Support Groups - Slim Down Sisters: Version 2009!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Slim Down Sisters: Version 2009!

JasonsLea
01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Here's our thread for the new year, girls!

Wendy, Ro, Aimee, Randee, Courtnie.....GET OVER HERE! :dizzy:

JasonsLea
01-01-2009, 09:55 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :celebrate:
I hope you all had a fantastic and safe New Years Eve. I hung out with my friend Desi, got to met her mother, family, and friends. People were drinking, eating :o, smoking, having a good time. We popped (illegal :D) fireworks and chilled. Got home around 4:30 and slept all day long. WI today was up around three lbs but no surprise considering last night. I'm cool with it. ;) For those who were wondering, I've been without my computer for the last couple of days. Basically, my mama brought me about 1 GB of memory and a new dvd drive to have installed so I can start my WAH job. She also paid my cable bill (totally surprise!) so my internet would be up and running. How on earth did a wonderful woman like that get stuck with a daughter like me? :?: So I'm back in the game! Sooner I start working this other job, the sooner I can get Leonidas whatever he needs. :)

back at it
01-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Hello!!!!

I'm here and looking forward to losing some weight!! I'm down 2 lbs from Monday, most likely water weight but I'll take the loss :). I'll be hitting the gym sometime today and then do some grocery shopping, good thing to because RJ says theres nothing to eat! LOL!
Shari- you deserve a great mama, because you are great!!Like mother like daughter. Love ya!
Enjoy your day everyone!!!!

SwimGirl
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Happy New Years Girls!! Good to see you all posting again! Not much going on my end, just dealing with some really crappy weather, and all the Christmas stuff at work. Busy times!

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Happy New Year all!! My bf and I (yes, I hooked me a boyfriend lol) went out with his mom, her bf and his brother. It was alright. We went to a local hick bar with realllllllllllllllly bad karaoke!! We tried to make the best out of it (it was a bar his mom and her bf went to alot).

Im going to start watching what I eat on Monday. Its hard right now with all the goodies still in the house. Rob, my bf, and I are going to start walking when he gets off work, and watching what we eat..I.E.. no more fast food!!

Anyhoo..just wanted to write a quick post. Gotta get off the computer..ive been on it all day! Rob and I got addicted to the Sims games lol

Talk soon :)

back at it
01-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone!! Just going for a big grocery shop today, getting all the nice healthy food! I haven't been to the gym yet this year, sad really but something always seems to come up. Tomorrow after school I'll be going though! =)

back at it
01-05-2009, 09:17 AM
WAHOOOOO!!! I'm down another LB!! Thats 3 in one week!! :)
Have a good day ladies! I'm off to school!

purplecrush
01-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Way to go!! Keep up the good job!!!

Im sooooooooooooooo glad the kids are in school again!! We had a major snow storm (which we dont GET where im at) they ended up with 3 weeks off instead of just 2! I planned on doing absolutly NOTHING today!! but.....I think im going to set up the Wii Fit for me and play around on that!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

JasonsLea
01-06-2009, 07:49 PM
:wave: girls!

Ugh, seriously? Can nothing go right for me? Mama buys me the memory I need and my computer decides to CRAP OUT on me! *breathe* I spent the last two days trying to battle those old feelings. This is not the time to get depressed!

I printed out my 30 day free pass for Ballys and went today. It was nice, quite nerve wreaking. He asked me about my goals and I told him I'm all about de-stressing right now. These money problems are affecting every aspect of my life. Work is depressing, there really is no other word for it.

Things will work out, things will work out, things WILL work out!

back at it
01-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Shari- yes, things will work out!! (((HUGS)))

Just another day around here. Nothing exciting to report, just thought I'd stop by and say "hi".

purplecrush
01-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Shari- Things WILL work out!! Its funny,well not too funny, but the same thing happened with my old computer!!! Upgraded memory...then it died on me!!!

I havent printed out my Ballys pass...not sure if I would really actually work out there. Ballys is kinda one of those places, IMHO, that you have to work out and get in shape...BEFORE you work out at Ballys LOL.

Have a wonderful day!!

P.S. Where is everyone???

SwimGirl
01-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Hey ladies! I've been exercising up a storm lately, and then today I threw out my back... grrr! Hopefully I'll be better for tomorrow so I can get back at 'er! Diet not doing so great, but definitely not horrible! I say this as we wait for wings and salad to arrive.

Shari - I hope things get better for yah! You definitely deserve it! My computer has been acting up lately as well, something in the air perhaps? It's my battery, so my laptop has to be plugged in at all time, could be worse!

purple - welcome back! Congrats on the loss! We are dealing with the same snow you are, the city was crippled for weeks! On my way home from work on Christmas Eve it took me 3 hours!! 1 of the 3 buses to get me home was running, it was terrible! Luckily I got a ride part of the way :)

-Aimee

back at it
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Bump!! ;)

Whats new ladies??

SwimGirl
01-10-2009, 04:16 AM
Drank a little too much tonight! Oops! Thats definitely not on plan!! But I feel younger for it.. lol... it was fun to go to the clubs again! Now I gotta sleep..

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Hows everyone doing?

Me, Im sore as heck!! I did the Wii fit yesterday and I love the Hula Hoops!! but daaaaaang it made my sides and back sore!! I didnt realize a childhood game was such a workout lol

Do any of you use it and if so, what are your favorite games?

JasonsLea
01-14-2009, 01:01 AM
:wave: everyone!

I decided to forgo the gym membership right now. I really DO NOT have the money or even a reliable way to get there! We'll see how my situation is in 6 months.

Leonidas is doing okay. I think his hips are getting worse. :(

I lost all the water weight from New Years Eve on my last weigh in but TOM started Sunday so this week's WI is going to be messed up. :dz:

Work is depressing and a hassle. Just waiting on Mama to order my memory so I can start the second job and finally get some money coming in.

I guess I'm back! :D

back at it
01-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I girls, just checking in.
Stayed home today and probably tomorrow as it's to cold for the school buses to run so Ryan has to stay home. This morning it was -49 C. Tomorrow looks about the same :(
Hope you are all well!

purplecrush
01-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone :) Just checking in also. Still hanging in there, doing Wii Fit, doing my WW and drinking my water. I lost 1.8 last week. Im excited to see on Sunday, how much I lost.

Well gotta go, Cody has a band concert this morning so I gotta get him up and ready (hes WAYYYY worse than a girl primping lol)

Rosario
01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
hi guys!!! It's been way too long.

I haven't been doing much on my weight loss struggles so far. I promise, promise, promise to get back on top of things and back to posting. I want to see how everyone is!!

Randee - wtg on your losses so far (and on hooking that bf! ;))

wendy - I wish it was too cold over here for me to go to work!!! Kids are so lucky!!

shari - poor puppy!! what's going on with him!!

aimee - how've you been??? I've missed ya!!

tomorrow's the big day. I have to weigh myself and see where I am and start the ball rolling. I've already wasted 2 weeks of the new year!! No more!!!

:wave:

back at it
01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Glad to have you back Ro!!

SwimGirl
01-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Girls! I am still plugging away over here, exercising almost every day, I've only taken 2 days off since January 1st! Gotta tweak the diet though, thats always the hardest part for me!

Rosario - welcome back! I'm doing pretty good, work is going good, things are good with Josh and I.. how's things with you?

-Aimee

back at it
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
ACK! 40 days till my trip south and still 6ish LBS to go....HELP!!!!

Have a good day everyone!I'll check in later.

purplecrush
01-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone! So im still doing Wii Fit. I find it fun, so that makes me do it lol...Im eating good too..the only thing I have to work on is drinking that dang water!!

Ro-Thanks!! Losing weight is NOT easy! Thats why it helps to be here, around friends :) Thanks about the boyfriend too :) Hes one of a kind!

Rob and I are going to start walking tonight. Its sooo cold outside but im not going to make any excuses! I need to walk and if hes willing to go with me, then heck, who am I to say no??

My main goal today will have to be NOT EAT SO MUCH CAKE!! its my sister AND my nieces birthday today!! And im sure my sister will have our favorite Banana cake from this awesome bakery down the road :( wish me luck!!

Have a great day ladies!

back at it
01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Randee, how did it go with the cake?And the walk? I know about the cold, it's still -44C here, supposed to warm up overnight though to -27C.

Well, I actually went on the s/bike tonight w/tension for 1/2 an hour so my legs are feeling a bit like jello. I'm thinking I'll hit the gym tomorrow, I have to hit goal even if it kills me! haha!
Have a good night everyone!

JasonsLea
01-17-2009, 02:18 AM
:wave: girls.

How is everyone doing? I spent the day thinking and trying not to sink and came to two decisions....

#1 I'm going to go ahead and file my taxes. This might not make sense to yall but it's a big deal for me. Last year was my first substantial return and I had to spend it all on bills. :( I swore up and down this year would be different. I was going to get the WAH job and get my bills in order so that when I did file my taxes, I could use the return funds on ME. Of course, my computer crapping out on me has changed everything. I either file my taxes and use the money to get my bills straight, or lose my apartment. This is really depressing to me because I next to never have any money to spend on myself. But Leonidas and I need a roof over our head and he needs to see a vet ASAP....

#2 I'm bringing back my siggy piggy bank. After I choked down the idea of using my taxes on bills again, I thought of what I wanted to buy most of all with that money (besides a car): a red Ipod. Oh, I'm still getting my Ipod. But I have to lose the weight to get it. $5 a lb plus whatever I save from resisting fast food.

:dz:

I need to get my Netflix back. I'm thinking of trying WATP. :running:

Ro ~ So glad you are back! Leonidas is having major hip problems.

Randee ~ How did it go???

Aimee ~ WTG on the exercise! I need to get back to it.

Wendy ~ You can totally lose 6lbs in 40 days!

back at it
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello !! Man, is it ever quiet here! :(

Just getting ready to head out to the gym today!! =) and then get some homework done, busy week ahead of me again!
Catch ya all later!

SwimGirl
01-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Hey Girls! Still exercising! Actually exercising MORE! We bought a wii and a wii fit today, so far so good! Josh thinks he's going to use it too, so good investment! We got a little carried away playing just the regular games today, I think we played tennis for a couple of hours. lol.

Shari - I don't think of it as an option, I've been doing 30 day shred, I am on day 15, I've taken 2 days off this month. I don't count January 1st since I was hung over, heh. Good 10 dollar investment I think! I still use my tax return money to pay bills, I always say I'm going to use it for something else, but the responsible bone in my body won't let me use it for anything else. Hang in there, things will get better!

-Aimee

purplecrush
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Aimee- first of all..I love your pic! I love the Wii Fit..its fun . I really love the Super Hula Hoop.

I didnt have ANY cake but we didnt end up walking. I watch my niece 3 days a week and she didnt get picked up till 8 :30. I didnt want to take her out (shes 4) into the freezing cold. Its been super windy here the last few days. So I just did a walking program in my house lol

I lost 2.2 lbs this week! I finally broke the 240's! Im 239.0! I never want to get in the 40's again! It took me soooo long to get out of it!

JasonsLea
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM

I'm feeling pretty good today. I did my taxes for the first time all by myself last night! :cool: I used Turbotax and got the email from the IRS this morning saying that the return was accepted and I should get my refund by the 30th. Thank god. Things seem to be (temporarily) looking up. :halffull:

My eating was mostly on plan today. I did eat a little piece of a piece of cake at work and two miniature chocolate bars but at least I didn't eat the whole piece of cake.....along with another piece and another like I usually do. :o I followed my gut. It was lemon cake and I really just wanted to taste the frosting and I did! :D I've already guzzled one jug of water and I'm going to finish the second one after I get off the computer and settle down to watch The Simpsons. :)

Aimee ~ I still want the Wii. My friend Sunshine has one and last time I was back in Bama, I played for the first time and had so much fun! We spent hours on Wii Tennis too! :lol:

Randee ~ WTG! :celebrate:

SwimGirl
01-21-2009, 03:11 AM
The wii weighed me today with a 3.7 loss!! Woohoo! I am excited with that, I have a pretty hefty goal to hit before Easter, so it's nice to see me getting on my way! No working out today, I slept in, I realllly needed it! And a day off isn't a bad thing really!

Randee - Thanks! :) You are the first person to notice and comment on my picture! I appreciate it! Do you use the wii to weigh yourself? I'm thinking of putting away mine, since the wii tracks everything.

Shari - I got SO into tennis that I hurt my arm! It's just feeling normal again today. My muscles were aching all day yesterday! The wii fit is super fun too!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-21-2009, 03:59 AM
WOOOT! WTG Aimee!

purplecrush
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Aimee- actually, I havent looked at the weight thing on the Wii..I just play Super Hula Hoops lol...maybe Ill go sneak on it and find out lol

Yesterday I ended up walking 6 miles! I did 2 miles at home [gotta love OnDemand] and walked 4 miles at a track with a childhood friend I havent seen since grade school! Im sore, but its a good sore!!

Have a great day! Gotta eat breakfast!

back at it
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone!!! Just checking in.
Aimee~ congrats on your loss!!

I want a Wii!!!!! :(

SwimGirl
01-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Randee - the wii fit age is the whole fun!! Everyday I do the weight, balance exercises and then you get the wii fit age! Sooo fun! They have a goal setting thing too. I love it!

Wendy - thanks! I got the wii fit because a gym membership isn't an option for me, and I think it was cheaper. So it was totally worth it for me. Like tonight, nooo way was I gonna make it to the gym, and instead I can workout in my pjs bottoms and a tank!

Tomorrow I will be doing my measurements to compare again the beginning of the month. hopefully i'll have lost some serious inches, seeing as I've gained some weight!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Randee ~ Good job!

Wendy ~ I want a Wii too. I might make that one of my rewards.

Aimee ~ I'm going to do my measurements on the first. I really should start keeping track of those.

SwimGirl
01-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Shari - my measurements are the only thing keeping me going this month! I actually gained 8 pounds from January 1st!! So the weight loss I have on my ticker is from when I got my wii, I'm going to let that machine track my weight loss from now on. I did lose quite a few inches, and I sometimes look at the book where I record it and then keep at it.

I exercised TWICE today! woohoo! I am really trying to get this weight off, 26 pounds to go! I think with this diet thing I've been doing I'll see a loss tomorrow (the wii wants you to weigh everyday!!). So fingers crossed!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
01-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Wii tells me I lost another pound! Yay! If I keep this up I will definitely reach my goal! I can't help but worry that Josh and I won't be able to keep this up.. I am trying to be positive.. but it's in the back of my head. One day at a time!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-24-2009, 04:03 AM
WOOOT Aimee!

So payroll took half of my check for medical insurance today. Seriously, half my check! I only get around $323 every two weeks (that's why I'm so broke!) and they took $148. I went to work early and talked to them, basically there was a screwup and they took out too much (duh!). We fixed it and the overflow will be (supposedly) posted to my next paycheck. If it wasn't for the fact that I should be getting my tax refund within the next week, I WOULD HAVE HIT THE ROOF! But I was like whatever and laughed a little. I also ran into Joe, the HR guy and asked him about anymore valet openings. The valet position is my only way out of nutrition and food right now. The only way! He looked me right in the eye and said 'You really want to get out of there, don't you?' No shyt! I thought I had stressed the fact that I need to get out of this department the first time I met him! :rolleyes: I'm just hoping that he can do the same thing he did for Louie for me and get me the **** out of that department ASAP!

JasonsLea
01-28-2009, 03:06 AM

The last two days have been wearing down on my emotions, and it's seeping into my physical being. Right now, I'm fighting a mad headache and the last two days, I've been so wore out. Yesterday, it hit me right between the eyes that Leonidas might not get better. Then today, I took him over to Susie's because a freezing cold front came in and her apartment is way warmer than my own. We were talking on the porch when the vivid reality that I might have to put him down presented itself. I just broke down and cried. I don't want to put down Leonidas, I love him so much. He's happy, I see it in his face everyday, but what kind of life can he live not being able to walk? It doesn't help that my supposed BFF isn't around to talk to. I'm so sick and tired of having my feelings walked over, no apologies, I decided it will be up to her to repair this relationship. Of course, with emotional turmoil, I had to try to fill the void with food. Are you ready for this? In one hour I consumed: a Jalisco burrito, a pint of ice cream, a king size Snickers, a jalapeno cheese hot dog, and a pepsi. Epic fail. I'm sorry I'm so depressing, I'm only able to put on a fake happy face in person. :(

SwimGirl
01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Shari - sorry to hear about Leonidas, thats a really hard decision, I wish you all the luck with figuring everything out! We have to get you a new job lady! One of my part time girls at work was complaining because her paychecks were 700 bucks every 2 weeks, and I actually felt sorry for her! Now I do not! Are you working full time? Sounds like you are underpaid to me! VERY underpaid!

I am still puttering along here... weight loss seem's to have reversed, I had a few bad meals and made the mistake of weighing myself after a salty, wheat-y dinner (wheat makes me instantly gain). I am NOT changing my ticker, I am hoping it'll go back to the ticker weight by Saturday, and if not, then I will change it. I had to take a couple days off from working out due to some weird stomach stuff, but I got back at it yesterday. I keep trying to remind myself that it's 80% diet, but thats a hard one for me. Stupid food!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
01-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Aimee ~ I'm a parttimer. There seems to be no full time positions open in sight. If I was fulltime in my current postion, I would be making a little less than $700 every two weeks and I would NOT be complaining....at least not about the pay. I have to keep reminding myself that it's 80% diet too!

WI today: 263

Epic fail. :(

I hope I am able to turn it around by next weigh in. Today was a good day. No soda, high fiber, good cal intake, and lots of water. I realized that I haven't been taking my vitamins and chugging alot of soda which I know added to my depression the last few days.

SwimGirl
01-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Shari - I am totally with you on the weight = fail. Wii tells me I am at 265 this morning, down 0.2, but up 2. Having a weight problem sucks. But we gotta do it! This is our one life, and we have to live it to its fullest! I am relieved that you are only working part time, I was worried that you were getting that much working full time! I had been a part time person forever,ever. Technically I still am, I only work 30-32 hours a week. My advice is always pick something, one thing, and go after it like there is nothing else in the world. Thats how I got to the position I am in now. Which I LOVE! I also used to pick up hours everywhere, I always cancelled with friends, family, everyone to work. Sucked, but it got me where I am! I will send positive vibes your way though!

We rearranged the bedroom last night, and now the mirror is unobstructed. I took a good long look at my body yesterday, and it's not actually what I pictured. It was hard. Today I am doing much better with the diet, and the exercise. Since I am not working today it will be a double workout day, might as well take advantage of that! Diet-wise, I'm doing good, trying the "everything in moderation" thing with my diet. And when I was hungry at the mall I got a frozen yogurt with fresh fruit instead of anything else. I wish I didn't hate counting calories so much, one day maybe.. just not ready for that yet. Thats my babbling..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-02-2009, 03:51 AM
Saturday, I put Leonidas down.

I took him to the vet that morning and we found out that his bottom half was paralyzed. No amount of surgery would have helped him gain use of his legs again. Susie asked me if I wanted to take him home but after the doctor told me that basically his only option was to be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, I knew what I had to do. How could I let him go through life never bounding through the grass again? Never playing fetch or tug of war? I couldn't let him become a vegetable because I wanted to be selfish. Mentally, I took a knife and dug a piece of my heart out. I looked him in the eyes as they gave him the shot. It was over so quickly, less than a breath. I held him and prayed that he knew how much I loved him and that I was sorry.

Rosario
02-02-2009, 12:48 PM
shari - :hug: I'm so sorry!! Poor baby. I know it was probably the hardest thing to do but it was the right thing. You couldn't let him go on suffering. But he's in a better place now, where he doesn't feel any pain and where he'll get to play and run around forever. Hang in there sweetie.

I was going to post something, but shari made me cry...I'll be back.

SwimGirl
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Shari - I'm so sorry to hear about Leonidas! You definitely made the right choice, so have faith in that. Now it's time to grieve your loss.

-Aimee

back at it
02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Shari, I'm so sorry for your loss but know in your heart that you did what was best for Leonidas. My thought are with you Hun, I know how hard it is to lose a pet( read member of the family).

purplecrush
02-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh Shari :hug: I am so sorry for your loss!! He did know that you loved him, dont worry!! I got all teary- eyed when I read that. Again, Im sorry!!

As for me, I had a awesome time at the coast this weekend and really dont wanna weigh in this week. We ate nothing but junk food this weekend, with going to the beach AND Superbowl..ugh

My tummy STILL hurts from all that crap!

back at it
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
I started back at the gym yesterday!!! I feel good!
My car broke down on the way to work today so after I got it back home it was 9:30, an hour late for work already so I used my parents car and went to the gym instead of work! LMAO! I'm heading to work now though, so an easy day is what I have today!!!

Rosario
02-03-2009, 05:13 PM
sorry about that yesterday...i just got so emotional about shari's puppy.

I'm back! yes and this time permanently. being fat has just really gotten to me and I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of being exhausted all the time, and of not being confident in myself and in my relationship (looooong story). So it's just time for me to say screw it all and get to it! I think I owe myself that much!

wendy - WTG on the gym!! If I could, i'd rather go to the gym than work. There's just nothing really appealing about sitting on my butt for 8 hours a day. I need a new career!!!

randee - sorry about your bad weekend. but the thing is not to let it turn into a week. you can do it!!

aimee - I hate counting calories too!! that's why I just decided to eat smaller portions and not concentrate on how many calories I'm consuming. Also trying to stay away from junk food. It's just too tiring. and that makes eating right boring and makes it harder to stick with it. are you still doing the shred?

I haven't worked out yet, but I've been eating way less. no money = no junk food! the scale was way down this morning so I hope it stays down for my monday weigh in.

It's good to be back girls!!

SwimGirl
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Still plugging away over here! I started counting calories, today is day 4, I just realized that I started on Feb 1st, good way to keep track of how many days anyways! I am determined to go hard for 7 days, see if I actually see any results, and then decide if it's worth it. I gave myself and a friend a good pep talk the other day, we were talking about how we hate calorie counting.. she is going off to find a nutritionist and is going to try and find a way around it. If I were her nutritionist I would say "suck it up princess", heh. And so I'm sucking it up!! I am still exercising, I thought I'd be able to keep it up to exercise every day, but oh my! With only one week off I completely forgot how exhausting my job really is! So I'm aiming for 5 days a week instead. Wii tells me I am down 1.8 pounds this morning, I am very excited for that!! Last night was HARD, I went to dinner with some cosmetics girls... they got burgers, sandwiches, pasta.. but since I am only eating wheat at 1 meal a day (and never dinner), I had a seasonal greens salad with grilled chicken on top! And instead of pop I got a strawberry spritzer, which had club soda in it, so still has the bubbly feeling I love. I am sooo addicted to pop :( I was quite proud of myself!

Rosario - I am still doing the shred, I am on level 3 day 5. Level 3 is HARD, but very enjoyable. I actually look forward to doing it, can't say that about level 2 though. I started listening to my own music during level 1 and 2 because they were pretty boring for me - don't get me wrong, they were a good good workout, but boring for some reason. Are you still doing it? They have a thread going in the 20-somethings, it was great the first time I did it because everyone was posting every day, and so it was great for accountability when I didn't feel like doing it. I guess now that it's been a month since I started doing it, I might be making it a habit? It feels effortless to make the time to do it, plus it helps that its only 28 minutes!! I wish I could hire someone to count my calories for me.. lol... I have a very cute notebook for it though!

-Aimee

sotypical
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys :wave:

purplecrush
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I just did 2 hours on the Wii Fit. I love the boxing thing! I cant do the advance yet (I tried lol) but im not that coordinated lol..I love the free step. I did the 30 minute one while watching The Gilmore Girls lol..I had to listen to the girl count so I wouldnt get off rhythm lol I need to start my own little "Challenge" to do the Wii Fit daily!! I forgot how much I like it. I dont really like the yoga or the strength ones though lol...basically just the aerobics. I wonder if they will make more workouts for the Wii Fit

Hows everyone else doing?

SwimGirl
02-06-2009, 02:25 AM
I have had this weird pain for a couple of weeks, I think I gotta go see a doctor. Geez I hate it when body's don't cooperate! Don't know when I'll go, but hopefully it's not an ulcer. I am not sleeping so well either.. ugh.. sorry, I just had to vent. I am worried because nothing is taking away the pain :(

-Aimee

Rosario
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
a quick hello before I forget!

aimee-definitely go get that pain checked out. it's better to be safe than sorry. I was never able to get past level 1 of the shred. I did one week of level 1 and I haven't worked out since. But I really want to start it up again. I just haven't had the energy to do it :( way to go on staying OP for dinner! I'd never be able to give up soda ever!! I love the bubbles going down my throat and the way my eyes water when you take that first drink! LOL I'm obsessed. I have to try one of those spritzers one day.

randee - WTG on your exercise. I love the wii. even just playing wii sports is a pretty good workout. I'd love to get the wii fit, but right now can't afford it, so I'll have to try to stick to some workout dvds (If I ever start them).

courtnie - Hey!!! how've you been?? stick around for a while!!

well, my eating hasn't been too good, but the scale was still down this a.m. could be a fluke but I'll just have to wait and see on Monday. The working out thing is no go right now. I wish I had Aimee's discipline!! I can't seem to workout! It should be gettign easier since it's still light outside when I get home. Getting home in the dark is a real energy killer. I don't know if it's the cold or my diet, but I just can't seem to do it! <sigh>

Have a good Friday girls!!

sotypical
02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Ro - I am going to try and stick around. My online habits seem to have taken a 360! I used to spend a lot of time on message boards but now I don't go near them. I have also lost all interest in blogging... weird.

I am still on weight watchers and its not totally working for me, didn't help that I gained about 5 pounds over xmas.... weigh is in an hour so I hope for my sake I see a bigger loss then 0.2 this week. I have been eating well and exercising, so we will see!

I am pretty excited, I am getting a new exercise bike! A co-worker is selling me her barley used really nice recumbent bike - so I am totally excited!

It is nice to hear all you guys loving your wii, I have been totally lazy and mine has been collecting dust for months... I am afraid to get on it again and see my Mii get even fatter!

SwimGirl
02-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Yesterday might have been the worst day I've had in a long long time! Omigosh! I had to work overtime - 1 hour, and all I wanted to do was sleep! Two nights with little to no sleep was just not a good thing, I finally got a decent sleep last night... and tonight will be better... thanks to some sleeping pills! I am still counting calories like crazy, exercising as much as I can. So I am pleased with how I'm doing, I weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping for the 250's! Fingers crossed for me!

Rosario - you really should try and stick with the shred, I had such great results with my body! After 10 days on that level I would still go on to level 2, it's a really hard level, just really modify everything. You body will continue to get stronger, it's amazing! This will definitely give you energy, you can't make it an option. I sometimes do it after being on my feet for 9.5 hours, and trust me... if it gives me energy.. it'll surely do the same for you! I do love pop, but I am trying to my best to quit it. Regular stuff has too much sugar and diet stuff prevents the body from losing weight.. it's a lose-lose situation :(

Courtnie - wow! Welcome back! I also go thru phases with the internet, you'll be back ;)

-Aimee

back at it
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Morning!
Not up to much today cleaning house and heading to the gym for a workout.Sad to say that since i've been back at the gym I've gained weight...guess it's from actually using muscles?? LOL! So no 2 peice bathing suits for my trip, I'm back to old faithful :(
Have a good week everyone!!

JasonsLea
02-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Sorry I've been MIA. Things have kinda been crappy in my life. No big surprise there. :rolleyes: Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I made the spur-of-the-moment decision to take in a stray. He's been with me for about four days and I guess its nice to have another living being in the house. I miss Leonidas like crazy but I know it'll stop hurting so much eventually. TOM started Thursday so I just skipped that WI. My internet/cable was cut off so I'm going to be a computer nomad for a while. :dizzy: My supervisor has been riding my azz and I've had enough! I'm going to the union tomorrow morning. If it wasn't for my 401k and health insurance, I would have quit this horrific job a long time ago. I'm trying to be logical, the economy is in the toilet and it's hard to find work. This job is bad for my mental and emotional health, I know. Then the food stamp people are making things difficult, I will not have my benefits this month so I had to use the money for my cable to buy food. *sigh*

I miss you all and hope I can be back fulltime soon!

:grouphug:

SwimGirl
02-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I switched a shift at work so that I have the morning off on Tuesday, so I will be finally going to the doctor to check out my self diagnosed ulcer. Not entirely self diagnosed, I've been told by my brother and mother to get checked for an ulcer, they really think it is one. We'll see though! Too many signs point that way, so I guess I'll find out on Tuesday! I weighed this morning, down .3. LOL, its funny to see such a small difference and still get excited about it. 260.1, sooo close to the 250's! The wii actually got mad at me for not weighing for 3 days! Darn you machine! I took a couple days off from exercise due to the pain, but I got back at 'er this morning. It felt good!

Shari - just keep focused on your goals and things will get better! Stay positive! And know we are always here if you need anything!

-Aimee

Rosario
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
hey chicas!

I had a lazy weekend. I didn't work out at all. But I must be doing something right because I was down 2 pounds for the week. I guess cause I haven't been eating too much. I want bigger numbers though. And I'm ready to work for it!!

aimee - good luck at the drs. remember every little ounce counts!! hope your sleeping is better. try not to rely on sleeping pills so much. read this book about some lady who got addicted to the stuff and disaster ensued. I am most def sticking with the shred. I lost inches the first week last time!! I am definitely looking forward to starting it again!

courtnie - maybe you should get back to posting regularly. might be a good habit, no? it can't hurt! :) congrats on the new bike!! I would kill for an elliptical machine!!

shari - :hug: hang in there girl. take it one day at a time and have faith that everything will get better for you.

wendy- muscles are good for you!!! so don't despair over the slight gain in the scale. soon enough you'll be going down, down, down....!!

I'm going to go get my workout on gals. have a good day!!!

back at it
02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Anyone want to go skating?? LOL! Winnipeg is like one huge skating rink right now, very dangerous to drive.
I'm back to 143...down 2 lbs from a few days ago, I'll be jumping on the s/bike tonight for a spin, not chancing those road just to go to the gym when I have everything here basically.
School buses were cancelled so my boy didn't go to school but I made it. Tomorrow is supposed to be worse so I'm not to sure if I'm going to venture out, I think it would be like suicide if I did. My boss already is PO'd at me so whats 1 more day! LMAO!
Anyway, I better go, homework beckons!
Night!

SwimGirl
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
back at it - I talked to my grandma tonight about your weather - it's very BC winter!! We were talking and she said it had stopped raining, which is a BAD thing! The weather is never good when it hovers around freezing!

Rosario - you know whats weird? In level 1 I lost a lot of inches too, but in level 2 and 3? Like none! But level 3 goes SO fast, its great! I am not taking real sleeping pills, just the ones you can buy in a drug store, but I am watching to make sure nothing bad happens. Hopefully the doctor has a cure for the ulcer, and then I can be all better and sleep normally!

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey girls! I have a question/problem...what are you doing for your guys for Valentines Day?? I want to do something special for him, but not sure what. Any ideas/suggestions would be great!!!

I have 5 more lbs to go to hit my Valentines day goal and I wont make it. I cant believe that im losing soooooo slowly...I know, all in all, its a good thing, but geez! 5 lbs in a whole month is nothing! I used to lose 5 lbs in a week! Im frustruated with myself..UGH

Well ill be back later, gotta go do Wii Fit some more!

SwimGirl
02-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Randee - Josh and I don't do Valentines day, so I don't know :( Plus I'm not romantic even slightly! I have to admit I was disappointed with what was happening with my weight loss, so I had the worst cheat day today! I am back at 'er tomorrow! What is your plan that you are doing? Still WW? I do notice I see a bigger difference in my weight when I eat less breads and more veggies, how about something like that to shake things up?

Cosmetic school was good today, I went with my friend and we giggled far too much! We got 2 free products, lipstick and an illuminator. Both of which I'll use, so that part is good. I was hoping for eyeshadow, lol. My friend also showed me how to improve on my cat eye I've been practicing! I love her! She's seriously the most amazing makeup artist I've ever met! Anyways, I also went to the doctor, he ignored half my symptoms, but did find out that I had blood in my urine - which I guess means bladder infection. Doesn't really solve the stomach issues though. But hopefully thats where all the pain is coming from, and it'll go far far away! Thats all for me, definitely don't wanna report on my food and exercise today, unless shopping counts as exercise ;)

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, I got a black lacy baby doll night gown. Its gorgeous!! Rob will love it! I also got some chocolate body paint, massage oils, love coupons and some naughty conversations hearts. I put them all in a cute red heart basket. This is something that he will love. Hes super romantic and very sensual...so I think I scored. Hes taking me out for dinner..he also asked me what ring size I wear lol...that kinda made me nervous lol..

As for me, im still doing WW..I have 5 more lbs till Ive lost 50 lbs! Its gone by slow, but its still 50 lbs!!

Ill write more later, gotta get my coffee :)

SwimGirl
02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Randee - sounds like a good match for you!! I'm so happy for you! I have to be honest, if I ever found a man like yours I'd be like a fish out of water, lol... which is why I'm with Josh.. he's my good match :)

So I'm right back at dieting this morning! I slept pretty good last night, I got a hot water bottle and put it on my sore side, and it really helped :) Yay, so glad I discovered that! TOM started yesterday, so the scale was up 3 pounds this morning, so I didn't get on the wii fit, because it weighs you. Well, I am off to make my lunch for work!

-Aimee

Rosario
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
aimee - I hate doctors! sorry about the sickness but hopefully you're better in no time. Awww, I want to go to cosmetic schools. Do you learn about make-ups or how to apply it? I'd love to dabble in make-up artistry (?) . It sounds like superfun!

randee- what you have for vday sounds awesome already. You should try baking something for him. If he's romatical like you say, he'd sure appreciate the gesture! Me and bf are seriously low on cash so we'll probably just grab some food from one of our favorite joints and hang out. That's enough for me. I'm such a simple person! you may be losing weight slowly right now, but you've lost so much already. I'm super jealous. Just hang in there and it'll all come off in due time.

wendy - way to be down!! that weather sounds icky! We've been having such nice springlike weather down here. I'm loving it!! But nothing good can stay forever so I'm sure it'll be getting cooler real soon.

I didn't get a chance to workout last night but I'm ok with that. Eating was off yesterday but on again today. Im going to really try to get a workout in tonight just so I can make it a habit.

I'm so boring. that's all I got right now :(

SwimGirl
02-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Rosario - I totally hate doctor's as well!! I am "lucky" enough to have had a few unknown disorders, and have been dealing with tummy stuff since I was 14 years old. It's been a few years without any symptoms, so I guess I was due? Thats why I eat so healthy day to day. Yesterday was my cheat day, and I had a bad breakfast (McD's), for lunch I had a salad and half a sandwich, with coffee to drink.. and for dinner I had a chicken breast stirfry with veggies. And thats a BAD day for me. You just have to accept the cards you are dealt with. Did you workout? Once it gets into your day-to-day life you will start missing it when you stop! Hard to imagine, but thats where I've gotten to.. I miss working out! Makeup is a lot of fun, sometimes I practice on the girls in the store. I was thinking about taking some makeup courses, but I have mastered the smokey eye! And an all over glitter eye :) If you need tips, let me know!

Today was a good day at work, busy-ish. We are busy picking out our gratis, who knew this could be so hard! But it's fun picking out free products! I am boring too... but I am such a blabber mouth too... I ended my day at 1308 calories, seems so odd that its so low. But whatever, yesterday was high, and I've been thinking about calorie cycling, because some days I am more hungry than others, and this will allow me to not go to bed starving! Speaking of which.. I am off to bed..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
:wave: everyone.

Just checking in. I think some good karma will be coming back to me in the next couple of weeks. It's about time!

I hope I can be back online soon. Using the computer at the library sucks!

Also, lost the TOM water weight. Down to 259.2

Man I'm ready to see the 240s again. THEN I'll know I'm making progress!

SwimGirl
02-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Shari - I can ditto all your weight stuff, I cannnnooooot wait for the 240's!! However, I am still sitting at 260, so you are .8 close than me! It's 10 pounds though, I really think we can do that!!

I am here again, up in the middle of the night. I hate not being able to sleep. This pain is pretty darn intense, hopefully the antibiotics I am taking will finally start WORKING soon! Sorry, I hate complaining, but it's getting SO frustrating! I have to cancel all my plans for tomorrow, my day off, :( I won't be able to do much since I won't have slept. Poop!

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Aimee- sorry about your pain. Im the biggest baby when im in pain lol..I hope the antibiotics work soon!!

I cant WAIT to get into the 20's! I snuck a weigh in today and im 236!! I havent been able to get past 237 forever it seems!! I really just wanna get out of the 200's LOL but I know, we all do :)

Soooo I couldnt wait till Valentines day to give Rob his "gifts" But he couldnt wait either and guess what?? I got my ring!!! Its a promise ring..Its white gold, with a pink sapphire heart in the middle and a diamond on each side! Its sooo beautiful!! I tried taking pics but they all come out blurry..Ill work on it more!

Hope everyone has a amazing day!!

JasonsLea
02-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Aimee ~ When I lose this first 10lbs, I'm getting a pedicure! I need it badly, my feet look HORRIFIC!:fr:

Randee ~ WOOOT! The ring sounds beautiful. :val1:

Happy Valentine's Day!

SwimGirl
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Randee - you are doing SO great! I am very happy for you! And a promise ring? Amazing!! Sounds like everything is going really well in your life! Losing weight, great relationship, 2009 is totally your year!!

Shari - I am totally in need of a pedicure as well! Maybe that should be my reward to hitting the 240's! Thanks for the idea! :)

Josh and I hung out last night, we came home, exhausted from work, and watched a little tv, had some subway, read in bed and went to sleep early. LOL, we are so old! Today we went shopping for stuff for our house, I managed to get a very cute pair of nike workout shorts, and then we had a lunch out (on plan no less!), went for a walk along a river out here. It was a nice day :) I also got on the scale this morning, I was SO worried, but I was only up 0.4, not even enough to change my ticker. And I know that'll be gone when I weigh again on Thursday. I know I'll be in the 250's on Thursday, I am excited for it!

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Ok, im gonna attempt to post a pic of my ring lol

My Valentines day was great! We hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls!!! Its about a mile...not too far..but its practically straight up lol!!! I have a myspace with tons of pics if anyone wants to see the pics! It was beautiful!!

http://www.myspace.com/msmochalicous

JasonsLea
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm glad yall had good VDays!

Randee, the ring is beautiful!

sotypical
02-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Randee - your ring is gorgeous!!!

Rosario
02-17-2009, 03:02 PM
dang it!

I just had this long post and I lost it.

ay yi yi...

Rosario
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
randee - that ring is gorgeous! and that place you went to looks so romantical ;). glad you had fun.

aimee - hope you're feeling better. It's so hard to stay on your game when you feel like caca but you seem to be doing an awesome job. keep it up!!

shari - i want to be in the 240's too! come on chica!! we can do this. let's motivate each other!!

my valentines day was nice. we went to bf's favorite pizza place and last minute we went to some club. I actually had a good time and I was sober. It's hard for me to dance in front of people because I get so self-concious and I think everybody is looking at me or laughing at me. But this time I was able to enjoy myself. I was even jumping around like crazy when some trance song came on. Good times!

I have a question for you gals. Do you think once you lose the weight your personality will change? Like, right now I'm really shy and quiet. And I wonder if I'll still be that way once I lose weight and am more comfortable with myself. I really hope so. It'll be really sad to discover that I really am a wet blanket. I can' wait to find out.

I haven't worked out yet. Today is the day (that's the plan). I really have no excuses just that I've been super lazy. But last night I was looking at some old photos of when I had lost some mad weight and I sooo want to be there again!!!!

SwimGirl
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Randee - very nice ring!! I do love hiking - especially the hard ones, lol.

Rosario - Did I tell you I'm going to L.A.? We are gonna go for the weekend when we are in San Francisco in Sept, I'm excited! Hoping to do some shopping, check things out! My brother also wants to go surfing somewhere, I can't remember where, probably closer to SF though. My personality has changed as I've gotten bigger, I've been pretty shy lately, I don't want to go out, vs before I'd want to go out all the time. Also realize you have the ability to change, regardless of weight! When I was 14 I was sooo shy, but made the decision that I didn't want to be like that anymore, I had started at a new school, it was hard at first, but I don't think anyone at that school thought of me as a shy person.

Not much going on here for me these days, working, counting calories, and thats pretty much it! Oh, and sleeping!

-Aimee

back at it
02-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Randee~ You do have a beautiful ring!!! Congrats on the "promise"!! =)

Well, TOM starts this weekend and I have ballooned from the bloating...blah. Wasn't thinking straight and now will have to deal with it during my vacation...sucks.
If I don't get back here before next tuesday, I'll catch ya all after March

back at it
02-18-2009, 09:33 PM
LOL! march 1oth that is!

Rosario
02-19-2009, 10:06 AM
wendy - where you going??? if you don't get back before the 10th have fun!!

aimee - Lucky! hopefully I get to get back there this summer too. Its been a while since I've been to SF but I'd like to take the bf there since he's never been. I get you on the not wanting to go out. I'm so self-concious that I'm even anxious to interact with other people! oh gawd, i really hope I'm like that because of my weight.

Well, I weighed myself this morning and I'm pretty much back where I started. 256!!! I've been eating a lot lately. And I just haven't been able to push myself into working out. I get home, tell myself I'll rest for a bit, and then work out. But I get sooo lazy! I guess I have to get into my gear and pop in my dvd as soon as I get in the door. I'll try that tonite.

Hope you guys are doing better than I am!!

purplecrush
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks all!! I do love love love my ring :)

I just snuck on the scale and im 233.3...im almost OUT of the 30's!!!! I havent been out of them for years! What really makes me mad is when I first joined 3fc, I was only 190 lol...Then GAINED 100 lbs!!! UGH! It makes me furious with myself!! Oh well. Also, less than a lb till ive officially hit the 50 lbs loss mark!! I cant wait!!

Oh, and Ro, I used to be extremely selfconsious...but as im getting smaller and more and more people are commenting on how much weight ive lost, Im getting less shy. I think its actually just a new attitude!! And im loving it :)

SwimGirl
02-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Yay!! Weighed in today!! I am down to 259! So long 260's!! :carrot: :carrot: I am pretty excited about this! :) I had been hovering around 259.9-260.1, and finally today I am down to 259.4! :) A nice start to my day!

Wendy - where are you going??

Rosario - Any advice for our trip to L.A.? Well, I guess this is a little soon, lol.. My brother was saying that when he was there (he goes there for business), he felt overweight, and so did his gf. Is it a super skinny city? What's really helped me when I'm getting home and super tired, I just keep moving when I get home, I know if I sit down for a second I won't get up again. Dunno if that helps, but it helps me :)

Randee - woohoo! Congrats!! Any big plans for the 50 pounds loss goal? I think I've gained weight too since I joined this website, but it's hard to say since my scales have been outta wack!

-Aimee

Rosario
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
aimee - congrats!! you're almost catching up to me. I better get moving!! lol hmm...well yes LA is a very body concious city. especially if you hit the trendy areas. You must hit up city walk. My bf loves it there. Lots of stores and shopping and people watching. I know I'm from LA but that's the only place where I've been A LOT. and of course go to Disneyland!! the happiest place on earth!! lol

randee - way to go! I can't believe you've almost lost 50 pounds. You're awesome!

I finally worked out last night. I was getting super lazy but i started looking at this victoria's secret catalog and I got inspired (I wanna wear a bikini!!!). So i did the shred. And I felt good afterward. that 27 minutes really did fly by. I don't know why I make such a fuss about it.

I've discovered why I get so discouraged fast and stop working out. It's cause I have such a long way to go. One workout feels so irrelevant. I'm just so impatient and want to lose this weight NOW!! I guess I have to get it together and just realize that this isn't going to happen in one day and it'll take lots of hard work to get where I want to be. I'm so impatient!

Have a good one!

sotypical
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Well girls, I am going to jump in and post. Aimee says I need to post and she is right!

I honestly don't even remember when I really last posted so I am going to go back aways. In November a co-worker and I joined Weight Watchers for 6 months - like actually going to meetings. I was down about 7 something and then gained almost all of it back over Christmas. As of this morning I am now less then I was before xmas, yay! Down a total of 8.8 with Weight Watchers!

A couple weeks ago from the same co-worker I bought a recumbent bike and I LOOOOOVE it! I have been riding it every weekday morning at the crack of dawn for an hour!

Anyway things are good for me, I think MAYBE just maybe I am finally back in the mindset I was 3 years ago when i was losing well!

On an unrelated note, I think I am getting a blackberry tonight, totally excited!

JasonsLea
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM

I had a perfectly nice, long post typed up but the damn computer at the library erased it! :censored: I hate the library these days. Whatever happened to 'silence is golden'? People are so rude and loud in the library, I don't even wanna go anymore!

This freakin medical insurance isn't worth all this hassle. This is the third paycheck that they have taken almost $150 out!:bomb: I only make a little over $300 every two weeks! I suppose I could live off $175 every two weeks......if I was still living with my mama!!! Went to payroll and turns out, part timers have to pay more for insurance than fulltimers which just doesn't make any sense to me. I told the guy to forget it, I don't want this shyt anymore! I have rent and ultilites to pay! Plus, the idiots at the food stamp office declined my claim so I have to apply all over again which means I have to pay for my groceries with my own money. It's the end of the month which means I have rent, power, and internet to pay along with groceries and I only have $175 to my name. Super. :dz:

SwimGirl
02-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Hey Gals! TGIF! Well, I guess it's technically Saturday now, but you get the point ;) I have the entire weekend off, AND monday :) I am VERY excited, although today after work I started getting SO tired, sore neck, and headache... and then I realized.... drumroll please... my stomach pain was GONE!!! And all my sleepless nights are probably catching up to me now. After going to bed early, like 8:30pm, my bf woke me up at 11:30 and I haven't been able to sleep since! Darn him! I am SO relieved though, I was getting super worried. This is me doing a happy dance! :carrot: If I can get thru this weekend with no more pain, I am going to start exercising on Tuesday, possibly Monday! :carrot: Another happy dance!

Rosario - 27 minutes is nothing! Keep up the great work :) As for the amount you have to lose, I am right there with you, but staying focused on smaller goals, and just taking it day-by-day is helping. Also keep it realistic! Easter is 7 weeks away, so how about making a goal to lose 7 pounds by then? Or make it an exercise goal - to exercise 3-4 times a week. I've been thinking about a phrase someone has on their signature "eat for the body you want, not the body you have", so when I go out to dinner I try and think about what a skinny version of myself would have. Salad with chicken breast and dressing on the side? Sounds like something a skinny chick would eat!

Courtnie - yay! Congrats on the weight loss and the blackberry :) Glad to see you posting!

Shari - I am actually quite shocked how much your medical is! Wow. When I wasn't working, or working part time, I don't think I could have afforded that! My only saving grace was that we don't have to pay for medical if we make under a certain amount. Wish I could send some of that your way, I am double covered (bf gets AWESOME benefits, including 30 sick days a month! Yes, thats right, in ONE month, once you return to work for one week the days reset, lucky jerk!). We need to get you a higher paying job! Do you have Starbucks where you live? I know here in Canada they pay pretty good, and have decent medical coverage.. plus you get 1 pound of coffee free per week! They also have plenty of opportunities to move up - it was actually a company I was considering going to work for because I've heard such great things about it. I'm all about moving up in any company I've worked for, it guarantees your hours, and gets you better pay! I never expected to get paid 18 bucks an hour to be an assistant manager in a cosmetics dept, but it's been one of the greatest things I've done. So challenging, but so rewarding.

I'm a little chatterbox tonight - it's nearly 2am here, so I better try and get some sleep. I am taking my car in to get serviced tomorrow, eek! It's going to be around $500 I figure, fingers crossed it isn't! And since the dealership is close to the ocean, I think I'll go for a walk while its getting its thing done! Two birds one stone! ;)

-Aimee

SwimGirl
02-23-2009, 04:08 PM
I weighed in today, and I am down 1.8 pounds!! yay :) From 259.5 to 257.7, but since it's .7 and not .5, I'm counting it as 258. But soon I'll get down to 257.5 and then I can count it! I can't wait! :) I am SO relieved, I thought the scale was going to be UP!

-Aimee

ETA - I am down 10 pounds now!! I am feeling pretty good about things :) Who knew calorie counting and listening to my body would WORK! :lol:

JasonsLea
02-24-2009, 02:17 AM

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was okay, lots of sleeping, lazing around and getting nothing done. I'm such a procrastinator. :D

I've accepted the fact that I just can't do dvd workouts. I just can't, can't get into them. I need to be in class with other people. When I'm in a class, I'm basically trapped, too embarrassed to leave the workout because EVERYONE will notice. I need that humiliation right now. :o

My goal for this week is to get as many job applications in as possible. My internet is back on :carrot: (thank you Mama :hug:) and I need to use it as much as I can in case it gets cut off again.

Aimee ~ I decided that I'm cancelling this crap. The only reason I signed up was because I wanted to dental but it turns out that the dental and medical are separate down here so I don't 'need' the medical. I really want to continue working for the government, it's ...... kinda my security blanket. I just REALLY REALLY hate the department I'm in. WTG on those 10lbs! What's your reward going to be?

SwimGirl
02-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Shari - good call, thats FAR too much to be spending! Can you work at the government and do something else as well? I know a few people who work more than one job, I know I really try to work with them to make sure they can to both. If you ever need career advice, I am always available, I have a mom who is a career counsellor and it's rubbed off a little on me! I haven't thought too much about a reward. Josh just bought a tv today, so that might have to do for now. I did want to scream from roof tops though, :lol:

My mystery illness is getting better, phew! I now am thinking it was a ton of things that happened all at once, so the stomach stuff is all back to normal. I now just have kidney issues, omigosh, I feel like a hypochondriac! I probably talk about it too much as well, but it's been a huge thing in my life. I'm thankful it's getting better, and it helps to write it all down. I am drinking tons of water, so that can only impact my weight loss in a positive way :) Do you girls have rewards planned for yourselves? I can't really think of anything to reward myself with! I have to admit I have been getting whatever I want, when I want it.. after years of being so broke it's been nice to be able to do that. But it kind of works against myself in terms of rewards.

-Aimee

Rosario
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
courtnie - welcome back! yes posting is good!! glad you're doing good on weight watchers. I am so coveting a blackberry!! I'm tired of my cheapie 1980's nokia phone. Hopefully when my bf starts working I'll finally be getting mine.

shari - that is a lot for medical insurance. I say, for right now, do go without it. I think Medical insurance is so bogus. I mean, I have it, but I NEVER use it. I know it's good to have in case of emergencies, but their are plans the hospitals provide for people with low incomes. Maybe you should look into some kind of program. Dvd's are hard to stick to. I'm finding that out right now. You have to be really disciplined to get them done daily. At least that's what I think.

Aimee - congrats on your loss!! you're doing awesomely!! I know I need to get in that mindset of mini goals. But it's just so depressing sometimes on how far I am away from my goal. But I'm really trying to not think that way. One day at a time. Haven't planned on any rewards yet. But I am getting a tattoo once I get smaller. Not for a reward only because I think it'll look better once I do lose weight. Take care of your kidneys!! Glad you're feeling better!

Let's see...I didn't work out Fri or Sat. Sunday I did play tennis with the bf. Scale was down 1.4 at weigh in yesterday. But it was up this morning. I have to stop weighing myself everyday!!

Ok, I have a little confession. I am super jealous of my bf's ex girlfriend. She has a nice little body and I am all sorts of fat. It's aggravating. Because I want to be hotter than that. Grrrr!! I hate that I feel like that because I'm probably a better person than her, but who really wants to not be hotter than the EX? Ugh! it's aggravating. And I really need to work on my self-image. Oh gawd I'll leave now because I've got lots of issues and I'm rambling.

TTYL

JasonsLea
02-25-2009, 01:46 AM
Aimee ~ I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I don't have any solid reward thoughts, just vague ones like clothes and books. I'm definitely getting a pedicure when I lose 10 lbs. One reward was going to be a red Ipod but after that horrible day when I had to put down Leonidas and got water on my Mp3, I'm probably going to have to nix that plan and just go ahead and get the Ipod. My Mp3 player is totally messed up now and I CAN NOT ride the bus without my music! I will probably end up killing someone.

Ro ~ You and I need to definitely work on these self esteem issues. And working out more!

Totally out of left field but I'm loving the new Olay Body Ribbons bodywash! I've been using it for the past three days and today I was getting dressed when I noticed that my boobs were all glittery when the sun hit them! Glitter boobs! :lol: That made my day. :D

sotypical
02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Shari - I can't believe half your pay cheque goes to medical.. that is SO CRAZY! Reading that makes me so thankful I live here. I pay like $12 a month for medical and dental and eyes for me AND my boyfriend. And he pays about the same at his work. With the two of us, some stuff - like prescriptions is covered %100. i do think you get better service down there though. I had to have my appendix out in Hawaii - yes it was like $20,000 Canadian - but I walked in and they did all the tests and I was recovering 4 hours later. An older friend of ours had his removed like 6 months later here in Canada, he waited so long he almost died! Well he did die on the operating table, but they brought him back.... But I dunno how people can afford to have babies and stuff... wow.

Aimee - congrats on the 10 pounds!! WTG!!! And glad you are feeling better.

Ro - I think everyone feels like that! You always want to be bette then ex's or even if you are an ex you want to be better then the current, LOL

Shari - I want glitter boob!

Amyway, so I am good. Totally in love with my BlackBerry... who would of thought I would get addicted to it so fast... it really is a CrackBerry. It's supposed to snow here tonight, bleh :(

Happy Hump Day!

SwimGirl
02-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey Gals! We are back to winter here! Yuck! It started snowing at 1pm, and by 2:30 the roads were covered in snow! By the time my car was finished being fixed, most of it had melted, phew! I thought we were done with this! I am back to calorie counting, I had stopped for a couple days, since I was in such pain. I was talking to Courtnie earlier, and was dreaming of dieting being easier, and being at goal so that the maintenance could begin - and maybe winning the lottery or something ;) I think I need to get comfortable in this calorie counting/exercise thing, it's going to be a while before I get to maintenance. So easy not to want to do this though.

Rosario - I am NOT thinking about my final goal very often.. I think smaller, so at 250, I can fit into a pair of size 16 work pants, at 230, I remember being this small, and I could be happy with that. Uhm, from there it goes to 199, and then 185, and then goal at 160. :dizzy: apparently I have my mini goals planned out more than I thought! I just needs rewards for them! I am totally the jealous type, and I get to hear about all the cougars hitting on Josh, drives me crazy sometimes! Dunno how to get my self esteem up either, I just pretend like its good. Fake it until you make it!

Shari - I totally buy myself everything I want before I get to the point where I'd use them as a reward.. :lol: so bad! I think you should DEFINITELY you get your ipod, public transportation isn't something that should be experienced without one! Glitter boobs! ;) Cute!

Courtnie - It totally snowed here earlier, sooo nasty! When did you go to Hawaii? I wannnna goooo!

-Aimee

purplecrush
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi, girls.

Havent been around much. My bf's son got sick on friday. My daughter AND my son got sick on Sunday. Then I got sick yesterday!! And im not talking about a cold either!!! Its the horrible stuff! I just wanted to check in :) I might be back later to post.

I forgot to tell ya that im 230.2! .2 can you believe that!! UGH!!

Also, I have a blackberry curve and I absolutly LOVE IT!!!

JasonsLea
02-27-2009, 01:59 AM

Hope you and the fam start feeling better soon Randee.

I went to HR today and (hopefully) got everything settled. I should be getting back the money they took either this paycheck or the next one. Maybe in a way, it was supposed to be this way? I should be getting back around $450 and it's all going towards my WAYYYY overdue power bill. If I disappear for a few days again, it's because the power got cut off. :P Things will get better.

WI today: 257.8
Finally going down, little by little.

JasonsLea
03-01-2009, 03:10 AM

Guess what?? I got a 1 year membership to Bally's Total Fitness today! :broc: The VA had this special promo and the membership was only $118!!! Of course, I didn't have the money but my mama and my friend Desi went half and half on it for me. I'm so lucky! :goodvibes Now, I just need to wait till Friday to see if I got my money back so I can pay this power bill before I'm left in the dark! :fr: Knowing my luck, the power company will wait and turn it off Wednesday or Thursday, and I get the money Friday. :dz: I also got a cute new water bottle. The hard plastic one I had (the third one I've brought) cracked. So when I was at Walmart, I saw a red :devil:, squishy plastic, 1L bottle and knew I had to have it. Only $2.50! :D

SwimGirl
03-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Shari - you have some mighty generous people in your life! Very lucky girl!! Congrats on the WI!! Thats a wicked deal on your gym membership, they are SO unbelievably expensive here, the cheapest I've found so far is 45 bucks a month, with a 2 year commitment to get it that cheap, not to mention 100 dollars for a sign up fee, sick right??

Randee - congrats on that wi!! You are losing SOO fast, I'm totally jealous! Sorry to hear everyone is so sick, hopefully you are all better by now!

I am still going along, plugging away, slow and steady? Am I going to win ANY races though? :lol: I had a little blip in my scale earlier in the week, and haven't really had the guts to get on since.. Maybe today. Not too much exciting going on in my life either, working, eating, cooking, counting..

-Aimee

SwimGirl
03-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Hmmm... Josh and I looked at engagement rings again today.. went better than last time. Last time I was convinced that it wasn't a good idea, since I couldn't find any good rings. But this time I actually FOUND something I like! Scary! I called one of my friends to tell her about it, she brushed me off :( Anyways, that was my day!

-Aimee

sotypical
03-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Hmmm... Josh and I looked at engagement rings again today.. went better than last time. Last time I was convinced that it wasn't a good idea, since I couldn't find any good rings. But this time I actually FOUND something I like! Scary! I called one of my friends to tell her about it, she brushed me off :( Anyways, that was my day!

-Aimee

YOU'RE GETTING ENGAGED?!?!?!?! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

I saw your status on facebook and came here hoping to see you spilled the beans!

details details!

SwimGirl
03-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Courtnie - no details really! I just found a ring I like, and we will keep shopping around because it's not 100% perfect, lol.

Alright, so I took today off work, I was feeling nasty, and headachy, all that fun stuff. But during my lazy day I decided enough is enough with this off plan crap, not that I've been 100% off plan, just about 90%. I've been having more calories, too much bread, and eating late at night. Which leads me to wonder, how many times am I going to need to kick myself in the butt when I start slacking off a little? I get comfortable, slide a bit, get myself going again, slide a little.. I wonder if its this way for others? I made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, all healthy, 1,040 calories before dinner and snack.

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Aimee- if you go on theknot.com they have links to absolutly beautiful rings!! Ive been looking around and emailing them to Rob lol.. Im going to "try" to post the pics of the ones I want..they are beautiful..I like two different ones, but I want them to become one!! I want the band of one, and the diamond of the other!!

http://www.verragio.com/gallery_detail.php?prod_id=683&col_id=56&slide_num=1

It wont let me copy the pic, but this is the band im loving....

http://www.diamondideals.com/jewelry/product.cfm/CI/3/ID/290/viewall/1/startAt/1/JType/2/

and that one is the diamond I want. I want it to look like this, but with the band of the first one!!!

Rosario
03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
uy..it's been a while and ive been so bad.

aimee- i feel your pain! I need to kick myself in the arse, like, major! I need to try and push myself to be disciplined and GOOD the way I know I can be. it's aggravating sometimes. Congrats on the almost engagement!!

shari - that's awesome about the gym membership. Why not call the power company and make payment arrangements so they don't shut it off at all? I'm sure they'll work with you.

courtnie - what is it about the blackberry that is so addicting? I don't get it. Maybe I should get one before I ask, right?

randee - congrats on ur losses!! those are some snazzy rings you got there. I'm more of a plain gal. 1 stone on a platinum band will do it for me. Simple, yet elegant :).

Ok, if you guys have facebook.Add me or give me your info so I can add you...I'm on there way more than I am on here!!!

Rosario
03-05-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm off to a good start this a.m. Hopefully it stays that way.

Have a good one!

SwimGirl
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Randee - very pretty! I never thought I'd ever get married, so this ring shopping thing is SO weird to me! Plus I just found out that you have to get a wedding band too! Ugh, so confusing! I am going to try on like 8 thousand rings I think, to find out what I like, because I barely have any idea! :lol:

Rosario - glad you are having a good start to the day, those end up being the best days for me. I am on facebook every second of the day it feels like, lol. I will PM you my email addy.

So, good news and bad news, I was 257 this morning, yay! :) And bad news, I was in so much pain and discomfort today I dragged my butt to the dr's. He did a urine test, there is still blood in it, and so I am going for an ultrasound and a renal scan or something. Hopefully they can figure this all out soon, I feel like I'm a hypochrondriac, or like I'm imagining all of this.. It's not good :( He did give me some pills for the pain, hopefully they don't make me sicker, because I was taking some drug store stuff, and they made everything worse. So thats my day in a nutshell, Josh is coming home from work to take me to get the prescription. Infact he's home now, so I am off to do that!

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh Aimee im sooo sorry about your discomfort!! I hope everything gets figured out soon!!! Its not fun being in pain! Good Luck girl!

We looked at more rings last night at the mall. I still like the ones I picked out. Ill probably have it custom made so I get EXACTLY what I want!! Im going to have it forever, so I want to just LOVE it!!

I have facebook and myspace..If you search for my name, you will find me, and ill add ya :) Its Randee Gillund

Well im off to go shopping with my mom! Hope everyone has a awesome weekend!

SwimGirl
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Randee - I know quite a few people who are getting their rings custom made, because they can't find exactly what they want, or in one friends case she wants the exact ring Britney Spears had, lol.

So I started drinking Aloe vera juice, it's been helping my stomach, and so I did a little research and found out it's also supposed to help with weight loss! :lol: but isn't everything these days? I'll keep you posted ;) It's such an odd texture, and has the weirdest taste I've ever experienced! I am having SUCH a lazy Saturday, I got up, had breakfast, went to the store, and I think I might nap.. heh..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-08-2009, 05:09 AM

Sorry I've been MIA, just alot of personal stuff going on then TOM came Wednesday, wrecking havoc on my WI and my emotions. I'm telling you, if I didn't have military discipline hammered into me by my mother, several people would have died horrific deaths this week! :headache: The last two days have been a pigfest. :ink: Disgusting. My friend Kittie will be arriving tomorrow for her Spring Break. This is like the worst time for her to be visiting me but we haven't seen each other in over a year. Daylight Savings Time just kicked into effect. I'm going to be SO tired tomorrow. :dz:

JasonsLea
03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Aimee ~ :hug: I hope the doctor can finally pinpoint what's going on with you! Are you and Josh finally officially engaged?? Everyone seems to be getting married. My friend Sunshine is getting married this summer (her and the boy have been together seven years.) And I know I totally lucked out with the gym membership! Bally's is usually $75+ a month!

Randee ~ Nice rings! How long have you and your guy been together?

Ro ~ WHERE ARE YOU?!

SwimGirl
03-09-2009, 03:11 AM
Shari - I too have been having a little pig-fest myself ;) Tomorrow I will be enjoying some normal foods! Its so hard to get back on track after a couple of days off plan, but it's gotta be done! Spring break with your friend sounds like fun! The time change is messing with my sleep habits, who knew 1 hour could make such a difference!

I went shopping today! It was great, I bought 2 pairs of really nice shoes! A black pair of pointy-toed heels, and a grey and black textured pointy toed heels. They are darn sexy if I do say so myself! I will try and attach a picture! I am still drinking my aloe juice, taking my stomach tonic, it's definitely helping my stomach.. yay :) And I have my tests on Thursday, I cannot wait to get this all sorted out! In the midst of all of this, I hurt my knee! Geez! It's an old injury, and it acts up when I'm tired.

-Aimee

Rosario
03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
aimee - I added you on facebook!!! those shoes are supercute! hey you're always shopping! no fair :P just kidding. hmm..i've never heard of aloe vera juice and I'm having a hard time picturing it. doesn't sound like something I'd ever want to try. that sucks about the drs. hopefully they can diagnose what it is that you do have and get you on your way to fixing it. are you planning a huge wedding or are you not at that stage yet??

shari - hey, I'm here!! I've been bad so you know how that goes. And I forget to post!! doh! that's cool that you'll have time to visit with you friend. maybe some time with her will keep your mind off of whatever else is going on with you. you have a wedding to go to in the summer?? MOTIVATION!! I have a wedding too (maybe 2) this year so I really have to get on this thing!

randee - that'd be cool if you designed your own ring! that way you'd get exactly what you wanted. you get to go shopping too??? Is everybody shopping but me?!?!?!

ok, so that good day I was having turned into a bad one just like the rest of the weekend. But I really need to watch myself because I took one of those blood pressure tests at walmart and mine came out HIGH! It wasn't like that before, just normal high but now its HIGH. Yuck! My dad passed away because of a heart attack and I sure don't want to go that route. So I mos def need to be taking more care of myself.

I did play tennis last night and my legs feel like jelly. Hopefully with the time change and all I won't be as lazy when I get home since the sun will still be shining. I love daylight savings!

I got a bit of a sunburn playing outside last night! A sunburn in March??? Awesome!

Have a good one!

SwimGirl
03-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I cannot believe how much snow there is here, and it still coming down!! Argh! And now I have to take the darn bus to work, because I am not good in snow!

Rosario - I added you too! I was awake for like 20 minutes, lol.. but I am always on facebook when I'm watching tv too, thats what a laptop does! And it's quite possible that I am always shopping, but I don't normally spend too much!

-Aimee

spunker
03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes or anything, but would it be all right if I joined in?

SwimGirl
03-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Sure! Feel free to jump on in... tell us about yourself!

A little about me? I am 29 years old, turning 30 this year.. eek! I live with my boyfriend, and if you've read above we are in the process of ring shopping, so I might have a fiance? I dunno! I am trying to lose just under 100 pounds, but focusing on little goals in between! I am calorie counting right now, and will be exercising soon! Just need to get the okay from the doctor on Thursday!

Today was a terrible day for food for me, like, TERRIBLE! I don't want to get into details, toooo depressing! Anyways! Tomorrow is another day, and more importantly, Josh and I will be going shopping on Wednesday to get some good food! I am off to bed, I have an early day tomorrow!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM

My friend Kittie arrived Sunday for her Spring Break. The last two days have been a real orgy of eating, with her wanting to cook for me and me wanting to take her out to at least one authentic Mexican restaurant. But it is over and done with. TOM is gone and so is most of our money. :lol: So back on plan tomorrow. Thursday, I shall face the music (and the scale! :o) like a woman.

Spunker ~ I KNOW YOU!!! :D

SwimGirl
03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Shari - Glad you are having fun!

I am officially UP 2 pounds today, I am counting it and changing my ticker. Makes me sad, but it's gotta be done! Tomorrow is a new day, and it WILL go better than the past few I've been having! I did do some light exercise today, emphasis on light, :lol:

-Aimee

Rosario
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
aimee - sorry about the gain, but it is a new day and time to get with it. I haven't weighed myself this week for fear of the scale being up. But I'll have to face it tomorrow. Light or heavy, at least you are MOVING.

shari - sounds like you're having fun with your friend. Good!! How'd it go with the scale??

spunker - welcome!! the more the merrier!

I haven't been doing too well. I have yet to exercise. Well, I did play tennis on Sunday and I danced on Tues at a show me and the bf went to. I guess that counts for something. But what I really want to do is get back into the 30 Day Shred. I swear it today will be the day I will do it. It's starting to get warm here and I need to pull out the summer clothes. My arms have gotten superhuge and I cannot have that for tank top season. Wish me luck!!!

SwimGirl
03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Rosario - a gain was pretty sucky, but it's forcing me to rein in the bad eating! I am planning some foods and going shopping, going to do South Beach for a couple weeks to get rid of these nasty cravings! Well, I hope to make it thru 2 weeks, :lol: Dancing totally counts as exercise! I need to start working on my arms, they are definitely a part of my body I hate, but I hate my stomach worse, so I usually focus on that first!

I am not doing good either, just eating whatever I want, but that gain yesterday really put a fire under my butt! I hate the cravings I've been getting, I have a hard time NOT giving into them, it's terrible! I should start with my fiber pills too, those were really good with stopping cravings, not entirely sure why, but it was great! Anyways, I'm off to find recipes! Talk to you gals later!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-13-2009, 03:35 AM

WI was today and I'm back up to 260. But I'm totally cool with that! I know what I did wrong, I know what I need to do right, and I'm going to try my damnest this week to do it! :yes:

Rosario
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
shari - way to go!! the first step is admitting you have a problem. just kidding, it's not like you're an alcoholic or something. But it's good to not go crazy over what the scale says. at least you still have that one pound lost. what is it that you used to have on ur siggy....3 steps forward, 2 steps back is still one step forward??? i don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure you get me :D

aimee - as you can see on one of my fb pics...my arms are HUGE! I hate them!! I'm prolly exaggerating but they are mos def bigger than what they used to be. They were the last place that got fat, so I'm pretty sure that's where I'll lose the weight first. grrr...you are so brave to do south beach. I'm a horrible person when I restrict myself from certain foods, so for the sake of my sanity and my loved ones, I won't go there just yet. My bf's aunt was doing SB and you could totally tell. Maybe when I'm more in control of what I eat, I'll dip my toes in that pool. What type of recipes are you in search of?

I did day 1 of 30 day shred last night. Go me! I even got in 30 min of tennis. I was so on a role yesteday. gosh, I hope it continues onto today. My eating was so-so. Today's too. Scale was up this morning by .2 but I think that's because of TOM. I'm feeling pretty portly so I'm hoping it's just temporary.

Not much else going on. Im planning a baby shower for bf's sister in 2 weeks so that's pretty much where my thoughts are. I'm so cool.

Take care ladies!

SwimGirl
03-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Shari - How's it going with getting back on plan? You definitely seem in good spirits about the gain, and once you are on plan I'm sure it will be a temporary thing!

Rosario - I can't say I was looking at your arms in your facebook pictures :p I don't know that I'm brave to do south beach, it feels pretty natural when I'm doing it, I also planned in advance, so I have tons of snacks for staying on plan, cooked 7 lunches/dinner ahead of time and froze them. So I should be pretty good for a few days! It's all about planning! Plus, I hate that my cravings control what I eat/drink so I almost feel empowered by doing this. Not sure if that makes sense! I found two recipes, lazy cabbage rolls and meatball casserole, they both turned out okay! :) Congrats on doing the shred! Let me know how day 2 goes!

Not much going on over here, working, and not sleeping enough! Thank goodness I get to sleep in tomorrow! I am very much looking forward to it. It's been really hard for me to get a good sleep lately, I haven't been able to sleep in my bed, only on the couch... and I can't really go to bed earlier than Josh if I need to. But hopefully I can catch up on some sleep tonight! I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

back at it
03-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Ok girls if you are all on FB you have to add me, send your info over!!!

Home from Mexico and with renewed desire to lose the weight, darn college kids in bikinis everywhere, and to top it off there were ladies in their 60's that look better than I do, and they were in bikini's too!!!!
Nice and relaxing holiday! =)
I'll catch up on the posts tomorrow1

SwimGirl
03-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Phew! After 2 days on South Beach I am back down to 257! I am very relieved, I didn't want to be so close to the 260's - I am DONE with them! It's been shockingly easy, I guess that has to do with all my prep work.. now I need to go find MORE recipes!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM

I hope you all had a great weekend! We drove Kittie to Houston yesterday morning and I spent the night at my friend Desi's new house out in the country last night. I LOVED IT! It reminded me of when we lived out in Pleasant Grove which reminded me of when I first tried to lose weight the healthy way. All I wanted to do was walk around forever. It was BEAUTIFUL! I want a house out in the country. :)

Ro ~ I know what you're saying. I just need to get in that forward mode again!

Aimee ~ WTG sweetie!

Wendy ~ Good to see you! I'm glad you had a good time in Mexico....even with all the itty bitty bikinis around. :p

SwimGirl
03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Shari - Thanks! The 2 pounds may have come off fast, but it was a lot of hard work, mostly mental stuff! I used to live in the country too! I used to take my dog out every day for a run, or hike, I was definitely in better shape! Plus there was no fast food so everything was homemade. I do miss those days a little, or at least the small town living! Where I live now its so easy to be lazy, you can't walk anywhere, and walking where I live isn't an option thank to bears!

I am having a lazy Sunday, got up made breakfast with Josh, we watched a little tv, I had a nap, after 11 hours of sleep last night.. not sure what came over me! We went shopping this afternoon for some stuff to make low fat alfredo sauce to go on zucchini, which I'm going to cut into strips. That was the recipe I found today! It sounds super yummy, and NOT like diet food at all! I bought a couple ingredients for south beach cheesecake... not sure if I should make it yet though. It might be evilly good! Wish me luck with my cooking! I'll need it! :lol:

-Aimee

Rosario
03-16-2009, 02:03 PM
aimee - ah...lazy sundays are the best!! but so are errand sundays! that's what I had yesterday. I drove around looking for baby shower stuff. mmm...replacing pasta with veggies is tres yum. Zucchini is awesome with a marinara sauce too. SB sounds good with all the meat you can still eat, but I just can't give up bread! It's too hard!! congrats on being down on the scale. it seems we are almost neck and neck!! :D

shari - the country sounds nice...but only for a while. I think I'd go crazy...it'd be way too quiet.

wendy - what part of mexico did you go to???

well, I didn't work out again after thursday. I've just been extrememly lazy. Had a gorge fest with the bf this weekend. But surprisingly, the scale was down one pound this a.m. It was probably a fluke, but whatever, I'm counting it. I have a dr's appt this upcoming weekend and I'm really dreading the whole "you need to get on a diet" and blah, blah, blah.

we'll see how it goes

back at it
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi!!!
I was in Puerto Vallarta, LOVED IT!!!!

So back on the wagon after the all-inclusive 2 weeks, to bad I love food so much otherwise this weight loss thing would be a cinch!

So very busy these days getting back into the groove of things, but I'll try get here as often as I can. Like some of you I am on FB more than here!
Catch ya later!

JasonsLea
03-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Aimee ~ I LOVE living in the country! I hate the bugs and various creatures but that's what exterminators are for! :lol:

Ro ~ My friend is a city girl so she loves and hates living out there.

So some things have came to light that explains alot. You know I was telling yall about how me and my BFF Nikki were having these fights and not talking. I talked to her today and she told me that she had stopped talking to me and our friends because her boyfriend had been beating her. I feel nothing, which is scary because I know that means I'm internalizing and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Rosario
03-17-2009, 01:08 PM
shari - that sucks about your friend. I don't have any advice really because I've never gone through something like that, but all you can do is just be there for her and really talk to each other. it'd be good therapy for her and for YOU. :hug:

wendy - sounds like it was fun!!! glad you had fun and your getting back into things!

I didn't work out last night. I was all dressed in my workout clothes and ready to go. But the tv I was using doesn't work without a remote. I was going to switch to the big t.v. but me and the bf started watching vids on youtube. You guys have to check out this comedian Pablo Francisco (if you haven't heard of him already). He is effin hilarious. me and bf saw him last year at some comedy club but I didn't find him nearly as funny then as I did last night. Me and bf were cracking up all night.

Eating was better yesterday than I have been, so the scale was down this a.m. I hope I can keep this going because I really want the scale to go lower and lower.

I am still dreading this saturday's doc appt.

SwimGirl
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Rosario - did you say you were the host of the baby shower? Sounds like a LOT of work! I have to admit I haven't been to a baby shower though.. but I've seen pictures! Are we neck and neck? What are you weighing these days? Congrats on the 1 pound loss! My doctor's have never talked to me about my weight before, I bet it's because I always talk to HER first!

Shari - thats a toughie! I hope things work out for her!

Wendy - two weeks of vacation sounds GREAT! I could use some warm weather! Although I am looking forward to my trip to Winnipeg in a couple of weeks, but I bet we'll be freeeeezing our butts off! :lol:

I am still going steady with the diet stuff, exercise isn't really happening, ugh, I gotta get on it, but I am still in a lot of pain. I will soon though! Unfortunately not much else is going on with me, working, planning our ladies event, I am excited for the weekend, and for getting paid! :) Tomorrow I weigh in, so keep your skinny fingers crossed for me!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-18-2009, 02:31 AM

I have a huge decision to make concerning my job. With the economy in the crapper and people losing their jobs/homes/etc right and left, my mind is screaming to keep this job no matter how emotionally and mentally draining it is. It doesn't help at all that working for the VA is basically my security blanket. I'm trying to wait till I get my first project from the WAH position but this new boss.....I have several people I need to talk to tomorrow before I make my decision. I'm 22 and too young to be this stressed! :headache:

SwimGirl
03-18-2009, 03:13 PM
I am VERY excited to report I am down to 255.7 this morning!! :) Not enough to move me down to 255, but maybe tomorrow?? I have to weigh again for my wii weigh loss goal.. my goal is 255.5, so hopefully!!

Shari - the economy isn't the GREATEST, but there is always room for more jobs to be had. I got offered a job this week, without even applying, so as long as you are a hard worker, I think there is always a possibility of work. If I lost my job today, I would expect myself to be working within a month. Its best to follow your heart, and have faith everything else will fall into place!

I gotta run to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-19-2009, 12:02 AM

Aimee ~ :carrot:

So I talked to both HR and the union today like I planned. Found out from HR that I won't be career till my 3 year mark which is in June. If I quit before I make career, I won't be able to come back to the VA in my current grade. I would have to start over, at the bottom. I actually laughed because I had already promised myself that if I didn't get another position in the hospital by my birthday (July 29th), I would quit and now I know I can. Went to the Union with some of my complaints and he's going to have a meeting with the new asst chief and the supervisors. If this continues, we're filing a EEO grievance. We'll see what happens.

Mama's birthday is tomorrow. Not sure what to get her....:chin:

Rosario
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
aimee - that's awesome about your loss!! I weighed in at 255.8 this a.m. :o yes, I am the host of the baby shower! and yes it is A LOT of planning. Or maybe I'm just making it into a big deal...whatever. I'll be glad when next saturday is over. What's the ladies event you are planning for??

shari - my advice about the job would be to make sure you have something before you quit your current job. It's tough out there right now. You should see how many people have been at the Department of Labor, looking for jobs and filing for unemployment. I'm not saying you won't ever find a job, but there's no guarantee on how long you'll be out of commission. And right now, you should try sprucing up your resume and all that jazz. I'd be terrified of getting laid off right now, I SUCK at interviews :(. But on a good note, I've been hearing that with the economy being so bad, it's making people change their careers or do something they normally wouldn't do, and they are better off than they were before.

the past couple of days have just been ok. I've been playing tennis, so I've been getting in my exercise. But my eating hasn't been the greatest. <sigh> I could never put the two together.

Scale has been up and down but I only count what I weigh on Monday a.m. I'm trying to start 30 DS but with the tennis has been pretty draining. But they've been good workouts. THe weather is getting nice here, so I plan on playing A LOT more.

ummm...let's see...I think that's about all that's new...still going on with the planning of the baby shower and still dreading the dr's visit on saturday morning. Pray for me.

SwimGirl
03-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Shari - sounds like good news on the work front! Hopefully you can get that stuff worked out and it'll be better for you!

Rosario - We are close in weight, just half a pound difference. I didn't know that! I am not the greatest with planning things, so a baby shower would just stress me out! I'd want everything to be perfect, which could get expensive! The ladies event is a work thing, we have a bunch of vendors coming in to do makeovers, and skin analysis'. It's set for May 8th, should be good since it's around Mother's Day.

So I weighed today for my wii fit goal, and I MADE IT!! :carrot::carrot: I was down .4 this morning, taking me to 255.3 ! So I can change my ticker to 255, yesterday I was a little sad I could only change it to 256. But I made up for it today! :lol: I am a total dork.

-Aimee

Rosario
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
congrats aimee!!! a one pound difference on the ticker COUNTS!! so it's okay to be a dork 8-)

back at it
03-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Wendy - two weeks of vacation sounds GREAT! I could use some warm weather! Although I am looking forward to my trip to Winnipeg in a couple of weeks, but I bet we'll be freeeeezing our butts off! :lol:

-Aimee

Yes, it is still cold here =(

I'm back up to 146:o I better get myself back in gear, I feel gross.

G'night everyone!

Ro~ BTW, I'm glad I found you on FB!!

Rosario
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
wendy - me too! :D

well, yesterday and today have been real caca days. grrrr....eating and no exercise. I'm exhausted and I have no energy whatsoever. I know it's the food I'm eating that's bringing me down but I can't seem to stop. The scale was up this morning and I feel bloated and fluffy. Not a good feeling at all.

I have my doc appt tomorrow morning...maybe she'll slap some sense into me. I am soooo looking forward to it.

Let's see this weekend....I have to pick up some stuff for the baby shower. Heading over to my favorite stores...Target and Party City. I could live in those stores (yea, I know I'm lame). I have to wash my car. Poor big red hasn't had a bath in months!! Might go out for a movie tomorrow night with the bf. I will most def be catching up on some sleep and relaxation. And some cuddle time with the bf and the cat. I love the weekends!!

Hope you guys are all good!

Rosario
03-20-2009, 06:22 PM
btw

Happy Spring everyone!!!

SwimGirl
03-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Rosario - I am totally embracing my dorkyness! :lol: Hope your doctor's appointment went well! I ate terrible the other day, had a subway sub and half a pop, omg, I felt SO nasty for the rest of the day!! It's SO not worth it, let that be the thing that gets you on track. You can feel good, and full of energy, it's all about the food you put into your body! You can do this, has nothing to do with willpower, it's all about choices.. and this is the only life you got! Food may taste good, but living a fulfilled life is much better!

Wendy - I have lots of clothes, so I'll just bundle up! It'll just be nice to go home after so long! Last time I was in Winnipeg I was there for 4 days, and all of those days were spent with my family, no visiting friends. I am looking forward to it.. not to mention being able go to for a walk! You just can't do that where I live now.. you gotta drive somewhere to go for a walk..

NCAA basketball is basically consuming my tv, and the bf doesn't want to leave the house. So it'll be a weird Saturday! He has a little bit of a cold, so he's using that as his excuse not to leave the couch.. lame! I have to go buy new shoes, and I guess I'll go grocery shopping too. Maybe go find somewhere to walk..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-22-2009, 07:45 PM

It's hot.....really hot! How is everyone feeling?

SwimGirl
03-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Shari - it's COLD here! Please share! :lol:

Down 1 pound this morning.. had a ****ty weekend.. boo. Went shopping, spent too much money since I was so depressed.. but I got some cute clothes and more shoes.

-Aimee

purplecrush
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone...im having a problem......im sooo tired of losing weight! Well I like the losing weight part, but I hate measuring, writing things down, counting points, etc!! I KNOW I have to, but I dont WANT to!!! lol...it irritates me to no end. I guess im just being lazy.

Went to the beach with BF and all 4 kids and we shouldnt have done that! It was a disaster lol..I didnt do too bad with eating crappy food though. Walked/hiked around a huge a$$ lake..about 2 miles around..that was beautiful !!

Anyhoo...enough of my venting..

Have a great day!!

JasonsLea
03-24-2009, 04:15 PM
WOOOT Aimee!

Randee, I know exactly how you feel! I was in the same position last year. So I stopped counting points and all that jazz. I usually easy for me to remember what I ate, when I'm not depressed and shoveling food down my throat.

Which is where I am now. I won't say I'm depressed but I've definitely been a human garbage disposal the last few days. I just don't seem to care anymore. :(

JasonsLea
03-25-2009, 01:03 AM

I was thinking about how crappy I've been feeling lately and I realized that too much shyt is going on. Pending power shut off, rent for next month, lease is about to end so I have to find another place, job makes me want to hurt myself, and the WL thing. So I've decided that I'm hiding the scale till May. I actually went and boxed it up after work. I feel a little bit better. :)

Rosario
03-25-2009, 11:37 AM
shari - with everything going on in your life right now, maybe it is a good idea that you don't obsess over the scale. In the long run, that may be a good thing for you. Haven't you ever heard of the saying "don't go looking for love, let it find you"? Well, I think that applies to weight loss too. Sometimes, you lose weight without even trying. I guess not obsessing takes the pressure off of staying on plan and working out. You might be doing these things unconsciously if you're mind wasn't on it 24/7. Know what I mean? (or am I a nutcase who has no idea what they're talking about??) hang in there! :hug:

randee - that's hard! all the work that comes with eating right and losing weight can be a pain in the ***. But you ARE losing weight. So it's all for a greater good, right? One day, it won't be this tiring and irritating. But you know you have to pay your dues. It'll all be worth it in the end. So, like Shari, you hang in there too!!!

aimee - congrats on the loss!! you're kicking my butt :D what did you pick up when you went shopping? the dr's appt turned out good. everything came back normal. except for something in my liver. some count was too high so I need to go back in 6 weeks to get more bloodwork done. If the levels are still elevated, then we'll decide from there what to do. (I have no idea what levels and all, the nurse wasn't very good at giving me info).

Aimee, I'm taking your advice and watching what I really eat. These past couple of days I've been on a huuuuge gorgefest (again, the bf was involved) and I'm really tired of feeling rundown and icky. I've decided that fresh is best! I'm going to try to stay away as much as possible from processed and starchy foods. Starchy foods because they really drag me down, i.e. mashed potatoes, white rice, white bread. Processed foods because they just aren't good for me i.e. cookies, chips, and all that other junk. I'm going to try to stick with protein, fresh fruits and veggies, and whole grains. It's going to be tough, but I know if I put my mind to it, I can do it!! And I'll limit myself to one (hear that, one!) meal of whatever I want to eat!! I'm really hoping I can do this. It's nice knowing I've got a plan. Finally!!

I might be going to Las Vegas in July for my cousins bachelorette party. That's exciting. But something I really need to work for. Being fat in Vegas is a no-no. It's too damn hot and they're are too many hot bodies walking around. I WILL NOT be fat when I go to Vegas!!

T-minus 3 days til the baby shower. I've run out of money and there are still items to be bought. eek! I'll have to see what I've got up my sleeves.

Ok, I've talked for far too long. Hope you gals are all doing well!!

SwimGirl
03-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Randee - you've lost 50 pounds!! Lady, you are doing SO good, you have to keep it up! It didn't take you that long to lose it did it? You are doing too good to stop. Hope you are feeling better about it today! Was the beach really that warm that your kids were wearing t-shirts and shorts??? omg, I am dreaming of warmer weather!

Shari - Definitely get rid of that scale! It's really hard to lose weight under the best of circumstances, so trying to lose weight during the amount of stress you are under? No wonder you are struggling! You've got to focus on eating for energy to get through your days.

Rosario - Glad you've got some focus! Your plans sounds like mine before I went to South Beach, Josh's big plan for me is to count calories for 2-4 weeks and then switch to South Beach for 2-4 weeks.. he thinks by changing it up constantly my body won't get used to one plan and will lose weight faster. It was funny to hear him say that, he normally doesn't talk about my weight loss. Cute man. When I went shopping I got work t-shirts, and then a more dressy one, that hides my tummy! And I got a workout jacket, I am obsessed with those.. lol. Glad to hear the dr's appointment went well! Josh had elevated liver enzymes once, it was from taking tylenol/ibuprofen. He had to stop taking all drugs for over 2 months. But he's normal now!

I haven't been doing the best these days, but we finally went grocery shopping! I'd eaten every healthy thing in my house, :lol: I will weigh today, but it'll be bad.. just cross your fingers for me that it's not TOO bad! Josh and I might go downtown today to check out the stuff going on for the Juno's, which is basically the Canadian version of American Music Awards or Grammy's. It's happening in Vancouver this year, the tickets are a little expensive for us to actually go, but they are doing free concerts starting today! Kinda cool. Anyways, I am off! Have a good one!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
03-27-2009, 10:23 PM

How are you all doing?

So the power got shut off this morning. Thankfully it was in the morning, and I was home so I was able to set out some candles before I left for work. I'm going to see if I can stow what food I have in a neighbor's fridge for a while.

Crazy, crazy, I finally got my first WAH job offer but all the schedules run into my current job! :tantrum: It was much needed money too, $500 right off bat when I completed training, $8.75/hr. I'm so afraid they are going to take forever to send me another offer! :(

Mama and the fam are leaving for Alabama on Sunday.

TTYL! I'll try to check in sometime this week. :grouphug:

Rosario
03-30-2009, 01:54 PM
I've been gone but now I'm back. Baby shower finally came and went. Everything turned out great!! Lots of people didn't show up but whatever, we still had a great time with the ones that did. My eating has been out of control, but with nothing to plan anymore :(, I can concentrate on my dieting and working out. Yay! Gotta look good this summer!!

Ix-nay on that eating plan that I had set forth in that earlier post. I guess I'll start slow by watching my portions and trying to stay away from junky food. And only one cheat meal per week. ONE!! that's going to be hard with bf always wanting to eat out but I guess I can always practice making good decisions.

Oh yea, and of course there's the working out part. Ay caramba!!

shari - I'm sorry about your power and that job. Everything happens for a reason...so I'm sure you'll get an even better job offer. Just have faith and stay positive!!

aimee - that's cool about those free concerts. I can't wait til the weather is nicer so me and the bf can go out in search of some of those. How did it go with the scale?? Good, I hope. Where do you shop at??

how is everyone else???

Rosario
03-30-2009, 01:55 PM
and as you can see, i was a bit up on the scale...0.6 to be exact :(

JasonsLea
03-31-2009, 09:07 PM

Today I've just wanted to cry. Good and bad tears.

First, my power will be on Friday. One of my mama's co-workers, who has taken it upon herself to watch out for me since Mama is gone, is helping me pay the bill. Both her and Mama double teamed me and I have to get over the mortification and be happy. :D

TOM arrived this morning and I was in pain! Then Pullo almost gave me a heart attack. I had to switch his food so his tummy was hurting and he pooped in his kennel. Pullo is a oddly clean dog so he never poops in his kennel! I let him out, feed him, opened the window to air out the house and went to take a shower. I come out, calling for him, and couldn't find him anywhere! My apartment is only four rooms and the front door was locked so I was freaked.:eek: Then I heard my neighbor calling Pullo's name, I go to the kitchen, stick my head out the window, and see my dog standing on the edge of the damn roof! My neighbor had a ladder and was trying to get him down. Apparantly he jumped out the window onto the roof where my neighbors saw him. I can't tell you guys how scared I was! I had to put my Leonidas down because he was paralyzed and now my second puppy was standing on the edge of a freakin roof, he could have fallen and broke his neck or something!!! I called him like crazy and he just stood there, looking at me while wagging his tail. It took twenty minutes of coaxing for me to get him close enough to grab his collar and drag him back into the apartment. Damn dog. :headache: My friend Susie put it into perspective for me though. Pullo is a smart dog, he had to potty, he knew he wasn't allowed to do it in the house so he jumped out the window becuase that was the only way out. I guess it makes sense in a dog's mind. :rolleyes:

I had my inital workout at Bally's this afternoon. Alot of pain, mostly in my feet. :?:

Finally, a very, very sweet and generous 3FC friend has offered to rent a room in her house to me. It would save me alot of money and I can take Pullo with me. I have reservations, of course, cause I would hate to be a bother to her but I think we're going to talk it out. :^: Of course, this means I will have to tell my landlady that I will not be taking the house she showed me but I'm trying to be responsble and logical. I love the house but I would be struggling in the beginning. I need to save up money! One of my goals for this year was to pay down my debt and renting that room will be the perfect opp to do it. You have to be responsible, Shari, responsible! :yes:

SwimGirl
04-01-2009, 02:55 AM
Shari - I am helping to hire people for demo'ing for a company called Vichy, wanna apply? ;) 17-20 dollars an hour! Such good money *I* am considering applying! Glad to hear things are turning up for you!! Yikes, thats pretty freaky about your puppy! I don't know how you do it lady! I can't afford a kitten, or even my boyfriend, :lol: nevermind a puppy!

Rosario - the scale keeps jumping around, one day 254, the next 256, and back to 254... it's weird! I haven't been dieting though, I've just been in too much pain to even THINK about dieting. It's terrible, because I'd probably feel better! Ironic really. So how's things going? You getting back on track? The summer is coming FAR too quickly :( Darn you summer! Where do I shop? Mostly Canadian companies, Ricky's is where I got my jeans (4.99 each!!), Smart Set for t-shirts and that workout jacket.. I'm not quite in their sizes yet.

Not much going on in my end of the world, just working lots, starting to get ready for our trip.. just 9 days to go! I am excited, a little scared, it'll be fun I hope! Nice to not work anyways :) We didn't end up finding any free concerts, ah well.. Josh and I had a nice weekend, it was his birthday.. we spent it together.. he hates his bday and says he just wants to spend it with me. Cute boy. We also participated in Earth Hour, not too many people did though! I don't get it.. it's our EARTH, our FUTURE. Anyways, it angers me that so many people couldn't be bothered to turn their power off for even ONE hour. End of my ranting.. I am off to bed! Good night!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
I woke up this morning to SNOW!!! Mother nature is playing a sick little joke on us! Ugh, sooo gross!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Aimee ~ What's Vichy? SNOW?! Seriously, omg! When was Earth Day?! I missed it, crap!

SwimGirl
04-02-2009, 03:33 AM
Shari - it's a skin care line, it's for sensitive skin, nice brand, very nice brand actually. Good price for what you get too! I quite enjoy it. Earth Hour was on Saturday night from 8:30-9:30. Earth Day isn't until April, near the end.. I can't remember the exact date right now. And if I was so darn tired I'd google it..

My new pills are helping with my stomach, just not the pain in my sides. Ugh, that pain needs to go away. I had a little cry-fest this morning, mostly because I can't sleep on either side, or my back, or my stomach, I can't sleep in my bed, haven't slept in my bed for nearly 2 months!!! And this morning I couldn't sleep on the couch... too much pain. K, thats my little vent/rant. I feel like I'm going insane, because it never goes away. I better end this now before I start to cry again... goodnight ladies...

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-02-2009, 07:58 PM

Aimee ~ :hug:

I feel so awful today, mostly job caused. I wanna eat everything in sight! My thighs are still sore from the trainer session Tuesday. I'm off this weekend and I'm hitting the gym.

TTYL!

back at it
04-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Hi girls!! I have been SO busy the past while! In Mexico I met someone and he's already been here for a visit!! AND he's coming back in a couple weeks!!! Trying to concentrate on school stuff but I have him on the brain! LOL!
Looks like I have a real reason to lose the weight...and by July!! Guess it doesn't help that I have a bag of chips in front of me. Heading to the trash can now!
Catch ya later!! I miss ya all!

Rosario
04-06-2009, 12:28 PM
wendy - a romantic someone??? hmmm???

shari - I'm glad things are starting to look up for you. Crazy animals!! They keep us on our toes! But I love them!!! About your bills, make a plan and STICK TO IT!! Write out a weekly budget and your weekly bills and go by that. Whatever you have left, pay more towards your bills or stick it into a savings. But the key is going by what you write down or else it won't work out. GOod luck! And keep going to the gym...you'll feel a lot better!

aimee - 4.99 jeans?!?! score!! I love a good deal. Too bad I can't ever catch a break in my sizes!! I always see the cutest clothes at bargain prices but in small sizes! Skinny people get all the fun! I didn't participate in earth hour. I had no idea it was going on. If I did, I would have though. You know what, bf's mom has problems with her stomach too. I can't say what it is in english tho. When she stays away from a lot of foods (i.e. spicy, greasy, oily, sodas, etc.) she has no problems. But even drinking whole milk, upsets her stomach. Maybe it's your diet that is making your stomach hurt so much. Has the dr. discussed that with you?

I have been on an eating frenzy like caraaazy! the scale said 257.6 this a.m. and I must count it since it is Monday. I've just been eating everything in site. I've been doing a bit better this morning. I've got my snacks and everything.

It's almost my birthday so I wanna get on to losing weight already. I have to take a new pic for my dl and I don't want that double chin there. <sigh> too bad I didn't start this sooner!!

I'm hoping to be back here daily now!!! I need to stay on track!!! Hope you gals are with me!

sotypical
04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Wow I suck... I really should be posting. lol

Hi Girls!

back at it
04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes a romantic someone!!!! He's coming back in 2 weeks!! Yahooo!
Me too Ro, I have to get back here daily too! I'm in!
Courtney, LOL! You are funny!

sotypical
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
LOL I didn't even read Ro's post... I need to be here daily too. This is getting stupid. I did even post on my blog today... for the first time in 6 months!

The 3 of us need to kick each others butts! we MUST post AT LEAST once a day, even if it is a drive by Hello. How does that sound? Set a reminder on your cell phone if you have to!!
:club:

SwimGirl
04-07-2009, 12:22 AM
If you guys start posting, it won't be like I'm talking to myself all the time :P

-Aimee

Rosario
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
aimee - there you go!!

courtnie - yes start posting!! It'll be good for you!

wendy - hurray for romanticism!!!

ok, have you guys ever ate so much that your tummy was sore from eating? oh gosh that happened to me yesterday. I don't know what happened. I was good at work: ate my bfast, my snack and my lunch. But after lunch something went wrong and I ate an extra cheese square. Ok, no big deal. But when I got home...ay yi yi! I went crazy. I don't know what happened. Grrr....and the bf is just enabling me. He is no help at all. Actually, he feeds my addiction! Just because he's not fat and he can eat whatever he wants!!

To top it off, I had McD's for bfast. <sigh> I really suck at this guys.

But hopefully coming clean to you guys every day will help me shame myself into losing weight. LOL I don't know...something needs to click and soon.

How are all of you doing?

back at it
04-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Hello! Actually did a weigh in today...I;m at 145, this sucks! :( Oh well, my own doing. Just don't seem to know where to start this journey...sigh.

Later gaters, gotta take the kid to swimming lessons.

JasonsLea
04-08-2009, 02:30 AM

I'm so psyched about moving! *screams* Happy girl!

Rosario
04-08-2009, 12:03 PM
****! I just had a post and "server disconnected"....grrrr! blimey!

I'll be back.

back at it
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Shari~ Yahooo!I am happy you are happy!!

Went shopping today instesd of going to class, I needed a break from reality!
Hope you are all doing okie dokie today! :)

Rosario
04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
wendy - sorry about the scale...but now you can really jump into things and kick it's butt. I don't know where to start either. I guess just pick an area and start there! can't hurt!

shari - I'm guessing you decided to take that room? I'm glad you are so that money won't be such a stressor in your life. Now you can stress out about what you are eating and what you're doing for exercise!!

I hate posting everyday because my story is pretty much the same. Epic failures are my daily thing it seems like. No reason really. I'm not stressed and there's nothing really going wrong right now so I can't blame it on emotional eating. It's just plain, gluttonous eating. Gosh, I'm going to ****. lol

But today's a new day, and I haven't given up on trying yet. I know I'll eventually get it right. But I hope it's soon because I am literally making myself sick! Not a good thing!

How are you courtnie, randy, and aimee???

sotypical
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Ro!

I am doing good! I have been staying on track and blogging! yay! Blogging seems to really help me.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles, just keep going!!

back at it
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Posting! Posting! Hey all, just checking in!!!

JasonsLea
04-10-2009, 03:25 AM
OMG, seriously!?!?

I got my second WAH job offer and I had to turn this one down for the same reasons I had to turn down the first one: the hours ran into my hours at the VA.

Here's the kicker: this job would have paid $650 after training! :faint:

WTF?! Since I'm moving in with Nessa, I could have actually spent some of that money on things I want, instead of bills! :tantrum: Like decorations for my new room, a mountain bike, new jeans, sneakers, a bra, bath stuff....the list goes on and on. *sigh* It's been literally years since I had money just for whatever.

back at it
04-11-2009, 05:42 PM
hey all! Whats shakin'? I'm doing the eat less and try stay away from junk food diet LOL!....down 2 lbs!
I have a wedding in June that I have to look smashing for!!! ;)

SwimGirl
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey everyone, just popping in while on vacation! It's been SO sunny and nice here!! Not like beach weather, but pants, t-shirt with sweater. We have been driving around, walking around, finding the ice jam's. We've been eating lots of bad foods, today I had oatmeal for breakfast, a smokey for lunch, with some mini donuts for dessert. We also picked up cinnamon buns and coke. I better start walking more :lol: On the plus side, it's actually EASY to walk here! I can literally walk outside the door and go for a walk, at home I have to drive at least 5 minutes. Anyways, we are enjoying ourselves so far :) No scales here, so I won't know what's happening until I get home.

-Aimee

back at it
04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi all! happy Easter to you!!
Just getting ready to go to the folks for dinner, turkey with all the fixings...so I will have some turkey and veggies....and maybe 2 or3 perogies ;) and that will be it for me. I gotta lose some weight by late June.
Hope you are all enjoying the weekend!!

JasonsLea
04-13-2009, 03:14 AM
WTG Wendy! :broc: You have a summer wedding to go to, too? One of my BFFs is finally getting married this summer (haven't set a date yet) and I want to look at least presentable.

Aimee ~ Glad you are enjoying the vaca! Sounds nice.

Where are you Ro and Courtnie?!

I broke my scale exile for another thread and I weighed in at 261.4 so I haven't gained anything since hiding the scale, which is a good thing. :) Not stepping on the scale again till April 30th.

Rosario
04-13-2009, 12:29 PM
shari - glad you haven't gained anything! but nows the time to start losing something. What has been your plan lately??

wendy - congrats on your loss!

aimee - glad you're having a good time. I bet you'll have a loss....we always lose when we don't even try.

courtnie - good to hear you're staying on track! keep it up!

I've been eating way too much, but the good thing is I finished up Day 2 of Level 1 of 30 DS. I still feel really bloated though. I'm guessing TOM is going to start soon or I'm just eating waaay too much. I'm guessing it's the latter. But whatever, I'm concentrating on the working out part right now.

back at it
04-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Yep, going to be a great wedding!
So whats up today ladies? I am still at 144, thats ok I suppose. I'm thinking I can cancel the gym membership, I never have time to go anyway and walking outside is free!!! I wanted to use the treadmill in the winter so thats why I had the membership.
Gotta run! Have a good day!!

SwimGirl
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Wendy - I had 3 perogies, and just 1 cabbage roll, so yummy though! I would definitely have a gain from yesterday's dinner, thank goodness for no scales here! Congrats on your loss, you can definitely lose that weight by June!

Shari - I'm having fun so far :) We've been laying pretty low so far, but today Josh and I are going to go to the mall, shop a little... go for a walk if the rain stops! Congrats on maintaining!!

Rosario - hopefully I won't see a gain! I had to go out and buy 1% milk because my grandma uses 3%, sooo fatty and soo rich! But hopefully all the homemade foods work good in my body. Drink lots of water, that always helps me when I'm feeling bloated.

Well today we are going to a mall that has a lot of memories for me, I used to go there when I was 10-ish, we'd go buy barbie clothes, jelly shoes and candy, :lol: and then when I was 14 we'd go to look at boys... ahhh memories! Have a good day!

-Aimee

back at it
04-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Which mall did you go to Aimee???
At least it's not snowing!!

Rosario
04-14-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm bloated, crampy and just feeling gross all over. Yesterday went very badly. Oh well, onto today. I'm feeling a bit better, but still not up to par. Maybe I'll get a work out in tonight to try and feel a bit better about myself. We'll see.

have a good one errbody!

sotypical
04-14-2009, 12:56 PM
ugh, Ro I hear you... yesterday was okay for me, but today... I dunno. I got up this morning to exercise, stood in the kitchen and went back to bed!

last week I exercised every morning, but by friday I was DEAD tired. And this weekend I am going to vegas - so I might ditch the exercising, or some of it this week.

back at it
04-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Seems we are all feeling the same way. :( I actually went and cancelled my gym membership, I never have the time to get there so why pay for something I don't use. I feel guilty but what can ya do.10 weeks till the wedding and 9 lns to lose.
Adios amigas

SwimGirl
04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Wendy - we went to Polo Park yesterday, it wasn't that eventful.. but it was good all the same! Tonight we are taking my grandma to St Vital to pick out some perfume and some shoes. We went to Grand Beach today, it was frozen. But we walked thru the sand dunes and Josh got stuck in some snow up to his waist. So funny.

Rosario - Today is a new day! Thank goodness for that sometimes, you'll get less bloated soon, just drink more water!

Courtnie - I am very excited for you! I hope you have a ton of fun! When are you leaving and back?

I don't feel like I've exercised in forever, :lol: I've been eating all my meals at home, but I gotta say... I've likely gained with all the richness and the quantity! I could really go for some perogies, which is pretty much just fat, but oh-so yummy!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-15-2009, 02:01 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have a gym membership and have only used it once! It doesn't help that the closest gym is a 45 min ride on the bus and the two connecting buses always miss each other. :( Hopefully it'll get better once I move.

sotypical
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Aimee - I am going over to Van on the 17th to have dinner with a friend, staying at his place and flying out on the 18th and coming back on the 23rd! So excited!

And yum, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE perogies. And eat them too often.

back at it
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey all, just checking in. Polo Park Mall is BORING!!! LOL! I live 10 minutes away so I go there often.
Just trying to concentrate on math homework, not fun but has to be done.
I'm tired, and feeling like a whale right now, think I'll go to bed and dream thin things. Night all!

back at it
04-17-2009, 06:28 PM
hey all, just finished some jelly beans I have low blood sugar so I needed a quick boost and I didn't have any juice so jelly beans were the next best thing!
Taking it easy this weekend, my back is acting up so I'll be relaxing as much as I can.
I'll be back on Monday, signing off for the weekend. Have a good one!!!

JasonsLea
04-18-2009, 06:24 AM

OMG I'm like schizo with this moving! One day, I'm so nervous and terrified and the next, like today, I'm SO happy and psyched up!

Susie took me to Wallyworld so I was able to get a crapload of groceries.

For some reason, I want to get dolled up.

back at it
04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
SHari~ Did you get dolled up???? Happy you are happy!!!! =)

Not much new here, weighed in today at 144 still, not really trying to hard to lose for some reason, although I DO have a reason to try...just no motivation =(
Where is everyone?
Ro~ How was the B-day festivities???

SwimGirl
04-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Well I am home! Just got home tonight, a couple of hours ago. I'm unpacked, ate dinner and ready for bed! :lol: I am back to work in the morning, the boss scheduled me in for 11:30am, but at least it's a shorted shift. I am gonna get on the wii tomorrow and find out the damage, I am hoping its not more than 10 pounds. But after 12 days of unrestricted eating it will NOT be good. Wish me luck!

-Aimee

Rosario
04-21-2009, 11:39 AM
aimee -good luck!!

wendy - they were very good!! very low-key and relaxing. I didn't feel like doing much this year. math homework? what are you going to school for??

oy vey! I have been eating like no other! Bday weekend was full of eating lots and lots of food. Continued onto yesteday but I'm on a mission and hopefully I can stick to it.

See, there's this clothes site that I love. Alloy.com. Well, I really want to fit into a their size XL. I'm basing the measuremnts off of the size chart and figured out how much I need to lose. Inches wise, anyways. So I really don't want to see the scale anymore (btw, it said 259 this morning:yikes:). I'm hoping this will help me to stay on plan and in check. I'm hoping, anyway.

also, I had to renew my drivers license this weekend. Well, I put my real, true weight on it. It was scary. I guess I did that to motivate me. I can't wait for the day to have to go back and put a smaller weight on it. Loco, right?

I really need to go to the grocery store!!

How is everyone else??

SwimGirl
04-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Well Rosario, our bodies seem to be thinking the same thing! This morning I weighed in at 258.8. After 12 days of eating everything and everything in sight, I am actually impressed with this though! I seriously was eating so so bad, you gals have NO idea. I had chips, candy, perogies with full fat sour cream, pudding with 3% milk (omg!! Never even had this before in my LIFE). It was terrible.. so yeah, I am happy with this. Can only go down from here!

-Aimee

back at it
04-22-2009, 12:21 AM
hey girls, just checking in!! Off to bed now, night!

Rosario
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
It's going to be a great day!! I can feel it!

Rosario
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Vanilla Chai tea is awesome!!!!

back at it
04-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Is it? gotta try it!!

JasonsLea
04-23-2009, 01:18 AM

Wendy ~ I didn't that day. But I might this week or the next. I really want to get my hair cut. I'm having a hard time with motivation too.

Ro ~ I like some of the shirts and dresses from Alloy.com. I've been drinking ALOT of green tea lately. I'll try the vanilla chai though if I see it next time I go shopping.

Aimee ~ I didn't know there was 3% milk! :dizzy: I'm glad you had a good vaca and didn't gain too much!

I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. :) Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though. :o

SwimGirl
04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Rosario - from time to time I drink a vanilla chai, thanks for reminding me of it! I tried it again yesterday, it tasted good... but my stomach wasn't too happy with my choice. I might have to stay away from Starbucks, break my morning habit! It'll save me some money anyways!

Shari - when is moving day? I love to pack, its very freeing for some reason. I guess I just like to get rid of clutter. I do feel lucky to have only gained 3 pounds, I ate faaar too much!

It's a little hard being home, my apt is just tooo small for us now. We need to move outta here, but it's hard to pay double the rent. I'm sure I've mentioned before that we pay 575 now, but to move into a 1 bedroom apt we'd be paying 1200. Yucky! The other prospect for us it moving to Winnipeg, we've both been offered jobs there... and within a couple of years we'd be making combined 150,000, vs the 80,000 now. Anyways, its a pretty huge decision considering the weather in Winnipeg is SO different from Vancouver. We'd be giving up very mild weather for very cold weather. We have a lot to think about.. that is whats on my mind these days...

-Aimee

back at it
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Aimee~ ACK, I live here in Winterpeg and it's SO brutal in the winter...and mosquitoes in the summer, but it may be a good change for you!!

Shari~ I feel like packing!! LOL! Wish I could come and help! I have been cleaning out my closet and drawers lately, getting rid of 3 garbage bags full of stuff so far. Reality is that I will never fit into those size 4 jeans that I've been hanging onto for almost 6 years. Most of the T-shirts and tanktops I will never fit my bust into again, maybe if I cut them apart and sewed 2 together it would work! HAHA!

I wish I had some free cash to go get my nails done, my fingernails split length wise so I get gel nails, right now they are so long and I need a fill in the worst way but just can't afford it with RJ going to a birthday party for his friends every week this month so far. Whaaa, I want to be pampered!! LOL!
Good news is I'm down with weight again!! Maybe by the weekend I can be at 140!!

Ok, enough babble from me, back to work I go!
Have a good day ladies!! :)

SwimGirl
04-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I got on the scale today to see what has happened since yesterday :lol: I went up to 259.5, but today I was down to 258.6. I went for a walk today, it's so easy to exercise in the sun!

Wendy - It would be a big change, it would give us an opportunity to save money for a few years to buy a place here.. it wouldn't be a permanent move, just for a few years. It's a huge decision for me, Josh is so easy to make up his mind. Wish I was that certain.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Aimee ~ I would go for it! you may like it, you may not, but either way you can save up money and add that to the lists of experiences in your life. :)

Wendy ~ I wish I could get my nails done too. Mainly my toes. They look atrocious, if there was a law against fugly toes, I would have been thrown in year by now and gotten a life sentence!!!

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at almost 5 am! :lol: I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up.

SwimGirl
04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Shari - nicely done! Packing is hard to get into, but once you start it's hard to stop! Josh and I talked about the move again last night, I think we are leaning towards it... it's not an entirely new experience. I grew up in Winnipeg, my family moved to BC when I was 14 years old, and then I moved back to Winnipeg when I was 18 for a year.

Not much going on over here today, I am working today and tomorrow, but have Sunday off :) Hopefully I can sleep in! My back has been so sore, so sleeping in hasn't worked for me since we got home. I love sleeping in! Alrighty, I am off to work, have a good day!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-26-2009, 03:26 AM

TOM started yesterday which explains the bottomless pit my stomach was a few days prior. Thank god I took off a few days this week and next week for the move. This morning I was able to just lay in bed and moan. Washed the rest of my dirty clothes and got some more packing done, just need to get to Wallyworld to get another storage container. I'll probably do some more packing before I get to bed. :)

Has anyone seen the new WE show, I Want To Save Your Life? I watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. The person was this woman named Jennifer, busy working mom. The scene that stood out to me was when he went with her to her favorite bakery and let her get her usual piece of chocolate cake. BUT as soon as they walked out, he let her know that it would take 2 1/2 hours of walking to burn off the calories for the slice of cake and they were going to walk those 2+ hours before she could eat the cake, while she was holding it! 2.5 hours to walk off a piece of cake?! WHOA! :dizzy:

SwimGirl
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Shari - Yeah I dunno about walking for 2.5 hours for a piece of cake! But its amazing how fast it can go down at the same time yah know? When exactly is moving day?

It's a sunny weekend here :) Makes it easier to get out for walks! Today I'm hoping to get a little bit of a tan from the sun... so bad for the skin, yet feels and looks so good. I'm BAD! So my scale is slooooooowly working its ways down. It's getting a little painful actually. It's gone from 258.8, 259.5, 258.6 and then 258.4 today. TOM is supposed to start soon, so maybe thats why it's moving so slowly. I thought the water weight would come right off.. anyways I am off to go for a walk!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
04-27-2009, 04:24 AM
Aimee ~ Moving day is Wednesday. Two more days!

Rosario
04-27-2009, 10:38 AM
shari - I'm glad you're being very positive about your mood. I'm happy that it seems like the right thing for you. I HATE moving. I've had to move 3 times in the past 4 years and I feel like I've moved enough to last a lifetime!! But I guess it is good exercise especially if you're climbing up and down stairs a lot (work those thighs!).

aimee - Did you not take my advice about not drinking coffee??? lol I'm telling you, it'll work wonders for you. Bf's mom stopped drinking her daily cup and hasn't had stomach pains since then. I feel your pain about feeling cramped at home. Me and bf are living in a bedroom in his parents house. I miss my own space and everything!! That move sounds very tempting. And it's good that you already have job offers if you do move. That'd be one thing you wouldn't have to worry about. It might be a good move for you. I'm going to have to follow your lead and start going for walks!! the weather has been L-O-V-E-L-Y!

wendy - Thats funny what you said about your son having a bday party every weekend! What a social butterfly!! I have lots of clothes that I'm keeping but am not ready to get rid of because I'm still hoping to fit into them again one day. Wishful thinking. Why not save your loose change and use that to pamper yourself? I bet in a month you can save up enough to get a manicure or pedicure. It does add up fast! Glad your back down on the scale.

Well, I weighed myself this weekend and I was not happy. 259.6. I can't think of another time being that heavy. I guess I've reached my breaking point and want to finally start doing something about it. It's just upsetting and frustrating that I have so much to lose. grrrrr!! and it's all my fault!!! oh well, I can't stress over that. I just have to work my butt off from here on out.

There's a park near my casa that has a walking trail. I think I'm going to start going for walks. Like I said, the weather has been amazing here ( a little too warm) and I need to start taking advantage of it. I wish my bf would get off of his lazy butt so I wouldn't have to go alone. But he's going to start playing soccer soon and will probably have that extra 5-10 pounds he's carrying around fall off of him in a week! Damn him!!! lol

have a good one gals!! :wave:

Rosario
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
hey guys!

I did great yesterday. Stayed OP and went for a 30 minute walk at the park. Gosh, I am really feeling this extra weight! While walking, I was feeling pain in my ankles and knees. So not good. But it might of been the shoes I was wearing too, I don't know.

Bf's sis is in the hospital about to give birth, so I'm planning on heading over there after work. Hopefully, I get home when it's still light outside so I can go walk again.

anyways, here's to another great day!!

back at it
04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi everyone! Feeling sick today so not to worried about eating junk when I don't even feel like eating, should get sick more often! ;) I'm actually going to spend the morning in bed and the afternoon studying for a math test tomorrow, not fun. Math and I just don't get along! LOL!
Hope you all have a good day!

sotypical
04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Hey!

Aimee - you need to move here! I can't promise you 150,000k a year, but I can promise an exercise friend! That is worth it? Right? Oh, and you could get a two bedroom basement suite or apartment for less then 1200. More then 575 though, lol.

JasonsLea
04-28-2009, 11:38 PM

I start moving tomorrow. :) I'm ready to get it over and done with. I'm thisclose to getting a new computer, I just need to get someone literate on the canteen phone line. :dz: Question: what gives people the impression that they can treat people in 'lesser' positions like crap? Oh, I'm sorry that I haven't latched on to a guy with a pension and popped out some kids. Would you like for me to kiss your feet? I realize that since I work in food service, I must not be very intelligent, therefore I shall defer to you even though you haven't worked food service....ever. Happy, asshat? :rolleyes: And I hope that the VA police knows CPR because the next time they decide to have a fire drill and force me into a closed off hallway behind closed double doors, I can't guarantee that I will be concious once it's over. :faint: Suffocating is no fun.

SwimGirl
04-29-2009, 03:09 AM
Rosario - Woohoo! Congrats on your perfect day! I am enjoying walking alone, I have my ipod and I just walk and think and walk some more.. it's been good! Although I have a ton of late shifts this week, so no walking for me today or tomorrow :( How was today?

Wendy - I hate being sick! Yuck, hope you are feeling better!

Courtnie - you could come with me to Winnipeg ;)

Shari - good luck with your move tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly :)

I was feeling a little ill this morning, thanks to Josh... grrr.. he's super sick! I went to work today and made it thru the day, I just had too much stuff to do to even think about being sick. I'm sleeping lots though, I haven't had a flu/cold in 5-6 months, I surely am NOT gonna start now! I bought some fruit yesterday, and am excited to cut them all up! My plan is to have 10 servings of fruits and veggies a day, and exercise to burn 500 calories a day. I need to do some serious grocery shopping this weekend to get some healthy food in my house!

-Aimee

sotypical
04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Aimee - I think I will pass on the Winterpeg invitation but you have a great time! lol - I really think you guys should move here tho ;) haha

Good idea on wanting to eat all the fruits and veggies - I really need to eat more, I eat some but I think I need more. You should come join me and Ro in the planning thread! It is in the 20 somethings secetion. If you want to plan that is.

I am posting this morning from my BlackBerry while riding my exerxise bike! Go me!

A friend and I are going to Boston Pizza to celebrate... we or she at least has a very good reason, I just hope I can stay on track with the meals I picked out and don't cave to something bad.

I really need to get my butt in gear and try a little harder... If I really put my mind yo it maybe I will see the 170s if a few weeks *sigh* why are we so good at preventing ourselfs from what we really want? Why can't I get back into that midset I was in when I started a few years ago...

Anyway I am just rambling. Happy hump day everyone.

Rosario
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I didn't get my walk in yesterday. I was at the hospital. Bf's sis had her baby and he's the cutest little thing. Seeing babies gets my biological clock ticking like crazy!! but it only lasts a while. one day...

this week is going by so s l o w. It's only wednesday. yuck!! have plans to hit the park again tonight. I need my walk!!

wendy - Hope you're feeling better! btw - I love math!

shari - people who are like that are obviously insecure about themselves which is why they feel the need to put down people who are they feel are "below" them. Ignore them. they really aren't worth the effort. good luck with your move.

aimee - I hope it's not that swine flu that you got there. watch your symptoms!! Why not try walking before you go to work? I need groceries too!! Unfortunately, right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck so I have to wait :( I hate money.

courtnie - I feel ya. We know what we have to do yet we don't do it. But something put you in that mindset the other time so I'm sure it'll happen for you again. You just have to be patient and keep on keepin on. I'm still waiting for my reality check.

sotypical
04-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Good morning girls!

Ro - congrats on the new baby in the family! I love babies and seeing them always makes me want one... one day. I think a few weeks and maybe I will have that feeling back. My problem and this has been my problem for a while - is that I do really good during the week and suck on the weekends. Then I have to start all over again mon Mondays. I need to be good all the time. And maybe if I can suck it up and be good a few weekens in a row it will get easier... I think. lol

So I went to Boston Pizza last night and I did it! I stuck with the Taco Salad... I even got them to replace the side of sour cream with a side of guac! I did eat the one slice of garlic bread but all in all it was 11 points w/ the guac so I only went over by .5 for the day! Also, I have never readlly eaten or ejoyedd guac but the stuff last night was so good I can't stop thinking about it. I think I am going to get some for a treat on the weekend!

back at it
04-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Hello! Just checking in, I'm still sick so I spent the day in bed., and heading back there now.
Have a good day!

SwimGirl
05-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Hey! So I spent my evening cooking! I made these little broccoli, egg and cheese things for breakfast, some asparagus soup, some meatballs and strawberry jello with a package of cut up strawberries in it. Yummy!

Courtnie - I am terrrrrible at planning! Maybe if I get better on track I will, I need to start recording my calories too. This diet crap is hard work! Literally it could be a fulltime job. So if we move to Winnipeg, I am totally gonna get some kind of exercise thing, treadmill, elliptical or bike. Which would you recommend? I know you have the bike now, and used to have a treadmill.

Rosario - no swine flu for me! I am feeling allll better, just a couple of days with mega sleep - ins! I normally live paycheck to paycheck, this is a new thing for me lately... tomorrow is my "extra" paycheck, I am putting 400 bucks on my credit card, how responsible of me .. for once! :lol: I got out for a walk today! 55 minutes, and my ipod says I burned 338 calories, what a jip! I wanted to burn more...

Shari - how's it going over there lady??

Wendy - hope you feel better soon!

-Aimee

sotypical
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Aimee - you are going to have to walk faster! lol :p Do you use the nike plus thing too? I bought one last year and totally loved it while I used it. When it starts getting lighter earlier I might go for a run instead of my bike. As far as what I like best it is a bike especially my new recomberant bike. I don't know if it gives as good of a work out but I like it because it is super quiet, I don't have to worry about people blow me here hearing me jump around and it is easy to read or TV while on it. Or post to 3fc from your blackberry while riding LOL. I know they say if you are doing other things while exercising then you are not putting enough effort but I think it is better then no effort and I would get bored otherwise! How did everything turn out? Have you tried anything yet?

I didn't do a lot of cooking yesterday but I did do a lot of planning! I planned out my meals (mostly dinners) for the entire weekend in hopes that I can be good, stay on track and resist the frozen pizza.

Last night I made chicken parmesan (http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/04/baked-chicken-parmesan.html) with buttered whole wheat spaghetti and a side salad. The chicken was delicious!

Tonight I am making turkey burgers on the BBQ with cauliflower fritters (http://weight-watchers-points-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/02/cauliflower-fritters-25.html).

And lots more yummy things. I am going to take pics and post them in my blog I think. Hopefully that will keep me excitedx and motivated to keep going.

Anyway enough posting for now. TGIF girls!

SwimGirl
05-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Courtnie - I totally know all those recipes, they are from that site, right? I tried everything last night! :lol: But just small amounts! The soup was okay, needed something else... next time, potatoes in it! The breakfast thing turned out very yummy, and the meat balls were good too! My mom gave me the recipe for the meatballs. There is 1/4 a serving of veggies per serving of meatballs (thanks to grated carrots), the soup? 1/4 serving as well. I didn't do too well with adding more veggies into them. However I will eat them with salads to round out the meal.

TGIF is right, I was up toooooo late, thanks to picking Josh up from work at 10:30 last night, by the time we got home, he ate and we got into bed it was after 12 :( I am gonna be so sleepy tonight!

-Aimee

sotypical
05-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Aimee - yea the recipes were the ones we were chatting about yesterday! The chicken parmesan was delicious and so easy - now I have to make something to use the open jar of sauce in my fridge tho! I have never made meatballs... I should try it out!

Rosario
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
courtnie - that chicken parm looks YUMMY!! why not just put some sauce over some cooked veggies and top off with cheese to use up that extra sauce? Weekends are my downfall too. I guess we just have to treat them like any other day and not a "day off" from our plan. Great job on staying OP on your night out.

aimee - I would give up and die if I knew that actual count of the calories I am burning. If you feel good doing it, who cares how much you burn? I say, just as long as your moving, your on the right track. So are you guys seriously contemplating moving? How exciting!!

wendy - hope you feel better! eat some chicken soup!!

let's see, wednesday I got my walk in but I didn't get one in yesterday. It doesn't look so good out right now, so I'm not too sure if I'll get one in today. My eating hasn't been great but I have to keep on trying. My weigh in is tomorrow morning and I'm hoping for some kind of loss (anything!!!). My fingers are crossed.

Have a great one guys!

sotypical
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
WOW guys!

I just got back from a raw restaurant and it was AMAZING! I was so surprised. I had this wrap thing, but the wrap is like smashed veggies and grains into something that works like a wrap, and it wad some veggies in it. And then I had a rawrice crispy treat... so good! And so filling, wow. I will be going there more often. Wish I knew the weight watchers points, but since it is all veggies and not cooked I know it can't be bad!

back at it
05-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Yummmm, recipies look awesome!!!

La!!! La!! I'm happy today! =) I think I'm going to go out and eat some healthy restaurant food tonight...if there is such thing. I feel like celebrating!!!
Adios amigas!!

JasonsLea
05-03-2009, 05:43 PM

It took forever but I'm finally all moved! And I'm totally counting it as exercise! :lol: Now, I just have to start the process of getting everything in order and set up. Cable guy is coming tomorrow so I'll have internet in my room! :carrot: Pullo seems to be doing well in the new place. Nessa is a big help! WI this week was down .6, not much but at least it's going in the right direction again. :)

back at it
05-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Good job Shari!! Glad thats all done for you!!
Well, anoother uneventful week ahead of me with exception of getting the trailer out to the lake on Friday! Otherwise it's work and school for me.
Just checking in here, now I'm going to go get the dye out of my hair and call it a night.
Bu-bye!

sotypical
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Shari - congrats on being all moved and the .6! Moving really is such a workout! I remember I lost like 4 pounds in 4 days from moving and painting and cleaning lol.

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend went really good for me - almost all on plan! I went into some of my flex points yesterday - and I was trying not to. But I didn't use them all, and I think the worst thing I ate all weekend was: a couple bites of chocolate, two small chocolate chip cooks, and a bowl of corn pops! So that is really good! For me anyway. No chips, pizza or fast food! Yay! And oi coiunted everything I ate this weekend - something else I haven't done in a long time. So I know I have flex points left for the week - I might need a few to eat some of these corn muffins. I wonder how corn muffins would freeze? My boytfriend didn't like them.

I went to this market too this weekend - where they keep goats on the roof lol. Anyway I got a bunch of produce really cheap! Like peppers (green, orange and yellow) for less then half of the cost of the regular store! It is a bit out of the way - about 10 min or so from my work - so like 40 min from home. But I could go sometimes on my lunch break maybe. I also got some mexician agave - supposed to be a natural low calorie sweetener - I have tried it yet, it was a bit cheaper then stevia and I am hoping it doesn't have the funny taste. I also got a jar of sugar free and decafinated vanialla chi mix! 50 calories 3 tbsp per serving, I had some and it was so good!

Anyway. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

SwimGirl
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey Gals! Not much going on over here, did some cleaning this weekend, threw out a TON of stuff. It's spring cleaning here, and we are allowed to throw out pretty much everything... and then people come and rummage through it... almost everything I put out is GONE! Got rid of some clothes, this old DVD rack, some christmas boxes I am tired of storing.. feels good :) Friday is my ladies event at work, it should be interesting! Because of the economy less people are booking appointments, I'm a little nervous about the turnout... but hopefully we'll have a lot of people just dropping by! Fingers crossed, because we need to make about 10,000!

Rosario - I think my calorie counting thing is wrong, but yes it is nice to know how much I'm burning.. I just want MORE, :lol: I went for a hike the other day, and it said I only burnt 120 calories or so... meanwhile it was the hardest workout I've done in a while! I am just calorie greedy ;) How did the WI go?

Shari - congrats on the loss and glad to hear the move went smoothly :)

Courtnie - I just noticed they opened a raw food place near my house, I definitely want to check it out! You remember that green smoothie I sometimes drink? Well its part of a raw food diet by some woman, I can't remember her name right now though.

Oh! The other news on my end is that Josh talked to the district manager yesterday, and I guess it went well.. they are going to make him an offer! I am secretly hoping for more money, but it's pretty standard what Josh would get (27/hr) and I am at max wages (18.50/hr)... but maybeeeee! We'd be moving in July, and they would pay for it, not too sure how many days of pay we'd get for our 30 hour drive though.

-Aimee

JasonsLea
05-05-2009, 05:44 PM

I got the internet and cable installed yesterday morning so I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow! I'm at work right now, massive headache already. :headache: I'm off tomorrow and Thursday, both of which will be spent unpacking all my junk. :cool:

Rosario
05-06-2009, 10:57 AM
courtnie - that raw rice crispy treat sounds yummy! I don't know how I'd do at a raw bar though....I keep thinking about that sex and the city episode. or that part in baby mama where they go to a vegetarian place and eat a bowl of yeast...lol too funny but it doesn't look appetizing to me. congrats on having a good OP weekend! vanilla chai = bliss

shari - glad you're all moved in and now have one less thing to worry about. Now you can really concentrate on weight loss. Yay!! Congrats on your loss.

wendy - time at the lake sounds sweet. so peaceful and relaxing. lucky, lucky you!!

aimee - have you tried using one of those websites that keeps track of how much calories you burn? I bet you are burning way more than you think. That bodybug thing looks really cool and accurate. Maybe you should give that a try. Congrats on the amazing opportunity you and the bf will be getting. A move is so exciting (and scary!!). I hope it all turns out well.

I was down 1.2 pounds last week. But I have been way off this week so far. Bad eating and no moving whatsoever. Went out last nite to celebrate cinco de mayo. Had a yummy margarita and yummy fish tacos. So good but so bad. And to top it off the ickiness is creeping back. You know, that bloated, feeling like a ball, feeling. I really have to get back into it!! and fast!

Have a good one girls!

SwimGirl
05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Well! It's pretty much official! Josh and I are moving to Winnipeg! In July, towards the end of the month. We will be going to Winnipeg in June for a long weekend to find a place to live, so that should be interesting. London Drugs is paying for the entire trip, and of course moving costs. We have to sign a 3 year contract, which is fine. I told my mom it was confirmed tonight, and she cried :( Hard!

On another note, the scale was down 1.3 this morning! Phew! The TOM weight is gone, even before TOM gets here.. I am relieved.. I hate TOM weight!

Rosario - congrats on your loss!! Hope this week treats you good too! We are looking into an apartment with a pool and a gym.. so that would be good for the diet! The same apartment is really close to walking trails as well. Exciting and so scary is right... but I have Josh, my grandma and my aunt!

-Aimee

Rosario
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
aimee - I am so excited for your move!! I love moving into a new place...you know the whole decorating thing, so that's why I'm super happy for you. Sad for your mom, but she'll cope with it. And hey, maybe you'll meet Wendy!!! Congrats on your loss!!

back at it
05-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey girls! Down with a killer migraine today due to the weather change, sucks.
I'm doing good with the weight loss I think, finally hit 140!
I see we have all had a loss!!! Great job girls!
Aimee~ Aw, feel bad for your mom :( BUT on the bright side, she'll come visit!!!What area of town are you looking at? Let me know if I can help out with anything ok?
Heading out to the cold rainy day to get the trailer packed up and ready to move out tomorrow, have a good day everyone!

Rosario
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I've been having a bad day, a bad week whatever. But I have had a sudden burst of MOTIVATION. Let's see if it lasts long enough to get my butt to the park to go for a walk (or if I'm brave enough to start running). Looks like it's going to rain out so I'm hoping it holds off until later tonight.

hope u guys are well.

SwimGirl
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Rosario - I heard something today that kind of made me think... "it's not about motivation, its about commitment". It has really stuck in my head, I've been thinking about what that means.. I don't know yet! I just did 20 minutes of step sitting on my butt thinking about that quote.. and decided I should be exercising instead... something to think about anyways! I am a little excited to move into a new place as well... more space would be nice too! And hopefully we can find a place with a pool.. I am sure I've mentioned that before ;)

Wendy - we are thinking of Osbourne Village, or maybe closer to the store, so near St Vital. Not too sure yet, depends on what we find that we like. We might have to compromise on a few things.

I weighed today again, bad habit! Down 1 pound! Woohoo! :)

-Aimee

back at it
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
The Village is nice area for sure, lots to do around there, and Bakes Expectations is there.... St, Vital is awesome, and it has Double D's cheesecake..LOL! Maybe stay where you are, to may temptations! j/k!!!

I have thats same bad habit of wanting to weigh every day, brutal.

Ro~ How was the walk?

SwimGirl
05-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Had a really rough day today... my brother said some really ****ty things, and I ate pizza for dinner. I am actually pretty heart broken right now.. but not over the pizza ;) Big day tomorrow.. I am excited to report back how it went! Cross all your fingers and toes for me!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
05-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Aimee ~ So exciting about the move! I'm sorry your brother got you down. :(

Ro ~ I need to start walking again. Maybe I can get Vanessa to go around the block with me.

Hey Wendy and Courtnie!

I maintained from last week, thank god. Pullo gave me a mini heart attack yesterday, if he keeps doing crap like this, I might have to give him up. :( I don't want to think about it.

back at it
05-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Shari~ What happened with Pullo?
Relaxing and studying this weekend, what fun,blah.

JasonsLea
05-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Wendy ~ Vanessa opened the front door for something and he jumped over her leg and took off like a shot. I was asleep at the time so I ran outside looking like a hot mess, nightclothes and no contacts. I called him, he looked at me like he was going to come but took off in the other direction instead. We live in a subdivision, he has no nametag, they would call the pound on him and I would never see him again! Tony had to get in the car and herd him into a culdesac so he could get him.

SwimGirl
05-11-2009, 02:49 AM
Shari - thanks, my brother can say some of the worst things EVER! He told me that he didn't love my mother, but had the exact opposite feeling for her. He also told HER this.. I am of course loyal to my mom, so it was rough! You gotta get Pullo a dog collar! Esp if he loves to run!

The event went GREAT at work, we did the kind of numbers we needed to :) And the foot massage was GREAT as well.. thats about it from me! No scales as TOM started!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
05-12-2009, 08:45 AM
OMG, worst period EVER! I am in sooo much pain and my painkillers just are NOT cutting it. I had to change them to something thats less harsh on my stomach and wow, they are not helping. I actually think I'm in so much pain I can't work today.. does that sound totally terrible? I feel like thats a weak reason to not work, like I should suck it up, but holy cow.. I feel like someone is digging out my insides with a dull spoon AND sharp knife. I haven't had cramps like this in nearly 3 years, sorry for my endless complaining about them.. I'm going to try and get some sleep.. I'll be back later to complain about them some more ;)

-Aimee

back at it
05-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Aimee~ UGH! I feel bad for you!Hope you get some relief soon!

I just sabotaged my own willpower :( I ate pizza and wasn't even hungry, and now I feel icky.
Take care all!!!

SwimGirl
05-12-2009, 10:52 PM
We are moving! It's pretty much all set now, I had the movers come today and I get a quote tomorrow. Got my dates to fly to Winnipeg to find a place, and we have our start date! July 5th! Big day, and I spent it at home in bed, I was soooo not feeling good. I slept until 1:30pm!!! I haven't slept in like this in years!

Wendy - I do that sometimes too, just remember tomorrow is another day :)

-Aimee

back at it
05-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Congrats on your final decision Aimee!! Glad to have a new neighbor!;) Hey, move close so we can go for walks! LMAO!
Yes, tomorrow is a tuna on wasa cracker day, I'm actually drooling thinking of all the goodness I will be stuffing into my body! Heehee!Looking forward to a clean eating day!
OK, just got off the phone with my honey, we talk for 2-3 hours at a time and the phone bills are stupidly expensive. Good thing he's coming here to visit in a week, don't know how long he can stay but he'll be back for the wedding in June so it won't be to long before we are together again.
Night!

SwimGirl
05-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Wendy - what part of the city are you in? Where is the man?

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser? It was pretty darn good :) I didn't watch the show at all this season, but I kinda wish I had now! :lol: I ate chocolate covered almonds while I watched it... sooo terrible!

-Aimee

Rosario
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
shari - Pullo sounds hilarious! my dog used to do that too and it was such a PITA. God love them! But get him a collar so in case he does escape, there won't be any problems.

aimee - how have the cramps been treating you? I'm telling you, your move sounds super exciting! okay, when you get your place and your all settled in you have to post up pics and all that jazz, k? here or on facebook!! so when is the big move? and I haven't seen the biggest loser. It's been awhile since I've seen a BL season.

wendy - LDR suck!! especially for the wallet. you need to get some sort of long distance plan!! hope you had a good eating day! btw - i've tried those wasa crackers and they taste like dirt to me :(

I have not been good. No excuses really. Just haven't been.

I got a new (well, new to me) elliptical machine. Yayy!! I've had it since last friday and I have yet to use it :(. Well, I did use it for 5 minutes on saturday and just about murdered my calves. But I'm going to suck it up and make using it a daily habit. I love the elliptical and the results I get with it.

hopefully, I'll have some good news to report back tomorrow.

back at it
05-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Aimee~I'm in Charleswood/Tuxedo area! Steve is in Michigan, thats where he lives for now! ;)

Ro~ OMG you are funny! Ya, they seem flavorless but actually good with stuff on them, I like the crunch!

Horrible rainy weather here today, good thing all I have to do is go to class this afternoon! Guess I ought to go get ready for that hey? Later!

Rosario
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
wendy - be cool and go to school! lol :D

I just had the yummiest bfast ever. Plain oatmeal, 1 T raisins, 1 T almonds, 0.5 T white chocolate chips, drizzle of honey. Yum!!!

Yesterday was a very good day for me. Ate OP (except for 6 choc kisses...but I'm over it) and even worked out a bit. It was only for 12 minutes but it made me feel better. That elliptical machine is a beast. It doesn't feel like your ordinary elliptical. the tension is set to the lowest setting yet it doesn't feel like it. After a couple of minutes I was feeling the burn. Oh, how I was feeling the burn. I'll keep doing it until I get myself up to at least half an hour.

Have a great thursday gals....It's almost Friday!! yayy!

back at it
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey all! Getting some house cleaning done here today. my honey comes next Thursday!!!!!SO EXCITED!!! I have to have a yard sale, thats all there is to it, I have so much stuff that I don't use anymore.I have to make room for his stuff too!
Weather here is unreal, it's COLD. theres ice one the sidewalks and did I mention it'd cold? Stupid weather, it's opening weekend at the lake and I'm not going because I have no plans on turning into a popsicle.
well, enough of that bi@%!ng, back to cleaning!

JasonsLea
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Oh I know, big surprise, Shari's awake early in the morning! :lol: I actually got to bed at a decent time last night. I have a appointment at 11 am and I have to go to Wallyworld to get some money orders and other things. So I'm down 1 lb this week, I can and will do much better next week. I got my hair chopped off a few days ago, first time it's ever been this short. I'm probably going to the movies this weekend so I'm going to press it and make it look somewhat decent. TTYL!