WW Clubs and Groups - Health Focused Friends - Jan. & Feb., 2009

Jane
01-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello!

Here's a group for any Weight Watcher members (or anyone thinking about joining) to check in, get support and encouragement while trying to become healthier, not just thinner. We want to focus on eating a wholesome diet, exercising more, having a positive outlook on life, and losing weight along the way. This is what Weight Watchers promotes anyway, but sometimes it's hard to stay focused. Together, we'll make it! :yes:

Jane
01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Happy New Year! :cheers:

We had fun with the kids last night, and they actually stayed up past midnight and went to the front porch with old pans and wooded spoons to "ring" in the new year. Good thing we have no close neighbors, haha.

January 1, 2009 gives each of us a new slate, a new beginning, and new hope of reaching our goals. Hopefully, as a group, we'll be able to reach those goals. Or at least get closer than we did in 2008. ;)

I'm glad I have you ladies here. :hug:

luckycharm
01-01-2009, 01:23 PM
:cheers: Happy New Year to Everyone. (By the way, there is water in those glasses today)

We made it past midnight last night. The SIL had bought some fireworks, so we lit them off. Had a good night with just us and my parents. Watched a movie, and just visited.

What a great year this will be to focus on becoming healthy. I am going through the WW cookbook, and planning our meals for the next couple weeks. Making up a grocery list and sticking to it when I go shopping.

Well I'm off might as well start right now.

:hug: to you all

pattygirl63
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
:cheers::newyear:HHFriends,

Kathy - Yes, with water :dizzy: Hey I missed it somewhere who the picture, but what a beautiful baby. Let us know how you like the cookbook. I have so many cookbooks that I think DH would not go for me buying another one.

Jane - Sounds like you had a fun time with the girls making memories they will cherish. We played computer games until almost midnight and then watched the ball fall on Fox. Then we watched a moving and then I went to bed. I heard some fireworks going off somewhere, but didn't sound close. It was pretty uneventful around here.

I got up and weighed this morning to see how I did over the holidays and am happy to say that I lost the .5 lb I had gained during the Christmas eating. So I came into the New Year with my 3.5 lb loss for December. I am staying OP Momentum which seems to be working for me. I read about Setpoints on another WW thread and looked it up on WW website. There are pts in the new books with some numbers beside it that are in parenthesis which I figure are the Setpoints. I think I would rather estimate my portions and count the regular pts. So I don't think I'll be using them. Jane, as Moderator do you get the leader's information? I'm just wondering if I am understanding Setpoints correctly. Any way, I don't want to use that many pts at one meal if I'm right.

:coffee: Here's to us all being OP and losing some of our weight and losing it in a very healthy way so that we will become healthier this year. :yes:

luckycharm
01-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Trish :bravo: and WTG for being OP for December and showing a loss. You are a good example for us.
TY for the comment on the picture. That is my DGD. She was 1 at the end of October. They do grow so quickly.

Well I am off to watch Toy Story with Cole. 1 of my favorites.

Jane
01-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Hello,

Trish - no, I don't get any info or anything from WW for being a moderator. A big YAY to you for showing a nice loss in December. :cp:

Kathy - I was looking at some old papers, and saw that your birthday was Christmas Day. Is that right?? If so, a very happy (belated) birthday to you! I'm so sorry that I missed it. I also noticed your avatar this morning. Is that a new one? How precious she is! I just want to squeeze her, lol. Toy Story is Makenzie's favorite, and she has several Woody dolls. When we went to WDW last year, we missed the Toy Story Mania grand opening by about 2 weeks.

Ruthie, Sue, Barb, Jen, and others, a big Happy New Year hug to you. :grouphug:

This seems like Monday to me. :dizzy:

I slept in today, and always feel worse when I do that. Other than a trip to town, I don't have much planned. What's on your agenda for the day?

luckycharm
01-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Jane- Thankyou Yes, I turned 40 on Christmas Day. No more birthdays for me. Next year I think that someone else should do some of the cooking. Yes, the avatar is new too. I got my DD to put it up for me. The big smile on Punkins face makes me smile too. Its funny, Cole has a Woody doll, and Cody passed on his Buzz Lightyear that he got when he was 6 to his younger brother. Funny how those movies are just as good 11 years later. My MIL is trying to get us a vacation at Disney Land in March. I hear that it is much smaller than WDW, but that is ok. The kids will still have alot of fun. Cole just calls it Mickey Land. His favorite ride at WDW when he was 3 was the golf carts that take you from the parking lot to the gate. :rofl: Didn't even need to go into the park to make him happy. Did you take the DGK with you to WDW? How long did your daughter work there for? What is she doing now?

Hello to everyone. Hope everyone has a great Friday.

pattygirl63
01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Hello Ladies,

Jane Not much going on here today. I need to go to the store, but it's dreary rainy day here today so am putting off until tomorrow. Plan to go get some fruit and salad stuff. Actually doing Momentum but trying to do more SF foods. I decided this morning to use the Food tracker on WW website to plan my meals for the day and print it out to help me stay OP, within pts and eating more of the SF foods and less junk/processed foods. Joined a community group that sets their goal to lose 5# each month. I'm in to try to lose 5lbs this month. They are all in their 60+ group. I'll let y'all know how that works for me.

Kathy -HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. DH birthday is Christmas eve, 1 DGD on the 27th, 1 DGD on 28th and a son on 30th. I always feel like they get cheated with their birthday so close to Christmas. We seem to always have to save one present from Christmas for their birthday.

Ruthie, Sue, Barb, Jen, and everybody else:wave:

Got to run hubby is getting hungry. Took ham bone and made a big pot of green beans and making that our main meal today.

Y'all have a great day.

luckycharm
01-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Thank you Trish for the birthday wishes. My Grandmother's birthday was Dec. 28, and she always got cheated out of a birthday, so she never let anyone do that to me. The afternoon of the 25th was always for me, and she always made sure everyone got me 2 presents. Because of her my Bday was always special. Added bonus, no one ever forgot. Plus, no matter where I work, I have always had the day off with pay. :lol: Nice that your Christmas season gets extended with the birthdays.
Good luck with the 5 lb a month challenge. That should be no problem for you, as you sure seem to have the healthy eating down. We will be here to cheer you on.
Well I must run, it is our DS girlfriends birthday today, and her parents invited us out for supper with them. Don't know what to get her for a gift. Better go to town early.
Enjoy your day everyone.

pattygirl63
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Kathy

What a neat idea and smart one your Grandmother had. Also good thought about always having your day off with pay.:) In TX Jan 19 was always a paid day off because of Robert E. Lee's Bday. That was my Mother's birthday and I always asked to have it off since it didn't mean much to anyone else so I could go visit my Mama. I would teased her that because it was a paid holiday they let me have the day off with pay to be with her. :)

pattygirl63
01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Hello HFFriends,

A busy weekend so just popping in to say Hello and y'all have a great weekend!!!

Jane
01-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Just a fly-by to say hello! :wave:

pattygirl63
01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
:wave:Hi Ladies,

I wrote early and got bumped off line. I really don't understand what is going on with that as it happens a lot lately.

I'm up 2.5 lbs today :tantrum: so re-evaluating what I'm doing. I think I need to change some things in my program. Still doing Momentum, but trying to remember a lot of things I was doing when I lost down to 174 lbs. about 5 years ago. I was doing WW flex then, but eating a whole lost (mostly) of what WW now calls Simply Filling foods. I had married Tony and moved to south FL and was amazed at how much fruit we could buy. I ate loads of fruits and veggies back then. Even used my juicer, but really don't want to get back into that. Too much work. I've been looking at a lot of sample foods in WWM. I love stirfry foods especially frozen because it makes cooking so much easier and healthy as well. So today, I took left over chicken from a store bought roasted chicken mixed it in with some of my frozen stirfy veggies and used chili sauce and lots of different spices and it was delicious. I'm going to try to give up salt and use more spices and use olive oil in place of butter/margarine. I'm back to having lemon in my water and drinking green tea. Eating more veggies and fruit using the spices and olive oil should help a long way. From what I've been reading these things even the spicy hot sauce is supposed to help keep me from being hungry. So we will see how it works. :yes: I am determined that I am not going to keep playing with these same lbs bouncing back and forth with them and I am not going to be at or around this same weight a year from now. I am determind that I am going to find out what I have to do to weight 174 lbs again and then keep going down towards my goal. Hope everyone has a good evening.

pattygirl63
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
:wave:Good Morning HFFriends,

WHERE ARE YOU?:coffee2: Come out, come out wherever you are.:)

Are you just too busy or are you hiding because you're :stress: struggling like I am. Remember, we may be :stress: but we are all in this together :grouphug:. It makes it easier to deal with if we do it together.

Well, all those days of no :rain: is over as we will have almost a whole week of the stuff. Only have 2 :sunny: days for this week.

HANG in there and have a nice day.

suetalks
01-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Trish- You are right, I am hiding. No good news to report...except that I am BACK to being OP foodwise after a gain. I have also started doing the WATP walks again. DD got me the waistline walk with the stretchy bands. Boy, do those bands add extra to the workout. I can see that it would get easier if I could stick to it. Every time I gain momentum there is something to halt it. La
Last time I got sick, now this time we will be going to LV next week for 4 nights. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for some outside walks to keep me motivated.
I am sure you will figure your food out and get back on the program of your choice.

Happy Tuesday to all the gals here.

pattygirl63
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi Sue, so good to hear from you. I thought everyone had abandoned our little group. Boy I do understand about the exercise. I used to do the video WATP 1 mile and loved it. Even like the 2 mile one but it was just too long for me at one time. Then when I was going to the chiropractor for my back, he wouldn't let me exercise. They gave me some exercises when I quit going, but I forget to do them. The last few times I tried the WATP, it caused my hip joints to hurt. I used to could walk the pain out, but last time I tried it seemed to make the pain worse so don't do it any more. Wish I had a treadmill, don't have the money or the place to put it. So I for now I'm making housework my exercise. According to the WW website, mopping, vaccuming, cleaning and doing laundry counts for exercise. So I get some movement done and my house gets clean at the same time. Maybe I can keep it clean instead of having to work so hard for days to get it ready whenever company comes.:dizzy:

Hope the weather will be good to you in LV and you enjoy it. Are you the one who is wanting to move there? Always wanted to visit there but haven't made it yet. Still lots of places I want to see now that I live on the east side of the USA.

Have a good day.

Jane
01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm not hiding. :) I'm just so darn tired from doing too much. I spent most of the day in town, shopping, but got some good buys. One thing I bought was an electric blanket with dual controls. I've never had one, and can't wait to try it out. Also, I took Molly to the vet today, and she has to have surgery on her ear next Wednesday for a fungal growth. It's so gross!

I'm doing so-so with food. The things I've overeaten are healthy foods, but still, calories are calories.

Gotta get - Neal has challenged me to a game of Yahzee. Have a good one!

Jane
01-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi all,

Trish - I think housework can give a person a pretty good workout, if we use a little oomph with it. Do you ever play music when you clean? I made a CD of fast oldies to get me going. Used to be "Born to be Wild" but now I'm "Bored, Tubby, Mild" hahaha.

Sue - I have the Walk Away Your Waist and you're right, you can really feel it. When are you leaving for LV?

Barb, Kathy, Jen, Ruthie - whoo hoo, where are you?

Seems like I ran errands all day. I met with my buddy Dixie at church, and we got some preparations for Sunday taken care of. It's "Birthday Sunday" which will include cakes for every month of the year. :yikes: So my plan is to take the yummy WW Dreamsicle Cake, which has only 3 points per (generous) serving.

I've invited a different friend from church to join us here, so Val, if you're reading this, just sign up and jump in. The ladies here are very friendly, supportive, and encouraging.

Toodles,

suetalks
01-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi...Jane, We go to Vegas Tues. through Sat. Yes, I am feeling the WATP, even though I at first thought it was easy...lol.

Trish- We live in Indiana, but had a winter home in Vegas for a few years. We are sorry we sold it after spending last winter and this year here. Ugh. We were trying to buy a condo there in Oct. but the deal fell through, then the economy tanked and we are going to wait before making a purchase. DH is re-tired from GM, so we have been nervous about our pension and health insurance. Sooo, we are just going to visit Las Vegas a few times this winter for now. I know what you mean about hips hurting with the WATP. Mine did also the first few times and I had to be careful when doing the side step to not go out too far, and to NOT go down low like she suggested. That seemed to put more pressure on my hips and knees. I am doing better now after several times and can keep up pretty well. I still do not go down low however...too much on my knees.

I have done 4 days in a row of the WATP and eating is good. Of course, the scales move slowly for me, but I am feeling good.

luckycharm
01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Hello everyone.

I am trying to be here, but I don't know what is going on. It kicks me off, won't let me open pages....Grrr very frustrating. I will see if this will actually post, I am typing fast before it can kick me off.

Sue - Way to Go on doing your walk away the pounds. When I walk on the treadmill, just to do 3 miles in 45 min. I have to walk at 4mph. Right now I am trying to do the Couch to 5k program so I walk 90 seconds jog 60 seconds for 45 minutes. That still puts my 3 miles at 41:30. So you know you are getting a good workout from Leslie. Can I fit into your suitcase and go with you? I promise to be good and I won't be a pest. :lol:

Jane - Who won the Yahtze game? Mmm the cake sounds good. You will have to send me the recipe. I don't think that recipe is in the cookbook. Is this your days off from babysitting? Our little punkin is just starting to walk. She is fasinated by the puppies that are here.

Trish -Now there is a concept. I should also do housework for exercise so that I wouldn't have to worry so much when we have company. I do get a good workout scrubbing the shower. I am going to try and do some pilates and see what that is like.

Hello to everyone else.

Anyone have any great plans for tomorrow? I got nothing going on. I should plan out our meals for the next few weeks and go into town and get some groceries. We shall see.

Chat later

suetalks
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Kathy- You are right, scrubbing the shower IS a work out. Probably my most hated job too. I will iron all day for someone if they will clean my shower. And we use the shower spray after every use too, but our water is so bad here. Even with a softener it leaves iron on my white shower. Have to clean it real often, which means practically standing on my head...lol. I used to joke about needing a rust colored shower. Then when we were in Vegas our shower was yellow, which I at first thought "oh goody." Found out the water there is treated and it didn't leave rust at all...it left a white powdery substance that was as hard to get rid of though. Can't win. I have learned to be careful what you wish for. :)

Ohhh, that Dreamsicle cake is very good...no one knows it is WW friendly when they are eating it, that's for sure.

Jane and Trish, Hi to you and enjoy your day!

Nothing going on at our house. It is still spitting snow and just downright cold. I am off to do my WATP and get motivated.

Jane
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Here's the recipe:

Dreamsicle Cake -3 points

-for cake-
1 Duncan Heinz Classic White cake mix
2 egg whites
1 can diet orange soda (Slice, Sunkist, etc.)

-for filling-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 cup hot water
1 cup cold water

-for frosting-
1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
1 sm. pkg. INSTANT fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding
1 cup 2% milk
1 tsp. vanilla
8 oz. tub Cool Whip Free topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray shiny 9x13 cake pan with Pam. Mix dry cake mix with orange soda and egg whites. Blend 30 seconds until moistened and then 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into pan and bake 33-35 minutes, or until done in center.

Mix 1 pkg. orange jello powder with hot water until dissolved. Add cold water and stir. Poke holes in cake with fork that the tines have been sprayed with Pam. Pour orange mixture evenly over cake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

For frosting, mix together the second dry orange jello mix and the dry vanilla pudding mix. Then add milk and vanilla, blend well with mixer until smooth. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread on COLD cake. Keep refrigerated.

Your family will not know this is a points-friendly recipe!

* This is also very good using lemon Crystal Light and lemon jello.

Nutritional Info: 1 serving = 1/15 of cake
Calories - 140
Fat - 2.8 gr.
Calories from fat - 25
Fiber - 0
Carbohydrates - 27.2
Protein - 1.6 gr.
WW points - 3

Jane
01-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Sue - our water out here is so very rusty, and we buy the rust remover salt for our water softener, and it sure helps a lot. Have you tried that? At Walmart, it's the stuff in the green bag.

Kathy - Neal beat me! Seems like we take turns getting on a roll and beating each other, haha. Yes, tomorrow is my last day off from babysitting. I miss the little stinkers so much if I don't see them every day. Good thing they live close by! Aww, your DGD is at a cute age. They explore everything and learn so fast!

Trish - where are you, friend?

I have to finish some laundry and defeat Mt. Washmore! In between loads, I'm cleaning off the desk, and cleaning out our small filing cabinets. We bit the bullet and bought a nice 4-drawer one from Office Max. Now I need to get everything transferred, and the 2008 stuff moved out. Reminds me, I have to call the tax guy for an appointment. Oh joy.

I'm doing great with the food, and hope you are, too. :hug:

luckycharm
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

Had a real lazy day today. Just thought I would pop in and say hello. I have to go and make some supper. Thanks for the recipe Jane. I am going to copy it and try and make that cake this weekend. We have some new neighbors that just moved in down the road. (Nothing like the nearest neighbor being 1/2 mile away.

Chat with you all later.

pattygirl63
01-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Hi Ladies,

Kathy -I've been having the same problem of getting knocked off of the internet a lot lately. I either can't get on or I'm typing and get bumped off. I'm not sure what is going on.

Any way, I'm still here. Some days eating is better than others. I think I have "rebel" days. Hopefully, those won't be many though. I am in the process of trying to start eating more Simply Filling foods that are healthy and that my body will tolerate. I'm learning that just because they are healthy foods or just because they are allowed doesn't mean I can eat them.

Went to the dentist today. I thought something was wrong because there was a gap between one part of my bridge and the gum, but I was thrilled to learn that this is normal. And when I get my permanent bridge all that will be filled in. So I am healing fine. Came home and am really tired all day. Just can't get my life turned around so I can get up early any more. So I was really not wanting to get up this morning.

DD on the phone so I have to close and I'll catch y'all again.

Jane
01-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi all,

Kathy - my DD Mary lives 100 feet away, but our next neighbor is a 1/2 mile, too. You are a good neighbor, to make a welcome cake for your new ones.

Trish - you sound down, and I hope by the time you read this you're in better spirits. :hug: I think we all have days where we wonder if we'll ever make it. Then we come here and get encouragement from each other, and it seems more doable.

I got a lot done today and am headed to the shower, then bed. I have grocery shopping to do tomorrow, but not much else planned. I want to just kick back with my book. I'm reading Change of Heart by Lisa Picoult, and am at the end of it. I just love her books - have any of you read her stuff?

Another OP day for me.

Toodles,

pattygirl63
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello Ladies,

Another quick one to say hello.

Jane -No I wasn't low. I was actually trying to listen to DD on the telephone and write at the same time. Crazy:dizzy: I know. There many things I can do more at once, but trying to listen/talk on the phone and write at the same thing?:p Yikes So I closed off quickly.

Eating is pretty good today. Hope everyone is fine. Catch y'all later.

jenosaurus
01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi all,
I know you all missed me :)
Happy belated christmas and new year to you all!!!
I have been as usual working like crazy, and been dreadfully sick.
But getting over it now!
Managed to manitain the 30 pounds over Christmas, (considering I ate and drank everything that didn move was good going)
Well anyway I gotta dash
Hopefully Ill talk to you all soon
Jen x

pattygirl63
01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Hello Ladies,

Well not much going on here. I went to WW online and switch to Simply Filling tracker. I have decided to eat only Simply Filling foods and try not to use any if any WPA and not any AP. I just can't understand how I could do so well during the holidays and screw up when they are over. Got important info from a lady on another WW thread on motivation and it put me to thinking. Doing some self evaluation deciding what I want and is it worth all that I have to do to lose the weight. I don't like tracking every bite. If I do the Simply Filling then I don't have to and when I've eaten the basics that we have to do... I'm through for the day. No pts left over that I need to eat.

Jane, Ruth, Jen, Sue, Kathy and others I missed:wave:

Y'all have a great weekend!!!

Jane
01-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi all, :wave:

Jen - good to see you and I'm glad you're feeling better. A big YAY to you for maintaining over the holidays. You and Trish have that in common. I hope work settles down a bit and you're able to check in more often here.

Trish - the Filling Foods list has a lot of choices, that's for sure. Good luck with it.

Kathy - how's it going?

This weekend has been a busy one. The special Birthday Sunday was at church today, and I'm happy to say I took the Dreamsicle Cake and had only a piece of that. That's saying a lot, because you should have seen all the delicious-looking cakes the women of the church brought. A small NSV, but a victory, anyway.

I am thinking about starting my Spring cleaning now to get it over with. Might as well put these gloomy days to some good use, right? I noticed my heat register vents have a life of their own going on, haha.

Hopefully, your weekend has been fun. See ya later. :hug:

luckycharm
01-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone

Just a quick pop in. We all have some stomache virus here, so no fun here. I will be back when I am better.

:grouphug:

Jane
01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Kathy - I hope you all feel better soon. :hug:

A big hello to the others. :wave:

jenosaurus
01-14-2009, 01:29 PM
hi all.
so this is what it feels like to have a day off :) Haven't had one of these in a while ha ha :) Not a badcomplaint I suppose, but it means I end up just snacking on popcorn :) not good when it is fried in oil and covered in butter and salt??? Oh well, Ill get there eventually, Weigh in tomorro morning and I am NOT looking forward to that 1 little bit!!! but well see how it goes I suppose!
Ive been very boring these daysa and have no news whatsoever lol!! :)
Hope everyone is keeping well!!
Luv,
Jen x

pattygirl63
01-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Ladies,

Just checking in really quick to let you know I'm still around, just really busy last few days. My eating has been good, mostly SF foods/whole foods. Trying to eat more healthy.

Kathy -Hope y'all get over the virus soon.

Jane - Did the snow get down to you?

Jen - It's good to hear from you. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

Everyone els -:wave:

Have great evening and stay warm.

Jane
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Jen, I'm glad you're enjoying your day off. Maybe your weigh in won't be as bad as you think. Regardless, ya just have to jump back on the wagon and think of bathing suit season which will be here before we know it.

Hello to all others. :wave:

My old doctors' scale was acting wonky, so I bought a new Health-o-Meter digital lithium one, with a glass face. It weighed me 2 pounds heavier than the other one, but I know it's probably spot-on.

Some of you may remember that when I lost weight before, I rewarded myself for each 10 pounds with a charm for my charm bracelet. Ever since I regained, I haven't worn the bracelet - didn't seem right. So now I am planning to earn it all over again. The charms I have to earn are:

a cross - to remember my higher power is guiding me each step of the way
a heart - to remember to love myself, no matter how flawed
a turtle - to remember perseverance - "slow but sure wins the race"
an owl - for wisdom to make the right food and exercise choices
a lion - for courage to stay on course when I want to give up
a lock and key - for the key to success of losing 50 pounds.

I've started with the cross already on the bracelet, so that one doesn't count toward pounds lost. The turtle one I just ordered from Penney's sale catalog. It has a tiger eye center and is so beautiful!

Molly had surgery on her ear today, and she's safely home. I'll sleep better tonight with this over.

Jane
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Trish - you peeked in while I was posting. Yes, the snow made it here, but it didn't stick. Rats! It sure looked pretty, though. Yay for you, eating healthily. Me too, and I have to say I sure feel better! Take care. :hug:

Jane
01-16-2009, 09:48 AM
:shrug: Where are you all?

pattygirl63
01-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't been around just been busy. Staying OP. I think I'm going to have a 3 lb loss this week. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a good deal.

luckycharm
01-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone.

Had a busy week or two.

Had to drive DD to the orthodontist and get her braces tightened yesterday. Appointment was at 8:30 am, and it is a 90 minute drive to get there. I hate bad weather and highways. My brother, and his wife gave Cole a new pet. A snake. (yes a live one) He is so impressed with his new pet. At least it is a little one, and you find him walking around the house with it all night when he is at home. DD's boyfriend is deathly afraid of it, and I do get a good laugh when he doesn't let Cole get near him. DD finds this funny also, and she will take it and chase him around the house with it.
Last week, it was so nice here, just like spring, 44 degrees. We spent a lot of time outside really doing nothing. Just enjoying the weather. This week however, we are back down to a very cold -20 degrees.

Jane - You have the bracelet already? What a good idea to reearn it. Is there any other charms that you don't have that you would like to get once you earn all the charms on your list? I would be happy to get you a charm for your bracelet when you reach your goal. I will keep my eyes out for something, or give me a hint what you think would be good. :hug:

Trish - What have you been up to? Glad that you are able to stay OP. 3 lbs is great. Let us know what your actual loss is. What are you doing right that you are able to stay OP? And what do you do to get over your cravings without giving in?

Jen - How did you enjoy your day off? What have you been up to lately? Did having one day off make you want another one?

Sue - Did you get a nice tan while you were in Vegas? Did you get to lay by the pool all day for a day or so? What is your favorite casino there? Did you stay on the strip? I was shocked at the size of the buffets when we were there. The ones we went to were very reasonably priced, except for the MGM buffet. Good thing that my BIL picked up the tab for that one, as they wanted to go there.

Well my MIL called, and she has booked us all a trip to California, to Disneyland for Easter/March break. Yahoo we are going to Mickeyland. However, I will be working very hard to take off a few pounds before we go. Do you think that 20 lbs is doable by March 29? I will probably need a few kicks in the butt to get on that treadmill and exercise everyday.

Must run and make some lunch for me and the kid.

Will not stay away for so long this time.

Hugs to you all.

luckycharm
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
Hi everyone.

How is everyone doing? All is ok here. Our internet has been down since Saturday. Finally got the internet service guy here, and they gave us a new internet dish, and pointed us to a different tower. I hope that we are all set now.

Just watching ****'s Kitchen. I do like this show. Would never want to be on this show, but do like to watch it.

:wave:

Chat later.

Jane
01-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Kathy - look for a PM. :)

suetalks
01-31-2009, 11:32 AM
HI Jane, Kathy, Trish, Jen and everyone else here... Not much happening on my weight loss or exercise this month. We had a trip to Vegas for 5 nights, then Mom got sick and was hospitalized when we got home. After she came home and I was ready to "roll" I got the most terrible cold of my life. I am just now feeling some better and still have the lingering cough and sniffles. My month of good beginnings for 2009 has turned to naught.

Now after a week of feeling better Mom is down again and luckily sees the Dr. on Mon. Nothing they can do for her really except try to change her meds. Hopefully something helps.

I am hoping to pop back in mid week with everyone feeling better and a NEW start to 2009. Food has been okay, but the exercising has been nil. Actually, with no taste buds I ate very little for 5 days, you would think that would help, but we will see on Monday. Maybe the heavy hospital food the 3 days before that canceled it out ??
Ah well, happy wintertime to you all. Hope your week-end is just great.

pattygirl63
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Ladies,

Haven't been here in a long time. Not doing WW any more. I'm doing IE (Intuitive Eating) again and doing very well. I am losing the "diet" mentality and making peace with food. I found a new website for IE run by a consultant who has really helped me a lot. Also 3fc has a great thread for IE. As I'm learning to make peace with food and honor my hunger, I've learned that a lot of foods I thought I wanted/craved that were forbidden on diets (which I'm free to eat if I want them doing IE), I don't even want them any more. Also I'm finding I don't even like a lot of the foods I thought I liked healthy as well as junk. As I am learning to listen to my body, I am also learning what foods my body likes and what it will not tolerate. And one of the best things that I love about IE is that I don't have food on my mind all the time. In fact, I find I don't think about it much at all. What a wonderful relief for me.

Sue - So sorry to hear of you being sick and of your Mom being hospitalized. I hope you both get well soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Jane
02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Kathy - yay for the internet being fixed. :cp: I've seen ****'s Kitchen advertised, but haven't watched it. How's everybody at your house?

Sue - wow, sounds like you've had your hands full. Is your mom any better? I'm sending Ts & Ps her way. :hug: Did you have fun in Vegas?

Trish - well, even if you aren't doing WW anymore, I know you're trying to stay Health Focused, so it's all good. I'm glad you're feeling more positive about food in general.

I am doing so-so OP. Some days are better than others. For some reason, I've had trouble drinking enough water. That never used to be an issue, so I don't know what's up with that. Now I'm trying to drink nothing but water after my coffee in the morning until dinner time. So far, so good. I know WW recognizes other liquids as "water" but the real thing is what helps me lose, and makes me feel better. I wonder if WW changed the rules on it just to make the members happy, lol.

After much snow and ice, we are having a nice weekend, with temps in the 50's to melt it all. Ah, what a relief!

Have a good one!

shrinking me
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi I am Victoria I am on WW and love to eat as well as I can. This group looks like my kind of place. One of my kittens helped me to loose a long post so I will be sending a few to make sure all is not lost.

shrinking me
02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
I am a stay at home mom to my Maine coons and standard Poodles oh yea to my 14 yo daughter too. She in doing an independent study through the local high School. I am thrilled she is doing the plan with me. My other 3 kids had a thin active mother. I started to gain weight when my dh asked for a D the day my dad died. I went to counseling with Ben and Jerry I went from 145 to 230 then took off 50lb and then went right back up to 353. My kids want there mother back. I have had Fibromyalgia for 12 years it really makes it hard to exersize so I have to be very good about what I eat. The filling foods list is mt friend.
Jane my WW leader did a meeting on water and read the study and I don't think it was a weight watchers study. I still go over on water.
Well nice to meet you all I hope I can be a good addition to the list.
The pup pictured is one of my Standard poodles

Jane
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
:welcome: Victoria! We're glad to have you join our little group. Yikes, how awful to have your DH ask for a divorce on the day your father died. How heartless. But you are obviously a fighter and a survivor to have made it through all that. The dog in your avatar is gorgeous! I'm a real dog lover, too, and have 2 that came from the shelter. One is mostly beagle, and the other is mostly golden retriever, but they are both mutts really. Anyway, I'm glad you're liking WW Filling Foods. We'll help you on your journey back to health, and again, welcome!

Hi to the others. :wave:

pattygirl63
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
:wave:Hi Everyone,

:welcome3:Victoria glad to have you here. Sounds like you are a busy lady. We look forward to getting to know you.

Jane Thanks for asking me to stay with HHF. It is interesting that I went through the phase of IE where you eat what you want to make peace with food quickly when it came to what dieters call junk foods. We went to buy groceries at Costco and Walmart yesterday. Don't go to Costco as often as we used to since the economy has gotten weird because of we have to go to Charlotte. Go about once every 2 or 3 months now when my paper goods and cleaners get low and I can get the coupons for them. Any way, I came home with NO junk foods. I am excited that spring is coming and with it frest fruits. We are already getting strawberries from FL on sale so I came home with strawberries, bananas and plums for snacks. So it is going pretty well for me. I found that I like Slimfast shakes for a treat and got me 2 six packs of it. Tony's mother always drank one a day just because she liked it. I don't think she ever dieted in her life as she was a little thing any way. The most she ever weighed was maybe 120 lbs and considered that over weight.

I too like to at least drink my 6 to 8 glasses of liquid as water. I think it is better than counting everything as liquid. At least for me because I have a bad habit of not drinking enough water if I can count all liquid as part of my water. I guess I'm from the old school of water should be water.

Staying busy doing other things as I think I've gotten "cabin" fever from being cooped in the house so much these past few months. I am ready to get out and go shopping (mostly window shopping) but does get me walking so I'm not writing much right now. Sorry, I do check and read from time to time and I'm bored with the computer right now. However, I will try to check in more often.

Y'all have a great day.

CarolinaGirl
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
What a beautiful Chocolate Standard Poodle you have! I have a Black Standard Female Poodle and a small Black female toy. I'd LOVE to have another standard female someday.
I am a stay at home mom to my Maine coons and standard Poodles oh yea to my 14 yo daughter too. She in doing an independent study through the local high School. I am thrilled she is doing the plan with me. My other 3 kids had a thin active mother. I started to gain weight when my dh asked for a D the day my dad died. I went to counseling with Ben and Jerry I went from 145 to 230 then took off 50lb and then went right back up to 353. My kids want there mother back. I have had Fibromyalgia for 12 years it really makes it hard to exersize so I have to be very good about what I eat. The filling foods list is mt friend.
Jane my WW leader did a meeting on water and read the study and I don't think it was a weight watchers study. I still go over on water.
Well nice to meet you all I hope I can be a good addition to the list.
The pup pictured is one of my Standard poodles

shrinking me
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you for making me feel so welcome. I read my post and realized it is really time to let my past hurts go and the weight too. I love WW and the support they give me my leader is great. Last time I tried I was not that crazy about the leader in my town now I drive about 15 miles to a WW center they have meetings 3 times a day.
I love the slim fast shakes I use the powder in my magic bullet and make it really thick with ice yum.
Carolina girl, I started with a Black standard male they are addictive I want a white but can't decide if I want a standard or a toy. I am on about an acre and I am forcing myself to wait until I am completely fenced.
This photo is my female she will be 2 in June my boys can hardly wait :hug:

Jane
02-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi,

Carolina Girl - please jump in and join us. :)

Trish - I thought the slim fast shakes would have a vitamin-y taste to them. They don't? Let me know about that, ok? I'd like to have something on hand that's easy for days I'm in a rush, but want decent nutrition. Like you, I can barely wait for the summer fruits and veggies. Most of mine will be homegrown. Yay for you, not bringing junk food into the house. If I could just leave chocolate alone, I'd do a lot better. :^:

Victoria - mixing the shake with ice for a thick drink sounds so good! Speaking of dogs, we fenced in approx. 5000 sq. ft for our dogs last May. Several of our pooches have gotten hit on the road and it's just heartbreaking. The fence adjoins my house and my DDs house. She has 1 dog, and I have 2. We each have doggy doors, so the dogs have 2 homes, haha.

I'm headed to Terre Haute tomorrow with Mary. She's going to a new Rheumatoidologist then we'll have lunch and do a bit of shopping. It's been awhile since she and I were out together without any kids along.

Later,

Destiny2009
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!!!! I'd love to be in the group. I am thinking about joining weight watchers again. The first time I joined, I didn't lose that much weight because I had an inactive thyroid. So, now I am taking medicine to keep my hormones balanced. I really do like weight watchers and find the meetings quite inspirational. I'd love to get any kind of support from this website I can get.

missjay
02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
:welcome2::welcome2:I'm new also but reading the blogs and seeing the progress, who are doing a fantastic job,give's me hope. The dog is beautiful me myself I love siamese cat's. With support from this forum we'll all do great.

CarolinaGirl
02-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Thank you for making me feel so welcome. I read my post and realized it is really time to let my past hurts go and the weight too. I love WW and the support they give me my leader is great. Last time I tried I was not that crazy about the leader in my town now I drive about 15 miles to a WW center they have meetings 3 times a day.
I love the slim fast shakes I use the powder in my magic bullet and make it really thick with ice yum.
Carolina girl, I started with a Black standard male they are addictive I want a white but can't decide if I want a standard or a toy. I am on about an acre and I am forcing myself to wait until I am completely fenced.
This photo is my female she will be 2 in June my boys can hardly wait :hug:
I'd love to have a Chocolate female. But my two black females are so sweet too!

CarolinaGirl
02-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I am new to the whole WW thing. I just signed up last Saturday. I seem to be doing fine with my points everyday. I just wish I had a book or something to reference points with. There is so much to read and learn here.

luckycharm
02-11-2009, 02:09 AM
:celebrate::coffee2::coffee::welcome:

Welcome yes a big welcoome to: Carolinagirl, Missjay, Destiny2009, and Victoria. It will be a pleasure to get to know you all. It will be a regular coffee house around here.

Victoria, how old are your other kids? :hug: about the divorce. My daughter has decided she should breed Yorkshire Terriers. Right now there are 5 ouooies that I am constantly tripping over. I saw a picture somewhere yesterday of a pink poodle with rhinestones on its side. Yours looks much better.

Trish, of course you must never try and leave here, or I will have to come looking for you and bring you back! :D When I went to renew my drivers licence, the lady asked me if all the information was the same and I said yes - and she raised her eyebrows at me . Then she proceeded to say the weight listed was 120 lbs. :rofl: So I weighed 120 lbs for 4 years, on paper.
Maybe I will try slim fast for a snack.

Carolinagirl-you really don't need another Poodle. A cute little Yorkshire Terrier is really what you need. One from here would fit in really well. They are black. ;)

Missjay-with all this support we will do really well together. Make sure you come back often. :)

Destiny - I have been wondering about my thyroid lately. I do have to go in for a check up soon. We are great support here. :D we like to share in each others successes.

Sue - :hug: how is your mom doing? How are you holding up? I have been sending you good vibes, and many prayers. :hug:

Jane - That is a big fenced area for your dogs. :D I love the way you described your dogs. Just think of every glass of water as a step closer to your charm bracelet. ****'s Kitchen is on Thursday Nights. I read that Chef Ramsey makes $14 million a year. I have decided to go to culinary school.

Well, we have had a busy week here. Hubby has been sick, so I took him to the Dr today, and found out he has shingles, and the flu. Had to take DS to an open house tonight to the college that he is hoping to attend in September. It is 90 minutes away, so he will be moving in with my Brother in law and his girlfriend. He informed me however that he will be home every weekend, and we are not to turn his bedroom into something else. :) Hubby bought a new to us truck....and we are having bad luck with it. First night, found out the gas gauge is broken and ran out of gas, second night had freezing rain and hit the ditch, third night found out the person who put on the new ujoints didn't do it properly and we had the drive shaft fall off....thinking maybe we should sell the truck!

Well I must run and I will chat with you all later.

CarolinaGirl
02-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Good morning everyone! I've had my coffee and breakfast and am ready for a new day. I'm at work right now. Just trying to get into the swing of things. I hope everyone has a great and productive day! :D

luckycharm
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Good morning Carolinagirl. Hope you have a great day at work. What sort of work do you do? Hope the day goes fast for you.

shrinking me
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I have a son who is 28 and three girls 14, 19, 22 they are great kids all in school. I was a very active mom before I became ill 11 years ago. My son has taken it the hardest as his mother was super healthy and thin.
I can't wait to see him when I have lost 100lb.
My 14to daughter and I went to the movies yesterday and saw Australia it is a 3 hour + movie. We were so good she made sandwiches 4 points I air popped popcorn with 2 points butter we had sugar free candy and diet soda. We go to the cheep movies there was no at the door at 3:45 to see if we were smuggling in food lol. We left feeling no guilt YEA! I won't even tel you what we use to do and risk some one out there starting a craving.
I am easy to tempt I am so glad I can fast forward through the commercials. Have a great day Victoria

CarolinaGirl
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
I do all office work for an electrical contractor. We are just thankful we have odd and end jobs to keep our guys working right now.
Good morning Carolinagirl. Hope you have a great day at work. What sort of work do you do? Hope the day goes fast for you.

luckycharm
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Victoria - how did you manage to stay sane raising 3 teenage daughters? I thought I was going to need a stay in a hospital some days trying to go through the years of 12 - 16. Not that mine was bad, or really did anything that got her into trouble, just the attitude that she had somedays. Don't know if I could have gone through 3 girls. You rock. How was the movie? That sure is a long one.

Carolinagirl - You are the woman that holds the office together. Glad that you have work also. I was laid off in December when our company sold. One day soon I will have to look for a new job, but I am liking staying at home right now.

Well I must run and get into town and pick up the youngest from school.

Jane
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Holy Moly, this place is filling fast with new friends! Yay! :cp:

Kathy - I've decided I'm going to wear the charms any time, and not wait for a specific weight loss. Each of them remind me of something that is relevant in my entire life, like God, courage, love, wisdom, etc. Sign me up for culinary school with you, haha. I could use $14 million a year. :D Aww, I wish I lived close enough to get one of your puppies! I just told Neal that when Molly is gone (hopefully not for a few years yet), I want a Yorkie

Trish and Sue - how are you doing today

Destiny - Welcome! Yes, this is a good place to get and give support. Please post often and tell us more about yourself.

MissJay - Welcome! I had a friend once that had a Siamese cat, and he was so smart! My DD is allergic to cats, so we can't have those.

Victoria - isn't that movie up for an Oscar? I saw a clip when Nicole Kidman was on The View. Looks really good!

Carolina Girl - is it ok if I call you CG for short? I'm glad to see you back here. With this economy, it's so good that your company can keep the workers busy.

Mary and I had fun in Terre Haute today. Her doctor visit went well, then we had a nice lunch and went shopping for Wii games and DS games at Toys R Us. The weather was so bad, and getting worse, so we came home early, but it sure was nice to be out w/o the kiddos.

Do any of you have a recumbent bike? I'm not allowed on a treadmill, cuz of my plantar's fasciitis, and a regular bike hurts my knees. I have been thinking of a recumbent bike but I hate to spend the money if I won't like it.

Toodles,

Jane
02-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Kathy - you posted while I was writing that novel, haha. Teenage girls? I had 2, and they drove me bonkers for a few years, and I attribute my gray hair to them. I attribute my "medium brown hair with carmel highlights" to my stylist. :s:

shrinking me
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Kathy it is a very trying time I am not sane. My oldest girl helps remind me that they do grow up. We get along great...now. My 19 yo has emotional problems and put me through **** she put us all through **** but is doing well now. Coming of age takes care of many problems.
I loved the movie I saw it when it first came out with my mom and then took Desarae my youngest when we could go for $3.50. My favorite actor in the movie is the little boy.
I live in so Cal it is really sunny but chilly (to me) we are in between storms.
What are you all doing to make Valentines nice with out killing your eating plans?
Desarae has lost 9 lbs and I want to treat her but not sabotage her.

CarolinaGirl
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Is that a different baby standard in your avatar?
Here is my son being goofy holding Cassey- my standard. She will be 3 yrs old this August.
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos5094/7/62/41/16/0/7/700164162705_0_ALB.jpg

Kathy it is a very trying time I am not sane. My oldest girl helps remind me that they do grow up. We get along great...now. My 19 yo has emotional problems and put me through **** she put us all through **** but is doing well now. Coming of age takes care of many problems.
I loved the movie I saw it when it first came out with my mom and then took Desarae my youngest when we could go for $3.50. My favorite actor in the movie is the little boy.
I live in so Cal it is really sunny but chilly (to me) we are in between storms.
What are you all doing to make Valentines nice with out killing your eating plans?
Desarae has lost 9 lbs and I want to treat her but not sabotage her.

luckycharm
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Good morning ladies.

Popping in to wish everyone a happy day.

Carolinagirl, I couldn't get in to see your pictures. It told me Access Denied. Felt like I was on TV :lol:

Victoria - It will be nice for you when all three girls are past the teenage years....you will have 3 best friends. Could you treat your daughter with a manicure or another movie?

Jane - Did you buy any games? Is Terre Haute another town close to where you live? We live by a pretty small city - so when we want a really nice day out for shopping, or need to go see a specialist or DD orthodontist we have to drive an hour away to the big city of Edmonton.

Well our youngest is really counting the days untill we get to leave for Disneyland. I can't wait. We are trying to figure out what the weather will be like for the end of March, and what we should pack. Cole has been faithfully xing the days off the calendar.

Well I must run and get some cleaning done.

pattygirl63
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
:wave:Hello Everybody,

Wow a lot of Newbies here :welcome3: Missjay, Destiny and CarolinaGirl we are glad to have you here.

CarolinaGirl Where do you live in NC? Did you grow up there? I am originally from Central Tx and moved to SC by way of FL. My IN born DH lived in FL when we married and we lived there for about 3 yrs until his Mother passed away and then we moved to Rock Hill, SC just a few miles south of Charlotte. I love the 4 seasons here and it is almost like being in TX except it doesn't get quite as hot here as it does there. In FL everyone would as where I was from because of my accent. Nice thing about living in SC is that I sound like everybody else.:p

Well, this is a quick one. Tony has a doctor's appt in an hour. Then we're going out to eat and then shop for a printer. We also need a new copy machine so haven't decided if we'll get a multifunction one or not.

Y'all have a nice day.

shrinking me
02-12-2009, 02:54 PM
lucky Charm Great Idea about the manicure she loves them. I get migraines from nail polish so it is taboo in the house but I will take her to a beauty collage.
C girl I tried to open your picture but it went to a error page. This is my black standard Boy as a pup he is so sweet and loving. He loves to spin and spin so I named him Bo Bo the circus clown he was 2 in Dec. and my oldest poodle. I would love to see you photo you could try to send it in a private message after taking it out of Kodak

CarolinaGirl
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
lucky Charm Great Idea about the manicure she loves them. I get migraines from nail polish so it is taboo in the house but I will take her to a beauty collage.
C girl I tried to open your picture but it went to a error page. This is my black standard Boy as a pup he is so sweet and loving. He loves to spin and spin so I named him Bo Bo the circus clown he was 2 in Dec. and my oldest poodle. I would love to see you photo you could try to send it in a private message after taking it out of Kodak
Sorry about the pics not showing up. I'll work on it and see what I can do.
Trish- I am about 30 minutes from Rock Hill. I also go into the Tega Cay, Lak Wylie area about every 2 weeks off off hwy 160. I am a born and bred Carolina Girl. Lived nowhere else but here (how boring huh?) My hubby is from Indiana but has lived here 25 yrs. I honestly do not think I'd want to live anywhere else... except on a Carribean island!

CarolinaGirl
02-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Happy Friday the 13th! Hope everyone has a great day, Happy Valentine's Day & a nice weekend.

shrinking me
02-13-2009, 02:50 PM
CG your pups are so cute do you trim them your self. My friend the breeder of the firs poodle I bought taught me how to groom them. They are all cut short with puffs at the moment I let them grow long and then shave then I am going to some day use the fur to knit. Keeping them looking good keeps my from eating constantly lol.

Jane
02-13-2009, 08:33 PM
This is just a fly-by. I'm in a hurry but wanted to say hello to you all. I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! I'll check in Sunday. :hug:

pattygirl63
02-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Everybody,:wave:

Just quickly dropping in to wish you all...

:val1:HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY:val3: and have a great weekend.

Catch ya' later.

CarolinaGirl
02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
CG your pups are so cute do you trim them your self. My friend the breeder of the firs poodle I bought taught me how to groom them. They are all cut short with puffs at the moment I let them grow long and then shave then I am going to some day use the fur to knit. Keeping them looking good keeps my from eating constantly lol.
Yes I do groom them myself. I have a friend that is a groomer that I go her shop and clippers and the whole nine yards. I just groomed the today as a matter of fact.

Jane
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm on my way out the door, but wanted to say Jackson is in the hospital with RVS, so I will be busy tomorrow. Then, on Monday, Neal and I are headed to Memphis, so I'll talk to you all on Thursday. Have a good week! :hug:

luckycharm
02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. We didn't do anything special. I took Cole, my nephew who is also 6, and my mom and we went bowling. My dad came with us to watch the boys bowl. Then we came home and I babysat the DGD so that DD and SIL could go out for the evening. Friday Mom and I went and seen the Rankin's, and they were really good. Next week she is taking me to see the Nylon's. Anyone remember them?

Jane - :hugs: RSV is so scary hope Jackson is better soon. Hope you have a great time in Memphis.

CG and Victoria - I had a Mexican Hairless, and he was the best little dog to keep groomed. Cheap too. :rofl: And he doubled as a hot water bottle for all of us. :lol: Sounds like you two are kept busy with your dogs.

Trish - hope the drs appointment was an ok one. My DH had to go this last week, but he wouldn't let me make him an appointment, he just wanted to go to the walk in clinic. He had to sit and wait for 2 hrs before he got to go in, and the dr didn't listen to all he had to say. He did tell him he has shingles. I of course (all though it pains me terrible to say it)said I Told You SO...:lol: Next time he will let me make an appointment.

Ladies has anyone heard of dogs having epilepsy? We have 1 puppy that has had 2 seisures this weekend. We have to wait until tomorrow to get into the vet. Cole has decided that this is now his puppy to take care of, and it goes everywhere he goes.

Well I hope that you all have a great Sunday.

CarolinaGirl
02-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Had a great week and weekend! Lost my 1st 5 lbs since starting WW a week ago. :carrot:Woo Hoo!!!!:carrot: Hope everyone has a great and productive week.

luckycharm
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
CG :bravo: on your weight loss. You are certainly doing something very right. Keep up the great work.

pattygirl63
02-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

Jane - Sorry about little Jackson. Hope he gets well soon.

Kathy - Tony's test was fine. I know how these men are. They are going to do things their way you know.:dizzy: They don't listen to us women. Hope your little dog is okay. DH says he has heard of dogs having epilepsy. :hug:I think dogs get a lot of things people get. Let us know what the vet says.

CG - :cheer: YEAH!!! 5 lbs gone. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

My eating has been pretty good, but I don't think I'm eating enough protein. I do that from time to time and I am feeling tired and weak. Want to do nothing but sleep, but then I've got some family problems in my family and it could be a little bit of depression. I am not a person who can drink coffee and it perk me up as caffiene doesn't do a thing for me.

We have a busy day tomorrow so I will try to catch y'all Wednesday.

Have a good evening tonight and day tomorrow.

CarolinaGirl
02-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Hey y'all! Just checking in here. Doing great with WW so far, and my points are not a problem. I am able to stay within them with ease.
Hope everyone make sit a great day!

luckycharm
02-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Popping in really quickly before we head off to the vet....

Trish - :hug: I hope your family problem resolves itself quickly. If you ever need an ear, just pm me. I am always here if you need someone. As for the protein, I have started to make smoothies in the morning for the kids, and I must say I am so improving on them...but I have been putting a vanilla soy protein in them so that everyone has a little protein in the morning. It makes it a little easier for me to get on the treadmill also, I don't feel so light headed in the middle of my workout.

CG - That is great that you have no problems staying within your points. What do you usually have for breakfast? Eating breakfast is a new thing for me, but it does seem to be helping me with a little weight loss, but I truly need some ideas instead of just oatmeal all the time.

Victoria I hope that all is well with you. Pop in and say hi.

Jane - Hope you are having a good time.

Sue - Hello to you.

Missjay and Destiny - hope to hear from you two again as well. Come back and say hello.

Jen - Have you had a day off yet so that you can come and give us a wave? Hope you are doing great.

K Gotta run, BBL

CarolinaGirl
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
luckycharm- I eat a mix of Kashi cereal that has a slight honey coating on them with a brown puff rice cereal. Both cereals are 1 pt each. I buy the 2 and mix them in a large tpeer cereal container I have. And I put a handfull of fresh blueberries in it or cut up a banana. This usually keeps me full for about 3 hours. I like to eat cold cereal. I take my points tracker and try to buy a whole grain cereal with high fiber grams when I go to the grocery store. Boiled eggs are also a good filler for me as well.

luckycharm
02-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone.

The vet couldn't say for sure if the puppy has epilepsy or a liver problem that stops him from digesting protein properly. He did an exam and says he is one healthy looking and sounding puppy. He also said that it could be hypoglycemic. They have taken some blood, and will check his liver and kidneys...but for now we just have to watch him.

CG - Is Kashi the brand of the cereal? I will have to look and see if I can find it. Mmm Puff Wheat. I haven't had a puff wheat square for such a long time. Yeah I know, I will refrain from having one for a while longer. What WW plan are you using?

Well I must go and put a certain little guy to bed.

pattygirl63
02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
:wave:Hi Everyone,

Kathy - Thank you so much for your offer. This is something only God can work out and I have to entrust it to Him. It means so much to me that you offered to help. You are a true friend. :hug: Thanks for the hug. It sounds like your vet kind of gave you some good news about your little puppy. I hope he will be okay.

CG - I am so glad you are doing so good with your WW points. I have seen the Kashi cereal, but haven't decided about buying it. I love my oatmeal for breakfast.

Well, I bought a new book "Younger (Thinner) You Diet" by a Dr. Eric Braverman. It has to do with chemical embalance in the brain which makes it difficult to lose weight. Any way, long story short, I have learned the healthy foods I should be eating. So I've decided to go back to using WW Momentum/Flex, but use what I've learned from the new book in choosing my foods. IE says "If you don't love it don't eat it, if you love it then savor it". I believe that is how any weight loss "diet" program should be done. WW doesn't tell you what you have to eat. So I made me a personal list of the foods that I need to get my brain chemically balanced which I really like/love to eat. I will let y'all know how it goes. One thing I can say is that so far I don't have any cravings any more. I drink a lot of green/black tea along with my water.

Jane - Hope you are having fun and look forward to hearing about your fun trip. Hope Jackson is well.

Sue, Jen, Ruth and everyone else :wave:How are you guys? Let us hear from you.

HAVE A GREAT EVENING EVERYONE!!!

CarolinaGirl
02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey there everyone! Hope everyone has had a great day.
Trish~ That book sounds very interesting. I may have to check it out myself. Sounds like you may be off to a good plan for yourself. Have a great evening!

pattygirl63
02-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

A quick one here. Have a busy day today.

CG the book has been a real eye opener to me as to how important it is for us to eat more "healthy" foods and less if any junk foods/empty calorie foods. I really lean more toward the Whole Foods eating, but I thought if I use the Momentum/Flex pts that I will learn more of keeping calories down in a sensible area. Although, I use the points system, I also use the Momentum/Core theory that when I eat I stop when I am satisfied. I don't it is good for me to eat all the food to get all the pts. in for that day. I really believe that works best for me. Also learned the importance of getting the sleep/rest that my body needs. That should be 7 - 9 hours of sleep a night depending on each persons needs. When you eat healthy, I notice you sleep better.

Everybody have a good day.

luckycharm
02-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Hello everyone

Trish. :hug: I hope that you don't mnd a few good vibes and a few extra prayers. I have been reading a book called PH Balancing Your Diet. It of course is about eating basically alkaline foods, and how that can right the PH of your body and how it can cure itself. It is pretty good. Also talks about drinking lots of water with fresh lemon juice in it. I will have to look for your book. I can't sleep. I wake up every couple of hours. Very frustrating. I really should look into the WW Momentum Plan.

CG - I will have to look for the Kashi cereal. I actually found some Oat Bran cereal, and have been putting peaches, and cinnamon and honey in it. It tastes pretty good. What sort of dinner items are on your WW plan? I have been having such a hard time with coming up with dinner ideas.

Jane are you back yet?

Hello to everyone else. :hug: to you all.

CarolinaGirl
02-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Kathy~ My suppers included pork tenderloins, boneless pork chops, boneless skinless chicken breast, whole grain-wheat pastas.....and TONS of others. Just read recipes and use your points tracker and what would like. There is endless possibilities!

pattygirl63
02-20-2009, 02:35 PM
:wave:Hello HHFriends,

Kathy - Thank you so much for the :hug:, good vibes and extra prayers. I appreciate your good thoughts and I always welcome prayers. I've learned over the years the meaning of the blessed Serenity Prayer that we used in Overeaters Anonymous. There are some things we have no control over and can't do anything about. This is when we have to really lean on and trust God to take care of every detail of the situation. This is a situation that envolves my baby sister and she isn't talking to any of us including our Daddy or her children right now. When she can or is ready she will call one of us. Until then we have to pray mostly for her safety and wait. I don't feel free to share more, but would appreciate you keeping her in your prayers. I read about the PH balance too, but wasn't willing to give up meat. I don't eat a lot of it any way which is usually why I get so weak at times because I cut back on it too much. However, I am convinced that we don't eat enough fruits and veggies which is why we get the ph balance and the brains chemical balance off. As I read this book, I see where I messed myself up and caused so many problems I've had. Thank God as I've worked at eating healthier much of this has reversed and I am better. I hope to be able to continue getting better as I learn more and more about healthy nutritious eating.

CG - The one thing I'm beginning to learn about WW is that it doesn't matter whether you use the Points System or the Filling Foods plan it all comes down to making "Healthy" choices. This doctor isn't so much interested in how many calories you eat although he says it is important. He says that when we eat the healthier more densified nutritious foods that we will get the brain chemicals balanced. Then he says the weight will just come off almost effortless. (My paraphrase.) I'm learning that I can't trust something saying whole grain or even whole wheat. I'm having to read labels more. I saw the Kashi cereal yesterday and it is a great source of fiber. I didn't look at all of them, but the one I saw had 8 grams. I still have cereal, but when I need it again, I will be buying the Kashi. Thanks for sharing with us about it.

Jane - Are you home yet? How was the trip? How is Jackson doing?

Y'all have a great week end.

Jane
02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm home! We got in yesterday, and I'm still tired from the trip, but we had a very good time. I'll be back later to catch up on all that you've shared while I was gone.

Have a good day. :hug:

CarolinaGirl
02-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Good morning and welcome back Jane! I had my 2nd WI this morning, and I'm down 3.4 lbs to bring my 2 weeks total to 8.4 lbs! :carrot:Glad this is working for me, it sure does help with me seeing those positive reults. Have a great weekend!

pattygirl63
02-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Jane - Welcome back. Look forward to hearing from you and about your trip.

CG - :cheer2: You are doing great. CONGRATULATIONS!!! on you 8.4 total loss.

Hadn't planned to do anything today, but DH couldn't get all his meds Thursday and they didn't get it into Pharmacy until yesterday so have to go pick it up today. DH wants to eat at McDonald's today so thank goodness for the Dining out book. I am counting pts, but working more toward eating the healthier Simply Filling Foods. I am working towards getting rid of all or almost all of the junky empty calorie foods, so I guess I will be having a salad for dinner today since I'm not eating white bread any more. I am also learning to use spices in my cooking experimenting different tastes to find what I do and don't like. This book I'm reading says we enhance the flavors and get more of the nutrients from our food when we use spices. I am getting rid of the salt as much as possible out of my diet. I have switched to drinking only water and teas. I drink mostly black/green teas and I drink a cup of chamomile before I go to bed at night and it really helps me get a really good nights sleep.

Y'all have a great week end and I will get back here sometime Monday.

CarolinaGirl
02-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Good morning everybody! Hope everybody has a great Sunday!:hug:

luckycharm
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone

Just popping in really quick to say hello. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am just going to cook some supper, then I will pop back in.

CarolinaGirl
02-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Happy Monday! Where is everyone today? Just thought I'd check in and say hey! I have just finished my exercise DVD for the day and now I'm getting ready to head into town for a few things. Hope everyone has had a great day! :sunny:

Jane
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi all,

Trish - I'm hoping things are better for you with the family. I have started trying to use more spices, too, to give a little variety to some old standbys.

Kathy - how is the puppy? Any more news? I love adding fresh fruit to my cereal!

CG - you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Well, we had so much fun in Memphis. We took DGDs Woody doll with us, since she couldn't go, and got lots of fun looks and comments about that. We went to Beale St., the Gibson guitar factory/store, the Rock and Blues museum, the Pink Palace museum and planetarium, and more. I had the best bbq ribs in some little dive, and we also enjoyed the train experience. This was very good for Neal and me - we got to focus on each other (and Woody, lol) and are planning more little trips.

Seems like I've been so busy! My plan for tomorrow is to just stay home and catch up some things around here.

Have a good one. :hug:

pattygirl63
02-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Hello Ladies,

Just a quick one here. It's late and usually watch a movie and go to bed around 2 am. So will be headed to do that. I ended up doing Momentum Simply Filling Foods since that is what I eat the most. I am enjoying it too. I also got up and did my 20 minute Walk Away the Pounds. I plan to do it at least 3 days a week and then do one of my others 1or 2 days a week. Hopefully I can get 5 days of exercises in a week. I am revved up and ready to go. Sunday's sermon was on discipline and it really helped me. Pastor says you don't have to have a good attitude when you do something your supposed to do, but if you will you do it any way that you will get to where it will becomes a habit. So that is what I'm doing about adding exercise to my weight loss program.

Got to go get my hair permed so I'll check back with everyone later. Have a great day.

CarolinaGirl
02-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Mornin' y'all! Have a good time at the salon Trish!
Jane- Sounds like you really had a great time in Memphis. I LOVE Tennessee.
Looks as if this week may go by a little faster for me than last week. It's already Tuesday! I still am having no problems staying on WW and hope to see more results this Saturday for my WI. I have been doing more reading on whole grain foods and gathering recipes. I cook every evening and love to try new things! Going to pick up that Kashi rice today and try it if I can find it.
Hope everyone has agreat day!:hug::D

shrinking me
02-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone I was busy with a 80th Birthday Party for my mom. Then I had a few days of Migraines from all the perfume. Lats week at WW I had lost a total of 18.8 lb yea. I can't figure out how to update my ticker but I will. The weather is just beautiful here it is motivating me to go out and get the veggie garden ready to plant. I hope you all enjoy your day.
Kathy thanks for the note it was nice to know I was missed.

luckycharm
02-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Have had a couple busy days, but i will be back tomorrow for a good chat.

pattygirl63
02-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Busy day cleaning house etc. My laptop won't go on line for some reason so will be back when it gets fixed.

Have a good day.

luckycharm
02-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Good Morning Everyoneter

Trish, I hate computer issues. I guess I even get computer issue rage. :lol: I have even become friends with the internet provider trouble shooter. I hope your computer is fixed soon.

Victoria, Your welcome. Congratulations on the weight loss. That is wonderful and you are certainly doing something right. Happy Birthday to your mom. Does she live close to you? I am ready for some nice weather. However we still have 2 months of bitter cold to get through. We are going on vacation to Disneyland in another month though. Can't wait.

CG, How are you doing? Did you get your rice? If you got it, did you have a chance to try it out? I am going out today to see if I can find some of the cereal. What are you up to today?

Jane, How are you doing? Anything special going on today? The vet says he thinks that the puppy had his seisures due to hypoglycemia. We have to watch him and if it happens again, write down all the information we can think of and bring him back in. There is no test for epilepsy, they just have to rule everything else out. He has not had anymore now that I make sure he has a little to eat every 3 or 4 hours, and we go out to play outside every couple of hours. Healthy lifestyle for the puppy. How come it is so easy to make time to give the puppy a healthy life, and yet we don't make time for ourselves?

Well, I must run, the group Celtic Thunder is coming, and the presale tickets go on sale in a few minutes, so I have to go and try and get some. Then get some cleaning done. Mom and I are going to see the Nylons tonight. Anyone remember them?

Have a wonderful day everyone.

CarolinaGirl
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey there everyone! All is well here in Carolina. Just keep hoping Spring is near.
Kathy~ I looked last night for the Kashi rice and couldn't find it. So I am going to look at Earth Fare or Trader Joes this weekend. Surely one of them will have it. Not much going here. Going to get my haircut this afternoon and that's about it.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend. My 3rd WI is Saturday am, so only time will tell how the 3rd week will end up for me....

pattygirl63
02-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

I didn't realize it is so late. Yeah :carrot: DH got the new router and I am a back online. Strange how we get used to things a certain way. I have a regular computer in our little office area, but I love to sit in my recliner and use my laptop more. For some reason, the laptop had stopped connecting to the old router. As it turns out, the new router is a whole lot better. Of course, with all the new tech my DH had to call the company to get them to walk him through it. It was the same company we were with before, but for some reason our email address wasn't showing up on line to register so nothing was working with the new one. So they set up a new account and got it registered and I am back to normal. I hope.

Victoria - CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the total weight loss of 18.8 lbs.:cheer3:

Kathy - I'm so glad your puppy is doing better. You know, I am good at helping take care of other peoples health than I am on mine. I think we have to learn to treat ourselves the way we would others and take care of ourselves as well.

CG - I've been looking at Kashi products lately because of the fiber. I have just about decided that my big problem is not enough fiber. I'm not counting pts, carbs or calories right now. I'm using my Flex sheets so I can still keep up with what I eat but counting my fiber intake. Kashi has so much fiber and fits in so well with the healthier whole foods way of eating.

Jane - How are you today?

Ruth, Jen and others We would love to hear from you.

DH has eye exam for new glasses today at Walmart so I'm going to take advantage of it and do some shopping. It will give me time to do some real label reading as I shop.

Y'all have a good day.

shrinking me
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Kate my mother is about 30 min from me and it is nice to be able to see her often.
About your pup I was reading about toy poodles the other day and they talk a lot about the problems your having. I have not been on long enough to know the breed of your dog if you want to tell me more about him maybe I can fine some help for you I know some very good experienced breeders I could call for you.
I am very lucky to have nice weather. With my health problems it is truly a blessing. I get hives when I get cold lol. I grew up in the mountains of Utah and suffered greatly as a child.:brr:
I could not even think about going back.
I am doing WW and loving it. My daughter is also on the plan, that is the advantage. NO junk food in the house. She is learning to cook too so when I am not well we stay on plan.
I am going to start my seeds for my veggie garden. I have 3 adult kids and my mom to grow for too so it will be nice to see them eating my produce. I am going to meet a friend at a knitting group. I am trying to keep my hands busy to keep from eating.
Have a great day every one, Victoria
Have a great day

Jane
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi! :wave:

Victoria - I live in the country, so we grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables. There's nothing like homegrown produce! Plus, the planting, weeding, harvesting, etc. is good exercise. Is this going to be your first year for growing? Having someone in the house doing WW with you is great! My DD Katie doesn't live here, but we often exchange food finds, etc. Makes it easier.

Trish - yay for getting back online. I totally understand about liking the laptop. I use mine much more than the desktop one. For fiber, other than cereals, I like to make a soup of different kinds of beans or lentils. Neal likes it flavored with meat, but using onions and spices works just as well for me.

CG - good luck at weigh in tomorrow!

Kathy - you are such a good puppy-mama! I'm so glad he isn't having any more seizures.

Yesterday we celebrated Makenzie and Gina's birthdays. The family was here, and we had a good time. Tomorrow, Katie and I are taking Mary's kids to see the Jonas Bros. in a 3-D concert. They earned the money for the tickets, and are so excited.

Today, I'm trying to not let the gloomy day get to me by having the lights on, and being thankful for the blessings in my life.

Have a good day! :grouphug:

shrinking me
02-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Jane It has been about 3 years since I planted a garden I am looking forward to it. I have a big problem with migraines in the sumer that is why I have not gardened but I will put every thing on a line where I can go out and just turn the water on if I can't do any more. My girls will help with the hard stuff so I can provide them with food. I had a goat who loved my garden way too much but she moved to a younger family so now things may have a chance.

luckycharm
02-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Hello to all my HF friends.

Trish - Yahoo to your DH and your new router. Glad that you are back up and running. It is surprising how much a person uses the computer, you only know when you can't use it. Did you find any good deals in Walmart? I do need to go and get my eyes checked. I find that I have been getting alot of headaches lately. Hope that you picked out some fashionable glasses for your DH! :lol:

Jane - :balloons: give the girls a Happy Birthday hug from me. Did you do anything special? How was the movie? Was there lots of squeeling girls? How old are they? I want to plant a garden this year. I hope that you are up for a lot of stupid questions, as this will be my first attempt.

Victoria - They are Yorkshire Terrier puppies. I am so glad that we only have 1 left. He has had 2 seisures, both on a Saturday afternoon, 1 week apart. Although my hubby thinks that he saw 1 more. The vet has called a couple times to see if he has had anymore. Thankfully he has not. :fingerscrossed: I did not know that puppies could have seisures. Sounds like you have some helpful daughters. You had a goat? We had goats. I loved them, they are just as good pets as dogs, but a little more troublesome. We had a stray dog that came into our yard and killed them.

CG - How is your day going? I hope that you are able to find your rice. When is your WI? Any big plans for your weekend? I have heard of Trader Joe's but never seen one. Is it a big grocery store? or more of an organic store? Hope that you find some good deals.

Hello to everyone else out there lurking and just looking for a place to come and join our little group.

:hug: to everyone

Jane
02-28-2009, 10:06 AM
It's close enough to start the March thread. See you there! :)