Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #1  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Red face I don't want to quit

Hi, everyone,

I don't post very often, but read a lot. Have had numerous setbacks, but still here. I got started again on actually losing a few weeks ago when I started a new job. Lost half a pound and then a pound the next week. I am a slow loser, complicated by some medicine I take.

Anyhow, I weighed myself today, and I know I ate some holiday treats, but I gained 4.5 pounds and am now at my highest weight ever. I am so mad that I can gain so easily, but it takes forever to lose. I now weigh 244.5 . I am so discouraged, but want to get back to feeling optimistic and losing each week. And I have a brunch this morning that I cannot skip---decided to just eat moderately and try to get started afterwards.

How can I not let these bad feelings stop me? How do I get back to feeling encouraged and like it is possible again? I am afraid I will just quit now. Thanks, everyone. You inspire me every day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well firstly, start with the brunch you are going to today: just make healthier choices. Look that menu over well and pick a healthy lunch, and you will feel proud of yourself. This was something that I learned recently: it's my choice to pick healthy foods. I know it's hard; and some days, it's struggle, but it can be done. If you make a mistake, restart, not the next day, but the next meal. In time, it does get better.

I learned over this Christmas, that if I eat something with lots of fat in it, that my stomach gets upset. That shows the progress I have made over the last while: my body doesn't like to be overloaded with too much fat in the foods I'm eating. This is a long learning curve; look at it over the long haul (the rest of your life) and this is just a blip.

You can do this; you only fail, if you quit, so just keep going ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

you CAN do this!!
right this very minute, start to make good choices. you can do this!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #4  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Thank you! I got back from the brunch. Did o.k., but cried on the way home. I have just been trying for so long. Hard to keep believing I can do it. Guess I am stuck in a little pity party. I WILL keep trying, no matter what. Thank you, again.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I am a slow loser as well. However - over time it adds up. I lose 1/2 pound, maybe a pound, then gain a pound back. But, since last January, those little dribbles added up to 30 pounds!

Keep it up, do the right things and the weight loss will follow.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote