WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for January

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for January

jar1965
01-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hello all,
Please join us for plenty of talk, advice, help and just plain fun!
We follow WW plans and also have a weigh-in results thread and photo thread.

Happy New Year and lots of luck for 2009!

hugs~
jeanne

Tina
01-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello all,
Jeanne, thank you for starting our threads off this year!
You were an early riser today, getting us started. :)

I hope everyone had a good evening. Ours was very tame. We went out for Mexican food and then came home. We watched some dvds and played Yahtzee. We watched the eastern time zone and then waited an hour for our time zone.

:flow1:

jar1965
01-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Good Morning! Well it's officially here and thank goodness the festivities are over for awhile! Yesterday I snacked probably too much (I didn't keep track) and then last night we went to the in-laws for dinner. Lots of good food and cookies! I didn't go off the "deep end", but I did eat more than I should! I got up this morning to realize it's TOM! Urghhhhhh!
Well I have to do a load or two of laundry before I head to work, so I better scoot! Just wanted to check in and stay focused (& this helps me)!
Talk to you later! Have a great day!:cool:

jeanne

PS - I have had three dreams in two weeks that I have a baby?!?!?!? Oh my goodness! Maybe it's the cold medicine?!?!?!? :?:

Tina
01-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi all,
I think our members are still out-of-town or just still "on vacation." :D

I did good yesterday but have had a hard time of it today.

I hope everyone is having a great time. I can't believe that it's already 2009!!!

auntie
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi,

Well I got home from San Antonio. It was a good trip, fast and furious. Came back exhausted but I'd do anything for my mom and dad. I got to spend a lot of time with my older sister.

I got there on Friday and my Dad's sister (only surviving one had a heart attack. My older sister and I went to the hospital several times. She works in that hospital. My aunt is going to have a bypass and have a valve fixed. My parents just can't get to the hospital. It would be too hard on them getting in there, etc..... Surgery will be Monday and my sister will be working so that made my Dad feel better.

Pat's band played New Year's Eve. It was fun.

You will never guess what is happening again. His arm is numb.... He went to his doctor today and is on steriods and pain killers. I told him if it's not better by Monday, he HAS to call the neurosurgeon! I think he is afraid to call because he knows. His dr. said that he thinks it's the disk above the one that he had taken out several years ago.

I'm NOT ready for school to start again!!!!!

Tammy
01-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Hello! We are home, and I sure did miss my mattress! Last night was the best night's sleep I've had since before I went to the b&b with the girls. Our time in Georgia was wonderful. There are so many good memories there. I did check a couple places about possibly going next winter for a longer stay, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Jeanne, I giggled about your dreams!

Tina, I need to get my Yahtzee game out. I used to play it for hours. Tim and I played Trivial Pursuit several times while we were gone. Lots of laughs.

Susan, glad you were able to spend time in San Antonio. Let us know how your aunt's surgery goes. I think Pat needs to call the neurosurgeon. I wouldn't be ready for school either!!

Hello to everyone else!

Tina
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi all,
It's beautiful here.....a normal Texas winter. :)

Tammy, I'm so glad you had such a good time. It's just what you needed.
We have an old Trivial Pursuit game (the first one) that I should get out for us to play. Ouch, to the bad mattress.

Susan, I'm also sorry about your aunt. I'm glad your sister will be there. Do keep up informed.
Now about Pat----get that stubborn man to the neurosurgeon!!!!! He's going to end up like Larry, if he doesn't do something SOON!

Jeanne, it sounds like that was a nightmare. :lol: How is your cough? I hope it's better.

Dori, when does school start? Oops :o sorry to remind you of such things. :lol:

Maureen, how were the interviews you had on Friday?????

Kathy and Jen, please post!

maureen kempster
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello everyone
well, starting week 3 eating vegan-still not too bad-but have to start getting serious about the weight loss-I need to lose at least 20 lbs but I can do it-my friday interview went okay I think-they will have me go through a security clearance so that will enable me to work in the federal government-on monday I'm going to call the language training school and see about enrolling in classes of french as a second language-I need all the help I can get - and Ottawa is a very bilingual city.

Tammy-glad you had a good holiday-
Susan-get your man to the doctor
Tina-hello-
hello to everyone

take care
maureen

jar1965
01-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope ya all had a great weekend! We went out to eat last night (AGAIN) with my brother & his family. They live 2 hours away, so when we get the opprotunity, we go. Anyways it was Italian. Bucca de Beppo! Anyone ever hear of it? Well, it was the first time we had been there. The servings are HUGE! I knew we were going out so I stayed OP or below all day. But, what I did eat, still seemed heavy.

Tina - glad you are having such nice weather. It's been cold here. But, it's suppose to be cold here!:D It has been sunny the last two days, which makes things better. I am still coughing! I think I'll call the doctor tom. morning.

Tammy - morning! We are Yahtzee feens here. We never put it away and we (honestly) play a couple of times a week. I even have the hand held one. We like to play 500 too! Bob always beats me up bad in Trival Prusuit!

Maureen - Hi! So glad things are moving along for you! I have a friend who is from Montreal. She has lived here about 6 years. Anyways, she is fluent in both french & english. She has also said that Ottawa is very bilingual! Good luck with that!

Susan - hi! I am sorry about your aunt. I hope everything goes ok. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and got to visit your parents. I'm with the other girls............get Pat to the doctor!!!!

Dori - Hi! Let us know how you are doing??????!!!!!!;)

Hi Jen & Kathy!

Well gotta run. Doing laundry, drinking my coffee and workingfrom 12-5 today!!!! I'm usually off on Sundays but.....................

Have a good day!
jeanne

Tina
01-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning all,
I too am calling my doctor's office tomorrow. I'm having the same discomfort in my tummy that I had years ago when I had a hernia. With all the lifting and stuff I've done for a year, I shouldn't be surprised that I have another. (Larry hasn't been able to do a thing, lifting-wise, until now.)
I've felt really crummy for a whole week.

On a lighter note---Bucca de Beppo-yes, we have one here. We went when it opened several years ago. Wow to the portion sizes.:o:o:o We ordered bread pudding for dessert. Out came this humongous thing that looked like a giant meatloaf. :lol:

I've got to run as it's time for church. More talk later.
Have a great day!!!

O2Bthin
01-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Jeanne - thank you for the welcome. I am so glad I found this website. I've only been dieting for one week and this site has been so encouraging. I'm doing WW and it hasn't been hard at all. My WI is usually Monday, but I weighed this morning and I'm down 3lbs. That made my day! I'm determined to do it this time and look at this as a life change and not a diet.

We can do this and we will!

Tina
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Happy Monday, I hope ;)

Kathy, I'm so glad you like the WW plan.

Susan, how is your aunt doing? Let us know. Did school start today or is it tomorrow?

Jeanne, did you recover from the Italian restaurant? :lol:

Tammy, was Maurice happy to get home? Now, is Tim taking some courses from home this semester?

Dori, has school started for you?

Maureen, any more interviews this week? David's contract job just ended. I hope his HeadHunters find him something else soon!

I talked to the nurse about my tummy problem. She's going to ask the gyn if he wants to see me or just send me on to a surgeon to see. Yuck!!!

auntie
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi,
My aunt's surgery went well. She had to have 8 units of blood (that's alot) but they said that was normal, plus she had lost some prior to the surgery. She had the 2 blockages bypassed and then the valve repaired. I don't think any of us slept well last night. My sister that is the nurse kept going down to check on her. Right before she left, she went to see her and said that my aunt looked good. Plus one of my sister's friends is her nurse so she felt good about that.

I know my Daddy was relieved.

Now for my stubborn husband....... still not alot better but some. Hasn't called the doctor. If you hear a man screaming, it's because I've knocked him up side the head!!!

I went to the orthopedic surgeon today. I felt much better about him than I did the other doctor I went too. He said the recovery would take some time but I would have 3 days, that I needed to stay off my foot. 3 weeks of babying my foot and staying off as much as possible and then at 6 weeks I can do anything as long as it doesn't hurt. I went ahead and scheduled it for June 10. I know it's early but I know he said that a lot of teachers book for the summer. That will give me a few days to be able to go down and see my folks too.

Oh my goodness, food was not a good thing today. I had pizza for lunch and picked up a hamburger for Pat on the way home from school, so I got me onion rings. What a bad girl!!

jar1965
01-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Morning Ladies! Still OP!!! I've had a pretty good week overall. But, with this terrible cold/cough I haven't gotten any exercise whatsoever! We'll see Thursday! I'm taking today off and working Saturday because I didn't get any sleep from coughing all night. Urgh.............

Susan - I'm glad your aunts surgery went well. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Tina - yea, I recovered! But there are still leftovers in the fridge. I'll throw those out today. ewwwww.

Kathy - I'm glad you like the WW plan too! 3# down!!!! Thats super!:carrot: Keep up the good work!

Talk to you ladies later. I'm going to have a cup of tea!

jeanne

Ladybug2680
01-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Hello all. My first day back at work was yesterday. The students come back tomorrow. :)

Susan - Glad that your aunt's surgery went well.

Jeanne - Congrats for still being OP. You go girl.

Kathy - I'm glad that you like the site and you found us. We enjoy having you with us.

Tina - Hope your tummy feels better soon.

Tammy - Glad that you had a wonderful time here in GA. Jekyll Island is simply beautiful. Perhaps next time we can actually meet up.

Not much happening this way. I'm participating in the Biggest Loser Challenge here on 3FC and also a weight loss challenge at my school. On top of this my church is doing the Daniel Fast. They started Jan 1 and will do it for 21 days. I must be honest and say that I haven't been doing all that well. I have decided that I will start today and go for 21 days. Lord help me. No meat, bread, or sugar for 21 days. I'm know I can do it, it just takes will power.

Well I must get back to work. Talk to you all later.

Tina
01-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Dori, thank you very, very much for mentioning my tummy. I don't like doctors and certainly don't like the thought of surgery. :o
I've never heard of the Daniel fast. You can do it! Just think of all those healthy fruits and veggies you can eat. :lol:

Susan, I'm happy your aunt is out of surgery.

jar1965
01-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Ahhhhhhh! I'm sooooo sick! Going to the doctors this morning. I have to get some relief from this cough!

Hope everyone is having a great week! It's over the hump day! Good Luck with WI's tomorrow.

jeanne

Tina
01-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Jeanne, I'm so sorry your're still sick. :hug:
Let us know what the doctor says and does.

Tina

jar1965
01-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi! I have Bronchitis (MS). I am heading to the hospital this afternoon to confirm with chest exrays. She gave me 2cc's of steriod because the spazams are so severe and a breathing treatment. Then she wrote me out three perscriptions. I yi yi!!:( I feel pretty crapy but I did come into work for a little bit. I have to do payroll. I don't think my boss was thrilled that I am missing work again. Remember I missed 11 days when I was fighting with that darn diverticulosis!

I'll post more later.

jeanne

jar1965
01-08-2009, 06:31 AM
HI! Hi! Hi! I have exciting & good news!!!!! I lost 5# this week~!:carrot::carrot:

I hope ya'all had a great week too! Let us know!!!

~jeanne

auntie
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Yea!!! Jeannie!!!!! How are you feeling?

Tina, you get to feeling better too!!! Hope you don't have to have surgery!

Tina
01-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Hi all,
Jeanne, I'm so sorry you're so sick. Yippee on that loss!
Susan, how is your aunt doing, and Pat???
Maureen, have you had any more interviews? I took four years of French in school. I still remember some words. :)
Dori, how is school?
Tammy, stay warm up there. Does Maurice mind the cold? (Silly question, I guess.)
I go see a general surgeon next Thursday. I'll let y'all know what I find out.

jar1965
01-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Thanks girls! I'm still sooooo excited about the loss! And..........as far as my bronchitis, things are breaking up and at least I can breathe without feeling like I'm going to collapse! My chest has been so heavy and breathing was so difficult. But.....I'm on the road to recovery! Woohooo!

Well, gotta scoot! I have to work today and tomorrow I'm off for my birthday! Thank goodness. I need the two days in a row off!

Have a fantastic friday!

~jeanne

Tina
01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
:bday2you: Jeanne

Have a wonderful day and feel better!!!!!

jar1965
01-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Thank you thank you! :hug:

auntie
01-10-2009, 09:25 PM
:bday2::bday2::bday2you::celebrate: Hope you have had a great day!!! Jeanne!!!! Glad you are feeling better too!!!

Tina, How are you feeling?

Tammy, all I can say is BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! It's too cold up there for me!

Dori, Our school has a Biggest Loser group going too. I decided not to join this semester. I did the first 6 weeks. Our group won! Then the second 6 weeks we were suppose to have a partner, my partner wasn't too into it. So I decided not to do this time.

Maureen, how are you doing? How is the french going?

My aunt is now in a regular room, they got her up today to walk for the first time. She is doing really well.

Pat had his MRI and they said "your neck is a mess." Nice huh? Now he goes on the 22nd for the nerve test. I'm hoping that he can get something done about it. He still says "I think I've just strained something" I think that is DENIAL!!! :)

jar1965
01-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Yesterday was a nice, quiet day. We had a snow storm and malls and restraunts closed. So, we had Rigatoni and Meatballs & I made a loaf of frozen bread. NO CAKE! Good family!;) We had bought a box of 2 Point WW Brownies............so we each had one of those! Delicious and perfect for the occasion!

Tina - Has your doctor mad a diagnosis yet? Are you still thinking it is the hernia from your past?

Dori - Good Luck with the Biggest Loser Challenge on 3FC. Please keep me posted! I wish we had one where I work. I'd join in a heartbeat! Not too mention........all the ladies I work with are skinny! Really! I've never heard of Daniel Fast. No meat, sugar or bread........I could handle that. BELIEVE it or not......I really don't eat many of those things!

Susan - I'm glad Pat finally got checked. Now maybe they can start to treat him and he can feel better. Good Luck with the Biggest Loser Challenge at school!

Tammy - Hi! Are you surviving the snow over there? We ended up with 9". A half hour north of us got 10". But then we got freezing rain last night! Oh, Thurs., Fri., Sat., it's suppose to be 7 - 13 degrees. THATS IT!!! Stay warm.

Well I'm hosting a tea party/baby shower on Feb. 1 so I have been collecting pretty tea cups from thrift stores, antique stores and friends. I washed them all yesterday and they are ALL OVER my kitchen, so I should go up and do something with them before my family wakes up and wants breakfast! I have laundry to catch up too! So...........You guys have a great Sunday! It's a BIG football day here in Pittsburgh. **Go Steelers!!!!**

Drink your water, eat your vegetables and shake that booty a little bit today!

~jeanne

Tina
01-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Good morning all,
I meant to weigh this morning to see how I did yesterday. :) I think I stayed within my points. We bought new scales on Saturday. Who knows if they are correct. The brand is Homedics. Does anyone have those??? They showed that Larry had lost 8 pounds in one day and I had gained 4 pounds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everyone stay warm and have a great OP day!

jar1965
01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone! Hope ya' all had a great winter weekend. It was so beautiful here! Tons of snow! The sun is shining now which makes it feel a little warmer than the 30 degrees that it is!;)

Have a great day!

~jeanne

auntie
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi,
Today is Pat's birthday. He got his MRI report which was not good. Looks like another disk is messed up. However, he DID call the neurosurgeon's office. His doctor is faxing or sending the MRI report and now he is waiting for them to call him back. HOpefully they will call tomorrow.

I got him a small individual size cake (he never wants one) and ice cream. He said for this year he wanted me to have a little piece.... so I did. I also got out the Happy Birthday Plate that I bought when Seamus was born. I was going to use it for his birthdays. I never had the heart to get it out. Tonight seemed right. Pat asked where I got it. I told him that it was when Seamus was in the hospital and I was on the way to the hospital I stopped at Hallmark. It's really cute. I thought it would be something special. He just smiled when I told him, I couldn't get it out in the past.

I think my thyroid medicine must be too low because I'm cold all the time and my nails are breaking. My doctor lowered my dose about 8 weeks ago. I go the first of Feb. for bloodwork. I have a feeling she'll be upping it again.

Stay warm!!!

Tammy
01-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Stopping in to say hello! I am ready to go back to Georgia. I am tired of the ice, snow, and cold already. We're expecting snow and wind overnight. It's supposed to get colder as the week goes on.

I restarted my tracker again. I started a new weight loss program last Wednesday night, so I'll be changing the tracker hopefully when I weigh in this week. The program is called First Place 4 Health. It's a bible based weight loss program. I hope I do ok with it.

I've missed all of you, and I know it's my fault for not getting on here and reading and posting. I say I'll do better, and then I get into one of my funks. Sorry about being that way.

Hope to post more often.

Love you all!

Tina
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Evening,
Wow, we're having lots of posts today. Yea!:carrot::carrot::carrot:
Susan, I'm so sorry about Pat's back. At least this time the surgeon will see the MRI and tell Pat something that will help him.
Happy Birthday to Pat!
Tammy, It's sooooo good to hear from you. Brrrr... to your bad weather.
I hope your new weight loss program works for you. Please tell us all about it.
Dori, how is your Daniel Fast going????
Maureen, you are quiet. Are you taking the French classes yet? How about your interviews--have you found anything that you like? Are you having snow?
Kathy and Jen, how are y'all doing?
Jeanne, is your cough gone yet? Stay out of that weather so you don't recruit that yuck.

I go see the surgeon on Thursday. I know he'll have me do a test, probably an ultrasound. I did pretty good OP today. I'm afraid to weigh this week. :o

jar1965
01-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Morning!
Ive been up since 5:30 a.m. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO BE!!! Urgh! I can't sleep because of this darn coughing. The chest congestion is breaking up but the cough just won't stop! Today I'm taking Kaitlin for her MRI and then off to work. I'm going to let her stay home. She may go to work with me. Since she has gotten older - she doesn't usually want to go with me......but.....I kinda bribed her with an Old Navy & Nail Salon run! Hahah! They are in the plaza beside where I work!

Susan - I'm sorry about Pats back too! But.......now they can come up with a solution to ease that pain! I love the birthday plate story! I'm sure Seamus blew kisses & hugs down to daddy for his birthday! :hug::hug:

Tammy - I hear ya! I wanna go south too!!!!

Dori - How is the diet? Bring in the fruit and veggies! Yummy!

Maureen - How are things up North?

Well ladies I'm going to do some laundry. Yes, I do laundry everyday. Just a load or two though! I've already cleaned both bathrooms and did some dusting. I am off tomorrow and I didn't want to have to do it then. I want to get out and spend some of my gift cards!:carrot:

Have a great day!
~jeanne

Tammy
01-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Tina, the new program I am doing is called First Place 4 Health. You can check it out at www.firstplace4health.com I had gone to one of their workships in November, and it just sounded like something I would benefit from at this point in my life. It's more than just about losing weight. There is a bible study with it that takes time to do each day.

Jeanne, are you expecting more snow and colder temperatures this week? It's already too cold for me!!

Hello to everyone!!

auntie
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi All,

Hope everyone is having a great day. Nothing really new here....

Jeanne, thanks for the note about Seamus. I'm sure he was sending his Daddy's big kisses!!!!

Tammy, the program sounds interesting.

Tina, how is it down your way!!!

Tina
01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi,
Susan, that plate sounds precious. I'm sure Pat enjoyed using it. What kind of cake did he have?

Tammy, I'll look up that diet website. I hope it works for you.

Jeanne, sorry you still have that cough.

Dori, how is your diet going?

Maureen, you must be busy with your French lessons. :)

It's cold down here!!!!! The temp tonight should be 30! I don't like cold weather.

Tammy
01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Susan, how about if I send you lots of snow from Ohio??? That would be something new!

Tina, my first weigh in won't happen tonight. The leader called, and all activities at their church are cancelled. I had pretty much decided I probably wasn't going anyway because of all of the snow. All schools in the area sent their students home early today.

Tim made it home when things were just getting interesting. I know we've had 4 inches of snow since he got home at 10:30, and we had already had 2 before that. Just glad he's home. He has class again in the morning at 8:00. I don't like him driving in this but I'm glad he didn't totally give up on classes.

Hope you are all staying safe and healthy!

Tina
01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Brrrr...... I hate to complain about my weather when so many of you are in the teens or lower.
Tammy, I hope Tim gets back to school safely.
Susan, how is Pat?
Dori, what's going on?
Jeanne, tell that cough to go away.
Maureen, how's the vegan diet going?

Tammy
01-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to let you know about Maurice and the snow. This is the most snow we've had, so it has been interesting. Just a while ago I took him out. He was pretty hesitant to go out too far in the yard because of how much snow is there. All of a sudden, he was bouncing around in the snow like a rabbit! I was cracking up!! I don't think he was ready to come back in the house. At least I know now that even with the snow and the cold, he'll go outside for me. Kramer didn't use to do that.

Tina
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Good for Maurice!!! :)
And, for you. :lol:

jar1965
01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Ladies! Not alot to report here! It's very very cold here! Almost ALL schools have a 2 hour delay because of the freezing temps!

Bob & I were both off yesterday so we had a "date day" - we went shopping and to dinner. It was nice. BUT BACK TO WORK today!

Well I hope everyone has a TERRIFIC Thursday!

~jeanne

PS - I have some good news...........you'll have to check in at the Thursday WI forum!;)

Tina
01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Y'all can keep that bad weather up there!!! :lol:

Everyone stay warm today.

jar1965
01-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh no girls..................I WANT CHOCOLATE!!!!!! H...E...L...P...

Tina
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
good morning everyone :):):)

Just checking in to say hello.
Have a great day. I can't believe it's already Friday.

:carrot:

jar1965
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
:(I gave into CHOCOLATE today!:(

Tina
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Evening,
Jeanne, stay out of that chocolate. You can send some down this way. :D

I wanted to let y'all know that I'm having surgery some time the first part of next month. The surgeon found that I have a hernia. Thrill! I don't have a time yet.

Susan how is Pat?
Tammy, are you and Maurice frozen?
Dori, how is your fast going?
Maureen, you've been too quiet.

jar1965
01-17-2009, 07:08 AM
g'morning ladies! Well this morning our cold water pipes are frozen! Urghhhh! The news is constantly talking about the freezing temperatures! It is so cold that it is being blamed for a few deaths of elderly people in the Pittsburgh area! I really think that this is the coldest I ever remember!

Well, as you know, I gave into chocolate yesterday. It wasn't the best OP day I've had, but it wasn't the worst either! So...........today is a new day and I'm back on plan!!:o My daughter, Jess, has been at it again too. She has done terrific. She started 1/1/09 and has lost 8#. She has been doing Jillian Michaels. NOT ME!!! I watch!

Well, I'm going to go. I have bunches to do.

auntie
01-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi,

Tammy, I was laughing reading about Maurice and the snow. How funny!!!! I know he was too cute! Our Betty loved the snow (what little we get here) Thanks for the thought about the snow but you can KEEP IT!!! :)

Jeanne, I'll have to get my Jillian Michaels dvd out. I haven't even done it yet.

Tina, I'm sorry you have to have surgery. Poor thing!

Ok, now for Mr. Pat. He went to the neurosurgeon yesterday. He called me to tell me that he was going to have surgery on Monday, Jan. 26. It will be day surgery and they are going in to clean up the disc. The doctor said that it's definitely messing with the nerve that goes does his arm. Hopefully it will help immediately and his feeling and strength will come back. I'm going to take off Monday and Tuesday. He said "you don't have to do that, I'll just need you Monday." I ignored that comment.

I have a nice shiner!!!!!! I accidently got bopped on the check bone with my heavy duty water bottle that was full of 34 oz of water. I didn't think anything about it. The next day, it was a nice shiner!!! It keeps getting worse and bigger. Oh well, there is a first for everything :)

Ya'll stay warm!!!

Tammy
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Tina, I think we should all come and sit in the waiting room when you have surgery. We're having a heat wave here. It was up in the 20's earlier. Hope we don't have more of the negative temps!

Jeanne, your daughter is doing great! I don't think I could handle Jillians workouts. It's hard enough at the Y with Melissa. Sorry about the pipes. We've been fortunate that we haven't had problems.

Susan, send us a picture of that shiner! Years ago my best friend was hit in the eye with a softball. I couldn't even look at her because it looked so yucky.

I have felt icky all weekend. Temp has been up, queasy, chills. Tim and Lauren got a pizza tonight, and I ate some. Sure hope I don't regret it. Tomorrow is a busy day so I don't want to get sick again. aerobics, lunch with retired teachers, and yoga.

auntie
01-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Hi,

Tammy, I got a good one!!! I'll send you a picture of it. Here is the funny thing.... I take a picture of myself everyday and send it to my big sister. :) We are such goofballs!!! Hope you aren't getting sick.

I'm off tomorrow. I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning. Pat's off too so I think he is going to go there with me and then we'll run a few errands.

He is miserable. He said tonight, I wish my surgery was this week, but he has to be off the Plavix for a week first. Poor thing! I can tell that he is really hurting.

Tina
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi,
Tammy, I wish y'all would come sit in the waiting room. You could keep Larry company. It'd be nice to see ya after surgery. I still can't believe that they send people home the same day. :(:(:(
Susan, I want to see a photo.

Oh Tammy, I'm so sorry you are feeling yucky. I wish you could stay in tomorrow and out of the weather.

Jeanne, great job your daughter is doing!
Dori, how are you?
Maureen, is it snowing up there?

Tammy
01-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Susan, thanks for the picture! I say "OUCH" again. I need to call and make an appointment with my dentist. She is retiring in April, so I need to get in before she does. Poor Pat! Give him a light hug for all of us.

Tina, Larry wouldn't know what hit him if we all showed up! I do feel better tonight. I told Tim that I'll go to class in the morning and do what I can. Might not be too much.

We had more snow today, but I've only gone out with Maurice a couple of times when Tim and Lauren were gone. I've mainly just been on the couch or in bed.

jar1965
01-19-2009, 07:28 AM
g'morning ladies! Wooooosh, honestly.......I'm glad it's Monday! I had a hard time fri., sat., & sun!!!! All this snow and COLD temps.........no outdoors or activiities! I know, that shouldn't be an excuse. My jessica got up everyday and did something. Either Jillian or the YMCA! Also........one more excuse...;)....anytime I start anything that darn cough just comes on and won't quit! That's what has me up today! :o

Tina - I'm sorry you have to have surgery! I'm with Tammy, I'd love to be there when you came out! :carrot:

Tammy - I thought we were getting a "dusting - 3"...........Ummmm, we got 3" - 6" ON TOP OF WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE!!! I yi yi!

Susan - Sorry about that shiner............
Enjoy your day off with Pat. Also I'm sorry about how miserable he is feeling!

Well I'm going to scoot. I have to get my AVON orders placed and then off to work.
Everyone have a Marvelous Monday! Drink your water and move those bodies! ;)

jar1965
01-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh.......I almost forgot..............

PITTSBURGHS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!! :carrot::carrot:

auntie
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Howdy,

Jeanne, sorry about that cough still! Just take it easy..... Hey SORRY but the CARDINALS are gonna win!!! :)

Tammy and Jeanne, you would laugh at us Texans when it comes to snow!!! I would hibernate and not come out til spring or summer. I can't believe all the snow!

Tina, we would come sit with Larry. Isn't it amazing all the things they do as out patient now. My foot surgery is going to be also.

Pat's a little anxious about his surgery. I think he is going to worry himself silly or me silly until next Monday. He has to go to the cardiologist tomorrow to get some paper signed saying he approves him being off his Plavix. The funny thing is that Pat and the neurosurgeon were talking and he said "Yes, I know your cardiologist, I've done work on him" He picked up the phone and talked to him while Pat was sitting there.

I had my cleaning today. Now my teeth hurt a little. The hygienist was rough or anything but they still are tender tonight.

Ya'll stay warm all you Snow Bunnies!!!!!

Tammy
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Jeanne, sure hope you get rid of that cough! So frustrating, I'm sure. I order Avon stuff all the time. Silly question, but when is the superbowl?

Susan, that's cool that the doctors know each other! Your little egg is trucking across that tracker!!

I felt good today so I went to aerobics, ate with my friends, and went to Yoga. After aerobics we had a weigh-in, and I was down 3 pounds from when I weighed on Jan. 6 at the Y. I am very pleased. Official weigh in for me will be at the First Place class on Wed. night.

Hope you all had a great Monday!

auntie
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Tammy,
Way to go on losing 3 pounds. Let us know after you have your other weigh in.

You are doing good.

Tina
01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow, to the weight loss. What all have you been doing different?????

Susan, y'all come sit with Larry and then we'll come to your hospital and wait for you to come out. It sounds like Party Time!!!
I'm sure Pat is nervous.

Jeanne, take care of yourself.
Dori, how are you?

Maureen, any good interviews recently?
I was bad today. I went to our bakery and bought cupcakes decorated for the inauguaration. They were sooooo good. We had them for dessert tonight. :)

Tammy
01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks. I honestly don't know what I've been doing different. Still tracking the same way, but maybe eating healthier foods? Heck, I'm still eating ice cream sometimes!! lol This morning I feel totally bloated. Maybe my TOM isn't completely done like the doctor and I think. bummer.

cupcakes sound good, decorated or not!

That's all for now.

jar1965
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Evening girls!

Tina - The superbowl is Sunday, Feb. 1!! And of course the Steelers are gonna win! haha! (Did Susan see that)?;) Mmmmm, I hope you savored that cupcake! Ahhhhhhh, I LOVE cupcakes, cake, icing........
PS - I'm glad you like AVON! It's my 2nd business. Let me know if I can ever do anything for you!!!

Tammy - woohooo.......woohooo:carrot: Weigh to go on that loss!!!!!

Susan - Cardinals? Uh, W H O! I was just at the dentist about a month ago and our hygentist was on maternity leave and we had a new one. She was a brut! I yi yi!

Well I'm going to get going - I have to watch a repeat of the Presidential Inauguration! I wish I could have been in DC today. Wow!
AND............The Biggest Loser is on tonight!

~jeanne

Tina
01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi,
Jeanne, you would've been proud of me. :):):) I was rooting for your team on Sunday!!! I'm glad they won. And, yes, I know when the Super Bowl will be.

Susan, how is your eye?
Tammy, I hope you are feeling better tonight.
Dori, you are too quiet.
Kathy, how are you doing?
Maureen, are you frozen? Did you hear a lot about our inauguration?
I have a nephew who lives in D.C. He and his wife were going to try and take the subway down to the activities. I wonder how far they actually got, in all that crowd.
Everyone, have a super OP day tomorrow.

auntie
01-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey all,

What a historical day!!! We watched it all at school. My kids "I think" got it.

Jeanne, here is the funny thing "I'm not a big Cardinals fan" I told Pat in the beginning of the play offs... they were going to be in the Super Bowl. :) He just laughed. ( I watched the inauguration a second time too)

Pat went to the cardiologist and got a clean bill of health for his neck surgery. Hope Monday comes quickly. Yes, he is nervous but he won't admit it.

Tammy, you are doing great!!!! Keep up the hard work.

Tina, Are you nervous about your surgery? I would love for ya'll to come but I want to be able to play :) Mine is scheduled for June 10. Yuck!!!

Maureen, how are you doing? Are you snowed in up there?

Dori, how is school?

Tammy
01-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Jeanne, one of these days I should sit down and watch the Biggest Loser. The classes that I am taking at the Y are losely based on the show. This is the 3rd session of it that I've done, and I'm the biggest loser because I never lose any!!

Tina, today I've felt pretty good. After being on the go yesterday, I decided not to overdo things today. Tomorrow is a busy day again.

Hello to all and good luck with being OP!!

Tina
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Happy Thursday!!!
I hope we've all had a good day and it's not over yet. :):):)

Tammy, I'm so glad that you're feeling better. How is little Maurice? I'll bet he's really growing up.
Jeanne,are you planning a big party for "The Game"
Dori, you've been so quiet. I'm sure you're loaded with school work.
Susan, how is Pat? I hope he's not driving you nuts because he's so nervous.
And, how is your foot doing?
Maureen, how are the French lessons coming?
I am definitely ready to get this colonoscopy over with so I can have my surgery. People keep telling me that the "c" will be "a piece of cake." :lol: I'd like to let them take it for me. :lol: It's on Wednesday. It would be fun to weigh on Thursday and keep that result. No telling how much weight I'll have lost. I know, I'll have to pass next week. :lol:
Everyone have a fantastic OP Friday.
:D

Tammy
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Tina, today has been great being OP. Maybe weigh-in last night got me psyched up a bit. Of course, I haven't eaten dinner yet. Maurice is getting bigger. I'd say his length is about the same as Kramer was already. He is till under 10 pounds though, Kramer was 15.

I took a friend to have an endoscopy today. She needed a "responsible" adult to drive her home! Ha!! They still let me do it. We stopped at Bob Evans afterwards and I made wise choices. Garden salad with lite Italian, cup of bean soup, saltines, AND a piece of cherry bread. Talk about yummy.

Tim and I will be gone over the weekend. We are heading to spend the weekend with Lauren and her mom. We're staying at a hotel. The 3 women are going mother of the bride/groom dress shopping on Saturday. The wedding isn't till May 2010. I think Tim and Lauren just want the two moms to get to know each other. Maurice is going along too.

auntie
01-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi,

Well.... I thought last night I was going to have to put Pat out of my misery!!! He has been a little grumpy. I had a migraine and felt sick at my stomach... the kitty was doing something and he wanted me to get up and go see what trouble he was in. I said "he will stop in a minute" and started to get up. He got SO mad!!! He said "I see how it is, you don't have to take care of me anymore." He just kept going on and on. I reminded him I had a migraine and felt sick. By bed time he had calmed down and felt bad. I know he is in pain. He went for his pre op today. I picked up his meds. so we are ready to go. I decided to take off on Wednesday too. I know that usually on the 3rd day after surgery you hurt so I figure I needed to be with him. I think he is glad and a little relieved.

As for my foot, it's ok. Still hurts and hurts if I bump it or touch that spot. I'll be glad to have that surgery too. It seems like we have surgery the same years.

Tina, I've heard it's a piece of cake too, but it ain't a cake I want!! :)

Tammy, I think that's great about the trip. Maybe Tina and I need to come find dresses for friend of the grooms mom :) Send a new picture of Maurice. I can't believe he is 10 pounds already.

I better get busy and get plans made for Monday - Wednesday. Being out is so much work but it's a necessity. Plus maybe I can get some rest and a few chores done.

Tina
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Susan, I think you should have put Pat out of his misery. Poor Pat.

Tammy, I'm so excited that the kids have a date. Wow, already looking for dresses! I agree with Susan--we need to come look for our dresses, too. :)

maureen kempster
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi Ladies-I'm still here-well, I moved into my apartment last saturday and I've been going to agencies and putting my name in. Hopefully something will happen-I just can't afford to stay off-the government did approve my employment insurance so that gives me a little more cash but I certainly don't want to live on that for very long-of course I'm sitting here second guessing myself as to whether I made the right decision-but I still think I did. I joined a gym with my sister so I just have to get going to that a bit more often. It is nice to be closer to family.

Anyway-thanks for being here and take care

jar1965
01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Morning All! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your weekends! We had a heat wave here yesterday. 47 degrees! But, it's over!!

Tina - to answer your superbowl question.....usually we do something pretty darn big, BUT..........I had scheduled that Tea Party/Baby Shower for Sunday Feb. 1st! Yikes! Bob was stressed. hahaha! No really, the shower should be over by 4:00ish. Bob works dayturn and then we are going to a friends house to party!

Have a great day everyone!

Tina
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Happy Saturday! :D:D:D

Maureen, I'm so glad to hear from you. :hug: You will probably keep second guessing yourself for some time. It's great that you were approved for unemployment money. It's a lifesaver as our son, David, has been on it between contract jobs. Something will pop up in no time! Good for you, joining a gym. :carrot:

Jeanne, tell those ladies to party and drink tea quickly. :lol:

Tammy, have a fun weekend.

Susan, take care of YOU! What time is Pat's procedure?

Dori, we miss hearing from you. :(
Kathy and Jen, we miss y'all, too.

It's turning cooler here again. Boo

jar1965
01-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Happy Marvelous Monday! Just a quick fly by to say hi! Hope ya' all had a great weekend. Mine was good.

~jeanne

Tammy
01-26-2009, 01:39 PM
I think I may need someone to shop for a dress for me. I didn't really care for any of them that were at the bridal shop, so I'll probably look elsewhere closer to time. It was good getting to spend time with Lauren's mom. We had fun.

Maureen, just give things time. I have been 2nd guessing myself too about things, and some of the things I know that I made the right decisions. That's great that you and your sister can do things together.

Tina
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Afternoon all,
Tammy, dresses are so weird nowadays.
Don't worry about getting one yet. Who knows, by next year, the styles will have changed. :lol:

I wonder how Pat did with his surgery???

auntie
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi,
Get this..... I had to log in tonight and then I couldn't remember my login name nor my password. What is wrong with me?????

Pat's surgery was good. We'll know in the next couple of weeks how successful it was but I think it was. He is already experiencing some feeling in his fingers. The neurosurgeon said that there was a big piece of the disc pushing on the nerve. He also said it would take a couple of weeks for the swelling to go down.

We had to be at the surgery center at 6:15 this morning, left the house at 5:30, surgery was at 7:30. It was all over with and I was talking to the surgeon at 9:45. I was told Pat would sleep for a while so I thought I would run to Walmart and get his glasses fixed. The nose piece came off and he said he would wait to get them fixed.... now he has to wear them all the time. I no sooner got there (which was like 5 minutes away) they called me and said he was ready to see me. I said I would be right there. We were one the way home at noon. Still can't believe that it was all so fast. I'm exhausted.

I promise that tomorrow my food will be better. Today it hasn't been great but not horrible.

Maureen, change is hard. Good for you joining the gym.

Tammy, you are doing great. I know it's hard. Let's all go shopping for a dress for you. We would have fun!!!

Tina, dresses are weird now. I agree with that.

I'm off until Thursday. I figured I needed to be here with Pat. He says he can tell he is going to be hurting tomorrow. :)

Tina
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Wonderful news about Pat! You be sure to get some rest tonight. He'll need you tomorrow.

Tammy
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I agree about Susan getting some rest! I know Pat will be glad that you'll be home the next couple of days.

Agree about weird dresses!

jar1965
01-27-2009, 06:42 AM
So glad things went well for Pat! You take care of yourself too!!!!:carrot:

auntie
01-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Thanks Friends,

Pat has slept most of the day. He has gotten up several times but when he sleeps he is knocked out. The cat climbed on him earlier and he didn't even wake up. He's laying on the couch. He does hurt today.

Tina, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know how it goes! Take those pain meds!!!

Jeanne, thanks for the well wishes!

Tammy, how are you doing today?

It's cold and wet here. It's suppose to ice up this afternoon. My school let out at 1:30 today. Glad I'm not there today or tomorrow.

I'm in sweats today and haven't done much!! I've done just one or two things. I was hoping to get a lot done while I was off. Maybe I'll get stuff done tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day!

Tammy
01-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Tim and I slept off and on this afternoon, and we didn't just have surgery. Only had Maurice climbing all over me.

It is snowing again. Last report was that we could get up to 12 inches by tomorrow sometime. I'm hoping for much less than that. I told Tim he isn't driving to school tomorrow. Just not worth it. He can email the professor.

Hello to everyone!

jar1965
01-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Morning ladies!!!!

Tina - thinking of you!:hug:

Susan - How is Pat feeling this morning?

Tammy - So nice to hear you and Tim got some rest!! How about that snow - How much did you get over night? Every school within 100 miles of us is closed or on a delay~ We are suppsosed to see freezing rain and sleet later today! Urgh!

Well it's PMS week, so I feel blah! I am still OP and anxious to WI tomorrow ~ wondering what effect it will have?!?!?!?! Usually I eat everything in site during PMS week - but I was pretty well behaved!

Gotta do some laundry and eat some breakfast - everyone have a nice day. And take care!! I'll keep everyone in my prayers!

~hugs to all

Tammy
01-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Jeanne, I would say we've had 8 inches of snow, and it is still snowing. I had to shovel to let Maurice out the back door this morning. A bit too much for a dachsund to get through. He tried though!! Good for you for trying to stay OP during this time.

My aerobics class and bible study at the Y were cancelled for today. Not sure about tonight's bible study though. That's where I weigh in. The way it looks, it will probably be cancelled too. Most of the women in the group live close to where it is held. I'm the only one that has to drive a bit.

Tina
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Thank you for all your well wishes. I need them as I'm starving and very nervous. Can't wait for the drugs. :lol:

Y'all stay out of the snow!

Susan, take care of Pat and you.
Maureen, good luck with the job search.

auntie
01-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Morning,

Well we had a good ice storm!!!! So all the schools around here are closed. Now I don't have to take the day off :) I can keep that day and use it later. Only thing is that we will have to make it up! Yuck!!!

You snowbunnies, Tammy and Jeanne, do your kids have to make up when there is snow or days missed?

Tammy, just stay home tonight unless it's safe to get out. Here it's all ice and not good.

Jeanne, hope you feel better.

Tina, hopefully you are all finished with your procedure! Let us know how it goes. What time do you have it done?

Pat is sleeping on the couch. Poor thing. He took a shower today and said, "I'm really sore" Poor thing. He has a fentyl patch, hydrocodone and a muscle relaxer. I'm glad I've taken these days off with him. He has needed the help. I haven't gotten as much done as I had planned but that's ok too, I'm sure it will all be waiting for me later! :)

Tammy
01-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Susan, we are allowed 5 "calamity" days per year. Most of the schools have already used these, so they'll be making days up. They'll start make up days during the spring breaks at many of the schools.

We can't go anywhere if we don't want to get arrested. We are on a Level 3 emergency plan. That means law enforcement, medical people, and snow plows are the only ones out on the road. Our driveway has only been cleaned out for a half hour, and our street was opened not too long before that.

Tim didn't go to school this morning under my orders. Too dangerous. I am so glad that he didn't try it. He received a text message that the classes were cancelled there. He got the message 45 minutes after his class would have started. He emailed his professor at 5:15 this morning, and he told her the situation. He has classes tomorrow, so he'll get to turn in his homework for full credit. Glad he let her know!

I'm sure Pat was glad to have you there!!

Tina is probably out running laps in the neighborhood tonight because she can eat real food again!

jar1965
01-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Morning dear friends! I sure hope this finds you getting rest and recovering!

Tina - Hope you are feeling ok!:hug:

Susan - Continued prayers for a quick recovery for Pat. You take it easy too!

Tammy - I yi yi to the weather!!! I have a funny story.......I thought Maurice was a kitty! Oh my........how could I have missed the whole dachsund thing! I love dachsunds!!! Do you have any pics posted of him?
I'm so sorry all this time I thought he was a kitty!

Well I've been up since 5:00 a.m.! I decided to go out and try and thaw my car out! I didn't even leave the house yesterday. So I did that and then started coughing so hard - my ribs hurt!!! Does it ever go away? Urgh!
The upcoming weekend is a big one for me. I work Saturday all day and then I have the tea party and then the superbowl party on Sunday. And then ewww it'll be Monday! I'm thinking with all this snow it has made parking for the tea party pretty limited! :(

Well I'm going to scoot! Check out our Thursday WI thread! mmmmhmm! Yep.......ya all better get over there!;)

hugs & good health!

Tina
01-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Good morning friends,
:snail: I feel like one of these today.
I made it through the procedure okay. The doctor removed one small, smooth polyp. He wasn't worried about it. In fact, he told me that if I hadn't received a letter from him, about the biopsy results, in 3 weeks, to call the office. :lol: That sounded good.
My tummy is sooooooo sore. I'm not supposed to drive until after noon today. That's fine with me. Oh, yesterday I could only eat soft foods, but I could eat!!!

Susan, I'm glad you are staying with Pat. Hopefully, he appreciates you!

Tammy, you are a good mother, keeping Tim at home.....and shoveling the snow for little Maurice.

Jeanne, I'm so sorry you still have that cough. Try to get some rest in between events. :hug:

Maureen, how are you doing?
Dori, where are you??

Tammy
01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Jeanne, I don't know how to post pictures! lol I know, get with the program Tam!! Yep, he is a dachsund, and he is absolutely hilarious! You are going to have a very busy weekend! Tim and I drove uptown for lunch a while ago. That is the first that I've been out since Monday evening, so it was good to see other people.

Tina, glad you are taking it easy today and moving slow. Sorry that you are hurting, but I'm sure that comes with it.

Tim did go to his classes today. He called when he got to Muncie. It took him an hour and 45 minutes, and usually it takes about an hour. He said he just took it slow. He said the commuter lots weren't even half full, so apparently many commuters didn't take the chance.

I need to go do my bible studies, and then I'm sure Maurice will convince me to take a nap! (It doesn't take much to convince me!!)

auntie
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I love naps!!!! I think they are good for you. Now Pat NEVER naps!!!!! So when he goes to sleep he has to be hurting or drugged. I went to work today. I was so happy to see my kids. I think they missed me!!! My one young girl kept telling her mom "Thursday, Mullins" I told her I would be back on Thursday. She has to know is going to happen and all is ok.

Tammy, I agree with Tina, YOU are a GOOD MOTHER!!! I have been wondering what kind of mom I would have been. I wonder if Seamus would have been a momma's boy.... I think he would have. He certainly looked like me, actually my Daddy but then again I look like a carbon copy of him. Not sure why I keep wondering. I want to talk to Pat about it but not sure if he would think I was just being silly.

Tina, I'm sorry you are sore too. Hopefully that won't last long!

Jeanne, I'm the one with the new (actually he is 9 months old now) kitty. :) He is a Russian Blue. I kept telling Pat I didn't need a pure bred but I had one for 13 years and loved her. We went and looked at the same breeder and I fell in love with this little guy. He is so funny. CALL THE DR about your coughing. i know you cough a long time but it should be getting better.

Off to try and get caught up on some school work! YUCK!!!!

Tina
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Happy Friday all,
Can you believe that it's time for another weekend! Wow, time is flying again.
I'm feeling lots better today. I slept better last night---no sore tummy.
Today I went out and bought lots of healthy food. :):):) I even bought some broccoli because it's so healthy.
Tonight, we are having baked trout, broccoli, green salad and creamed corn. Okay, the creamed corn is iffy but Larry likes it. :lol:

Susan, how did Pat do yesterday and today without you being at home?

Tammy, I'm glad Tim made it to class okay. You and little Maurice be careful in the snow.

Jeanne, I hope your cough is better. :hug:

Maureen, how is your weather?
Dori, please post!!!!!

Tammy
01-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Susan, I'm sure your kids were glad to have you back. AND I'm sure being a wonderful mother would have been a given. I think you should talk to Pat about it sometime.

Tina, I chuckled about the creamed corn. That was one of Bob's favorites, and Tim loves it too. I'm trying to be outside as little as possible. It's down to 3 degrees right now, and the wind is kicking up again. I don't have any big plans for the weekend except church on Sunday, so I guess it won't bother me.

jar1965
01-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Morning Ladies! Not much new here! The same ol' weather.....ugh!
I had a terrible "eating" day yesterday.........if it was near me.........I ate it! urgh again! I'm way worse PMS week then the TOM!!!!! I ate enough chocolate for all of you too, ok!?:o

So, a funny little story.........ya all know I sell AVON.....well yesterday at the dinner table my husband says "wow honey, that stuff is really working"....I say "what stuff".......he says "your chin is almost gone"!!!!! Ok, right! I have been using the ANEW firming cream FOR 3 DAYS and he is referring to my "double chin" and girls.........I'm here to tell ya.......it aint gone!!! Well anyways, I thought you might like that! And I'm not knocking my ANEW......I LOVE it .... but .... 3 days?

Well tomorrow is the tea party I am hosting! I'm ready. I am picking up the petitie fours today and then a quick trip to the grocery store. I'm serving a ceasar salad, mini egg salad & ham salad sandwiches, mixed strawberries, blueberries and raspberries mixed with a little sugar, lemon juice and fresh mint (doesn't that sound good ~ the berry mix). I also have candies for in the candy dishes and I ordered decorated pink tea-cup cookies. I'm pretty excited, but concerned that I really don't have the room for as many people that are "suppose" to be coming. I had some add ons this past week that I wasn't expecting! Long story!

Well I have to go get some coffee in me and get moving. You girls have a great day!

Let's go Steelers! :carrot:

Tammy
01-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Jeanne, a little bit of chocolate would taste good right now. I think the only chocolate in the house is a box of pudding. Maybe I could just go eat it right out of the box.

That's great about hubby's vote of confidence about your chins! lol I use ANEW products too. Maybe I'll start using it several times a day all over my body!

I think we should all come to the tea party. I'll pack and head out now.

jar1965
02-01-2009, 07:29 AM
hahaha Tammy about the ANew!! Crack me up!!!!!! And...........I would love for ya all to come to the tea party!!!!

Well I had another TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, AWFUL day yesterday!!!!!! Help~!

Gotta run.............sweeper, dusting, making things pretty for the party is waiting!

Have a nice day everyone! Watch those STEELERS kick some butt! Oh yea, and AVON has two commercials during the superbowl today. One right after the National Athem, performed by Jennifer Hudson, Avon Spokesperson, and then I think the other one is at the end. How about that!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Amy Toria
02-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hiya, Im really new, but doing WW any tips? xx

auntie
02-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi guys,
Welcome to the group Amy!

Does anyone have a Wii and Wii Fit? I REALLY want one but am afraid to spend the money and will be disappointed. Pat says "do it" I'm a little more on the cautious side. I wouldn't use it to play games probably just exercise.

I'm so tired!!! I had a headache yesterday and ran errands all day. Took the dog and the cat to the vet. Then here and there. Today, I have cleaned already and doing the wash. Not sure when I'll go to church. Probably this evening.

Pat is doing pretty good. He is sleeping alot still but that's good. He wakes up and is up for a little bit then it's medicine time and out he goes. I don't think he will be working this next week much. He is going to do it from home, if he does it.

I just want to lay down and take about a 6 hour nap :) Not like much has gone on lately..... Ok enough whining!

Jeanne, if I ordered something from Avon from you would they send it out or would it come to you and you have to mail it? I love Avon but never get anything because I like to order from my friends and none are doing except you. I saw your website. I want to come to the tea party too!!!

Tammy, I need a bunch of that Anew too!!!! Wonder if you can put it all over your body??

Tina, have you scheduled your surgery yet?

Maureen, how is Canada?

Dori, what's new with you?

Ok, I'm going to run. Gotta run get the towels and might take a little nap while Mr. Man is sleeping. Honestly, he has been really good about following the rules.

Jeanne, I wasn't sure which team you were for this afternoon? :)

Tina
02-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Happy Super Bowl Day!!!
Amy, welcome, welcome, welcome to the group. You've come to the right place!!!! Advice-----Journal, Journal, Journal. That is the best advice I can give. When I don't do it, I don't lose.

Jeanne, you will have a great party todayl :) Don't worry about the room. People like to mingle. My little house has seen a large number of people in it at showers. Enjoy the game tonight.\

Tammy, Brrr..... to your cold weather. Going to church and back is probably all you'll want to do today.

Susan, I'm so glad Pat is doing well. You, my friend, don't wear yourself out!:hug: I don't have a Wii or a Wii Fit. I'm very happy with my Zen Plus.

Maureen, how are you?????
Dori, come up for air and let us hear from ya.

Oh, Susan, I haven't talked to the surgeon's nurse yet about scheduling surgery. I want to find out the biopsy results first.

Tina
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
No more posting here! Go to the new February Thread!!!