View Poll Results: How much weight did you lose after the first 4 day's?
0 0 0%
1-3 3 75.00%
4-6 1 25.00%
7+ 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #1  
Brooke

S/C/G: 200/164/145

Height: 5'6''

Default 33 & loving the "flat belly diet!"

I have lost 35 pounds during the last 3 months and then came to a stand still with 15 pounds to go. I bought the book the flat belly diet and am on my third day. I have lost 3.7 pounds in just two days and am really excited about it! I have heard a lot of complaints about people being hungry during the initial 4 day anti bloat phase, but surprisingly I have not been hungry! I'm just looking for some people to chat with about it, and decided to sign up with 3fc's. I'm really looking forward to the next phase of the diet, because the food looks awesome! Is anyone else a 30 something and on this diet? I would love to chat with you about it!
sexymommaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #2  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

I've never heard of this actually. What is the diet? Like, what are you eating/doing? It seems interesting.
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #3  
Brooke

The basic Flat Belly Diet plan is a 1,600-calorie Mediterranean-style diet with an emphasis on wholesome, unrefined foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, beans, seeds, lean protein, and very little red meat (once a month. The secret ingredient in the Flat Belly Diet that whittles away belly fat is the addition of a monounsaturated fat, or MUFA, at every meal. MUFAs are found in olives, avocados, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate, soybean, flax, and olive and sunflower oils.
MUFAs have health benefits and target belly fat. They also help to keep you feeling full. Before you actually get into the 28-day plan you go on a 1,200calorie, four-day anti-bloat jump-start period designed to reduce bloating and get dieters in the mind-set of a healthier eating plan. During the jump-start, dieters drink 2 liters of daily "sassy water," a blend of lemons, mint, ginger and cucumber. This is the part most people complain about because it is not that much food, but like I said I feel really good, not hungry at all!
The diet states that you do not have to excercise in order to lose the belly fat, but of course it's always better if you do. The plan calls for four, 400-calorie meals spaced every four hours, and each meal includes a MUFA.
I copied a sample menu so you can see what you would eat just during the first 4 days.

Sample Anti-Bloat Menu

Breakfast: 1 cup Rice Krispies, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Lunch: 3 oz chunk light tuna in water, 1 cup carrots, 1 light string cheese

Dinner: 3 oz chicken breast, 1 cup mushrooms sauteed in 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 cup brown rice

Snack: pineapple smoothie (1 cup skim milk, 4 oz. pineapple, and 1 tablespoon flaxseed)

2 liters sassy water

Sample Flat Belly Menu

Breakfast: Apple almond oatmeal

Lunch: Pesto ham and cheese sandwich on whole-grain English muffin with lettuce & tomato and 1 cup grape tomatoes

Dinner: 3 oz grilled salmon steak with 2 tablespoons almonds, 1 1/2 cup green beans

Snack: 1/4 cup hummus with 2 tablespoons pine nuts and 1 cup red pepper strips
The Flat Belly Diet: How It Works
The premise of the Flat Belly Diet is that if you trim calories to 1,600 per day, add a MUFA at every meal, eat every four hours, and get regular exercise (although this is optional) you will lose weight and belly fat.

Like I said before I just started this diet but so far I feel really good. I lost 3.7 pounds in two days and my pants are already feeling loose!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:34 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

There's a thread devoted to this here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134242
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Would someone mind sharing the sassy water recipe?
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #6  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Meh. Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck on this, but I'm no longer for anything but good old-fashioned calorie-counting and working your butt off in the gym or whatnot.
The menu doesn't seem bad, I'm just not for a lot of the "hype" that most diets solicit. Are you working out? If so, how much and how long?
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #7  
Brooke

I agree with not going on fad diets and all the hype. However I lost 35 pounds in 3 months, counting calories and excercising. Then I just came to a stand still, and stayed 164 for 1 1/2 months. So I started the flat belly diet to try and kick start the weight loss again. The flat belly diet is about counting calories they just add the mufa's at every meal to target belly fat and to keep you full. Another thing even though I was eating right and excercising I could not lose my belly all the way. There is belly fat over the muscles in your stomach and under the muscles as well. The fat under the muscles is the deadly fat because it is close to your organs, this is also the hardest fat to lose. All I know is that I am starting day 4 today of the anti bloat phase, and I'm down now 5.7 pounds! I know I have lost several inches as well because I can feel it, and my pants are way looser. I will measure tomorrow and post again. The meal I posted above is a meal from the anti bloat phase, the real program is 400 more calories a day.
Here is the recipe for sassy water-
8.5 cups water
1 med cucumber peeled and sliced
1 lemon sliced
12 mint leaves
1 t fresh ground ginger
mix in a pitcher and let the flavors mingle overnight.
Drink a glass at every meal and all day. It is really refreshing we call it spa water because it taste like the kind they make at the resort spas.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #8  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

I know this isn't my thread, but thanks to those who answered my question. :]
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

IMHO (which no one really asked for ) is that it's not a fad diet unless you make it one -- if you find a plan you can stick with for life and it is approved by your doctor (ie-healthy for you) then why not?

Good luck!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote