Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #31  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I am still happy with the BB, I try to wear it at night, but it does need to charge I am losing and I do feel better meeting my daily goals....I seem to be losing every other week. i have mine set to a little more than a LB a week.

Just wondering how much I am going to love it in the summer on my arm. I have to experiment with it on my leg or something like that
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 198/152/150

Height: 5'8"

I've had my BB for a week now and already believe the purchase has paid off. I now can go a long time without even being conscious that it's on my arm. I love the immediate feedback - especially that comes with the digital display. I have been able to resist some food temptations this week that I usually succumb to because I didn't want to have to see those calorie counts on my BB page. I love being able to see exactly what I burned during my workouts. I'm amazed about the huge difference a workout day versus a day I don't go to the gym (I usually don't go on the weekend) makes in reaching my targets. My official weigh-in is tomorrow and it looks like it is going to be a 1-2 lb loss which is breaking though a plateau I have been on for a long time.
accountable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedImzadi View Post
LOL. Last night was my first night sleeping with the bugg and I logged 85 steps!

Did you order it from 24 hour fitness? I ordered mine on Saturday and it came yesterday. I never received a shipment notice and under my account it always said pending. You will probably get it in the next couple of days.
Yes, I ordered from 24 hour fitness. I emailed yesterday to check on the status and they emailed me the shipment notice. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Last edited by Chrissykin; 01-22-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #34  

This may sound like a horrible question...but how big is the armband with the BB? I am VERY overwieght,, nearly 400 pounds...My arms are huge and i wonder if it would fit on a person of my size?? thanks
Jayme31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 PM   #35  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

i don't know about the BB, but my sensewear came with two armbands, one larger and one smaller. they were designed to help morbidly obese folks and WLS patients, so i'm guessing they'd be fine - but you can certainly call them and ask.

cheers!
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 203/185/140

Height: 5'2"

The BB also comes w/2 arm straps. According to my box, the medium is 12" (fits an arm circumference of 9"-18") and the large is 21" (fits an arm circumference of 12"-24").
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #37  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme31 View Post
This may sound like a horrible question...but how big is the armband with the BB? I am VERY overwieght,, nearly 400 pounds...My arms are huge and i wonder if it would fit on a person of my size?? thanks
It will probably fit. It also would not be too difficult to extend it with a strip of velcro. I carry a lot of weight in my arms and it fits without any problem (my arms are 19"). The only issue I really have in terms of the size of my arms is that it is hard to get it to feel secure without it cutting into my fat.
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:01 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

The Gowear Fit (another version of the BB and Sensewear) only comes with one armband that I saw, the Medium, I think. I'm 5'9 and a little over 200lbs, and I pretty much have the strap on the largest possible setting. Sigh.
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #39  

Yesterday was my first full day with my bodybugg. It was great. It really helped being able to see exactly how many calories I consumed. I didn't hit my burned/consumed goals, but I did reach my target deficit. Once school starts back up (on Monday) I will have no trouble hitting my targets.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 220/217/140

Height: 5'7

Hi! I have had my bodybugg since christmas and I really like it. I havent lost a ton of weight yet, but I have been kind of slacking and just getting to know it. I am trying to start being more strict.

my sleeping calorie burn is only 1.1 - 1.3 sigh... but it really does motivate me to exercise and hit my calorie goals
karmakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #41  
Failure is not an option!

S/C/G: 254/205.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone
I've had my Bodybugg since the end of September and I LOVE it! It has changed the whole way I look at weight loss and it has kept me motivated and accountable every day. I have lost weight every week and although I don't exercise every day it has motivated me to get moving and reach my calorie burn goal every day. Sometimes I do wish the weight loss was a little faster but I know I'm in complete control of that now and that makes me feel great!
My calorie intake goal is: 1750
My calorie burn goal is: 2500
I set up my program for 10 pounds at a time and when I reach that goal I tweak the new program to suit my needs. My current program is set up to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I have lost 25 pounds in 18 weeks.
It is great to hear how others are going so thank you to everyone for sharing. I feel for the first time in my life that I am in complete control and I believe that I will succeed this time taking one day at a time. I LOVE the logic of it all...it has truly changed my life!

PS. I do have a very noticeable indent on my right arm so I've just it moved it to my left one to even things out a bit!
smiles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

Today is my second day. Twice today an alarm has gone off with a MSG message. I haven't eaten any MSG so I am not sure what it means.

The first time was a couple of hours after lunch I had homemade chili with beans.

The second time was later in the day and I hadn't eaten anything.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #43  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

If my display says MSG! it means I have met one of my daily goals. When it beeps at you, press the "mode" button and it should display which goal you have met.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #44  

My calories when I am sleeping are not much lower than when I am awake, and I have ever been logging steps. I'm guessing that is a good indication I am not getting a restful sleep. lol
Old 01-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #45  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Tomorrow will be 1 week with my BB.

I LOVE it! I love the display that came with it. It makes me more conscious of what I'm eating and how much I'm moving.

I bought mine online though 24 hour and you could get an additional 10% ($25) off by setting up an acct at my apex. So it was 233.00 including s/h.

It has been an eye-opening experience and I think I'll be eternally thankful that my trainer kept on me to get one. I have been VERY frustrated with my lack of weight loss for about 6 months now. He, on the other hand, was probably getting very annoyed at my constant complaints about not losing, and all along told me that I had to be living at maintenance. And now, to put it simply, I KNOW WHY!! There were not consistent deficits and so I would only lose .2 or .4 per week...and at this weight that's ridiculous! I have been basically operating at maintenance. So now that it's so easy to keep a 800-1000 calorie deficit going each day the scale is moving once again. I had lost over 50 pounds from Nov 07-present with most of it being in the first few months and then stalled.

I was a little annoyed with how slowly I burn calories and then just realized that that's how it is. I knew that the cardio machines are the gym aren't calibrated right, but 100% off is more accurate! I go for 30 min on the step mill and it will tell me 600 calories! According to my body bug I only get a tad under 300!

Does/did anyone here use a HR monitor? My HR monitor also tells me I burn more calories than the BB does.

As far as the band fitting larger arms...I carry a lot of weight in my arms and it fits fine with LOTS of room.

P.S. HI ANJULI!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote