around by producers going uh-huh...ok...oh yeah - read this script . We dont know what order things were filmed in and how much editing they did. etc. I'm not saying Dane is blameless, but bottom line NBC and the production crew KNEW the truth and portrayed the lie.

If someone sends me something that I knew to be false and I portray it as truth for profit then I am ultimately responsible. Especially if I encouraged the lie in the first place.

BTW - I have had independent personal confirmation that the fallacy occurred from someone I personally trust within the running community.

jajabee
02-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Wow, geez. I thought 3:53 sounded pretty darn fast for a marathon, but I figured it was just another lame misunderstanding like Blaine's "Ironman". Getting into a CAR in the middle of a footrace, though... sheesh. This just sucks. I wish someone else would come along and create a show like this, but without all the cheap sellout stuff they cram in all the time. Screw NBC, let's make our own damn TV show! :D

Jajabee's "The Biggest Loser" would:

* Be 1 hour long, with no repeating ANYTHING, 5 minutes devoted to the weigh-ins, and less than 3 to the voting. And NO SPEECHES! Oy!
* Be filled with segments about what the contestants are eating and why, and whether or not they're struggling with their eating habits.
* Not have any rediculous staged product placements. If a product is helping and they show it, then fine, that's helpful, but none of this ridiculous "Ziploc baggies will make you lose 100lbs!" garbage.

Sigh....

wiginn
02-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Jajabee - I would LOVE to watch your version of the show. I usually DVR it so I fast forward through all of the repetitiveness.

zinkemomx2
02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
The wife's post only makes it worse. They drove us forward ONLY THREE MILES - umm, three miles is ALOT. Not to mention the time that you got to rest and replenish during that interview and drive that gave you a second wind over everyone who kept running during that - what - 1/2 hour I'm going to guess?? When I saw his 3:anything time, I was like, no way. How does someone that large a) run for 3+ hours STRAIGHT and b) run FAST ENOUGH to finish a race of that length in that time. It never made sense. Waaaay uncool. I hope this gets a lot of attention. I agree that perhaps Dane didn't know how it would be represented on the show last nite, like completely false, but that's about the only credit I'm issuing here.

I went through and read the rest of NBC board thread. Now they are saying that there were bulbs out on the sign and he did the "marathon" in 5:53, not 3:53.

And speculating that the post made by the Mrs. Dane on that blog may not be the real Mrs.

Either way, someone messed up bad. Whether Dane had anything to do with it or not. We've known for some time how shady the show is with their variable weeks and editing. For some reason this doesn't surprise me.

trekkiegirl
02-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Did you guys watch the bonus videos? In one of them, Kristen says she voted off Dane because she expected Dane, Mandi and Aubrey to band together eventually to vote her off. I think the idea behind saving Dane at this stage of the game was so that you'd have a better chance of avoiding being in the elimination room in the first place! :dizzy:

Anyway...no doubt next time blue falls, one of the sisters is out, and the other one to follow, unless she has immunity. Unless the members of Jillian's old team (on both sides) gain immunity they are going to be picked off one by one.

ennay
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
From the NBC website this morning

In the final segment of last night's episode of "The Biggest Loser," which updated viewers on the status of an eliminated contestant, the former contestant was shown running a marathon in his home state of Arizona. NBC today learned that the contestant did not, in fact, run the entire marathon as depicted in the segment. Because the segment as aired was contrary to NBC policy, we are working with the program producers to determine how this occurred, and to ensure that corrective action is taken.

I knew it..."who us? we didnt know nuttin'" - some 2nd tier production lackey will get fired and all others will maintain innocence.

mizski
02-27-2009, 12:22 PM
"Ziploc baggies will make you lose 100lbs!"

Sigh....

So THAT'S what I'm doing wrong...I use Glad. :rofl:

p.s. Those product placements drive me nuts...esp. the gum ones.

saef
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow. So NBC put up an apology.

It must have smelled a potential lawsuit.

Call me a cynic. The networks really don't want an investigation into their lucrative reality shows that would yield the same results as the quiz show investigation in the 1950s.

gymlee
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
The producers apologized too.

Here's the apology put out late Thursday night by Reveille, the company behind "TBL":

"As the Executive Producers of 'The Biggest Loser' we would like to make an official apology and set the record straight with regards to the claim in last night's episode that Dane completed a marathon in Arizona.

"After seeing on various online blogs that this information may be inaccurate we investigated the claim and found that Dane had not indeed completed the marathon unaided. From our internal investigation we learned that Dane ran the first 17 miles before receiving a ride from the field producer for 3 miles before rejoining the race at the 20 mile mark whereupon he completed the race.

"We are incredibly proud of Dane for running 23 miles and losing over 130 lbs on his weight loss journey so far and wish him luck as he continues his new healthy lifestyle. We have also taken the necessary action to ensure that there is no future misrepresentations and sincerely apologize for misleading our loyal viewers and it was certainly not our intent but an unwitting mistake.

"We hope they will continue to be inspired and motivated by all of our contestants and follow them as they continue to change their lives."

ennay
03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Runner's World had an article on their site today about this:

The Truth Behind Loser's Race
Brian D. Sabin

Here's a news flash: Reality TV shows do not exactly reflect reality.

Last week, NBC's hit series The Biggest Loser showed Dane Patterson (pictured left courtesy of NBC.com) and his wife, Carli, finishing the Arizona Desert Classic Marathon in under four hours -- an incredible time for someone who weighed about 280 pounds on race day.

(Full disclosure: Runner’s World’s parent company, Rodale, publishes The Biggest Loser book titles and premium Web sites.)

In the clip, Dane says, "It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life to run side by side with my wife for an entire marathon."

Except, well, he didn't. And when word got out, other runners howled.

“Initially, my plan was to run the entire marathon,” Dane told us in a telephone interview on Sunday. “I thought that it would take about seven or eight hours.”

The problem was that the Desert Classic advertised a six-hour time limit. The race doesn’t actually enforce the policy. The official rule is to go until the last runner finishes, Race Director Hal Gensler said. He called the time limit “theoretical.”

“We’ve kept the course open more than eight hours,” Gensler said.

Dane, Carli, and sources at The Biggest Loser say they weren’t aware of that. The couple left the start area at 7 a.m. at a pace that Dane calls “faster than I would’ve liked.” At the time he believed that if he didn’t complete the race by 1 p.m., the race would be closed, the finish line would be gone, and the TV crew wouldn’t be able to get a finishing shot.

By all accounts, the couple finished the first half of the out-and-back marathon without incident. They were making pretty good time, too. Racer Lauri Fauerbach Adams said she saw them closing in on the turnaround, which marks the halfway point, about 2 hours and 22 minutes into their race.

Adams had started the race an hour earlier than the Pattersons (the Desert Classic offered an early start option to marathoners and half-marathoners), and was running away from the turnaround at about 15-minutes-per-mile pace. The Pattersons were averaging just over 11-minute pace when Fauerbach Adams saw them approaching the turn. She expected that they would pass her any minute.

They never did. At least not on foot.

Dane said data from his heart-rate monitor told him he needed to slow down. The couple also stopped at every water station. At one, the TV crew asked the Pattersons to stop and talk about how the race was going. Temperatures climbed.

By the time Dane reached a water stop past mile 16, they’d fallen way off pace. He was exhausted, and a sub-six-hour finish was not going to happen. One of the producers proposed driving Dane and Carli up the road.

“I was irritated,” Dane said, “but I just wanted to make everybody happy. I knew the show wanted a finishing shot.”

“Plus, at mile 17, it’s not hard to talk a 280-pound guy into taking a ride,” he added.

At mile 23, almost six hours into her own race, Lauri Fauerbach Adams couldn’t believe what she saw. Ahead of her on the road were two runners in black, the Pattersons. It had taken her more than 16 minutes to finish each of the previous four miles, but on seeing Dane and Carli ahead of her, she sped up to find out how they’d leapfrogged her.

“I flat out asked them if they’d gotten a ride,” Fauerbach Adams explained in an e-mail. “The man joked that they'd slid past me. I told him no, that was impossible on this course.”

Fauerbach Adams was “flabbergasted” and ran negative splits through the rest of the course. She finished about 13 minutes before the Pattersons crossed the line. Adams told race officials that the Pattersons had cheated, believing that their ride was seven miles or more. The Pattersons, NBC and Reveille Productions, which produced the segment, have all stated that the TV crew’s SUV took Dane and Carli three miles, from 17 to 20.

Dane and Carli’s finish was picture-perfect: The couple runs hand-in-hand, their young son beside them. Carli cheers as she holds her finisher’s medal. Dane wipes tears from his eyes.

Nearby, Hal Gensler was fielding complaints from other runners. The race decided that the Pattersons had not finished the entire marathon. Their names would not appear in the official results.

Dane told Runner's World that he knew he wouldn’t be listed as a finisher on the race’s Web site.

“Honestly, I will cherish that medal for doing 23 miles,” Dane said. “There’s not a whole lot of 280-pound guys who can run that, I think.”

Some three weeks passed before the segment aired on The Biggest Loser last Wednesday. When it did, many in the running community cried foul. A Facebook group called “Biggest Liar: Real Marathoners Against Dane and NBC” formed and, as of early Monday morning, had 115 members.

TV critic Aaron Barnhart picked up on the blog of a first-time marathoner that claimed Dane did not finish the race. Hours later, NBC admitted that the show was inaccurate, and Reveille issued an apology for “misleading our loyal viewers.”

On Sunday, Dane took a contrite tone when explaining his actions.

“At the time I didn’t think it was a big a deal,” Dane said, “but it was a bad decision. I understand that now. I realize how important that 26.2 miles is for runners.”

Dane said that he and his wife later returned to the course to walk the missing three miles. They plan to try another marathon in April, and asserts that if he hadn’t been trying to beat a time goal, he would’ve finished the Desert Classic.

“Without a doubt in my mind, I am physically able to do it,” Dane said. “Name a time and place, and I’ll do it again.”

ennay
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Completely by accident I caught the Today show segment with Dane & Jillian today. I turned on the TV to set up cartoons for my kid and there it was. (Kid was not so happy that I made him wait for his toons so I could watch it)

Basically it looks like they are all going to hang it on the nameless faceless "a producer".

Still no comment from anyone on how the 6+hours turned into sub 4.

saef
03-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Damage control.

Will they mention it in any way on the show tonight, I wonder? A special announcement before they get going? Probably not, because it's pretaped so far ahead of time.

chick_in_the_hat
03-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Here's a link to the interview (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29490063/).

Bobbolink
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Bummer!:?::( We didn't get to see how much Mikey lost. But I sure admire him for giving aubrey the food for a year. Sweet, compassionate kid.

gymlee
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM
I was like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I so wanted to see what happened and why Filipe was freaking out on Jill so much. I know he said that she didn't work with him during last chance work out but it had to be something else that upset him. We'll see.

I was also very proud of Mike for giving Aubrey the groceries. It was probably very appreciated by Aubrey.

Amarantha2
03-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I fell asleep and thought I'd missed the big weight revelation, but apparently, I didn't.

ennay
03-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Those bas-tads....I stayed up past my bed time and to be continued? Sheesh.

Clydegirl
03-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I think Filipe is jealous of the attention Jillian was giving Simone.

saef
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Let me make this clear, before I go off here for a minute, that I admire Mike for giving up the groceries.

But ... correct me if I am wrong ... haven't Aubrey & Mandi already brought up this subject of their being particularly deserving of challenge prizes because they have families? Didn't they persuade other people to throw a challenge for them previously, because they needed the prize more than the other contestants? I remember the "balancing on one foot" challenge & I thought something similar went on there. The other contestants felt guilty & let the sisters win.

Those sisters have marvelous persuasive powers.

They are also acquiring marvelous abdomens. I can already see their stomachs getting a little bit of definition.

I don't mind it at all when Sione takes off his shirt to weigh in. He has an interesting tattoo encircling one bicep.

And Mike is also turning out to be quite a good-looking kid, with those dark eyes & a very nice head of hair on him.

KimL1214
03-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Okay, that sucked... I really want to know how much he lost... and I don't want to wait a week. I am really proud of him for giving his food to Aubrey.

I figured out why Tara annoys me sometimes... we're just alike. I don't think I slam others as often as she sometimes does, but I do have an aggressive approach to working out. I thought of her a lot this morning when I was doing 30DS and how hard she pushes herself... She's inspiring and I really think she is a maching...

ennay
03-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Did anyone think that perhaps Cathy and Sione were game playing? I've wondered that before with Cathy. They had the week of immunity where she did not lose, and then the next week she lost 1 lb so I am thinking she and Kristin decided that week that K would lose and Cathy would water log and they could shore up some for the next week. When Cathy lost 14. I wonder if Cathy and Sione thought they could do a little water logging and count on votes to keep them there and then save some for later. Cathy is looking at she has a voting block with kristin and ron Sione probably figures its the former bob people against the green girls.

Although I do know that an injury can cause me to gain 3-4 lbs of water weight in inflammation.

And saef...yeah. waaaah waaaaah I have a big family waaaaahhh waaaaahh...did you see was it Sione's family? Yes only 2 kids, but both TINY...diapers alone must cost him a fortune. The crying is getting to me. I like Mandi sometimes because I think she works hard, but I think Aubrey is a big whiner.

saef
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Tara has more teeth than a piano keyboard, but she's still the one I'm rooting for. She seems like an obvious winner to me. But she's such an obvious target for a vote-off that I'm doubting she'll make it. This game seems to reward "stealth" winners rather than upfront, hard-charging competitors.

Cathy and Kristin do strike me as game players. I was rather chilled by Kristin's outright statement that she felt loyal only to her original team members. It's gonna be Mom & daughter & Ron vs. Aubrey and Mandi, which means the latter two don't stand a chance. Shame, because I've been warming up to Aubrey.

sportmom
03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I agree Saef, I'm tired of the world enabling Aubrey to make more bad decisions with her life. She went into about how she had her first 2 single and eating from the food bank. And then you had 3 more that you seem unable to really afford? So now people continue to give you things and you never quite have to deal with consequences as harsh as your reality. :rolleyes: I'm over it.

You notice how all the hype from a week ago about Jillian doing the meanest thing she's ever done and all that lead-up in the previews? I didn't think she did ANYTHING mean last nite. She just laid it on the line. And Laura going all in tonite's preview about how that was the meanest thing anyone has EVER done to her. Oh my, we've led a super sheltered life then, haven't we. Really? Seriously? Jillian is just doing her job just like you should be doing yours. ANother big eyeroll. Please.

zinkemomx2
03-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Did you catch Kathy's eye roll about she wasn't sure how her body was going to react coming off the 14 pound week? Oh please.

I agree that was very nice of Mike to give the groceries to Aubry. I still want to smack her though.

I think Mike is going to have a very good weigh in. Did you hear when Dr H was talking to him and Tara? He said something about how he has lost 134 pounds of fat and gained 20+ pounds of muscle. As of last week Mike had lost 91 pounds. I know some loss will be water weight but that is still quite a difference that could be this weeks big loss. I'm crossing my fingers for the kid.

I still really like Tara. I also hope that Laura gets some confidence soon.

heather88
03-04-2009, 07:49 PM
okay filipe is just overdramatic . . . everytime something happens he has to get loud and hit things. I think he is just doing it to get a rise out of someone.

sione mentioned that his low weightloss was because he wasn't working with bob . . . I think that is a load of crap.

mandy's upper abs are starting to show . . . she is really looking good, as well as tara.

mike is so sweet, I hope that he goes far in this comp.

I'm actually starting to like aubrey . . . I disliked her at first but she is growing on me as well as mandy.

I'm so happy that Ron's health is improving, I think that will help boost his weightloss.

The whole thing with laura and jillian wasnt as bad as I expected it to be . . . I think jillian did the right thing by calling her out. Laura is a sweet girl, but that is why jillian is so frustrated with her not giving 100%.

I'm not looking foward to the next episode because it looks like jillian gets attacked . . . :[ and I really like her! I wonder if tara will come to her rescue?

Lawrencia
03-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Filipe and Sione's whole love affair with Bob just annoys me. I get that they really, really liked him. But they better learn how to train without him and to train with others or they are DOOMED when they leave the ranch.

I also think that Sione and Cathy may have waterlogged. I believe that both of them feel confident that they wouldn't be the ones going home if their team lost.

sportmom
03-05-2009, 12:26 AM
I missed the beginning. Did Bob flip out when he found out they sent Blane home? How bad was it????

saef
03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Maybe I missed it, sportmom, but I don't think they showed any footage of Bob greeting his somewhat diminished team. They showed Tara's tears & other reactions from the team members, but not Bob's reaction. Shame. Because I thought he & Ron might go head-to-head. The decision was good for Ron & Mike on the Black Team, but not good for the Blue Team's long-term survival as a whole unit.

trekkiegirl
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
They didn't show Bob's reaction about Dane (Blaine was sent home several weeks ago). They just showed when blue team walked back into the house without him. Tara was very upset and crying. She told Mandi and Aubrey she thinks blue team screwed themselves (paraphrasing here).

Re Filipe, I mentioned a couple of weeks ago how I was picking up on his seething anger and it was putting me off. It started with Damien's elimination, continued with the Joelle business and the elimination of Joelle/Carla, reached new heights with the team switcheroo and apparently is going to explode all over Jillian next week. I'm like, geez, get it over it and get over yourself. Sione seems more passive/aggressive.

At this point, I'm kinda pulling for Tara, both for the fact she's continuing to work hard and do great but also because she's the only one left who's been with Jillian the entire time. It would be funny if she won in spite of "the season of Bob" and the majority of his former and current team still being there.

Kimphin
03-05-2009, 01:23 PM
It's getting to be the time in the show for the makeovers. All of the guys are getting a little scruffy looking!

I think that Mike does well in the WI - he's really starting to look great.

Laura needs to buck up and put her big girl panties on! I have never seen anyone cry as much as her!

vixjean
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
saef - good points, I wasn't really seing them as being persuasive, but now that you mention it...

ennay
03-07-2009, 02:08 AM
So here is my recent thoughts

I think they DID have footage of Bob going all balistic about Dane leaving and/or Jillian snickering about how stupid it was but when the whole marathon thing came up they decided to lay off as much Dane stuff as they thought they could reasonably get by with and that is why we had the season recap at the beginning. Last minute filler.

I've decided that Mike makes the weight because if the show was going to have the twist that weight WASNT made they would have saved Sione for last. Sione always has big numbers and so it would have looked like a sure thing and then next week when he pulled a 3 that could have been the big shocker. Because you know they set up the order of the weigh in purely for dramatics as the real weigh in has already occurred.

I'm freaking out because my DVR is currently not recording anything. (Dangit I missed last nights ER) and I cant watch TBL live. Just. Cant.

sportmom
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM
I agree with you Ennay, I think that's what will happen.

trekkiegirl
03-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm actually thinking Mike doesn't make the 10 pounds. I mean, the previews may have been misleading but Aubrey, Mandi and Filipe were all shown upset or angry. Maybe the sisters are afraid that one of them is getting eliminated and maybe Filipe is letting the stress of the black team having to lose someone contribute to his attittude with Jillian. Maybe everybody's nerves are on edge. I dunno. Just a guess.

And what a horrible situation to put Mike in. I mean, geez, that kid hasn't been pressured enough these past weeks? And whether the contestants win or lose is not just on his shoulders but all of them. If, by chance, Sione's loss of only 3 pounds was deliberate (waterloading with the idea that he would be saved if black team went down because Bob's former teammates would vote out green girls first), then he could have unwittingly screwed everybody.

ennay
03-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Ahhhh but the fact that all the previews have everyone pissed off is why I think he makes weight. Because if they look horrified at a weigh in they have a good number and if they look happy they have a bad number, etc.

sportmom
03-09-2009, 02:20 PM
The producers historically have used out of sequence clips to fool us into thinking one thing or another, even during the transition into commercial breaks. Can't go by that.

Mercee
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
A few more hours and our suspense will be over. LOL

canadianwoman
03-10-2009, 02:24 PM
A few more hours and our suspense will be over. LOL

Thank goodness but I wonder how long they will recap before we know how much weight Mike lost.

saef
03-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm looking forward to the show tonight. Their cheap cliffhanger worked on me, I'm ashamed to say. I'd better get back from the laudromat in time to see every minute of it.

Ennay is very shrewd regarding this TV show's tropes & conventions. If we had a sports commentator's desk on this show, I'd want to hear Ennay's analysis of the game every time.

JoyfulVegGirl
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Thank goodness but I wonder how long they will recap before we know how much weight Mike lost.

I'd give it a good 10 minutes for the theme song and recap. I wish I was joking.

Mike had better make it. To make him weigh-in last after all he's been through when they know the team falls short would be cruel, and they owe me after the Dane marathon debacle.

He gave away his groceries, for ******* sake.

angeline
03-10-2009, 10:40 PM
OK, Felipe and Kristen are on my last nerve.

First, Felipe - moaning and whining about how his poor performance on the scale is a result of his trainer problems. REALLY? It wasn't from the 24 hours of luxury and food and drink and little to no workouts.

And Kristen - can she be any more dramatic? She's become the emcee of TBL. Enough of Kristen and her pronouncements!!

I sooooooo hope that black has to kick someone off. my fingers are crossed

angeline
03-10-2009, 10:59 PM
UGH - I cannot believe this ending.

so who made ron the godfather of the blue team

sportmom
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah Felipe, I think the chicken strips did you in, NOT Jillian! puhleez Talked about displaced agression and blame!

"No Ron, it's time for YOU to go home." Who died and left Ron in the role of Pope? He's so into his pontifications that they just blurt right out of him and the 2 lame women just worship at the shrine of Ron and MikEY. Well, Mandi showed a great job on her loss after she went home, so in the end the decision was good, but it should have been up to the girls and not the threesome.

Bobbolink
03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I must be missing something here! Ron is holding back the team from winning all the challenges, why didn't they vote him off?
Angel...you got that right, Felipe is blaming Jillian instead of himself.

First, Felipe - moaning and whining about how his poor performance on the scale is a result of his trainer problems. REALLY? It wasn't from the 24 hours of luxury and food and drink and little to no workouts.

blonde08
03-10-2009, 11:22 PM
It's getting real old real fast with the black team winning everything.

It's not even a competition anymore.

gymlee
03-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I thought I was going to have a heart attack while watching this show. My inner little Jillian was coming out the whole time and I thought I was just going to blow my top at what these contestants were doing during that whole week being cocky and complacent and then doing what they did during that 24 hours of luxury. :yikes: I think my blood pressure is still up!

And someone tell me why everyone listens to Ron? Does he honestly believe that he helps the team by staying there? If anything he's hurting them and causing the team to fall further and further by first suggesting Dane to be voted off and now Mandi he suggested the two strongest players on that team. I seriously just want to have him sent home. *puts head in hands* Oy....

gymlee
03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh yea and did these contestants learn anything about accountability?? Blaming Jillian is just ridiculous.

blonde08
03-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Kristen and Cathy are just going along with Ron so they can get Mandi and Aubrey sent home. Then they will send Ron home. I assume. It doesn't matter to them if blue is under if they (Kristen and Cathy) have the upper hand and won't be sent home.

canadianwoman
03-11-2009, 12:46 AM
so who made ron the godfather of the blue team

Apparently he gave himself that role. He really gets on my last nerve. I weigh more then he does and I can go faster then that in a swimming pool!!!

ennay
03-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Gah, Kristin and Cathy dont see that Ron is sabotaging the blue team just to give Mikey more time. He is the biggest player ever, even bigger than Vicki. How many team challenges are they going to win now? One on ones only. If they survive it will give Kristin a really good chance to make it to the finals though.

And Filipe jeeezow. OK, maybe he can whine about the workout I don't know. I could see thinking "ok I'm next" and then be pissed that Jillian left, but to blame his performance on her and not his carousing is pathetic. That kind of "its not my fault" attitude is how you get and stay fat.

I am usually a black team supporter but tonight I was kind of feeling like Jillian said - they got away with murder.

Did anyone else think the weigh in was set up to give the blue team a fighting chance? and still ....

Now as to the weight loss on the black team
Tara water loaded. And did a mighty fine job of it. Smart move on her part taking herself out of the competition. She has been pulling the huge numbers and cant forever. She ate less than anyone else at the spa and I dont think she really didnt lose.

I think Filipe phoned it in all week because he was mad at Jillian.

Helen - damn woman...what a bad influence. Did you notice SHE suggested tequila, SHE wanted the cigarette, SHE suggested the bar. I'm not saying no personal responsibility but she was certainly the queen of temptation.

It will be interesting to see how they set up the rest of the show. They will be doing things for the next several weeks to try and preserve blue...they dont want all black too soon, at least not til it goes back to one on one. Challenges like tonights pop quiz where individuals can win and the weak team doesnt matter.

The only problem with the way things worked is TBL's efforts to not kill off blue too fast are hiding the fact that Ron is pulling that team underwater.

MTA: Ali is looking REALLY preggo, its gotta be getting near December/January on the ranch. Maybe next week when they go home they'll hide the fact that its really Xmas and Bob and Jillian aint working on Xmas.

Onmyway
03-11-2009, 08:50 AM
I think Bob was wrong to train with Sione and Filipe. Since when do contestants get to change the rules and decide who their trainer is? He should have sent them back to Jillian to work things out. I'll be curious to see if the show lets them continue to work with Bob.

saef
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Bob was wrong, but Bob was being smart, at least as far as playing the game goes. His team can only be helped if the Black Team has divided loyalties and isn't putting its entire heart into its workout.

Watching that Black Team binge was fascinating. Even through the TV screen, I could feel the recklessness rising. It's the kind of atmosphere I remember well, when people say, "Oh, to heck with it, let's just have fun." And then start making bad decisions. It's contagious.

It's very, very hard to be the one sober, sane voice in the room who says, "No, I'm not in the mood for tequila shots. Think I'll just have one shrimp, without the cocktail sauce -- thanks, just a taste is enough. I'll have a grilled chicken salad. After all, we're in training. We've got a weigh-in in two days."

It seems no one on the team was able to maintain his or her composure & speak up. If one authoritative person had done this, it might have set the tone for the others & the whole thing could have turned out differently.

Just fascinating. Like seeing film footage from my life at another time, in another place.

Sione & Filipe need to deal with their anger. What are they so angry about? Do they have trouble with authority, in general? In this case, their rebellion against authority is harming & limiting their own bodies, rather than anything else. It's going to get them thrown off the show sooner. How much personal loyalty do you think the Black Team is going to feel to members who keep working out with Bob? If Sione weren't pulling such big numbers & if he weren't such a strong presence, they'd be gone by now.

Lori Bell
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Sione & Filipe used to be my favorites, but after last night, I can't wait for them to go...what male chauvinist! Tara definitely water logged. Mike probably lost weight because he's not drinking age and didn't partake in the drinking/binging activities...Ron needs to go home too.

So what is Kristin's medical situation that kept her from doing stuff last night??....That was the first time they ever mentioned something being wrong with her (or did I miss something?). Why couldn't she sit against the wall?

JennyRaye
03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
I just don't understand the loyalty to a team you were on for a few weeks and now aren't. Are all the folks who are former blues on black team now going to vote blue down the road? I don't get it. Align with people who make you strong. Who does Ron make strong? Nobody. He's watching out for Mikey. He's the weakest link on the current blue team, and yet he continues to call the shots. He's making it so they will have to cannibalize the original blue team members because they can't win a weigh-in, even after the devastating affects of the luxury reward. You want your team to be strong so you don't have to go to elimination and vote off someone else. Am I wrong?

KimL1214
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Okay, first, good job Mike on the weight loss...

Second, Ron needs to go and the blue team is stupid.

Third, the black team is stupid too.

Fourth, Filipe needs to look in the mirror because he messed HIMSELF UP!!!

Fifth, I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I want to watch the show anymore since the eliminations are stupid and there really is no competition anymore. I enjoy watching them change, but if the show was really about a weight loss competition, Ron would no longer be on it.

ennay
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
By the way, I find the episode recaps at this site really amusing. The author uses a fair bit of foul language so be warned. Funny though

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/the-biggest-loser-1/recaps.php (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/the-biggest-loser-1/recaps.php)

trekkiegirl
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Seriously, I hope Tara and Mike make it to the finale...the others I don't really care.

Ron is gaming for his son, not for his team. On the one hand, blue team is stupid for voting off their better competitors this early and then whining about losing challenges afterwards. On the other hand, they are justified in 2 beliefs: 1) people are still in original Jillian vs Bob's team mindsets and purple team knows they would have been outnumbered if they hadn't taken out Dane and one of the sisters and 2) Ron is no threat to anybody, blue or black. If they don't go to singles soon, Kristen will be the last blue member left, because they'll vote off Aubrey, then Ron, then Kathy would give it up for her daughter. On the other hand, if it does go to singles before that happens, everybody else will vote for whoever Ron is up against, in an effort to eliminate the better competitors first. I mean, keeping Ron for the finale increases the other finalists' chances of winning.

I was never that crazy about Mandi but 2 things...how dare Ron walk in and announce it was Mandi's turn to go, done deal. This week he thinks Aubrey can't do it at home but I'm sure at the next elimination he'll say, yes, Aubrey can do it at home. But kudos to Mandi. She was the last holdout against a tough competitor like Tara and she walked out of there on her own terms. But why didn't anybody get up to hug her goodbye? And Ron essentially saying he can't do it at home, why not? He's had over 2 months on campus, and he'll eventually have Mike to push and encourage him. I mean, I can understand he's got something in his psyche making him feel this way (the same thing that's obviously shaped his life, weight-wise) but at some point, he has to focus on what he needs to do, not for a show, not for his son, but for himself, or he's going to end up right back where he started.

Filipe - I've been ready for him to go for weeks. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening for a while yet. If they stay in this team mode much longer (and the cousins don't end up back on Bob's team), Tara needs to win immunity or she is going to be the first or the second picked off. Tara's gonna have to be another Ali Vincent to hold on. Speaking of which, I read that we will see Ali and Michelle taking over for Alison in the next couple of weeks.

I can understand the irritation with Kristen. There's some pomposity that comes through in those comments of hers, like everything she says is right. And, for all we know, her "medical issue" could have been TOM. Ditto for Mandi's weight gain.

I can see why they are auditioning new trainers. Bob & Jillian both look like they need a break.

Sheila53
03-11-2009, 04:15 PM
I knew that either Mandi or Aubrey was going to get voted off because our local news kept talking about the sisters (who live here) being in the spotlight. Annoyed me that they would make such a big deal about it because it certainly gave it away for me.

When they interviewed Mandi for the news last night, she looked great, even better than the blurb about her at the end of TBL. And she knows she was considered the whiny, emotional one--she mentioned it in the local news interview and tried to explain how hard it was at the ranch, physically and emotionally, working out 8 hours a day and eating 1,000 calories or less (her words).

MindiV
03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I've about decided it's not a problem with authority for Felipe & Sione...it's a problem with a WOMAN in a position of authority. They don't respect Jillian as a trainer because she's a woman. They've got no issues working out with Bob.

Mercee
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Other players have switched trainers before when Kim was there a player named Amy who switched to Jillian.

ennay
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Ron is gaming for his son, not for his team. On the one hand, blue team is stupid for voting off their better competitors this early and then whining about losing challenges afterwards. ...If they don't go to singles soon, Kristen will be the last blue member left, because they'll vote off Aubrey, then Ron, then Kathy would give it up for her daughter. On the other hand, if it does go to singles before that happens, everybody else will vote for whoever Ron is up against, in an effort to eliminate the better competitors first. I mean, keeping Ron for the finale increases the other finalists' chances of winning.

OK....so here is the thing. Does Ron think Mike can beat Kristin? Aubrey is certainly less of a threat What I would be thinking if I were Ron.

The purple ladies have said they have a voting block with Ron. Ron has been mum on that. He keeps touting the patron saint of who can lose at home. He's calculating whatever he can to give Mike the best odds.

The purple ladies have been alternating water loading. Is Kristin due a bad week? My thought is if Aubrey wins immunity...Ron will try to band together with Aubrey to push Kristin out but in that scenario Aubrey would probably push Ron out because she isnt a good game player. The Dane thing proved that. So if Aubrey has immunity next week (or the next time Blue goes below), Ron is gone

If Kristin was lower than Aubrey next week, I think he might say it was Kristins turn to go home (he can justify it EXACTLY how he justified Mandi) Kristin & Cathy would vote Aubrey, and maybe in that scenario Aubrey could get talked in to voting for Kristin as the only way to save herself. However the random rules of tie breaking seem to work that might send Kristin home eliminating one of the bigger threats to Mike. (The lower percentage I thought was the rule, and black would certainly send K home. Now a few seasons ago the biggest loser had an extra vote so that would skew everything) He'll only propose it if he thinks he can pull it off. Not if K would win a tie breaker because then he is toast.

The bigger question is the black team. If they go below do they think they are close enough to singles to vote out someone strong like Tara or dead weight in the challenges like Laura. I'd keep Tara because I'm not sure if she has enough to lose to win it all.

sportmom
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
working out 8 hours a day and eating 1,000 calories or less (her words).

Wow, so much for your body going into starvation mode if you don't eat enough and then hanging ON to pounds... Hmmm. I guess bc of the amount they are working out that they are immune from that?

trekkiegirl
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
OK....so here is the thing. Does Ron think Mike can beat Kristin? Aubrey is certainly less of a threat What I would be thinking if I were Ron...My thought is if Aubrey wins immunity...Ron will try to band together with Aubrey to push Kristin out but in that scenario Aubrey would probably push Ron out because she isnt a good game player. The Dane thing proved that. So if Aubrey has immunity next week (or the next time Blue goes below), Ron is gone

Hmmm...but in that scenario, do you think Aubrey would vote for Ron? She didn't vote for him when it was Dane, she put Kristen's name instead. Maybe Aubrey would feel badly about the idea of voting off somebody in Ron's condition. Or maybe, she would simply perceive Kristen as the bigger threat to herself and get rid of her, and break up the mother/daughter team in the process, since they always vote identically anyway. I could imagine in that scenario of Aubrey having immunity that Kristen and Kathy would be forced to vote for Ron, Aubrey going after Kristen as the bigger threat. I think Kathy would try to sacrifice herself and plea to Ron but that would result in his own ouster if he saved Kristen and Aubrey didn't. If K & K voted for Ron and R & A voted for Kristen, it would go to black team. Then I could imagine a situation of Kathy begging to be sent home and black having to decide whether to agree or whether to send home the bigger threat of Kristen.

BTW, I wonder if the show wants to try to set up Mike for the win. We've had 2 female winners now so that novelty is gone. If Mike wins, they would have the novelty of a teenager as TBL and they could use him to "go after" the overweight teens.

Sheila53
03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Mandi was on the news again tonight at 5:00 pm where they showed her at the gym working out with a local trainer--a Gold's Gym I used to go to, in fact. She is working out twice a day now at two different gyms to get ready for the final, which she said was 8 weeks awa, and she wants to lose 20-30 more lbs. She said she's been "whiny" with this trainer--not sure of the context since it sounded like a sound bite. She actually can laugh at herself, and she seems a lot more cheerful than at the ranch. She's quite a pretty woman.

At 6:00 pm, they're going to talk with her about how she was able to take the time off. That might be interesting to watch.

angeline
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I've about decided it's not a problem with authority for Felipe & Sione...it's a problem with a WOMAN in a position of authority. They don't respect Jillian as a trainer because she's a woman. They've got no issues working out with Bob.

Mindi, I totally agree with you on this!!!

gymlee
03-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, so much for your body going into starvation mode if you don't eat enough and then hanging ON to pounds... Hmmm. I guess bc of the amount they are working out that they are immune from that?

I've heard Jillian say when she has contestants that are super obese and have an exorbinant amount of weight to lose that she has put them as low as 800 cals a day under medical supervision. She says that if you're working out it revs your metabolism and compensates for being so low calorie wise that you will lose weight. Though she doesn't reccomend people at home to do it, of course because the contestants are under medical supervision there. So that's how they seem to get away with it.

heather88
03-12-2009, 03:29 AM
The show is getting slightly humorous for me.

Did anyone else Lol when filipe called kristen a big blueberry? :D

canadianwoman
03-12-2009, 03:38 AM
The show is getting slightly humorous for me.

Did anyone else Lol when filipe called kristen a big blueberry? :D

Yes I giggled at that and was waiting for her to call him a big fat blackberry but she so called him out when she gloated that she had lost a pound more then him. Bwahahaha. I love Kristen. I hope Kristen or Mike wins.

trekkiegirl
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
I was just reading an interview with Mandi at Reality TV World. She said some interesting stuff. She said that Ron is a nice man but very good at making people feel sorry for him. She preferred Bob as her trainer. She thought Jillian was a gameplayer and also that she (Jillian) had her favorites and those were the people she focused on (particularly Tara). She said there was a lot of "bad blood" between Jillian and Filipe (which she apparently heard from Tara that Jillian wanted Filipe gone) and she thinks that Bob is better at motivating people, that he cares more, that he makes you want to do it for yourself. She mentioned that she knew Aubrey needed to be there because she was still having to drag Aubrey out of bed and into the gym and that Aubrey was surprised when she returned and Mandi had a stronger personality.

Back to Filipe for a sec...I find it rather ironic that he condemns Jillian for gameplaying when he hoots and hollers like a child every time he wins a challenge or has a successful weigh-in. Bob's former team likes to condemn gameplaying until it's their own. Ultimately, everybody is playing the game to keep either themselves or their loved one in. I think that's one of the things that may be irritating about Kristen. She calls out other people's gameplaying but when she and her teammates do it, she justifies it.

Sheila53
03-12-2009, 03:15 PM
During Mandi's segment on the news last night, the reporter mentioned that TBL pays the family a stipend during the time the family member is on the ranch. I always wondered about that.

ennay
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Sheila - I always figured they had to be paid. It was one thing when it was individuals but married couples with kids, who could afford to be out of work that long and find someone to watch the kids all that time. Or if the person is the sole breadwinner or a SAHM you are talking major change to the family finances.

mygritsconfessions
03-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow, Filipe lost it last night! Would love to know what happened in between the 'tv takes.' You know there had to have been words or discussions going on between he and Jillian.

L144S
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I would also bet that if the black team looses, one of the cousins will be the first to go. defecting from your team is never a good thing.

gymlee
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I would also bet that if the black team looses, one of the cousins will be the first to go. defecting from your team is never a good thing.

I definitely agree with that. That is going to be seen negatively among the other black team members and they're not going to want someone working with the trainer of the enemy team.

Inkedmama98
03-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I have only seen the last two weeks of this show and I love it! I must have been living in a whole the past 5 seasons. I feel really bad for the blue team :( I hope they win soon. Im glad to have found this tread! Yiipppeeeeee!!! :)

Inkedmama98
03-12-2009, 10:04 PM
oopps I said 5 seasons, I think that is supposed to be 6. Wow I have missed out on a lot. sheesh.

ennay
03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
She thought Jillian was a gameplayer and also that she (Jillian) had her favorites and those were the people she focused on (particularly Tara).

This makes me think back on the last couple seasons (which is all I have really watched) and she keeps being in the hole "we dont have the votes" "we are the underdogs" but then her one star person wins (although technically Heba lost more than Michelle). I wonder if she WANTS her group to lose a few and feel the pressure. I wonder if she doesnt know how to work in this scenario where they arent behind the 8 ball all the time. She'd rather have 1-2 to focus on and feel the fear than have 6 people strong and cocky.

JoyfulVegGirl
03-16-2009, 04:49 PM
That makes a lot of sense. She's talked in the past about how she doesn't like to focus on people that she thinks won't keep it off and make a permanent change. I think it might've been last season where she talked about looking at the group and not seeing anyone who had the determination to stick with it and win. She has such an intense personality and it would probably be exhausting to her to try to focus on everyone.

That being said, I hate how she handled the backlash from the 24 hours of "luxury". It was a really good opportunity to show her team how hard it is in day to day life to deal with temptation. They've been isolated and protected from all of that, they were obviously scared about what they'd done and the fact that they all gave in to peer pressure (or Helen pressure :lol:), and SHE'S the one who always makes such a big deal about wanting to help them keep the weight off. Instead she made it all about her, how much they had disappointed her, how hard it was to train them, etc.

She also missed a good opportunity last week when they switched teams. She should have spent more time making them comfortable with the situation instead of being hurt that they ran over to talk to Bob.

I totally agree that both trainers are showing the stress of this season. Bob yelling and having a breakdown? Jillian breaking people down without building them back up? I think the show itself is starting to get to them.

And Filipe just looked like a total jerk. Take some responsibility for your actions instead of throwing a tantrum. If you're so pissed about Jillian not working out with you then bring it up with her and tell her like an adult instead of using it as an excuse.

I still love Sione, though :)

trekkiegirl
03-16-2009, 06:10 PM
This makes me think back on the last couple seasons (which is all I have really watched) and she keeps being in the hole "we dont have the votes" "we are the underdogs" but then her one star person wins (although technically Heba lost more than Michelle). I wonder if she WANTS her group to lose a few and feel the pressure. I wonder if she doesnt know how to work in this scenario where they arent behind the 8 ball all the time. She'd rather have 1-2 to focus on and feel the fear than have 6 people strong and cocky.

I've only been watching since Season 5 myself, although I saw about half of Season 4 during the FLN marathon (but it was hard to get into since it was so condensed and all at once.). Anyway, yeah that seems to be true. And her remark about trying to get through this "GD" season was similar to last year when she told the women she couldn't wait for Season 7 so she could get people who cared. I had the impression Tara and Dane were her favorites this year. Tara had a meltdown but she's tough and Dane waited until he was off the show to have his drama, lol.

sportmom
03-16-2009, 11:50 PM
No one ever mentioned either the concept of "free." We all know, when something is thrown at us like an open bar & dessert buffet at a work function that we partake bc it is "free", we "deserve it" and we're entitled we think. It doesn't really relate to real life. If they were paying for their hedonism, I think it would have been much lighter. But they were all like "heyyy, nbc's got the tab, drink up!" I think we would all fight to not do the same thing. If we were paying ourselves, we'd have to think. But there's this crazy mentality about free stuff.

L144S
03-17-2009, 09:24 AM
That being said, I hate how she handled the backlash from the 24 hours of "luxury". It was a really good opportunity to show her team how hard it is in day to day life to deal with temptation. They've been isolated and protected from all of that, they were obviously scared about what they'd done and the fact that they all gave in to peer pressure (or Helen pressure :lol:), and SHE'S the one who always makes such a big deal about wanting to help them keep the weight off. Instead she made it all about her, how much they had disappointed her, how hard it was to train them, etc.

She also missed a good opportunity last week when they switched teams. She should have spent more time making them comfortable with the situation instead of being hurt that they ran over to talk to Bob.

I totally agree that both trainers are showing the stress of this season. Bob yelling and having a breakdown? Jillian breaking people down without building them back up? I think the show itself is starting to get to them.

And Filipe just looked like a total jerk. Take some responsibility for your actions instead of throwing a tantrum. If you're so pissed about Jillian not working out with you then bring it up with her and tell her like an adult instead of using it as an excuse.

I could not dissagee with you more :) I try to keep in mind that we don't see everythng that happened. Clearly there has been a lot of tention going on and this may have been the straw that led her to lose her cool, but I doubt we will ever know what led up to that. Jillian's blog gives a little of her side of the story and somewhere in the middle is the truth?

I think Jill handled the switch well and Bob handled it baddly. Bob should have wished them well, said it is the nature of the BL game and things could change again anytime go learn somethng new. I think Bob underminded Jill and it puts these 2 contestans in a bad spot. They wear black and compete with black but they train blue leaving them untrustworthy by both teams in my oppinion and easily voted out if the black team loses a comp and also by blue because they may be attached to the blue team, but they wear black. I personally wouldn't trust them if I was a black team member, they may throw a comp to give blue the upper hand. They lost my trust as soon as they went back to blue.

As for the lux comp, I am getting annoyed with the whinny brats that need TV to lose weight (watched the casting call clips on TV last night for BL and I had read the Dietribe boards at one point and people feel like the only way to lose weight is to go on reality TV) and these brats have no controll over themselves and the magic of TV wil make it all better AND they have been there for 3 months! get a grip! Act like adults :) There are a ton of us out here who struggle everyday, we don't have a 24 hour gym, don't have personal food shoppers and trainners focused on us every day nor is taking care of ourselves and WO 8 hours a day even possible. All I have to say is take ownership and if you act like childern expect to be scolded like children.

I like the people better this season, as I said I try to keep in mind that we only see a snipet. I Think Tara rockes, she is committed to losing weight for herself and I think she does a fine job of motivating others. I think Mike rockes too, they keep putting the world on his shoulders and I think he will be the season hottie at the end :) in a motherly way , I see ron and a protective parent who is doing everything to keep his son in the game, and I like Kristen, mostly because she is not a self loather. I think she loves herself any size and will love herself at the end of this and I love her positive attitude.
-L

mom2cass&em
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
OK I finally saw this episode...

I think that they both had reasons to "lose it"

Jillian was spot on. I mean come on..you have to stick to your program even if you get 24 hours of luxery...Take a bubble bath and get a pedicure! Did they really think she would not kick their butt when she found out???DUH!

Felipe- Ok you cannot just ignore someone on your team...PERIOD! You are a professional trainer and you need to act like it. Yes he could have said it in a better way.

MindiV
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Ok, seriously? Kristin!? Voted off her own MOTHER as opposed to Ron, who's like dead weight on the team. I don't care if my OWN mother was on the show with me, and wanted to go. If I had another choice, there's not a chance I'd vote her off. Not for money. Not for anything. Period. And during her speech she was talking about how hard a decision it was to choose between HER OWN MOTHER and the other female left on the team (Mandi's sister...totally forgot her name). Ron wasn't even an option!! Liked her before that. Not so sure anymore. I used to feel bad and root for the blue team....now I just think they're bringing it on themselves.

And I was seriously disappointed with the way they handled the week at home. I wish they would've just let them LIVE there....document what they did, but not throw in that half marathon challenge. Let it be up to THEM to work out and stay on target. I would've liked to see them portray what it's really like to be at home without the contests and cookie challenge.

Does anyone else think that Tara and Sione were the only two to finish the 13.1 miles?

Kimphin
03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Kristen could not choose Ron because he was the "biggest loser" for the week and could not be voted out. I was suprised that she voted for her mom, though. Even if she knew that Ron and Aubrey were going to, I'd have thought she would put someone else's name down.

Based on Tara's reaction, I don't think she water loaded this week! She was in breakdown mode. Did you guys see Filipe bunching his fists behind Jillian when Jillian was telling Tara "I'm the trainer, I'm good at this, listen to me!"?

I was suprised that everyone (except Ron) fininshed the 13 miles so closely to the times that Sione and Tara had. And, why in the world did they have the sisters run outside at the end and run through the snow to the finish line? I thought Aubrey was going to go down!

willow650
03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I think everyone finished the half marathon, except Ron but even he did something. Ron wasn't an option to ote for because he had immunity and Kristin only followed her mothers wishes, nothing wrong with that at all. She was going either way. I hope that when and if the Black team loses a weigh in, that they can vote off at least 1 of the 2 traitors, they are being over dramatic drama queens and and if I was Jillian, I would have to go to a real immature point not have held their shirts for them. I really hope Tara finds some middle ground and she is going to break. Jillian was completely correct in telling tara she needs to listen to her.

Did anyone else cry when Ron and Mike went home? With the reaction to the other son? i did

Bobbolink
03-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Based on Tara's reaction, I don't think she water loaded this week! She was in breakdown mode. Tara has been on a plateau for the last two weeks plus she is building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. By next week, she should have a good weight loss. When I was at the end of my weight loss, I would stay on a plateau for 11 days at a time. Then I'd drop a couple of pounds, go right back on a plateau for 11 days. I documented this on my weight graph so I know how frustrating this is. Tara still has a lot of weight to lose, she needs to shake up her routine. Jillian is right about Tara's determination and over-exercising, I wish she'd listen to her. Maybe after the last two disasterous weigh-ins, she will.

MindiV
03-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Oh, I didn't realize about the immunity for Ron...my husband drives me NUTS by fast forwarding through anything on the show involving emotion, so I miss a lot....

saef
03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
I can't stop thinking about Jillian's interview last night when she talked about Tara's stalled weight loss. I wish I could question her further or hear her elaborate on what she said. Some of her phrasing was interesting. She said that Tara was "overtraining" and "overthinking," and that she has become "almost manic" in her determination to exercise.

For me, personally, this brought about a moment of self-recognition. The last time I successfully lost weight, I ended up regaining partly because I burned out on exercise. My impulse was to take another class, add to my routine, increase reps, go longer. Finally, I created a routine that was simply unsustainable because its rigidity & the amount of time it took interfered with other interests & activities going on in my life. It would have curtailed my growth socially & intellectually, though I might have ended up a fine physical specimen. I ended up jettisoning the whole thing. (I wish I had kept up with a scaled-back version, which would have limited the regain, but there's that all-or-nothing thinking for you.) I ended up with bulimia, and my purging method was overexercising, rather than vomiting. I was always assigning myself more workout time to compensate for bingeing.

This also made me worry about Tara. Is she nearly in the grip of some sort of compulsion or disorder? I want to see her do well. Her determination, her will & her heart have really moved me.

Helen eating a cookie against Tara confirms my prejudice against that sneaky bleached blonde. That Helen is bad news.

When the weigh-in ended, I thought Aubrey was a goner for sure. I thought the triumvirate of Ron, Kathy and Kristin would all huddle together. I never anticipated Kathy would step forward and offer herself instead. I misjudged her.

saef
03-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I also want to add that I think this was my favorite episode of The Biggest Loser this season.

So much to think about ... the family members at home, so many of them also obese. Aubrey's moment with her father. That's something else that I can't shake this morning: Aubrey pleading with her father.

ladywinter
03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Personally I hope Mike wins it all. He has had to put up with his father and with a lot of pressure. He has a good heart and the best attitude in my opinion.

I dont like that Tara was willing to throw her supposed friend Laura under the bus. Tara did not seem very encouraging to laura unless you count encouraging laura to think she is dead weight. With friends like that I dont need enemies. I dont like Helen. I think she is very manipulative as well as Kristin.

Mike seems to be there to lose weight while still managing to keep a good head on his shoulders. I hope that doesnt change.

sportmom
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Did anyone else cry when Ron and Mike went home? With the reaction to the other son? i did

YES! I did get misty. It was so upsetting to see how left out or "bad" other brother felt when he saw the transformation. But good for him, I think he wants it for himself now too. Would have been interesting to know why the 2 brothers didn't go on the show instead of Ron, who is so injured. THey would have made a great combo.

When I was at the end of my weight loss, I would stay on a plateau for 11 days at a time. Then I'd drop a couple of pounds, go right back on a plateau for 11 days. I documented this on my weight graph so I know how frustrating this is.

Do you have this graph posted anywhere? I'm always interested in seeing what other people have lived thru while I go thru my own struggles. :) Thanks!

Did anyone else think it was hugely unfair that some people got to run on an inside, cushioned track, while some people were out on the blacktop? It does make a huge difference in your stamina and with Sione's muscle pull, I bet he might not have gotten that indoors. It just didn't seem like an even playing field - I think they should have found indoor/cushioned surfaces for Sione/F and Laura too. I don't know how hot it was in the desert with S/F, but for Laura, even in Miami in December it could have been warmer than a perfect 72 plus humid. Running indoors for some and outdoors for other - not fair, imo.

mygritsconfessions
03-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I understand that Ron got immunity, but he has controlled what is going on in that team from day one. He decides who should go home each week - especially last week. Yes, he lost alot this week, but up to that point, he hasn't carried or helped the team at all. I know he needs to be there, but so do many others.

I thought what Helen did was really uncalled for and just cruel to Tara. Tara works her butt off and deserved that money, more than the 'whinny baby.'

Just my two cents.......was a good show and I do think all finished the race except Ron. I don't think they ran the whole race though - many probably ran and walked.

Lori Bell
03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
Yea Willow, I was crying like a baby when Mike went home and his brother broke down. Maybe this will motivate him...hopefully!

I can totally understand why Kristin voted against her mother. She knew the other two were, so her mom was going to go regardless, if she would have voted differently, there could be potential back-lash. Kristin is getting better at playing the game.

I really hope Mike or Kristin win. I know everyone likes Tara and she seems to be a favorite, but she has not always been fat...ya know? She was a (plus size)model, she was "normal" for a long time. You have to wonder "WHY" she got so big. Sometimes I think she gained all her weight just to be on the show. Not only for the money, but to rejuvenate her career. She has lost a lot of weight, and I thought it was odd that last night she didn't seem happy to at least make it into "Onederland". Most of us would be jumping for joy for that milestone, but it was a non issue for her...weird.

saef
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Someone told me that Tara was a "plus size" model, Lori, so maybe she has been fat for a long time.

canadianwoman
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I can totally understand why Kristin voted against her mother. She knew the other two were, so her mom was going to go regardless, if she would have voted differently, there could be potential back-lash. Kristin is getting better at playing the game.

Not in my opinion. Kristen and her mom (who I both love) could have forced a tie. They could have both voted for Aubrey and since Aubrey and Ron voted for Cathy the black team would have then had to come in and break the tie.
At least that way Cathy would have had a shot of staying another week.
If I had of been Kristen I would have pulled my mom away and talked to her privately before the vote since I don't like the way Ron seems to be controlling the blue team.

I was happy he lost 10 pounds whiole at home but it was too bad he had immunity this week. He needs to go home now and help his other son. Mike can do fine at the ranch without him.

And don't get me started on Aubrey eating two cookies and not coming clean with that. Grrrr. Have they NOT learned *anything* being at the ranch?

Catsgetnhealthy
03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I think everyone finished the half marathon, except Ron but even he did something. Ron wasn't an option to ote for because he had immunity and Kristin only followed her mothers wishes, nothing wrong with that at all. She was going either way. I hope that when and if the Black team loses a weigh in, that they can vote off at least 1 of the 2 traitors, they are being over dramatic drama queens and and if I was Jillian, I would have to go to a real immature point not have held their shirts for them. I really hope Tara finds some middle ground and she is going to break. Jillian was completely correct in telling tara she needs to listen to her.

I did too. Maybe seeing his brother and dad will motivate him more to do what they're doing.
About Tara, I think she's stalling weight wise now because she's lost such big numbers from the beginning. It was bound to happen. And Tara does need to listen to Jillian. I also thought the same about Jillian when Philippe and his cousin handed her their shirts to go weigh in, that she should have turned around and gave them to Bob. lol
I knew when Blue team lost that it would be the mom going home. That she'd insist on it.

sportmom
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah, the shirts thing reminded me of the biggest slam. When Felipe got off the scale and went to Bob for the hug, virtually leaving Jillian there standing with open arms. That was bad.

Catsgetnhealthy
03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
And don't get me started on Aubrey eating two cookies and not coming clean with that. Grrrr. Have they NOT learned *anything* being at the ranch?

I was wondering why they only added 5 minutes instead of 15. I thought I'd missed something cause I got busy with my kids. So she just didn't fess up about it? Wow.

MindiV
03-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I was confused by the way they DID the whole time thing...maybe the husband fast forwarded through something, but did they even mention anyone else's times? I thought maybe Aubrey ate a cookie for someone else, so they didn't make her fess up to it...

Bobbolink
03-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Sportmom...I made the graph on my computer and it works great. I can get 3.5 weeks across the top, I weigh in daily. Down the side I post my weight, heaviest at the top and I post my declining weight in 1/2 pound increments. As I lose, my connecting line goes down. It's very inspiring.
Do you have this graph posted anywhere? I'm always interested in seeing what other people have lived thru while I go thru my own struggles. :) Thanks!

If the blue team is to survive, they need to really consentrate on losing weight so they can win and vote off Ron.
I was wondering about Aubrey eating the cookie too. Maybe she named another person to add 5 minutes to and not Tara. Did she actually say this is for Tara?

willow650
03-18-2009, 12:37 PM
yep, I to, don't get the cookie thing unless they could only use it against their own team memeber?? Which sounds very weird

ennay
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Did anyone else think it was hugely unfair that some people got to run on an inside, cushioned track, while some people were out on the blacktop? It does make a huge difference in your stamina and with Sione's muscle pull, I bet he might not have gotten that indoors. It just didn't seem like an even playing field - I think they should have found indoor/cushioned surfaces for Sione/F and Laura too. I don't know how hot it was in the desert with S/F, but for Laura, even in Miami in December it could have been warmer than a perfect 72 plus humid. Running indoors for some and outdoors for other - not fair, imo.

Just my 2 cents...I would run outside any day of the week over running a half marathon on a 0.1 mile indoor track which is what Tara was doing. OMG, boring monotony. And it might not have been that cushioned. Also, outside, although it seems unfair that Sione may have had some slight hills now and then, slightly undulating terrain is acutally easier on your body than pancake flat, not to mention how hard it is to keep turning as small of a loop as Tara was...really unbalanced work for your legs. I think Tara and Sione's times were pretty impressive.

As for the times... I dont think anyone was really all that close...wasnt the next time ~ 2:45 - and then Kristin was almost 4 hours.

My guess is Aubrey didnt really eat the cookie. They've done that before - showed them taking a bite but then they spit it out and dont eat it...they did that on the earlier temptation. If she had eaten it, TBL wouldnt have let her just not fess up, it was right there on camera.

I think Kristen voted for her mom instead of Aubrey was smart. If she had voted for Aubrey and her mom did as well (mom cant exactly vote for herself probably) then in a tie her mom would STILL have gone home and then the alliance with the team is in jeopardy. This way she "saved" Aubrey.

did you notice when they first walked in the gym back on campus Laura was wearing a boot, but then when they were saying who won, she wasnt. I wonder if she is injured...shin splints from doing all her running on a treadmill and then suddenly running 13.

me4life
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
i think the runs depended on where they were at and whatever track was available and they made it look like they ate the cookies but only actually showed the one eating them..the others were doing some big talk but didn't follow thru.

also is it me i know the cousins and jillian had it out last week but when tara weighed she is like your working to much but when the cousin had a low loss she put him down big time for it.

trekkiegirl
03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Did anyone else think it was hugely unfair that some people got to run on an inside, cushioned track, while some people were out on the blacktop?
Someone who ran with Tara posted on the NBC board that the contestants were given the choice of whether to run indoors or out.

I understand that Ron got immunity, but he has controlled what is going on in that team from day one. He decides who should go home each week - especially last week.

I haven't cared for Ron's declarations of who should go home but I don't think he was/is controlling the others. I think the trio, as both purple ladies said, have had an alliance from being Bob's original team and they were watching each other's backs. I think Ron was just stating what the others wanted anyway; I just didn't like the way he came across with it. Also, Kristen has been answering questions on the NBC board and she said that they kept in mind when they go to singles. She could have either kept the stronger players to win challenges but then they could have had their own alliance and voted her or her mom off...or they could lose challenges as they have done, but stay on longer and increase the chance of making it to the finale.

Anyway, it won't matter starting next week. In the previews, they are back in their original colors so it'll be singles. It'll be back to the yellow line again.

Would have been interesting to know why the 2 brothers didn't go on the show instead of Ron, who is so injured. THey would have made a great combo.

You have to be at least 18 to be on the show. Max is only 16.

One thing that I also wondered about. I'm wondering who is coming up with the idea of showing the contestants at home in situations of the most temptation, just making things harder...the contestants, their families, or the producers? Helen in the Polish bakery--why go there? Ron & family at the pizzeria--why go there? In the bonus video, Tara's family had trays of Italian food at home....Tara was like why are you doing this to me? When Mandi got eliminated last week, she had a little scene with her son where he rejected the "fat food" (a few cheez doodles, maybe?)--what were they doing there in the first place? Either you have 'em in the house for somebody to eat or you don't have them at all...but don't make a contrived scene over it.

I was really uncomfortable watching the scene between Aubrey and her father. I think she meant well but to me it came across as badgering on national tv and I thought it was rather unfair for her and TBL to put her dad on the spot like that. She didn't have to hammer away at him like that in front of the camera.

4me4mygirls
03-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Someone told me that Tara was a "plus size" model, Lori, so maybe she has been fat for a long time.

Most "plus size" models are a size 12. Any size above an 8 is labeled "plus" in the fashion world. I don't consider that fat.

ennay
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Most "plus size" models are a size 12. Any size above an 8 is labeled "plus" in the fashion world. I don't consider that fat.

Yeah, she probably has to lose at least 40 MORE lbs to be eligible to model plus size again.

MariaMaria
03-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I would run outside any day of the week over running a half marathon on a 0.1 mile indoor track which is what Tara was doing.

My knee hurts even just reading that. 13.1 on a .1 mile track? That's cruel.

Thin4Good
03-18-2009, 11:14 PM
When I saw them running around on that little track I just thought "That would drive me insane!!" Even running 3-4 miles on a standard track is pretty monotonous. - yay for Garmin Forerunners! :P

I also felt like it was wrong of her to badger him. I *try* not to be the person walking around preaching the gospel of weight loss to everyone. I know that I knew for a long time that I needed to lose weight but I just wasn't in that place yet. I know I would not have listened to anyone who decided that it was time for me to stop being fat but it definitely would have hurt me to hear- I'd probably have had to stop for ice cream to feel better.

sxulcmnky
03-19-2009, 08:31 AM
When I saw them running around on that little track I just thought "That would drive me insane!!" Even running 3-4 miles on a standard track is pretty monotonous. - yay for Garmin Forerunners! :P

I also felt like it was wrong of her to badger him. I *try* not to be the person walking around preaching the gospel of weight loss to everyone. I know that I knew for a long time that I needed to lose weight but I just wasn't in that place yet. I know I would not have listened to anyone who decided that it was time for me to stop being fat but it definitely would have hurt me to hear- I'd probably have had to stop for ice cream to feel better.

annnnnnnnnnnd now i want ice cream :( banana ice cream at that

sportmom
03-19-2009, 06:36 PM
i think aubrey did eat at least 1 cookie, but even if she put it on tara, it didn't matter much once tara had already lost to sione. it only would have mattered if anyone ate against sione that they needed to speak up. No point it belaboring the point that tara had lost. they probably left it on the cutting room floor.

ennay
03-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I have to say I am glad they are going back to individuals next week.

I couldnt help but think when watching the weigh in. "Oh Jillian isnt good enough to train you but she is good enough to hold your shirt and straighten it out and help you put it back on you big babies"

lovelandtx
03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I agree. Philipe totally threw a temper tantrum, worse than my 2 and 3-1/2 year olds! I'm sure they had it out off camera too...

trekkiegirl
03-23-2009, 08:28 PM
i think aubrey did eat at least 1 cookie, but even if she put it on tara, it didn't matter much once tara had already lost to sione. it only would have mattered if anyone ate against sione that they needed to speak up. No point it belaboring the point that tara had lost. they probably left it on the cutting room floor.

You know, at first I was thinking Aubrey faked eating cookies. But now I think she ate them, but ate them for Helen. She said she thought others were eating cookies and she considered Helen a potential winner along with Sione and Tara. I'm guessing she probably thought other people would eat for Tara and Sione so she focused on Helen.

Mike added me as a friend on Facebook. :) I sent him a message that he was doing a great job and I hope he's one of the finalists. He's also got a good shot of beating Roger's 144-lb on-campus weight loss if he manages to not get eliminated. He and my fellow NYer Tara are definitely my faves. I'm hoping Filipe and Helen get eliminated next. I dunno if Ron is gonna manage to pull another high loss again but I'm guessing whoever he may fall below the yellow line with will leave before he does...unless it's Mike, in which case, Ron will sacrifice himself.

That reminds me...Cathy giving it up last week kind of baffled me. She did it on the supposition of there being a tie vote on her team. But why would she think that if all along they've been saying Cathy, Kristen and Ron had an alliance? If Cathy hadn't sacrificed, she and Kristen would have voted off Aubrey. Aubrey would have picked one of them, let's say Kristen. Was Cathy thinking Ron would vote off Kristen, too? Weird.

BTW, did you notice in the previews for this week that the cousins are standing behind Bob at the weigh-in?

sportmom
03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I think Kathy just gave herself up. She said during the discussion that Aubrey was like a daughter to her as much as her own daughter was, and that she could not vote her off. She said she would rather go home than send one of her 'daughterS' home.

lixximajig
03-24-2009, 11:16 AM
*jumps in the thread*

I've started watching this, as and when I can, 'cause I'm not from the US. I try to keep up with the latest episode...

Man, I really would like to see Ron go. He's been getting on my nerves ever since the beginning of the season. Somehow, he gives this 'high and mighty' and 'my word is law' vibe.

I'm rooting for Mike and Tara. :D

Lori Bell
03-24-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling Kristin is going home either this week or next. Did you guys notice at the end of last weeks show when they were showing Kathy's, "What she looks like today" clip. The wording at the bottom of the screen was strange. It didn't say Kathy plans on losing x amount of weight before the finale, it said "They plan on losing x amount by the finale. Another one said "They" something or another. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I don't remember the other contestants wording like that. Just made me think Kristin will be gone soon.

me4life
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
yeah i think they were talking about her other daughters that it showed her working out with

Clydegirl
03-25-2009, 12:55 AM
I felt so bad for Tara tonight when they were all laughing putting all that weight on her scale. Especially Filipe.

Good for her coming back and winning that challenge. You go girl.

trekkiegirl
03-25-2009, 01:05 AM
Okay....was anyone besides me ROFLing when Tara said Aubrey was a loudmouth and she needed to shut the you-know-what up? That is what's bugged me about Aubrey ever since she came back (well, besides the whining and crying!) She spent a month off the ranch in which she lost 2 pounds. She's been a lowballer more often than not. Yet she has a tendency to take on a condescending, lecturing tone with people. I thought Tara had every right to feel badly. Yeah, it's a compliment everybody thinks she's a tough competitor but she knows the score--she knows the first chance they get, they will vote her off.

You know, I'm not sure what's more annoying...the outright nastiness of last season...or the nastiness of this season couched in platitudes, jokes, taunts and laughter. Helen eating a cookie against Tara while almost calling her the "b" word. Ron punishing Helen for staying with Jillian. Saying all this stuff at the eliminations about who needs to be there more, who can do better at home, when the bottom line is, these people are either voting along the lines of who they first bonded with or who they think is the bigger threat....and for somebody like Kristin, coincidentally, all her best friends are Bob's original team and all her threats are Jillian's original team. Honestly, I'm hoping Bob's team continues to self-destruct.

Okay, if I was eating Cheerios when that Cheerios commercial came on about how the "Tongan cousins have never lost their enthusiasm", I would be wiping Cheerios and saliva off my keyboard right now. :barf:

Helen's pretend emotions while choosing her trainer. Please. This woman wants to win. That's why she went with Jillian.

So...we're done with the bare manboobs and sports bras now. :carrot:

Tara amazed me with the challenge. I mean, I knew she was tough but to see her pull a 2 ton car past 2 young guys. She rocks!

You know what's kind of funny with this group? Guys you would expect to win or do better at challenges (like Filipe and Mike) get beaten by women. I mean, mommas Helen and Cathy even finished the half-marathon ahead of them. Tara and Sione seem pretty evenly matched but Filipe is nowhere near them.

BTW, what was the big deal over Aubrey's appearance at her return? They just saw her a couple of weeks earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the returning players, especially Dan. :)

LookingForMeAgain
03-25-2009, 01:23 AM
That reminds me...Cathy giving it up last week kind of baffled me. She did it on the supposition of there being a tie vote on her team. But why would she think that if all along they've been saying Cathy, Kristen and Ron had an alliance? If Cathy hadn't sacrificed, she and Kristen would have voted off Aubrey. Aubrey would have picked one of them, let's say Kristen. Was Cathy thinking Ron would vote off Kristen, too? Weird.

BTW, did you notice in the previews for this week that the cousins are standing behind Bob at the weigh-in?

That was the week that Laura got to sit in on their weigh in and have an extra vote. Had she made it tie the other team wouldve stepped in and probably got rid of Kristin since she is a bigger threat.
I dont know maybe she didnt trust Ron 100%

dini22
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Okay....I like Tara too, but the drama last night was disappointing. And she needs to realize that while yes, she is amazing, she is not the only competitor at the ranch. (If I hear her say "there's a target on my back" once more...) She complained about Ali pointing out that she is "in the lead," but it seems to me that she herself makes that point on a regular basis. If I were her, I'd mellow out and try to put the focus on some of the "dark horses" who are a threat to her.

FLY
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie.
I just wanted to pop in & say that I LOVE BIGGEST LOSER.
I was so happy to find a discussion thread. I use to watch while eating pizza or something else bad for me and tell myself I was 'gonna start tomorrow'. Last night I watched while I was on my exercise bike. Times are changing. I wasn't too upset with Aubrey went home last night, but I would have been happier to see Rhon go home. I'm not sure how Rhon keeps managing to squeek through. As annoying as Tara can be, I was rooting for her to win last night after they all dumped on her.

FLY:df:

Thin4Good
03-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Okay....was anyone besides me ROFLing when Tara said Aubrey was a loudmouth and she needed to shut the you-know-what up? That is what's bugged me about Aubrey ever since she came back (well, besides the whining and crying!) She spent a month off the ranch in which she lost 2 pounds. She's been a lowballer more often than not. Yet she has a tendency to take on a condescending, lecturing tone with people. I thought Tara had every right to feel badly. Yeah, it's a compliment everybody thinks she's a tough competitor but she knows the score--she knows the first chance they get, they will vote her off.

You know, I'm not sure what's more annoying...the outright nastiness of last season...or the nastiness of this season couched in platitudes, jokes, taunts and laughter. Helen eating a cookie against Tara while almost calling her the "b" word. Ron punishing Helen for staying with Jillian. Saying all this stuff at the eliminations about who needs to be there more, who can do better at home, when the bottom line is, these people are either voting along the lines of who they first bonded with or who they think is the bigger threat....and for somebody like Kristin, coincidentally, all her best friends are Bob's original team and all her threats are Jillian's original team. Honestly, I'm hoping Bob's team continues to self-destruct.

Okay, if I was eating Cheerios when that Cheerios commercial came on about how the "Tongan cousins have never lost their enthusiasm", I would be wiping Cheerios and saliva off my keyboard right now. :barf:

Helen's pretend emotions while choosing her trainer. Please. This woman wants to win. That's why she went with Jillian.

So...we're done with the bare manboobs and sports bras now. :carrot:

Tara amazed me with the challenge. I mean, I knew she was tough but to see her pull a 2 ton car past 2 young guys. She rocks!

You know what's kind of funny with this group? Guys you would expect to win or do better at challenges (like Filipe and Mike) get beaten by women. I mean, mommas Helen and Cathy even finished the half-marathon ahead of them. Tara and Sione seem pretty evenly matched but Filipe is nowhere near them.

BTW, what was the big deal over Aubrey's appearance at her return? They just saw her a couple of weeks earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the returning players, especially Dan. :)

I actually felt bad for Aubrey last week when I was sure she would get voted off for being the odd man out but this week she was so annoying! She whined about Tara winning the challenge, she was rolling her eyes at Tara's success. umm- Tara is working her butt off. No one is handing her anything. Then we see Aubrey complaining in the gym that it is "too hard". Seriously?? Foreshadowing maybe??

I thought it was pretty jerky of everyone to pile all the weight on the same people- especially how they laughed about it, and continued to do so after they could see how upset it was making Tara. Everything is a joke right?

I used to like Philipe but I'll be happy to see him go now. It seems like his attitude is getting worse every week. Wasn't it funny how last time it was "Jillian's fault" that he didn't do well but now that he is officially back with Bob and he had a crappy week he has no one to blame?

as for the shirts- Why in the world don't they do that the whole time??? I know at my HW (and now too) I wouldn't want to stand around in a freaking sports bra. IMO that is cruel.

I said the same thing when Aubrey went home. "Wasn't she there just two weeks ago?? How much could she have changed since then?"
I was shocked that she gained ten pounds after going home though. I'm glad she is going back in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to the eliminated players coming back too. I hope Carla gets to come back because I think she got screwed the first time.

FLY
03-25-2009, 10:35 AM
I also thought she had a bad attitude about Tara and it ticked me off when people were laughing about Tara getting dumped on.

I so wanted Kristen to reach the 100 lbs mark first though. I was jumping up & down and crying for her.

saef
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Does every reality show gathering of people revert to feeling like an American high school?

I swear, when I watched them all piling weight on Tara, it was like seeing kids in the school system condemning another kid for being "teacher's pet." The crowd all resented the overachiever & wanted to stick it to her, because she's been working so hard. I'm sure on the Tongan Twins' part, it's partly also because she's female.

I guess I'm supposed to root for the underdog, because that's how these shows are generally scripted. And that's not Tara, clearly.

But I still want Tara to win. She should NOT be holding herself back or deferring to the crowd because they're jealous of her or dimming her light because it's brighter than many others' lights. She should keep working & attain her full potential, wherever that takes her.

[I sound like I've been reading too much Ayn Rand. I'll stop now.]

dini22
03-25-2009, 11:23 AM
I also thought she had a bad attitude about Tara and it ticked me off when people were laughing about Tara getting dumped on.

I so wanted Kristen to reach the 100 lbs mark first though. I was jumping up & down and crying for her.

Me too! YAY Kristen!!!!!!:carrot:

trekkiegirl
03-25-2009, 11:58 AM
That was the week that Laura got to sit in on their weigh in and have an extra vote. Had she made it tie the other team wouldve stepped in and probably got rid of Kristin since she is a bigger threat.
I dont know maybe she didnt trust Ron 100%

No, that was the week before when Mandi sacrificed herself to save Aubrey. Laura wasn't a part of Cathy's elimination.

wanna b thin
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
I can't wait to see all the kicked off contestance come back next week. Yesterday's Detroit News paper had a picture of Carla in it, it said she has lost 115 pounds. It sounded like she is still working everyday, so she must not have gotten to stay at the ranch. Joelle has been on the news a couple of times, she hast lost weight but I don't think she has lost as much as Carla.

When Shannon was on the news for throwing flour, it said she had lost 100 pounds even though I don't think she looked like it when they showed Helen at home last week. I think it was in January that they were reporting that on the news.

There should be some great at home results. I hope they have all done well.

Mercee
03-25-2009, 12:59 PM
I can't wait to see the show next week and see the results for the at home players. Yippeel

willow650
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Did it look to anyone else that mandi had put some weight back on? i hope she hasn't. I hope the sisters can work hard together.

Lori Bell
03-25-2009, 01:16 PM
The Tara drama was too much for me last night. For goodness sake, it's a game, and her big fit about throwing the weigh-in was too much IMHO...Hasn't she ever played UNO? I play with my children who I know love me to pieces and they always dump the pick fours on me when I'm winning! I don't throw in my cards and cry "I'm gonna quit you meanies" Ugh, she's tough, and I'm thrilled she won the challenge after all, but give me a break with the drama...It made her look so childish. Oh and Phillipe, give me a break, about how he's finally going to do good now that he's back with Bob. He NEVER left Bob except for a week of playing cry baby. Helen has turned into a cut throat mean mama too.

I still wonder about Kristin going home soon, but I really hope she doesn't. I'd like to see her or Mike win it all...but I'm still confused why Kristin and Laura didn't have to pull cars?

Lori Bell
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Did it look to anyone else that mandi had put some weight back on? i hope she hasn't. I hope the sisters can work hard together.

Yea, I though she looked bigger too. She is such a beautiful girl though. I hope it was just her outfit. Those low rider-tight in the thigh jeans makes every one, (even some skinny chicks) look fat IMHO.

MindiV
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
It just KILLED me that Kristin had a chance to vote out Felipe, one of the stronger players, and even said herself that Aubrey WOULD fall below the yellow line again, while Felipe might not. And she still voted out Aubrey.

I'm torn this season....I like rooting for the actual "biggest losers" to win, but at the same time these people aren't playing the game at all. They're going with the buddy system and not thinking clearly. If I were there, I'd be working my butt off to lose weight, but also playing the game and seeing what I could do and who had to go so I could be at the end...especially if I wasn't the top loser every week.

KimL1214
03-25-2009, 03:07 PM
The Tara drama was pretty extreme last night, but I have to say that I do feel for her. It seems like itís only a game when they can bring other people down or give them an extra hurdle to get over, but when it comes down to voting, they all go by who they like more. I was really cheering for Tara to win immunity last night and have to say that I had a huge smile on my face when she won! I have to admit that I did want Kristin to hit the 100 lbs. first though as Tara has had accomplishment after accomplishment and I feel like Kristin really needed it. Iím glad Aubrey went home. I think it was pretty obvious that she wasnít going to make it to the final four. Iím hoping that Ron goes next and then Filipe, although Iíd kind of like to see Filipe go before Ron just because his attitude pisses me off so bad. Iím super excited to see the sent-home contestants!!!

vixjean
03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
ok, so why did a few people not participate in the pull the car challenge. They are leaving out some lose ends lately.

StraitLover
03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
ok, so why did a few people not participate in the pull the car challenge. They are leaving out some lose ends lately.

Either last week or the week before, I read somethign about Kristin having a back injury; she didn't participate in a challenge at that time, too. Maybe it has not healed enough yet for her to be able to put all that weight on it.

On another board I visit, someone said that on Jillian's radio show, she said that one of the girls had a stress fracture in her leg, and they noticed that last week Laura had a boot on her foot in one scene, so I assume that she is who Jillian is talking about and therefore couldn't participate.

zinkemomx2
03-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I said the same thing when Aubrey went home. "Wasn't she there just two weeks ago?? How much could she have changed since then?"
I was shocked that she gained ten pounds after going home though. I'm glad she is going back in the right direction.

I'm looking forward to the eliminated players coming back too. I hope Carla gets to come back because I think she got screwed the first time.

I thought the same thing about Aubrey going home. Even if it was a long week she couldn't have changed that much. :dizzy:

I would love to see Carla or Dan come back. Has anyone heard about how he is doing at home?

CruiseCAT
03-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Just got done watching and have to wonder if last night was filmed on January 12/13; did anyone else think Allison looked to be in labor? Also, Aubry said she had 60 lbs to lose in the next 15 weeks before the finale. That would make the timing right. Just a thought!!!

zinkemomx2
03-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I missed so much of it last night. I need to rewatch it.

trekkiegirl
03-26-2009, 01:10 AM
More random thoughts since I rewatched the show...

I think Ali flubbed when she announced Filipe in 5th place. They finished: Tara, Mike, Sione, Filipe, Helen, Aubrey and Ron, with Kristin and Laura not participating.

Filipe's remark about having to see the sunshine in everything. :rolleyes: He griped for weeks about training with Jillian and he couldn't even bring himself to say anything to or about her when they were choosing trainers.

Bob's team is so entrenched in their "original Bob's team" mode...they kick off the stronger players when those people would have benefitted the team and now that they are individuals, they keep the bigger threat around and vote off a weaker player. I hope the players who come back were part of Jillian's original team. I would love to see Daniel come back but I wonder at his size, would he be able to keep getting a high enough percentage to stick around? Then there's Dane, who's a machine, and I think he'd choose to train with Jillian and at least have two allies in the green girls, rather than go back with folks who voted him off. Carla could be a contender, too, though she'd probably go back to Bob. Then I could picture people saying, "hey Carla, you can do this at home so we're voting you off!" :p

It bugged me when Kristin was talking about how she was taking control of her weight. At this stage, Bob is the one in charge. On the ranch, she's in a controlled environment being forced to work out and eat properly. The week she went home, she gained a pound. Filipe, on the other hand, despite Sione's dire description, lost 7 pounds at home! And, BTW, where's the blame on the trainer this week that Filipe fell below the yellow line? :devil:

It's sweet how Mike's blossomed. In the beginning, he kind of faded into the background, I think, from a combination of so many players, so many strong personalities, and the focus on Daniel and his more outgoing personality. I remember around Week 4 or so when they advertised Mike in the preview as having been taken into America's heart, I was thinking I'm not quite sure that's happened just yet, he wasn't really focused on much at that point. I think it was Daniel in America's heart but then he ("the heaviest player") was gone so they focused on the "youngest player." Part of me hopes the show allows Ron's son Max to be on when he turns 18. But a bigger part of me is hoping he loses weight before then.....otherwise, what would Ron & Mike have been doing with him all this time?

I think next week is when we'll see Ali V and/or Michelle take over for Alison.

BTW, didn't Jerry Skeabach look great?

zinkemomx2
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Ali flubbed when she announced Filipe in 5th place. I noticed that too.

Then there's Dane, who's a machine, and I think he'd choose to train with Jillian and at least have two allies in the green girls, rather than go back with folks who voted him off. I forgot about Dane and Blaine. I wonder if one of them comes back we will get mention of the marathon fiasco.

I think next week is when we'll see Ali V and/or Michelle take over for Alison. After someone mentioned Ali possibly being in labor I had to watch the show again. It does sound like she is breathing funny during the elimination.

BTW, didn't Jerry Skeabach look great? DH and I both said the same thing.

Why did the half mile they were pulling the cars look so long? My road is a half mile and it really seemed like they pulled those cars a LOT further. I know some of it is camera angles and what not but Tara made up a lot of ground and then to win by as much as she did it almost seems like Sione would have had to stop and stand there while she passed him.

wanna b thin
03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I wondered about Kristin and Laura not participating also. I did see Laura wearing a boot cast too, I think it was on one of the Bonus Sceens on the web page. If Kristin has a back injury that would explain it.

Tara's drama was a bit over the top but I can only imangine how screwed up their emotions are at this point. There body's have gone through such changes while they are spending so much time in the gym and away from there families. Remember all the crying and emotions from Mark a couple of seasons ago. I think the stress would get to many of us.

That being said I was so glad to see Tara beat all of them in the challenge, she is amazing. Although she sure isn't dropping much weight the last few weeks. She would have been below the yellow line had she not had imunity.

canadianwoman
03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
Tara's drama was a bit over the top but I can only imangine how screwed up their emotions are at this point. There body's have gone through such changes while they are spending so much time in the gym and away from there families. Remember all the crying and emotions from Mark a couple of seasons ago. I think the stress would get to many of us.

Not to mention the cameras in your face a lot of the time.

MindiV
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
My husband always complains about how emotional the contestants are, and I just tell him you have to be trying to lose weight to understand. He's never been in a situation where all he wants to DO is lose one more pound....and can't. I can't imagine working out as much as they do, and eating the way they do every single day they are there....of COURSE they're going to be emotional! Add the cash prize to that AND being away from everything they know and love...that's a recipe for tears and outbursts for sure.

wanna b thin
03-26-2009, 12:51 PM
The camera's in the face 24/7 is a good point. I'm sure they go into it thinking they can handle all of it, but it has to get to you.

trekkiegirl
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
That being said I was so glad to see Tara beat all of them in the challenge, she is amazing. Although she sure isn't dropping much weight the last few weeks. She would have been below the yellow line had she not had imunity.

I understood Tara's reaction. I mean I'm nowhere in her league athleticism-wise and drive-wise but I totally felt for her. She's trying hard to excel and she is excelling but because she is doing so well, she is a target. It's like Dane said when he got eliminated, about trying to do something positive for himself and other people cutting it short. Dane was eliminated precisely because he was a tough competitor. Tara knows full well that if she falls below the yellow line without immunity, she is gone. She doesn't have, as Jillian would say, "the numbers" there to protect her. Her and Laura's only chance, besides losing enough weight every week or winning immunity, is if the returning player(s) were part of Jillian's original team. Those green girls need some allies. I'm kinda hoping for Daniel, Dane or Blaine.

