Weight Loss Support - I don't want to quit

View Full Version : I don't want to quit

tkdkathy
12-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi, everyone,

I don't post very often, but read a lot. Have had numerous setbacks, but still here. I got started again on actually losing a few weeks ago when I started a new job. Lost half a pound and then a pound the next week. I am a slow loser, complicated by some medicine I take.

Anyhow, I weighed myself today, and I know I ate some holiday treats, but I gained 4.5 pounds and am now at my highest weight ever. I am so mad that I can gain so easily, but it takes forever to lose. I now weigh 244.5 :(. I am so discouraged, but want to get back to feeling optimistic and losing each week. And I have a brunch this morning that I cannot skip---decided to just eat moderately and try to get started afterwards.

How can I not let these bad feelings stop me? How do I get back to feeling encouraged and like it is possible again? :?: I am afraid I will just quit now. Thanks, everyone. You inspire me every day.

Justwant2Bhealthy
12-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Well firstly, start with the brunch you are going to today: just make healthier choices. Look that menu over well and pick a healthy lunch, and you will feel proud of yourself. This was something that I learned recently: it's my choice to pick healthy foods. I know it's hard; and some days, it's struggle, but it can be done. If you make a mistake, restart, not the next day, but the next meal. In time, it does get better.

I learned over this Christmas, that if I eat something with lots of fat in it, that my stomach gets upset. That shows the progress I have made over the last while: my body doesn't like to be overloaded with too much fat in the foods I'm eating. This is a long learning curve; look at it over the long haul (the rest of your life) and this is just a blip.

:hug:You can do this; you only fail, if you quit, so just keep going ...

kittycat40
12-28-2008, 11:40 AM
you CAN do this!! :)
right this very minute, start to make good choices. you can do this!! :)

tkdkathy
12-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you! I got back from the brunch. Did o.k., but cried on the way home. I have just been trying for so long. Hard to keep believing I can do it. Guess I am stuck in a little pity party. I WILL keep trying, no matter what. Thank you, again.

fiberlover
12-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I am a slow loser as well. However - over time it adds up. I lose 1/2 pound, maybe a pound, then gain a pound back. But, since last January, those little dribbles added up to 30 pounds!

Keep it up, do the right things and the weight loss will follow.