Exercise! - a love-hate relationship with your treadmill?

teawithsunshine
01-04-2009, 06:45 AM
How messed up is this? :)

I've been mixing my treadmill inclines & mphs for the last couple of days... and can definitely feel some (not too much that I want to amputate a leg or anything lol) muscle soreness.

I do all this & am totally engrossed in reading Jen Lancaster's book "Such a Pretty Fat" and after each time, I find myself wanting to go for another beating on the treadmill :D *Jillian, the trainer, from The Biggest Loser would be proud :p*

(FYI: I finished "Such a Pretty Fat" earlier today and eagerly bought/ordered the rest of her 2 books "Bright Lights" & "Bitter is the New Black." I'll be starting to alternate reading between "The Amazing Adventures of Diet Girl" & "The Next Big Thing.")

I think my endurance is increasing since I walked over an extra mile on errands downtown an hour or so after exercising on the treadmill, carrying bags of books and other gift items. I felt great - albeit some soreness - and thought to myself, "yeah, I could TOTALLY do this again [on the treadmill]!"

This the start of a love-hate relationship with my treadmill? :o Anyone have that experience of a good week of exercising?

LOL!

I guess I should hold my tongue until next week when I make good on my New Year's resolution to include some pilates into my workout routine.... eep!

~ tea

Mrs Snark
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Good job! Developing an exercise addiction is just about the BEST thing we can do for ourselves! So cultivate it and enjoy it!

Ilene
01-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Congrats on your «addiction» , so to speak... It's a very good thing when we see improvement in our day to day lives because of an exercise routine.

Just a question, how do you '' read '' on the treadmill? I can't read because first I can't hold the book because I need to swing my arms, and second if I wasn't holding the book I would move too much to be able to keep my eyes on a line of words, I'd be reading the same line over and over :lol: ... I do have audio books on my iPod, which I really really like, they make the time fly... Specially motivational books...