Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2001, 10:50 PM   #1  

I've never posted on this site but I've read many of the messages and it looks like a great place to find supportive people. So here I am!
I've gained 20lbs scince this summer and need to haul my rear into the gym again. I'm looking for someone to check in with and share our success as we tone up and trim down. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. I'm currently at 160 and I know I can do this. I need help in the motivation department though. I live in a very cold place and sometimes it's hard to drag myself out of the house with the kids and hit the gym. I work and go to school so I'm busy busy. I really need someone to help keep me motivated and on track and to check in with on a regular basis.My goals are to work out with weights(split days) and do cardio work at least 4 days a week.I have quite a bit of fat to shed so I know I need to really keep it going with the cardio. I'd love any home work out tips/tricks/timesavers as well.
Old 01-03-2001, 07:29 AM   #2  

Hey Ginlinn -- I am there with you!!

I am about the same weight as you and want to lose about 30lbs also. SO.. we should be able to motivate each other.

I use my treadmill everyday and have a total gym that I have been slacking off on using since right before Christmas. I am going to start back on it tonight.

I really want to start running again, so I will definately need support.

I work full time and am going to school. I have no children, but my husband is as messy as 3 children, and about as helpful as 3 children.

Please tell me your goals, and we can decide on how often that we HAVE to post our accomplishments, weight, and etc..

If you want we can exchange e-mail addresses to stay on each other. In case one of us tries to go AWOL

I want to lose 30lbs, use my treadmill 7 days a week and go a minimum of 1.25 miles a day and use my total gym AT least 3 days a week. Any other exercise is a personal reward for me. Eating must improve, I want to work on eating healthier and eat more true sized portions rather than the huge American size portions that have ruined my figure. I want to work on reducing my intake of candy and chocolate, and soda.

I will start off drinking 3 - 8oz glasses of water a day and increase this amount monthly.

Well I can't think of anything else.

Please write back!!

Jenni

[This message has been edited by jenny 1 (edited 01-02-2001).]
Old 01-03-2001, 11:43 PM   #3  

Hi Jenni glad you could join me. I'm kind of shaky on some of my goals but for the most part I want to do cardio 4 days a week for the next month or 2 and then boost it up to 5-6 for the next month and work it up gradually so I don't give up, burn out or injure myself. As for my weight training, I enjoy doing a split routine upperbody one day lower the next abs every day as a warm up and 2days on 1 day off. I think it would be cool to check in twice a week or anytime we feel the need for support. I have a tendency to slack if I don't check in with someone regularly. I belong to a gym and so does one of my friends so we just commited to one day a week together at a spinning class or something like that. If twice a week is too much then just once or when ever we need it. I'm really psyched abou the new year. My diet could use alot of cleaning up too so I went yesterday and bought a month supply of Myoplex to get going on Body For Life again I also bought some protien bars so that when I'm at work I can eat a somewhat healthy meal real quick.
Good Luck.
Old 01-04-2001, 08:06 AM   #4  

I wish their was a spinning class nearby me. Well there are but they take place when I am working.

A work out buddy will be great, you can force each other to go to the gym.

I drink Myoplex too. I love all of them. My lunch today was a Chocolate cream shake made with ice and water.

I keep hearing about Body for Life I think I will check it out more this weekend. I heard it is a lot like the Larry North GNA plan, which I have.

Well I will check back later. Sounds Like we are doing a lot of the same things.

Jenni
Old 01-04-2001, 11:31 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Hi genlinn and jenni,

Could you use another buddy. I'm in about the same range as goal as you guys. I started at about 170 and I'm now 160. I post regularly at a mini-goal holiday based thread over on the support thread. The support over there has really helped get my eating in check. But I could use more help with motivation to exercise. Exercise is my weakness.

I'm single, no children but with a sedentary job (designer, aspiring writer) I spend too much time sitting and not enough moving. Jenni, I have a total gym also and want to get back into using it regularly. I also want to get back into walking/jogging intervals. But since it's so cold out I've been relying on exercise tapes.

So what do you think? Need another buddy. I need help.

------------------
Mony
169/161/135
valentines day goal - 154

Progress not Perfection
Old 01-05-2001, 12:23 AM   #6  

Welcome Mony,
The more the merrier. I skipped my workout Tues-Wed, but today I'm doing a video for cardio and my arm routine here at home. I was doing well diet wise until I came home from work and my mom had been over with a pie so I had pie for dinner, and thats all. I need to remind her that I'm back on plan and tell her not to bring that stuff over because I have zero will power when it comes to creamy sweets of any type.
Goal for the day: Drink water 8 glasses, Cardio video ,arm routine with weights.

OK I did it!! My arms feel like jello and I'm about to burst with energy, feels good!!!
I know I can stick to the food plan today too. I think I'll start logging my food again too.

[This message has been edited by genlinn (edited 01-04-2001).]
Old 01-05-2001, 04:22 AM   #7  

Hi Mony and GinLinn!

I was so tired this morning and slept late and didn't get on my treadmill, so that means I have to do double tomorrow.

My water intake is going great so far. Because I am not trying to gag down 8-10 8oz glasses everyday, I am actually drinking water. I will increase the amount in February.

Mony - I have not been using my total gym since before christmas so I HAVE to get it started this week.

I had to basically force myself on the treadmill a couple weeks ago when I started back on it, and even now I have those days that I just don't want to do it. But I have to just force myself and I always feel great when I am done.

I like your Valentine's day goal. I will have to weigh myself to see where I am at, and I will probably set one with you, I might shoot for 5lbs.

Well I guess we all need to get off our butts and get moving

I will talk to you both later!

Jenni
Old 01-06-2001, 05:48 AM   #8  

I am so H2O bloated! If I got stuck in the skin by a pin water would squirt out.

I missed my treadmill yesterday and made it up today. I ran 2.25 miles and walked .25 miles. I was pretty pleased with myself.

I have had all liquids today except for about 8 saltines I had in my soup.

I am pretty happy with myself right now. I just need to drink the water this weekend, that is where I tend to mess up with the water intake.

My weekend goal: Drink my water, treadmill, Use the total gym, and sit ups.

See you Monday!

Jenni

Old 01-08-2001, 01:46 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Hi guys,

I've been doing pretty good for the last few days. Each day getting in at least 30 minutes of exercise. I'd like to work up to an hour bu the end of the month.

The plan for today is 20min stepping in morning and 45 minutes of a new FIRM bodyscupting video later tonight. I report back to let you know how it went.

jenni - I think setting mini-goals is a great way to motivate myself. It actually looks like I'm going to meet my New Years Goal of 159 only a week late. Better late than never. If you are interested I also post regularly at "Valentiny" over on the Support thread. We set new mini-goals for each new holiday and help keep ourselves accountable for diet and exercise. We'd love to have you both.

------------------
Mony
169/161/135

Progress not Perfection
Old 01-08-2001, 12:22 PM   #10  

Hey guts I've been out of the loop for a couple of days and just thought I'd check in. I've been working alot and have really only been able to do little things here and there but my eating has been way better than I'd expected and although I haven't weighed myself (I do it every two weeks and Tuesday is the next time)I feel my like my clothes are getting looser.YAY!! I begin school again this week so and I've been out for years so I 'm sure I'll be alittle strapped for time.
Goal for the week: Keep on track with the diet and get in 3 days of cardio and at least 2 days of weights...
Good luck everyone...
Old 01-08-2001, 08:50 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Hi guys,

I weighed in today and I eeked out a 1lb loss. Didn't quite make my New Year's goal yet because I had a horrible eating day yesterday.

Anyway here's the plan for this week. It's kinda ambition so I'll just try my best.

Mon - p.m. cardio tape & total gym
Tues - a.m. cardio tape p.m. bodyshaping tape
Wed - a.m. walk p.m. bodyshaping tape
Thur - a.m cardio tape p.m. bodyshaping tape
Fri - a.m cardio tape p.m. total gym
Sat - a.m. walking
Sun - a.m. walking

Let's see how well I can manage to stay on schedule.

------------------
Mony
169/160/135

Progress not Perfection
Old 01-10-2001, 03:26 AM   #12  

HEy girls!

I have not done my treadmill today or yesterday, because my electric bill came, and I will be doing my treadmill at work on Sat and Sun (they have a fitness room) 5 miles each day. I don't mean to sound cheap but if my electric bill gets any higher I will be using one of my entire paychecks every month just to play my electricity (and I am paid bi-weekly). It is very sad.

I have been doing my workout tapes though. I am very much so on the straight and narrow right now.

I weighed myself yesterday and was very devastated it has me 12lbs heavier at 172. I am freaking out and am watching my eating now, but at the same time I am not convinced. I have worn the same size now for over 2 years in the 2 years I have gained 10lbs already, I have a hard time believing that I could gain 12lbs more and still be able to fit in the same size. There is no way you could gain a total of 22lbs and still wear the same size, and my clothes fit me the same as they did a month ago and a year ago. I have a pair of pants that fit me but are too tight to wear I tried them on this morning and they are still too tight but they are getting looser and not as tight as they were 1 month ago. So I don't know how to explain this gain.

Maybe where I have been drinking water and working out/gaining muscle is where this is coming from. Maybe my scale is wrong?? I go to the doctor tomorrow so I guess his scale will tell me.

Whether it is muscle, water weight, or just a gain this has set me in a very directed path.

Oh well,

Hope you guys are doing better than me.

I still plan to hit the 150's by Feb 14,

Jenni

[This message has been edited by jenny 1 (edited 01-09-2001).]
Old 01-10-2001, 10:57 PM   #13  

Hey girls!

My weight issue, when I got home last night I weighed 175. This morning I am at 170. So I think it is a fluke. I am going to keep an eye on it closely until it is back at 160. I have IBS so that sometimes causes my weight to roller coaster, this was just a very big leap. whewww!!

I am starting a journal as of today of what I eat, drink and my exercise and my daily weight. My doctor suggested this today. He said it might help me keep a better watch on my eating, water intake, exercise, and weight. Plus I will be able to see trends if there are any.

Well I didn't exercise this morning because of going to the doctor, so will do it tonight after work.

Talk to you later!

Jenni
Old 01-11-2001, 02:35 AM   #14  

I haven't exercised in a few days now. I've been working so much and being back in school is so time consuming.I thiunk I'm going to have to start getting up earlier and getting to the gym. I was supposed to weigh mmyself yesterday and did not get a chance to do that either. Auuugh!!!
Old 01-13-2001, 03:16 AM   #15  

I haven't worked out all week except situps.

Tomorrow I will come into work and use their treadmill.

My water intake has doubled, which is great. I just have a hard time with the water on the weekend.

My eating is going great, or should I say my not eating.

Check in and let me know how you are doing!

Jenni
Closed Thread