LA Weight Loss - Slim Fast Peeps!

View Full Version : Slim Fast Peeps!

kissesmomof4
01-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I know there used to be a thread for Slim Fasters but I have not seen one in awhile. I am sure there are still some of you around here.

If your a slim faster person stop in and say hello and lets chat :hug:

alwe74
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Hello. I have never done slim fast but I am planning on starting this week. I would love to have a thread to go to for support!

kissesmomof4
01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Just so you know there are coupons in todays paper for Slim-fast products and Walmart has them on sale ;)

Kati
01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
I used to drink slimfast. If you compare it to Instant breakfasts, there is more sugar in Slimfast and more calories. But it is soooo good. LOL

kissesmomof4
01-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Slim-fast stuff does taste good. I guess thats why I am attracted to the plan. I get to have something sweet and yummy. I know that is not a good habit but it is a stepping stone.

I am having a pretty good day today. I need to go to the store for some more bars. I bought the wrong kind last time and they are not that nice. I bought the old fashioned meal bars that you are supposed to have with a glass of milk. They are TINY and I do not drink milk! I use soy milk for my shakes. I was a vegetarian for awhile and there are some animal products I still can not handle, milk is one (in cooking is ok) and hot dogs are another.

I am waiting for the newspaper coupons before I buy anything. Sadly I did not get a paper today. I am not sure why. I am going out to buy a couple for the coupons later when my husband comes home. That is if there are any left in the store!

I am wondering how you all do your plan? I get ideas from the slim-fast website for my meals. But I am not perfect with them. Like at lunch, it said to have 1/2 an english muffin but geeeeeeez I had the full muffin instead. Why bother with half? :p

meal bar and a string cheese

1 english muffin, a couple TBS spaghetti sauce, a string cheese shredded up, 2 clemetine oranges

slimfast shake with a banana, ice, and PB2

I kind of spread the food suggested out in strange ways. We will see how that works for me.

nicky_r
01-05-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm ready to get started and as I am on the road most days, Slim Fast may be a good option for me. I saw on their commercial that they also have coupons on their website, I've got to check it out.

kcontreras
01-05-2009, 02:56 PM
kissesmomof4 - Thank you SO much for starting a thread like this! I was wondering if anyone else around here was doing Slim-Fast. I saw there used to be active threads - but they've since disappeared. I would love to start seeing one active again! :)

I started my Slim Fast plan on Saturday. Why did I choose Slim-Fast? Mostly for the structure (which I need) and the convenience. I dislike having to think about what I'm going to pack for lunch, or even prepare anything. I'm more into simplicity...lol. And once I went to Slim-Fasts website and saw that it's completely different than what I thought, I figured I'd give it a shot! If anything, it will hopefully give me the boost I need to get going on this weight loss journey! :)

(FYI - I think many people have the misconception that you can only drink 2 Slim-Fasts each day and only have one sensible meal, but that's not true. If you go to their website, you will see that you can have plenty of snacks in between your Slim-fast and even at lunch you can add regular foods along with your Slim-fast bar or drink.)

I personally decided against using the Slim-Fast bars (as they're too tempting to me, I would end up snacking on them more than I should) so I thought I would try the Slim-Fast Optima canned shakes instead. (They are YUMMY and now have more protein than they used to).

So I went to Sam's Club and bought 2 of the 24 packs (one Milk Chocolate and one Dark Chocolate Royale).
1 - 24 pack of cans cost me $19.88 at Sam's Club (So I'm estimating about $40-$50 per month).

I was a little concerned at first about how I would do the plan, but I think I've figured it out thus far and I think it will work for me. Here's a sample breakdown of what my plan is for today:

Breakfast (9:00 a.m.): Slim-Fast drink
Snack (11:30 a.m.): Apple & Light & Fit Yogurt
Lunch (1:00 p.m.): Slim-Fast drink
Snack (3:30 p.m.): Navel Orange & Light & Fit Yogurt
Dinner (6:30 p.m.): Baked Chicken, small baked potato, steamed veggies
Snack: Undecided as of yet - may be veggies, may be fruit

So far this has worked for me and I have not been hungry at all today. As a matter of fact, I really feel full. The shakes definitely do what they say they do - keep you full for up to 4 hours. I'm pleased with them this far and as I said before, they taste great.

I should also mention that I've been keeping track of everything I eat on www.fitday.com - that website has been wonderful for me in the past and really keeps me accountable for what I eat. Plus I love all of the charts and graphs showing my calories/fat/carbs, etc... it's an eye opener for me and it allows me to see where I need to make changes. :)

So anyhoo... I think a Slim-Fast thread for us "slim-fasters" would be GREAT! I look forward to getting to know many of you and give and get support as well!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
- Kari :)

kissesmomof4
01-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I everyone.

Today was an ok day for me. I did great all day but I did have an extra snack and an extra homemade salisbury steak portion at dinner ;) It is an improvement.

kcontreras
01-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Goooood morning! I hope that everyone is doing well!

Yesterday was a good day for me - I stayed on plan pretty much all day. I did have a small portion of noodle salad with my dinner last night, but it was small and my calorie intake for the day had been pretty low anyway, so I don't think it made a huge difference. Amazingly after dinner and through the rest of the night, I didn't feel hungry at all! I didn't even have a snack after dinner.

This weekend I have a challenge coming up. My nieces 3rd birthday party is on Saturday and they are going to be having pizza, hot wings, birthday cake, etc... I'm trying to go prepared and I keep telling myself that I will not be eating any of it! I think I have enough will power to get through it, so we'll see how the day goes.

I will be weighing myself for the first time since starting Slim-Fast on Monday. I hope there are some results. (I'd be happy with a pound or two). Oddly enough, my pants today didn't feel so darn tight so hopefully that's a good sign - that bloated feeling is going away. :D

Anyway - I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

kgard011
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for starting this thread up! I started Slim Fast this week, and have been pretty impressed with the results so far. I haven't been super hungry at all, and have found it's easy for me to resist snacking at work. There's always some form of candy/cake/extra food lying around and I've been handling that poorly, and without exercise it's all added up.

For this past week I haven't added in the exercise yet, I wanted to get the Slim Fast part under control. I try to have a shake for breakfast, a snack of veggies or yogurt, a bar with fruit for lunch, an afternoon snack of those soup to go (anywhere from 70-200 calories, depending on your choice of soup) and a sensible meal. Honestly, I've been doing really well with it. Lost 8 lbs this week and haven't been hungry. I know I will not see those same weight loss results every week, but a nice way to jump start everything, right?

Looking forward to going through this all with you guys!

kcontreras
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Well - today is day four of being on plan. I had to sneak yesterday and weigh myself and I weighed 294 so that's a loss of 3 lbs so far. I will weigh myself tomorrow and every Friday after.

The Slim-Fast is working great for me so far. It works well with my work schedule and it's so convenient for me. I haven't been starving during the day at all. I do my shake for breakfast and a few hours later I eat my snack. Then when I start feeling hungry again I eat my lunch. Then a few hours later my snack. I thought my dinners were going to be more difficult, but they really haven't been. I've been managing just fine and making good choices. :) Thank God that I have Fit Day to help me keep track of my food! The visuals really help me realize what I've eaten.

kgard011 - welcome! I am new to the thread and Slim-Fast as well but so far, I'm loving it! :) Congrats on your success so far! You'll have those 30 lbs gone in no time! Keep up the great work!!!

milo617
01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Hello. I started the slim-fast diet on Jan 1. So far so good. I have lost about 4 pounds already. I am using the Optima shakes (French Vanilla and Chocolate Royale) and do notice that it supresses my appetite somewhat. I have also started working out during my lunch time, just treadmill time for now. Since I have been snacking and eating smaller portions my body has adjusted. Before I had to eat to the point where it would almost hurt. Now I try to eat slower and enjoy the food. I find that I get full much quicker and with less food. Could it be that my stomach and brain are resetting my "full" meter? Perhaps...

Well I am super glad to be on board with all of you and will contribute to the forum as I go along. :hug:

kgard011
01-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Hello folks, hope you guys are all having a good beginning of your weekend. I've been good, haven't had the urges to snack or overeat at all. I'm excited! Right now I'm visiting my parents in NC and usually let myself go. It's easy to drink a lot of alcohol, and snack some more, but I've been able to keep both under control. We can do this! Have a good weekend guys :)

kcontreras
01-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Good morning ladies! It's been a few days since my last post, so I thought I would check in and update!

Today will be my 6th full day ON PLAN with Slim-Fast and I'm still doing good! I have to admit though, I was REALLY nervous about this weekend. I work Monday through Friday in an office so it's easier for me to stick to plan. I have a set schedule of when I drink my SF and when I have my snacks. It makes life easier for me.

Well - I was nervous because on the weekend, it's different... I have so much free time, which in turn means more time to think about food...lol. However I've told myself that each time I come close to going off plan this weekend, I will be here on the boards - reading and writing, giving and getting support. :)

So far it's early and I just finished my SF shake...yum! I feel satisfied and not hungry. Once I start getting that hungry feeling again, I'll have a healthy snack.

Today is my nieces 3rd birthday party and they are going to be having Pizza and ice cream cake. I've already told myself that I will be skipping BOTH. I'm not a huge fan of pizza to begin with - but I LOVE ice cream cake. But I ALREADY know I'm not going to even attempt to eat it... and why???

Because I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 291.8!!! That's 5.2 lbs down already! I couldn't be any more excited! My final weigh in for the FULL week is Monday, so we'll see what that brings for a total weekly figure. Once I meet my 20 lb mini goal, I will start setting my mini goals to 10 lbs. :)

So that's about all that's going on with me today! I hope that everyone has a splended weekend!!! I'll be back later to check in!

Take care!
(((Hugs)))
Kari :)

kcontreras
01-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Welcome Milo617!!! Welcome to the boards! Congrats on the weight loss thus far!!! How wonderful!

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to be stick with Slim-Fast - but now I'm convinced that I can! We can all do this! :)

Isaiahshope
01-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone! I also have started Slimfast. I am hoping that I can stay with the program. I am also doing a product called Realage by Reliv. So far I have lost 2 lbs. My goal is 50 lbs by the end of the year. Thanks for the encouragement!

kcontreras
01-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Welcome Isaiahshope! Congrats on your 2 lb loss already! That's wonderful!!! I've never heard of Realage before - can you give me some details about it? (I could probably go google it I suppose) lol. Do you like it though?

Yesterday's birthday party went well for me. I had my Slim-Fast shake before going and I wasn't even tempted the entire time I was there. No pizza, no ice cream cake. They did have a salad - but all of the salad dressings were very high in fat and calories, so I avoided that too. I was quite proud of myself.

Yesterday evening was difficult for me because I had to go grocery shopping and the hubby went along. He knows I'm dieting and eating healthier, yet he gave me a hard time about everything. All I heard the entire time was "Why does this have to be fat free?" or "Why does this have to be light?" blah blah blah. Next time he's not going! lol. But even so, I still did okay and got things that I needed. I just wish hubby would get on the band wagon and try to get healthy with me *sighs* oh well...

Anyhoo... I hope that everyone has had a wonderful weekend so far!
Take care!

VeggieGirl84
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone :)

I have been doing the Slim-Fast program since 1/9/09 and so far so good. I stocked up on the Walmart version of the canned Optima shakes, some of the SF powder to make my own shakes, some SF snack bars, and some meal bars.

I scored on a good deal too at WM- they had bars on the close-out rack and they were only .50 each, so I stocked up on those and put back some of the ones I had picked up in the SF section.

kcontreras
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Welcome VeggieGirl84 - sounds like you're well on your way to success!

I'm only doing the SF canned shakes (1 for breakfast & 1 for lunch) and I bought mine at Sams Club. I got a case of 24 for $19.88 (so I bought 2 cases). I haven't checked out Wal-mart prices yet.

I've tried the bars in the past - but it seemed whenever I would get hungry, I would go right to one of the bars - so I knew that wasn't going to work for me. Now when I get that hungry feeling, I reach for fruits or veggies. :) Typically the shakes really keep me full throughout my work day though.

Today is exactly one week that I've been on plan and I've lost six lbs so I know it works!

Please keep me updated on your progress!!! Good luck! :)

- Kari

tleef
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Well Hello Ladies!

I can't believe I haven't been online in so long! Well I'm back on the wagon (so to speak). I used to be a daily poster on the slim-faster threads here, but then things got crazy with my wedding last year and a new job and I just stopped! I should get a kick in the butt for it as I was really doing well.

Either way I'm back and I'm ready to get healthier. I gained back about 6 lbs so I'm back around 202 lbs (I'm just going to leave my ticker until I'm back down to 196). We've decided on Jamaica for Christmas this year (and a late honeymoon) so I've definately got something to work on.

I've also committed to getting my butt back to the gym. I had such fantastic results with a personal trainer right before the wedding last June that I'm seriously contemplating getting her to help me again. I just dislike that it is SO expensive! I'm going to think on that more and I'll let you know.

I just started back on plan today but so far I'm stuffed and feeling good about doing SF again. I really enjoy the plan and have had great success with it. I can't wait to get to know you all and see how you're progressing.

Cheers,
Tamara

VeggieGirl84
01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Today was my first WI day and down 2 pounds!

This morning I had a chocolate shake- 1C light soymilk with 1/2C ice blended and then 1 level scoop of the choc. powder blended again. OMG it tastes so good- like a Frosty or something.

ETA: I printed out the coupons online too! Great deals!

bargoo
01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I am at goal but still use Slimfast in the morning for breaklfast. I sometimes blend in fruit such as banana or fresh strawberries. I always keep Slimfast on hand for the times I am running low on my low calorie foods.

4treasures
01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking here for awhile. I found older Slimfast threads, but nothing too current, so I haven't posted before. I'm so glad a thread got started again.

I started Slimfast 12/13/08. So it's been a month. It honestly doesn't feel like it. I have never stayed with a diet/eating program more than 2 days. :) So this is big for me. I lost 9 lbs. the first week. Then I started a workout program... I haven't lost more weight, but I have lost 18 inches all over my body since then. I'm not to worried about the weight at the moment as long as inches are coming off. I know I'm building muscle so... as the muscle increases, the fat burn should increase as well. I'm using the T-Tapp MORE DVD for exercise.

I almost feel like I'm doing slimfast in secret :) So many people tell me I should just eat real food and use portion control. I've tried that over and over and I am a junk food addict, so I can eat 'real food' in portion, but I over consumed soda and candy/cookies... So I'm glad ya'll are here :)

So I'm using Slimfast to learn portion control and get use to how much my body actually needs to eat. I've not felt denied or hungry during the last month and I'm eating a lot less than I was before I started.

What I loved about Slimfast was that I was immediately able to not drink soda. I have been craving it and drinking way too much. It was no big deal not drinking it after I started slimfast. I'm eating more fruits/veggies than I have in quite awhile. I think because I have my Choc Royal drink for breakfast and lunch I don't feel like I need the candy or junk because I already get my choc and I get it everyday :)

So that's my Slim Fast journey so far. I was really encouraged by GatorAmanda's post about her journey and look at it frequently here.

Looking forward to being part of this group!

Krista

Iwannab115
01-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Hello,

I have been using Slim Fast for a year and lost 30 pound with no exercise. I recently (Since September) gain 10 back but i haven't been careful with what I eat.

I love SF, it is so convenient for me. I look great and I intend to look even better. I was 163 then 134, now I'm 144 hoping for 115!

Good Luck to you all!

SarahK
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone! Gld to find a place to communicate with others. I started on the Slim Fast Program today and hope to have similar results as other posters.

RN BSN 2009
01-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm not a slim-faster per se but I do have slimfast and ensure high protein. It's really nice as an on-the-go meal replacement. It stops me from stopping at the fast food place so I guess it works in that respect!!

I'm glad everyone else has had great results

Zumba Chick
01-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hi SLIM FAST PEEPS!!
I'm going to try SF for awhile I thought I would try them I had a coupon
my concern is the sugar & carb content I'm a label reader most of the time but my husband was with me ,you know how DH can be & didn't read the labels till a got home,well I saw that there was corn syrup& other sugars in what I bought
I try to eat healthy & don't eat a lot of highly processed foods now I've spent the money so I'm going to have to use them!! I'm just don't like the idea of the bad sugars in them at least honey is natural too bad they don't use honey. I hope they work for me even if I just use them once a day!
Does any of you know of a good protein shake or bar without the HFCS that why I bought SF to up my protein sometimes I think I don't get enough
I thought about trying those FULL BARS that you eat before meals but I think they cost a lot &can't afford them right now SORRY this is sooo long
glad to hear this is working for you peeps
I like your thread name it reminds me of those marshmellow peeps sorry about the spelling
KEEP me posted
jj

VeggieGirl84
01-19-2009, 12:15 AM
Does any of you know of a good protein shake or bar without the HFCS that why I bought SF to up my protein sometimes I think I don't get enough

Hi Judy :)

I know Shaklee's Cinch program and Arbonne's Figure 8 program are kinda similar to Slim Fast and supposedly more natural. They do cost a lot more than SF though.

nicki rose98
01-19-2009, 01:25 AM
I love the slim fast stuff!!!

Bfast: slim fast shake, 1/2 bagel and cream cheese
lunch: lean cuisine
snack: yogurt and wheat thins
dinner: slim fast meal bar and 6 inch chicken breast sub
snack: 4 T dried cranberries

Bfast: slim fast shake, whole grain waffle, 1 T Promise
Snack: yogurt
Lunch: slim fast shake, chicken pita

SarahK
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Going into yesterday, I felt empowered by all the success stories. Now I feel far more unsure.
IS ANYONE ONE ELSE OUT THERE ALWAYS STARVING?! I was so hungry all day.
And in regards to what Judy brought up, how do you guys feel about sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast? I think they taste much better and seem fairly equal nutritionally, but am wondering if it is missing some secret Slim Fast ingrediant.

VeggieGirl84
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
SarahK- I have a box of the sugar free instant breakfast and compared it yesterday matter of fact and they do seem comparable.

I found putting myself on a schedule helps me not feel as hungry. I know when I first began, I would eat lunch too soon and then I would starve until dinner time.

Make sure you eat snacks though. I love applesauce cups (make sure it is not #7/BPA plastic though), bananas, the SF snack bars, and I eat my kids organic Kid Clif bars (which have about the same nutrition as a SF snack bar but all natural ingredients).

Also remember to take your time when you eat your meal bars or shakes! After a while your stomach will shrink back to normal and you won't feel hungry all the time. If your stomach is anything like mine, it is probably overstretched from over-eating all of the time.

Another thing I do if I feel a kitchen-raid coming on is make a cup of green tea sweetened with some Stevia.

Zumba Chick
01-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Can some of you give me an ex. of your day & total cal. if possible
I noticed some of you eat with your shakes I thought the shakes were suppose to replace some of your meals
thanks
JJ

VeggieGirl84
01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Can some of you give me an ex. of your day & total cal. if possible
I noticed some of you eat with your shakes I thought the shakes were suppose to replace some of your meals
thanks
JJ

I don't eat my shakes/bars with food except maybe some fruit or veggies.

You can get meal plans & recipes from SlimFast.com BTW and they give you a calorie amount too based on you goals. They give me 1300-ish cals a day.

Here is what they gave me for today:

Breakfast
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Ready To Drink Shake
Snack #1
recommended:Cream Cheese Celery Peanuts
Lunch
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Meal Bar and Raisins
Snack #2
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Snack Bar
Dinner
recommended:Black Bean Wraps
Snack #3
recommended:Whole Grain Cereal Snack

nicki rose98
01-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't eat my shakes/bars with food except maybe some fruit or veggies.

You can get meal plans & recipes from SlimFast.com BTW and they give you a calorie amount too based on you goals. They give me 1300-ish cals a day.

Here is what they gave me for today:

Breakfast
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Ready To Drink Shake
Snack #1
recommended:Cream Cheese Celery Peanuts
Lunch
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Meal Bar and Raisins
Snack #2
recommended:Slim•Fast Optima Snack Bar
Dinner
recommended:Black Bean Wraps
Snack #3
recommended:Whole Grain Cereal Snack

LOL. Straight from the Slim Fast website. I follow it religiously. It works very well. Like I said I have already lost 10 lbs. I use the meal plan recommendations all the time on SF. They have great recipes.

Zumba Chick
01-20-2009, 12:02 AM
THANKS LADIES GREAT JOB ON YOUR LOSES!!
I"m going to check out the web site!!
I know how to eat healthy. but I've never tried SF I didn't want to gain weight by eating too many or too many calories
thanks again sorry for all the questions but you guys seem to be doing well on them!!
also have you used any shakes or bars that are more organic/natural that seem to work for you?
JJ

SarahK
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
The site tells me to eat 200 of my favorite nutrionally sound foods with my shake or bar for lunch. I have been enjoying an egg fried in olive oil an a piece of whole grain toast. The combination of fiber and protien has helped keep me satisfied through that part of the day.

nicki rose98
01-20-2009, 07:12 PM
And just FYI the cost of SF at WM is 5.98 for a box of 8 or 10 if you get the one with the bonus two in them...lol

milo617
01-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I am now on the third week and things are looking good. I am still using the shakes, Chocolate Royale and the French Vanilla. I have not lost much weight, maybe about 5 lbs. My next weigh-in is tomorrow and I will know the true loss. However, I am not too worried about the weight loss right now as opposed to making sure I changed my habits. For example, I am trying to go to the gym every day now. I was planning on going only 3 times a week but the off days would make me lazy and then I would not want to go on my workout days. I have been walking / jogging on the treadmill for 3 miles and have been feeling good.

Oh by the way, it looks like I am the only male posting in this thread. I thought about leaving the forum when I saw that it was mostly women but I figured I would hang around a little longer. I am sure I can contribute to this forum my experience and keep myself and hopefully others motivated.

nicki rose98
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Milo!!! Keep with us bud! We need a man's opinion sometimes

SarahK
01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
This is definitely getting easier by the day. Yesterday went great.
Breakfast: Shake
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Shake
Snack:100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels and a cup of coffee
Dinner: Homemade chili
Snack: Carrots and hummus

I should have had another fruit or vegetable with my shake for lunch but just wasn't digging it. But let me say, those 100 calorie packs of chocolate covered pretzels are enough to satisfy without causing a binge if eaten during the day for me. Yeah!

SarahK
01-21-2009, 10:34 AM
Oh, and stick with us Milo! It looks like we are not going to have many frequent posters.

WalMart here I come!

Cee8ee
01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi, CAT here. I just joined this board and see that I have a lot to read.

I used to do Atkins, but then when I began to add carbs back into my eating plan, I regained rapidly. I did Atkins again, and lost some but more slowly than before. All in all, I have done Atkins 6 times and now it just does not work for me at all.

Now, I use SF low carb version to stay away from the sugars some. But for the most part, I am eating regular food but in smaller portions. I steer clear of high fat, and high sugar and high starch foods, so in essence, it is rather low carb. But not like Atkins.

I have added walking every day (when weather permitting) and keeping my calories down to about 1000 per day and carbs under 100 per day and at least 45 minutes of walking at about 2 mph. I have dropped from 200 to my present weight of 192.2 so far. I began on Jan 1 just like a kazillion other folks.
But I love the convenience of using SF when I need to hit the ground running and have no time to fix a meal.

Have a good day.
CAT

SarahK
01-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome CAT!
Walking is such a good start. I can't wait for the weather to break so I can go outside; my treadmill is such a bore. I have to ask, is 1000 calories a day enough? How do you get everything you need in that?

Is anyone else still out there?

Cee8ee
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Sarah, yes.. 1000 is enough for me. My cardiologist recommended I stay under 1200 to maintain a certain weight as I am taking a med that drops my metabolic rate to next to nothing. I have to have that particular med due to a 1/3 loss of heart function 9 years ago. So, I have to keep my heart rate under 100 and only go over that in a controlled environment like stress tests, etc.

I noticed that when I eat more than 1200 per day, my weight will begin to climb again.. I may eat only 800 one day and then 1200 the next, but it averages right out at 1000 per day.

I find my treadmill boring as all get out too. I really need to get me a small tv so that I can play some of those walking tour DVD's while treadmilling. Some folks can read while treadmilling, but I sure can't.. I get dizzy just trying...and I am dizzy enough naturally.. lol

giovannip811
01-24-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm starting slimfast tomorrow so I am very happy.

everafter05
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Count me in! I'm starting tomorrow. A friend of mine who lives in another state is starting tomorrow with me. She's doing some other kind of protein shake, but I'm going to do Slimfast. I'm home all day and snacking has become a problem. I'm planning to set certain times of day for my meals and snacks, and hopefully Slimfast will keep me full enough.

lizzyluvscamo
01-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Hiya. Well I have been thinking about doing slimfast for a while and I really think I'm going to start soon. I've been looking at alli because my stepmom is doing that but I'm just not sure that is the one for me. My mom does atkins. I've tried that but i dont know. Just doesn't seem very healthy to me. Well yall all seem to be doing so well thru this all! I hope I can do just as well as yall.

nicki rose98
01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
lizzy - you will do fine!!! it's actually really easy to stick to.

lizzyluvscamo
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM
lizzy - you will do fine!!! it's actually really easy to stick to.

Thanks! I'm starting today so wish me luck!!!

SarahK
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
WTG! Getting started is half the battle, right? The other half is sticking to it! LOL
I did not lose as much on my first week as I had hoped, but I got bronchitis and couldn't handle the dairy in the shakes. Lets hope for better results this week.
Anyone else that stays at home a lot: How do you keep from snacking? I have gained so much weight since I have been out of work! Do you find setting a schedule helps?

nicki rose98
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
sarah - don't know if i can help since i am a busy bee but yesterday when i was at home all day i was too busy to be hungry. LOL. usually though i find that if i get hungry and it isn't really time to eat yet i'll open a diet coke or drink a water with some crystal light in it. it kind of fakes my body out into feeling not hungry. but the key is that if you are hungry you should eat. even if it is little, like some carrots sticks or one fig newton

lizzyluvscamo
01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Anyone else that stays at home a lot: How do you keep from snacking? I have gained so much weight since I have been out of work! Do you find setting a schedule helps?

Yeah I have the same question. I don't start back at work till feb 20 so I'm like.... mentally tryin to be like *no*.. I dont know lol.. Its so hard!

SarahK
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
I really really try to assess my hunger on a five point scale, but sometimes I just can't fight that urge to stick something, anything, in my pie hole!

Good idea. Maybe I should have some cans of diet soda around. I bet that little bit of sweetness will help calm my demons. (I am burnt out on crystal light despite the yummy array of flavors.)

Cee8ee
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
When I get the hungries for something sweet... I pop a piece of "Extra" sugarfree gum in my pie hole and that really curbs the sweet tooth...

CAT

nicki rose98
01-27-2009, 01:51 PM
the gum is a good idea too. anything that keeps you chewing with a bit of sugar. it fakes ur body out

lizzyluvscamo
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
When I get the hungries for something sweet... I pop a piece of "Extra" sugarfree gum in my pie hole and that really curbs the sweet tooth...

CAT

Yeah I try that. But I have TMJ so I get bad headaches when I chew gum.. Guess I should take some ibuprofen before I chew gum lol hahaha

SarahK
01-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Does anyone else experience nausea when having shakes along? I never did with SF, but have been using a store (WM) brand for a few days and now I do.

lizzyluvscamo
01-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I've been on for two days and I seem to be fine... I try and make sure I drink a lot of water too. Hmmm... how is the store brand? *other than the nasuea* is it cheaper than brandname?

Tigerseye
01-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I'd like to jump in here too! I decided to start the slimfast shakes cause I am just not doing a good enough job trying to balance my meals. I'm also emotionally eatting BIG time (im in the midst of a divorce) and am just feeling out of control in general. I will be nice to not have to think about food as much and just grab and go, ya know? I did join a gym and go about twice a week but am ruining it with eatting junk during the week.

lizzyluvscamo
01-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Yay tigerseye! We have another in here!!

I definently agree with ease of not worrying about preparing all my meals!!! Lol

nicki rose98
01-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Welcome tiger!!!!

Sarah no nausea experienced here. It could be the off brand. It may have different ingredients or something.

SarahK
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Hmm, I think it must be the off brand. SF is cheap enough at WalMart, I can handle the extra $.15/can to buy name brand from now on. Besides, half the time they have the SF bonus packs.

I do love how easy it is. No planning and prepping. Grab a can (or bar) and piece of fruit and I am set for hours!

I have to admit I am an emotional eater and had a breakdown last night. My hubby, our son and I have all been sick for over two weeks now, I have PMS, and was depressed about my employment situation... I ate an entire pint of butter pecan icecream! I deeply regretted it afterwords, heck, I regretted it while doing it, but couldn't stop myself. So today, I am just back on track and only looking forward. Now, if I could just get myself motivated to get moving more!

lizzyluvscamo
01-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Sarah- I'm glad your back on track! I'm really trying to watch myself too... I can be an emotional eater myself!

nicki rose98
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
i can be an emotional eater too. i think it's a woman thing. lol

lizzyluvscamo
01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
i can be an emotional eater too. i think it's a woman thing. lol

Hahaha I guess so..

So how are all yall doing so far?

nicki rose98
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
doing great. pretty much stayed OP since i started. lost 12 pounds too

SarahK
01-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I have been on for about ten days and am down four pounds so far.

lizzyluvscamo
01-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Well I was portion watchin last week before I started and been on SF for about 4 days nnow. I've lost 5 pounds but.... I kind went off plan today. :[... hopefully the rest of the day will be better.

nicki rose98
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
you'll get back on track!

shelby897
01-31-2009, 10:38 AM
Good morning Slim Fasters!!! :D

I'm starting tomorrow, because I can't seem to get myself together!! I did WW last year and did great, for about three months and then fell of the wagon and let it run me over (gaining back the 30 I had lost).

I was wondering -- years ago when I did SF, it was breakfast and lunch and then a healthy dinner. Now, based on my weight (which is MUCH higher than back then), it shows I need to eat with the shakes. Do you think it is okay to just do the shakes for two meals and add snacks/dinner just for a week to try to get a jump start so I won't be so down on myself???

Thanks....

mestupscout
02-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi Peeps.
I have been back on the slimfast plan for a week. I used it years ago and did quite well. I'm using it as part of a 1200 calorie a day diet. I lost 3 lbs the first week and was wondering how everyone else is doing?

nicki rose98
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Been down every week since I started. I am able to stay OP too. Not too hungry which is great for me!! That's always the reason I have fallen off is because I would get so hungry I would binge!!!

mestupscout
02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a work dinner tonight. I have to make sure to behave myself...Hope that everyone has a healthy day!

4treasures
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Computer problems have kept me off of here... and life ;)

Just wanted to share how slimfast has been going for me. I am starting week 7 with slimfast and week 6 of consistent exercise (I do T-Tapp) I haven't been able to weigh myself for 2 weeks, but I've been measuring since I started exercising.

I know I'm down 16 lbs. Measured Sunday and am thrilled to say I've lost 43 inches all over. :carrot: I've exercised before but I've never been in control of my eating before using slimfast. I am very satisfied with using slimfast to help me control my caloric intake without going nuts trying to do it!

Sticking to an eating schedule really helps. I've not been hungry doing slimfast until yesterday... I think I need to up my eating a bit from exercise. My cell phone alarm goes off at 10:30 am and 2pm to make sure I get a snack. I like using the fiber one snack bars (oats and caramel) ymm if I feel like I'd like a treat or just need a quick no brainer snack. I think the most difficult has been drinking enough water. But I'm working on that.

Choc. royal rocks :) I get my slimfast at Sam's. Last time I got 24 cans for $20.00. It went down a couple dollars.

kids are calling -- keep up the good work -- we are worth it!

Krista

mestupscout
02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
The slimfast site has coupons. PM me for the link if you're interested. I saved $8.00 last week.

mestupscout
02-04-2009, 11:35 AM
How are you doing with 1000 calories a day? I'm doing 1200 which was always the old rule of thumb for weight loss and I'm not losing like I used to.

nicki rose98
02-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm so proud of myself. I've been OP since I started....at least eating wise. my exercising is another deal. January I was very good but lately in Feb it's like I lost my groove

mestupscout
02-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Do you believe that not drinking enough water really hurts your weight loss?

mestupscout
02-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm okay with the eating too. I just can't get the exercise going. I'm thinking about checking out my local curves.

Destiny2009
02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I am gonna go back on slim fast cuz I lost alot of weight on it. Recently, I was put on hormones medicine for my thyroid. Now, I know why the weight wasn't coming off. I'm gonna put some frozen fruits with my shake in a blender and add some whey protein. Do you have any more suggestions? I'd love to chat with you about losing weight and we can give each other support.

mestupscout
02-12-2009, 06:32 AM
I use my slimfast products as part of a 1200 calorie diet. What else do you eat? How much did you lose last time?