Although...I thought I read something, either for next week or the week after, that sounded like one person who wins a challenge decides who gets eliminated...I'm thinking, kinda like when Paul & Kelly won in Season 5 and they decided to eliminate Ali and Bette-Sue (cuz they couldn't touch Mark and Jay, who had immunity).

vixjean
03-27-2009, 09:53 PM
I wondered about Kristin and Laura not participating also. I did see Laura wearing a boot cast too, I think it was on one of the Bonus Sceens on the web page. If Kristin has a back injury that would explain it.

But Ron WAS healthy enough to pull the car??? That's what I don't get.

Hun.e.B
03-28-2009, 12:02 AM
Laura had a cast on her foot, I saw it when she went chasing after cry baby Tara.

ennay
03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Laura has been wearing the boot off and on since the half marathon.

I finally got to watch the episode last night. Man, everyone except the green team is just stupid. Why they are voting off Aubrey at this point is beyond me. Well not entirely, Ron and Kristen and Helen are going for the hope of alliance with the tongan boys. But I would still have taken Filipe out.

I was so rooting for Tara during the car pull. I think she needs to toughen up and take the "ganging up" more like Helen (did she not notice that 50 year old Helen was given almost as much weight?)

My petty observations - yay for shirts. And despite the fact that I really dont like Helen, I hope she sticks around for the makeover show - that woman needs to learn that bleach blonde is not making her look good.

hmmmm who do I want to come back. Based on what the "eliminated contestants" thing showed I think both Blaine and Dane were in the running (heh) I would prefer they do a straight % weight lost thing and not a contest like last season. But they wont. Drama drama.

I would hate to see a challenge win control of the vote and be able to send someone not below the yellow line home. That wasnt good when they did it to Ali (which is I think where the idea of bringing a player back was born and then it was popular so now it is a fixture). I think they rig to bring back who they want. Season 5 they wanted Ali back so they did male AND female % weight lost. Season 6 they did NOT want to bring Phil back so they did a challenge

vixjean
03-29-2009, 02:27 AM
as awesome as Ali is (and was that season) I don't think it was fair to bring her back on.

trekkiegirl
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
as awesome as Ali is (and was that season) I don't think it was fair to bring her back on.

One could also say that it wasn't fair that she and her mom were voted off by only one challenge-winning team (yellow) when they had never been below the yellow line and only because they were allies/friends with the black team, who were the desired target but won immunity.

I think it's pretty obvious that the producers make some of this stuff up as they go along with regard to challenges, voting, who gets brought back, etc., so as to "stack the deck" or turn the game in a different direction. So the idea of fair/unfair can be looked at from different viewpoints. To me, the most blatant ones have been:

Season 5
I think they wanted both Mark and Ali back, and they happened to also be the highest male and female losers at the time.
The viewers voting between Roger and Mark when Ali & Kelly said they would have voted off Roger.

Season 6
Using a challenge instead of highest percentage lost to give Ed a fighting chance to come back. I think they wanted Ed and not Phil or Amy.
Going to a single team member elimination Week 3 so that Jerry could go home and Coleen could stay.
Eliminating the 1-hour elimination decision time so that players couldn't pressure or intimidate one another.
Voting by the viewers so that, even if she went below the yellow line, Michelle would have likely been voted a spot in the final 3. (Ironically, if Ed had reached the 180 lbs goal weight that was mentioned when he was eliminated, he would have beaten Michelle, 46% to her 45.45%.) I don't think TBL "handed her" the victory but they (and Heba and Vicky) definitely facilitated it, deliberately or not.

Now....Mike and Tara...I would be surprised if at least one of them is not a finalist. I'm hoping for both and I can't help but wonder if the show is hoping to bank on one or the other as their new "face"--the athletic, challenge-winning cover-girl or the sweet, drastically physically-improved teenager who has been "winning America's heart."

L144S
03-30-2009, 02:40 PM
I heard on Jill's radio show that the contestants weigh in in the morning and have all kinds of ests done at that time and that the reveal is what we see on TV. So TPTB have time to decide how they can manipulate the vote off etc.

I can't say any of it bothers me, they do the same kinds of thing on survivor and well all reality shows. it is there money AND it keeps it interseting, there are no rule books that anyone has to follow to say anything is fair or not fair. Just my 2 cents :)

Thin4Good
03-31-2009, 10:23 PM
WTH??? Did she get carried away with the water loading or what??

trekkiegirl
04-01-2009, 12:11 AM
So Filipe lost 4 pounds again with Bob and blames himself. He would have been pitching a fit at Jillian if she was still his trainer. Please...when is the dude going home????

Bad miscalculation on Nicole's part...unless she decided to throw the weigh-in cuz she wanted to go home. Does stress alone really cause weight-gain (like 5 pounds in a week)? Cuz I'm a more relaxed type and I figure at this point, I could have lost my entire body weight several times over. :p

Interesting revelation at the start of the show about Mike and Ron having been on the fence re the Aubrey/Filipe elimination last week. They didn't show that last week. So Sione managed to talk them away from Filipe, and they get "rewarded" for their wavering by the cousins going after Ron.

These players have become way too dependent on the ranch. I have no doubt the cousins can do it at home but they are having a Bob lovefest. I would love to see Filipe go first but Sione is the bigger threat, especially at challenges. Tara admitted what's been pretty obvious for a while. She thinks she needs to be there because she's not sure she can do it in the real world. She's thrived in an environment that's been totally structured and dictated. And she said she gained over 100 pounds in just over a year? No wonder she's scared. Kristin and her fears (jealousy?) about Sione hogging Bob. The whole scenario seems more like a huge, blended family with Jillian and Bob as parents and all the kids having different jealousies, competitions and whinefests every week. And the indignation they display over one another's gameplaying (as though they themselves are not doing it) is wearing thin on me, no pun intended.

Poor Ali V. She sounded absolutely robotic. She just read off the cue cards.

I get the whole "these folks went home too soon so let's bring them back" route. But, I will admit, none of them were anybody I was hoping for.

Is it just me...the overload of Kristin commentary is annoying. Something about her delivery bugs the heck out of me.

BTW...what was the deal with Bob only working out 2 people? Where were Filipe and Nicole? I thought maybe Kristin and Sione went to the gym early; I didn't expect to see Bob there and half his group missing.

I wanted to yell at the tv about the other players feeling Ron is controlling. Hello? Who's going along with it? Ridiculous. It reminded me of the old SNL skit Billy Crystal and Chris Guest used to do, like saying "I shoved bamboo up my fingernails all the way to my knuckles and screamed like a banshee. I hate when that happens."

Oh, lol....am I the only one who says "pee-nalized" and not "peh-nalized"?

mizski
04-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Oh, lol....am I the only one who says "pee-nalized" and not "peh-nalized"?

Hmmm...I say "peh-nalized" yet I say "pee-nal" colony. I'm from Boston...we talk funny anyways. :lol:

p.s. I was hoping to see the Orange kid (Dave?) come back. The people they chose were NOT the ones I expected.

vixjean
04-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Tara is such a drama queen.
They never show enough of Laura.
Helen is on my last nerve.
Poor Nicole, hardly got a chance... weird about that gain though.
Ron is so obviously a tool for Mikey.
The cousins are pretty annoying too now.
I guess I just like Kristen and her over pronoucing everything. I like immatating these people.

mygritsconfessions
04-01-2009, 01:43 AM
Wow, I missed the show!!!!!!!!!!! Crap! Who got voted off?

trekkiegirl
04-01-2009, 01:46 AM
^^Nicole (red team) won her way back to the ranch and had immunity as a result. However, she lost immunity when her weigh-in came up +5. The voting got to 3-3 votes apiece for Nicole and Ron, and Kristin cast the deciding 4th vote to eliminate Nicole. Ron had also gained 3 pounds but he spent 3 days in the hospital and had like 9 bags of saline pumped into him. Laura also gained a pound and came very close to falling below the line.

mygritsconfessions
04-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Wow, thanks Trekkiegirl! What drama and all in one night! Ron sure seems to hang on week after week. He has been below the yellow line more than anyone I can remember since Season 1! Lucky guy!

Thanks again.

canadianwoman
04-01-2009, 01:55 AM
^^Nicole (red team) won her way back to the ranch and had immunity as a result. However, she lost immunity when her weigh-in came up +5. The voting got to 3-3 votes apiece for Nicole and Ron, and Kristin cast the deciding 4th vote to eliminate Nicole. Ron had also gained 3 pounds but he spent 3 days in the hospital and had like 9 bags of saline pumped into him. Laura also gained a pound and came very close to falling below the line.

And Mike lost 11 pounds. I was so happy for him.
He said he started running and that is what helped him lose it.

trekkiegirl
04-01-2009, 02:16 AM
Ron may drop a decent number next week...actual weight plus the 3 pounds of salt water flushed out of him.

Mike's weight loss is now 135. Roger's on-campus record is 144. The kid may just pull it off!

A lot was said tonight about alliances being gone. I agree. I think tonight was the first episode where we really saw all of the players totally out of the "old team" mindset. Ron/Mike and the cousins are dead meat to each other. Kristin didn't cast her vote to help Ron; she cast it to get rid of the threat of Nicole to herself.

And I did not for one second believe that any one person on that ranch was happy to have Nicole back.

MariaMaria
04-01-2009, 03:16 AM
A lot was said tonight about alliances being gone.

Except that no way will Ron and Mike sell each other out, ditto Sione and Filipe, ditto Laura and Tara.

ddc
04-01-2009, 09:41 AM
I think I missed the reasoning:
Why were those three (Estella, Nicole, David) the ones that got to come back??
What about everyone else at home??

Thin4Good
04-01-2009, 10:03 AM
^ The three that got the chance to come back were never really given a chance at the ranch. They had gone home in the beginning and were counting on their partners to get them back. All of their partners were eliminated before they brought back the players at home.

trekkiegirl
04-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Hmmm...I say "peh-nalized" yet I say "pee-nal" colony. I'm from Boston...we talk funny anyways. :lol:
p.s. I was hoping to see the Orange kid (Dave?) come back. The people they chose were NOT the ones I expected.

Maybe it's a regional thing? I'm from NYC and I've always heard people say "pee-nalized."

I'm thinking you meant you wanted to see Daniel? Me, too.

It is kind of ironic to re-enter somebody who lost the most weight at home...doesn't that mean they don't need the ranch? :p

sportmom
04-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Yep, ranch is unnecessary. I wasn't sure if she went nuts with water loading and that immunity, or, if she had really DEhydrated herself before her first weigh in back at the ranch, so that number was unusually low. She could have been dehydrated, and then just REhydrated, and had a bad TOM thrown in, and could have gained 2 lbs from rehydrating and 3 lbs from TOM and BOOM. Out of there.

So who do you vote for best fill-in host? I thought Michelle showed very well at the challenge - full of enthusiasm, and yet going in, I thought Ali would be a better fit for the job. I was wrong. But I couldn't believe the host came back only one week postpartum! YIKES. I guess it only takes an hour to tape the weigh in and she had a feeding break between that and the vote off. Probably had the baby backstage, but still, actors don't get maternity leave? That's crazy. I guess we only had the fill-ins for one nite. Watching Ali made me realize how lucky we are to have the normal host every week! lol

I don't know how I would have voted last nite. Nicole was def the bigger threat and needed to go (imagine how much weight she would have dropped next week!) but sending Ron home would have finally made Mike have to stand on his own. Ron will probably be there until the final 5 now is my guess. He will always be the lesser of the 2 evils from now on.

Does anyone know why they moved it to 15 weeks this time? Did they start with more contestants or is it because they keep bringing people back into the mix that we are not going down in total numbers each week?

saef
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
It's like high school all over again. I did not envy Nicole being in the position of the mid-year transfer student, and being the only black woman as well, and walking into the middle of that web. Well, she did what's safest in such situations. She scoped out everyone's feelings, saw that Tara was a pariah, and agreed to pile on with her, to show the rest of the group that she "belonged" & shared their likes & dislikes. I'm sorry Nicole is gone because I liked hearing her commentary. It was a welcome break from Kristin.

If we're fated to have Kristin as the winner of the competition, hosting future shows, I really hope that she grows out her skunk streaks and talks a little bit less. And try to reduce her use of the word "amazing," even if they cannot get rid of that flat Midwestern accent.

If Helen is going to take the prize, I'd like her to try a more age-appropriate hairdo. (Yes, the contestants' hair bothers me far too much ... but it's TV, and it's trivial, so I'm allowing myself to be trivial, too.) She has lost a lot of weight, and looks great, but I'm probably not buying any products she endorses in the future. I don't think our tastes align.

I'm wondering if it will come down to Mike, Tara and Kristin -- alternating with Sione as a possibility, though he doesn't seem to get as much interview time as the other three.

Tara isn't completely well, I think. I mean, psychologically. But neither am I, and I've got the same issues of obsessiveness, borderline eating disorder, overachieving, being willing to be disliked in social situations/sacrifice social situations as long as I attain my ends. So I just have to root for the girl. Now, if I could just make myself as physically strong as she has become. Even if she doesn't win, she'll have been a very memorable competitor.

Mercee
04-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I think Nicole has a real chance at winning the $100,00. Last night after she went home she is down to 164lbs. Go Girl.

Thin4Good
04-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Yep, ranch is unnecessary. I wasn't sure if she went nuts with water loading and that immunity, or, if she had really DEhydrated herself before her first weigh in back at the ranch, so that number was unusually low. She could have been dehydrated, and then just REhydrated, and had a bad TOM thrown in, and could have gained 2 lbs from rehydrating and 3 lbs from TOM and BOOM. Out of there.

So who do you vote for best fill-in host? I thought Michelle showed very well at the challenge - full of enthusiasm, and yet going in, I thought Ali would be a better fit for the job. I was wrong. But I couldn't believe the host came back only one week postpartum! YIKES. I guess it only takes an hour to tape the weigh in and she had a feeding break between that and the vote off. Probably had the baby backstage, but still, actors don't get maternity leave? That's crazy. I guess we only had the fill-ins for one nite. Watching Ali made me realize how lucky we are to have the normal host every week! lol

I don't know how I would have voted last nite. Nicole was def the bigger threat and needed to go (imagine how much weight she would have dropped next week!) but sending Ron home would have finally made Mike have to stand on his own. Ron will probably be there until the final 5 now is my guess. He will always be the lesser of the 2 evils from now on.

Does anyone know why they moved it to 15 weeks this time? Did they start with more contestants or is it because they keep bringing people back into the mix that we are not going down in total numbers each week?

I thought Ali sounded a lot like Allison. The difference to me was that Ali seemed to care more. - like when Daniel(?) weighed in and he was upset, she told him that it didn't have to be the end, it could be a new beginning for him. Michelle did an excellent job IMO and seemed a lot more natural than either Ali or Allison..

I was thinking about her only having one week of maternity leave too but really, it's not like she has to put in a full week. Standing up there for an hour or two total, with breaks I'm sure, isn't really that big of a deal. I think she has a pretty sweet job.

I liked Nicole. It's too bad we couldn't see more of her. If she wins the at home prize I would be happy. there are a few others I'd like to see do well too though so I'm sure I'll wind up happy either way with that one.

I like Tara. She does seem a little nuts lately, maybe overly dramatic at times, but I get her. She is working her butt off and I don't see her passing around blame when she has a bad week (or weeks, lately) like SOME people are doing.

ennay
04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I much preferred either Ali or Michelle as a host to Allison. I really detest Allison and her whole attitude - her delivery isnt great either - although a lot of it is the scriptwriters. I was kind of hoping she'd be gone the rest of the season.

And I know noone looks good 1 week post partum, but that was a hideous outfit.

Nicole...by her face I am wondering if they didnt tell her about the "lose immunity if you gain" clause. I'm guessing she was severely dehydrated at the original weigh in. I was bummed, I liked her and would have like to see her for awhile longer.

I am guessing they made the show longer because they made such a big deal at the beginning about having the "heaviest contestants ever!!!!". They dont want to risk a finale with the winner being still overweight...or heck, even normal weight (wasn't Ali like 12% bodyfat...that is super low and Mark looked like skeltor at the end of season) Not too many contestants have ever lost more than 50% and 50% of 400 lbs (Kristin) would still be way over weight.

trekkiegirl
04-02-2009, 02:04 AM
There's an audio interview with Jillian up at one of the websites. She's not sure if she's going to participate in Season 8. She and NBC are talking. It appears she has terms/changes she's asking for and, well, we'll see if NBC agrees. She's burned out and says this season has been miserable and damaging for her. Among her comments:

-The players came in jaded and with a sense of entitlement. One of them asked how to go about getting an agent.
-She hates some of them. She used the word hate several times and says it's never been that bad before.
-She bonded with 3 players and it wasn't easy. She said she started to bond with Mike and Helen after they chose to stay with her. She doesn't mention her by name but I would imagine the third "bondee" is Tara.
-She mentioned how much she loves and is close to certain past players, including Bill & Jim, Michelle, Bernie.
-She said Bob trains his people to hate her. She said he did it to his guys (formerly her guys) of Season 5 and that Season 6's contestants were vicious.
-She thinks she might have been okay with this season had the trainer switch not happened. She called it a disaster.
-Colleen will be at the finale.

The switch was definitely a low point. I was thinking about how she had said she liked everybody on her team back when it was Tara, Daniel, Mandi, Blaine and Dane (I don't remember if Jerry was still there when she said it.) I did get the feeling within the first few weeks that she especially liked Tara and Dane.

jajabee
04-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Wow, I just bawled when they got to Nicole at the dress fitting, where she says she feels like a princess... she just seems like such an amazing person, I'm so impressed. Can't wait to see her at the finale! :)

RayStar
04-02-2009, 08:39 AM
Thank you for your informative post Sportmom. I was racking my brain in trying to figure out how did Nicole gain 5 lbs. Water fillups is probably the answer. I have heard exercise builts muscle and maybe it is just a little bulkiness from the routine.
I like Helen and I want Ron to come home. He is from MI. Helen is from here also. Kristen did not shed any tears for Nicole. Usually she is one big cry baby. I thought the people voting for Nicole were the real losers. I don't want to sound mean but they all should be tired of hearing Ron's whinning. The rules should change on how the elimination is done. Felipe is too touchy with Bob. imo
Michelle did a great job hosting. Ali seemed unprepared. Alison should have been allowed to stay at home. jmo

saef
04-02-2009, 11:06 AM
There's an audio interview with Jillian up at one of the websites. She's not sure if she's going to participate in Season 8. She and NBC are talking. It appears she has terms/changes she's asking for and, well, we'll see if NBC agrees.

Yeah, I figured this because of how prominently Bob has been featured this season. Whenever his team's fortunes took a bad turn, the producers seem to have given him a break just to keep him competitive with Jillian & her team. His last, best hope seems to be Kristin, since I'm not sure that Filipe & Sione are going to make it to the end before imploding.

I suspect it's a general rule in TV that after a show helps create a star, that person has a little more power in the negotiations, and the producers will try to leverage other potential stars or elements within the show to try to keep things more even on the negotiating table.

aangel22
04-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Personally, I hope NBC will keep Jillian. She really motivates me because she is such a great trainer. She pushes you to do more than you believe you can do...which is important for me. I hope they do not bring Kim back...nothing personal. I think she was there because of how she looks...the opening of BL when she was the trainer had her coming out of the pool...it wasn't showing her working out like Bob and Jillian. It just seemed like they had her on for the wrong reasons. Jillian is there for the people that need to lose weight and she helps them tremendously!
JMO...

vixjean
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I love Jillian and Bob, and I really feel that it is their show. However, they show is SOOOOOO annoying, they almost NEVER show workouts, unless it is the last chance workout. That really bugs me. I remember them showing much more working out in the older seasons. And eating, well of course they only show that during a product placement.

MariaMaria
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Mike and Helen after they chose to stay with [Jillian]. She doesn't mention her by name but I would imagine the third "bondee" is Tara.

Interesting that the three she's closest too are by far the most successful of the current bunch at losing weight. (They're all at around 25% of their body weight lost. The rest of the bunch are at 20% or less.)

trekkiegirl
04-02-2009, 10:17 PM
However, they show is SOOOOOO annoying, they almost NEVER show workouts, unless it is the last chance workout. That really bugs me. I remember them showing much more working out in the older seasons. And eating, well of course they only show that during a product placement.

And I think this is hitting the crux of one of the things that seems to be making Jillian miserable, and what I've seen people complaining about. She mentioned in the interview understanding that it's a reality show, a game, where the producers are gonna throw in all sorts of curveballs. But between that and what appears to be more contestants coming primarily for reasons other than to lose weight, the show seems, I think, to Jillian (and to others) to be getting further away from what she wants to focus on. I think maybe the changes she wants to see in the show have more to do with the gameplay elements the producers constantly throw in.

Thin4Good
04-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Maybe she could do her own show, without all of the cheesiness, product placement, and game play. I'd rather watch a show like that.

trekkiegirl
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Interesting that the three she's closest too are by far the most successful of the current bunch at losing weight. (They're all at around 25% of their body weight lost. The rest of the bunch are at 20% or less.)

They're actually higher than that. Tara started at 294 and is down to 189. She's almost at 36%. Mike is almost at 35%. Helen is just over 33%. By contrast, Sione and Kristin are about 30%. Filipe is nearing 29%. Laura and Ron are about 25%.

sportmom
04-02-2009, 11:56 PM
I can feel Kim Lyons salivating over the outcome on this. LOL~!

Amarantha2
04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't mind Kim coming back. As an additional trainer, I think she illustrates different kinds of motivations and workout styles and she has a different body type than Jillian.

Other than that I agree with with Vixjean's post about why the show is annoying.

sportmom
04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
I have to say, tuning in each week and seeing how much Tara has slimmed since the previous week is really motivating, because I feel like I'm doing the same thing. It's as if someone let's a little air out of her face each weekend. Her whole face has changed and in the stairs challenge tonite I saw her hamstrings bulging out of her leggings.

aangel22
04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Seriously, Ron IS the godfather...he is so evil. I would not want him as my father or even a father figure.

willow650
04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
YAY the Sione is gone, woo hoo, I only wish it could have been Filipe. Of course I don't care for Helen either. She is sneaky little thing. I admire Ron, he is not trying to stay in the game to win, he is staying because he doesn't feel he can make it at home and he stays for his son. You can't blame a guy for that. I would love to see Mikey take it all but I wouldn't count on it.

MariaMaria
04-07-2009, 11:05 PM
I admire Ron, he is not trying to stay in the game to win, he is staying because he doesn't feel he can make it at home and he stays for his son. You can't blame a guy for that.

Oh, yeah?

Ron's repellent.

You're in a game and you're playing hard. Man up and admit it.

sportmom
04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Anyone catch the 'godfather-esque' music they were playing at the beginning when Ron had his say about how things went down last week? If it wasn't totally the GF theme (bc maybe they couldn't clear the rights to it) it sure was similar. Even my dh, watching it for the first time this season, said, 'who is this guy, the godfather of the show?' and I said YES! I guess the producers are listening to the blogs.

I really don't know who I would have picked the last 2 times. I totally get Sione with as much weight as he has to lose, yet Laura kept repeating that Helen could push her below the yellow line as well, which I didn't really follow. I mean, I get the math, but don't know how that could really be an equal threat.

I'm sure wardrobe keeps the guys up with smaller workout clothes and sweats, but who do you think is buying them smaller underwear and bras? lol Going thru this myself right now and just wondering who is picking out stuff for the girls. I guess there could be a PA who says 'tell me what brands you like and what size you think you are' and then she goes out and buys stuff and brings it back, but they can't wait until next week's makeover for that. See that's more of the mundane stuff that goes with losing weight that would be interesting & funny to see.

I remember in the season 1 reunion or whatever it was, there was a line where Maubry said something about, no one ever talks about how sore they were during the season. He had a hilarious way of saying, you felt like you had been run over by a truck. 5 TIMES. And then they kicked you down the stairs. He talked about how they all had to sit on the stairs and go down them in the morning the first 2 weeks. The first house was a ranch rather than a campus and 2 story and fairly elaborate. It was funny.

maryshady
04-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Seriously, Ron IS the godfather...he is so evil. I would not want him as my father or even a father figure.

Imo Ron thinks he is a father figure to everyone but I really don't think any of the other players feel that way about him anymore. I was surprised at how afraid Kristen was of the brown team. Imagine being afraid to be seen talking to certain people. He was so self righteous about people voting against him and then last night he says he doesn't care who goes home as long as it is not Mikey or him. Some "father" figure.

MindiV
04-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I didn't get to see ANY of the show! It was taken over by a telethon...grrrr....

So whining cousin #1 is gone? Yay! Now if we could get rid of the other one and Ron....

saef
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
This show is schizophrenic. On the one hand, it's all amoral & rah-rah: "Win the game! Entertainment! Great TV!" On the other hand, it's deeply sanctimonious: "Get healthy! Know thyself! Teach others to be healthy, too!"

Ron embodies that problem. Last night, his vindictiveness scared me. He said he wanted people who voted him off to die. That appalled me. In fact, I don't like Mike so much anymore, either, and I had taken quite a shine to him in recent weeks. Now I see them as a package deal & I can't separate them. If Mike wins, I'll think of that scheming father of his standing in the background smiling with pride -- a visual that I don't particularly want to carry away from the final episode with all the happiness & flying confetti.

trekkiegirl
04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought Helen was especially two-faced yesterday, telling Laura she thought of her and Tara as daughters. Is that why she was cheering on Sione in the challenge? Is that why she ate a cookie against Tara and nearly called her the b word on camera? GMAB. :nose: And, btw, Helen allowed her daughter to go home (twice) instead of herself so telling someone she thinks of her as a daughter isn't saying much.

Filipe (and Sione, to a lesser degree) is a bully. I am really sick of these players getting so indignant with one another about gameplay as if they are not doing any of it themselves! How is Filipe's putting Kristin on the spot during their walk any different than what Ron said to her about saving him? Yeah, Filipe, go ahead and "get violent" again. :mad:

Kristin had another "awakening" yesterday. :rolleyes: Methinks she's building up her video resume'.

I actually cheered 3 times during the show last night. Laura getting the golden ticket. Tara beating Sione. Sione going home.

Loved the visit from Jerry & Colleen.

I could say a thing or two about the ethnic slur in the whole Ron as Godfather stuff but I'll skip it.

aangel22
04-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Ethnic slur? The only reason I think of Ron as the godfather is because of the way he acts, it reminds me of the old movie. He will do whatever to whomever and it is okay but if somebody does something to him, watch out! I don't know what ethnicity he is and it doesn't matter. He is just not being nice, at all. Just the other week he was saying that Felipe had to go home and Sione pleaded his case to get Ron not to vote for him! Last week Felipe and Sione voted against Ron and it was just the end of the world. Ron telling ANYBODY to die is just the lowest of lows. That is one thing you should NEVER say to anybody no matter how hurt you are. My jaw just literally dropped when those words came out of his mouth. I have no respect for him or his son.
Also, I liked Sione better than Felipe. I would have rather him stay and Felipe leave.
I absolutely love Tara and Laura. I really hope one of them win.

KimL1214
04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I have to say that I am really pushing for Tara now. I feel like all the issues that she caused early on are greatly over-shadowed by the drama that has been going on over the past few weeks. I'm hoping that the final four come down to Kristin, Tara, Laura and Mike. Mike is my last choice, and I don't like the idea of his dad getting satisfaction out of it, but at the same time, look at what Mike has done. His Dad may be a scheming prick, but Mike has kept himself on the ranch by working hard and losing weight. Which, isn't that the point of the show? I can't wait for Helen, Ron and Filipe to be gone because I feel like the show will be so much better without them constantly talking about "the game." I know the others talk about "the game" too, but it just doesn't seem as evil from them, it seems like they're just trying to protect themselves so they can stay on the ranch and lose the weight. Yes, I'm rambling. Oh, I think Ron should get some kind of reprimand for wishing people to die, it's borderline on threatening and WAY TOO extreme.