Support Groups - Snarky Senoritas #146

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Snarky Senoritas #146

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Snark away.

My run this morning was hard. I did not have mojo. I am now afraid of my Sunday morning run. My fridge is full of crap food my husband has purchased. I am now afraid of my kitchen.

On a happy note, I got 3 seasons of Weeds for Christmas.

Today's plan (DAY 2 of 2009!, 363 days more for success!):

Run (anything over 5 miles): 5.27 miles done!

Food:
toast with marmalade, coffee with stevia
black bean burritos, raw veggies on the side
banana with peanut butter
Kofta curry, tomatoes onions, tortilla

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I am kicking the kids off the treadmill and am going to take my turn. It has been awhile. Please pray for my safety. LOL

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
I love Weeds! I am as I told you gals switching to my AM running thing as of tomorrow morning. However sister just called and now may need me to pick her up at 11:30 this evening. She so does not get that I'm old and this is late if I'm not drinking or out myself!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Jo - Is hubby purchasing crap vegan food?

Billie - run run run

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I am dancing around my office with joy. So many conflicting emotions! Sadness at the state of my marriage, anger at the state of my husband, happiness with all the support I've been getting from you all and my RL friends, and surprise and joy at the discovery that I've been promoted!

Such a rollercoaster! Better not eat too much or I'll hurl :p

zinkemomx2
How about we start with walk, walk, walk.

Mrs Snark
Tons of potato chips, tortilla chips, guacamole and my favorite loaves of french bread. *cry*

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Jillian Michaels is sitting on my shoulder today and telling me that I will get on the treadmill. Little Rhonda is sitting on the other shoulder and whispering excuses in my ear. Little Rhonda needs to shut up! No more excuses. I must confess that I am dreading the initial hour when I feel horrible and am reminded for 60 solid minutes that I am so very out of shape and old. But, I know that this will pass. In a week or so, I will feel like I can take on the world.

One day at a time, Ladies.

Manick
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Ugh, that is the worst! While I am overcome with glee at the sweetness of my husband we now have 14 kinds of chocolate in the house! GAH!

I would be on dangerous ground with chips and the like. Chocolate I can control myself around, but it is not helpful being able to grab it so quickly. I need to just chill over the weekend, make a fondue thing with him one more time and next week start sneaking it to work with me.

Tonight is a concert with my aunt and 15 other people getting together for dinner. I am scanning the menu...and I really need a nap

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Uh-oh, Jo.

Why? Why did he do that to you? I'm sure he knows better.

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
He is going on a diet on Monday, so he is having a blowout weekend. Those are only the things that he bought that are vegan (and so edible by me), there is also cheesecake, icecream, cookies, and all sorts of other junk. He swears it will all be gone by Monday morning. He wasn't thinking about how the vegan items would be tempting to me. He thinks I can resist anything and he doesn't REALLY understand how hard it is.

Manick
01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
I worry about him eating all that crap too! And is Sunday a long run again or why the fear, Jo?

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Wow, that is quite the blow-out. Even when I think blow-out I don't think of THAT kind of blow-out. Can you encourage him to eat the vegan items first, and save the other junk for the rest of the weekend?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 01:58 PM
OMG chips and guac are about impossible for me to avoid! Good luck! And yes tell him to get rid of that first!
Rhonda - tell little Rhonda to can it and work out. If she really wants to be Little Rhonda she has to let you workout!
Manick - Take a nap!

Ohhh I get my Lush stuff today - yippee!

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I worry about him eating all that crap too!

I can only hope that he is serious about really TRYING on Monday. He has about 7 weeks before he'll be skiing in Italy, he really want to lose some weight by then, but it will require serious strictness and he has been unsuccessful at every attempt during our marriage.

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Heather: What did you get from Lush?

Manick: yeah, Sunday will be a long run (needs to be 8), I need to build back up to 12 miles to prepare for the half mary in Feb. But the UPS stint put a kink on my running and while I got faster at shorter distance, I think I might have lost some long-run endurance since the end of November when I did the race. I'd really rather run shorter right now, but I can't since I really need to prepare for the race in Feb.

Rhonda -- you shouldn't push so hard on the treadmill right off that bat that it makes you totally miserable. That's like a session of "avoidance training"! Maybe ease into it a bit more slowly so there will be SOME enjoyment?

onthetee
01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Tons of potato chips, tortilla chips, guacamole and my favorite loaves of french bread. *cry*

So sorry. I would have a hard time with that. Can you put it in the garage?

Jillian Michaels is sitting on my shoulder today and telling me that I will get on the treadmill. Little Rhonda is sitting on the other shoulder and whispering excuses in my ear. Little Rhonda needs to shut up!

You need to hit Little Rhonda with a five-pound weight.

He is going on a diet on Monday, so he is having a blowout weekend. Those are only the things that he bought that are vegan (and so edible by me), there is also cheesecake, icecream, cookies, and all sorts of other junk. He swears it will all be gone by Monday morning. He wasn't thinking about how the vegan items would be tempting to me. He thinks I can resist anything and he doesn't REALLY understand how hard it is.

Really? I think he DOES understand or he would already be at his goal weight. He knows how hard it is because he keeps falling off the wagon. I know he is off for the weekend, but can you declare the house a safe zone after Monday?

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Really? I think he DOES understand or he would already be at his goal weight. He knows how hard it is because he keeps falling off the wagon. I know he is off for the weekend, but can you declare the house a safe zone after Monday?

Oh he thinks it is HARD for HIM, but somehow easy for me, after all, I've managed to resist since March. That must mean it is somehow different for me. Maybe I need to complain, whine, and ***** more in general so he'll understand that it is JUST as hard for me as it is for him. I just thought I'd be pretty miserable to be with if I spent my life verbalizing every moment of diffifulty, you know? SO this is the result.

He has promised that as of Monday the house will be, and stay, junk free. Thank goodness.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Heather: What did you get from Lush?

Mom ordered a buttload of stuff for me for Christmas :) I think she may have clicked on everything that said VEGAN :D It just didn't get delivered to her house until this week. My sister is coming to Charlotte today anyway and is dropping it off at my house!

So sorry about the hubby. I like the idea of a "no crap" zone. If he wants to fall off the wagon do it elsewhere.

onthetee
01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
So sorry about the hubby. I like the idea of a "no crap" zone. If he wants to fall off the wagon do it elsewhere.

That was hotly debated in the support forum one day. One of the m0ds says that you should not dictate to others. I don't dictate, but our house is a safe zone. Chris puts all his stuff in the garage. I know where it is, but I am not going to get into the garage to get it. Chris eats his crap at work, I believe.

chellez
01-02-2009, 02:46 PM
My morning has been full of craziness with lack of food in the house. Thank God I got my check today.

I'm still in the process of getting my menus straight up through Tuesday & I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to get on the treadmill prior to dinner tonight.

Thankfully Daniel and I have come to some sort of compromise for the moment so thats one less monkey off my back

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 02:56 PM
My treadmill needs some serious maintenance. I almost fell three times before I realized that it wasn't me. The belt is slipping BAD. I used it for a few more minutes manually but it was still slipping.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 02:59 PM
That was hotly debated in the support forum one day. One of the m0ds says that you should not dictate to others. I don't dictate, but our house is a safe zone. Chris puts all his stuff in the garage. I know where it is, but I am not going to get into the garage to get it. Chris eats his crap at work, I believe.

Psssh I'd dictate in a hurry with no guilt. Honey, do you want me to look like Dita Von Teese or Roseanne Barr? Okay then keep your crap out of the house!

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 03:01 PM
That was hotly debated in the support forum one day. One of the m0ds says that you should not dictate to others. I don't dictate, but our house is a safe zone.

Same here. L can get his junk at work. If necessary, he will buy junk at the store and consume it within 20 minutes of arriving home. My will can last 20 minutes. Not that this will be an issue for much longer.

I'm still in the process of getting my menus straight up through Tuesday & I'm trying to figure out when I'm going to get on the treadmill prior to dinner tonight.

I'm really glad to see you planning Michelle. Go you!

My treadmill needs some serious maintenance.

Yikes! Be careful on that thing!! I'd say go walk outside but judging by your weather you may end up with popcicles for fingers before you know it.

Ok, ok, after some chiding - 1L down, 1L to go for the day.

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 03:06 PM
No can do when I'm here alone with the kids. 30 minute miles are the suck. Probably 45 if they are weighed down with boots, snow pants, etc. I'll have to bust out the WATP videos.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2009, 03:10 PM
That was hotly debated in the support forum one day. One of the m0ds says that you should not dictate to others.

This is my home, too and I'm just as important as everyone else. Plus, no one in this family needs junk every day. Everyone benefits from keeping this house as a no-crap zone. Why should I play the martyr and jeopardize my success so someone can stuff themselves full of nutrient lacking fat making artery clogging product?

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
This is my home, too and I'm just as important as everyone else. Plus, no one in this family needs junk every day. Everyone benefits from keeping this house as a no-crap zone. Why should I play the martyr and jeopardize my success so someone can stuff themselves full of nutrient lacking fat making artery clogging product?

That is a great argument, for sure!

Zinke -- that sucks bigtime about the treadmill breaking!

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 03:39 PM
It is old. I am surprised it still works at all. I might disassemble it tomorrow night and see what I can find.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Mmmm most delicious dinner. Whole wheat penne sauteed with carrots, zuc, squash, broccoli, roma tomatoes, garlic, onion, tons of basil, red pepper and oregano. Used a dab of EB and about an ounce of the smoked cheddar Sheese. Soooo good. Total calories for the day are around 1700. Total water so far is over 70oz (I stop counting once I hit around there). I'm heading to the gym for elliptical and bike once my sister gets here and leaves. It's cold outside and I need to study a bit. I can't run down the sidewalk and read!

onthetee
01-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Heather has changed my life with 1/2 tsp syrup in the stir fry and I improved it with the hot sauce. I don't even need the freaking rice. So. good. oh. em. gee.

I am at a little under 900 so far, and I ran 2.4. I should be thin tomorrow, right?

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I am over here having the best pasta of my life (and I don't generally like pasta much) - bowties, arugula, grape tomatoes, walnuts, feta with red wine vinegar and evoo and s+p.

Good to hear we are all enjoying our respective meals - one heckuva buffet we'd make!

Official WI is tomorrow - let's see if I break this gaining streak of the past couple months.

river
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM

Hey, we have the same favorite foods! Yum! Oh, and I love potato too, any which way. Carboholic!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Mmmm I haven't had stir-fry in a while. Now I need syrup, it really is a life changing event. Hot sauce can improve anything, well maybe not ice cream. Jaime your pasta sounds delish also - I found a soy feta I actually like, hmm may have to steal your pasta dish for next time.
Gym - did about 40 minutes and 2.88 miles on the ellipitical. I always thought you went faster on the machine versus actual running, guess not. My garmin is STILL being a royal PITA with this multisport function crap. I'm going to have to breakdown and call support I guess.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-02-2009, 08:23 PM
you should totally steal it Heather, I am drooling over the leftovers. Funny about your Garmin, hopefully you can get it figured out...

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Wow, nice dinners going!

J, I have my fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow!

Heather, I'm irritated with your Garmin for giving you a hard time. Sheesh. I can't remember if you have the 305 or a different version? If you have the 305, press and hold the "Mode" button (on left side of unit) and see if you can change from "Other" to "Running" as the sport... (use the arrows on the right side to choose "Running" then press "Enter" button which is also on the right side).

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah I have the 305. I *think* I may have found part of the problem. I'm not resetting between workouts - just hitting stop. Doesn't explain why just my "other" workout tonight went under multisport though. I just want it to work right because I want to love it!

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 08:35 PM
You may still be set to "Other" so try the instructions. But you definitely need to reset between workouts or I think it will maybe make it one big workout...

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah i just did a test and the resetting seems to be the biggest part of my issue (again, Heather is not very tech savvy ;) ). We'll see tomorrow as I'm running in the am and then will be walking the dogs later on - I'm not going to upload until the walk is done.

Wooo oh forgot to tell you guys the gym has added a Power Yoga on Saturday mid morning! I've got to figure out how to work around it once we're required to work on Saturdays but I'll make something work. It's from 10-11:15 so I could go in around 8 and work for a bit and leave or just go in after and stay later (ick). Anyway it starts next Saturday so I'll be checking it out!

Mrs Snark
01-02-2009, 08:47 PM
In case I wasn't writing clearly, the "Mode" thing is to stop it from registering everything as "Multisport". You can switch it to running... etc.

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I had veggie pizza. Broccoli, carrots, onions, red, yellow and orange peppers. NO cheese which is very new for me. It did need a bit more sauce though. I took a photo of it that I will post in a few.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 08:58 PM
You forgot the pineapple!!! Just picking (sorta!). It sounds delish. I normally order mine (if not making at home) extra sauce to make up for the cheese. I also sprinkle hot sauce over it. See hot sauce is good on almost everything!

onthetee
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
I am over here having the best pasta of my life (and I don't generally like pasta much) - bowties, arugula, grape tomatoes, walnuts, feta with red wine vinegar and evoo and s+p.

Wow.

(again, Heather is not very tech savvy ;) ).
But you are such a nice girl.

I had veggie pizza. Broccoli, carrots, onions, red, yellow and orange peppers. NO cheese which is very new for me. It did need a bit more sauce though. I took a photo of it that I will post in a few.

We had the same thing, though mine was stir-fried and yours was on dough.

You forgot the pineapple!!! Just picking (sorta!). It sounds delish. I normally order mine (if not making at home) extra sauce to make up for the cheese. I also sprinkle hot sauce over it. See hot sauce is good on almost everything!

:p

zinkemomx2
01-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I contemplated the pineapple. I've never had it on pizza though. Will try it next time.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
In case I wasn't writing clearly, the "Mode" thing is to stop it from registering everything as "Multisport". You can switch it to running... etc.

You are clear, I'm an idiot. I have been switching between sports but if you don't reset it doesn't matter it'll still do it as multisport.

I contemplated the pineapple. I've never had it on pizza though. Will try it next time.

It's pretty much essential. Josephine will back me up here.

vixjean
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Leave it to my girls to start a thread and get 2 pages in by the time I am done with dinner today. Holy motivation! I managed to eat estimated 500 less calories today. I am trying to be more aware of drinking my calories.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-02-2009, 10:42 PM
I've considered drinking my calories. Two margaritas and I'll be at my max.
Talked hubby into making dinner this evening. Vegetarian chili and it was delish!

I'm feeling a rumble in the stomach. Real hunger? Not sure, but I'm choosing to ignore it.

onthetee
01-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm feeling a rumble in the stomach. Real hunger? Not sure, but I'm choosing to ignore it.

Sex is a great distraction.

pintobean
01-03-2009, 01:25 AM
wow! I'm late to the party here :) . It's 4 pages already. I've been busy at home here and will be again probably tomorrow. I can't believe I'm freakin up at 1:25 AM. I hope I get time to catch up with you guys later. Sleep Well :)

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 05:19 AM
It's farkin 5:00am and I'm up. This was not the plan. Its super foggy and horror movie feeling outside so I'm not going to go for a run quite yet.

river
01-03-2009, 06:59 AM
I loved reading everyone's dinner- esp the pasta! I had a sammy with 2 pcs whole grain bread, 1 tbsp light cream cheese, 1/2 mashed avocado, sliced cucumbers, a ton of alpha sprouts and s&p.

zinkemomx2
01-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Exercise complete! 32 ounces of water drank already. Breakfast is planned and just waiting for the littles to wake up. Lunch will be leftover pizza. Snack will be hummus that will be measured. I'm digging through the recipes right now to find dinner inspiration.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-03-2009, 08:54 AM
How did the phone tree go this morning?

I am happy to report I am down 2.6 for the week - more nekkid but I'm not about to derobe in my WW meeting.

Just had a bowl of cereal and am about to go get my oil changed and return some Christmas stuff to Target ... no point in pretending anymore.

pintobean
01-03-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow!! Jaime. Excellent on the weight loss :) . Although nekkid weighing at WW would have given the people some excitement there :D .

:hug:

onthetee
01-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Always wanted to strip at WW.

I need more fiber. It is just that simple.

Sister's b-day is today. Already added the cake to the cals for the day. Not having noodles with the dish mom is serving. No bread with dinner either. All in trade for cake. (310 cals per slice)

Banana and apple for lunch. Maybe a boiled egg.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-03-2009, 10:44 AM
There used to be a sign at one of the WI stations at my center in front of a particular secretary person that read "if you feel the need to strip, go ahead. Just don't expect me to get embarrassed about it." I liked that sign, don't know where it went...

Happy birthday, Anna's sister!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Good morning! It is still morning, right?

The scales are smiling for me today! I'm down 2.6 so far. Official weigh-in is Monday so I'm hoping to pull another pound out of somewhere.

OTT - How are you feeling today? ;) Good plans for the B-day party.
Jaime - Congrats on the loss!

Question: When do the beans and fresh produce stop...ahem...producing undesirable rumbles? I know that beans, legumes and fresh fruits and veggies should be a staple in my diet, but lordy lordy.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Billie you're putting us all to shame this morning!

Jaime - phone tree didn't happen, eh hm Michelle. Good job on the weight loss!

Anna -How on earth do you not get enough fiber? Cake is a wonderful excuse to starve all day.

Rhonda - Are you dramatically increasing your fiber? That's probably what is causing it. I don't have gas (and I eat A LOT of beans and veggies) unless I've eaten cruddy for a a few days and then resume my normal diet. Mine normally passes in a day or two. Drink some extra water - it'll help breakdown the fiber. Stick with it and I promise it'll go away!

chellez
01-03-2009, 11:50 AM
I was very good at dinner last night. I'm actually really surprised I didn't dive into the yeast rolls because I'm in love with bread so much.

So I made it and now we are on to day 3...

I had every intention of getting up at 8:30 when Daniel left for work to hit the treadmill, but alas I slept in. I think I'll probably do it after I get back from the store. Still debating whether I should eat before or after that.

This morning my lovely scale reported me down 2.5 lbs from yesterday. I thought it was a fluke so I checked 3 times for good measure. I'm praying to the weight loss goddess that its not just from my dot earlier this week and that I'm going to stall soon. Must keep going!

Today's Menu Is:

Celery with Whipped Cream Cheese
Farmer's Casserole (eggs, cheese & canadian bacon bake)
Polenta
Beef & Garlic Pita Rollups
Berry Salad
Sloppy Beef Burgers
Skinny Mashed Potatoes
Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookie

About 1438 calories, which is over what DP is telling me I should be but I want to stay in the 1400's for at least 7 days then readjust.

Well Lexi is whining to go outside and I need to hit the store. :wave:

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm cranky because I didn't get to go to the dog park this morning, boo hoo. Maybe I'll take the furkid for a long walk later, I'm sure he's disappointed to miss his weekly playdate.

I've got bike riding (and possibly dog walking) on the agenda today. My tummy was off this morning so I'm not sure as to menu.

Wow, great news on the scales for you guys, WOO HOO!!!

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Billie -- pineapple on pizza -- omg, so good. I love fruit with savory foods, it brings out the best in both!

suitejudyblueeyes
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Rhonda - Woohoo! :carrot: you are well on your way to that first 10lbs.
Michelle - Menu sounds good... And at 210 1400 should be a great starting point, forget TDP for the time being...
Jo - Aw, too bad you and the pup had to miss the playdate. Hope your stomach gets better.

So today is the first day since the stuff hit the fan that I've felt the need to eat to calm myself down. It's been nagging at me all morning and now into the afternoon. I keep telling myself, "you are no longer the kind of person who eats her emotions." over and over. Had my last clementine, may have to run to the store just for another box as they are keeping my hands away from more dangerous pursuits.

Manick
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
See it is a reasonable hour and I am going to go get on the treadmill now. All y'all who didn't yet better get movin' now!!:woops:

Day 3 of 2009 peeps. Dinner was OK last night, SIL was present among 12 others and behaved. I have to put the chocolate away! I am not a dessert eater typically, maybe once a week but I'd rather drink those calories, as you know, but again last night...there is a little bowl of choc truffles just sitting out so I walked by on the way to brush my teeth no less and popped one in my mouth. Not hungry, not craving, not anything...it was just THERE. Buh-bye.

I am a 200 lb woman. I can dress it up, squeeze it, put makeup on it, put jewelry on it, put sexy heels on it...but the fact remains and that is unacceptable. I am 5'5. That is a minimum of 50 lbs. Actually 55 to get into healthy zone.

Good job on the WI Jaime and Rhonda and Chelle! :carrot:

Ja-you know you are about to drop...what? 180 more?

Manick
01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Whoa, Jaime, posting at the same time. Clemintines sound like a reasonable choice if you've got to munch something! Run to the store, plus it will get you away for a bit!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Manick, rock that treadmill!

I ran across some pictures last night of me at my highest weight. Let me just say that these will definitely be included in my "before" pictures when I reach goal. Wow. There is nothing like a picture to remind me that I need to stay on-track.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Manick - 150, but if he wants to take an extra 30 with him when he goes he is more than welcome to :p Glad your SIL behaved - there's a nice surprise! And, I've seen your photos. You sure *can* dress up that 200lbs and make it sexy ;) but I understand what you mean.

Rhonda - Make sure you take a minute to remember you're beautiful regardless :) a little self-love goes a long way. (hm, that sounded dirtier than I meant it.)

pintobean
01-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Ok a quick post. I promise I'll be back later. Our carpet installers are coming here in 30 mins. God I thought they'll never get here. Finally!

We just finished eating our lunch - Cashew Carrot ginger soup. Oh our pizza dough is rising...at least we hope it is. No exercise for me yet. My brain is not fully on track yet...I did plan my lunch for next week. I'm trying to decide whether to cook the oatmeal today or tomorrow for breakfast next week. Ok gotta go, hubby is getting impatient. Ciao.

Manick
01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Ok, 1.75 miles outdoors was enough to convince me that I DO want to walk on the treadmill! And I will be grateful about it. Just going to run my hands under hot water first.

onthetee
01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
So today is the first day since the stuff hit the fan that I've felt the need to eat to calm myself down. It's been nagging at me all morning and now into the afternoon. I keep telling myself, "you are no longer the kind of person who eats her emotions." over and over. Had my last clementine, may have to run to the store just for another box as they are keeping my hands away from more dangerous pursuits.

Leave the house......go sit on a couch at Border's and read a mag or something.

chellez
01-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Back from the store! I have all the tools now to keep me on track this week. I have to shift the time frame of my meals today since I woke up late and took forever at the store.

So I now (at 3 pm) am going to make breakfast. :lol:

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I have no idea how you went to the store w/o eating first. I would've bought the whole damn place.

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I have no idea how you went to the store w/o eating first. I would've bought the whole damn place.
Me, too. I can NOT shop hungry. No, no, no, no, no.

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Are you hanging in there Jaime, keeping your hands busy? Knitting some more giant hats perchance?

zinkemomx2
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I went to the store today without eating lunch. I did surprisingly well at $50

Sundae nut cones because it isn't often that I buy those for DH and I am trying to make amends about his lunch.

DS got to pick out a doughnut for his dessert tonight because he won't eat the strawberry shortcake.

On the bright side I got clementines, brussels, squash, onions, carrots, grapes, and bananas.

Already downed 80 ounces of water.

Manick
01-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah, water--thanks for the reminder!

I need to start the whole, real routine on Monday. Daily plate logging, check the water off, set up daily vitamins, mark the exercise on the calendar. I am doing all those things today but I don't feel in control of it yet. It is haphazard. The commitment you all made to exercise today, and dh sleeping in, DID get me doing that at least and I had a controlled breakfast, so it's a start. Peer pressure...not self-directed choice. Not that it's not a good motivator but I did not plan it necessarily...it just happened because it was the first thing I read this morning.

2 more family dinners to get through tonight and tomorrow afternoon. We will be at my mother's house so it should be a "safe zone". I am in charge of potatoes. I'm thinking little red potatoes roasted with lemon juice and olive oil with parsley on top at the end. We are getting tired of mixed roasted potatoes and I have no more carrots or yams anyway. I am going to bring something green to eat myself.

vixjean
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't caught up totally on everything, but saw that jamie lost 2.6 which is SUPER DUPER AWESOME WOW!

I passed up on fries today, yep. It doesn't get easier. This is about the 3rd time this week I had to watch FH eat fried and not eat any - oh and he even threw some away... which makes them even MORE tempting.... This isn't easy being a fry-eating-machine with no fries.

Manick- You sure don't look like those stats in the pictures I have seen!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Vix I love fries too! Try sauteeing (that is so not spelled right) some potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, any other seasoning you like until they're crispy. You can control the amount of (healthy!) oil you get and still get that fried fix.

Manick you'll get back in control, it's hard to jump back in all at once and lady you are hot - don't forget that!

Zinke - I think you are by far the best at water consumption!

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 05:42 PM
I was a fries fiend also. I do still make oven baked ones and eat with hot sauce to get a fix now and then. But mostly I've replaced them with Manick's awesome roasted green beans Way to go passing them up Vix, you rock!

I am a moron. Today I got my face sunburned because we went biking at 12:30. I have been getting very lax about sunscreen, I think because most of the yearI exercise in the dark (to beat the heat) -- but with the advent of all our cool weather I've done more and more exercise during daylight hours. And then the UPS thing as well. Anyway, I've suddenly noticed that I'm TAN!?!? And today I burned my face.

I'm such a moron. Always use sunscreen now goes on my New Year's resolutions list.

wearingyourbaby
01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Ok, Vix sent me here, so you all will have to blame her for all my screwups.

Hello, I'm Vix's sister, and I'm fat!
Lets see...I'm shorter than vix, i think...4'11 and i'm 205 right now. Other than my last pg, I'm pretty sure that i'm heavier than i've ever been. Thankfully, I now have Hammy and Pink to help me. Hammy is my new Hampster wheel...err...treadmil, and Pink is my new mp3 that's keeping me motivated. that, and a new size 16 pair of jeans.

So, HI to everyone, and bear with me while i figure out how to move around 3fc.

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Vix did tell you to expect lots of hazing, right? The tinfoil hat is on its way to you now. ;)

Welcome!

wearingyourbaby
01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Eh, I get hazing from everyone else...I can handle it..

ish.

::ducks and covers::

Manick
01-03-2009, 06:21 PM
I have set up a calendar for 2009 and read through everything I did last year. Exercise is KEY. I am pretty good at mindful eating now, but without movement I remain as I am.

There you have it.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Vix's sister! Do you have a name or shall we make up one for you (evil grin)

Welcome! We're all fun ladies but tend to be hmm, how to put this, a bit more brutally honest then the rest of the forum! However it's done out of kindness and the desire to see each other suceed. Are you a calorie counter or following some other food plan? Have you been using Hammy yet?

wearingyourbaby
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm Tessa. I've been doing pretty well with Hammy so far. About 4 weeks now...less the last 4 days. Holidays are rough ya know...

Yes, I use too many ...'s. That, and a lot of tessaspeak, which i'm sure most people find really annoying. Feel free to yell at me for it. Oh, and yeah...I can't spell.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi tessa! :wave:

so amidst my little emotional breakdown this afternoon, ice cream found its way into my grasp... and tostitos. Let me tell you, I have never been thirstier than I am right now. I didn't eat the whole of what I had, and the leftovers are all in mr. trash can now, but it was scary there for a bit...

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 09:32 PM
We are watching football while my dh plows through the blowout food. In other words, we have descended to the 4th circle of **** over here. Later maybe we'll poke our eyeballs with skewers and walk on hot coals to round out the evening.

Jaime, way to go putting the junk in the trash. Any amount of calories saved is a win!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Jaime - at least you stopped. Binging isn't going to help but you know that and you knew to put an end to it.

Man Jo, I think I'd have to knock him in the head and get rid of the rest of the blowout foods. Or go to bed and lock the door.

Tessa - there is a spellcheck on the forums (which I NEED to use more often myself!) It's the checkmark with ABC above it.

KimProbable
01-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Alright, Tessa has got me finally posting instead of lurking. With a handle that refers to babywearing, I feel the urge to show off my avatar. ;)

Jo - You're a better woman than I am. I'd have killed him or flushed his food down the toilet.

Jaime - So proud of you for stopping your binge! And WTG on trashing the leftovers. :hug:

We're playing with the WiiFit again tonight. The aerobics stuff looks neat so I'll have to check it out further when the kids are asleep and not clamoring for their turns.

My eating was pretty good today. I think weighing myself yesterday and seeing the reasonable gain has helped me to regain some focus. In a couple of days the weather is supposed to warm up to just below freezing and this cold should have finally left my head, so I'm going to make a big push to get out during the day with the kids and then for a walk with the doggy when hubby is home.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Welcome, WYB!
Vix, I love, love, love fries! Heather, my Mom used to make skillet potatoes all of the time and I loved them. Thanks for reminding me of this alternative.
And....dare I ask again for Manick's roasted green bean recipe? This time, I'm on plan and will use it.
Kim - can you believe that I've still not tried my Wii Fit?
Manick - Exercise is key for me, too. I need to really make it a priority this time.

Okay. My first foray into the vegetarian cooking realm was a resounding success. Everyone had seconds (except for me, of course.;)) I'll post the recipe tomorrow.

Spell check? Really? So, I've been looking like an idiot for all this time.....

Mrs Snark
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Rhonda: here are the green beans (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2389248&highlight=green+beans#post2389248)...

they taste about 1 million times better than they look.

wearingyourbaby
01-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Kim-Yeah for babywearing! Isn't it wonderful? Makes you strong, too!

I played with Hammy for 45 minutes today. I'm pretty sure dh put my backside on the camera for Vix to see. I weighed myself, too...down to 203.5 now...yippee! Not bad, after a Red Lobster day.

Thanks for all the wonderful welcomes, everyone. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone! And now, I have you on a quick button, so I won't forget to check in all the time.

Manick
01-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Oh thanks Jo, you saved me looking for that recipe. Yes, try them Rhonda, you might have to try making them a couple times before you get the exact crispiness that you like. I bake mine on stoneware bar pans from PC and get them very, very crisp (obviously) but some people like them better not as browned. Bake longer at a lower temp for ultra crispy. I buy the big bag of frozen green beans at Trader Joes and make the whole bag. Dh doesn't really like them that much so they are all mine...and they keep like potato chips too once the water is baked out of them. Hot sauce, garlic, tamari...whatever you like on them.

Dinner at mom's was good. SIL and her family were not there so we had a nice, relaxed time with my aunt and parents. We laughed till we cried. Always a good time to see mom and her sister together in action. I finished at about 1450 cals for today! (net would be lower...but I'm not figuring that out now) I had a big salad and a small serving of "Talerina" a family recipe...like an inside out tamale pie sort of, and of course a glass of wine. After Monday I am off the booze for awhile!

WYB, good job on the tready! And Ja, good job on the trashing! Ugh...but hey, that was a good step in the right direction. Jo, I hope your weekend goes fast!

onthetee
01-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Scale is slightly up this morning, and it pisses me off. I have been doing everything I am supposed to, minus the fiber intake. Weight should be flying off of me. It is not. I am in the middle of the ovulation bloat, but srsly. This is ridiculous.

AND, I got busted by my mom for talking about my sister's marriage situation. I have a cousin to whom I am very close, and when Erica showed up a her house on Christmas Eve without a spouse, I gave her a run down. Well, this week, Dad went to a viewing, and cousin's best friend came up to him and said, "How is Erica doing? I hear it is on and off and I hope she is OK." Dad told her that Erica would be very upset if she knew I was talking about it, which is probably true. I am not so angry that cousin told her friend, but jesus lady......show some discretion. Did she really think my dad was going to have a heart to heart with her, whom he barely knows, in a funeral home? Good lord.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Jaime--at 160, how many weight watchers points would I start with? I cannot find my stuff.

Mrs Snark
01-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Morning gang.

Anna, wow, people are so stupid, I can't believe someone would approach your father that way. Your cousin's best friend is clearly a moron.

I'm sorry the scale is being ridiculous. Your body is so stubborn.

Day 4 (361 more days for success in 2009!)
Today's plan: long run (8.35 miles done!)
Food:
Oatmeal, coffee with stevia
Apple
Mini veggie pancakes and salad with lots of broccoli and cauliflower
Frozen banana with peanut butter
Pad thai with tofu

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Well I turned down going out last night. To be honest was tired and bed seemed more exciting but the thought of extra empty drinking calories plus the inevitable smoke made me say no. I did however feel the need to have 3 pieces of toast late last night. It put me over my calorie count and was a bit bingy but with exercise and oodles of water yesterday I'm still down .4 this morning so not sweating it. Trigger has been identified and will be dealt with.

I'm considering a yoga class today at 3 but it honestly depends on how much work and house crap I get done before then.

Anna - People talk, it happens! Funeral home probably not the place to discuss though.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh, today's plan.

Brekkie: egg, toast, coffee with skim milk
snack: pom
lunch: salad with feta, pecans and homemade dressing
dinner: enchiladas
snack: entitlement banana

at appro 3 PM, run 3.1

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh today's meal plan
breakfast - coffee and banana/strawberry smoothie
lunch - leftovers AGAIN and salad
dinner - spicy collards and black eyed peas over rice (which will translate into MORE leftovers for the coming week) cooking for one blows chunks sometimes

onthetee
01-04-2009, 09:45 AM
My immersion blender will be here on Wednesday! Smoothieville, here I come!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 09:51 AM
snort. That's the only reason I'm having a smoothie this morning! I've only used the immersion once since xmas.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 09:55 AM
well, I mostly want it for soups. I like a few hits with the blender in my lentil soup to get it a little more creamy. Broccoli soup requires it, as does my chick pea soup.

Mrs Snark
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM
If I had an immersion blender I'd be a smoothie abuser.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I haven't smoothied in a bit. On work days I normally eat breakfast in the car so a smoothie in 30 degree temps just isn't all that great of an idea.

MM I made lentil soup - that was my other use. Little effers have a crapton of calories though.

KimProbable
01-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Alright, so I finally played with the WiiFit last night and it was so very fun! I hula hooped for about ten minutes in total and I thought I was going to pass out by the end. I also did some of the running in place (which totally sucked), some yoga poses, some balance exercises, and some step aerobics. I got my heart rate up to a pretty decent level and I can definitely see me doing that a few times a week to keep my body moving. Between the pregnancy and now being sick it's crazy how quickly my breathing and heart rate skyrocket.

Today will involve some outside time because it's supposed to go up to -10C/14F by this afternoon. Poor doggy really needs to go for a walk. He can only go out for a minute or two during these cold snaps and I think he's getting a bit wiggy from the lack of exercise.

The smoothie talk reminds me that I really should get back to having more. I've got a big bottle of Vega powder in the pantry which has been neglected lately. As someone who has been skimping on the fruits and veggies lately I should really change that!

Am I the only weirdo who really doesn't like immersion blenders?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 10:37 AM
I just don't like having to clean my regular blender for just one smoothie or having to pour hot soup into it.

btw smoothies ARE for summer. I'm now freezing.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Morning folks. Scale was down again this morning even after the cookies yesterday so I am happy. I think I peed the calories out with my gallon of water I drank yesterday.

B - eggs and toast
L - quinoa soup leftovers, small salad
D - I'm going to attempt chickpea cutlets in the oven, roasted green beans, and either mashed potatoes or squash
S - clementines

vixjean
01-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Anna - what an idiot, she does not have good timing.
Heather - Very proud to see you passed up a night of empty calories from drinking.
Kim - Geez! I am a tired person now, I don't know where you get the energy from.
Tess - You are doing great with the hammy, it will begin to show, I promise!

I weighed in at 162, wow! I am on my way to losing these 5 lbs I gained back in the last few months. Maybe the non-ski skiing event disaster did me some good.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I looked at my weight/food journals from when I had a successful run with WW after Will. I now remember that it took a full week for a loss to show up. So if I had a good week, my weigh-in did not show it until the following week. Of course I would get discourages, have an average week, followed by average weigh in. Maybe I should be patient.....seems unlikely.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Vix - I missed the non ski-skiing event thing... explain please?

I expect my weight to drop like 5lbs if I exercise and ate well one day. Patience is not a virtue of mine either.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Anna - I personally think your body probably thinks you are starving. It's not like you just lay on the couch all day. You are constantly on the go whether it is cleaning, running the kids around or out running/walking. But, you know your body better than I do and I am sure you have heard it all before. I hope you figure things out soon because I am frustrated for you.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Vix - You need to share. You've been skirting around it and we need details girl.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 11:54 AM
spinach, green pepper, yellow pepper, onion, carrots, feta, pecans, asian dressing. yay

KimProbable
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Sounds yummy!

I ate bok choy salad and oatmeal for breakfast. Other than my taste buds revolting during the massive change from one food to the other, it was super yum.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
zinke - you will not be sorry about those chickpea cutlets, though I do advise leaving out the lemon zest. Bleh. I made it with the zest once and it totally turned me off, enough so that I haven't had them since.

Anna - I will PM you. I am frustrated on your behalf.

Kim - wow, -10! break out the shorts! :lol:

People, vix isn't being cryptic, it all went down on plurk last night. Vix - hurray on the loss!

Today's menu:
B: skip (slept til noon, make up for binge last night anyway)
L: salad of some sort with walnuts & feta, wasa crackers and hummus
D: stuffed bell peppers

Will probably not need snacks in there but will stick clementines in any gaps I feel may appear. Still on recovery from yesterday, we'll see how it goes.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Good afternoon. I slept my morning away. I sure am gonna be sorry I slept so late when that alarm rings at 6:00 am tomorrow. I'm now enjoying a cup of joe, will grab some leftovers for lunch and will start cleaning.

Anna - sorry the scales aren't cooperating with you. Maybe, you should put them away and just use measurements?
Kim - Bok choy and oatmeal? Yep, you're definitely preggers.

Today, I'm trying another veggie recipe for dinner. Paul keeps asking me..."are you gonna put some hamburger or something in that?" He's really keeping a positive attitude, but we're confusing the heck out of him. I keep reminding him that these are vegetarian entrees and that they will help Jamie with her weight issue. This is all so strange to him, but he's such a trooper.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I missed Vix's recounting of the ski fail.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 03:12 PM
zinke - I do advise leaving out the lemon zest.

People, vix isn't being cryptic, it all went down on plurk last night. Vix - hurray on the loss!

I don't have any lemon zest so that is good to know.

Off to find the plurk.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
chickpea cutlets

1 cup cooked chickpeas
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c wheat gluten
1/2 c plain breadcrumbs
1/4 c broth or water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp lemon zest, Jaime says she leaves it out and I'm gonna trust her
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp sage
olive oil for frying, if desired

Mash chickpeas with oil. Add remaining ingredients. Knead 3 mins or until strings of gluten form. Divide into 1/4ths and make into patties.

Fry 6-7 mins on each side or until light brown and firm.
- or -
Bake 375* on lightly oiled sheet. Spray cutlets with oil and bake 20 mins. Flip and bake 20 more or until firm.

pintobean
01-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I'll post the link here too. I recommend buying Kai-Lan (Chinese Broccoli) if you can find it where you live. I bought it from an Asian store.

Here's the link - Chinese Broccoli recipe (http://3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/pintobean/)

BTW I thought I should share that I did cut my finger pretty bad while peeling the ginger. Yes with a peeler of all things and it was bleeding pretty bad. Then I almost cut another finger while trying to julienne the ginger then almost again while trying to cut the bell pepper. After that hubby said Jeez! and took the knife from my hands.

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't see the plurk. Anyone wanna recap for those of us that are in the dark?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Anj! Owie on the cuts, sorry.

wearingyourbaby
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Vix can't ski.

I ate leftover HH today for lunch, and had my cereal this morning. I'm pretty much full right now.

I don't think we'll do dinner...if we do, it'll be cereal again, i'm pretty sure.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I am making enchilada think in the crockpot. It smells delish.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
I wish one of you would come make my dinner. And lunch tomorrow. And breakfast tomorrow. Could you iron my clothes also and run the vacuum through?

Manick
01-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Anna, I'm with Jo, MORON. Inappropriate. Idiot timing, none of her beeswax and especially not her place to discuss w/your dad. Geeeeeez, go gossip elsewhere.

Speaking of moron people, an older woman asked me today..."so, you've been married 2 years, anything down there?" "Anything?..... Ever?" I gave her a quizzical look and she actually stepped forward and rubbed my abdomen....!

I'm thinking "what, lady...should I make up a couple of "sad" incidences so you can have something to spread around your next coffee circle?" Good-g-d. People!

Ovulation bloat is a new to me...I must have that (up .5 today for no good reason and tomorrow is O-day...I should have told that woman so she could light candles over me *snort*)

Anjuli take care of that owie! I am a total klutz at certain times of the month...like, in 2 weeks. I leave you all to do the math.

If anything goes down today at the family lunch I will be smacking someone!

I caved and am making mashed potatoes. I will eat a small amount and a large salad and some broccoli.

Carry on.

Manick
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the chickpea cutlet recipe, I will try that this week!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
Speaking of moron people, an older woman asked me today..."so, you've been married 2 years, anything down there?" "Anything?..... Ever?" I gave her a quizzical look and she actually stepped forward and rubbed my abdomen....!

Dude that **** would've had me seeing red. Nosy people. I'm apparenlty getting to the age (ohhhh soooo old 28) where it's okay to ask WHY I'm not married or tell me I NEED to hurry up and get married so I can have kids. I'm all for having opinions but come on.

onthetee
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM

I'm thinking "what, lady...should I make up a couple of "sad" incidences so you can have something to spread around your next coffee circle?" Good-g-d. People!

Ovulation bloat is a new to me...I must have that (up .5 today for no good reason and tomorrow is O-day...I should have told that woman so she could light candles over me *snort*)

You are totally allowed to hit people, you know.

Oh man. My body is very sensitive to the ovulation. Constipation and bloat. It is like it takes all available systems to pop an egg.

Dude that **** would've had me seeing red. Nosy people. I'm apparenlty getting to the age (ohhhh soooo old 28) where it's okay to ask WHY I'm not married or tell me I NEED to hurry up and get married so I can have kids. I'm all for having opinions but come on.

You should tell them that you have sold the two you had, and so you don't think you should have anymore.

vixjean
01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I love when Heather snorts. Will pp about the non ski disaster.

Manick - what a strange encounter!

wearingyourbaby
01-04-2009, 07:29 PM
Recap for today:
45 min on hammy, a few new songs on pink that make me cry (how's that gonna help?) and a stab in the hand.

Do I detect a few ttc'ers here?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM

**** no. I'm not a "kid" person. They're cute but most certainly not for me.

Why did the songs make you cry?

wearingyourbaby
01-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Freaking hormones. I cry at everything now. It's worse than when I was pg. Ugh.

vixjean
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Tessa - you are making us all look bad with all this working out. ;)

zinkemomx2
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Cutlets were very tasty. Roasted green beans done to perfection. Plus I made mashed taters, okay they were instant) with soy milk for the very first time. Yummy!

onthetee
01-04-2009, 10:17 PM

Lord, no. Baby factory CLOSED.

chellez
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Damn I fell off the wagon. I hope going back to work tomorrow leads to more interweb browsing time that's distraction (and drama) free.

I'm being short... Laundry calls before bed.

Menu for tomorrow:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1002/3169282552_26bfce0394.jpg

I'm going to attempt to get up early and hit the treadmill before work... just have to make sure to have the coffee pot ready to hold me up all day. ;)

onthetee
01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Is the phone tree established? Is someone calling me? Am I calling someone?

Manick
01-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Home again!

Tessa, no "trying" is going on on my part...back story is that I married the love of my life at age 39, I'm now 41... and we are both ambivalent about actively pursuing any directed "conception" activity...but aren't doing much to stop it either if it happens to occur. It is highly unlikely that it would ever happen naturally (and really I'd be scared ****less if it did) but I am growing increasingly annoyed that people feel they have the right to ask for details regarding our efforts.

I am beyond tired tonight...quite a cousin saga, I'll plurk it. Going to bed soon!

E X E R C I S E ! I expect to read all about it when I get up in the morning!!!

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Is the phone tree established? Is someone calling me? Am I calling someone?

Sorry no I'm a big FAIL. I have meetings this AM I totally spaced on (after doing about 15 billable hours this weekend) bleh. It's before 5am here and I'm getting ready to get in the shower for work. I'll have to go after work today (if I stay awake).

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 07:23 AM
Video done. New confession plurk. Scale up but sodium was also a tad higher. I'll be drinking lots of water today.

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Anjuli, I'm sure you're still a hot mamma with only 9 fingers. But try to keep the rest of them attached, yes?

I am going shopping today. I hate shopping. But I need to get shoes and I need to get bedspread and perhaps 2 new dog beds.

Day 5!

Exercise: 1 hour light riding on the Exercycle
Food:
peanut butter

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 08:06 AM
midnight binge not yet counted
b - 2 slices toast, 3 unnamed fruits
l - cutlet and salad
d - cutlet, brussels, sweet potato
snacks if calories available will be bananas or above mentioned fruit

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 08:08 AM
I hate shopping.

Say what?! Give me a couple of hours to get there. You can give me the money and I"ll shop for you. :D I'm a great bargain shopper.

Today was my weigh-in day. I've lost 3.4 pounds. I couldn't wait to get on the scales this morning. Crazy!

I'm super tired. 6:00 was tough. The kids are back in school. Can you hear the celebration? :D

pintobean
01-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Morning everyone :)
Jo, thanks :) and 10 fingers attached - check :D . As for shopping, I hate it when there are too many people around. Otherwise I'm ok with it. Hope it's painless for you.

Man! my finger bled again this morning after I got dressed. The loose skin got caught in my top. I am still trying to accept it happened with a peeler. Granted it was a brand new palm peeler (http://www.shopfosters.com/store/product.php?productid=1888) that we got from my SIL for Christmas but still...

This weekend we got our living room (plus the staircase going to our basement and the little landing with it) carpet replaced. The carpet we went with is made of recycled stuff. And now it feels so good to walk on it that I'm so tempted to get the whole house replaced but it's not going to happen unless we win a lottery. BTW is it normal to get zapped with the new carpet? Everything we touch after we walk on the new carpet we get static shock.

Manick, sorry that woman touched you like that. I agree it's rude and hitting her would have been ok. Be thankful you don't have relatives/family members harping all the time about when you'll have a baby. And you can't hit them.

Heather, I mentioned it was Vegan especially for both of you ;)

Jaime, how are you doing?

B - Oatmeal & no coffee :(
L - soup and 1 homemade roll

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I detest shopping of any kind unless I can do it on the computer but then you encounter my hate of spending money.

I hate getting to work before 6:30 also. I hate one of my managers. I have too much hate in my heart today.

Break - "bacon", grape tomatoes, spinach, onion, veganaise, mustard on ezekial, coffee

snack - nanner

lunch - amy's dairy free spinach pizza

snack - salad

dinner - leftover 3 sisters casserole - wtf did I not make 1/2 a recipe?

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
What is this 3 sisters casserole? I'm intrigued.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 08:43 AM
What is this 3 sisters casserole? I'm intrigued.

This (http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9974)

I highly recommend making the pumpkin seed pesto they suggest to go with it (using olive oil not the impossible to find pumpkin seed oil).

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I googled and just came up with the same recipe. Is it a coincidence I bought my first kabocha squash the other day? Sounds good but I've never found a pesto I liked so I will skip that. Hmmm. Maybe for tomorrow. Now to freeze or do 1/2 batch?

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm also waiting for my subscription to Veg Times to start. Must go find the confirmation email.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow I made mine with butternut squash since I never see kobocha squash here. Hmm I'd think it would freeze okay. Mine has been in the fridge since last Sunday and whatever isn't eaten tonight is getting tossed - it's a little questionable at this point.

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Richard Simmons is on CNN right now. He is STILL wearing that ridiculous outfit. Too funny.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Anjuli - If you keep slicing and dicing, how will you ever be able to find gloves? Keep those fingers, missy.

Rhonda - :carrot: WOOHOOO!!

Jo - I hate shopping for shoes, but will gladly shop for household stuff like bedspreads and doggy beds. I'll help with half.

Manick - She deserved a slap. Or at least a coolly turned shoulder. Ah, I'm so passive aggressive...

Phone tree - The earliest I am up is 7 nowadays. Though I guess that could change if I wanted to work out in the morning. But working out is kind of far from my mind these days - not to say it shouldn't be, but it is...

Eating sucked yesterday too, I am trying to clean it up today. I went to bed at 9 last night exhausted, and didn't get up til 7:30 - I think that was a bad move, as I have a headache now and feel crummy. Sugar + too much sleep + stress = unhappy Jaime. L is home tonight (no work) so I think I'll cook dinner (with seafood, so he won't eat any, muahahaha) then go get on a bike or an elliptical. It's time to make exercise part of my life again.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 09:06 AM
No scale movement

Meara up for no good reason last night. I did not get up early, but DH works at home today, so I will at least get uninterrupted treadmill.

brek: egg toast coffee with skim
snack: pom
lunch: mucho veggies quesadilla
dinner: wild rice hot dish
snack: ants on log

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Ants on a log is one of my favorites!

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Eating sucked yesterday too, I am trying to clean it up today. I went to bed at 9 last night exhausted, and didn't get up til 7:30 - I think that was a bad move, as I have a headache now and feel crummy. Sugar + too much sleep + stress = unhappy Jaime. L is home tonight (no work) so I think I'll cook dinner (with seafood, so he won't eat any, muahahaha) then go get on a bike or an elliptical. It's time to make exercise part of my life again.

Hang in there. Sounds like you have a good plan for tonight!

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Speaking of plan, I should do my day -

B: lf muffin (not the best choice but was not thinking this morning, I'll get over it)
L: salad w/veg, tofu, hb egg, sunflower seeds
S: clementines
D: stir-fry of red bell pepper, asparagus, sea scallops. not sure about putting rice under it. if I do it'll be 1/2c.

pintobean
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Ugh waking up this morning was not good. I had some nyquil last night (which tasted like liquerish for some reason) to make me sleep. So after going to bed around 10 I woke up at 11:22 to go to the bathroom. I couldn't believe I was up so soon. Only to hear the damn neighbors blasting their music that late at night and even after we told them we can hear the damn boom boom thru the walls very loud. I'm going to complain to them again but I don't know what else to do?

My alarms are for 5:15 and 5:30 am. I'm trying to get up early and get to work as soon as possible so I can leave at around 3/3:30ish. I have to retrain myself to wake up on time.

I had to google ants on log. :D

Jaime, :hug: hope it's an easy day for you today. Good plan for the night :)

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I'd ask the neighbors one more time and just mention that you really don't want to get the police involved for disturbing the police. Oh yeah I've been the old ***** before ;). I would never complain during daylight hours or on the weekends but Sun-Thurs nights after 11pm it's on like donkey kong.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Jaime, I think you're doing well....all things considered. Hang in there. Take care of You first.
Anjuli - I'm exhausted. I must retrain my body for early mornings again.

Paul bought clementines for me last night. Yep, delicious as promised.
Just remembered that youngest has Browie meeting today. If possible, I will quit work early for my date with the treadmill.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 09:41 AM
If possible, I will quit work early for my date with the treadmill.

I'm sorry I must need new contacts because I know that says I WILL find time for treadmill today.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry I must need new contacts because I know that says I WILL find time for treadmill today.:yes: For sure.

pintobean
01-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh yeah we don't care during daylight hours. In fact, we told them it's ok till before 10 pm. But to do it again even after we requested not to is pissing me off. And this time I'm going to talk to them not my hubby. Hmm...nice idea abt the police :) .

Go Rhonda...treadmill!!!

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 09:49 AM
You damn well better get on the treadmill. I did my video with DH at home. Don't make me send Jo to chase you down the road. Run Rhonda run.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
So apparently I'm late in the game here, but I'm here now ;)

I'm drinking water as we speak and have stayed within my points for 3 entire days! :carrot: And really stayed within my points not just stayed in my points but lets forget this late night binge kind of thing. :D

I'm thinking about getting a elliptical machine, I have always wanted one, but never wanted to fork over the bucks to get one. But I know if I had one I would use it way more than the treadmill because I actually enjoy the elliptical machine and to be honest no matter how hard I try I just can't love the treadmill (even though I really wanted too).

By the way I love you guys! :hug:

onthetee
01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Ants on a log is one of my favorites!

Really? A peanut butter-based snack? Who woulda thunk it? ;)

You should come over. Will makes them tasty!

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I hate celery.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I really don't like raisins unless they're in a hot dish. Seriously - just eat a grape people!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 10:11 AM
By the way I love you guys! :hug: Love ya, too!

Paul did an hour on the treadmill and has lost 5.5 pounds since Wednesday. I can't wait to have my sexy man back again.:love:

KimProbable
01-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I've got the cookbook How It All Vegan and in the kid section there are recipes for ants on a log, ants on a raft (on crackers), and drowning ants (throw them in soygurt!). The kids think it's hilarious.

We're heading out for the day and I'm packing a lunch instead of buying one. Both my bank account and my thighs are saying thank you.

We got out sledding yesterday and then we walked around the mall for a bit running errands. I'm going to count it as 15 minutes of walking since I was too chicken to go up and down the hill with this belly.

I need to drink more water during the days. Today I will drink three of the kids' little water bottles worth of water while we're out.

pintobean
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't like black raisins. Golden is good. And yes they have to be in a dessert only dish...I can't just eat them. Celery is not one of my fav food. Now PB that's a different story :devil:

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 10:25 AM
I have eaten my pizza already. I will blame getting up early and not my angsty stressy mood. I want a :smoking:. That is all.

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 10:26 AM
I've got the cookbook How It All Vegan and in the kid section there are recipes for ants on a log, ants on a raft (on crackers), and drowning ants (throw them in soygurt!). The kids think it's hilarious.

I need to drink more water during the days. Today I will drink three of the kids' little water bottles worth of water while we're out.

I want that cookbook. I might need to do a little shopping soon.

Gulp, gulp. :)

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 10:27 AM
<--- has been :smoking: since last Saturday. Just thought I'd come clean.

As for raisins, bleh. Not a fan, especially not in hot cooked dishes.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Ok, hating celery makes you questionable.

I was all excited for an outside run. Sun shining. Birds singing. Fire up! And....wind chill is 17. Bleh.

Season 1 of Family Ties is on instant view, so I guess it is the treadmill. Double bleh.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Paul did an hour on the treadmill and has lost 5.5 pounds since Wednesday. I can't wait to have my sexy man back again.:love:

Wow, I hate him.

<--- has been :smoking: since last Saturday. Just thought I'd come clean.

If I am honest, I am too jealous to scold you.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh Jaime, I'd be shocked if you weren't to be honest but YOU KNOW how HARD it is to quit. That's all I'm going to say about it.

When the **** did I START capitalizing so MANY words?

pintobean
01-05-2009, 11:26 AM
I am sooooo hungry right now. I didn't bring snacks cuz I haven't been hungry for past few weeks. And today I have no clue why I am hungry. Dammit. I am drinking water and it is not helping :(

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Stevie Nicks is depressing me today.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Where did Stevie Nicks come from?

Anj - water? It's almost lunch time for you, isn't it? Maybe if I throw a clementine in the general direction of north hard enough, it'll get there.

smoking's bad. it's a crutch. I am not sure I'll ever get to a point where I don't instantly want to smoke in response to stress. I'll put them down again, I have confidence in my ability to do that. Just not right now.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I am not sure I'll ever get to a point where I don't instantly want to smoke in response to stress. I never have. I turned to food. Now, I can't turn to food...what's next? Sex, shopping....exercise? ;)

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I have only two cds with me today - sixx am and stevie nicks.

pintobean
01-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Jaime, I'm not going to say anything regarding smoking cuz you know the answer already. All I'll say is that I'm worried for you. You're a strong person and you can.

And sure throw me the clementine. It'll get here :D . Lunch is still an hour and a half away. I eat around 1ish. But today it's not happening. Tomorrow I'll pack some grapefruit.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
smoking's bad. it's a crutch. I am not sure I'll ever get to a point where I don't instantly want to smoke in response to stress. I'll put them down again, I have confidence in my ability to do that. Just not right now.

This is NOT the time to try to quit. With all the stress, success is unlikely and then will only add to your sense of "life is a crap sandwich" which will make you smoke more or eat more or become wildly promiscuous and start dating one of the dirty bus boys at the Ponderosa. Smoke if you need to knowing that you will quit when your life is more organized.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-05-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm eating Clementines right now :)

I'm not a big raisin fan, especially hot raisins.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-05-2009, 11:59 AM
This is NOT the time to try to quit. But...if you had already quit, there is absoluely no valid reason to resume. There has to be a healthy alternative.

Hopefulpinkangel
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Jaime-I agree with Anna about the smoking thing, during an extremely stressful time in your life is not the time to try to quit. Unless you really think you can. Quitting smoking is hard and I would hate to see you start again.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't feel that attached to it this time. Maybe that will change if I let it go on for a long time, but I don't intend to. Avoiding "crap sandwich" syndrome would be nice. It's funny, I never had trouble quitting smoking. I have trouble STAYING quit. I can put it down for months at a time, but I always come back around to them.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I have trouble STAYING quit. I can put it down for months at a time, but I always come back around to them.

A lot of people our age have the same problem (at least in my group of friends). I think it's because we don't consider ourselves "smokers" because we'll go all day and not take a smoke break or because we only smoke when we drink or **** I'd even take days off sometimes.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 12:54 PM
A lot of people our age have the same problem (at least in my group of friends). I think it's because we don't consider ourselves "smokers" because we'll go all day and not take a smoke break or because we only smoke when we drink or **** I'd even take days off sometimes.

If Chris would not leave me for it, this would still be me. It will be 10 years on February 6. Feel free to send gifts.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 12:57 PM
If Chris would not leave me for it, this would still be me. It will be 10 years on February 6. Feel free to send gifts.

Candy cigarettes?

onthetee
01-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Candy cigarettes?

Inadequate.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Help! Kids are having cereal. I want want want.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
OK, went to the msteechur blog. In her podcast, she says that while she was losing 100 pounds, she had a banana split every Sunday night. She allowed for it in her WW points. And she could resist any temptation, knowing that she was going to get that on Sunday.

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Makes perfect sense to me.

chellez
01-05-2009, 01:42 PM
I think I've made my internet rounds this morning so I'm here.

I woke up at 6:00 am and hopped on the treadmill as promised. I think I'll do 30 mins every morning this week to start out then adjust from there. My scale is happy with me again this morning as I'm down another 1/2 a lb. Bear with me cause I'm probably going to weigh myself daily til I get to 199. I need to see that this is working.

Work is a game of cat and mouse today. Call a contractor or a vendor and wait forever for a returned phone call. I paid Daniel's bike payment (with his money) this morning only to find that he was 2 months behind so now I have to re-adjust the budget to fit in another bike payment (unless in my fleeting brain cells moment I've done it already.)

Totally forgot to take out the sausage for dinner tonight before leaving for work... ****

In lighter news tonight I'm having a Dog Whisperer marathon and sorting crap I bought before Christmas in hopes I can actually sell some stuff on etsy.

Jen - Craigslist for the elliptical. The treadmill I bought for $100 works fabulously.

Jaime - Granted I wasn't a hard core smoker, but thinking about smoking now makes my stomach feel icky... Hopefully it will pass.

Anna - I'll take a bowl of ice cream sans banana & cherries. My morning caffeine crash is killer atm.

Heather - P-a-n-d-o-r-a. That is all.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Heather isn't allowed to stream at work. Heather breaks the rule after 5pm and before 8am.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I like the idea of a treat every single week so I know it's coming. It's too much work to bake only one cupcake, cookie, brownie etc (and lets face it I know not to have them around). Maybe I could allow myself to buy my fave key lime pie slice, cupcake etc from the hippie stores once a week.
I was so much better off before I found places around here that knew what vayguns were.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm with H - I'd have to go buy something as my weekly treat, as I can't be trusted to have that kind of stuff around the house. I'd be willing to play with the concept... But I don't really like rewarding myself with food, and I feel like this would degenerate into that.

Chelle - just so long as not seeing a half pound drop on the scale for a few successive mornings won't throw you off track, I'm ok with your obsessive weighing :)

Had a baked potato instead of a salad for lunch. It had broccoli on it. Obviously higher cals than a salad but I really didn't feel like rabbit food this afternoon. Still will be within points, that's all that matters, just a little carb-heavy.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I made baked potatoes last night to have for lunch this week. I have a feeling one will be for dinner instead. Covered in sheese and "bacon".

*runs off to make sure it'll fit into calories of course

chellez
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I baked 60 "lite" cookies earlier this week and I've been really good about only having 1 (or 2 on a low cal day) after dinner. Its my icing on the day... **** that sounded cheesy.

For some reason today me and parenthesis are best friends and I have no clue why.

wearingyourbaby
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Quitting smoking is hard. I finally was able to quit 9 years ago. Of course, I was in the hosptial with an infection, and seriously drugged, so I didn't have the cravings...lol. After that, I avoided drinking, I changed my routine, I would do something else when I was "supposed" to have a cig. Quite honestly, I still have cravings every once and a while.

Today, I have a migraine. Again. I've had one for 5 days now. I'm hoping it goes away, I have a meeting tomorrow, and I'll be around a bunch of kids, too. Thankfully, mine return to school tomorrow, so THAT will help.

I eat the same way I've always eaten. Tomorrow is my "eat out" day. That sounds really bad. I mean, it's my "fast food" day. Much better. I've given up McD's, so I'm hoping we won't meet there tomorrow. We have Chick-fil-a here, so that's a better alternative for us. Today, I've had cereal. I'm hungry for lunch, but I can't cook, so I'll look for something easy. Plus, all the kids are home, so I'm not sure what to make to make everyone happy. hmmm.

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 03:07 PM
As the President of the Raisins for Global Peace and Happiness Coalition, I have to say you people make me cry. And you make the raisins cry.

Bedspread shopping for 4 hours = FAIL.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
I eat the same way I've always eaten. Tomorrow is my "eat out" day. That sounds really bad. I mean, it's my "fast food" day. Much better. I've given up McD's, so I'm hoping we won't meet there tomorrow. We have Chick-fil-a here, so that's a better alternative for us. Today, I've had cereal.

Typically people who have weight loss success don't plan to eat fast food. If there were some reason that I knew I was going to a FF restaurant, I would take my own food rather than eat "fude". There is relatively no nutritional value to it, and it will only impede your success with empty calories.

I don't know if this is your first major weight loss effort, but people who have success plan ahead. They make menus, they only put healthy foods on their grocery lists. They have alternatives ready when they are confronted with foods that will hinder their success. I think everyone in this forum will tell you that when they are not eating low-quality foods, they have greater success.

HTH

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Really? You're sticking up for these guys?

http://www.primetoystore.com/Toys%20for%20sale/everythingelse/californiaraisins.jpg

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Those raisins look like turds. As do regular ones for that matter.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I eat the same way I've always eaten. Tomorrow is my "eat out" day. That sounds really bad. I mean, it's my "fast food" day. Much better. I've given up McD's, so I'm hoping we won't meet there tomorrow. We have Chick-fil-a here, so that's a better alternative for us. Today, I've had cereal. I'm hungry for lunch, but I can't cook, so I'll look for something easy. Plus, all the kids are home, so I'm not sure what to make to make everyone happy. hmmm.

Yeah I don't want to harp on you but how do you plan to lose weight by eating the same as you have? I have no intention of telling you how to raise your children either however as someone who was not taught how to eat well I really wish my parents did not view Chik-fil-a as a treat. Use your eat out day for a healthy splurge. As far as cooking goes, anyone can cook if they can read a recipe ;)

Sorry about the migraine!

onthetee
01-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Those raisins look like turds. As do regular ones for that matter.

Don't say "turd", dear. It is not ladylike.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Bedspread shopping for 4 hours = FAIL.

Were you distracted by shiny things?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't say "turd", dear. It is not ladylike.

turd turd turrrrrrrddddddssssss
man, I'd rather be singing that to you

Manick
01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I like logs and frosting on logs but hold the ants.

Ants are ok if they are golden, but only IN something and not as a stand alone bug.

chellez
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Really? You're sticking up for these guys?

:lol: I was just watching the claymation with them on youtube a few days ago!

I like raisins, but I don't go out of my way to eat them. But they are quite tasty.

Tes- Mind if I ask what kind of cereal you munch on? I'm feeling slightly lazy to look back to see if you mentioned it prior to now.

chellez
01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
I secretly want to try chocolate covered bugs before I die... like real ones... with legs.

And I will dub thee protein.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I secretly want to try chocolate covered bugs before I die... like real ones... with legs.

Not so secret anymore now is it? Just pick up a grasshopper and nom when they start coming out in the spring.

chellez
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Not so secret anymore now is it?

"Secrets secrets are no fun, secrets secrets hurt someone."

or something like that. :dizzy:

wearingyourbaby
01-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I eat the generic special K with strawberries. It's the only kind I really like. I always pay the price when I eat it with milk, tho...I can't have milk or ice cream anymore (Ice cream, not that big 'o deal). Usually I'll have it with yogurt. It's actually quite scrumptious.

I gave up fast food (I used to eat it about 5 times a week---seriously). starting 7 weeks ago, I only have it about 2x's a month...On the days I meet with my "moms" for a meeting. While there, I chose the side salad and the fruit bowl. (Chick-fil-a is SO much better than all the crappy mcd's stuff). I also gave up soda (but not sweet tea!) and, ironically, artificial sweetner. I think that's been helping a lot.

I'm also still nursing, (albeit rarely) so I expect weight loss to be a bit slower than "normal". I still eat "out" about once a week, with my SIL. We generally split a meal (better than eating a whole one myself), and now I've learned a LOT more about what are better restraunt choices.

So...I guess what I mean about eating what I normally eat, I mean the way I've been eating the last 7 weeks. Whatever I've been doing the 7 weeks is making a difference. I've gone from a size (tight) 18 pants, to a now (loose) size 16...probably a 14. While my weight itself hasn't gone down much, my clothes are baggy, and I look a lot better.

Would it be appropriate to show before/current pics here?

chellez
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Would it be appropriate to show before/current pics here?

Share away. I'll go grab my horrible pictures from Christmas so we can compare before pictures

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure you will be able to share, frankly - because of the new member post / longevity requirements. You can try, but you might need to get someone to post them for you.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
<--- had a cookie. There, I said it. It wasn't even that good. I used to love these things. Today it just tasted like sweet, white paste.

wearingyourbaby
01-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure you will be able to share, frankly - because of the new member post / longevity requirements. You can try, but you might need to get someone to post them for you.

Ohhh, yeah. That. If it doesn't work, I'll make Vix do it. I can totally use her that way! :p

chellez
01-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Gah... I forgot that crazy rule...

Here's my Christmas yuckiness...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/3149026012_2e8aed87f9.jpg
Note: Totally not my kid...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/3148245655_95ef3bf950.jpg
I should be shot for 1. not doing my hair properly & 2. taking a picture with in a semi profile view.

Time to :barf:

onthetee
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM

Come for BugFest at the parks dept this summer. They have them chocolate coated, roasted and fried.

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't want to discuss pictures. I just found a memory card with 253 photos on it in the camera the kids use sometimes. Nothing is flattering when you are only 43 inches tall. Not a good view. Some of those pics will be going in the fat Billie pic file for no one to see.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Here is one of me and my sister on NYE - yes we were wearing the same sweater (how does that happen so often?). My hair is ridonkulous-looking, as is the evil expression on my face.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/iamjaime/HPIM0962.jpg

And of course, a very well-worn before photo:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/iamjaime/n1531000_34717673_7044.jpg

30lbs does some good things, but leaves a lot to be asked for.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 05:05 PM
No reason to worry about over eating dinner tonight. bleh. Maybe I can have that cereal now.

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Real raisins don't look like plastic turds. I mean, they aren't super cute or anything, but more attractive than, say, refried beans in a can. Alpo anyone?

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
I had a most unhealthy dinner consisting of a baked potato with EB, sheese, fake bacon and a smartdog on ezekial with onion, mustard and ketchup.

1 - not a real veggie in sight
2 - two fake meat "products"
3 - I will be hungry again I'm sure after run with nary a calorie to spare

4 - at least it was all organic, yes even the catsup and mustard.

I spelled the tomato product both ways in case any of you have weird hangups about the spelling :D

Mrs Snark
01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
I always feel pretentious if I spell it "catsup".

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm more of a ketchup girl myself.

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Jaime - 30 pounds makes such a difference. Did you take arm measurements? They look so slim now.

Off to browse pics but probably will not share.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm more of a ketchup girl myself.

yep

wearingyourbaby
01-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Ok...it won't let me post links or photos, so i'll try to get vix to help me post it.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
forgot to plan for entitlement banana
have to use two flex point equivalents

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
ketchup here, and will not abide talks of catsup in my home.

have stuffed bell peppers in the oven - they smell fantastic, probably because they are taking a bath in beer right now. After dinner I will wait 30 mins and see about hopping on a bike.

Came home to find boxes - boxes of L's things. He's preparing to ship. There are HUGE boxes full of books, like such that I can't really lift them. He thinks USPS is gonna take those?? Pfft. I'll let him learn that lesson.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Came home to find boxes - boxes of L's things. He's preparing to ship. There are HUGE boxes full of books, like such that I can't really lift them. He thinks USPS is gonna take those?? Pfft. I'll let him learn that lesson.

I laugh at his future trip to the UPS store.

he is not screwing around is he?

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
No, he's set. He's resolved. He's standing up for himself or something.

Let's see if he asks me for a ride to the post office with these. I'd be happy to oblige, but I will not offer. He's not good at asking for things. It's a 30 minute walk to the post office...

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I am dying thinking of L struggling down the street one heavy box at a time.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Okay girls we need to figure something out for Heather. On Tuesdays and Thursday I have that damn class from 6-10. This means I need to either bring dinner or get dinner on the way. This also means I'm going to have to eat at about 5 which is a bit before I like to. Am I just going to have to adapt? Any ideas?

zinkemomx2
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Is there any chance you can eat finger foods in class?

I'm gonna laugh when the USPS tells him no. I would think UPS Global would probably be cheaper.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
If you don't want to eat so early, bring stuff you can eat in class... Remember, no noisy packaging or strong smells, those will make you self-conscious. Getting something on the way gets expensive and will be less healthy. You know what to do.........

onthetee
01-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I am dying thinking of L struggling down the street one heavy box at a time.

I am imagining him trying to take the bus to the PO with all of them.

Okay girls we need to figure something out for Heather. On Tuesdays and Thursday I have that damn class from 6-10. This means I need to either bring dinner or get dinner on the way. This also means I'm going to have to eat at about 5 which is a bit before I like to. Am I just going to have to adapt? Any ideas?

I am sure that you will have a break in there. I say whatever you would have for dinner, break it up. Half before you leave, half at the break.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok ladies, if I'm going to go, I'm going to go now.

Going to change and park my behind on an exercycle for an indeterminate amount of time. Have a phone date at 8pm, so I best get while the getting's good.

pintobean
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Jaime, I'm waiting to hear what L decides to do. :)

Heather, I'm sure you'll get a break. I'd suggest eating your dinner early but take a snack with you and water. Maybe PB and celery or something similar which is easy to munch on and satisfying. With a full stomach chances are you'll be less distracted in the class :D. And in the event the break is short it's easy to finish a snack than to hurry eating the dinner and not enjoy it. Plus chances are you won't get a break till probably 7:30/8ish and it might be too late for din din. I don't know what time you normally eat dinner but I'm assuming not that late.

Manick
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Heather, wraps! Ezekiel and/or La Tortilla whole wheat wraps. (Ezekiel gets tiring for me after about the 5th one in a week) Stuff with hummus and roasted veggies and apple/peanut butter for desert. Also good with red sauce and crumbles of 'meat'/protein type stuff and spinach leaves. White bean hummus for lower fat. Falafel? (Oh, I love falafel and tahini sauce) I am getting hungry now!

onthetee
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Heather, wraps!

Brilliant.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
All good ideas girls. I'm sure we'll have a break but I doubt a microwave or anything. I don't want to stop on the way really (well earth fare IS near by ;)) but the purse strings are pretty thight around here these days. Tomorrow I'm going to eat b4 I go and take some pretzels with me and will see how that is. From other people I've talked to the class is normally over more like 9:15 so here's hoping.

suitejudyblueeyes
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
35 mins on elliptical done - knee only felt funky once or twice when I tried to push and go way fast. Learned not to do that. We'll see if there are any ill effects by the morning.

Hurray for first time exercising since the day after Thanksgiving....

By the way, going backwards on the elliptical is HARD! Holy moly.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Good job Jaime!

My legs want, nay need a break. Tomorrow they will get one. Now my brain, not so much.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 08:01 PM
I do not go backwards on the elliptical. Painful.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Hmm. I go forwards 5 minutes then backwards 5 minutes and just keep repeating on ellipical. I don't notice that much of a difference.

onthetee
01-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Hmm. I go forwards 5 minutes then backwards 5 minutes and just keep repeating on ellipical. I don't notice that much of a difference.

Ya gotta be kiddin' me.

Fat Chick B Gone
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
I kid thee not. Girl's got some strong gams ;)