Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #68

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #68

FrouFrou
01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Hello & :welcome2: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us! :coffee2: :cofdate: :cofdate: :beach:

FrouFrou
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Ugh, I need to get back on a schedule! I know I keep saying this but I really need to do this...it is wrecking havoc on my body/system...feeling crappy today and I don't even have a hangover, lol...don't even drink! Anyway, getting ready to grab some/breakfast/lunch and then finish up my walking on the treadmill before jumping in the shower. We have the viewing to go to...it's from 5-7pm but we have to leave about 4 because it is a hour drive. So I MUST go to bed early tonight...funeral is at 10:30 in the morning...will definitely be a long day. I am going to try and get half my exercise done before we leave otherwise I think it will be a dud day for exercise.

Kathy...you ladies are making me want a Wii for sure! Great job on all the losses with it! Must check it out too! Funny, I almost got an orange HHR about 3 years ago, right after they came out...still like them. And our Ms Sue just bought one! I think you would love it!

Jules...glad your foot is feeling better. I was up late but not really to ring in the new year, lol...just couldn't go to sleep. Thinking I will have to take something to help me along tonight. Glad Ry and Teri didn't drive...I wondered about Charlotte and Josh cause I know they went out, I think...even though she shouldn't be drinking with trying to conceive.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Sorry this is a short one but I am really pressed for time. I must get my exercise done before leaving, I must! Not sure when we will get in so...

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day and no one is suffering a hangover! :hug:

luckycharm
01-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Cristina - no hangover here, a little tired though. :hug: :hug: for you and V. Sorry that you have to face this over the next few days. We are all here for you. Sorry they are only cyber hugs instead of the real thing. Sent over the internet with love though.

Sassy_Chick
01-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi All and Happy New Year!

Well we hung out lastnight with my BF and her man. Watched movies and played cards and I played with their baby (she's so cute!) and their animals totally fell in love with us too (they have dogs + cats). It was lots of fun. It was our first time going over to their place and I felt totally at home. Ever just go to someones house and feel that way? I mean I know its my BF and all that, but it was just comfy. I'm also totally jealous because I love their kitchen and ours is such a tiny little cracker box! :p lol.

Anyways we got home about 2 am and went to bed about 4 am. I was up at 10 am! :faint: We have to go to the in-laws today for dinner so no taking a nap for me! lol. :tired:

Well that is about it for me!

Latta!

:hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-01-2009, 04:40 PM
So last night started off fun. But after awhile, I started having a freakin panic attack. By the time midnight rolled around though, it went away. Thank God. We all were in bed by 12:30..lol. We were just a fun bunch huh?? LoL!!

sz2atheart
01-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Happy New Year's Day

Cristina--I'm looking at either a Toyota Venza or a Nissan Murano. The Lexus and Acura similar models might be a little beyond my budget. I've loved my 4-runner and not too sure about getting rid of it. It's a 2004 and will be paid off in July.

Jules--The fireworks were canceled till tonight due to the high winds yesterday. Still too cold for me to go. My dh is a social butterfly. I believe he has more friends than me. Golfs with a different group every weekend. Just this past weekend, we ran into two old friends while out shopping. I'm used to seeing him running up to women that I don't even know and seeing him hugging them. Hey, as long as he comes home with me, no problem :D

Kathy--The wedding list is about 140 right now. Probably end up with about 125. DD left home a year ago to "live in sin" with her fiance. Actually he owns a townhouse closer to her college and where she works. With gas prices soaring last year, it was cheaper for her to live with him. We had some reservations about it. She wanted to move the year before and we told her that she could take her tuition, car payment and car insurance payment when she left. Slowed her down for a year then she decided to get a loan for her tuition and move anyway. We still make her car and insurance payments. I asked her if she was sure that going into thousands of dollars of debt was worth the freedom to have as much sex as she wanted while living away from home!! Needless to say, we have a very good and open relationship. ;)

I hope everyone is having a nice day. I'm almost finished packing up all the holiday decor. Dh and I had a quiet evening last night. We had a great seafood dinner and rang in the new year under the covers :o !! :D I'm packing up a ton of candy, cookies and such to take to work tomorrow and dump in our conference room. I'll tackle the pantry this weekend and stock up on friendlier snacks. Heading off to look for a calzone recipie for dinner tonight.

Have a great evening ladies! :hug:

jules1216
01-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Cristina--forgot to say sorry for the loss, hugs to you and v. I think all the stress with the dil has got you out of whack. Hope you get some sleep and back on schedule.

Kathy--hubby doens't have a microwave but he does have a sleeping bag and pillow on the counch (for the dogs!!). He just put in a woodstove and insulated the roof. It's a 40 ft by 60 ft (?) pole barn. He just put in a woodstove last fall.

Sassy--glad you had a good time and are feeling better!! You'll get a new place soon.

Francie--sorry to here you are still getting panic attacks. You should go to the doctors and see if they can give you something to help ease them.

Tammy--I was very social before I met hubby, but he's made me a hermit!! The winds were pretty dad here. I heard Frederick County got hit pretty hard.

hi to everyone else!!!

Well, I just spend about 40 minutes on the phone with a Verizon tech to get my internet started--going to hit a few sites and then let hubby play on it.

FrouFrou
01-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Hi ladies...

We finally made it home. Man sometimes that drive seems soooo long! Faster coming home than going but still...all went well. We stayed the whole time and visited...not many people there other than mainly the immediate family...hoping there's more than that at the funeral. She was a homebody though and didn't have many friends. Not looking forward to tomorrow, it will be a long day I'm afraid.

JULES...thank you! I agree I'm afraid. I was not going to give in to the brats but ya know, sometimes someone has to be the bigger person...Josh is stubborn and so am I. And it made me think of V and his family...life is too short for petty BS. Plus I miss Cambrie, lol! I am taking something tonight for sure to help me sleep. I have to get back on a regular schedule. Let me know how you like verizon, I've wondered about them. Is it tomorrow that little D will be a whopping one? Or is it Sat? I can't keep things straight! Anyway...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DOMINICK!!

TAMMY...the murano's are nice, don't think I've heard of the other. There's so many new vehicles now days...loving the new names too! Have a calzone for me!

FRANCIE...sorry you had an attack, glad it went away so you could ring in the New year. And, hope you are feeling better today.

SASSY...glad you guys had a nice time.

KATHY...thanks, I appreciate the hugs! Hope you got some rest.

HI to everyone else :wave:

I am actually feeling sleepy/tired so hoping :crossed: this means I will get to bed early so I can get up by 6. Need to go fold some clothes and probably get a load started or at least set the timer for it to wash early in the morning.

Did okay with the exercise today...getting ready to do a dvd and a 10 minute walk on the treadmill and call it a night. I will fix my siggy probably Saturday to reflect the exercise done for the week, well for today-Sat...thinking I might do it weekly, not sure yet...might just be easier to do add it daily. Anyway...better get going. I will chat tomorrow sometime.

Nighty, night!

tommysgirl18
01-02-2009, 01:37 AM
well, we brought in the new year by having people over at our place. we all had a great time, and so that was a great turn out! we did a load of dishes before we went to bed, so that helped out a lot!

the kids were ALL still AWAKE when midnight rolled around. Marissa was the first to go to bed at about 12:30ish......then came Logan after our last guests left at about 2:30ish......and then Brandon fell asleep just about 3 this morning! we went to bed just after that, and when we got up the furnace was making noises and we had NO hot water! Tommy played around with the hot water tank, and turns out the thermal coupling is shot, so the office manager told us that we could go upstairs and use the shower in that unit. but the maintenance guy will be over in the morning to fix it!

we are also really looking into moving out of this place! a lady that Tommy works with, her daughter has a three bedroom mobile home that we are thinking of getting if she hasn't sold it yet! we won't know anything more until he talks to the lady again......oh yeah!

get this......Tommy's assistant plant manger called him this past Tuesday.....to tell him that when he picks up his check on Friday, they will give him his unemployment papers AND that his "vacation" has been extended to the 12th and maybe longer. Tommy thinks that they are just joking him around and that they are going to fire him. Good thing he filed for unemployment this past Monday!

now I need to go to bed, because the kids will more then likely be up early in the morning......not to mention the guy coming over to fix the hot water tank!

Sassy_Chick
01-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi All. :wave:

I am glad I am finally feeling better too. Although my back was achin from the weather, I am good now. *knocking on wood there!!!* lol. My sleep cycle is totally screwed up now. I went to bed lastnight at 7:30 PM after getting home from dinner with the in-laws and got up at 2:30 AM! :faint: Oh well..........I just have to get back "into the groove" on Sunday, as its back to work. :rolleyes:

Happy Friday! :D

FrouFrou
01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Good morning...

Thought I would stop in and say HI before heading to jump in the shower, Just finished doing 45 minutes of exercise...was hoping for 60 before leaving but I overslept. Set the alarm for 6 and turned it off and rolled over...the hubby had to come wake me. Sleepy, zzzzzz....I am going to try and stay awake all day...no napping when we get back so maybe that will help me get back on track with my sleep...no more late nights/early mornings.

MINDEE...sorry to hear about the water heater, that sucks but glad they are getting to it fast! Good luck with the trailer :crossed: hoping you guys can get it. Glad you guys enjoyed your company and your New Year's Eve!

SASSY...glad you are feeling better.

HI TAMMY, SUSAN, JULES, KATY, KATHY, SUE, FRANCIE and ASIA! :wave:

Hoping everyone has a good Friday! Later :wave:

RosieKate
01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Good morning!

I woke up to MORE SNOW...not that much, but I decided to skip the early morning water aerobics class anyway. I'll put some time in on the Wii today. My thighs HURT...all that balance stuff doesn't seem like much when you are doing it, but it is a really good workout.

David and I went to a local Thai place last night and was please to find out that their whole stir fry menu were veggies and meat. I ordered a spicy garlic stir fry with beef and it came on a bed of cabbage - no rice no pad thai - good news for the carb count! We did splurge on dessert - had deep fried cheesecake, also had a glass of wine. Even so the carbs came in at 98 for the day. The calorie count...well ...um...it was higher than usual :)

Today after it warms up a bit, I will be checking out a big yarn sale at a shop in Sellwood, and making a Costco trip. Our organics delivery comes today as well, and that's like having another Christmas, lol. Such big plans. OH, and I am kicking butt on a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that I started when we where snowed in...I am determined to finish it before the kids go back to school!

Have a great day everyone!

luckycharm
01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
:wave: Goodmorning
Francie - :hug: sorry to hear about the panick attack. My Sister in law has been having panic attacks also. Glad it went away, and you were able to ring in the new year. Do you get them alot?

Tammy - I have always liked the murano. My friend has one, and she likes it so much, that she won't even let her hubby drive anymore. :lol: That is great that you have such a good relationship with your DD. You are very nice also to pay her car payment and her insurance. Do you like her fiance? My DD boyfriend lives with us and as time goes on, it is getting a little difficult.

Jules - Is it little D's birthday? Do you have any type of party planned for him? The kids got Punkin an icecream cake, and thought it would be fun to let her eat it by herself. Was cute until she froze her little hands and mouth. Then it took old gramma to cuddle her and get her to stop crying. Some things Gramma's just do best I guess. Sleeping bag for the dogs? Thats why my DH has a couch in there also....for the dogs. Too funny.

Cristina - ok you have a timer on your washer? That is too cool. You know I have no life when I am excited about a washer with a timer. :lol: Hope today goes ok for you two. :hug:

Mindee - sorry to hear about the call that Tommy got. That must be stressfull for the both of you. How long has he worked at that job? Did the kids sleep in yesterday with them going to bed so late?

Sassy - Did you have a good visit with your in-laws? Do they live close to you?

Hello to Sue, Katy, and SuzyQ. Hope that everyone has a good day today. I am off to try out this pilates video while everyone is still asleep, then I guess I will get on the dreaded treadmill.

tommysgirl18
01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
just thought I would pop in while I can.....

the furnace is working like it should be, and our friend is here fixing the hot water tank now.....so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

the kids slept in yesterday and Brandon actually caught up for some lost sleep that he has needed since he is sick! he isn't coughing as much now, but hopefully before he goes back to school.

FrouFrou
01-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Again, had to change my pass word...too weird fo rme that this keeps happening...this is the third time. Guess I just freak a little thinking someone may have my password. I KNOW I logged out this morning when I posted so...anyway...we'll see.

KATY...your dinner sounded so yummy! WTG on keeping the carbs down too! Did you get some nice yarn for your next project(s)?

MINDEE...glad everything is fixed! And hoping the news about Tommy's job WAS all good!

KATHY...yes, I have a timer, lol. It actually is a great little gadget. I can set the washer to start up to 12 hours ahead of time...not that I need to go that far. But I have used it.

Today went well...I am very sleepy but I am going to hold out until at least 10, lol. I've got laundry to fold and get put away before I can go to bed anyway. So unless I throw the clothes on the floor a nap is not going to happen. Getting ready to go do a dvd...got a late start as usual, lol, this morning and only got 45 minutes done so have another 45 to do. Other than that not much going on.

Have a great day/weekend!

jules1216
01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Quick hi....busy day and I am exhausted. Gained 2 lbs back over the last two weeks...but I am at the weigh in start for my valentines challenge--I can do it!!!

jules1216
01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
wow...everyone must be busy off doing stuff....

Hubby and baby are napping, Teri went to work. It's so quiet here....

tommysgirl18
01-03-2009, 03:00 PM
just thought I would stop in here while I can.....

the furnace is fixed,,,,,,BUT the hot water tank isn't! we now have to wait until first thing Monday morning and our friend will be back over here to fix it the rest of the way.

Tommy is at his cousin's wedding, and since Brandon is shaking the last of his cold, and Marissa woke up with his cold this morning, I just sent Tommy on his way and I stayed home with the kids. I wasn't too sure about it all BUT it has given me the chance to really do some thinking that I guess I really needed to do.

the boys are supposed to be napping in their room, but I told them that they could lay there and talk as long as they kept it down. Marissa is sleeping....I think! They will get some baths, but we will have to bundle them up really warmly and then take them upstairs to give them a bath, and then bundle them up again to bring them back down.

suetalks
01-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Darn...I had a nice reply typed in here and somehow lost it.

Now I will just say "hi" and "good-bye" since I have to scoot.

Happy Saturday all...

jules1216
01-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Mindee--hope everything is ok with you...sorry the kids are sick

Sue--I hate when that happens!!

kind of a lazy day here..colored my hair...waiting for Dominic to take a nap....

FrouFrou
01-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Hiya ladies...

Read the posts a couple of times today but didn't feel like posting. Been in a blah mood all day. Stayed up late again even though I tried to go to sleep at 1. Wasn't going to lay in bed awake tossing and turning so just got up. Ugh...so tired of it...going to have to take something again to make me sleep.

Jules...hope you are having a good day! So what does your hair look like? Darker/lighter than what it was? I thought it looked good already! I'm never off doing stuff...was just lazy and slept most of the day, lol.

Mindee...hope you get the hot water heater fixed soon! That would be a pain having to go outside and upstairs to shower.

Sue...sorry you lost your post! I hate when that happens and it has happened too often.

Susan...hoping you and the Gabster are having a good weekend.

Hiya Katy, Kathy, Sassy, Francie, Tammy and anyone I may have missed.

Nothing going on with me today, or tomorrow. V heads back to work Monday so I am planning to get back on scheduele...him being home totally messes up the schedule! No exercise today and I don't plan on doing any tomorrow...but my plans always seem to change so...we'll see. That's about all I have...same old, same old.

Have a good one!

FrouFrou
01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Before I go...anyone else having problems with posting/logging on? This was doing this last night as well...I log in and then post and when I hit admit it says I am not logged in. Did it almost everytime I went to post yesterday. Just curious...

again...it says I do not have permssion to perform this action. Pleas refresh the page and login before trying again...I am logged in!!!!!! And again...lets see how many times it is going to do it...did this about ten times...wth!!??

luckycharm
01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quickly.

Sue - The other day I lost my post 3 times before I learned my lesson and gave up. I don't know why that happens.

Cristina - Yes last year when I stopped posting, it is because I had that problem constantly and I finally gave up coming onto this site. Now it has started it again, and I am back to either getting that message, or waiting 5 minutes for the pages to come up. Grrr.

Mindee, I hope your hot water heater is fixed soon. Hope that your time to think helped you out.

Jules - now you have to post some pictures so that we can look at your hair.

Hello to everyone else. I'll try and get back later.

Mom2Gaby
01-04-2009, 06:02 AM
Hee Haw, is that it?!?!?!?

Am I FINALLY caught up on a week of posting?

Cristina - Sorry about your MIL :hug:. I hear you about V going back to work and getting back on a schedule. Gabster needs to get her little tush back in school and we need to get back in a routine. I hope you get your sleep pattern back on track, if not I know where to get some drugs. lol jk Actually Rach does have medication to help her sleep but I have been taking 2 Tylenol PM this last week to help me go to bed, and it helps w/ my aches in my legs & arms from throwing trash/linen bags around at work.

*I know. You all are jealous of my snazzy job. I must say though I haven't been felt up by any salad lately. I have been eating more salad though but today at work I had grilled chicken and some steamed veggies, salad bar at the hospital is .39 cents an ounce :yikes:.

Katy - Bravo to your carb counting! I could never do that over the years. I am sure I eat a bzillion carbs a day. lol I love your knitting too, it looks so nice. How was the trip to downtown Portland?

Sassy - I am glad you had a nice evening w/ your friend! I don't think I have been to a friends house in years . lol hmmm, let me think. Yep, at least 2 years. *sigh, I guess I am anti-social.....like someone who bombs a federal building somewhere.....wassup w/ that?? lol

Kathy - Darling DGD!! What a cutie! I saw a newborn today at work, so sweet.

Francie - Sorry about the panic attack, how are you doing now? How long is BIL visiting?

Mindee- How is Tommy's health? What a pain about the water heater. I am glad you had some quite thinking time, hope it helped. You have a huge job w/ 3 little ones at home :)

Jules - How did the hair turn out? I bet you look lovely :)
Grrrrrrrrr ((about the weight gain)) , I probably gained back some this week too, I guess we keep plugging along, eh? :)

Tammy - I am in debt. I didn't know I could get all the sex I wanted too! lol -jkYou sound like a good mother, I am sure your daughter knows how blessed she is.

Sue- How are you doing? Sorry you lost your post. It has happened to me too....you might try copying it before you submit it, that way you have a copy and haven't lost all the time it took to write it. :)

I hope I got everyone!

The *cottage was cute as could be but I passed. It only had a microwave and a very small fridge, very small space and she really only wanted to rent to 1 person, which I guess I understand. So, plan B is just to keep looking and saving up.

I did get 2 weeks straight of working 40 hours, so that helps. One week is suppose to be 40 hours and the next week is only 24. I tell my co workers to remember me if they want time off, I'll work.

Fell off the wagon tonight. I had 2 glasses of wine, 1/2 a bag of kettle chips and 6 nutter butter cookies........omg- I feel like a glutton. lol

Woke up to ice on the roads and went back and forth all day at work about deciding about making a trip into Portland to see the girls((it has been at least 3 weeks)).
At the last minute I decided to drive in so Gabsters father brought her to work, her and I took off from there, the roads were fine, though it was snowy on the sides of the road. Blah - blah.

Have to get some shopping done and need to go see my mother, might go back Monday since I don't work til Tuesday now.

k - better get to bed!

jules1216
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Dominic turns 1 today--we are going to Chuckie Cheese--hubby is staying home cause he's still sick, Ry doesn't want to go goes Dave is coming with his daughter Lily, si ut looks to be D, Teri, me, Dave, Jess & Ava. Ava and Lily are about the same age so they should be cute together. Dave's Mom wanted to come but Teri said no. Teri spent Christmas Eve with Dave's parents,Dave, Lily and Dominic and his mom made smart *** comments all night until Teri told Dave if she didn't stop she and Dom were leaving.

SusieQ--I knew I was bad over Christmas and New Years, I was hoping to stay the same but I will lose those 2 darn pounds again. Yuck to the ice and sorry about the cottage--here's hoping you find something nice!!

Kathy--I will post pics after I take some at the party.

Cristina--it's about the same color--I did go a little more redd again this time.

Well I gotta go!!

luckycharm
01-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Happy Sunday Everyone.

Well today is the last day of the vacation. The kids all go back to school tomorrow, DH goes back to work, and I get to stay home. Hopefully my pipes are thawed and I can get the laundry caught up.

Jules - :bday2you::woo::hb: Happy Birthday to Dominic. Hope that you have a great time at Chucky Cheese. Cole really wants to go there, but it is over an hour away, so we haven't made it there yet. I am glad that Teri will stand up for herself and put a stop to being treated badly. Hope DH gets to have some rest and get feeling better.

SusieQ - glad you got caught up. Wow you have a very physical job. You will be getting some good arm muscles then. Sorry about the cottage. I do hope that you find something. Is Gabby excited about going back to school? Cole is quite happy to stay home with me. I thought you were Grrring because Jules looks lovely :D (slaps hand against forehead and feels foolish). Have a good visit with the girls.

Cristina - how are you feeling today? Better I hope. We will have to get back on track together tomorrow. With everyone going back to work and school, it will seem a little lonely around here. But I will be able to get some stuff done that I really need to get done.

Mindee - hows everything going today?

Sue - I have a recipe I will send you, but first will your hubby eat cooked cabbage? I made this and everyone in my family except DH because he likes cabbage said they didn't want to try it because it smelled a little strong, but in the end everyone loved it.

Francie - How are you doing?

Tammy - Hello, how was your weekend?

Hi Katy - I hope you have a relaxing day today, as it must be back to normal for your family tomorrow also.

Sassy - Hello to you. Any big plans for today?

Well I must get off my butt and go and make some lunch for everyone. Then I will put the little DGD down for a nap, as the kids went out so I am babysitting this afternoon.

Chat with you all later.

FrouFrou
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Good morning ladies...

Okay...my little rant for the day...why do MIL's and step-mothers get a bad rap-I am both? I have always done my best to get along with them and bend over backwards to please them but I've had enough. J & C are coming over sometime today so we can have it out. I took the initiative, as I always do and told him this is nonsense and we will have a family dinner next week. I was told that's fine but we have to talk first. WHAT?! Ummm, does this mean there will be conditions otherwise they won't come over anymore? And I am wondering what these conditions are? From day 1 before they were married she literally barged into the family and tried to take over. And from day 1 when things didn't go her way I heard it from Josh. She even went so far as telling me, not asking, but telling me what the kids would call me and V because grandma and grandpa were already taken, lmao. This has just been the tip of the iceberg so to speak. Anyway...I told him that he better talk to her, (because she is the one who keeps getting mad) because whatever they plan on dishing out she better be ready to hear what I have to say. Okay, that was my rant for the day, lol....

SUSAN...thinking of you while I am watching Kindergarten Cop...love that movie! Glad you got caught up and sorry the cottage wasn't for you. I took 2 tylenol pm the night before the funeral because I had to get up early and it helped...going to take two tonight and set the alarm for 6...I have to get back on schedule. Try not to work so hard missy!

JULES...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dominic! :celebrate: :bday2you: :woo: Have fun at Chuck E Cheese! Love their pizza! And yay for Teri for not taking any crap from D's mom. She should be happy to see her grandson! And hope Jerry feels better soon! :hug: You'll get those two pounds off in no time! I am afraid to weigh...the last few days have been horrible for eating.

KATHY...didn't know your pipes were frozen, hope they get thawed out soon! Speaking of laundry...that is what I have to do today. I am feeling better today...I actually woke up at 9...thinking of J & C's visit I think. Not really looking forward to it but it's gotta be done...not sure we will get anywhere because everything has been said over and over already. Yeah, it will be a little quiet around here tomorrow-will be weird for sure!

HIYA KATY, TAMMY, SUE, SASSY, FRANCIE, MINDEE, and ASIA! :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Well, nothing really going on today...have some laundry to get done and some exercise. Didn't do any yesterday after all, just got lazy and felt groggy all day. Today is better and I WILL get some exercise in, at least one hour. Getting on track with it tomorrow since everyone will be gone.

Have a GREAT Sunday!

Mom2Gaby
01-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Almost Good Afternoon,

It is almost noon and Rach is still not ready to go out! Argh, she takes forever to get ready, course she was IMing "Hot guys" all morning.

I had 2 small bowls of oatmeal , the ex is making lima bean soup for lunch,yum.

Jules - Happy 1st Birthday to Dominic! The R's loved Chuckee Cheese, Gaby is scared of the mouse, it is a fun place though.Good for Teri on speaking up XMAS eve. I was good at saying no to the sweets, my downfall is the carbs. I loev bread.

Kathy - Gab has no thought that school is starting up again, I think she likes being w/ me. lol Also, some of it is hard for her (she calls it *boring) and she would rather not be challenged. She will need new clothes, she has grown like a weed, she is 5'0 and 95 pounds, it is difficult to find clothes for her. Sorry about the pipes, that always happened when I was growing up out in the country, it was an old farm house.

Cristina - Ick on what is going on w/ J & C, sorry about that. I guess step mom's and MIL's do get a bad rap. I know my step children (and ya....most of them were my age or older - lol) took time to warm up to me. Anyway, you tell C that Grandpa & Grandma is taken in most families considering there are 2 sets in most families - that is just silly. Nana has a nice ring to it and it sounds like little Cambrie adores you. KCop has alot of Astoria in it and the gas station w/ the toilet keys hooked to a hubcap is for real.....lol. I only know that because we have stopped to use the bathroom there.

Cottage sounds nice but the rental was a double garage fixed up as a studio. lol It was a beautiful home though.

Rach is ready, we better get going!

:wave: to everyone.

luckycharm
01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Good Afternoon everyone

SusieQ - Wow Gaby is a tall girl. Cole was hoping that he would be in grade 2 when he went back to school. Had to explain that it was only Christmas vacation, and he does have to finish grade 1. Did you guys have a good afternoon out?

Cristina - funny, it is only our laundry room pipes that freeze when it gets below -30 degrees C. They have thawed now, so we are doing laundry. It is suppose to be really nice for the next week, so I will have to stay on top of the laundry so that when it gets cold again, it won't matter for a week or so. Now as to the MIL/Stepmother thing. In some cases they really od get a bad rap, but in some cases....My MIL sounds alot like your DIL. :hug: My MIL never wanted us to get married. She really just wanted us to live together. Then we inherited their dog. She said to me "First you stole my son, now you stole my dog". She also said she always thought that he would marry a well educated, well travelled girl. Everything has to go her way, and no one has any input on anything. She sent out Christmas cards last year with a picture of her and DH and BIL on them, that said Merry Christmas from the 3 of them. Ticked me off. I had better stop now, because I could go on all day. It probably is mostly my fault, because I have never stood up for myself, and DH doesn't because he said that it has always been easier to just say nothing and let her have her way, or just let her be right. I have set a few of my friends straight because their MIL said 1 thing that they didn't agree with. I wonder what kind of a DIL my MIL was. Anyway sorry for that little rant. Like I said before your DIL should be so happy to have you for a MIL and your family in her life because your family has totally excepted her and the kids.

Must run, I think our pipe might have burst, as we have a major leak coming through the ceiling onto the floor downstairs.

Shopaholic1204
01-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey all..

Nothing much new here..just PMSing big time. I'm angry one min, and crying the next. Right now I'm crying, and I wanting to hit something. LoL!!! Stupid pms. I havent had it this bad in awhile.

Anyway..some stuff is going on with me right now. I rather not talk about it right now....

Ahh I better go.

luckycharm
01-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Francie - We are here for you. :grouphug:

jules1216
01-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Francie---sorry you are having such a rough time....ditto what Kathy said

Kathy--Chuckee Cheese was a little to old for Dominic but it was fun,,,even though Dave's parents did show up....suppossedly Lily's mom, who was always jealous that Teri and Lily had a good relationship threw a tantrum and insisted thet go too...of course Dave's mom jumps to do whatever Megan wants. It was a little uncomfortable but everyone behaved.

SusieQ--the chips and dip and sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses with mustard did me in....

Cristina--sounds like dil has some major issues...it's a shame since you and Josh had such a good close relationship. My stepmother or our stepmonster as we used to call her..apologised to me for the way she treated us. It all boiled down to she was jealous of the friendly relationship my parents had that she was afraid dad would leave her for mom. She did treat us badly and admitted it. My MIL and I were close until she started treating my husband and son badly. There were reasons why they weren't close and hubby tried to fix it but his stepdad even said his mom can only love one child at a time and it's usually the sil that gets the love and hubby that is treated like dirt.
Even Dave's mom to Teri--she told Teri several times that Dave needed to get a paternity test to prove Dominic was hers before she would buy him anything, she accused Teri of trying to flash Dave's dad when she was pregnant and wearing a skirt, she threw a fit at the hospital when Teri was in labor when Teri said the people that were staying would be me, Dave and her friend Geneva and didn't come see Dominic for almost three weeks I can go on--the woman is nuts and Teri got upset more than once when Dave's mom called him a loser and stupid and other names in front of Lily and Teri. I don't think that you have done anything close to some of these stories...didn't you once say that dil's mother is very controlling too...she may be part of the problem. I hope everything works out...it not fair to you and your family along with Josh and Cambrie for dil to be allowed to do the things she does.

Well, Teri had to go in for inventory so hubby and I have Dominic again tonight...I need to go give him his bath.

Love you all!!

PS..here's a link--hope it works
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=msegrlr.8mw087n&Uy=-jwqehw&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

tommysgirl18
01-04-2009, 10:03 PM
just thought I would pop in here while I have a second!

Brandon goes back to school tomorrow....YAY!!! I can't wait for that one! Tommy got cut off the other day coming home from his cousin's wedding, so he had to lock up the brakes on the van, and then got cut off again, and the trans on the van got stuck in between gears.....so, he has to put some stuff in it to hopefully unstick it.

Jules~ Happy birthday to Dom!!!!!

Our hot water tank will hopefully be fixed in the morning! They are going to pull out a hot water tank from another unit, but they needed to buy a cut off switch, so I am hoping that they got it! The office manager told the head maintenance guy what Tommy had said about either getting the fees and such waived or half off the rent for this month due to the inconvenience. The head maintenance guy told the office manager and our friend that he didn't think that the owner would go for it......both of them at the same time said "why not?" and the head maintenance guy said "because he pays his rent late every month." to which both of them then shot back "it doesn't matter, you are making it an inconvenience for them." So, I am sure that all **** will break lose when Tommy talks to them again in the morning!

I am about to make some muffins for breakfast and then me and Tommy are going to play Uno.

Mom2Gaby
01-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Katy - hmmm, why do you think it is snowing??? It wasn't suppose to do that! I don't trust the weather people anymore.........hope these kids make it to school tomorrow.

Francie - :hug:

Kathy - Cute about Cole wanting to be in 2nd grade. Gaby just wants to be little and not grow up. She is tall, people think she is always older and with her speech delay she didn't really talk til she was 4 or so. I am 5'4 and her father is close to 6ft, I am sure she will be passing me soon!

Jules - "the chips and dip and sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses with mustard did me in.... " mmmm, that sounds good. lol I am just pigging out now, I will have to buckle down this week. I bought another bag of mustard dijon kettle chips, they are so addicting.

anyway, need to get a big glass of ice water and flush out my system. Had a fast day w/ the girls -shopping and visiting w/ grandma.....ready to go home now.

:wave: to everyone else!

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Good Morning :wave:

I will weigh in tomorrow, when I get back home. I am kind of attached to my own scale. haha
I am pretty sure I am back up a tad, but that is ok. I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. The ex also made these biscuits w/ butter already melted on top and he backed them w/ hot dog slices on top too. lol

What a cook, I am going home where I can control my own cooking.

I bought a case of slim fast and was going to try that for these last 10 pounds that never seem to want to go away.Plus w/ my chicken salads I have hopes of making some progress this week!

Anyway- positive thinking is always helpful. lol

Going to take Rach to school and snag me a cup of coffee on the way! Highlight of my day :)

Oh, ya. The snow that was furiously coming down last evening is all washed away by plain ole Oregon rain!

Chat more later Chickies!

tommysgirl18
01-05-2009, 12:22 PM
just popping in to see what is new.....

our hot water tank is getting fixed as I type.....so that will be good. Brandon goes back to school today...YAY!! Now, what to do with all that extra time?

I will come back later to check in on every one.......

SuzieQ~ How are you doing girl?

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Mindee- I am glad to hear you are getting the water tank is getting fixed, sounds like a pain.

Cristina - Been thinking of you! Hope the conversation w/ J & C wasn't too streeful. :hug:

I am doing ok, just eyeing the hashbrowns w/ onions and of course hot dogs in it. I swear that man made everything w/ hot dogs in it this morning. lol I did have a few bites of it, sooooo good and greasy.
Gotta love greasy foods.
Lima beans tasted good but played havoc on my system. I don't think I will be eating beans for awhile. Ugh.
Took Rach to school and gave Gaby a bath, I guess we will leave for the coast in the early afternoon.
I need to go to Target and buy G a swimsuit, she needs to get back into taking swim lessons and being active. Worried about her weight, I think she gained 4 pounds over the hoilday w/ being cooped up in the apt.
Oh, and my mom gave me some nice sweaters that she had bought for my grandmother..... 2 are pink and the other is a tangerine that I love, nice and warm.

anyway, off for more shopping!

:wave:

Mom2Gaby
01-05-2009, 01:58 PM
oh, ya. PS
I get my medical coverage in Feb, look forward to that! Can you believe I have already worked at the hospital for 9 weeks? I get coverage @ 3 months.
anyway, need to finish my root canal from last year - lol and also want to get new glasses or contact, not sure which way I will go.
Huge relief to be getting coverage though!

k- that was all I was going to add....

Shopaholic1204
01-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks girls!!

Long story short..I PMSed big time, and everything that was building up in my mind just came spilling over all at once yesterday. I talked to Fonzo about it, and things are all good.

I have a doc appt. on Wed, and I'll be getting a referral to a fertilty doc!!!!!!! YAY!!! Then on Fri, I have an appt with the eye doctor, lol. A week of appointments. Fun.

FrouFrou
01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Just a quick HI :wave:

Had some errands to run and finally made it home. But I am behind on things...didn't get up as early as I wanted to do part of my exercise before leaving the house so need to play catch up. Also need to go change the sheets on my bed and fold some clothes and probably do another load and...put some pork chops in the crockpot for dinner. Monday's has turned into crock pot days because of WW. And speaking of WW sort of...I am up a little...to 182 exactly! I knew it wouldn't be good because of poor eating since Thursday evening...that and V being home. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming him or making excuses...just things happen and my schedule gets thrown off and I messed up, no one made me, I did it all by myself. Hard to eat on the run or at someone elses when you have no clue what is in the food...how the heck do you count the points so I didn't. See there ya go...I F'ed up, lol. But it wasn't so bad so...I am back on track today! And now I must go...I will try get back back later and post. Definitely won't be a late night for me because right now I am tired/sleepy and I HAVE to get up early...will be watching Cambrie so...

Hope everyone is having a good day! :hug:

tommysgirl18
01-05-2009, 04:52 PM
well, it isn't fixed yet! we will be going on six days of no hot water, and we will end up with a brand new hot water tank, AND the late fee waived. but for all this crap we should get more then that!

early bed time tonight since neither Marissa or Logan took a nap today! then Brandon will be ready for bed tonight early since he had school today.

tommysgirl18
01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
repopping back in to see how every one is doing!

the water heater is still NOT fixed. they will be here in the morning with a brand NEW hot water tank. they are going to be back in the morning to fix it. the office manager gave us the keys to a unit around the corner for a unit with heat AND hot water. (the one above us just has the hot water, but no heat) we got a letter from the complex in regards to them waiving the late fee.....which really pails in comparison to going six days without hot water! Our friend that works here, called the owner and told him that we have three kids and this is total BS that we are going through all this. Next thing I know, the office manager is calling me to tell us that we are getting a brand new unit.

Tommy heard from the doctor's office today. He has an appointment at 1:45 on Thursday afternoon to talk with the surgeon about taking his gall bladder out because it is indeed not working right.

I will be in here later on to catch up some more, but I wanted to post an update on here.

as for my FB status, I am doing better now, so thanks for asking. I am not going to go into too much detail on what all has been going on but things are out in the open now so things are good.

jules1216
01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Mindee--thats' so terrible about the hot water heater. Hope you get the new unit soon.

Cristina--I've been thinking of you too..the talk must have gone decent if you are getting Cambrie again. I am not blaming anyone but me for my 2 lb gain..well the cheese...but I bought it...but if those darn kids would have taken the leftovers like they were suppossed to....hubby weighed and gained 8 lbs!!!

SusieQ--I LOVE all the pretty avatars!! I shouldn't have bought chips and dip....That's great on the insurance. I need to go get a new pair of glasses myself--Dominic went through a stage where he kept pulling them off my face...

Francie--good luck at your appts..

Hubby is bellowing...gotta go....hi to everyone else!!

suetalks
01-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Quick report...I am UP 3 pounds. I knew it would be up after another 2 days of bad eating over New Year's. The good news is I got the exercise in 3 days last week... And I did 3 mile walk and tone today. Shooting for 5 days of the 3 miles (at least) And the good eating is back....
Next week is going to be another rough week as we go to Vegas Tues. to Sat. If the weather is good I can get walks in out there, but the food is not real OP friendly. (I am gonna try...) :)
DO you think they can move Valentine's Day to like March?

FrouFrou
01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
'Morning ladies...

Jules...they say the average a person gains thru the holidays it 7 pounds, I think it was, lol. Yeah, I blame FOOD! Lol...I am happy to say I am down to 181.6 today...so part of it has been no water. I am back on track today! Yes...things went well with the brats. We talked and they wanted me to babysit still...I told them they should have called...whatever. It will probably be good for another month or so and then she will come up with something. Oh well...the pics are GREAT!

Sue...good job on the walking! You'll get those 2 pounds off soon enough! Hoping you guys enjoy your trip to Vegas, which I know you will.

Mindee...hey, that's great news, I guess, lol...good that you get a new unit but the moving?-ick! Guess I am lost...what is FB? Maybe I missed something.

Susan...9 weeks already?! The time has just flown by! Yay to insurance...almost there.

Francie...hope you are having a good day.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

I actually went to bed early and slept thru the night. Was up at 5 and now I am feeling a little sleepy. thinking I will take a nap when Cambrie takes hers. Getting ready to head to Target and pick up a couple of things...left my water bottle at the WW meeting last night. I was so sleepy yesterday I was dozing at the meeting, lol. She wasn't boring me, I was just sleepy. Hoping this gets me back on track. Haven't done any exercise as of yet...as soon as I get back from the store it is the plan. Didn't get any in yesterday so I must get some today.

Have a great Tuesday! Chat later...

Mom2Gaby
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k445/glocampos/mz_5928852_bodyshot_300x400_1218523175.gif

Good Morning,

I am glad I am average (who would have thought) I weighed and gained back to 144.6. I figured that since I enjoyed the New Year with goodies. Time to get back on track this week!

Jules- Tell hubby to stop bellowing!! lol I finally was able to see the slideshow, love the pic's.....especially Teri's tattoo. I want one if I would get over being a chicken. My frames are at least 7 years old, I bought them when Gaby was just a baby.

Francie -I am glad you are feeling better! Cute avatar of you and Fonzo, lov the hat :D

Mindee- I didn't know you were without hot water for 6 days, sheesh. I thought it just happed over the weekend, hope today it gets fixed! Ya, what is FB? :dizzy:

Sue- 3 pound gain is ok, it means you are average! lol :cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Cristina - Hey! Glad you get to still watch Cambrie. I like Target. I bought Gaby a cute swimsuit and a few warm shirts there yesterday. Yep, heading for those medical benifits, thank goodness. I was in training for 2 months, lol........that was kind of nice. Who knew there was so many ways to collect garbage, make beds and clean toilets??? Actually there are 4 ways to make a bed! I learned that. lol

k- on my 11 to 7:30 shift now. I was meaning to watch The Bachelor last night but Gaby refused to go to sleep because she napped in the car on the way home from Portland. I thought is was cute at the time but not not when I wanted her to go to bed for *real*. I finally just gave in and ironed for an hour , took my Tylenol PM and went to bed.

Have to really control my eating this week! I bought a big bag of Honey Dijon chips before I left Portland and munched on some while I drove home. I had pasta for dinner and a yogurt too. I wasn't even hungry. Just figured being out of control for a few more hours wouldn't hurt. lol

anyway, better start getting ready for work!

You all have a good Tuesday.

suetalks
01-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Tuesday hello to all... Man, those WATP videos kick my butt. Who knew just adding the stretchy bands would make it so much harder? No, wait, maybe it is because I have been such a slug and really, really need the movement.
Anyway, I did 2 miles and hope to do the other walk without the bands for 2 miles later. Gonna try to break it up (give my old body a reprieve) I feel so guilty since there are some on here who walk the treadmill and do other exercise for HOURS....and I am so wussy that 32 minutes wears me out. Hopefully I will get back in the swing and do more. But I really miss my bike.

Just doing some odds and ends of housework today, cooking ham and beans and going to make cornbread for DH and Mom. Tomorrow I think I will take them out to lunch..our 32nd anniversary. Friday night DH is taking me out to dinner for the anni., but I figured I could treat him to a lunch. We don't even do gifts anymore except for the big milestones.

Okay ladies, have a nice day and also get ready for Happy Hump Day tomorrow. lol...

tommysgirl18
01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
just popping in here quickly since I have to get Logan up before he makes a mess in the room again!

We did get the new hot water tank.....they only let us use the other units for the shower/hot water. we will be moving soon though out of the apartment. we are looking into mobile homes.

it was so nice to take a nice warm shower in our own bathroom earlier today!

oops! gotta run.....bam bam is going off

tommysgirl18
01-06-2009, 04:39 PM
oh yeah....I forgot to mention, FB stands for facebook.

AND I am not sure if I posted this on here or not, BUT Tommy got a call from the surgeon's office yesterday. he goes on Thursday at 1:45pm to talk about taking his gall bladder out because it is NOT functioning properly.

jules1216
01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Mindee--glad you got your hot water back--good luck in finding a place to move.(ps--thanks for explaining the fb is facebook--I was coming up with all sorts of fb's it may have stood for!!)

Sue--HAPPY HAPPY Anniversary to you!!!! I need your new address. I am an exercise wuss too...WTG on using those bands!!

SusieQ--tattoos don't hurt as much as you think they would. Hubby went down to his garage to play...so no bellowing tonight...tee hee...with him in the garage and Dominic not here--it's SOOOOO quiet...I forgot how quiet sounded--and I can actually type with two hands!! I actually watched a little of the Bachelor last night.

Cristina--well I am glad you get Cambrie again. I am sure dil will find something to get dramatic about in a few weeks--We did have a good day Sunday, but Dave did make a comment at the end that reminded me what a whiny little girl he is...Teri took Dave's pics off my space except one with him holding Dominic right after he was born and there was one with Ry and Dave was to the side with the caption "Ryan and the spermdonor" he told her it really hurt his feelings and she should change it..she removed the whole pic...

well, I am not sure what I am going to get into...I may channel surf without anyone telling me they don't like what I am watching....

Hope everyone else is doing well and comes back to post soon!!

tommysgirl18
01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
well, I grabbed me some dinner, and I am flip flopping between TBL and the Wings game.

I am going to start my liver flush thing that Tommy's friend gave him. I will let you all know how it goes.

suetalks
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Mindee- Hope Tommy gets the gallbladder taken care of. I know those attacks can be painful. Glad you got hot water..yay! Good luck on finding a place to move.

Jules- Thanks for the Happy anni. The years sure go by quickly. My DH closed down his wood shop for the winter so he is inside pacing the floor. I made him promise that he will get heat in there before next winter OR else we will go away for the winter. I can not handle him being so antsy. He has a 36 inch t.v., a mini fridge, stereo and wood shop library in there. I told him he just needs a bed. haha..

I only walked 1 more mile today, but counting calories went well. I am right at 1200, which is great. Wanted to be 1200-1500. I can usually hit the lower number the first few days then end up closer to the high number after that. I am back to doing Fitday for counting.

Happy Wednesday to you all tomorrow..off to watch TBL.

luckycharm
01-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi everyone

I am having the worst time with this website. I tried to post last night, and it wouldn't let me, it takes forever for the pages to open, if they do, or it tells me it can't find the server. Grrr.
Weighed in this week at the same. So am I normal SusieQ?
I can't seem to get past the 41:30 time for my run.
Oh well I will keep plugging away at it.
Hugs to you all.

FrouFrou
01-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Just a quick fly-by for now...busy morning with Cambrie here and getting ready to put her in the bath and get her off to preschool and then stop off at Wal-mart for a couple of things. Will be back later to chat more.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
01-07-2009, 01:24 PM
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q432/ArtificialAmy666/rain.jpg

It's raining, it's pouring..........

We're suppose to get 3 to 6 inches of rain here on the coast. Cute trying to get Gaby into school this morning, she kind of takes her time and it is like....."grrrrrr, my hair!" lol

Not complaining though because anything else beats the snow and icy conditions.

It is a day off from work and I am headed to the store for some grocery shopping. Salad packages are only $1 , so I thought I would get a few. The ex bought the Asian one and I liked the dried cherries that came with it.
I bought a grilled chicken salad at Subway yesterday and pretty much stuck to a lo-cal diet. I did eat 3 -100 packs of cheez it mix. lol So, it is up for question if I was in control of my eating.

I left work 2 hours ealry last night because there wasn't much going on and I was tired from the trip into Portland. Can't make a habit of that though because I need the $$$$$. I just wasn't in the mood to find things to do.

Tomorrow is Rebecca's 16th birthday! Now all she wants is a cell, and my work does offer a discount on Verizon, so I had to promise to look into that for her.

Mindee- Thanks for the FB explaination! Great about getting the water tank fixed finally. :hug: to Tommy and the gall bladder problem, hope you all get some answers on Thursday when you go to the doctors.

Jules- I think I am nervous about getting a tattoo because I don't want to be some old chick with tattoo's all over me. What was hubby playing in the garage? Did you find anything interesting on t.v? I have been watching a lot of Nancy Glass and Larry King, don't stay up much past that time. I have to make it a point to catch the Bachelor next Monday though. I did start watching a little of The Biggest Loser last night but had to stop and get Gaby to bed.

Kathy - Not sure what you are.....lol ...lucky, I think. Good for you on staying stable , especially during the holidays!

Cristina- Come back and chat!

Sue- A very Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Going to get to the store and do some other errands, chat more later.

luckycharm
01-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone

Sue:celebrate::woo::balloons: Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary, HHaaapppy Aanniversary. I hope that you have a great one. You have a hubby with a get away spot also? I hope that he is able to put some heat in there so that he can be in there in the winter also.

SusieQ- Happy Birthday to Rebbeca. Wow 16 already. Make sure you look into an unlimited text messaging plan. It amazes me that no one actually talks on their cell phones anymore, they just text. (I have to talk on mine because I have no idea how to text, even though the kids tried to teach me.) Have fun grocery shopping.

Cristina how are you doing? Was Walmart busy? Ours is so stinking busy all the time I hate to even try and drive into the parking lot.
7 lb gain over the holiday is average? Wow I have been working hard on the treadmill lose the 5 lbs from Christmas.

Jules - I love the pictures. Your hair looks great. Is Teri and Dave together? She is beautiful. Is Dominic walking yet? Roxy got her first hair trim last night.

Mindee - glad that your hot water tank is fixed now. Good luck on finding a new place to live. Good luck to Tommy tomorrow at his appointment.

Sassy how are you doing? What have you and your friend been up to lately?

Francie how is your day going? Did you have an appointment today?

Katy our carb counting Queen, how are you doing? Did the kids get back to school? I thought that I read somewhere that you got more snow and school was cancelled on Monday, but don't know if that was your area or not.

Tammy how is life going for you? Any decision about a new car? What have you been doing lately? How are the wedding plans going?

Well I finished my 3 miles in 41:30 yet again. I was really hoping to get even 1 second faster, but I couldn't today. Maybe tomorrow. I'll just keep at it, however even if I don't get any faster I am actually getting on the treadmill and working out everyday. I bought a new digital scale yesterday. Well, I have darts tonight, so I think that I am going to go and have a nap. I'll BBL.
:grouphug:

FrouFrou
01-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello everyone...

Katy...that sux...2 toms in one month, hope they figure out what's up. I've not had one in such a long time *knocks on wood* I am a happy camper! Although not sure if it is a good trade off sometimes...the mood swings can be dangerous, lol. Actually, lately they've not been so bad. Yes, back to watching the little miss. Love that...myspace for old people...too funny! :lol: I've not spent enough time on FB to figure things out, lol. WTG on the scales! :cp: :high: :bravo:

Kathy...wal-mart actually wasn't so bad...got in and out of there in about 40 minutes. I didn't have a lot to get but was looking a little and it seemed a lot longer! I think I read that somewhere...the 7 pound thing...or saw it on the t.v. :bravo: on the walking! Wonder what's up with the site/computer...for some reason I've not had any problem with it for a couple of days, probably jinxed myself now, lol. Hope it doesn't keep happening.

Susan...forgot to say, I love your avatar...such a beautiful place! Cute about Gaby, too cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Rebecca! :hb: :gift: Sweet 16 already...they grow up too fast! Did I miss that you were going to get a tattoo? Or just thinking about it?

Mindee...hoping Tommy gets some relief soon from the gallbladder. And glad you guys have hotwater now!

Francie...hoping all is well with you!

Tammy...you too, hoping all is well with you.

And Sassy too!

Sue...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and the hubby! :cheers:

I am sooooo sleepy for some reason. Haven't gotten any exercise done today and not sure if I will. I need a nap for sure but it's so late in the day now. Will just have to go to bed early I guess...need to go do a load of laundry and that's about all I have...nothing going on.

Have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Cristina - Is your iron low? Maybe that is why you are sleepy?? Don't worry I only play a doctor at work. haha
Did I write before that the first time I took Gabster to the sitter (when I started the job and doing the 7am training) that Gaby walked in and told this new sitter that I was a doctor, I guess it was the scrubs I was wearing.lol
Sheesh.....I would love to get a tattoo, just a chicken. I was just making comment about Teri's tattoo in Jules slideshow. Don't you have a tattoo?? I really love Astoria, in the Spring/Summertime it will be a lot nicer but I feel no anxiety here (unlike the city) so that is a huge plus for me.

Kathy - wow to the 41.30 3 mile walk! I could never get that time, only if I was jog/walking. I know, it is all about the texting. And the *family dinner* I planned has turned into just her and 6 close friends going to OSF. Which has set all our noses out of joint because that wasn't what I meant for a dinner out. Could strangle her. lol My scale is a WW, I picked it up when my father passed away, I guess he got it through his insurance when he was ill.

Katy - You enjoying the onslaught of rain?? I give up trying to stay dry today. Thought of you and L as I enrolled Gabster in a swim lesson, it will start next Monday. She is a Minnow, still..........I think it will be her 3rd time as a Minnow, she just loves the water so that is the most important thing. Stay away from the roasted sunflower seeds! If I can't have the honey dijon kettle chips , I want everyone to be miserable. lol -jk

Better go get Gaby from school. I picked up salad stuff from the store and some sugar free jello for Gaby. One good habit she is in is that she likes water.

ok, off to get Gaby and look into the pre paid phone!

Shopaholic1204
01-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Sue~Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things went well with my appt today. My doc is very nice..and I'm soooooooo glad I'm seeing a civilian doc now!!! She actually knew what PCOS was. The Navy doc was like, what is that? Psh. Anyhoo..I will be getting my referral in a few days..and then we'll go from there. YAY!!!

tommysgirl18
01-08-2009, 12:11 AM
wanted to pop in here while I have the chance.....we went grocery shopping today after we put Brandon on the bus. It went a lot easier then when we have all three kids, so that was a nice change!

I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 223.8 this morning which was GREAT! since last week I weighed in at 226.6, so that is not bad! I also started the liver flush last night, and I am now on day 2 of it. tomorrow will be the last day of it, and one that I am dreading completely!

the liver flush that Tommy was given by his friend, a chiropractor, was to drink 32 ounces of apple cider for three days, then on the third day, drink a 1/2 cup of olive oil, lemon juice and coca cola. So, that will be tomorrow.....plus after I drink that, I am to lay on my right side for a half hour. yesterday went well with with the drinking of the apple cider....but today was a bust while trying to eat dinner.

we had friends over for dinner, and I nicely excused myself and left to use the bathroom. my neighbor had to go to the bathroom, so thankfully the unit above us is still unlocked.....Tommy gave her a roll of toilet paper and she was able to go.

I will let you all know how his appointment goes when he gets back tomorrow. we have been playing a lot of Uno lately, so he just went to the store, so I hope that we can play some more when he gets back.

I have been reading a book called "wasted" that my sister let me borrow. It is a real eye opener about eating disorders and such! I found myself the other night, thinking strangely...at least for me. I was reading the book, and then me and Tommy were sitting on the couch. I got up and he laid down, so when I came back I sat on him. I said "I wouldn't look that bad if I didn't have these thunder thighs." He didn't hear me at first, so I said it again, and he goes "who in the world said that you looked bad?"

FrouFrou
01-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Good morning all...

Susan...don't think it is my iron, just my laziness, lol. I have been on a weird schedule staying up most of the night and trying to get back on a regular-sort of-schedule is proving to be hard. Plus with the winter months I am feeling blah not being able to get out and walk. Was up at 5 this morning and did not want to get up...layed there until 5:40 and I actually went to bed at 9:30'ish. I do have some tattoo's-have three and thinking about another one this year sometime, maybe 2. It/they hurt at first but after the first few minutes it's not so bad. It's like going to the dentist...I think the noise is more annoying than getting the actual tattoo. Gaby is too cute! Good she likes the water/swimming.

Francie...sounds like the doc that Josh saw while on base in Hawaii, lol. Of course it's not funny...he was there for his knee and ankle and something else and he said the guy (the doc) googled it-right in front of him. He got in trouble because after a couple times of that he took it upon himself to go see a civilian doc-crazy. Glad you found a doc that knows what they are doing.

Mindee...that sounds disgusting!!! Coke, lemon juice and olive oil-yuck! I guess if you can down it really fast and it not come back up it wouldn't be so bad, lol. Don't think I have ever heard of the liver flush...learn something new every day...don't think I would try it though...not a fan of apple juice or cider so kudos to you for doing it! And :yay: to the 223.8!!! :carrot: :bravo: you are doing great!

Hiya Sue, Tammy, Kathy, Sassy, and Katy :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Didn't get any exercise done yesterday so I will do some today. Working on getting on track...no water yesterday either for some reason. Never going to lose weight if I don't stick with it. I'm staying within my points but the scales are not moving down. At the meeting Monday the leader gave us all a stick and we were to writ on it "Simply stick with it" and carry it around with us to remind every minute of every day. We'll see what WI brings...I weighed today and was up to 182.4, yesterday was at 181.4, lol...see, no water or exercise-no weight loss, for me anyway.

Well, I better get and get something done. Sitting here getting sleepy...need to exercise to wake up and get some laundry done.

luckycharm
01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Good Morning ladies.

Cristina, :hug: Hopefully you will be back on schedule soon. What kind of tattoo are you thinking of getting? DD got a tattoo of a lotus flower on her shoulder. I was thinking of getting a tattoo of a grouphug on my ankle. :lol: But I am a chicken and don't have a high pain tolerance level. (DD said it was quite painful) Was it hard for V to go back to work? DH says he needs a vacation already.

Mindee - Way to go on the lbs loss. Good luck finshing the flush. Hope everything goes well for Tommy today. You have to give Tommy a big hug for his comment.

Francie - Glad that you like this doctor. Yay that you are going to get your referral. Did your BIL get a job yet? How is it going with him there? Still good I hope.

SusieQ - Cole loves to go swimming also. But he won't put his face in the water or relax while he is floating, so he has had to repeat the same level for the 3rd time. He is taking a break from swimming lessons for now. :hug: about the birthday dinner. DD just want to make you bang your head against the wall and knock yourself out sometimes.

Katy - Way to go on the loss. You are doing great. I am feeling for you getting tom for a second time in a month. :hug: for when you go for a checkup.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you all have a great day.

Well I am waiting for a truck to come and pick up our little baby horse. It died yesterday. The vet said that it was weaned way to early, and its digestive system never matured. DD and I have had some huge fights about her buying them at the auction when you do not know the backgrounds of them. Anyway, I must run and get ready for the truck - catch the dogs and put them in the house so they don't scare the driver.

BBL

Mom2Gaby
01-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Good Morning -

Mindee- Congrats to the 223.8!!

Kathy - Very sad about the baby horse. Gaby wants a horse so bad, she really thinks it can live in the garage.

Cristina - You are so not lazy!!! I am lazy. lol

I better get to work, not much time this morning but wanted to say hello. Spent my morning going across the 2 mile bridge in search of pjs for Gaby. The school picked the dead of winter to have PJ day tomorrow. I should have bought her a set at Target when I was there last weekend. I ended up at JCPen and buying Hannah Montana, it was that or High School Musical. Grrrrrrrr
It was a good buy though (the sales lady pointed this out to me as I complained - lol) $10.99 down from $35. Good thing because it made the purchase less painful. haha
I made my chicken salad for lunch and did pretty good yesterday. I did eat a bowl of oatmeal last night. Felt like a blob of carbs was just laying there all night. I tossed and turned over the guilt. lol

anyway - Baby Girl Becky is Sweet 16. Course when I called she said "I a getting ready for school!!!! I don't have time to talk."

The Turd. ;0)

k- better get into my scrubs!!!

Shopaholic1204
01-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Wanna know something kinda funny about my doc appt yesterday? I think my doc farted in the room w/me. I mean, like all of a sudden, there was this bad smell in the room..and I know it wasnt me, so it had to be her, LOL!!!

And no..my BIL hasnt gotten a job yet. BUT that could be because he hasnt turned in his applications yet. He's gonna do that today.

I'm gonna go on a walk right now. Yay..I'm walking, lol. OH..and it snowed for a few mins today, LOL!!!

tommysgirl18
01-08-2009, 03:21 PM
popping in here while I have the chance.....

today is day three of the flush, I have another 16 ounces of apple cider to drink, and then tonight after the kids are in bed I will do the last part of it. Tommy's friend said that after you drink the concoction on the last day, you have to make sure that you will be home (or at least near a bathroom) for three days. So, you can tell that I am NOT planning on going anywhere this weekend!

thanks for the nice comments on the weight loss ladies! I would recommend reading the book Wasted. It gives you an inside prospective that you wouldn't normally see.

SuzieQ~ Happy belated birthday Becky! (is that the one that was in the picture with you and Gaby at the zoo?)

Cristina~ I am not usually a big fan of apple juice/cider either.....but for some reason I am willing to take it on for the flushing purpose.

hello to every one else.....I am trying to keep myself busy while Tommy is at his appointment. he told me last night that he was nervous, and then he changed it to scared. I asked him what he was nervous/scared about and he said it was because he has to have surgery. (he has never had surgery before)

suetalks
01-08-2009, 03:24 PM
SusieQ- Happy Birthday to Becky. I think it should be Happy Birthday to you since YOU gave birth on this day 16 years ago. :)

Kathy- Add my condolences re:the baby horse. So sad.

Cristina- I agree with everyone else...you are SO not lazy. Every time WATP kicks my butt I can't help but think that YOU would be doing a walk on the treadmill after finishing the WATP...and here I am a puddle of sweat after just 2 miles. So :hug: and you will get back on track.

Mindee-Congrats on the loss...and be careful on the liver cleanse. It sounds like torture. :) Fingers crossed that Tommy gets the help he needs for the gall bladder.

Francie- Fingers crossed for you also. Hope the referral comes through and you get good news to start 2009.

Katy- WTG on the loss and the carb counting. Ugh on the 2nd "visit" this month. I hope that gets taken care of... I was lucky, I guess, I didn't have to go through menopause over a period of years. I was thrown into it surgically when I was 44 years old. I can tell you I have never missed those monthly "visits" at all. Even a few night sweats are worth it.

Sassy and Tammy- Hope you can pop in and let us know what is going on with you. We miss all our BIKers.

I got my WATP in this morning, so I have 5 days in a row...yay! Although Sunday counts on LAST week, so I have to pump out at least one more this week to reach my 5 a week goal. (does that make sense?) Calories have been so-so. I actually did real well until yesterday, my 1200-1500 allowance soared to 1600 with a slice of pizza. But it was sooo good. And now that I have found the calories online I plan to have 1 slice every once in awhile when DH has 3 or 4. I just need to plan it ahead....and balance it with a nice green salad. :)

Nothing much happening in my life right now....calm and serene. (Until one of my kiddos or "grands" acts up..lol)

Thank you all for the WA wishes...I honestly thought I was on here yesterday. For the BIG day I did laundry and ironed. haha.. Think of all the ironing I have done in 32 years for a DH who wears cotton shirts....ugh.

tommysgirl18
01-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks Sue....so far all has gone well. I am going to get this finished tonight...and then it will be done and over with!

RosieKate
01-08-2009, 04:12 PM
big news here chickies...my DH is going to play in the Inaugural Parade

here's the press release..

http://www.getalifemb.org/inauguration/Portland%20Adult%20Marching%20Band%20Headed%20to%2 0Inaugural%20Parade.pdf

I can't afford to go with him, so I can't swing out there and see Tammy and Francie or Jules, but keep an eye out for the Get a Life Band during the televised parade and that's where he'll be!

FrouFrou
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hello again!

Susan...love the pics on myspace. Bec looks just like her momma, so pretty! Love the idea of pj day...I think I will have a pj day Saturday ;)

Francie...you had me laughing about the doc :lol: Too funny, well unless you were there and had to smell it, lol. Hoping BIL gets a job soon :crossed:

Mindee...now, is this flush just mainly for cleansing purposes or to lose weight? Just curious...tell Tommy don't be scared :hug: Gallbladder surgery is not bad at all and you're knocked out anyway, so...although, I know when I finally had it I was scared. My fear was more to do with something happening to me and my kids not having anyone to take care of them more than the surgery itself.

Sue...WTG on the WATP 5 days! :carrot: Hey, 100 cals is not so bad, it could have easily been a lot worse. I think you did great! I know pizza, and the breadsticks are a big downfall for me but I am working on it...glad we don't have it often. Ummm, that's a LOT of ironing!

Kathy...so sorry to hear about the horse, too sad. :hug: V has been tired the last few days, lol. He got lazy on his almost 2 weeks off, lol. Not sure what I will get...I try to get ones that have meaning to them rather than just for the sake of having one. I was thinking Little Red Riding Hood because 1st DH used to play/sing that song with the kids on his guitar. But I can't find the 'right' one. I may do something else :dunno: The pain actually wasn't so bad...well, the ankle one was okay until I swear he scraped bone, ouch!

HI everyone else :wave:

Cambrie is taking a nap so thought I would jump on here for a few minutes. I told her after her nap we will go for a bike ride...her on the bike and I will walk. So I will get 1 1/2 miles there and I did 3 miles already so, so far, so good. I was getting sleepy earlier and finally got up off my arse and did something. Helped her with some work pages too...long road there, lol. Hope she gets a little better because she is to start kindergarten this fall.

Have a great day!

FrouFrou
01-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Katy...you snuck in there while I was posting! That is AWESOME!!! I checked out the letter and site...too cool! You must be proud...too bad you can't go. That would be even more awesome! :yay: :hug: :cheer:

luckycharm
01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
afternoon everyone

I am having a truly lazy day today. I have yet to go and get on the treadmill. Has anyone noticed that there is really nothing on TV all day long? Although I did watch the Jerry Springer show this morning and had a good laugh. I wonder how much his guests get paid for their bad acting, because that truly can't be "for real".

Katy - that is so exciting. Is your hubby visible in one of the pictures? That is too bad that you can't go also.

Cristina - I wish I was as lazy as you :rofl: - then I would look as good as you too. I manage to make an hour on the treadmill because I think of you all your time you get in. I can't wait until I get to where you are at, although you will be at your goal by then, and you can just keep cracking the whip on me. What do you have on your ankle?

Sue - You go Woman. I am impressed. Do you realize that you are in a pool of sweat because you are exercising at an equivalent of 4 mph? You will be cracking the whip on me also. Our Cristina is a good influence on us! And I'm just plain jealous of our SusieQ :lol:

Francie - how did you not start laughing at the DR's I think I would have. You know as I was reading that, the dog was sitting with me, and he was passing some toxic knock me out gas also. (that's what I get for being jealous of SusieQ). Do you have another appointment today? And way to go on the walking.

Mindee did you finish reading the book? Where did your sister get it? Is Brandon happy to be back at school?

SusieQ - Run far away from the horses. Tell Gaby that kittens are much better pets. It all starts with one, then ends up as way to many, and then daughters that don't listen to a word you say.....Good job on the salad. When is your next day off?

Jules are you working today? Hope it is a good one.

Tammy - hello to you

Sassy - Come out and play with us.

Well, its 3:00 I guess I better go get dressed, and figure out what I am making for supper.

Sassy_Chick
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Hola Chickareenos. :wave:

Sorry about being MIA. This was my long week at work so I was beat by the time I got home. TG it is FINALLY over, I am tired! :tired:

Anyways, been doing pretty good, I have given up Mt. Dew. :cry: (No I do not like Diet Mt. Dew :p) I have been drinking Diet A & W Rootbeer, it tastes exactly like the regular and I got a Coke Zero lastnight @ work too & been drinking water of course. :bravo: I didn't do so well Wed, but I did good yesterday. I have my friend/coworker "cracking the whip" on me so I stay on track. ;)

I found a new love :val1:, WW's Boston Cream Pie Yogurt! Only 100 Calories and only 1 point! :carrot: My coworker had it and I had the Yaplait Lite Pineapple Upside Down Cake Yogurt, which also has only 100 calories. Well I tasted mine and didn't like it too much. I thought it was too pineappley. Yes Pine-Apple-Y its a word! :lol: So we traded, she said it was like we were in grade school. lol. But I am def. getting me some WW's Yogurts when we go to the store! YUMMO!!!! :drool:

Also my coworker and I ordered a pizza and it was awesome! It had: Roasted Chicken, Red Onions, Green Peppers and Mushrooms on Thin Crust! It didn't have hardly any cheese (if any at all) and hardly any sauce so you could really taste the toppings!! So not too awful and it was SOOO good!!! :broc:

Ok so now its to incorporate
exercising. :woops::lifter::trampo::running::boxing: I haven't so far this week because after working 12.5 hrs I am just beat. :yawn: So I figure I will try to get some in this weekend.

I'm off tonight so you'd think I'd sleep in right? NOPE! I was up at like 4:30 pm or something! Which for me is EARLY! (remember I work nights ;)) I figured oh well I can take a nap later or something.

Want to wish Sue and her Hubby a Happy Anniversary :val2: and Suzy Q's Becky a Happy Bday! :bday2you:

Well I hope you all have a Great Thursday! :D

tommysgirl18
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I am back!

I just finished the last part of the liver flush and so I am feeling good so far.....I just need to keep close to home (or a bathroom) for the next three days. I drank the stuff, and then climbed on the couch, Tommy wrapped me up in a blanket and got me a pot to puke in if I needed to. (I never did, but it was nice that he brought me one)

he had his appointment with the doctor. the doctor told him that his gall bladder was only functioning at 11% and it was one of the worst off ones that he had seen. the doctor told Tommy that it was up to him as to when he wanted the doctor to pull it out. Tommy said that he wanted to wait until he got back to work and built up the fundage so to speak. The doctor said that it wasn't a problem, and gave him some dates in February that he could pick from. Then also told him that he could always call and schedule an appointment for sooner if need be. so that is where we stand on that.....oh yeah, the doctor told him that once he gets it taken out he can eat what he wants, but for a week after the surgery he will have to eat a low fat diet/foods.

Katy~ That is so exciting!!!!!!!

Cristina~ I think it is more so for a cleansing purpose then to lose weight. Either way, I am willing to try it for either purpose.

Kathy~ I am not done reading it yet....but I am getting there. I am not exactly sure where she got it from. Brandon loves school, and hates to be home from it for anything. It works out well for us though......if he gets a cough or a cold, we tell him that he needs to take his medicine or he will have to miss school, and he comes skipping into the kitchen to take it.

Sassy~ That is great that you are giving up Mountain Dew! I am attempting to ditch the coke bug again......I have my Squirt, my propels and my regular water to back that train up.

off to go figure out how I am going to convince Tommy to play some Uno with me.....LOL

Mom2Gaby
01-09-2009, 01:55 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/thnkredd/power.jpg

Grrrrrrrrr.............pmsing and liking it for some odd reason. I say things that my normal polite self won't say. lol

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes for Beck.She had a good day and was in a happy mood when I chatted w/ her last night. Her boyfriend brought cupcakes to school for all her friends.

Ugh, I don't have time for indy's right now, sorry! Good to see you though posting Sassy and congrats to your DH Katy and getting to be in the parade, that is exciting!

I made my salad and seem to be doing ok eatingwise this week. I did wake up and make oatmeal, I was trying to stay away from carbs.
Gabster headed off in her pj's , looked cute. My next day off (thanks for asking Kathy :) ) is Monday. I don't really like the 11 to 7:30 only because we haven't been that busy and I went home last night at 7. I really need to get my hours in, especially since I am not even fulltime. Tomorrow though I work 7 to 3:30 and that shift I am always slammed, so that will be a nice change.

Need to find time to get to the store for more bell peppers and cucumbers.

I guess that is it!! Time is up..........

tommysgirl18
01-09-2009, 02:52 PM
well, when it rains it pours, like usual!

Tommy just got a call from the assistant plant manager that he is on definite layoff. He called his friend to ask him if he got a call, and his friend told him that when he went to go pick up his check they asked him if he is coming in on Monday and he told them as far as he knows he is, that nobody had called him and told him anything different.

So, now he is between a rock and a hard place. He needs to get his gall bladder taken out, and now it is not sure what to do. I told him that by law he has to be given his insurance until the end of the month, and to call the doctor's office and schedule his surgery for soon. Then on top of all that we have to figure out how we are going to pay rent and our bills so that nothing gets shut off.

FrouFrou
01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Just a quick Hi for now...was going to post and do indies but Jeopardy came on and have been sitting here watching tv since...with the computer on. Anyway...bad news today...knew the funeral was just the beginning of things to come...join the club Mindee! I don't need or want this crap...anyway...I'll be back either later tonight, much later or tomorrow sometime. Going to go start some baked potatoes and then do an exercise dvd to work some of this frustration/sadness off...maybe.

jules1216
01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
quickee for me..my mom called me today with bad news...she's had a lump on her neck that has been growing, she goes for a catscan on Monday. I am hoping for something simple, but family history has me worried. Her oldest brother Daniel died of Hodgkins lymphoma and her brother Charles is currently in remission of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

I am in worry mode right now and a little scared.

suetalks
01-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Mindee, Cristina and Jules...Love and prayers to the three of you. May what looks bad today turn out to be nothing tomorrow. We are here for you. Please keep us posted and we will send good "vibes."

Not much going on here. I did stay OP, so only one day this week with 100 calories over...yay. I was going to take the day off from my WATP, but ended up doing a half work out, just to stay mobile. My desire is to keep moving so if/when I have a day nice enough to ride the bike I am up for it. I remember last year when that first week of riding killed me.

We went out for breakfast this morning, which I did well on. I am getting the hang of this....for now. HA.

Hope you all have a nice week-end and stay safe. It is supposed to snow here and be icy.

luckycharm
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
:hug: to you Mindee, Cristina and Jules. And you too Sue.

I am so sorry that you three are going through a rough time. My love and prayers are going to you guys.

Hello to everyone else. :grouphug:

Sassy_Chick
01-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Hola Chicks.

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1748/1748059sc9yht0pvp.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Went out to dinner lastnight with DH and our friend. Had seafood.....Yummo! :drool: I had King Crab Legs and a cup of the Crawfish Bisque Gumbo. Then I spurlged and had a piece of Pralene Cheesecake!! OMG!!!! It was SOOOO good!!!!! :drool:

But ya know I think I over did it because I went to the bathroom after eating and I almost lost my whole meal! :barf: I was like uh uh I am not wasting that food, no puke! no puke! lol. It was just so yummy and I don't have crab that often at all. :no: So I splurged.....:o

After that DH and our friend had to head off to work --- ha ha not me! :D So I went to Wally World and shopped alone. I haven't done that in a LONG time and it was nice. I took my time and looked. I didn't even buy that much, but it was just nice to go and look at whatever I wanted however long I wanted!

There was a group of very annoying teenagers in there though that were hooting and hollering. I was like, "Lets go hang out at Wal-Mart" :p Geez if I ever was that obnoxious I truly apologize to society! lol.

Then I got home, started watching a Lifetime Movie and halfway through realized I had already seen it and it was a sad one and I didn't feel like boo-hooing :cry: so then I got online. lol.

In the morning if the weather isn't too bad I am meeting DH for breakfast. We usually go out to breakfast every Saturday morning together, its "our time" together. Then we are going to Costco to get a few things and possibly a few other stores, depending on how tired DH is (he works nights too) I am off but I have been awake the same amount of time as him, only haven't been working, so I shouldn't be as tired, but you never know! lol.

We are also going to stop at Whole Foods to get me some Decent Produce. Wal-Marts just looks sad. I figure if I am eating healthy, I want to eat the good stuff! ;) I also bought myself some WW's Yogurt. :carrot: That stuff is the "bomb"!!! :drool:

Oh and our next door neighbor who has been such a pain in the rear being so loud with his stereo and all, well he started cursing and yelling Thursday night so loud I could hear it at our computer desk with music on! :o So I called and left a message with the apartment complex. We never complain so the Apartment Manager called bright and early yesterday morning. I guess the owner, who we are on extremely good terms on, is taking care of it. I am so glad! :cp: I don't mind if people have the occasional party or something, but with him its ALL the time and he also has people coming and going at ALL hours of the night, people knocking LOUDLY on his door at all hours then he opens the door and then they leave minutes later. We think he may be a drug dealer. So I hope that they evict him! :p I don't need that! I mean I know we want to move, but it is going to take some time and we have been here a while and our building was so nice and peaceful until he got here! lol.

Big :hug: to any who may need it right now.

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1627/1627892vyez89bmqc.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Mindee -- I feel ya hun. Its rough when things like that hit. I hope Tommy can get his surgery done. DH had to have his out and so I know how painful it can be when your having problems. DH felt instant relief after his was taken out. Can Tommy get Unemployment? I know it doesn't pay as much as regular pay, but that is what helped us get through when DH was let go. Big Big :hug:

Hi Kathy!! How are you?? I hope well! How is my buddy, Cole? :D Here is a little something for him:

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1777/1777944c09cb5v7r6.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

I still haven't done any exercising yet. I need to do my WATP's and I also bought a new Workout DVD: Denise Austin "Get Fit Daily Dozen" 12 moves in 12 minutes. ;) I may check that one out just to get the "Ball" rolling!

I do have a question for the ones who are doing the WATP's: How long did it take you to get to more than one mile? I want to eventually be able to do the whole DVD (2 miles) twice a day, how long do you think it would take me to get up to that? Also how often do you do it? Everyday? 5 x's a week? 3 x's a week? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wowsers I have really rambled away this time! :blah: :lol:

K I am ending this now! lol.

Have a Great Saturday!!!

http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1279/1279452mpm32rqruj.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

RosieKate
01-10-2009, 11:48 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug:Mindee Cristina and Jules...hope today brings better news...

Hi to everyone else!

I am getting ready to go to aerobics class so I'll bbl to chat atcha..

suetalks
01-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Sassy- When I did the WATP sporadically I had a hard time passing the 1 mile mark. I would get to 2 miles once in awhile. Now that I am doing it every day I just stayed on 1 mile for 3 days, then up to 2 miles. It kicks my butt to do 3 miles, so I do it just when I feel like I can. I eventually want to do 3 miles every time, but even if it is 2 I figure it is 2 more than I do sitting on the couch. Personally, to start out, if I were you I would be satisfied with a mile for a week . Especially if you plan to do it twice a day...I might even say more than a week because 2 miles a day is good.
I have a 15 minute walking work-out I got from a magazine and I have started doing it for my extra time. Now I want to do 3 miles 5x a week and the 15 minutes everyday. I will be happy...

I will pm you the 15 minute walk. You can do it anywhere, even on breaks at work if you want. You and your friend could do it together. I am going to be doing it in the hotel room next week, just so I don't get out of practice.

Good luck with however you decide to exercise. It is the hardest thing for me in the winter. Remember to not over-do, but do push yourself a little, and each day it will get easier... ..... just my 2 cents.

suetalks
01-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I had the other half of yesterday's breakfast this morning. Yes, I am one of those carry out a box people. I cut my meal in half and take half home most times. Hey, It was a 900 calorie breakfast...and I ate half for basically brunch both days. At least I know exactly what I can have the rest of the day....now to just do it.

Nothing going on here today. We are threatened with ice and snow, so will stay home. I did a load of laundry and will clean the kitchen..nothing major. Probably play games on the computer or read. My eye is still fuzzy, so I can't do either for a long period of time.

Happy Saturday to you all.

P.S. I got my 5 days of exercise in...have done 6 in a row. I will most likely do a full work-out today and a half Sunday. Or the 15 minutes I was telling Sassy about. I can do it twice a day...

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2009, 12:44 PM
:hug::hug: to Mindee, Cristina and Miss Jules.

Sending warm thoughts as you all face some tough days. I hope you get some comfort in this group of ladies, I know I have when I have gone through difficult times. Sometimes I don't always say everything I have been going through but it helps a lot to just come in and chat about weight and plain silly stuff.

I am at work so only have a split second. Gabster was suppose to go to PDX w/ her father this weekend. Poor thing. I think she is worn out from last weekend but she did have 2 weeks off, I just think she is coming down w/ a sore throat.

Sue - was going to say that the snow pic is pretty!

:wave: to Sassy & Katy and everyone else.

No salad today, didn't make it to the store last night. I guess I could make it for dinner.

anyway, feel good about eating this week. Hope for a good wi on Monday.

best get!! :wave:

tommysgirl18
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
thanks for all the nice words and hugs ladies.....

hugs and good vibes to all the other ladies that need them!

we are managing now....Tommy goes next Friday for his surgery so that will be done and over with. we will know what time next Thursday when the nurse calls.....as for unemployment, he filed and has to call on Monday to see if he gets it. so, cross anything you possible can that we can get that so we have something coming in to help out our situation.

FrouFrou
01-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...lots of hugs to you and your momma. :hug: :hug: Will definitely say a prayer for her.

MINDEE...hugs to you

SUSAN...hope Gaby feels better soon. Don't work too hard!

SUE...WTG on the 6 days! You are doing great!

KATY...hope ya got in a good workout!

FRANCIE...hoping all is well with you.

KATHY...hoping all is well with you as well.

SASSY...glad you guys had a nice dinner.

I did manage to get some exercise done, just 70 minutes...wanted to do 90 but then got lazy and sidetracked. Haven't done any today and I hate that. Not sure I will either. It's too late in the day and I don't want to play catchup so I don't know.

Of course my plan for the day was to sleep in, exercise, read and then be lazy. Josh and the fam came over last night to see how the vet visit went and visited a while and Chase invited us to his basketball game this morning. So we went to that, got back about 12:30 and had some lunch and then her I sit on the computer. In between watching Apocalypto (sp?) wasn't so bad after all. That's about all I have...hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

tommysgirl18
01-10-2009, 05:17 PM
thought I would pop in and see who else has posted.....

none of the kids are napping, BUT Tommy is......how does that work out? I am going to make Cowboy Spaghetti for dinner.....we invited a friend of ours over since he is going through a rough patch himself.....when I talked to him last night he was going to think about it, but I haven't heard if he is going to come over or not.

It has been snowing all day long, and doesn't look like it is going to stop anytime soon. I probably should go on one of the local news stations websites to see what it is saying......

we are in trouble now......Marissa has figured out how to get her leg up to the top of the side railing......so it won't be much longer before she hops on over! we were talking last night, and we are thinking of just turning her bed into a toddler bed and just have to deal with her getting out of her bed. The side railing is barely hanging on because she shakes the heck out of the railing....so I might have Tommy switch in either tonight or tomorrow.

Mom2Gaby
01-10-2009, 07:58 PM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn68/Just-My-Stuff/FriendsFemale.jpg

I am off work! Yay, one more day and I get a day off.

Am I the only single lady here?? Maybe Asia, right?? Did anybody hear from her over the holidays?

Mindee- You deserve some good news on Monday w/ the unemployment, I hope it all works out for you guys. :hug::hug::hug: Good to hear that Tommy will get the gallbladder taken care of while he still has insurance. Same thing happened w/ my root canal, but I couldn't get an appt for a follow up until after insurance ran out, so I had 1/2 a canal done. :D

Cristina - You are kind of slacking w/ that 70 minutes of exercise, what will we do w/ you??? haha- jk. I didn't work too hard, it was a nice day at work. Tomorrow I might have bio to deal w/ so it could be a little busier, I just hate bio. I am reading Seeing Myself Naked by Liza Palmer (???) I just started it so don't know much about it. Tonight though w/ Gaby gone I will have a chance to read.

Sue- Impressed w/ your 6 days in a row too! Good for you. What was the breakfast that you ordered??? I love breakfast food. :hun:

Jules - :hug: hope you are having a good day.

Sassy - Have fun w/ all that shopping! I need to go to the store too and stock up on salad stuff.

Kathy & Katy - Hope you guys are having a great Saturday too!

Hi to Francie,Tammy & Asia! :wave:

Off to the store and some grocery shopping. I miss Gaby, she is just my best buddy. I feel bad because she didn't even want to go and wasn't feeling well. I wish I would have put my foot down and asked if they would not make that trip into Portland.

*sigh........anyway, going to relax and read tonight.

Chat later.

sz2atheart
01-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

Geez, gone a week and the place is falling apart again. I'm not saying this jokingly (is that a word?) I am so sorry that many of you are having rough times.

Mindee: You sure have your share of difficult times. I wish you were near so I could give you a hug. I'm glad that Tommy is having his surgery. Keep your chin up hun. :hug:

Francie: Now you girlie....you are close enough to hug. You need to pm me and get my phone number and call me when things are getting you down. I'm only 10 min away. Good luck on your doc appt and referral.

Katy: OMG...you must be so proud of dh!! It would have been great for you to have visited. There are no hotels available for miles around. They have been booked for months. Of course, there is always my comfy guestroom with your own private bath, plush down comforter, desk, TV etc. If only you could come. :^:

Cristina: I'm now an official MIL. Have been a step-mom for 11 yrs and just now getting along with my step-d. She needed to grow up a bit. I just bit my tongue for years with her. Now my DIL....hmmm. I believe she wears the pants in that family. I just try to not get involved. But wait.....she is now pregnant....it might just change my attitude.

Hey to everyone else, Sassy, Sue, Jules, Kathy, Susan...I'm sure I'm missing someone. I guess you've read my remark to Cristina...yes, I'm going to be a Grandmom!!! :carrot: It must have been a wedding night conception. Not what they had planned and it has taken them about a week to get over the shock and a little bit of disappointment. They really wanted to wait a few years. Baby is due Aug 14th.

I've been knee deep into wedding plans with dd. We spent several hrs on Wed going over all the little details and we've both have been non-stop emailing ideas and/or calling each other. It's exhausting but also fun. Hopefully will be meeting with the caterer this week to go over the long list of questions with them. Finishing up guest list and working on invites, table centerpieces, favors, candy buffet, wine bottle labels etc. The list goes on and on.

Spent the day at step-d's apt. delivering her new TV and setting it all up. Rushed home (1 1/2hr drive) to watch the Raven's game and listened to dh scream for nearly 4 hrs till they won the game :carrot:

Went back to WW last Wed and gained 4 lbs. Not so bad really. I felt like it was 10. Back on track and feeling mentally good. Not so much physically....my asthma has been horrible this past week. I see my pulmonary doc every 3 months and, of course, not sched for several weeks. Just might have to give him a call. He'll put me on steriods. Not what I want to start on while trying to start dieting again. But hey.....I gotta breathe!!!

Speaking of breathing, need a hit of my inhaler then going to take a long shower and turn in early. Missed you guys this past week. Take care! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey all..just poppin in to make sure everyone is still well and kickin.

Plus, I wanted to come in and share my new workout news. Fonzo & I are gonna be working out at the gym every other day..and walking on the days we arent at the gym. And if we dont, then no tv time or book buying for us. And no video games for him. I hope this works for the both of us.

Mom2Gaby
01-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Good Morning -

Tammy - Sorry, must have missed the news about becoming a grandmother, congrats! Hope you feel better w/ the asthma. I can feel 10 pounds, lol. My pants feel tight and I feel sluggish all around...amazing what a few pounds less can do for how you move.Best to you and getting back on track, 4 pounds isn't too bad :D

Francie - Proud of you and Fonzo on the gym!! Good for you. :hug:

Just on a short break. The other ladies gab for an hour when they come on shift now it is my turn to take a break.

I had grilled chicken and a small bowl of potato soup yesterday for lunch. I managed to get to the store last night and restock on veggies for my salads. I am going to add kidney beans to the mix, love those.

Watched The Bachelor last night, a repeat of last Mondays show. I like Molly (is that her name??) and Megan. He still isn't my cup of tea but it is kind of fun to watch.

Missssssssssssssss my Gaby, she should be home this evening.

k- you all have a good day and many hugs if you need one :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Well..me & Fonzo woke up and went for a walk today!!!!!!! Omg..it was soooooooooooooooooooooo cold!!!!!!!! LoL!!! I'm gonna have to find some warmer non-sweat pants type pants, lol. We walked a mile!!!!!! We walked to the closest street light..and then next time, we're gonna walk to the next one. Our goal is to make it to the Naval Academy. Then our 2nd goal is to make it to the Academy, walk around the whole place..then walk home from the other way. I hope we can do it. We gotta work up to it though, lol. Tomorrow,we're gonna go to the gym.

OHH...and when we got to our street..we jogged back. And I totally beat Fonzo to the door, lol. Of course, I collapsed on the floor, lol. But whatever. I used to be a good runner when I was younger.

I'm excited about the gym tomorrow!!!!!

AND since I walked today, I get to watch the Golden Globes tonight!! YAY!!! (Fonzo was gonna take that away from me if I didnt go, lol)

Is it okay if I dont track my weight all the time?? I mean, that pretty much depresses me whenever I do, lol. And I dont wanna get all nutty about again.

FrouFrou
01-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello...

Tammy...:congrat: on the good news!

Susan...sorry Gaby is feeling under the weather, hope she feels better soon :hug:

Francie...:bravo: to you and the hubby on the walk today and your workout plans! :carrot:

Nothing going on, just wanted to stop by and say hi. :wave: Hope everyone is having a good day.

RosieKate
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Just stopping by to say hi!

Francie - I think your exercise plans are terrific..I should hold something like internet over my head to motivate me....imo, you don't have to put your weight if you don't want to, I think we agreed that the challenges were individual ones.

Susan-...hang in there, Gaby will be home soon! The Bachelor usually isn't the sort of show I get into, but I can't seem to look away - aaargh. Like a car accident, I guess. I just can't believe how some women act. Do you think DeAnna will come back for a second chance? I can't ell if they are hyping it up and it's just editing or what.

Cristina - so sorry about your bad news...poor little Ernie dog. And so sorry about Josh's job, and keeping fingers crossed that V's job is secure. hang in there, ok? we are here for you!

Jules - How are you doing ...any word on your mom?

Mindee- so glad Tommy can get his surgery while he still has insurance. Hope his visit to the employment office goes well.

Tammy - congrats on the baby news...no sooner are you done with all this wedding planning, then you'll be grandbaby planning - you'll never get a rest :) Hope your asthma has eased up...

J had soccer first thing this a.m. then we packed everyone up and off to church. I had to run to Target and buy a toaster oven and a new printer 'cause they both broke on the same day...ugh. It would be nice if things would break in an orderly fashion, like one per pay period. yeesh. I'm still bleeding and cramping, tho' not as much as earlier in the week. I am so glad I made an obgyn appointment. This is definitely unusual for me, so I'll get looked at before I get too worried about it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

tommysgirl18
01-11-2009, 06:01 PM
well, we have had a mild day today.....

we got up and the kids were playing in the boys room. then we heard an "uh oh" and walked into the room to see the window broken. we called the office manager and she said that she would write a work order for it to get looked at. so we covered it in plastic, and now we wait to see what they are going to say about it. knowing this place, they will probably make us pay for it.

Tommy is making chili for dinner, and that is about it. I have been cooking dinner lately......I made cowboy spaghetti last night, strombolis the night before, and meatloaf the night before that. And now with him getting his surgery done this coming Friday, I am sure that I will be making more meals.....so I am prepared for all that.

Mom2Gaby
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Katy - Deanna is a drip. I can't believe she would come back and tell J she made a mistake. Whatever. lol Jesse was a cutie. I hope J turns her away, I thought he said that in an interview when it was announced that Dee & Jesse broke up???
:hug::hug::hug::hug:, hope you get to feeling better. When does DH leave for DC?

:wave: to Cristina, Francie and Miss Mindee!! Happy to see you all posting.

I better get back to work, almost done for the day! Gab made it to the ex's to see the R's, that was nice. I happened to call when she was there and I heard the girls laughing in the background....Gab loves her sisters....or at least Rach. lol

Picked up some salmon from the lunch today at the hospital for my salad tomorrow, yum!!! One of the ladies in the cafeteria gave me a plate of breakfast food, she says she has to *fatten* me up. Argh,,,I hate that, I don't look that thin and some people can go around teeny tiny in there 120's and look ok and no one says anything.

Look forward to WI :carrot:

jules1216
01-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Well...I did my freaking out which my Mom thought it would be my brother not me. Hubby reminded me that he had a knot about 10 years ago in the same spot that was caused by a bad tooth. I am praying that it is something that simple. I do want to thank everyone for the support.

mindee-hubby cooks rarely though he is a good cook. I have to admit he has his faults but helping around the house is not one of them except he doesn't do dishes...ever...Too bad about the window. I hope everything goes well with the unemployment. Maybe you can get some kind of assistance to help pay for his surgery.

Katie--thats' awesome for hubby--you couldn't pay me enough to take the Metro into DC for the inaugaration--the hotels in Washington County are already filling up and that's a 1/2 hours away. I have always wanted to go down for the Easter Egg roll one year or fireworks for the 4th of July..but sigh...hubbys not much for big city visits.

Crisitna--sorry about Ernie dog. I am glad DIL straightened up and you are doing things with the kids again. WTG on getting back on your exercise routine.

Francie--sounds like you have a plan, it's great Fonzo is doing it with you.

SuzyQ--I am rearranging Teri's old room which is being turned into Domincs room. I had cottage cheese and beets for lunch...remunded me of you..Dominic liked both.

Tammy--congats--being a grandmom is FUN!!!! I lost 1/2 a lb this week---gained 2 the one before...I am back on track now though. Nothing to celebrate until hubby's bday in Feb.

Sassy--have fun shopping. I have been known to wander through Walmart's aisles myself. They don't have good veggies at ours either,

Sue--hope you eye is feeling better--the exercise bands do more than you think

Kathy--Teri wants Dave to be a father to Dominic but she will never go back with him. He lies about the simplest stuff and cheated on her while she was pregnant. She has moved on and she wants him to.

Well, I need to finish a few things...

sz2atheart
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Cristina--Did I miss something about Ernie dog?? I looked back and couldn't find a remark about him. I'm sorry if it's bad :(. Take care :hug:

Still feeling bad and short of breath with my asthma so dh shuttled me around today. Went to Michaels and bought votives on sale for dd reception. Then off to get a few groceries. Spent the rest of day in my office hanging on the computer and watching senseless stuff on TV. I've got to get ahold of my doc tomorrow and get on some different meds. Damn....I don't want to be using up sick time at this time of the year. Actually all of our time off is wrapped into one bank called PTO (paid time off). So it feels like I'm using vacation time when I call out sick. Suppose they did that on purpose :mad: Deters people from calling out.

Making baked sweet potatoes, brocolli and baked chicken breast for dinner. The oven timer just beeped. Gotta go!

suetalks
01-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Quick "hi." Sorry to Cristina, but I didn't read anything about Ernie dog either. Nor about Josh and V's jobs. Hope things are okay and I am sending good vibes. To Mindee and Jules, still sending good wishes to you both too.

I topped my 6 days of exercising off by twisting my back..again. So Sat. and Sun. I did only upper body, and not as much as I should have. I seem to always have to take two steps back after I think I have made a step ahead. I want my back better by Tues. when we travel. :( What's a body to do? Hopefully I can walk Tues. through Sat. in warmer climate.....*fingers crossed*
Wish me luck on eating well while there.

tommysgirl18
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
just thought I would pop in to see how every body was doing.....

Cristina~ I am so sorry to hear about Ernie dog.....I hope every thing is okay.

Jules~ His insurance will cover his surgery so we are not worried about that at all. We are just more worried about his unemployment and if it will go through on Monday. then on top of it all, dealing with the broken window now.

Shopaholic1204
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Cristina~Sorry about Ernie...

Sassy_Chick
01-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Hey all.

Wow I thought I had posted a nice long post here lastnight and now I see its not here? Thats disturbing, did I dream that posted it? lol. Nah I think what happened is that when I went to post it kept saying that the "Server was busy" and I waited but it would never post. So I guess I must have given up? :shrug:

Anyways..........my intentions were good. I responded to everybody here and it just really irks me that my post it gone. :tantrum:

Oh well life goes on, right?

I called off work lastnight. My back was hurting so bad that I could not sleep. I even took a pain pill and nothing. :( So at 2 pm I was still awake. :tired: So I took 2nd pain pill and then I fell asleep but then had to wake up again at 6:30 pm, I was dead to the world + in pain. DH took one look at me and told me to call in. I didn't argue and asked him to call for me. He did and told me to go back to sleep.

I woke up hours later about 9:30 pm when DH got up for work. (he works 3rd shift as well, only he works 11-7) I now feel better, I mean I am still in pain, but I'm ok. The main reason I didn't go in was because of the lack of sleep. Now I feel guilty. :( If I had the car I would have gone in and just been late instead of calling off completely. But I don't have it and no way to get there......

I know I should just relax and take it easy and not worry, but I can't help it. I feel bad about leaving my coworker/friend alone. :(

Well on the positive note here. We have officially began looking for a house (to rent). I searched Craigslist and found two yesterday morning and responded. One called us right away and sent us an application. The other called later.

I just hope we can move soon. I just so want to be in a house again. (we rented a house before moving to this apt.) To have room to move and hopefully storage space. The one house does have a storage shed in the back yard and a nice deck and a fenced in back yard! Oh I guess I could share the link with you so you all could take a peek at it, that is if your interested?

1st house that responded 1st:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/apa/974513179.html

The pictures are small, but you can at least get a general idea.

This is the 2nd one, only DH looked at the map and figured out its a little bit farther away than we want, but I will share it anyways:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/apa/973056762.html

Have any of you heard about the WW's Momentum plan? Anybody on it or know anyone on it? I was going to look into it. I still have not exercised of course due to my back I am very afraid too right now. But I plan on it very soon!

Well That is about all I have to say.

I hope you all are well!!!

FrouFrou
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Hello all...

Tammy...I did mention something about Ernie dog and then went back and deleted it. I do that all the time...write stuff and then think, aww, no one wants to hear about it or I just don't really want to share after all...don't want to be a downer. Ms Katy must have read before I deleted, lol. But our little Ernie dog has lymphoma, just found out Friday...going to have an ultrasound this Friday to make sure. Thank you for asking. And I hope you can get to the doctor and hope you feel better:hug:

THANK YOU ladies :hug:

Jules...you are in my thoughts and prayers today. :hug:

Katy...you weren't supposed to see that missy, lol. Thank you though :hug: Glad you have an appt for the ob/gyn...that would scare me. Sorry the toaster and printer went out.

Mindee...glad the insurance will cover the surgery. Can't even imagine what it would cost now days for any kind of surgery.

Sassy...those are nice houses, hopfully you guys can get into one of them...would definitely beat the apt with the noisey neighbor.

HIYA Sue, Francie, Susan, and everyone else.

Gotta run for now...have to get Cambrie dressed and feed then take her to preschool at noon. Chat later...

tommysgirl18
01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
thought I would pop in here to see how every one is doing.....

Brandon is on his way to school, Marissa is supposed to be laying down AND Logan is getting ready to go to Walmart with daddy. Tommy was able to call about his unemployment and thank goodness we are getting that!!! The office manager called and told me that the head maintenance guy no longer comes in here on Monday, so the earliest that he can look at it is tomorrow morning. I told her that he won't look at it because he won't come inside the apartment. She then tried to argue with me, but I told her that the farthest he will come is onto the porch.

So, now we are just waiting the rest of the things out. She told me that was going to send the head maintenance guy out because he will then go back and tell the owner which way they should lean. And let me tell you, if it doesn't go well, the kids are going to learn some new "mommy & daddy" words from Tommy.

Cristina~ Sorry to hear about Ernie dog.

Sassy~ Those houses look great! We are in the housing search as well....we have looked at the local housing on Craigslist but can't find anything out this way. I hope your back feels better soon! I have heard about the new plan, but haven't really looked too into it just yet. I want to because I want to see how it is different from the other plans.

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Cristina - sorry about Ernie,sending warm thoughts this Friday when he has his exam. :hug::hug: what did you fix for little Cambrie?? I did oatmeal for Gaby even though she asked for eggs. She protested and refused to eat the oat cereal, went to school without eating. Little Turd.

Mindee- ok, curious...why won't the maintenance man come in the apt? I hope he gets the window fixed! And great about the unemployment, I bet that is a huge relief :hug:

Jules - Love beets and the cottage cheese. I like cc mixed w/ salsa too, kind of good w/ pretzels. Gab and Beck will eat that but Rach gags. lol

Katy - How did soccer go yesterday? Hope you are feeling better. The Bachelor is on tonight!

I guess that is it, not overly chatty. I did WI at 142 this morning, so yay to me.

Shopaholic1204
01-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Awww Cristina...so sorry about Ernie. I'll keep him in my prayers!!!

RosieKate
01-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Weighed in at 173, carbs yesterday were 105...slowly getting back in the swing of things..

Cristina - sorry I let the cat out of bag about Ernie..I read it, but never noticed that you went back and deleted..you still get lotsa big :hug::hug::hug:, hope he gets some good news fro the vet.

Susan- I wish I could get into beets, they are so nutritious. I only like them roasted, even then not that much, No one else here will touch them, so we don't buy them. Yay on the great WI!

Mindee- I wondered the same thing - why won't he come in? I mean, he can't really do his job if he doesn't, now can he? I hope it gets fixed soon - it's cold out there! Glad Tommy got his unemployment, what a relief.

Sassy - both houses look great - and a big improvement over an apartment, that's for sure! Glad your back is feeling better.

Sue and Tammy - hope you both are feeling better today.

Jules - keeping your mom in my prayers...let's hope it's nothing to worry about.

Nothing much new with me. still cramping. still bleeding...ugh sounds so delightful..I see the doc tomorrow - yay!

Bachelor tonight - yay!

FrouFrou
01-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Back again for a few minutes...

Susan...for breakfast I fixed some bacon and scrambled eggs for Cambrie, I had oatmeal and 2 slices of bacon...glad there wasn't anymore because I can't ever get enough of that stuff. For lunch she had one of those dreadful frozen kid dinners...I will not give those to her anymore...too bad for her, as in not good for her. All your talk about beans I had to fix some white beans with ham today...just sounded so yummy. I've been meaning to fix them for a few days and finally did. Making some cornbread later to go with them and not sure if I will have any meat since there is ham in the beans...we'll see. Good job on WI :yay: :bravo:

Katy...:bravo: to you as well on your WI. Sorry about the cramping and bleeding but glad you are headed to the doc tomorrow! :hug: Not expecting any good news from the vet...just confirmation and to see how bad it is.

Mindee...I'm with the others and wondering why the guy won't come in, ummm, yeah, how is he supposed to fix anything? Glad Tommy will get unemply.

Francie...thank you again. Hoping all is well with you and Fonzo, oh and your BIL...almost forgot about him.

Hi again to everyone else :wave:

Got Cambrie off to preschool after an incident, lol. She dumped her milk in her lap! Of course I tried to get them cleaned in the sink, I did actually but they didn't dry in time. She went off in a pair of pants I had for her while she is here but her momma won't be pleased, lol...they didn't match her outfit-oh well! Anyway...better get going almost time for Jeopardy.

Hoping everyone is having a GREAT day! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Katy - I am sorry about the cramping and all around icky feelings.:hug::hug:

Yay to the 173 though! I never have tried roasted beets. I am a pickeled girl at heart I guess.

I like the red kidney beans too. I had the salmon today on the salad and it tasted a little salty to me, I usually just season w/ pepper. It was good though and feels or felt me up. I might have to drag Gab into the store today and get another cucumber and some more tenderloin chicken for tomorrows salad.

I also been drinking a lot of decaf tea during the day. Last night I had the munchies so I grabbed a candy cane and chomped on that.

And today I tried the spring blend of greens and really didn't like it. I know. What a whiner today.

And since I am on a roll I went to a 7:45 meeting w/ the school speech lady and she cut Gaby's time from 90 min a month to 75 minutes a month. I asked questions on why and she seemed a little uncomfortable , maybe she just doesn't have the time???? I was going to add that at her old school the speech lady offered 15 minutes to Gab before school started.

blah - blah....anyway we compromised on exercises we can do at home and I am looking into what her medical would cover because she did start at Kaiser.

anyway , better go get Gab from school. She starts her swimming tonight and I hope she is fast asleep when the Bachelor starts tonight. I made it through the Golden Globes last night.

*sigh...........anywho....chat later.

Mom2Gaby
01-12-2009, 06:00 PM
oops, you snuck in Cristina....

Bacon is evil, stay away from it! I thought you meant oatmeal at first that you couldn't get enough of...actually cold oatmeal is yummy and when I make it I have to only make a small portion because I will eat the whole thing.

Poor Cambrie, good thing you had some extra pants , I bet she looked great. I saw a little 2 year old this morning at school in the layer looked with a meshmash of colors and patterns. I think that is the in fashion! lol

now I really need to get to Gaby!

talk later. :wave:

Shopaholic1204
01-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh I feel good!!!!!!!! I just got back from the gym!!!! I did 10 mins on the bike, 5 mins on the treadmill, and 5 mins on the elliptical. Then Fonzo & I raced each other on the sidewalk in front of our building. He beat me the first time. But the 2nd time, he got all cocky and was showing off, so I ended up winning, lol. I feel really energized right now too. I also feel really icky..so I'm gonna go shower right now, lol.

Sassy_Chick
01-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi All :wave:

Thanks. We're only probably gonna go look at the one house. (the 1st one) but figured I'd share them both anyhow. lol.

Well back to work for me, my back, so far is not hurting, so lets hope it stays that way!

We're supposed to get snow either tonight or tomorrow or both. We'll see. So far this year we've only received 5 inches total so far here. Whooppee. :trampo:

Big :hug: to all that need them right now!

Toodles!

:wave:

suetalks
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Sassy- I really like the house you are going to see. Looks like it would be roomy, and a nice backyard for cook-outs with friends. If you like it inside I hope you are able to get it. :)

Francie- Keep up the good work. I know exercise does make you feel better. I just get off the mark so often...ugh. Neat that you and Fonzo can do it together.

Susan- I also like red beans on salad. Actually, I am looking forward to my favorite salad fixings on the buffet in Vegas. Big salad keeps me away from the bread and fried foods. I never did tell you what my breakfast was...it was a veggie omelet and 2 small pancakes. Also had potatoes, but after one bite I gave those to DH. That is the meal I cut in half and had for 2 days. The omelet was HUGE.

Katy- Yay..you are doing great. Good luck at the Dr. tomorrow. Can you tell me what percentage of your daily meals should be carbs?

Cristina- Lucky that you had extra pants for Cambrie. Cute though. Yum...bacon, I could eat a plateful. (is that food porn??) :)

Jules- Love cottage cheese, not so much the beets. Well, um, actually, NOT at all the beets. Mom likes them so I buy them...that's as far as I go. LOL

Tammy- Wow..from one wedding, into another wedding and head first into grandparenthood. You go girl! "Grands" are one of life's greatest treasures. I know you will enjoy every minute!!

Alright ladies. I am all packed except my bathroom goodies which I will pack in the a.m. Ready for a good night's sleep, so I can stay up till all hours in Vegas. We are supposed to get snow in the morning and I am going to be sooo mad if the roads get bad. We have an hours drive to the airport.

My back is a lot better, but not 100%. It will be ok though. I will post here late Sat. night or Sunday. Depending on how tired I am when we get back Sat. Be good while I am gone and play nice on the playground!!

FrouFrou
01-13-2009, 12:37 AM
STOP!!! Head on over to BIK#69...see ya there :wave: