LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends - Dec. 29 - Jan. 4 - New Year's Edition

Dan2112
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Morning kids! Up and at 'em!!!

Sige
12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Ha haaaa...Dan is all over it! Okay people...let's have a good week. It has to be better for me than last week!!

Dan2112
12-29-2008, 12:11 PM
It has to be for all of us! The only real danger this week is from the liquid starches that may be consumed on New Year's Eve. That and the mini-cheeseburger puffs my neighbor wants me to bring to their party... They are awesome, but definetely NOT on plan...

jewljz
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Well I for one am so happy about this last week... I completely went crazy, well not CRAZY, but I ate whatever I wanted and just listened to my body to tell me when I was full... I didn't even gain 1 oz.! Completely maintained my weight - which is a great relief. I have been so worried for so long that I would never be able to eat certain foods again, but since my body is working correctly now it was able to metabolize properly! I even ate Dove chocolates (in moderation) almost every day! Don't get me wrong, I still paid attention to food groups and tried to eat my fruits and veggies (and drink my water) to balance everything out - most of our Christmas treats are proteins and starches... The best thing is that I KNOW that that was 'special occasion' eating and that continuing on eating like that would eventually cause me to gain weight - I'm just relieved that I didn't do any damage.

So - besides the personal triumph - Christmas was good, the anticipated family drama took a backseat to the kids excitement about gifts and Santa, which was wonderful! I got a glimpse into new motherhood again - we babysat my 9mo old twin nieces on Saturday night, I got a little bit of sleep and my arm got a good workout! I am now sure that we did the right thing by stopping at 3 kids!

What's everyone's plan for New Years? We should start a thread for Resolutions...

JLem311
12-29-2008, 01:26 PM
hello everyone. just wanted to check-in quick between wrangling the kids and cleaning. :)

Repo girl
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Morning everyone! I am just cleaning and working. We had a wonderful Christmas. DH gave me a Dell laptop!! It is so nice. He is convinced that I have books in me, so along with the laptop he bought me 2 books about writing, also a very cool software program to write in. As far as food, I did not do really great, but I did discover sometihing important. Last week I mentioned that I had read an article about foods that affect Reiki and intuition. I decided to go off of meat for a while and see what happens. I only ate meat once last week, Christmas dinner. Turns out that is absolutely true. So, while I am not going to deprive myself of an occasional hamburger, I am planning on avoiding meat for the most part from now on. Now I need to tackle the next biggie. Sugar.

BarbaraB
12-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi everyone!

Julie, how great that you didn't gain!

Dan, I had a salty Christmas, as I went for the ham... and you know what a half a ham is really way too much ham for us. I think perhaps my sister with my 17 year old nephew might need some of that ham, as we are growing weary of it, and I've felt bloated for days due to eating that ham... it does make really good soup though.

The snow has melted! Life is returning to somewhat normal around here. I made it back to the gym. I feel better about missing the spin classes due to snow, as it turns out that they were cancelled anyway. I've been 3 days in a row... burning off my ham and potato chip Christmas indulgences... I think literally sweating out the extra salt is good.

equinetcan
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey everybody. I am glad to hear that everyone had a nice xmas. I don't have much to comment on mine as I was alone this year so it was pretty quiet. Just me and the dog. I am actually putting the xmas stuff away tonight and tomorrow. Get things back to some form of normalcy again.

We have had a ton of snow so far this year and there is more coming for later this week again. Last week the storm was bad enough one day I just worked from home as there was no getting up my hill. Even if I did the visibility was so bad from the wind it was just too dangerous out on the highway.

Nicole - had to tell you your new addition is so cute!! penelope, fluffy, furball - whatever you call her she is cute.

I promise to be around more now. I even read all of the last 2 weeks posts to try and catch up a bit again.

I'll check in later again...

Joni135
12-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone....Dan is on the ball getting this thread started!
Alannah - good to see you still lurking...so do you have your "pup" full time now (I may have missed that turn of events). I saw all your snow pics.....and all I can say is keep it up north! I like shoveling snow about one time per year.

I've already taken down my Christmas decorations because I went on a cleaning binge yesterday when I was feeling really grumpy and fat. It kept me from eating more and now my house is all clean and nice....

Not sure what got over me, but I did join the 3FC Biggest Loser forum...I noticed Bradley's mom was on there too....I read the best thing on one of the threads.....it said something like "I need to spend four times more time at the gym than I spend on the 3FC Forum boards." Now, I really don't want everyone to bail on the board, but it is true....I often feel guilty for coming here vs. taking a 15 minute walk. Obviously, I don't feel too guilty right now. Have a great week.

jesskahle
12-30-2008, 09:34 AM
What a way to start my week. My centre is now closed. I am so upset... I don't know if I can do it without them....

zambejaly5
12-30-2008, 09:36 AM
What a way to start my week. My centre is now closed. I am so upset... I don't know if I can do it without them....

yes you can. most of us on here have. We chicks are better support than those CODs ever were. you will be fine.

Dan2112
12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Nice pic Lettie.. Very outdoorsy!

zambejaly5
12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks Dan. I thought it was an upgrade from the traditional bathroom background!

bradleys mom
12-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Not sure what got over me, but I did join the 3FC Biggest Loser forum...I noticed Bradley's mom was on there too....I read the best thing on one of the threads.....it said something like "I need to spend four times more time at the gym than I spend on the 3FC Forum boards." Now, I really don't want everyone to bail on the board, but it is true....I often feel guilty for coming here vs. taking a 15 minute walk. Obviously, I don't feel too guilty right now. Have a great week.

Joni - LOL Geees the guilt is really burdening me... I think I will at least go pop in a 15 minute workout dvd! I am hoping the biggest loser challenge motivates me (somewhat) Hope we get on the same team!

Hope everyone behaves themselves on New Years! I got the thumb's up from my doc yesterday to go back at everything so I, along with my 500 extra calories for breastfeeding, are back on the weight loss train!

My center closed while I was pregnant. I have seen so many people on here succeed without their centers. You have all the info you need, just buckle down discipline yourself and you can do it! (I am also taking my own advice :D )

amylou7777
12-31-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Friends!

I've lost my rhythm this week but just did a 1 mile walk with Leslie Sansone and I already feel better. Joni-I agree 100% and your post inspired me to squeeze in a mile before I go to bed.

Hope everyone has a great NYE!

JLem311
12-31-2008, 09:16 AM
hello everyone. just thought i'd pop in before my day gets super crazy. the kids will be over in a few mins and are gonna be here all day/night. it should be a good time. i love it when they spend the night! not sure what we're gonna do all day, but they're bringing some of their new xmas toys and dvds so i'm sure the day will fly by.
dh has tomorrow off but then will be leaving late friday night for his 2wk army stuff. boo. at least it's not going to be 8.5 months like this time last year! so 2wks should seem like nothing compared to that.

ok. gotta go! hope everyone has a great night! be safe!

Kimphin
12-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi all!

Just wanted to make sure that I wished everyone a happy, healthy, and fulfilling New Year.

Repo girl
12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi everyone, Happy New Year!!!

Joni135
12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Glad I'm such an inspiration to folks to work out....maybe I'll go walk the dog! Jillian - have a good day with the kiddos.....and you are right, two weeks will fly by!

So, Katie - did you make up those cards for your children for Christmas.....I thought that was a cool idea!

Repo girl
12-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey Joni, I did make them. They turned out so great that my clients at my clinic are asking for them. I am working on a generic set right now.

bradleys mom
12-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Happy New Year All!!!

WithFaith50
01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I have finished 2 1/2 days of FF and I've lost exactly ZERO pounds and I'm celebrating...YAAAAY :carrot:! Why am I celebrating....? Because it's also TOM...for me that normally means a 3- to 5-lb GAIN. So, FF + TOM = 0 is a reason to celebrate!

Happy New Year everyone...:D

Dan2112
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Great way to look at it WithFaith!

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve... Mine was uneventful as I spent most of it in bed sick from something I ate earlier in the day... It was NOT pretty.. Luckily, our plans for the evening had fallen through anyway, so we didn't miss much.. I was fast asleep as the clock struck midnight..

The positive spin on this is that I didn't indulge in any liquid starches or party food!

amylou7777
01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I fell asleep too Dan! I think that's the first time I've missed it.

Happy New Year everyone!

Today is finally my first official day as an attorney for our office. I'll be tagging along with another attorney for the entire day trying to learn the ropes. I'm nervous/excited and hopeful. I was suppossed to start a few weeks ago but there were some contract/payroll issues so I've been clerking up until now. I'll let you know how it goes!

I forced myself to walk 3 fast miles with my Leslie Sansone DVD last night. I ate chocolate and an off plan lunch and was just feeling horrible. I am so out of shape, after 2 miles I thought I was going to collapse but I kept going. I finished the three miles and right now I'm geared up for 2 more before I head to the office. DF wants to hit the gym together starting next week (his job location will then be closer to our gym) so I'm trying to ease back into it so I can sort of keep up with him.

I started a Vday challenge too, so I hope you guys are up for it!

I'm back!

Have a great Friday!

BarbaraB
01-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Amylou, Good for you. For finally starting to be a lawyer and for getting back to exercising more.

Dan, I hope you feel better now.

I went to a party for New Year's and had just a few sips of champagne at midnight and a whole boatload of diet doctor pepper (with enough caffiene that I stayed up). I did nibble a little on the snacks, but not too bad.

It is a new year, so a new committment to staying healthy and eating right and getting in lots of exercise for me.

aguerin
01-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Hello All and Happy New Year!

I have been around some, but have been super busy at work and having to travel some too.

Of course my New Years Resolution was to get focused again. The good thing is I only have 10 lbs to go. Still the same 10 pounds the whole year of 2008.

But I have started the year off right. Planning on getting back on the LAWL plan soon. Just trying to stick close to the Fast Forward stuff for now.

Its good to see everyone.

erin1369
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Happy New Years Everyone :)

I swerved way off plan not even close to healthy. But I am ready to set some goals.

I went to my intake appt and it was really hard and liberating to actually be sitting in front of someone and being honest. Here it is easy to type something and not be scared, but to say it outloud was a bit emotional. The outcome was not what I wanted but that's okay. Right now the only thing available until late spring is group sessions. It was hard enough with one person, I am not ready for group sessions. But the good news is I have private insurance and am able to access one on one care with no cost. So I have to call my insurance and get a list of approved doctors. I feel ready to get help with my eating disorder.

Katie I am so jealous you got a laptop! It's my next big purchase. Good luck with the books....when you are a New York times #1 bestselling author don't forget about the little people. LOL!

Jillian don't know if I mentioned you look adorable in your pic! So happy and healthy :)

Julie that is a huge deal maintaining. WAY TO GO!!!

To everyone elso hope you have a great day!

cecil
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi All!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well today is a new day! Can't wait to get the Year off to a great start! I am starting the VDay challenge! I am excited! I am going to stick to it! I know my eating habits have not been the best so I am for sure going to try and stick to the plan as much as possible, and get rid of this chocolate that my Secret Santa gave me! HA! Plus I have been very consistent in going to the gym 3-4 times a week since I joined 3 months ago. So I think if I can get my eating back under control I should be able to lose my last 10 and possibly another 10 on top of that!

I am soo grateful for all of you here! I hope that I can meet and exceed my goal without going to LA. Since my plan is up I am on my own from now on. Kinda of scarey! HA!

Sounds like we all are in the same frame of mind so lets keep up the positive vibes and ROCK this year! 2009 is our year Ladies and Dan! HA!

I will weigh myself tomorrow morning and start from there! Good luck to all of you!

Repo girl
01-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice New Years. We moved our clinic into a new spot yesterday. It is so awesome. I will post pics tomorrow.

Cecilia- It took me awhile, but I managed to get my Christmas chocolate gone too, LOL.

Erin- Good for you!

Dan- Hope you are feeling better.

Amy- Good to see you!

Nicole- Wherefore art thou?

Joni135
01-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Amylou...congrats on the official transition to 'lawyer'
Funny, I just picked up a 3 mile Leslie S walk DVD at Tuesday Morning store the other day. It's still in the wrapper....Now I'm afraid to open it! HA
Dan - sorry you missed the midnight hour. Let me tell you what happend...at exactly midnight eastern time the plastic foam ugly Peach dropped in Atlanta and the beautiful Waterford Chrystal ball dropped in New York city!! You didn't miss a thing (except unnecessary calories). Hi to Liz.
Katie - new year; new office...LIFE IS GOOD!

JLem311
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi. dh is off doing army stuff tonight and then leaving at 6am tomorrow morning. :( at least it's only for 2wks this time. but still.

anyways..we took the kids out to a movie today and they had the best time! it was super fun. we've never done that with them before (they've gone to the movies before, just not with us) so it was great to see them all wide-eyed and excited! :)
we picked up a few things for the baby today..new bottles, a package of diapers and an outfit to come home in. we're trying to buy stuff here and there before she arrives since i don't think i'm having a baby shower (we just don't know that many people) so we're planning on buying everything ourselves. luckily i still have the crib mattress and carseats from the kids that i can reuse and hopefully a few clothes too.
it's weird buying baby stuff since it's been 3yrs since my last..i feel so stummped as to what to get..ugh. only four more months to go. :)

anyways..that's about it for me.

erin--thanks for the compliment. it's nice to hear, even though i feel huge. i know i look and feel so much better this time around than with my previous two. i'm glad to hear that you're on the right track to getting help. that makes me really happy.

amylou--congrats on finally getting to do your attorney stuff! :) yay! and awesome job on the exercise.

joni-- i have the leslie sansone 3mile dvd and love it. it's been so long since i've used it, sad to say. but it is a great dvd. i just put on my mp3 player and mute her..she is a bit too annoying for my taste. ha. :)

hi to katie, dan, cecilia, kim, amy! and welcome to the new peeps!

i'm jealous of all of you and your excitement with setting goals and joining challenges! wish i could be right there with you. i will be soon enough!

ok..gonna go and find something to occupy the rest of my evening. i've got a few books that i got off of ebay that i haven't cracked open yet. we'll see how that goes.

btw--NICOLE--where the heck are you girlie?

JLem311
01-02-2009, 09:32 PM
oh and julie--awesome job maintaining during the holidays! :)
i didn't mean to leave you out of my original post..i just rarely do personals..and that combined with my prego brain, it's not a good combination!

so if i left anyone else out..super sorry!

JerseyMadchen
01-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey Guys! Happy New Year! It looks like everyone’s off to a great start! Getting started is usually the hardest part!

Question for you guys. I know a lot of you use elliptical… My hubby says I can get one. I don’t know where to start. Any recommendations?? I don’t want to spend too much as $$ is tight, but I need some advice!

Amylou- congrats on being an “official” attorney! I was motivated by you and your walking DVD, so I went on eBay and bought the 5 disc set of Leslie Sansone. I LOVE eBay! I am making up a schedule for working out tonight. Alternating all my workout options! Hopefully it will keep it more FUN.

Jillian-2 weeks will fly by SO fast, you won’t believe it! Don’t worry about the competitions… you’ll be back before you know it. We don’t want you there anyways, cause you’ll kick our rear-ends!!! J/k…

Dan- sorry about New Years… I went to an event at my husband’s former church, so there were definitely no liquid starches. Just lots of kids running around screaming. Nature’s best birth control!

Julie- good job maintaining. The holidays are so hard sometimes!! AHH!!

Kim- Happy New Year!

Katie- lucky you and the laptop… I need a new one, but would rather spend the $$ on an elliptical…

Joni- I was in VA for the New Years, and there was no snow either! I am a Jersey girl and no snow here either!!! Yesss…

Kimberly R- Welcome back! Hope to see you on my team for TBL!

WithFaith- Welcome! (That is if you haven’t been here before…) Where in VA are you?? My in-laws are in Waynesboro. We are about the same stats… let’s keep each other on point!

Barbara B- good resolve with the Champagne!

DixieAmy- good luck with your 10lbs!!

Hello to Erin, Ceclila, Nicole, Lettie, Sige, Allanah, and the rest!

JLem311
01-03-2009, 12:05 AM
amy--i got an elliptical about 4yrs ago for a good price at sears. check out their website, i'm thinking you'll find a good deal. mine is a nordictrack. i think it was about $500 or $600. i can't remember. i really love mine. but again..it's been about 5 months since i've used it. oops. :(

amylou7777
01-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Happy Weekend all!

So glad to see that everyone is ready to make 2009 a happy and healthy year! I finally feel like I am ready. I think the new year and a new job gave me a new outlook. I'll take this change in attitude!

I walked the first 2 miles of Leslie's 4 mile CD this morning before work. So glad that others of you like her! Kimberly convinced me to buy her set from QVC last year and I love that I can rotate them. I'm thinking of buying her new 5-day DVD as well as Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I've heard Jillian's is SUPER hard so I've been trying to wait until I think I'm ready. It's amazing how fast it goes by.

DF bought 'Rockband' for us tonight. Wow-so much fun! We've been rocking out for the past two hours. Does pounding on the drums count as exercise? I swear my arms are tired!

Jillian-you really do look like the cutest pregnant girl! How fun to take the kiddies to a movie, what did they see? Hold tight while DH is away. 2 weeks will be piece of cake!

Amyjersey-yay! Buying an elliptical over the laptop is a huge decision-good for you! I think you will love leslie, I agree with Jillian (her voice can get wearing) so I just mute after I've done it a couple times through and then listen to upbeat music.

Thanks Joni! Take Leslie for a 3 mile spin, it feels good! How much was she at Tuesday? I'm thinking of getting some new ones to add more variety.

Dixie Amy-Very good to see you!

Hi Erin! Hang in there girl! I think you'd be surprised how empowering a group meeting set-up can be. Maybe you should give it a try!

Hi Katie, Julie, WithFaith, Kimberly! Let's come back on Monday with great news of a POP weekend!

dolphn545
01-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi Everybody!

Just popping in to say hi to some old friends. I'm back on the boards, although I'm not sure which plan I will be following to start off the new year with.

Just wanted to say HI. You all look great!

and wishing everybody a Happy and Healthy New year!

Joni135
01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi Sherry...good to see you lurking around. Funny you should say that 'not sure which plan you are going to follow'...with LAWL pretty much going under everywhere....having a dedicated LAWL board seems kind of wrong...but we are all friends and this is where we go to chat. Personally I started Calorie Counting and Exercise and will try and make some new "friends" on that board as well....

Amy - I got the 3 mile DVD for $4.99 at Tuesday Morning.

Jersey - Have you thought about checking on Craigslist for a used Eliptical?? My only piece of advice for anyone buying anything is get on it and try it. I bought a treadmill 10+ years ago and still love it. I can swing my arms and I don't hit the side bar...the tread is long enough that I don't fall off the back if I want to take a long, slow stride....again...test it out. Get on it and start it up and move on it for five minutes.....then you'll know exactly what you are getting.

So, my team mate and I went and weighed in for our county's "Better Weight than Ever competition" - their scale was ultra cruel and had me at 177.5....that is the most I have ever seen on a scale. The gal admitted it was at least two lbs heavy....but it's the official weigh in for this four month competition. I'm psyched and ready to give it my all.....I have to go work out and come up with a team name......

Take care....

Oh, I saw these cute quotes on another thread:

Those who think they have no time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. - Edward Stanley, the Earl of Derby, 1873

Failure is not an option, so choose something else.

Jenniferk2008
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Hello Everyone - Happy New Year to all! I have had 0 time to be online the past couple of weeks, but the good news is I was not only able to not cheat to much over the holidays, I actually lost 5 lbs - with all the eating out, family get togeathers, and more than a little drinking, I am so happy! Good start to a new year - hope you all have the same.

Jenn...

Sige
01-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I didn't stay on plan over the holidays, but did stay the same weight...guess the metabolism kicked in! Yay!!

Repo girl
01-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi Sherry, good to see you!!

bradleys mom
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
WOW, I am impressed by everyones personals. I suck at that. I love love love Leslie Sansone. I bought her Waist Slimming belt and dvd today and cant wait to use it (if I would ever get away from 3FC! LOL).

As you can probably see <---- over there, I am trying out WW now. I was so disappointed in the LAWL on the go counselors giving me such wrong information about my plan and about breastfeeding. So I am going to see how this works. I hope you all dont mind me hangin' out here! I am always a LAWL'er at heart!!!

bradleys mom
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Joni, My WW quote is "Thou shall not weigh more than thy refigerator." I love it.

BTW, Does Felicia still hang around here? I havent seen (or I have missed) any posts from her!

dolphn545
01-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Kimberly - I'm leaning more toward WW again as well at this point. I NEED to go into someplace, pay somebody and it seems to hold me more accountable. I was really disappointed when my COD closed, because it was working for me. But, I do know that WW works too.

JerseyMadchen
01-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Hey GUys!

Just wanted to check in before signing off to watch NFL Playoffs (E-A-G-L-E-S!!!)

THanks for the advice regarding the elliptical...

Kimberly R & Dolphin- I too am on WW... let's keep each other accountable! But I too am a LAWL'r at heart!

Have agreat day~!

bradleys mom
01-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Oh Amy! I quit watching the playoffs after the colts lost last night! They were my #2 team (Cowboys are my #1!!!)

WithFaith50
01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello everyone! Just checking in. I was able to complete my weekly exercise goal of 10 miles with WATP (Leslie Sansone) ... I actually did 11 miles :carrot:! I receive my LAWL materials from eBay. From those I determined that I'm supposed to follow Plan 4 w/lites or Plan 5 w/o lites.

Does anyone know if there is a "true" weight loss benefit in doing the Express plan? The Free to Live plan appears to have the same serving sizes but more variety which would make the plan more doable. :?:

Thanks...:)