Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default How often do you weigh in?

Part of my past problem with staying with a woe is that I become obsessed and think about nothing else until I drive myself crazy.
I'm not sure weighing every day/week is a good idea because in the past I could tell that it really affected my mood...ie gain = bad attitude, good = well I'm doing so well! <---sometimes led to a "little cheating here and a little cheating there". I almost considering just weighing in once a month to reinforce the idea of "long term effort" to lose weight.
Opinions please..........
way2fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It's one of those things where different things suit different people, and that's just fine!

Weighing every day works for me. Knowing the fluctuations is easier for me than wondering about them. And it gives me the chance to learn how different foods, activities, stresses, sleep, and so on affect my weight. This may not be true forever. It's more frustrating as I approach maintenance than it was when I was losing faster.

Weighing weekly or monthly is perfectly valid. Some people just go crazy from weighing every day. Weighing less often can be a good thing in lots of ways.

Be strong and do what works for you! And realize that even for a given person, different things can work at different times.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

Weighing every day works for me too !
I only change my ticker if i get the same day 2 days in a row
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/140/137

Height: 5'5"

I WI once a week, that is 'hard' enough! I became too obssessed with the scale dictating how I felt. After reaching goal I knew I had to start lifting weights to gain more lean body mass so I would not be flabby AND to keep that fat burning metabolism going. and I knew the scale would creep up as I built that muscle so I don't focus so much on the # but my clothing size and how it fits. so far it (x fingers) it has worked and this is the 4th time I've lost alot of weight.
brunellobabe is offline   Reply With Quote