Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 10:46 PM   #1  

Default hi ... im new here

hi ... im Christine L - or jusme ...

i am officially off my behind and doing something about it ..

i am 30 - 31 in june and i decided i cant live like this any longer.

i get out of breath simply walking up from doing laundry in my basement, short walks make me prespire (and we're talking SHORT walks - maybe 1 - 1.5 blocks!

on 04.22.02 i went on my lifestyle change ... started drinking mass quantities of crystal light (will be gradually going down to just plain water) eating lots of fruits and veggies and just generally watching what i ate. i got on the scale today and in those 2 weeks i lost 13 pounds.. which is quite a feat, but last week this time i was down 16 pounds ... so i gained 3 this week but i went totally off my plan - my DH and i went out to eat a TON (including fried chicken) ... so im back on track.

my highest weight that i've recorded is 388 lbs and that was in April - now im 375. i dont even know what my goal should be/could be... my goal for now is 299 on 09.02.02. thats a lot of weight to lose, but i think i can do it ...

the latest picture i have (that I'm willing to show) is from 08.01. Rick and I were in Paris at a restaurant we had to walk quite a distance to (hence my "shinyness") i was probably 360ish then, maybe more - i dont know.

so here goes ...

~jusme
388-375-299 - for now
Old 05-06-2002, 08:33 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi jusme

I like your picture. You have a very genuine (and beautiful) smile.

Can I encourage you to modify your goal? 76 lbs. by September 9 means an average weight loss of over 4.5 lbs. per week, which is pretty tough to maintain and can actually be unhealthy. Also, I know that if I miss a big goal like that, it tends to throw me into "screw this, I give up" mode.

Maybe a loss of 2 lbs. per week would be more realistic. I think, too, that the slower you lose it the less of a chance you'll have to put it back on.

Regardless, we're all here for you!

Jennelle
242.5/232/140
Old 05-06-2002, 08:54 AM   #3  

Hi and Welcome to our group. This is a great place to have while your traveling on your journey. As you know, it's a long and tough one. But so worth it.
I agree, you do have a beautiful smile. And if I must say, you carry your weight very well. You definatly don't look like what you say you weigh.
One of my dreams is to visit Paris one day. Did you love it?

Again..welcome. Make yourself at home. And congrats on the weightloss so far. You're on your way!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:18 AM   #4  

hello jusme my name is steven. very good to have you here with us.

i agree about your goal, that can be VERY unhealthy. at least thats what my dr told me when i was 18 and lost 58 pounds in just under 3 months. i basicaly starved myself that summer because i would wake up, go fishin (walking around the lake three times) then walking to my buddies place smoke a few bowls then we would walk back to my place grab our fishing stuff drive to some farm ponds and walk through the fields around the ponds. it was awful. id eat maybe 1 meal every couple days.

i would suggest, (any comments on this?), losing maybe 30 to 35 pounds in your time period. in order to stay on your goal, you need a reasonable weight loss total. because if your goal is real high, we tend to get discouraged more easily and more often when we accidently go off track or dont lose what we think we should.

i agree about your smile. just by your pic you seem like a fun nice person.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:14 AM   #5  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Welcome jusme, I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here, as well as concern, even when you don't want us to mother hen you to death I too have to agree that your goal is high enough to
[list=a][*]be VERY unhealthy...[*]set you off on a mega rampage binge if you don't attain it[/list=a]

At the very least with a goal like that, are you under advice of a doctor?

Anyways, I'll stop playing mommy now Good luck to you!
Old 05-06-2002, 10:58 AM   #6  

WELCOME

Glad to have you here. I'm just going to say that you should listen to all the above. They know what their talking about. You should recieve some great advice here and I hope you can give some as well.

Come here often and post. It almost always keeps me on track!!

Again welcome and I hope you like it here.

Bella23
Old 05-06-2002, 12:46 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Welcome!

Well you certainly have come to the right place for some support during your journey. This is a great bunch of guys and gals!!

Hope to see you posting about!!
Old 05-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #8  
Still Hanging Around:)

Default Welcome:)

Hope to get the chance to chat with you, jusme. I'm just coming back to the boards after a *LONG* (*too long*) absence.

The event that is in my sights is my 15-year class reunion in the summer of '03. I can't even begin to explain what it would mean to me to go there looking bodacious! LOL!!!! I thought I was "FAT" in high school..... but I would be excited to be that "Fat" now, kwim???

Hope you enjoy the boards
Sandi K.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:05 AM   #9  

HELLO, I'm pippy and I've only recently just come back after skulking away for way too long.

A big welcome, there isn't a better place to be when your in need of support and motivation everyone here is fantastic.
Congratulations on losing 13lbs in two weeks (what's the secret?) its brilliant, don't worry too much about the 2lb gain it'll soon be off, you sound like me I get a little too confident if I have a good loss and then find I've gained the next week but the most important thing is to brush it off its only a little blip and get back on track, those lbs will soon be falling off.

Sandi - I know if I looked the way I did at college when I thought I was fat I would be the happiest girl in the world!!

Love Pippy
xxx
Closed Thread