Alternachicks - January (holy crap it's a new year) Chat

Robot
01-01-2009, 01:52 AM
A new year. Hopefully this year will be kinder to me.

Pop the wine and let's celebrate!

deathnotronic
01-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Looney Tunes marathon on Cartoon Network all day today! What a great way to start 2009! :)

merc girl x
01-01-2009, 02:53 PM
It's 2 pm, do you know where your pajama pants are?? I'm still wearing mine...

Lazy day here, cold but sunny...

OnlyWomanInTheHouse
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
It's 2 pm, do you know where your pajama pants are??
1PM here, and on my booty!

Hi ladies! Just found this section of the board and believe I may fit in here. :wave:

merc girl x
01-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Heya Jessica :) I am an Alterna-Newb as well LOL

Well, I am putting on the black eyed peas in a bit, have ham steaks. Got my collards ready to cook, too :) Tiny batch of corn bread. Got all my Luck Foods covered, I think. One funny note about my small southern town... I had to wait in line to get the smoked hog jowls. LOL

bopeep
01-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, it's 4PM here, and I'm *still* in my pyjama pants :D

Mind you I did get up at 2PM, so it's not really that late, if you look at it from a certain point of view. I'm going to have some 'breakfast' in a minute then relax with a book for another hour, then hit my elliptical. No point in starting the new year off on the wrong foot!

It is -15C here today. Ugh! Probably the only time I'll get warm today is when I get into my exercising...

BP

Robot
01-01-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm in my pajamas as well. So comfy.

It's a cold day. The past few days were around 60F, but now it's in the 30s.

bopeep
01-02-2009, 01:15 AM
All right, so I didn't hit the elliptical.:( I tried, but it seems my asthma is really acting up to the point that I can't do cardio until I get it back under control. That means increasing my steroids. :mad: I should have it hammered into submission in three days, but until then, I'm not going to have to be a lump on the sofa and watch movies.

But I did finally get dressed! :rofl:

BP

WormwoodDoll
01-02-2009, 02:30 AM
You gals were so lucky. I had to be in work at 10AM. No comfy jammies for me!

painted lady
01-02-2009, 09:08 AM
i didn't really sleep in, but i lounged all day! then around 4, i got in gear and did some Yoga Booty Ballet, showered, ate a big salad, and watched some Dexter. it was a good day.

Robot
01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Good (super early) morning. The sun isn't out yet, but I'm awake. Oh well, I'll at least have time to plan out what I'm going to eat for today. Last night, I consumed mass amounts of pizza. Not good! I'm waiting for the day my brain all of a sudden clicks to healthy mode. Will that ever happen? The funny thing is, I love healthy food, but the few unhealthy foods I do like, I eat a lot of.

mauvaisroux
01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Happy New year to all of you and may this be a great year for all of us! :hat:

I am starting the year off right with a clean house and a day at the spa today! (Christmas pressie!) :)

Lovely
01-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Hi hi Everyone!

Happy New Year! Yay!

Did anyone actually bother to make any resolutions? ;)

bopeep
01-04-2009, 12:29 AM
I never make New Year's resolutions - I never kept the ones I used to make, so I just decided that I would turn over whatever new leaf needed turning over when I was ready, not based on the date. I seem to have more success with that method of attack :D

Today was bad/good sci-fi movie day. DH and I went and bought a bunch of movies yesterday, and today we are being semi-lazy sofa slugs (semi-lazy because we each did a turn on the elliptical while watching them). We watched 'Soldier' (with Kurt Russel) and 'Pitch Black'. I think as soon as DH is finished killing zombies in his computer game, we'll put on an old favourite - 'Fifth Element'.

BP

breathingfumes
01-04-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm not big into resolutions either but this year i'm determined to get things done. I want to get healthy for one and secondly i want to get my photography up and out there. I also have a urge to learn to be a cake maker, i know why do that while trying to lose weight? well i think it would be amazingly fun.

Anywho so not much is going on in my life i'm majorly excited to get back practicing tomorrow which means working out heavy cardio three times a week for two hours I swear roller derby is amazing <3

WormwoodDoll
01-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Hiya Faerie! :wave: I didn't make any resolutions per say. Just some things I want to change and make habits this year!

Things have been really good changing life styles with my fiance. He is being a really big help. I am just having trouble getting him enough calories. I think I am just going to add more to his meals/snacks (fruits/vegs/nuts). And also give him 2 portions of chicken/other meat with dinner. This is my first time doing my monthly planning for two...so hopefully next month will be easier. :dizzy:

Anyways. If you love Clint Eastwood, then I'd go see Gran Torino. It was A-MAZ-ING.

Lovely
01-04-2009, 12:35 PM
BP - Ahh the Fifth Element. What a crazy awesome film. The hub & I own the Fifth Element, and yet every time it's on TV I'm always thinking "Ooooh the Fifth Element. I'll just watch this for a few."

Fumes - Cake decorating is so much fun! It's tough not to lick the frosting, but it's easy not to eat the end result because all you have to do is remind yourself that it's not your cake ;) I usually make them for friends or something. I then just tell myself "That's not my cake! Can't eat it, not for me." // <3 Roller Derby. Used to go watch it in Waterbury when I lived in CT.

Heya Wormwood :wave: It's all trial & error. You're taking on a big task with helping the fiance eat right, too. I'm sure it'll all start fitting into place. I've never been a big Clint Eastwood fan, but I must admit I'm curious about his new film. I may just have to grab the hub & go see it this coming weekend.

---
So I've been searching for gyms in my area close to home, and I've found one that's open 24/7/365 so I'm more than just a little interested. It's about 10-15 minutes away so not too bad. I'm going to check it out in about an hour after I get dressed. If the price is right, I'll be a new gym member. Woo-hoo! I've missed treadmilling soooo much since moving.

Oh god... the hub is sitting right next to me in our computer room & eating an entire wedge of Jarlsberg cheese. I think I'll be heading to the gym sooner than I planned. :lol:

WormwoodDoll
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Faerie, I just joined a gym 2 seconds from my apartment. It is fantastic. It is also 24/7. Of course the 24 hour access is in the deluxe membership, but totally worth it if you like to avoid people like I do. They have the different equipment in squared off rooms, so it is really private. All of the extreme weight training is in the center of the place in the open, so all those muscular men stay out there.

And yes. It is a big task. He seems to be happy with the portions, but I know he is allowed at least 2,000 calories at his height/weight and activity level. I figured I'd add some nuts with his fruits to get the calories up in a healthy way. Also add some more side dishes to his lunch/dinner. He's a bit picky with vegetables, though. Our agreement was that he'd change his eating habits if I changed my sleeping habits. I use to go to bed at 5AM and wake up at 1-2PM. Now I'm up, at the latest, 10AM. That way I actually eat breakfast and so does he. I actually go to bed at a normal time now. It's nice and refreshing.

Lovely
01-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Wormwood - That's crazy you mention your sleeping habits. I have a similar problem which I'm trying my best to change right now. My sleeping is so erratic. I woke up at 2AM this morning, and since I couldn't sleep I decided I'd stay up until 10PM tonight (force myself) so that I could try & jump start myself into a normal pattern.

That gym sounds great. A small private area to work out with still lots of equipment? Perfect. I don't have anything quite like that around here, but we'll see.

I stopped off at the gym, unfortunately while it's 24/7 they didn't have any 'sales staff' on hand. So I didn't get to see anything specific. I'll stop by today around noon to get a better look. It's a new gym, though, so that makes me happy. The equipment is new, and there weren't too many people there when I stopped by.

I have to buy myself a new sports bra & some new running shoes. So I'll stop in at Sports Authority or something today, as well.

Robot
01-05-2009, 08:33 AM
I wish I could get a nice sleep schedule. Last night I got sleepy at 10 pm, but woke up at 2 am. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I'm going to force myself to stay up until tonight. Ugg. The other night, I went to bed at 5 am and got up at 1 in the afternoon. My goal for this week is to have a semi normal sleep cycle.

Lovely
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Yeah, Robot, that sounds a lot like my schedule as of late. Oh well, here's to a new sleep cycle for us both! :hat:

ollie27
01-05-2009, 01:04 PM
happy friggin new year gang. well. i'm back from my holiday for the holidays. the last couple days have been a bit harrowing. i took my eldest cat with me to the south cause i give her potassium twice a day. she has hypokalemia. and she won't let just anyone give her medicine, much less come near her and i couldn't afford boarding. anyway, she was so stressed from the trip down she quit eating which brought her potassium level down despite the medicine. now we are back home and she's not doing so hot:( i put her through that whole trip to avoid what's now wrong with her. i feel like a bad mom. and why oh why do veterinarians have to be so expensive?

other than kitty, my trip/holiday was pleasant. twas so good to be in the south again. thunderstorms, 70 degree weather, and random strangers engaging me in conversation about their hopes and dreams. and green! it's so weird to be back in boston now, look outside and see white. being vegan was not as bad as i thought it would be. the fam was respectful, even if my grandmother didn't really understand and kept asking me things like "but what about PEAS?!? can you eat peas? how bout potatoes?!?! *gasp* what about CANOLA OIL?!?!" everything she touched in the kitchen she'd turn around and look worried and confused about my *diet*. i tried to tell em it's a lifestyle and not a diet, but the only way they could understand was with the word 'diet.' funny, she bakes me banana nut bread every time i am home and this year was no different. she looked so proud when she told me there was no milk and i asked her if there were eggs and she smiled and said it was OK, cause they were "spread out". anyway, this was my first holiday that i had absolutely no sweets, so the weight gain wasn't bad. there were cakes, cookies, candies EVERYWHERE, but i not only didn't have any, i couldn't. i kept lots of dark chocolate to nibble off of the whole time and i went the whole trip without any exercise so i still feel kind of blah.

and you all have heard about my husband that's lost close to forty pounds just from living with me, right? well, over the holidays he ate anything and everything:cheese, sour cream, beef chili, etc. etc. i watched him with big eyes thinking when we got home and weighed he had to of at least gained 5 or 6 pounds. **** i would have if i ate like he did. so we got home and weighed. i gained 2 pounds and he gained: A HALF OF A POUND. men and their metabolism, sheesh.

i think every year one of my new year resolutions is to become an early riser and i am still no early riser. if left alone, i'll sleep til 10, and that's when i go to bed at midnight. i just have one of those bodies that wants to sleep for ten hours. i'm never really big on resolutions although one year, i think 3 years ago maybe, i decided to give up dr. peppers. and i was a one-a-dayer. at least. it worked. now i just drink one at most once every few months. so resolutions can be good for something. a new beginning. this year, i have it in mind to try to avoid "MADE IN CHINA." i'm so sick of seeing that on everything i pick up, use, or own. i usually try to avoid it anyway, but i think i am going to become more strict with it and have a zero tolerance policy. just to try and see how hard it is.

so i think this has turned into a novella. :blah: again, happy new year gang. hope tis a good un. :grouphug:

p.s. i,too, LOVE fifth element.

bopeep
01-05-2009, 02:07 PM
ollie - please don't feel like a bad mom!! You did what you thought best, and with a kitty with health issues, that's a really hard call to make! He probably would have done poorly if you had forked over the cash and boarded him, since fussy kitties often don't eat then either. Do you know how to do assisted feeding?

I'm so sorry your g'ma didn't get your 'diet', but I had to laugh about the eggs. Spread out!?! :rofl: I was a vegetarian for years and years (had to start eating some meat because I don't absorb protein well from legumes - got pretty sick :(), and my family thought adding chicken stock was fine, and that I could just pick out the meat from a dish.

There seem to be a lot of insomniac night owls here! In the winter I tend to go to bed at 4AM and get up at noon if I manage to sleep through the night. I often wake up after about 4 hours of sleep and can't get back, so I nap the afternoon away. I'm better at keeping a 'reasonable' bedtime of midnight to 2AM in the summer for some reason.

BP

Robot
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Ollie, I hope kitty cat gets better. Your "made in China" resolution reminds me of my friend who stood in front of the Gap with a sign that said, "6 year old Chinese child approved." He was my hero that day, unfortunately the mall cops didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

WormwoodDoll
01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
ollie27, I hate the fact that my boyfriend maintains his weight no matter what he eats. He has been at 245ish for almost 2 years eating whatever he pleases! His goal is to be 200 at the moment. He is 6" and has a very big build. I think he could be good at 180, but he really wants to build lots of muscle.

bopeep, we are night owls! :eek: I am really working hard at getting on a decent schedule. At the latest I go to bed at 2AM but get up at 10AM. I think eating breakfast really helps with my days and I have more time to get to the gym.

Anyways. We visited Kenny's family since I had off from work. And we went out to eat 2x in one day. :( Of course they didn't have the healthiest food. And I was so far away from the gym. I feel absolutely terrible. I am kicking my butt right now because I don't want this to just be a "thing". I want this for life and I'm sick of not being able to control myself. :mad: I really wanted to cry earlier. But tomorrow is a new day and I am really going to push this new lifestyle.

ollie27
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
wormwood - dude, if you've lost 28 lbs. since september you're kicking arse! anything for life takes time and you're doing so well! no tears, just diligence.

thanks for the kitty well wishes guys. she's doing better. bopeep, after reading your post i went and got some kitty formula and i've been squirting it down her throat. not fun, but she's on the up.

school starts back next week and i feel i've had anything but a break. i'd like to squeeze an entire break into this coming up weekend as the rest of this week is frilled with unpacking and cleaning. any suggestions? what are y'alls ideas of what constitutes relaxing weekend? i no longer know the meaning of the word.

Lovely
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Ollie - Glad the kitty is doing a little better. About the weekend... okay sadly a relaxing weekend for me is just doing anything at home. Be it laundry, or just organizing a little. Probably watching a movie at night with some popcorn in my lap & the hub next to me. I'd say it's still doing things, but just doing things that aren't strenuous.

Wormwood - Please don't let one less-than-perfect day get you down! Yes, you probably could've made better choices, but it was one day. EVERYONE on this board has made choices that they want to kick themselves about. You ARE doing this for life, because you've recognized that while those meals weren't the greatest you're still continuing forward with better choices today! In the year and 9 months that I've been losing weight I can tell you that I have made some simply AWFUL choices. Some of which that lasted for days or weeks (I do not recommend following that :lol:) but I'm still here, and I'm still down a significant amount of lbs. And so are you! Don't hang onto the guilt too long. Get through your next meal and feel good about making a healthy choice.

BP & Robot - :wave:

---

I'm super proud of myself. :twirly: I joined the local gym last evening, and I went treadmilling for 35 minutes this morning. I haven't gotten on a treadmill in months, and I missed it sorely. I loved the walking, and my legs were all like "Hey I remember this!" It felt terrific.

I've been waffling the last few months (really since October). While I've pretty much maintained, without exercise I find that it's difficult to lose and my body always feels "blah". Also, I could almost see the difference that 3 months without exercise made, as I'm sure I was beginning to lose some muscle. And I DEFINITELY wanted to stop that.

Anyways, no exciting plans today. Have good days, chickies :)

Quote of the Day (from my calendar that my FIL got for me)
"Great floods have flown from simple sources." - W. Shakespeare

bopeep
01-06-2009, 01:08 PM
ollie - I'm so glad your kitty is doing better!! Assisted feeding is not much fun for you or the kitty, but a cat that doesn't eat is at risk for hepatic lipidosis (a liver problem), and that's sometimes treatable if you catch it early, and have boatloads of cash. Vets sell a high calorie food called Hills AD that's often good for cats going through a low appetite period - you can add water to the canned food and syringe it down. Then go bandage up all your battle wounds and have a stiff drink! :D

I have to take one of my kitties in to the vet today. I think Miss Beast has a urinary/vaginal tract infrction. At least she's easy to give medications to - she will NEVER turn down food, no matter what's hidden in it! And she's a good patient - no biting or fussing, and the vets love her to bits because she's a cute little special needs kitty (she's handicapped and can't walk very well).

Wormwood - definitely don't beat yourself up over your fall from the wagon! I'm another one that's done it as well. Every time it happens I try to fix in my memory how I felt afterwards, and it seems to help - everytime I get the urge to pig out, I bring the memory back up and most times I'm able to be reasonable about quantities.

farie - Yay for you! It feels soooo good to move doesn't it? Those muscles will buid back up in no time! I've been wishy-washy on exercise over the past month since I had a cold, and my asthma acted up, and my dance class was over, and I was busy (and, and, and... too many excuses!). I was able to get back in the exarcise mindset this past weekend and wow, do I feel like I can fly! :D

Hopefully I'll be back from the vet in time to run my errands - I want to go sign up for my dance classes again (start in a couple of weeks! Yay!), and I have some grocery shopping. I've got my priorities set in the right order at least - kitty, dance, then food! :rofl:

WormwoodDoll
01-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you, ladies!

I just feel so out of control when I'm not home. I was talking to Kenny and decided if we stay more then one day, I will be preparing meals (possibly just leftovers from dinners) and taking them with me. And if we do go out to eat, try and eat as healthy as possible. One difference, though, is we no longer go to the food store at 11PM and buy snacks to pig out on. That's an improvement. I'm just sick of coming home and getting on the scale and seeing that RISE. I weighed myself this afternoon, since I was scared to last night, and it read 224. So things aren't too bad.

Congrats, Faerie! I love going to the gym. I will be heading over there after work and dinner tonight. I absolutely love the 24/7 option. It really helps when I work nights.

ollie27, I like just sitting home, taking a nice warm bubble bath, getting in my jammies and watching movies. I do this one weekend night of the week. I usually make a healthy pizza (I love Earth's Pride) with a small cucumber salad on the side.

mauvaisroux
01-06-2009, 11:07 PM
ollie - glad your kitty is doing better!

Faerie - congrats on joining the gym!

I feel pretty good this week - I cleaned my house( post holiday mess) up for Jan 1 and paid up all my bills etc so I am starting the New Year off right! :)

Lovely
01-07-2009, 07:24 AM
BP - Gah! Hope the kitty with the infection gets better. Poor thing. And get your bum back to dance classes ;)

Wormwood - Those are some really good choices about when you're traveling. I'm lucky enough that my mom has been using WW to take off about 70 pounds, so the food at her house is mostly healthy. And I bet it feels good to know that you're no longer pigging out after 11 PM. (I know that avoiding the snack/binging was really a great step for me, too.)

Mauvaisroux - It feels so good to get things in order. Especially this time of year when it feels like a clean slate.

---

I'm up early. Went to sleep around 9-something last night. Just posting here, and I'm about to make some yummy breakfast. Maybe start thinking about what to make the rest of the day, or update my iPhone with some workout songs. Who knows? The world is my oyster. :)

Have sweet, sweet days, ladies :wave:

bopeep
01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Ceazy day yesterday, but I got it all done - good thing too, as we've got a bunch of snow arriving today.

Miss Beast kitty has definitely got a urinary tract infection and is now on antibiotics. Her symptoms are already clearing up, so it looks like this will be just an temporary inconvenience. Fortunately, we have a kitty emergency fund that we use for stuff like this - every month we put $20 per cat into an account and we use it for medical bills other than the usual checkups and vaccinatons. It makes those huge vet bills one occasionally gets, something we can deal with.

And I am now signed back up for my dance class. I will be wiggling my way to fun and fitness in two weeks! I can't wait!

I seriously need a nap today - I let Miss Beast sleep under the covers last night because I felt so bad for dragging her to the vet, and whenever I do that, I don't sleep well. So today will be a mostly lazy day. I'll go have a nap, do my exercises, read a book, then watch a movie or two with DH. Perfect! :D

BP

:D

PrettyPaula
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
i hope your kitty gets well soon, UTI for cats can be very very dangerous!!

dont you guys get pet insurance in america out of interest?

Lovely
01-08-2009, 08:59 AM
BP - Wewt! For dancing :)

Paula - :wave:

--

Have meeting today at 10:00 :) Very excited to go back and just be a part of the meeting. I need to read up on more materials, etc. Then afterwards it's off to the gym!

Made an appointment with a personal trainer for next Tuesday. Just gonna sit down and consult. See what she offers, what it costs per session, etc. Who knows? Maybe I'll be building up some muscle in no time.

Feel like this week has just flown by. I can't believe it's already Thursday.

Anywho, hope you ladies have a great day! :)

bopeep
01-08-2009, 01:11 PM
PrettyPaula - I'm in Canada, not America :). I don't know what American pet insurance is like, but we can get it here. And it's total crap. For just under $20 a month, you get coverage for only certain illnesses or accidents, up to a maximum (usually around $2000). There's usually a deductable of around $100. Usually, after your cat is 10 years old, he's cut off. You can pay more for better plans, but it's still not a great investment. I put that $20 a month into my kitty emergency fund and in a few years, it's got more 'coverage' than the insurance gives me, I don't have any paperwork to fill out or insurance guys to argue with, my kitty can't get 'too old', and *I* get the interest, not some other company. :D

BP

ollie27
01-08-2009, 02:03 PM
yep, same in america. they won't accept pets over 10 yrs of age and that's when i notice that some sort of insurance would help. my sick cat is 11. it's just like human insurance: it's a gamble. you're betting something will happen to you/pet and the insurance companies are betting something won't. they usually win and take home all the winnings. it's all a big friggin scam. grrr.

i'm with bo peep and the cookie jar kitty fund.

faeire - good luck with the gym extravagnaza. keep us posted. and what kind of meeting? job related? WW?

bopeep - what kind of dance? i so want to find a belly dancing class for beginners even though it seems like the farthest thing from what i would normally do.

this is my last week of break before school starts back next week. i feel like this break has been so..unbreaky. i'm almost done cleaning the house, unpacking, and washing clothes. and kitty seems to be back to normal now:yay: i've managed to watch a few movies this week, but i think the weekend will be dedicated to nothing but reading for pleasure. especially since starting next week it's nothing but assigned reading.

Lovely
01-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Ollie - My weekly WW meeting. Where I've also been slacking the last few months. :o Omgoodness congrats on getting so much done. I bet you must feel productive :)

BP - Even though I don't have a pet, the whole pet insurance thing always seemed like a big scammy, scam. I mean, of course they don't offer it for pets over 10... they're gonna get sick! Ah well.

---

I did go to meeting (up some poundage, not unexpected) and then the gym. I'm now doing ... laundry! So exciting.

I'm also taking the time to write down a list of all the foods I eat on a regular basis. I think I'm going to start planning ahead more instead of picking out something on the spot. It worked for me for the longest time, but now... I think I need a little more ahead of time thinking.

bopeep
01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
I know a lot of people have a hard time affording big vet bills, so pet insurance sort of sounds like a good idea. You pay an affordable amount per month, and you don't have to worry about $$$$$ vet bills. Or so you think. Then you read the fine print... You guys are right, they are the biggest scammy scam going! I have had 6 cats pass away on me, and only one was under the 10 year age maximum. And he had a horribly aggressive cancer that wasn't operable anyway. He was actually my cheapest cat to treat while he was dying - a steroid pill a day was all that *could* be done. My other cats all died of things like kidney failure, heart issues, old age... All very expensive things, but they would not have been covered due to age.

I do think insurance for things like houses and contents are worth the gamble, because you could never save up enough to replace them if your house burns down, with a 'cookie jar fund'. But pet insurance? No way - I do my own! :lol:

Faerie - maybe you should get a washer like mine! It's a sealable drum that you rotate by hand for two minutes, and it takes two to three loads to get the same amount of clothing done as will fit in a regular washer - I get an arm workout at the same time! :rofl: I'm kind of an eco-nut hippy and prefer not to use electricity when I don't need to.:o Planning ahead on food is good too - it also lets you make meals around what's on sale, so you can lose weight and save $

ollie - I am learning belly dance! I just started this past fall, and it is soooo much fun! It should be pretty easy to find a class if you live in or near a large city. Check out local recreation centres, the "Y", and even the universities or colleges. You should be able to do a google search for 'dance studios' and your city and find one or two that offer BD lessons. It's really hard to learn to move muscles you never even knew you had, and my hips felt like they were going to fall off for two months (unfortunately, they didn't :lol:), but I was hooked from day one! BTW - so glad your kitty is back to normal - it's hard to do anything else when you are worried about the beasties!

My UTI kitty is now experiencing the wonderful antibiotic side effect of diarrhea. :barf: It's extra awful because she has a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia - it's a sort of brain damage that makes her *very* uncoordinated. A gimpy kitty that falls over a lot, and diarrhea in the cat pan make an awful mess. :eek::fr:

BP

WormwoodDoll
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Faerie - I get a free personal training pass with my membership and I think I'm going to use it. It's rather expensive ($65) each session. :yikes: So I figured I can get in a good amount from an hour session and just use the information for my knowledge. Yay for the meeting!

bopeep - Yeah, pet insurance is terrible. I was looking at it for when I was going to get a dog and it really is a scam. My boyfriend laughed at me when he said I'd pay for pet insurance but not insurance for myself. It truly is funny. Most animals, like people, really don't get sick until they hit their older ages and that seems to be when the cut you off. Hmmmm! I wonder why. I hope your kitty gets better. I remember when my kitty had diarrhea from worms. He got it everywhere. :eek: He had to be dewormed 3 times before it stopped! Then he had terrible gas. But that was from Meow Mix. I guess his tummy didn't agree with it.

I've been very good on plan - eating about 1,700 calories and not slumping below OR too much above that, drinking as much water as possible, and exercising. :hyper: So I'm hoping tomorrow's weigh in is a good one!

ollie27
01-08-2009, 11:14 PM
i think all insurance is a scam. what's wrong with giving some of your money back if nothing happens, say over a 2 yr. period? just a little? 10 or 15%. insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies. bleh.

bopeep - so did you try it at home first or just dive right in in public? also, i was out of town during the atheist/christmas discussion, but enjoyed reading the thread and just wanted to say i concur with your sentiments.

today was good. did the shred again, but ate a BIG dinner. chickpea cutlets, creamed taters, peas, and mushroom gravy. i felt like since i was in the south for xmas, and had to pick around food i never really had a holiday dinner. guess tonight was it. i haven't counted my cals in awhile, but i may need to start again...

bopeep
01-09-2009, 02:10 AM
I did NOT eat a good dinner.:o I made Pad Tai with fried tofu puffs. And I had two helpings, *and* a beer. I did do a half an hour on my elliptical, then 20 minutes of dance practice, then 20 minutes of light weights, so I burned lots of calories, but I also felt kind of hungry/starving/if-it-doesn't-move-I'll-eat-it-now :frypan: I'm supposed to be exercising so I can lose more weight, not so I can eat more! :nono: My problem was that I wasn't that hungry at lunch, so I didn't eat enough to help me make it to suppertime. So - note to self: always eat all my lunch! I do myself no favours by trying to save calories at that meal!

ollie - I had been wanting to learn to belly dance for nearly 20 years, but I was a coward and let my weight become an excuse for why I couldn't start. Last fall, something snapped, and I decided that I no longer cared what others might think. When my DH asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I said 'belly dancing classes'. :D After he collected his jaw from the floor, he said 'sounds great', and I just jumped right in to a class without knowing a damn thing! Now, I practice at home as well, because I am addicted to it. I'm so mad at myself for allowing my fear to stop me from doing it for so long!

wormwood - $65 for a trainer session?!? Yikes, indeed! That sounds like another scam right there! I'll bet the trainer doesn't see even half of that, and the gym pockets the rest. I know they're a business, and have overhead, blah, blah, blah... but seriously, they're pricing themselves right out of reach with that sort of fee (and the trainer out of a job)!

BP

jandaman
01-09-2009, 05:54 AM
is it too late to say happy 2009??!! sat down and read thru the whole thread..am now too pooped to post :) will git in da mix soon. skim-milk lattes anyone??

Lovely
01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
BP - An arm workout AND laundry?! Tempting... I'd have huge arms (or huge arm) in no time! :workout: :lol: Omgoodness you're making my mouth water thinking about Pad Thai. :drool: I've done the same accidental skipping of meals. Even though I don't mean to (like in your situation I wasn't hungry) my body always seemed to make up for it later.

Wormwood - Ouchies... $65 a session is steep. We'll see what this trainer chick is looking to charge. I may only end up doing some sessions for a couple of months until I understand what to do on my own. And WTG being on plan so well! :D

Ollie & Jandaman - :wave:

--

Just got home from the gym. Another 35 minutes. I worked up a "misty sweat" as I like to call it, but nothing drippy. I know I need to work myself a little harder in order to get "drippy", but I'm hesitant to go too hard right now knowing that I haven't regularly exercised in a few months. I'm trying my best to take it slow as I don't want to injure myself or burnout, but sometimes I'm looking at my speed going "I can push this up just one more decimal..No! Bad Faerie... just keep going at this good pace, you can push it up next week a little more."

About to get a post-workin' it snack, and then go for some food shopping. Gosh I'm dying for a peach. I may splurge and buy one good one if I can find any.

Have fantastic days, chickies! :twirly:

Lovely
01-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I swear I'm such a boring person I'm sitting here drinking coffee on a Friday night after 9:00 and I think I'm all dangerous. :lol: Oh noes! The caffeine at night!

Went shopping at Trader Joe's. Anyone else near enough to shop at one? Omgoodness but I need to be careful what I buy there. It's all fantastic stuff, and the money adds up in my cart.

Well I hope some of you ladies are having an exciting night ^_^

And to all the Northeasterners: There's a storm abrewing for tomorrow!

WormwoodDoll
01-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Faerie - I live near a Trader Joes but everything is so expensive in the city. Nowadays I shop at a BJ's in the suburbs to save more OR at least get much more for my money.

And yay for the storm. Too bad I have to walk in it to get to work. :rolleyes: I'm really craving salmon and tomorrow is my free meal day...so I'm hoping South Street diner has their salmon as a dinner special. Their salmon + baked zucchini = heaven. Or I could be bad and get Chicken Marsala. :twirly:

Anyways. I resisted major temptations going to the food store to get some fruit and other needed items while hungry. I REEEALLY wanted those italian cookies but I said no to myself. I got home and had a wedge of garlic and herb laughing cow cheese and half a serving of wheat thins. YUMMMMMY.

bopeep
01-10-2009, 02:32 AM
What kind of place is Trader Joe's? A grocery store?

I ate better tonight. I made a healthy pizza, with lots of veggies, whole weat pita bread crust, and I only barey waved the cheese at it. I felt much better since I ate a proper lunch and didn't go into starving pig-out mode for dinner! ;)

wormwood - mmmmmmm....salmon....

For my exciting Friday night, I did some laundry (go arm, go!), and finished reading my new Iain Banks novel ('Matter'). Now, I'm freezing to death and I'm heading for a hot bath with another book (to be decided - I need something else fluffy and frivolous - last couple of months have been serious book months and I'm getting serioused out).

BP

Lovely
01-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Wormwood - I hear ya about expensive. They have some great foods so we make the money to shop there for certain items, but we don't have the money to buy all my food there. We go to Sam's Club to get a few things in bulk. Like some canned soups, veggies and the like. WTG on resisting those temptations!

BP - Trader Joe's is a whole foods grocery store for the layman. They are wildly popular in the areas in which they pop up because they are almost like a specialty store while being slightly more down to earth prices. Don't get me wrong, they aren't super cheap, but they have some VERY addictive and tasty bottled, canned and frozen foods there are are whole and delicious. Their soups are heavenly and many are lower calorie. And they offer items that I can't get at my local grocery store (like agave nectar and Ezekiel 4:9 bread). Yay for healthy pizza! I'm making some tonight and then watching the Dark Knight with the hub (he hasn't seen it yet).

--

I'll be munching on some healthy breakfast this morning. Oh! I think I'll make some eggs with sauteed onions and garlic. Maybe sprinkle a little FF feta with it. :hun: Some sugar snap peas on the side, as well... Good breakfast with lots of protein before I'm off to save the world-I mean work out for about an hour.

Oh oh oh! I forgot to mention that I have this frickin' delicious tea called "Cardamom Cinnamon". I know Cardamom isn't as popular in these parts of the world as it is, say, in India, but if you have the chance, smell some and enjoy. It's a fantastic spice, and it always makes me want Carrot Halwa (an Indian dessert). So the cardamom and the cinnamon are so wonderful together, I just pop a little splenda or stevia into the hot water with it and YUM!

Anywho, have a lovely Saturday all!

WormwoodDoll
01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Faerie - Oh yeah. It's the only bad thing about living in the city. I went to the store and spent almost $50 on small things that I needed (bread, cheese, 2 loafs of bread, rolls to eat with soup, some fruit). It's crazy! That's why I buy most food in bulk. Except a few things like fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, etc.

Oh and that breakfast sounds so yummy. I'm going to have some oatmeal and turkey links with some blueberries. Yum, yum.

bopeep - When I don't feel like finishing my lunch, I'll usually eat half, the revisit the rest later on in the day. Like yesterday I ate half my sandwich at 2PM then finished the rest at 4:30PM. I worked a night shift, so it really helped since I wasn't going to have dinner until 9:30!

going2Bhealthy
01-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Happy 2009 to all! :D

I have finally dragged my butt back onto the net and back into the right gears for being healthy :carrot:

Everyone seems to be quite positive still and I'm sure most of us are happily waving goodbye to 2008 (me with my middle finger *ahem*). I've not got the courage to get on the scales yet, but that'll all change tomorrow. I'm desperately trying to save money, but also trying to afford the gym again while attempting to give up/cut down on smoking and also trying to stay organised. It's a big task, but I've got the whole year ahead of me ;)

I'm glad to be back, and also excited as I'm going skiing in 4 weeks!!! I'm totally unprepared and don't even know when we're flying and I haven't even thought about a lift pass yet, but still... YAY! Hope you're all having a great weekend :D

ollie27
01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
hiya jan! :wave: long time no smell. hope yer better. last time i saw you on here your back was out.

just popping in to read posts, but not much time to write. hopefully when school starts back next week, i'll have a schedule and won't be so crazed gettin everything in...speaking of which, tonight i am trying to get in a "relaxing evening". the snow should start any minute and the beer is popped open.

:cheers:

Lovely
01-12-2009, 10:34 AM
:wave: Hey Chicks!

Slept in a little today. If I can called 8:45 "sleeping in". Just finishing up my breakfast as I peruse 3FC.

We've got a gorgeous winter wonderland thing going on here. There are so many tree-lined roads that it really sparkles when driving. However the roads were iffy and all. Which is why it surprised me that there were a chunk of people at the gym when I arrived. I thought for sure people would want to stay home, but I guess these guys & gals were troopers like me. ;)

I still feel like I'm that new kid at the gym. I don't know any of these people, nor have I seen anyone regularly yet, but I do feel like they can tell I joined up with the "resolution" crowd. They probably look at my big bum & think I'm new :lol: when really I want to wear a t-shirt that says "No, I've been treadmilling since XX/XX/XX date." Silly me, thinking people actually care! I mean, I don't usually notice people more than just to say "Hey, there's a person." and move along.

I'm rambling. I'll be getting dressed soon to go and sweat it up.

Later ladies! <3

jandaman
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
hoollooo ollie! yeah me back was totally out of comission ..have found awesome osteopath. blessed be! and am now walking and can MOVE. never knew what i had till i lost it--ain't it just like that? sad side.effect of being immoblie and drugged: regained every last pound i had lost. ah, well. as scarlett says: tamarrah is anothah day!
howya faerie- we've got subzero temps but no snow :( and tshirt with impudent/irreverent message: do it! when i worked food service during high school we used to dress up our uniforms with inane and insane buttons..just to see if people were actually AWARE of us as human beings. fun. lotsa double-takes.
outee!

Lovely
01-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Jandaman :) Glad to hear your back is better now. And that you can move. Huzzah! Let me tell you... if I made as many shirts as I think about making, I'd have a new top for each day of the year. :lol:

katiecron
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
faerie, i think that it is great that you recognize the irrational belief that everyone is watching and judging you. i have alleviated a lot of anxiety by reminding myself to not be so egocentric. i am sure there are some snobs out there making judgments about "out of shape resolutioners," but certainly not enough for us to have to worry about

WormwoodDoll
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Faerie - I go to the gym at night and usually there is one guy I can tell is a regular. Of course he is all muscular and beefy. :p But other then that, no one is there but the night workers. Maybe one day I'll gain enough confidence to go when there's a crowd, but I've never been a people person - big or small.

I've been doing good today. Even after my Luna bar that I will eat after I work out, I'll still be at like 1,500 calories? I hate missing breakfast now! I can't seem to get to 1,800 calories without it.

I haven't been able to get a solid 8 hours of sleep so I've been feeling so restless. I just lay in bed and don't get up until 12-1PM. I hope a good workout will help me sleep like a baby tonight. I really need it. Usually working out helps lift my mood. I've been kind of down due to lack of money, lack of a social life, troubles with work and being so unhappy with myself. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

bopeep
01-13-2009, 01:08 AM
I slept in until 2:30 this afternoon. That was NOT what I wanted to do today, but I tossed and turned last night until 4:00AM, then, just as I was finally starting to drift off, some three letter word for donkey started hammering on something next door (I live in a flat in a row house style area, so sound like that really carries). Several times. At 4 freaking 30 in the morning. :mad: It didn't last long, but still, I was wide awake and my brain was into overdrive imagining all kinds of 'interesting' things to do to my neighbour. I didn't fall asleep until 6:00AM :tired:

Wornwood - I usually find exercising regularly helps me out with mood and sleep issues too, but sometimes it's *really* hard to get motivated enough to get out of the rut! If I get lazy and stop exercising as I ought to, I find it helps if I 'sneak' the exercise back in. I'll pull out the elliptical and watch a movie while I'm on it, or I'll do some weights while watching the movie. Last summer, I got really bad about exercise, so I got back into it with the Lord of the Rings movies - I could only watch them if I was on the elliptical. And they're not exactly short... ;) It took a couple of weeks to get through them, but by then I was already feeling better, so I was able to keep going on my own.

farie - I'm sure they aren't looking for the most part, but the few that do glance your way, probably realize you're not a resolutionista after you're still on the treadmill after 10 minutes :lol:

Tomorrow is run errands day. Bank, groceries, all kinds of other fun stuff. Wednesday, the temperature is suposed to start dropping, and keep dropping Thursday and Friday. They're predicting -28C here (that's -way more than you want it to be in F, for you 'mericans :D)

I have to go to the vet and get some more antibiotics for my UTI kitty. Stupid vet didn't give me enough pills. I'm serioulsy thinking about switching vets - they used to have three vets at this practice, and the two I liked have left. The one that's left, I always felt was kind of rigid in her thinking and not very fond of educated pet owners. I've had to bring her in several articles from the JAVMA (vet journal) or other sources to get her to agree to do what I wanted. She doesn't seem to be big on keeping current. :( :?:

Oh well, at least kitty is getting better and I shouldn't need to see the stupid vet again, once this UTI is sorted out.

BP

mauvaisroux
01-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Just a quick fly by tonight - we are having some bad weather up here and our connection seems to be a bit spotty . . .

So hello to all of you, hope you are having a good week so far! :wave:

Lovely
01-14-2009, 02:01 PM
katiecron - Yeah. I try to say in my head "Don't be that full of yourself! :lol:"

Wormwood - I do NOT like working out when there is a crowd (which is why I generally like going between 9 & 10) it just feels... stuffy to me. And it's harder for me to get in "the zone". Here's a hug :hug: for all the things keeping you down. I once heard that the sun will come out... tomorrow.

BP - Gah! Sorry about your neighbor problems! How's running errands in the frickin' bitter cold today? Still glad your kitty is getting better, even if you did need to run to the dumb vet to get more pills.

Mauvaisroux - :wave: Hope your connection gets better!

--

Met with that trainer yesterday to see what it was all about. She seemed very great as a trainer, but the program she works just wasn't what I was looking for. She basically does a combination of strength and cardio, which isn't bad at all, but she does only "light weights, high reps" Her reasoning was that "we want to make you smaller, not bigger" :p And, since I'm actually trying to build muscle I'm wanting "heavy weights, lower reps".

Oh well, the consult was free, and there are more trainers in the sea.

In the meantime, I'll continue my treadmilling.

Oh! And I'm starting a thread for workout tunes that Mauvaisroux has wonderfully agreed to sticky, so that if you come across a song or a bunch of songs that you think others might like to work out to... post them! I think it'll be great to have it sticky'd so we can all delve into it.

Have a great day, ladies!

bopeep
01-15-2009, 03:10 AM
faerie - I went out on Tuesday, before the cold hit - I often post between midnight and whenever I go to bed, so the date says one day, but my mind is still on the previous day since I haven't gone to bed yet. No way, no how would I go out in this freezing cold!!! Partly I'm a big wuss, but I also have fairly bad asthma that is triggered by the cold, so I have to stay inside when it gets like this. :(

mauvaisroux - did you have the same crazy wind we had, playing havoc with your lines? There were lots of people complaining inthe Mtl area about spotty service.

I got my pills from the vet - and I am definitely switching to a new clinic if I can find one I like. That vet is just plain slow at times! She prescribed my kitty a half a pill, twice a day for twenty days. That means I need twenty pills, not ten - I felt like I was trying to explain math to a five year old! It took her way longer than it should have to understand. Grrrrrr... :mad: Oh well, at least Miss Beast seems to be clearing up her urinary tract infection. She's back to bossing the other kitty around and making his life miserable! :lol:

I got all my other errands done on Tuesday - good thing, since it looks like I am stuck inside for several days! I got myself a nice new, (on sale!!) fuzzy, soft, warm bathrobe, which I have been sitting around in all day.

We watched 'The Messenger' tonight. I love Luc Besson films, and while the accuracy of the story is not the greatest (hoo boy!) , it's still a good film.

BP

Lovely
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM
BP - Well I've been going out in the cold :lol: Granted it's certainly not as cold here in Mass as it is up in Montreal. Stay warm up there! Sometimes I find Doctors (of any kind) are reluctant to believe that they can make a mistake about anything. (And I say this knowing a few doctors) So it's not terribly surprising that you had to explain the pill thing. At least you finally got 20 pills. Hopefully your next vet will be a little more on the ball. I've never seen The Messenger. But, that's what NetFlix is for!

--

Been doing well :) Went to meeting and I'm down 2.8lbs this week. I truly feel better. Regardless of what the scale says, I'm in a better place. I've been eating healthier, trying in my own way to go a little more "whole foodie" and fill up on more veggies and fruits. I doubt I'll ever be 100% whole foods, but I bet I can build up to like 80%. I'd be happy with that. (Can't give up FiberOne Bars, gwrar! I'd bite anyone trying to take them away! :devil:)

And the exercise I've been getting has been keeping me ridiculously energized. So, here's my "I feel good dunananana I knew that I would now" dance with singing and all that. :goodvibes

Oh I met two really nice ladies at my meeting so I like going now, I don't feel so alone. One of them knits really cute scarves during the meeting.

I dunno. In a good mood so I figured I'd spread the joy to anyone who needs it. :D

Later, lads & ladies, be good to yourselves!

WormwoodDoll
01-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats on the loss, Faerie!! That's very good. :) We're both getting so close to Onderland, WOOHOO! :carrot:

That's good you found two ladies to talk to. I know how awkward it can be going to places by yourself. That's why I made my fiance promise me he'll start eating better and join the gym with me. That why I won't have to do this myself, hehe! And that way he'll lose the weight he wants to, he'll get healthier, and I won't have to spend money on "special" foods for him that are tempting to me. I wanted to binge the other night :rolleyes: and had nothing to binge on. So I cooled down, ate some frozen blueberries, and had a glass of cold water. It really does help.

bopeep - I hate vets sometimes. I took my kitty to the vet for an ear mite problem and she told me that my kitty just had "dirty ears" and cleaned them. After a month or two I noticed his ears were bothering him a bit more and cleaned them more often then she told me to. It helped a bit, but in the last month his ears were getting really bad and the vet around my new place isn't accepting new patients :( So I cleaned out his ears and purchased an ear mite medicine from a local pet shop and WA-LA! His ears are no longer bothering him and they're no longer getting dirty. It makes mad. I cleaned his ears every week like the old vet recommended and the whole time he had ear mites like I suspected.

Anyways, I've been doing good so I'm hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. My legs are finally feeling better from the hip abduction machine at the gym :dizzy:.

Lovely
01-15-2009, 03:00 PM
So glad you didn't end up binging, Wormwood :hug: I know just how hard it can be to stop yourself when you feel one coming on. So YAY you!!! :D

Lovely
01-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm about to bundle up and head off into the chilly outdoors to go to the gym.

And then shoppin' for healthy foods.

Hope you ladies are doin' awesome today!

Lovely
01-17-2009, 04:21 PM
I woke up late today. 2:00 PM! What the heck? I feel like I've undone all the work I did to start waking up earlier. And of course, I don't feel like going to the gym. I don't want to use this as an excuse, but I have been thinking about taking a "day off" each week to let my muscles and insides fully recover. But, I was planning that day for Sunday. So I don't want to let it be today.

I'll think about it. I still have the whole evening to go to the gym. And I also think I might feel better about going when there won't be a huge crowd. (Like 6 PM on) Because who goes to the gym on a Saturday night? I do! :lol:

And then if I went tonight, I could take tomorrow as my rest day. We shall see!

redgirl09
01-19-2009, 03:48 AM
I hope everyone is getting into January and losing some weight.I have my first weigh in tomorrow so i'm hoping it will be a good one!

mauvaisroux
01-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

Hope you are all having a good week! :)

Good luck with your weigh in redgirl! :lucky:

Not much to report here - went to physio and I am doing well. We just went to get groceries tonight to make chili for Superbowl Sunday and we are going to see a movie this weekend. Like, I said, not much to report. :lol:

bopeep
01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
It's been crazy-go-nuts here lately - I've been kind of on an emotional rollercoaster for the past few days. My brother and I get along really well - we always have. Earlier this week he told me he had just broken up with his long-term girlfriend (12 years) because she had had another affair - he forgave the first one, but it has become too much. So I've been hand-holding and being a good sis. I knew all about what went on when it happened, but my mum was never informed of any of the affairs (my bro and I decided not to tell her because she is not always rational in her reactions), and we are trying to figure out what to tell her about the reason for the breakup. We're trying to figure out what she should be told and what to keep secret (we have some *serious* disfunctional family issues to take into consideration). She has completely over-reacted and is over the top upset - she is more upset than my bro is! Sigh. :( My bro will be fine - he's actually very relieved that it's over, he feel like a huge weight has been lifted and he's only now seeing things clearly. I'll be fine - I never really liked his GF anyway. And my mum will eventually be fine - she just needs time.

All is not gloomy in the frozen north though - even the gloomy short days are letting up! My belly dance class starts in two days, we are going out to a tasty restaurant tomorrow to celebrate a good friend's great new job, and my scale says I have lost another pound. :D

faerie - congrats on the weight loss! :cheer: It's so nice to see some results when you work hard for it!!!

BP

ollie27
01-25-2009, 12:02 PM
hi all. bopeep, i can relate to the emotional rollercoaster.

just a quick check in note. i'm on hiatus right now from, well, from a lot of things. my cat got really sick again and we've been in and out of different hospitals, running tests, narrowing it down, and playing the waiting game. after ruling out several things they think she may have to have one of her adrenaline glands removed. if that's the case, i hope i can get a loan. i've had her for 11 years, she's my child, you know? between all the doctor's visits, nursing her, and trying desperately to keep up with school, i haven't found much time for the internet sites i know and love like 3fc, nor have i found much time for exercise. good news is, i'm still eating right and keeping it together for the most part.

i hope everyone is well. not much time to read up on everyone. i just wanted to drop in and say, hey, i'm still alive and i wish you guys well. i'll report back when things get back to some sort of normalcy.

Robot
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM
bopeep - I hope the healing process goes smoothly.

ollie - I know what you mean about your cat being your child. My dog is my child. Some people don't understand that. I hope your cat gets better.

bopeep
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
ollie - I am so sorry about your kitty! I know exactly how you feel - my cats are my kids. When there is something serioulsy wrong with them, you get so sick with worry, and sometimes you feel so guilty because you can't always afford the treatment they need. Try to keep on eating well, even if you let your exercising routing slip. I know it's such a hard thing to eat properly when you feel like crap emotionally, but it will give you the extra mental focus you need for your kitty right now! I hope you can get the treatment kitty needs!

Everything is calming down in my chaos-land. My brother is on a business trip somewhere nice and warm, with beaches, so he's relaxing. I am happy for him, because he's now feeling happier (he was probably depressed the last year or so, since his relationship was dying). My mum is still on her emotional rollercoaster (she's a bit of a drama queen...), and she'll come down when she's ready. Her choice.

My kitty seems to be over her urinary tract infection, but I don't know for sure, because the blasted vet didn't call me back yesterday with her test results, like she was supposed to. Grrr... I think I found a good new vet, so I'll be taking the kitties in there next time. There are four vets at the practice, so I'm sure at least one of them will feel 'right'.

My belly dancing class started back up on Friday. It was so nice to get back to it. The class is 90 minutes, but the time just flies past because I love it so much :D

BP