Does it Work? - Skinny Switch Secret

View Full Version : Skinny Switch Secret

Phoenix32203
12-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Has anyone else seen these ads, or has anyone tried it? It looks like it is based on calorie shifting and food combinations. I am intrigued....

wurdnerd
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
I went for the "free" trial and canceled within 3 days.

The diet is a bunch of pick and choose meals based on the Zone 40/30/30 ratio. Every third day is your cheat day where the calories and carbs are a bit higher, plus you get your one treat food. Really nothing more than that. The recipes are interesting, but all require a fair amount of cooking.

Bottom line, what you get on the website is NOT worth the price they are charging. E-diets offers about the same thing with tons more content.

candypalmer28
01-17-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm on the diet now and have been on it for 4 days. Today is "load up day". So far I like it better then any other diet I've been on. I've been on diets since I was 14 an I'm now 28 every year I try something new an nothing has worked out any good. I have never reached my goal weight on any of these major diets or any diet at all. Money wasted!!! The skinny switch cost me abour $150 for six months an like I said today is day 4. The food is practical and delicous. You pick from a long list of foods you will eat and won't. Thus, customized menu. They put your menu together you just pick what you like. So far I've eatin bagels n cream cheese, cheese an pepper omlettes with rye toast, chinese steak an noodle stir fry (Yum) turkey and cheese sandwiches ect. Nothing seems like diet food at all an the amounts has got me thinking how is it possible to loose weight eating this much. I will say you eat three meals and 2 snacks but I don't have room for the snacks....too much to eat at meal time! This program has me wondering, it's not like any other I've been on an their all pretty much the same in some way. You know your on a diet with those but not this one! I hope it does work because I know I can live on this one. I've only actually cooked like 10-20 minute meals so far. It's very simple. You can eat out on this.
1. Jenny Craig---eeeewwwww & $$$ no eating out
2. L.A Weightloss----I starved & $$$ barely eating especially out
3. Atkins----Impossible & $$ nothing to eat out
4. Zone----Not for me & $$ no eating out
5. Nutrisystem---ok but annoying & $$$ if you eat out you have to BYOF
6. Raw Food Diet----Not for normal people with a life. No eating out
7. Mayo clinic-----Rabbit food No eating out!

Candy

Suzanne 3FC
01-17-2009, 01:40 PM
eDiets is about 2.99 per week (cancel any time) and lets you customize your menus as well, with many diet options so you can choose what works for you. The basic eDiets plan is very flexible without restrictions of other plans, and is nutritious.

Floprieto
01-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Candy: Just curious if you had lost anyweight so far...

candypalmer28
01-20-2009, 01:12 AM
Today was day 6 and I did weigh myself. I am glad to report that I have lost s2 pounds. It probably would have been more but I don't drink that much water at all. Maybe I should! I still can't eat the snacks, thought that part would pass especially since I'm a big eater, that's why I'm fat in the first place! I do feel better from the inside out though. You can tell a difference when you eat healthier. I was out for a while today and got really hungry, I thought about taco bell but the thought of all that grease turned my off instead of on like it usually does........THANK YOU JESUS!

Floprieto
01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey candy,

The program really got my attention and I decided on signing up. i am finishing up Day 2. So far, I love the food and I really do not feel like on a diet :) I am kind of not sure how the load up day works... Can we use it instead of any meal or snack? and if so, can we just randomly pick what we want? I have a cheese quesadillas scheduled for dinner, but I am scared that it won't be enough to fill me up ;)

candypalmer28
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
ok load up day is more like "treat yourself day". You can pick off the list which MEAL you want to be your treat meal! You can have a fast food cheese burger, taco ect. Or you can eat what they already put on your menu and still get the same bodily reaction. I found that the food they asign stay with you longer then the fast foods that we're soooooooooooo tempted by. I did the fast food thing and I was left hungry, since you can have a cheeseburger OR french fries not both at the same time. So now I just stick to what they tell me and I'n equally happy. Not that I won't ever eat fast food, I'm saving that for when I'm stuck out in town and have no other choice. I've completely lost track of my days but so far I'm down 7 Lbs!!!! Go me!!!! lol

candypalmer28
01-23-2009, 10:27 PM
I just wanted to add that I thought the same way about not being full after but since these foods seem more like quick fix junk food and not your Broccoli and grilled chicken meals I am satisfied with that thought, it really is in my head. So how are you doing now?

ToutDeSuite
01-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Please share some of the foods you've been eating. I'm considering giving this plan a try. Thanks in advance!

ToutDeSuite
01-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Boy, the Web site is temporarily unavailable -- I bet everyone and their dog is looking at the site following the infomercial!

Floprieto
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
well here is a sample of a lean day:

Breakfast: Yogurt with Bagel
lunch: Taco salad
Snack 1: BLT
Dinner: BBQ chicken and brown rice
Snack 2: Crakers with apple and cheese

i change the menu around quite a bit because i do not want to spend tons of $$ on food... so i do a few days following the same meal plan ;)

Floprieto
01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
As far as result, i lost 1.6 lbs in the first 3 days but then I just started eating whatever so...

But I am ready for tomorrow and got all my food ready!

Bella
02-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I am new here....just watched the infomercial and am thinking of joining. I an doing weight watchers now but it is so painfully slow and that is not very motivating at all!

This one looked a little better...

Destiny2009
02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi everyone. I am new and I really do need to lose some weight. I saw the infomercial and I must say that I am very interested in this new diet plan. It is not too restrictive and I get to pick what I want to eat. Give me any kind of feedback on this new diet or shall I say way of life plan.

Amarantha2
02-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Of course, even without ANY paid website, you can put together menus and snacks into a meal plan from all the books on nutrition available in a library plus all the information about same available on the internet and great sites like this as well. You can also do what I did and buy an inexpensive nutritional and fitness software program and use it in your hard drive forever.

Destiny2009
02-09-2009, 08:12 PM
What nutritional and fitness software did you buy? Where did you get it? Are the meals easy to make and taste good? I'd love to find out. Maybe I can go searching for the same software and see what it's all about.

Destiny2009
02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi, Candy. Congrats on your weight loss. I am very interested in this diet. I hope to start a diet soon and lose weight successfully. Are the meals hard to make? Do they taste good? It should be a good diet since 4 major insurance companies refer their clients to him. I like that there's an address (physical) that you can contact them with. Some infomercials companies only have a post office box or just a phone number. Seemed like they were hiding from the better business bureau.

YSLGoddess
02-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Hi All....

I am also very interested in this program, have done many others, but can't seem to find one to stick with for various reasons, expense in having to buy certain kinds of foods and more so with ones to fit my lifestyle. A family of four with very different like and dislikes. I like the fact that, if I need a "cheat" day I can have one within reason. It's hard when foods are "off limits" because of fat, refined sugars, etc. sometimes its just unavoidable.
I personally have the dicipline to diet, and I can commit once I find something I like and can stick with. I am liking the sound of this, but would really appreciate any advice. I have looked at the website to join, but before I do , I would like to know if certain foods that I enjoy are allowed.
Foods such as beans, rice ( brown or white), cheese, pasta ( Whole Wheat), Bananas, Milk, and does sugar of any kind need to be stayed away from?
I like to be creative with things. I guess I am wondering if this is like eating foods in the "right combinations". Any help would be appreciated, and maybe if someone wants to share a "typical" day of foods they eat throughout the day. Thanks ALL, and Good Luck!:)

Destiny2009
02-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Candy is doing the diet now. Check with her but I did com across this website: tvskinnyswitchsecret.com/dont-use-the-skinny-switch-secret-until-you-read-this. It's this man that created this just to review the diet to see if it really works. He gives you updates on the diet and his progress. So, far he has lost 18 pounds. He says he really likes it and he plan to stay on it.

YSLGoddess
02-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Candy is doing the diet now. Check with her but I did com across this website: tvskinnyswitchsecret.com/dont-use-the-skinny-switch-secret-until-you-read-this. It's this man that created this just to review the diet to see if it really works. He gives you updates on the diet and his progress. So, far he has lost 18 pounds. He says he really likes it and he plan to stay on it.

Thanks Destiny for answering my post. I tried to go to that website to read your suggestion, but it didnt allow me to read wha you were discribing. I have been checking daily to see an update from Candy. I am anxious and curious, how she is doing on the program. I am thinking I may give it a try and see what happens, I guess the 30 day guarantee is a plus, therfore worth a shot! Again, Thanks for the reply!
:)

YSLGoddess
02-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Destiny,

forgot to ask you if you indeed started the program yet??

litegirl32
02-22-2009, 10:36 AM
My question is (about the skinny switch secret) - they claim the meals are customized to the member - are they really? the free profile they let you 'create' doesn't ask any questions about your body type. So are they just allowing you to tell them what you like, then they create a menu based on x amount of calories per day? Does there seem to be anything special about the combination of foods that makes it different than, say, just buying a LeanCuisine meal for 3 meals per day for a week where you just stand in front of the freezer and pick what you like?
Dawn

Amarantha2
02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Destiny, re your question about a month ago (haven't been back on the thread since then), I just use Fitday PC, it's the downloaded version you pay for. I paid something like $39 for it approximately six years ago or so and used it every single day except for two months when I stopped for some reason a few years ago. Recently I had a computer crash and decided to start again with the updated version and just paid for a new one. I think it was $29. It's pretty much the same product except with some extra features plus with this one I could link with a premium (paid if I wanted it but far, far, far less than the cost of the program being quoted in this thread) Fitday online account, which I don't have and don't want.

There are very many similar packages of nutritional software you can buy or that you can use either free online or for a small fee. I think someone mentioned ediets ...

You can also sit down with a paper and pencil and a calorie counter and write up menus and log in a paper journal, which is what I did during the majority of my weight loss.

However, if people like a product that helps them for whatever reason, and they can pay for it and are willing to pay for it, then that's their business.

I just find that there's a big jungle of folks out there in the good ol' web world workin' hard to pop in and out of various places and promote diet services that aren't necessary.

Like the idea of calorie cycling, which seems to be the premise this diet is based on. It's an old, old, old idea that bodybuilders have used since the last century, decades ago it got touted a lot as the Wendy Plan, etc., etc. ... nobody really invented it, it's just something people do, eat more some days, eat less some days and a lot of people have noticed that it causes dieters to move off weight plateaus, etc., maybe the metabolic effect of switching the food around, dunno?

Anyhow, sorry to be windy. I enjoy this section of the forum as I think it's interesting to talk about weight loss and all the diverse ideas people have about it.

Destiny2009
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
That is quite fine to be winded cuz I am very interested in anything I can learn. Right now, I am searching for the right diet that fits my lifestyle. I may go back to ww cuz I really need the motivation. I am not getting motivated at home at all and I need some kind of support, that's why I like this website. I find that I really like e-diets. It seems flexible enough to deal with. I hear alot of people on here talk about fitday. I don't really know too much about it but I'd like to find out.

Destiny2009
02-25-2009, 11:55 AM
No, I haven't started just yet. How I got to that link is I put skinny switch secret in the search field and I clicked on the result that showed reviewboard. The website review certain products and give back updates. That's how I found out about Todd's results. He's the one that's doing the diet right now and he lost 29 pounds so far and it's only been a couple of weeks. He has alot of weight to lose. So, he said he is sticking with it cuz he loves the results that he's getting.

Beejene
03-07-2009, 08:46 AM
I have tried the program but it was years ago and I actually went to one of Rob Nevins locations in my area. I loved it. I was never hungry and lost inches and weight like crazy. I was shrinking week by week. I don't know if he has changed it since then but back then you couldn't have any goodies. I see his commercials say you can now eat cake, cookies etc on certain days. So for any of you who are on it, can you tell me if these are goodies that you buy at the store or are they only things that he supplies? I am thinking of signing up again but would like a bit more info.
Thanks

nhmom
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
I decided to register and post, because I really feel for all of the women on this thread. I think almost every woman, and even men most likely, has wanted to lose weight at one point or another and so these commercials and programs really get our attention when we are feeling this way to begin with.

I agree, that you can design these programs yourself, use books, online sites etc, to do the same as a "paid program" , but I think that the real VALUE in these "paid programs" is that you Don't have to design it yourself.
The work has already been done.

I guess it is a matter of "what price do I want to pay for convenience".

I saw this commercial, and was really intrigued because I am turning 40 in a few months, have 4 children (2 under 5 and 2 teens) and I run a business myself, and My husband works a full time job too.

I honestly wish I had more time to "plan" our family meals and write things down, journal etc like I used to when I was in my 20's. I am NOT an organized person, and if I was, I would probably have been able to continue to manage my own eating plan once I had children etc.

Unfortunately, I am not, :) . I have purchased many books, journals etc over the years that are very helpful and really work...IF I read them and IF I fill them in :)
But alas, the latest 2 (Journal and Book that I paid over 40.00 for together) are STILL sitting on the desk. I often throw them in my bag, thinking "Today I am going to try to read them/fill them in between picking up and dropping off the kids and running to the shop)
I bought them at least 6 months ago. Not even a full page read.

Course it also takes me 6 months to read my James Patterson novels sometimes, and I love those :)

But that's me. My life is busy, and my kids come first, so if I can spend less time on this, and make a difference in our food life :) it may be worth it.

Thanks for reading! I hope it helped someone :)

bam81300
03-14-2009, 08:48 PM
:carrot:Hi, I started the Skinny Switch today and I am encouraged by some of the comments. I hope it works bacause it seems something that will fit with my lifestyle_a quick Zone bar for breakfast and french toast on the weekends, some frozen lunches that I can pop in the microvwave at work. I need the the structure and don't have the the motivation to figure it out myself. I have gained 30 pounds over the past 3 years and cannot afford new clothes, hate mirrors and it is not good professionally. I am sure menopause in not helping either. Wish me luck!

momfirst
04-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Has anyone had success on the skinny switch plan? I just saw the infomercial this morning and I laughed because I didn't really know what he was selling, but I wanted it. I wanted to really know if anyone was truly having success.

Thanks

lKate
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi!
I just joined this site because Google brought up your website as a place where gals were discussing this diet and others.
I am very interested in this diet but have some questions.
I do see that there are several first time posters here with no replies... that's a little disheartening.

My biggest concern is that from what I have been able to read out there on the interweb it looks like I'll have to buy a bunch of stuff like low/non fat dressings, non fat dairy and things like eggbeaters.
I can tell you right now, I am not likely to do that. So, in hopes that someone can tell me that I can use what's in my pantry, I'll keep an eye out for some input.
K.

