Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds - January Daily Check In

cathyxxx
01-01-2009, 10:34 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
hope everybody has a great day! I hope to get in a real walk after lunch at my mom's house today. I will definitely post it if I get it in. hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
01-01-2009, 10:37 AM
bumping this up to the top :wave:

short & sassy
01-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey Cathy, remember me, it's been a few years since we talked. I live in Shreveport and we use to talk online when 3fatchicks had a chat room.

How have you been? I'm still struggling to get the weight off. I dropped about 28 lbs last year, put 5-10 back on...so now I'm starting the new year by joining the gym. I'm hoping to get off what I gained back and then some.

Have a good walk with your mom!

Ruthxxx
01-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi Cathy and S&S. Long time! :hug: :hug:

This thread popped up on new posts and reminded me that I have a "virgin" WATP tape that is going to be initiated today.

short & sassy
01-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Ruth, yes it has been a long time! Well, time to put that "virgin" WATP to work for you! LOL Truth is, I have alot of "virgin" weightloss items laying around! Guess I ought to take my own advice! Have a good day and a happy new year!

cashmgrccm
01-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Hello ladies!

I'm new to the board here....hope you don't mind! I too have a virgin WATP dvd that I'm going to use today!

blackdove95
01-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey guys! Life's been crazy, but I'm making my goal that, aside from afflictions to the feet (like blisters), I'm going to do at least ONE mile a day. That has helped me, at least, maintain my metabolism, but I'm sure on days when I have more time, I'll bump it up to two or three.

Happy 2009 for you all! *hug*

WithFaith50
01-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone! I thought that I would be extremely sore today after going from no exercise for months to doing 3 miles yesterday...but, I'm not! I feel pretty good actually. So, my exercise resolution is to do at least 10 miles per week.

May we all have a fantastic 2009! :carrot:

cathyxxx
01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
HEY GANG :wave:

short & sassy - of course I remember you!!! it's great to see ya on here! I wish I could go for a walk with my mom but poor thing is having so much trouble she was doing good to stand long enough to cook today. I pooped out and didn't get around to walking, but I had everything in my car to do it. oh well, maybe i'll do better tomorrow but I absolutely have to get all these Christmas decorations up and out of here.

Ruth - gosh it's good to see ya too! Did I tell you that the reason there are 3 x's on the end of my name is bec of you LOL when I went to reregister here as Cathy, there was already a Cathy (that i think was actually me but we couldn't get that straightened out) and I had to come up with something so I just added 3 x's to the end of my name like yours. LOL so how have you been doing?

Hey Cash - WELCOME! we are thrilled to have you here and walking with us. let us know how you are doing.

Hey Blackdove - congrats on walking even with blisters!

Hey WithFaith - thanks so much for the email! and that's great that you aren't sore today!

hope everybody has a good nite! hugs!

Butterfly50
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I Love Watp and I jest went out and bought me another video today but I was wondering if any one has the Walk and Tone Belt? I was wondering if it is a adjustable in size and what would that be . I would love to get me one. But would hate to spend the money and then Can"t wear it.:)

Shoshie
01-02-2009, 12:46 AM
I love Walk Away The Pounds and do the two mile regularly.:) I am in Australia.

short & sassy
01-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Good morning,

Hey Cathy, sorry you didn't get your walk in. I'm going to the gym this afternoon, I'm hoping to get a 1 1/2 on the treadmill. Time to get moving on my 2009 goals!

2ndChance09
01-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Well yesterday I only did 1.5 miles of the 3 mile but I am trying to tell myself that even if I don't finish the whole video I am at least doing some exercise which is a big improvement from doing nothing!!

Today I really want to finish the whole 3 miles though! :)

WithFaith50
01-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Hi everyone! I have completed the WATP 4-mile Express Super Challenge! Huffing & puffing, but I did it! Yaaay!

That's a total of 7 miles this week...3 more to go! :D

WithFaith50
01-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Well yesterday I only did 1.5 miles of the 3 mile but I am trying to tell myself that even if I don't finish the whole video I am at least doing some exercise which is a big improvement from doing nothing!!

Today I really want to finish the whole 3 miles though! :)

2ndChance09: I just recently started back exercising too. I think your doing 1.5 miles is great! I completed the 4 mile dvd today, but that was by pacing myself very carefully, not incorporating all of the arm movements, and doing the low intensity version of movements. I also walked in place when I needed a breather and sipped water throughout. So, take your time and don't overdo. :)

Thunder Thighs
01-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello! I've been extremely busy and LAZY. I haven't walked since before Thanksgiving. I know, I'm bad. I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time since before the holidays and to my shock I actually lost .2 pounds! I know that's not much but I was sure that I gained a few (or more) pounds. I went back home to TX for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving, then down to Lafayette for the Christmas parade (that was so much fun! it was our first time being in a parade), then back to TX for Christmas with the in-laws, then finally back home for Christmas with my family. I had planned on starting back with Leslie this morning but had a little mishap with a dog toy and hurt my foot. I'm starting back tomorrow though and hope to reach my first 10 pound loss goal in a few weeks.

2ndChance09
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Well I still have yet to do my 3 miles today. I am working on getting the kiddos to bed and then am going to tackle it. Sometimes if I exercise at night I have trouble going to bed but I am not a morning person so night seems to work best for me. A few times I have been able to get my girls to do it with me but they are 2 and 4 so they get distracted easily!

2ndChance09
01-03-2009, 02:50 AM
I finished my 3 miles about an hour ago. It felt really good. Some days I love doing it and others I really have to force myself through it. Luckily this was a day where it was fun!

Thunder Thighs
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
A few times I have been able to get my girls to do it with me but they are 2 and 4 so they get distracted easily!

My kids are 3, 4, and 6 and they love doing it with me! Of course they don't do the whole thing though, LOL.

cathyxxx
01-03-2009, 05:16 PM
good afternoon gang :wave:

yesterday we took down Christmas decorations and put them up which took several trips up and down to the attic. It was a 6 hour chore and that was my exercise for the day.

today i cleaned house for 5 hours and that's my exercise for today.

hope everybody has a great weekend
hugs,
cathy

WithFaith50
01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I finished my 3 miles about an hour ago. It felt really good. Some days I love doing it and others I really have to force myself through it. Luckily this was a day where it was fun!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Way to go! Today is my off day. I'm going to try to get my walk done as early as possible tomorrow to met my weekly exercise goal...wish me luck!

WithFaith50
01-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Hello everyone! Just checking in. I was able to complete my weekly exercise goal of 10 miles with WATP (Leslie Sansone) ... I actually did 11 miles! :carrot:

It was really hard to do the work out today because my arthritis was killing me especially in my hips and knees. However by the time I got to 2 miles my joints were moving pretty freely (for me anyway, lol!), so I took two aspirin and kept at it. My plan for next week is:

Tuesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Saturday: 3 miles

Have a good week everyone!

cathyxxx
01-05-2009, 12:40 PM
hey gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning before work :running:

hope everybody has a great day! hugs, Cathy

2ndChance09
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone! Well last night I did my 3 miles again and am going to tackle it again this afternoon when I get my youngest down for a nap!

Shaanon
01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of leslie Sanson WAWTP..I lost 52lbs doing her 2mile tape 5x a week 2 years ago...I gained it all back though....no excuses just lazy...I just bought new ones, I got the 1 2 and 3 mile with the stretchy band..I'm starting off with the 1 miles..I'm going to do it this whole week and then start the 2 mile one next week..Man oh man..I use to breeze through the 2 mile back in the day, and the one mile made me sweat...can we say out of shape..anyhoo, when I put the dvd in, it was like seeing all my old friends... :) I hope, no, I will get back in the habit of doing the videos until I feel strong and healthy.....

WithFaith50
01-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Hello All. Today (or rather yesterday since it's after midnight, lol!) is my rest day. My hips are feeling better but my knee's are still killing me. Thank goodness I don't have any muscle soreness. Does anyone have any advice for me? As I've said before I do have rheumatoid arthritis in most of my major joints. My knees have both rheumatoid AND osteoarthritis. I don't want to stop walking. Has anyone on this thread have this (or something similar) happen? If so, can you please share how you dealt with.

Also, I like the idea of having a rest day between work outs (especially since I just started back exercising last week!), but would it be better to spread my weekly 10 mile goal over 5 workouts instead of 2?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shaanon: The more the merrier! Happy walking...:)
2ndChance09: Do you find it easier to split your workouts into morning and afternoon sessions? I wonder if that will work for me...:?:

bluemommy
01-06-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm back on 3fc and hopefully will have a success story this time. i did watp for the past 2 days, 2 miles each day. i hope to work my way back up to 3 miles daily.

WithFaith50
01-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Hello gang! What a difference 16 hours, rest, cold/heat packs, and pain killers make, LOL. I was able to complete 4 miles today. The double kick backs were a killer, but I did every last one of them! I'm going to "pre-treat" my knees tonight with cold/heat so maybe I won't have severe knee pain tomorrow.

Welcome bluemommy! :wave:

Good walking everyone! :dust:

blackdove95
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
So far, my goal of doing a mile a day (or it's equivalent) is going well! On Saturday, I did three miles. Yesterday, I did two!

yay! Hope you're all well!

looloo86
01-07-2009, 04:28 AM
hi gals i love walking too and i'd like to join you .
there's a little problem its my treadmill it reads in kms not miles i;ll try to convert them before posting

Shaanon
01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
So far so good. I'm still only doing the 1 mile walk.. I know I could do the 2 Mile, but I don't want to push myself to hard..I want to ease back into it..I think next week I will alternate the 1 mile and 2 mile, then the week after that I will consistantly do the 2 mile.....Man, it feels so good to be exercising again....I'm also doing WW and so far so good..staying in my points, eating lots of good food and feeling great! I always think, why would I want to go back to eating junk and not exercising knowing how good being healthy makes you feel.....

Good walking ladies...Lets keep on keepin on!

Daimere
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I did 1 mile!

cathyxxx
01-08-2009, 03:29 PM

and WELCOME to all the new walkers and posters! I look forward to walking with everybody :running:

I've had a stomach bug all week and today is the first day I feel human again. I plan to walk in the morning and will post after I do.

I hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

Jayme31
01-08-2009, 10:34 PM
I`m back around the boards,,, been doing the 1 mile all week, tryin to get back into the swing of things after a GREAT holiday season:)

Jan5-8th/09 - 1 mile video each day!!!

I was doing the 2 mile before the holidays but i am tired lately and in the home stretch of the pregnancy (36wks) and feelin extra HUGE! It seems to take everything in me to do the 1mile,, so i`ll just being doing the 1mile til after my c-section recovery!

Hope everyone had a great holiday:)

WithFaith50
01-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I got 4 miles in yesterday :carrot::carrot:. That makes a total of 8 this week...2 more miles to go...

Have a great weekend everyone...

:)

cathyxxx
01-10-2009, 01:43 PM

I just did 3 miles. I used the Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles. I could really tell that I had been sick all week bec those were the longest miles of my LIFE!!!! but I got thru it.

everybody is doing great with all their walking!
YOU GO GIRLS!!!

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

Jayme31
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Cathy: i know how you feel,, i started back to doing the videos this past week, after a 2.5 wk "break" and i was previously up to the 2mile but i am back at 1mile and its taking everything in me to do it!!

anyways, another 1mile walked today,, total this week = 5 miles: )

OnTargetforLife
01-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Hello all,

Hope you won't mind my joining in. I have been doing the WATP "Walk With Me" 1 mile walk for a couple of weeks now.

I feel ready to progress and purchased a new video with a 1 mile walk and resistance training with the toning band.

Should I alternate the walk and resistance training on opposite days at least starting out?

AlphaGal
01-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Hello All,
Glad to see so many other chickies doing the WATP. I was doing Leslie's 1-mile cardio blast everyday (sometimes her 2 mile) up through Christmas Eve. I had my beautiful baby girl 12/27 via c-section, and since then have just been walking my dog. But I'm very much looking forward to getting back into my daily routine with Leslie. I never did the vid with weights, but am going to start.

WithFaith50
01-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Morning ladies...I'm just popping in to report that I completed another 4 Mile Express Super Challenge on Saturday for a total of 12 miles for last week! :D :carrot: :D

cathyxxx
01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey gang :wave:

I did 3 miles this morning. I used the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk and did the 1st, 3rd & 4th miles.

OnTargetForLife - we are thrilled to have you join us here!

AlphaGal - CONGRATS on your new baby girl! she is absolutely beautiful! that's awesome that you are able to walk the dog already!

WithFaith - CONGRATS on another 4 miles! you are a Walkin Woman these days! awesome!

hope everybody has a great :running: day!
hugs,
cathy

cathyxxx
01-14-2009, 12:21 PM

I did 2 miles this morning! I used the Walking Down Your Blood Sugar dvd.

hope everybody is :running:
hugs,
cathy

OnTargetforLife
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi all,

I am still walking a mile every day.

Ready to progress but unsure which DVD to purchase next. Any thoughts? :?:

Deb

OnTargetforLife
01-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Cathy I meant to tell you that I was so happy to see that you were still here.

I have learned so much from your posts on thyroid disease.

I have a genetic resistance to thyroid hormone and do not uptake or convert T4 to T3 correctly.

I am always severely hypothyroid clinically despite mega doses of thyoid hormone. I have tried synthroid, cytomel and most recently armour thyroid with little or no success. :(

The good news is despite all that I appear to be losing well at least so far. :carrot:

Deb

cathyxxx
01-14-2009, 09:08 PM
hey deb :wave: i'm glad to help in any way i can. i'm glad that something i said helped in some way. have you checked out the info at www.stopthethyroidmadness.com? the info there might be a big help to you!

also are you a member of the yahoo thyroid groups? there are a lot of very knowledgeable people there that might be able to help you too.

how much Armour are you now taking?

about the dvds I really like the new 5 mile Fat Burning Walk, and I also like all of the Walk Slim dvds, and the older 5 Mile Walk. To me on those 5 mile dvds you get a lot of variety and you can pick 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 miles - whatever you want to do. I also like the Heart Healthy Walk and Walking Down your Blood Sugar which are both 2 miles each. I like a lot of her dvds - can ya tell? lol

Let me know if I can help with any of the thyroid info.
have a good nite,
cathy

OnTargetforLife
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
I actually went back to taking just the synthroid since no matter how much circulating T4 I have the uptake is still diminished. I had hoped that my receptor sites would do better with the more natural hormone molecule but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I really need to find another endo. One that specializes in the genetic variants of the disease.

Thank you for the advice on the groups tho. I used to belong to some of them and may check them out again to see if there is any new info. I was diagnosed at age 12 and have been a nurse for 20 + years so sadly not much is new. :D

Those DVD's sound great! Just the guidance that I was looking for.

Thanks again Cathy.

Deb

WithFaith50
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Hello ladies! I did a 4 mile Super Challenge yesterday (to make up for Monday's missed work out) and the "Walk Slim Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles" today which puts me back on track for the week...HURRAY!!

BTW...In the Biggest Loser last night, Jerry said something about going from being sedentary to walking 10-12 per day in the short time (2 weeks?) that he had been there. Is this really feasible to walk 10-12 per day on a regular basis?

Have a great week everyone! :D

cathyxxx
01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
hey deb - if you don't convert T4 to T3, how are you getting any T3 then while taking synthroid? are you adding cytomel??? it is really important to get the T3 that you need, but I'm sure you know that. just checking :-)
cathy

cathyxxx
01-15-2009, 12:12 PM
WithFaith - that sure wouldn't be feasible for me!!! I mean even if I didn't work and had nothing else to do and had plenty of time to walk 3 hours a day, that would be really hard on a body I think. That's something that sort of bugs me about The Biggest Loser - it is so unrealistic when it comes to exercising - I mean even those people on the show can't continue working out like that when they get back to regular life. oh well, that's my 2 cents worth ;-)

Michele L
01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Hello, walkers! I've been away from this forum for a couple of months, but have re-committed, like most people do in January! I ordered the 5 mile Fat Burner and it arrived on Tuesday. I'm home on a snow day (due to FRIGID temps of -24 with -50 windchill), so I popped it in today and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! The music is so much fun and energizing! The time just FLIES by! I can see myself doing at least 1 mile from this one everyday!!

I'm also waiting for 3 other new ones (that just shipped)! 5k With a Twist, The Big Burn and Walk This Way are on their way to my house--YIPPEE!!!

Glad to see some familiar (Cathy) and new faces--Leslie's walks are so much fun! I just need to remember that and MAKE the time to walk!

OnTargetforLife
01-15-2009, 02:41 PM
I have about a half a thumb nail of thyroid tissue left that is functional so I am still getting a minimal amount of T3. Also some of my receptor sites are functional.

At any given time my free T3 and T4 are very high but my bound hormone is very low.

The conversion defect exists but it is driven by a pronounced receptor site defect. So it is really two problems. Poor uptake of thyroid hormone and poor conversion.

OnTargetforLife
01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
I think I am going to buy that 5 mile CD as well Michelle. I didn't realize that you could stop the work out at each of the mile markers.

cbmare
01-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I, too, am back after a few months away. I had some knee problems again and couldn't work out. However, I'm going home from work and rather than watch All My Children and play computer games, I'm going into the back room and doing a workout. I've been doing the 14 minute miles. I also just bought a Wii system. So, on Wed. I did a 14 minute mile and bowled. Thurs. I did the 14 minute total body mile and boxed. I thought my knuckles were going to drag the ground.

I hope I can get off work early today so I can do that 14 minute mile again. That one was fantastic!

2ndChance09
01-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Hello everyone! The past two days I have done my 3 mile WATP dvd's and I feel great!

cathyxxx
01-16-2009, 03:50 PM

GOSH IT'S GOOD TO SEE YA MICHELE & MARE!!!! i've been missing y'all!

Michele - the new 5 mile fat burning walk is also one of my new favorites! I absolutely love it too!

2ndChance Liz - you are doing great! congrats on 6 more miles!

This morning I did 2 miles (i almost forgot to come here and post it today - where is my mind???) I used the new Heart Healthy Walk.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
01-17-2009, 03:17 AM
I couldn't get off work early and had to do some grocery shopping before I came home. I was so bummed. Despite the big ole honking bandage on boobalah's hand, he started the meat browning for the taco salad while I got in another 14 minute mile. I then progressed to 2 rounds of Wii boxing. I would have gone 3 but I cold cocked the guy and won. I then played tennis and a little baseball. The new hasn't worn off of the Wii.

Bev
01-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Mind if i join you ladies.

I decided yesterday it was time to start using my leslie workouts again. I have had two knee surgeries and will be having a third one this year so I really need to be carefull. I also hurt my lower back so it has not been a good week. All this and I am only 41. I feel so old.

Yesterday I did walk slim 2 mile
today I did walk slim 4 really big miles ( I only did 3 miles though)

Bev

cathyxxx
01-17-2009, 01:48 PM
happy happy saturday gang :wave:

I just did 5 miles!!!! I used the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk. I don't think I've ever done 5 miles before. I've done 4 miles lots of times when I had the time, but this is a first and I'm pumped :strong:

Welcome Bev - it's great to have ya here! sounds like you're gonna have to be careful. congrats on the miles.

hope everybody has an awesome weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Michele L
01-17-2009, 05:54 PM
:bravo: Cathy! I LOVE the new 5 mile Fat Burner! I did it all again this morning! Time just flies by and before you know it, you're DONE!!

Bev
01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Where did you find 5 mile Fat Burner? I can't find it anywhere.

Bev

OnTargetforLife
01-17-2009, 08:10 PM
Me either Bev. I looked everywhere today for that one.

Deb

Bev
01-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok, I just ordered 5 mile fat burning from deepdiscount.com for 6.82 with free shipping.

blackdove95
01-17-2009, 09:25 PM
It's great to see all the new and familiar walkers in this thread. Welcome and hi! :) Hope you're all well!

Wanted to update you, even tho I suck in coming here every day to tell you, but I'm still doing my seven miles a week! I'm amazed that that hasn't slipped yet. It feels really good to keep the metabolism up, and Leslie just feels like an old friend who keeps me motivated (as well as all of you)!

Happy walking! :)

cbmare
01-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I didn't do Leslie today. Once I got the Wii Fit set up, it took a while to get through all the first stage stuff. I'm a bit tired and worn out now.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

WithFaith50
01-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Hello all...I will probably not be post for about a week. My father-in-law passed away a few hours ago, so I will be focusing on the needs of my family for a little while. Keep us in your prayers...

Have a great week everyone...Charlene

cathyxxx
01-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Charlene - I am so sorry for your loss! I will be praying for your family! hugs & prayers,
Cathy

blackdove95
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Charlene, so sorry to hear what happened. I'm sending positive vibes to you and your family in this time of need. *hug*

OnTargetforLife
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
You will be in my family's prayers as well. :hug:

Deb

cathyxxx
01-19-2009, 10:13 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I did 2 miles this morning. I used the old 5 mile walk advanced. I did the 13 minute fast mile and then I did the 15 minute booster mile with 2 lb handweights in each hand.
here's the dvd I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansones-Walk-At-Home/dp/B000QCU516/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1232373814&sr=8-2

Michele, please let me know how you like the new ones once you get them and try them.

hugs,
Cathy

Bev
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I did three miles from the 5 mile advanced workout.

Bev

cbmare
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I did a 20 minute walk yesterday. I hope to get off work early today and get in another one before I attack the wii fit again.

cathyxxx
01-20-2009, 10:46 AM

I did 3 miles this morning. I used the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk dvd....and I feel good :cb:

hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I had to work late yesterday so I didn't get a workout in. I really hope I can get off early today. I need a workout. My SIL died last night and I really want to work off some stress.

cathyxxx
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Hey Mare - I'm so sorry about your SIL! I will be praying for you and your family! hugs & prayers, Cathy

cbmare
01-20-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks, Cathy. boobalah was pretty shocked when he got the call this morning.

OnTargetforLife
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Here is my plan thru my next weigh in on Friday:

Friday 1/16 1 mile Done! :carrot:
Sat 1/17 1 mile Done! :carrot:
Sun 1/18 1 mile Done! :carrot:
Mon 1/19 1 mile with toning belt Done! :carrot:
Tues 1/20 1 mile with toning belt Done! :carrot:
Weds 1/21 1 mile with toning belt Done! :carrot:
Thurs 1/22 1 mile with toning belt Done! :carrot:

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Deb

cathyxxx
01-21-2009, 11:33 AM

i am sad to report that i slept in this morning instead of walking, but i wanted to let y'all know that our Sam's Club has the 5 mile Fat Burning Walk for $8.88. Some of y'all had mentioned trying to find that dvd so if you haven't already ordered it you might want to check out your Sam's Club and see if they have it too.

hugs,
Cathy

cbmare
01-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I did indeed leave work early yesterday. I did a 20 minute mile with weights. I really needed that walk.

OnTargetforLife
01-21-2009, 02:53 PM
I will try the Sam's in Louisville.

cbmare
01-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I managed to get in the Walk With Me walk yesterday.

blackdove95
01-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Still doing my thing... I did the three miles w/ the belt b/c I don't know if I'll wanna do it on a Friday, so Saturday will be two miles to catch up. I'm really liking this goal of seven miles a week. Almost a month done and loving it!

PeatrixPotter
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
HI there,

So do you need a treadmill to do this or are you just walking in place?

Thanks!

cbmare
01-23-2009, 02:08 AM
I came home and did one of the 5 day walk slim 14 minute miles. Then I harrassed my Wii Fit board and program.

cbmare
01-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, my goodness! You ladies aren't very chatty.

I got up and did day 2 of the week long 14 minute miles. Then I tortured myself on my Wii Fit.

OnTargetforLife
01-24-2009, 12:41 AM
1/23 Rest
1/24 2 miles WATP Done (Tough but I did it!)
1/25 2 miles WATP with toning belt (not done, sidelined with back injury from 1/24) =(
1/26 1 miles WATP no toning band Done!
1/27 2 miles WATP with toning band Not done. Flu bug =(
1/28 1 miles WATP with toning band
1/29 2 miles WATP with toning band

I am going to increase my distance by a mile at least 4 days this week.

looloo86
01-24-2009, 12:35 PM
HI there,

So do you need a treadmill to do this or are you just walking in place?

Thanks!

i have the same question.i also think its like a workout dvd or smth cuz they always mention a name :D

OnTargetforLife
01-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Nope, no treadmill needed. :woops:

This is a in-home walking system that utilizes variations of marching in place, side steps, leg kicks and knee lifts.

There are accessories that you can use along with the system. Hand weights, toning band etc but they aren't needed to see a result. Especially at first or if you are just starting a exercise program.

Hope that helps!
Deb

cathyxxx
01-24-2009, 04:02 PM
good afternoon gang :wave:

I cleaned for 6 hours today and that is my exercise for the day ;)

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
cathy

darindkny
01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
My 1st post here - I walk for exercise and just started WATP, which I love. I have the 1 & 2 mile walk diet and just got the 3 mile express from a friend. Which one would be best to try next? Thank you for your help.

WithFaith50
01-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Hello ladies,

My DFIL's funeral was yesterday, so I realized that I could no longer justify not eating OP and not exercising. I forced myself to do the WATP 4 mile Super Challenge and ended up actually enjoying it!

My exercise plan for next week is:

Monday: 4 miles
Tuesday: REST
Wednesday: 4 miles
Thursday: REST
Friday: 4 miles
Saturday: REST
Sunday: 4 miles

Weekly Total: 16 miles!

Wish me luck...:dust:

Thunder Thighs
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello! I haven't checked in in a long time because, well, I've lost my motivation. Part of my problem is I really don't like the DVD I have. So I'm here to ask for recomendations! I have the 4 fast miles (pretty sure that's it, came from Walmart). I just started working out a few months ago after having an office/desk job for 10 years so I'm totally out of shape. The 4 miles kicks my butt (I barely make it to the water break) and the "boosted" walking...let's just say that as soon as I hear the transition music I want to kick the tv. I know I can slow it down a bit, but I don't want to! I want to keep up with what I see on the screen. I've noticed that a lot of you have a 5 mile fat burning one....can anyone compare this to the 4 fast miles?

BTW, I finally lost my first 10 pounds!! Took me 3 months, but I wasn't working out for most of that time. The first 3 weeks I walked almost every day, then the holidays came and my motivation left.

Michele L
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Well, Thunder Thighs, if you don't like the 4 Fast Miles, you probably won't like the 5 Mile Fat Burner. Every mile ends with 2 minutes of boosted walking (aka jogging). The pace throughout is also a bit faster. If you want something a bit slower, consider her new Walk This Way workout! It is a 2 mile walk and it doesn't have any jogging. The pace is nice and the music is decent. Another set I would recommend is any of her older Walk Away the Pounds stuff (either the original which uses weights, the Express, which uses a stretchie band or Abs, which uses an ab belt). You can do them even if you don't have the equipment, but I highly recommend those pieces of exercise equipment! Each of these come in a 1, 2 and 3 mile version and can usually be found in a set of all 3 for under $20.

Just my 2 cents......

Yesterday I did Walk This Way and enjoyed it. Tonight will not be good for walking, as I have to go to 2 kids' basketball games AND a Boy Scout Court of Honor!

ZetaMD2Be
01-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA this month, but it's great to see that all of you are doing so well!!! While I haven't been on 3FC, I have still been attempting to stick to my WW plan and I'm almost down 20lbs!! YIPPEE!! I promise to get back to working out and doing my fitness videos ASAP -- school's been preventing me from doing as I please lately.

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

cathyxxx
01-28-2009, 09:42 PM
hey gang - just wanted to pop in and say i'm still here. i've had one thing after the other, a stomach bug, and then throbbing teeth problems and now i've got the croup. I will get back on track soon! life has just gotten in the way....

Thunderthigh - congrats 10 lb weight loss! and Michele has given you awesome advice on the dvds!

Zeta - congrats on the 20 lbs gone! that is awesome! how do you like the new Momentum plan at ww? sounds like you are lovin' it ;)

everybody is doing great and i'll be back doing great soon too ;)
hugs,
cathy

ZetaMD2Be
01-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Hiya!

It's Thursday -- which means the week is almost over!!! I tried Crunch Cardio blast today -- it was ok. I don't know if I worked out as hard as I would with Leslie, but it's something to have for a day when you want a little variety.

Cathy -- the Momentum plan... I'll be honest, I've pretty much been ignoring it and going by the Flex plan guidelines. It doesn't seem like it's a lot different than the old plan. <shrugs> But I love WW because I can eat like a normal person without restrictions. It just forces you to make better food choices :)

Gym this weekend!

later ladies!

Thunder Thighs
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I did the warm up and miles 3 and 4 of my 4 fast miles dvd today. With about 5 minutes left, while doing the moving side steps, I stepped on a toy and twisted my ankle. So I'll be out for a few days. Grrrr, and I just got my motivation back!

Get well soon Cathy!

Shoshie
01-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi Ladies,

My name is Shoshie and I am 38 years old. I live in Australia. I love WATP!

It is summertime here, so I have been a little lazy with my walking in the last few weeks after being so good for months.

I usually do the two mile walks as that is all I can manage. I have Multiple Sclerosis.
I am going to get off my lazy backside and start again Feb 1st!

Thanks for the inspiration!:)

Shosh

Steelslady
01-30-2009, 02:59 PM
I just did the 3 mile walk. I am tired but feel good that I did it. I should have started with the one or two mile walk but I can't find them thanks to darling daughter who borrowed them and never gave them back. There in her mess of a room somewhere! :lol:

WithFaith50
01-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello...checking in...

I only did 8 miles this week (2 4-mile work outs). It seems like I can't get back to doing a workout every other day...

I hope you guys are meeting your goals...:)

Charlene

Scarletbegonias
01-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Its be a very long time since I've checked in, just a long time in general since Iíve actually been motivated to do anything. Last Saturday I started w/ the 2 miles from the Walk Slim and decided to up to 3 on Sunday, all last week I managed to get in 3 miles, today will be day 7 of the 3 miles and tomorrow I'm going to do the 4 miles! So I think I'm up to 21 miles for this week! YAY! This is excellent for me since I'll usually work out on the weekends then maybe one day during the week and then I fall off the wagon and just walk behind it. ;) I do have a question though, should I be eating before I start my exercising in the morning? I always eat breakfast after I'm done.

Thanks guys!

Steelslady
01-31-2009, 11:02 PM
"Sisters and Brothers in sweat" and I did 5 miles together today. :carrot:

kamesennin
02-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Hello! I missed the Jan thread--subbing for Feb.

cathyxxx
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM

I started up the February thread and you can find it at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2590519#post2590519

Please join us there and post your walking