South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default New Year's Coffee and Chat

Good morning, Beachies, and welcome to 2009! I'm wishing us all a happy and healthy year.

We are in deep cold here so the potty trip was very short. Jazz actually cried to come back in. It is going to be a sunny day though which always makes things better. We are staying home most of the day although I do have to make an appearance at the Mayor's Levee this afternoon.

What's happening with you this first day of the year? Good stuff, I hope.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning to you on this brand new day in the brand new year! I crashed around 11 last night, and I never heard the celebrating at midnight. Jake and I toasted the new year with our coffee this morning, which is better than champagne IMHO.

It's bitter cold but sunny here today. Jake had better bundle up before he goes out to take down the lights. I"ll be undressing the tree and packing away all the inside decorations and putting the house back in order. Any cookies that are leftover are getting tossed, too. They really haven't been much of a temptation to me, in fact, I've been losing weight over the holidays. I just haven't been very hungry. But I think Jake has been putting on every ounce that I've been losing.

We'll have our traditional dinner this afternoon, and Dustin & Andrea and the grandkids will be here for that. Normally Monica and her DH and the kids come over, too, but Caitlyn has several of her friends from college staying with them this week, and they're all going back to school together this weekend.

I'm having one more cup of coffee and my oatmeal, then I'd better get moving.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I went to bed at 10 pm . I remember waking up at midnight, some neighborhood kids were setting off firecrackers. I then woke up at 6 am (once a mom, always a mom!)...but couldn't get myself to start the first thread of the year!!

Cottage and Ruth - we love you! Hope you guys have a great new years!

me - I'm going to a friends, making my artichoke/spinach dip. Remarkably like the one in the recipe section. It should be fun...lots of food, games, and kids!!

Have a safe and happy new years!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, ladies!

Ruth: Poor Jazz. I hope it warms up so they can have comfortable potty time soon! Enjoy your low-key day!

Cottage: OOOH...can Jason and I join you for dinner? Sounds like a fun time with food and family. What a role reversal there with you and Jake. Usually the man loses and the woman gains, right? I'm sure he'll be following your example soon and shedding those extra lbs.

TwynnB: Good morning, darlin'! Hope you have a great 1st day of 2009 planned (or unplanned; I think some of you gals need a relaxing day!) Enjoy your get together at your friends'.

Me: Not much going here. Woke up and had a very peaceful devotional time and I'm now eating my oatmeal, some turkey bacon and having a hot cup of coffee. Now that's the way to start a new year!

I started cleaning out the craft/office/guest room yesterday, so my big plan for the day is just to finish that. I may do a load or two of laundry as well, just to get a head start. I start Jason's workout/eating program for me, so we'll see how that goes. I'm sure this will be an interesting month as far as my body and our relationship goes. Out by the fire last night, he told me his resolution was to be more patient with me this year. That made me feel better!

Well, off to browse the boards! Hope everyone has a great day!

~Kim
Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all, i was actually up til after 3 since my 15 year old thought midnight shopping would cheer me up, i was tired so it kinda worked and i got everything i needed to start phase 1 today so i guess it was worth it.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #6  

I couldn't believe it when I stepped on the scale this morning and found I was a half pound down on the month. Considering I was up (sometimes quite a bit) for most of the month, I am happy. This month, I'm getting serious.

We didn't stay up late last night but still slept in until 7:30. The plan today is to go through the garage and clean it up and organize it. Then we can take down the yard art and we'll have a good place to put it. We need to run by Target to get birthday cards and gift cards for the party tomorrow but otherwise I don't have much to do. I finished catching up on work last night from taking much of Tuesday off work.

I think this is going to be a good year. I really do.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Bitter cold but sunny here. I think I'll appreciate the sun from inside where i plan to do some baking to heat things up.

Ruth & Cottage - What Twynn said You two are the best and we love you

Ruth - Poor Jazz, I feel for her.

Cottage - Enjoy the afternoon with the grandkids.

Twynn - I'm thinking about an artichoke spinach dip too. Must be the day for it We were up and out until after 1 but wishing we were home in bed. I'm too old for all that!

Kim - Welcome to a new year. It will be interesting to hear about your experiment. Do you have an out clause if things get tense in the middle of the month?

me - Welcome to Phase 1! This is a great way of life and worth the time and effort because you are worth the time and effort!

I've got a pretty typical chores at home day because last weekend was not conducive to getting anything done. I've got refried beans in the crockpot, black eyed peas soaking, planning some baking and cleaning. Just another exciting day

I had to look back and find my weight last year at this time. I was 182 lbs! What a year Today I'm seriously focusing again to get those last few stubborn lbs off for good. I was happy to discover this morning that my ticker does not lie. Guess that means I survived the holidays.

Now to write up my To Do list (I'm starting verrrry slowly this morning!). Hope everyone has a warm and wonderful first day of a bright, hopeful new year.

ETA: Good morning Barb!

Last edited by CyndiM; 01-01-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

H chicks, we're back in the deep freeze here. It was soooo windy and cold last night.
Last night was fun. We had 5 kids running around, ages 5 - 12, and they all made it to midnight easily. Dinner was sooo good, and I pigged out. For the last time for a while hopefully. We got home around 1:30 but I couldn't get to sleep. I know I saw 3:30 roll around. So not too energetic today. DD is playing on the computer, and DH is still asleep, I think. I'm going to try to take down the tree, and make some stock from the lobster bodies and shells for a bisque. I want to go through the kitchen and throw out any leftover non-beachy foods. Dinner at my mom's later, which should be on-plan, but otherwise no big plans. Back on Phase I for me today! Feels like a huge relief.

me4life, I was sorry to read about your difficulties in yesterday's thread. Let's hope 2009 will be a better year for you. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation.
Cyndi, I'm back in the phase I club with you!
Barb, It's great you are starting the year on a positive note, looking forward to finalizing the divorce and putting all that behind you. I am confident good things lie ahead for you.
Good luck with your new plan, Kim!
Hi Twynn! Have a fun day today. I'm sure that dog's owner was glad you stuck around yesterday. Hope you get your shopping in soon.
cottage, sounds like we've got the same day planned, except I don't think DH will be taking down the lights today - too cold! Have fun with the family.
Happy and healthy New Year to you too Ruth!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-01-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #9  
sophie

Good morning chickies and a happy first day of this year lets hope it a promising one with changes.
Cold here too. Glad to see that everyone is trying to back on the blanket.
I have one more dinner tonight of roasted salmon and veggies and that should be o.k. but dessert is a challenge. I think I will be satisfied with one teaspoon.
Yesterday was so much fun and I am still in my pjs, not with a hangover but just not 100%.
Sorry no personals, I just can't think too much right now.
Have a good planned day.
Sophie
Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #10  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Ladies~

Happy 2009! I hope this year is great for you.

Day 1 on SBD- So far, so good. I made it through breakfast. Boy, that was a struggle! Can you believe someone put fresh English Muffins in the fridge? Why? Anyway, I ate my eggs and turkey bacon and I am currently drinking my Veggie juice. 1 meal down, a lifetime to go!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #11  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Happy 2009, ladies!

Our night last night was nice. We ended up going over to SIL's house for an hour or so. I just rested on the sofa and had DH wait on me

Baby did well during the night. He seems to be establishing his own routine of eating every 2 hours - it may change when my milk comes in though. He slept well in his bassinet after being fed.

Just now getting up and out of bed. DH made breakfast and coffee and it is calling my name.

Enjoy your day, girls! Be back later to check in.

btw, here is a link to Connor's web nursery page: http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortrai...c-2e5ebeb38135

Last edited by zeffryn; 01-01-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The Christmas stuff is all packed away and my house is all shiny and clean. I even completely stripped the bed and washed all the bedding. I don't know why, but I've always started the year with freshly washed sheets. Now I'm taking a break with my tea and a veggie burger before getting started on dinner. I want to get a pot of split pea soup going too, for lunch for the next few days.

Zeff, I'm glad you are feeling pretty good, but don't try to do too much for a while. Let your DH wait on you as much as possible while you can! I really enjoyed looking at the nursery pictures, especially the one with Calvin and Conner together!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #13  

Happy New Year girls! I am feeling very positive about this year- it is going to be a good one!

Zeff Make sure you are resting woman!! I love the picture of your boys together too!

I am going to curl up with a book and take a little nap. This has been a nice break for us- we have gotten a chance to get rested up and spend some quality time together. Love it! We are all worn out today as we were up way past midnight. Good times, though.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Happy New Year! I'm new to SBD -- Day 5. I'm not even hungry! WooHoo! I need to make this work this time. The seams of my jeans are screaming!

CindiM -- I hope to have as big of a change in a year as you've had. Congrats!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

BTW, I'm cold in Alabama at 54 degrees! Don't know how you Northern Chicks do it!
Closed Thread