Chubby Girl 174
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
:carrot:Hi, I started the Skinny Switch today and I am encouraged by some of the comments. I hope it works bacause it seems something that will fit with my lifestyle_a quick Zone bar for breakfast and french toast on the weekends, some frozen lunches that I can pop in the microvwave at work. I need the the structure and don't have the the motivation to figure it out myself. I have gained 30 pounds over the past 3 years and cannot afford new clothes, hate mirrors and it is not good professionally. I am sure menopause in not helping either. Wish me luck!
How are things going with the diet? Do you reaccomend this plan?

VALady78
05-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Here's the link to the guy that's doing a weekly review of the diet. He's currently on week 7.

http://www.reviewboard.com/reviews/kitchen/7955-Skinny-Switch-Secret-Diet-Review-Updated.html

lKate
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey girls!
I started this plan one week ago.
So far I have lost 5.5 lbs. The first three poured off on the first day - water weight I'm sure.
The food on this plan is great. But there is a lot to be desired on the overall plan. Shopping is a nightmare but after poking around I am finding ways to use the remainders of those bits and pieces of things like avocado by substituting meals that contain similar ingredients. It's not easy though!

The software and forum are lacking what it needs to be truly great. The way I look at it though, I spent $157 for a years membership. In that amount of time I can learn how to cook in a healthier way and hopefully will have ditched the other person I am packing around with me :)

K.

VALady78
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
I signed up for this back in March but I haven't even attempted to start it til now.

I know the biggest turn off for me so far is not the cooking; it's the shopping!! Sure, they give you a shopping list, but honestly, it stinks. They pretty much take the menu for the week and make it in a list form.

And if you sign up for the 1 person plan, the meal receipes are for just 1 person. Had to break out with some old school math to convert ozs to lbs.

Dana

Hey girls!
I started this plan one week ago.
So far I have lost 5.5 lbs. The first three poured off on the first day - water weight I'm sure.
The food on this plan is great. But there is a lot to be desired on the overall plan. Shopping is a nightmare but after poking around I am finding ways to use the remainders of those bits and pieces of things like avocado by substituting meals that contain similar ingredients. It's not easy though!

The software and forum are lacking what it needs to be truly great. The way I look at it though, I spent $157 for a years membership. In that amount of time I can learn how to cook in a healthier way and hopefully will have ditched the other person I am packing around with me :)

K.

nelie
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
That sounds a lot like ediets? Beyond recipes and shopping lists, what benefit is the program?

dragnflyte
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
For those who have started the diet, can you give an example of what you might eat during the course of a day?

I was reading about another diet (Fat Loss 4 Idiots) which claims to be the same thing for less money, but their meals were not balanced.

One meal could be fruit salad. The next meal could be one chicken breast, nothing else. The next is half a head of lettuce. It doesn't sound healthy.

If anyone could confirm whether or not the meals on this plan are different, or give an example, I'd greatly appreciate it.

LillyLove
06-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi Ladies!
I just watched the informercial this mornig and like most of you, was very intrigued...Do any of the gals on the plan have any updates?
I am a bit reluctant to spend the money since i have spend SO much on diets throught my lifetime..and failed....
Thanks!

wannabebella
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Hello Ladies. I'd like to share a bit about myself, then get to the questions and other things.

My name is Ashley, and I am fat. There, I said it. :) I'm 17 years old tomorrow and will be starting school in about a month. I've been obese since I was a kid (around 6) and have continued to grow. Back in September 08, I got sick, and was forced to go on hospital/homebound. I have since started new medicine that will hopefully get me back out there (I have psoriatic arthritis, and some other stuff going on). I plan to start actual school when it starts back. Anyways, since September, I've gained 30 or so pounds, because I've been, for the most part, inactive. I'm tired of this lifestyle, and I mean it this time. I've never been on a diet, I've never been much of an exercise freak, and I haven't really watched my food intake for years.

Ok, now that's done. I saw the infomercial for the Skinny Switch a few months ago and, like most other women who have posted, am very intrigued by the idea. I have some questions, though:
1. Does the guy/others make a menu for you? And if so, what kind of foods are on the diet? Like, fat free syrup, or 2% milk, or pie. I'd like some examples of normal meals and the "treat day" meals.
2. For the women who have started the diet, do you exercise along with it? And if so, does it work really well, or do you think you could go without and still lose the weight easily?
3. Does the weight stay off?

I'm sure I could come up with some more, but those are all I have right now. To the women who have started this program, congratulations. You have goals, and have set them in motion. :) I would like to hear how Candy is doing if anyone has heard from her. Right now, I'm about 80% convinced this diet might actually work!

fitNhealthy
07-14-2009, 06:10 PM
Ashley,
Congratulations! You are 17 and learninghow to take care of your body. I did learn until I was in my 30's. Exercising will make you feel better-I promise. You can walk for 20 minutes, do pilates, aerobics, dance etc. Make it fun and choose what you like to do. I have not done the diet but I am obese and need to loose too. Good Luck!!!

wannabebella
07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Thank you, fit! I do love walking, and i like dancing. I plan to to sign up at the Y and do different things until I find what I like. I've never done pilates or yoga, I think I should try it! :)

I wish you all the luck in the world in your journey, as well!! :D

wannabebella
07-20-2009, 11:22 AM
An update: Today is my fourth day on this plan, and i'm loving it. The first two days were difficult, but I can feel my body changing and adapting. The food is great, and so customizable. Having the option to eat out is great (I prefer eating subway because what I eat fills me up quick and keeps me full, unlike BK or McDs). The one thing is just watching your plan and following it as much as you can, and drinking lots of water (half your body weight, example: you weigh 150 pounds, so you drink 75 oz of water each day). I'd like everyone who's thinking of this to just try it out. I don't think you'll be dissapointed, and if you are, you get a total refund within 30 days.

Oh, and to answer my own questions...
1. They make a plan for you with the foods you pick out, but you can switch them out for something else if you want. They have an exchange list, so it makes it a lot easier. Once you browse around the site, it's easy to figure out.
2. From what I've heard, it depends on how fast you want to go.

dragnflyte
07-22-2009, 03:42 PM
An update: Today is my fourth day on this plan, and i'm loving it. The first two days were difficult, but I can feel my body changing and adapting. The food is great, and so customizable. Having the option to eat out is great (I prefer eating subway because what I eat fills me up quick and keeps me full, unlike BK or McDs). The one thing is just watching your plan and following it as much as you can, and drinking lots of water (half your body weight, example: you weigh 150 pounds, so you drink 75 oz of water each day). I'd like everyone who's thinking of this to just try it out. I don't think you'll be dissapointed, and if you are, you get a total refund within 30 days.

Oh, and to answer my own questions...
1. They make a plan for you with the foods you pick out, but you can switch them out for something else if you want. They have an exchange list, so it makes it a lot easier. Once you browse around the site, it's easy to figure out.
2. From what I've heard, it depends on how fast you want to go.

wannabebella, can you give me an idea of what you might eat for your daily meals? I just want to get an idea as to how balanced the meals are. I worry that you eat 2 apples for breakfast, and 1 chicken breast for lunch, etc.

Thanks for any info you can supply!

lynnm2045
07-23-2009, 08:10 PM
well here is a sample of a lean day:

Breakfast: Yogurt with Bagel
lunch: Taco salad
Snack 1: BLT
Dinner: BBQ chicken and brown rice
Snack 2: Crakers with apple and cheese

i change the menu around quite a bit because i do not want to spend tons of $$ on food... so i do a few days following the same meal plan ;)

Just curious, are you still on the plan and if so how are you doing? Can you give another example of the 3 days you eat as well? I am seriously considering trying this plan and may join up after the weekend. Thank you!

wannabebella
07-25-2009, 07:03 PM
ok, i'll post my menu for the next 3 days. today and tomorrow are my leanout days, and monday is my loadup day.

Saturday:
-breakfast: All-bran cereal with milk and apple (there are many substitutions for fruit if you care to change it around, i usually eat applesauce.)
-lunch: turkey and cheese sandwich (also comes with a serving of fruit.)
-snack 1: cheese with fruit and wheat crackers. (very good)
-dinner: BBQ chicken with brown rice (also comes with a serving of veggies. you can swap around these, too. also a serving of fruit.)
-snack 2: BLT

Sunday:
-breakfast: All-bran cereal with milk and apple.
-lunch: peanut butter sandwich (serving of fruit included)
-snack 1: BLT
-dinner: Honey mustard chicken (comes with serving of veggies and fruit)
-snack 2: cheese with fruit and wheat crackers

Monday: On loadup days, you can "treat" yourself to one meal.
-breakfast: peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk
-lunch: hot dog *TREAT FOOD* (hot dog plus i'll add some relish and have some tater tots or something)
-snack 2: veggies and dip
-dinner: tomato baked chicken (comes with fruit serving)
-snack 2: veggies and dip

Now, I eat meals at 4 hour intervals (example: bfest: 10, lunch: 2, snack1: 4, dinner: 6, snack2: 8), and i drink TONS of water. I just weighed and measured myself today, and since starting one week ago, I've lost 11 pounds, 2 inches off my thighs, and 1 inch off my stomach. I'm pretty proud of myself.

On the meals itself, I repeat a lot, to save on money, and as you can see, I eat a lot of sandwiches. IT'S OK! You're not starving yourself on this diet. I can barely eat my snacks because i'm so full. The meals are really balanced, and you're not eating a ton of just fruit or just chicken, lol.

I got a journal going that has all the info I need in it (exchange list, measurements, recipes, fast food lists) and I find it so helpful. I do not exercise right now. I still have to clear it up with my doctor (go wednesday) as to what I can do.

I can't say it enough -Try this plan! Give it a chance. If you'd like anymore info, please don't hesitate to ask!

tamber25
07-29-2009, 01:39 AM
Has anyone else seen these ads, or has anyone tried it? It looks like it is based on calorie shifting and food combinations. I am intrigued....

STAY AWAY FROM SKINNY SWITCH SECRET
They Charge you 155.00for it and it is a rip off i tried it and I got scammed they never told me that i would get charged 40.00 a month I did not agree to a year I had only agreed to try it for 4-6 months and i was only to pay for i think it was 3 month and 3 month free it was only supposed to be about 60 dollars.. My suggestion to you is weight watchers or simply count you carb intake the fewer carbs the better...
GOOD LUCK

wannabebella
07-30-2009, 08:52 PM
it says plainly on the receipt that you'll be billed for 6 months, and then you get 6 months free.

anitaloseweight
08-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi to all I loved reading your posts I joined up for this one.. I am new so work with me.. I too was up at 6 a.m. watching that skinny switch I am curious. I only need to loose 140 pounds:(

anitaloseweight
08-15-2009, 07:39 AM
So positive feed back about the skinnyswitch22.. saw it this morning and want it, need it, HAVE GOT TO HAVE IT!!! LOLOLOLOL! Seriously I'm weighing in at a serious 265LBs at 5 foot I need help, tired of the yo-yo diets.
HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP:)

gabby
08-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello,
Newbie here. Would like to hear some more progress stories about this skinnyswitch plan. I saw the infomerical last night and looking into it.

I have an urgent medical condition in which rapid weight loss is imperative to save my life in the immmediate and of course, long term.

Hate to spend the(more) money on a diet plan but desperate.

I have very little use of right arm and no use of left so I'm also concerned about the cooking aspect.

Any additional updates or info would be great.

Also looking at the fatlossfordummies site as well.

Thank you

Gabby :hug:

P.S. Also sick of buying my underwear in five packs! LOL :D

madison27
08-23-2009, 09:52 PM
"Skinny Switch Secret" is based on calorie shifting. Don't waste your hard earned $$. You can get all the information that you need for free on the web. Just google 'calorie shifting'.

dragnflyte
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I started it recently, and while my weight loss has been slow, it's there. Also, I know I am putting much healthier foods into my body, and my cravings for junk food & sweets have disappeared (for me, that's the best part). I really enjoy the meals, there is a lot of flexibility, and I never feel deprived. I also don't feel like I need to avoid social situations (like I used to with Weight Watchers), for fear of having to go off plan, or resign myself to "rabbit food" while watching my friends splurge. Plus, my husband (who is extremely picky) actually likes the food on this plan! When I was on Weight Watchers, I was cooking 2 completely different meals every day, which made far more work for me.

The biggest adjustment for me is the planning. You can't just decide your meals on the fly. You need to prep them ahead of time, even if it's just the night before. You need to make sure you have/can get the proper ingredients, and you need to weigh/measure everything. That has definitely been a huge adjustment for me. But I'm getting there, and I find that if I pack my breakfast, lunch & snack the night before, I can just grab my lunch bag on my way out the door to work & I'm good for the day.

Yes, you can get info on calorie shifting online for free. But this plan gives you more than that. It gives you a support community (which all healthy eating programs recommend), podcasts & videos to motivate you, and tons of recipes that you already know are nutritionally correct for you. Sure, I could get info online about how many & what kinds of calories I should be taking in each day, but I just don't have the time to sit down & work out a bunch of recipes. I am willing to pay for the convenience of having someone else do it for me. I want to follow the plan, not spend my life obsessing over it.

Just my $0.02 :goodvibes

gabby
08-31-2009, 03:14 AM
thank you both very much for your info. Is there a lot of food preparation? This is my biggest concern. I can barely make a sandwich physically so chopped veggies and flipped meat is out. Just want something quick and easy to prepare. Thank you so much again for your help and inspiration.

"Skinny Switch Secret" is based on calorie shifting. Don't waste your hard earned $$. You can get all the information that you need for free on the web. Just google 'calorie shifting'.

I started it recently, and while my weight loss has been slow, it's there. Also, I know I am putting much healthier foods into my body, and my cravings for junk food & sweets have disappeared (for me, that's the best part). I really enjoy the meals, there is a lot of flexibility, and I never feel deprived. I also don't feel like I need to avoid social situations (like I used to with Weight Watchers), for fear of having to go off plan, or resign myself to "rabbit food" while watching my friends splurge. Plus, my husband (who is extremely picky) actually likes the food on this plan! When I was on Weight Watchers, I was cooking 2 completely different meals every day, which made far more work for me.

The biggest adjustment for me is the planning. You can't just decide your meals on the fly. You need to prep them ahead of time, even if it's just the night before. You need to make sure you have/can get the proper ingredients, and you need to weigh/measure everything. That has definitely been a huge adjustment for me. But I'm getting there, and I find that if I pack my breakfast, lunch & snack the night before, I can just grab my lunch bag on my way out the door to work & I'm good for the day.

Yes, you can get info on calorie shifting online for free. But this plan gives you more than that. It gives you a support community (which all healthy eating programs recommend), podcasts & videos to motivate you, and tons of recipes that you already know are nutritionally correct for you. Sure, I could get info online about how many & what kinds of calories I should be taking in each day, but I just don't have the time to sit down & work out a bunch of recipes. I am willing to pay for the convenience of having someone else do it for me. I want to follow the plan, not spend my life obsessing over it.

Just my $0.02 :goodvibes

rlwgone
12-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I saw this infomercial this morning and I'm very interested in this program. I have tried another calorie shifting diet (Fat Loss 4 Idiots) with success, losing 14lbs in the 11 day diet period. I also do go to the gym a few times a week for at least an hour. The main thing I did not like about FL4I is the menu. Very limited and far from a good meal. Bacon for breakfast, Chicken breast for lunch, Macadamia nuts for dinner, etc etc. This got beyond boring very fast, not to mention the expense of buying some of these ingredients for one person. If I were shopping for one weeks worth of "Delicious Shrimp" and Macadamia nuts I could easily spend $30. Also for that diet you had to stay on it for 11 straight days, 2 on 1 off sounds a lot better for my lifestyle. I personally love to cook so that does not bother me at all about this diet..sorry, lifestyle change.

I'm curious to know if anyone on this diet works out or does physical activity on a regular basis and just how that effects your results. The ~$180 price tag is a bit much but how much is your future really worth. I decided 6 months ago that I had let my life go, reaching nearly 500lbs. So far I have tried watching what I eat, FL4I, and going to the gym and I have lost 100lbs. But I've got a lot more to go. If someone offered me a way to lose 1lb of fat for $1 I would surely take it, so if $180 can mean 180lbs of fat, I think I'm willing to take that deal.

nursetrina
02-02-2010, 05:00 AM
I watched the infomercial and was intrigued, anyone have a new update with how they are doing on the plan so far. If anyone is a month or two out I would love to know how it has gone for them and if they were able to stick with it for that long!

Amy Bass
02-09-2010, 02:14 PM
This has me really curious. Can you eat fruits & veggies with it? I am vegan... could I do this adapted to a vegan diet?

jade0818682
02-09-2010, 06:51 PM
my apologies for posting how to access these materials for free... i won't do that again... still interested in hearing from anyone who does NOT think it's a scam and who has actually used any of these calorie cycling programs for MORE THAN two months... has it worked for you???... please post your experience... thanks... seriously considering trying this...

JennLin
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I joined SSS last year after I was declined from weight loss surgery. It was easy, to the point, and the food is good. When I was on it I lost 10-15lbs (give or take) in the first few weeks... but then I discovered I was pregnant with my 2nd baby. I didn't continue the plan as spelled out, but I did use some of the recipes because they were so good and after I delivered our son I was 10lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight.

I had thought my account out have been canceled by now because I joined last January. **this isn't a scam people!! just because you're ticked off you didnt pay attention to the billing doesn't mean its a scam. Most membership type businesses have the potential to bill you in a cycle.** I also want to add I paid $150 for it, which I thought was a good deal considering... the meal planning is a big ticket for me. Anyway..went on a tangent... I thought my account would have been canceled because we hadn't seen any charges (I'll have to double check though)... but I logged on today after being frustrated with not finding a plan that would work for me just to see what i had left. Now since I am able to be a part of this again I am getting back to it.

Not really sure about the calorie switching thing though... I read some about that today but it doesnt seem like the same idea completely. Maybe some ideas are the same... but hello... most diets are similar SOMEHOW! lol

I just wanted to add my input here being someone who has been a member of that plan for a year. Also I hate most diets... this just felt different for me.

2b7again
04-28-2010, 02:02 AM
I signed up for SSS but was personally dissappointed with what it had to offer. Even so, I planned on giving it an honest shot. I ended up never being able to start the diet due to lack of grocery options for my menu. I cancelled it in the trial period. I just felt it was to involved for a menu just for me. Plus I didn't even really see where the switch came in or how your treat day was really any different. Not at all what I expected. Fortunately, it was no problem cancelling and I did receive a refund. So nothing lost (hehe) and nothing gained (hopefully).

noell70
05-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Hello All,

I started Monday. So far I'm LOVING the food and food choices. I purchased the plan in October but was put a medication that required me to monitor my Vitamin K intake. I couldn't wrap my head around doing this at the same time. fast forward - I simply took the time to learn the website and what the program had to offer. It doesnt have to be exspensive or take a whole lot of time. The website will plan a weeks worth of different meals and snacks for you and could cost you major $$$$. Because I can change my menus, I decided to keep breakfast/lunch and the snacks pretty simple, things I can keep at work and grab quickly. Dinners are family time so I selected that family meal program. The recipes so far are very good. They also have a eating out menu for different restaurants so I'm covered if I can't cook. 2 and a half days in and I'm stuffed and 3 pounds lighter.

hazel15
05-27-2010, 02:54 PM
I only need to lose the 10-15 lbs. I put on during college, but have been a dieter all my life as I have always been an overeater. I am tired of counting calories and my social life has thwarted my most recent diet attempts. I was wondering if anyone in a similar situation has done/signed up for the skinny switch? Also does anyone know If you can drink alcohol on any of the days including the cheat day? Anything is helpful thanks!!

mobyclick
06-12-2010, 02:47 PM
This plan is not a scam, but after I signed up WITHOUT taking the trial period option (silly me) now I feeeel scammed. And hungry.

I am 248 lbs, 5 ft. 6 in and obviously I do over eat. So, when I saw real people saying that they liked how they were not hungry and were eating more than they did before the plan convinced me to do it.

What can I say, I don't like feeling hungry.

The 'cheat' foods are sometimes listed without any 'recipe' or calorie info. I am guessing that means they are including the prepared foods. However, the 'croissant and egg and sausage' option I chose was listed with a recipe, it was not the kind I have gotten out at fast food places.

Also, you are allowed to add 1 cup of cooked or 2 cups of raw veggies to lunch or supper each day if you need more veggies. It doesn't specify which veggies are ok and which to avoid.

So if you would never be satisfied with eating a Lean Cuisine meal for lunch and dinner .. not to mention if you do cook, the portions of tuna, chicken, etc are 3 oz for a meal, and 1 oz for 'snacks' ... then skip this program and do something like Weight Watchers Core program.

I will be kicking myself for the next 6 months as I pay for this mistake. Perhaps that can be included as my 'workout?'

2b7again
06-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I did the free trial but was never able to get started. Plus, I didn't notice any difference between the load days and the regular days except allowing yourself a treat. It was too recipe detailed for me and couldn't find some of the ingredients at the local store. I thought the load day would be eat what you want without following a certain plan. Not true. They were very good about refunding my money though.

NOLAChickadee
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

I bought the Skinny Switch diet a little over two weeks ago. While it did work, it worked very slowly, and I didn't have the first week results that I did on Weight Watchers years ago. Also, the food choices are very limited, even when you make a substitution, which the site does help you to do.

I called this morning to cancel, two weeks into the diet, and guess what? The money-back guarantee is only good for 7 days. I mean, come on--who knows whether or not the diet works in 7 days. They said I should have called back and had that time extended. They did take $10 off of each of my payments, but no go as far as money back. The operator told me that I should have read the agreement more carefully. But what other diet only gives anyone 7 days?

I lost about 5 pounds the first week, which was good. The food choices are extremely limited. For people who need something rigid to follow, this may be a good choice, but for people who are not satisfied with limited choices, this is not a good idea. Especially if you don't like cooked tuna fish dishes. There were a few of those, and I cannot stomach that.

Anybody else have problems with these people and know if there's any way around it?

wowgirl
09-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I am at then end of my third week. I have lost 18.5 pounds and 17 inches:carrot::carrot: so far, and it has been the easiest "diet" i have ever been on. It doesn't feel like a diet. It is time consuming in the beginning but there are tricks that make it very easy. The only suggestion i have is sign up on a Sunday so that the meal plan option works best.

ribeachbum
06-23-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm on the diet now and have been on it for 4 days. Today is "load up day". So far I like it better then any other diet I've been on. I've been on diets since I was 14 an I'm now 28 every year I try something new an nothing has worked out any good. I have never reached my goal weight on any of these major diets or any diet at all. Money wasted!!! The skinny switch cost me abour $150 for six months an like I said today is day 4. The food is practical and delicous. You pick from a long list of foods you will eat and won't. Thus, customized menu. They put your menu together you just pick what you like. So far I've eatin bagels n cream cheese, cheese an pepper omlettes with rye toast, chinese steak an noodle stir fry (Yum) turkey and cheese sandwiches ect. Nothing seems like diet food at all an the amounts has got me thinking how is it possible to lose weight eating this much. I will say you eat three meals and 2 snacks but I don't have room for the snacks....too much to eat at meal time! This program has me wondering, it's not like any other I've been on an their all pretty much the same in some way. You know your on a diet with those but not this one! I hope it does work because I know I can live on this one. I've only actually cooked like 10-20 minute meals so far. It's very simple. You can eat out on this.
1. Jenny Craig---eeeewwwww & $$$ no eating out
2. L.A Weightloss----I starved & $$$ barely eating especially out
3. Atkins----Impossible & $$ nothing to eat out
4. Zone----Not for me & $$ no eating out
5. Nutrisystem---ok but annoying & $$$ if you eat out you have to BYOF
6. Raw Food Diet----Not for normal people with a life. No eating out
7. Mayo clinic-----Rabbit food No eating out!

Candy

I tried Skinny Switch for a couple of months and lost about 15 pounds. It is a lot of eating and it's hard to believe you can lose weight and eat so much but it does work. Your metabolism never suffers so what you eat next doesn't get stored as fat because your body is not freaking out that you're starving it. It's the principle of lots of small meals.