Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default Change of Tastebuds

I began my diet journey hating foods like sprouts and swede and most vegetables to be honest. I would much rather sweets and deserts than savoury meals. Id rather fat filled meals, like burger and chips, as opposed to meals like baked potatoe with baked beans.

Nowadays, I can not stand sweet items. Biscuits with cream in will make me feel sick, hot chocolate drinks will make me too as they are so sickily. Ice cream is another I can not bear to eat any more. If I see chips I wont touch them, the look of them is enough to put me off. Fizzy pops and carbonated drinks I wont touch.

In a restuarant I will look for the healthiest option on the menu and pick that, even if it is a light lunch option or a starter option. In places like Pizza hut and subway I opt for the salads - sometimes even without the dressings and the meat.

Today I cant eat enough vegetables, I am loving swede and sprouts and lettuce - I almost have a salad everyday! I am loving yoghurts and fruit more so than ever. Coffee and tea are others!

Sometimes I think I have been a bit too hard on myself with my weight loss diet, but ultimately I cant have been cos I am still here and still healthy!

It just crazy, has anyone else notice their taste buds change to prefer the savoury food items rather than the sweet. Dont get me wrong I am not complaining - i am hoping this lack of attention to fast foods and sugary foods will help with my maintenance!

Its like my sweet tooth has developed into a veggie tooth!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

For me the biggest test was the natural peanut butter versus "regular" peanut butter. I thought I was being healthy eating peanut butter at all turns out I was sorely mistaken. When I switched to the natural stuff without the salt, sugar, and hydrogenated oil, I thought I was going to have to go back because the taste was so bland. Fast forward a couple of weeks and all of a sudden I love it I guess my taste have changed because its now one of my top 5 favorite foods.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

OMG i absolutely adore natural peanut butter!! mmmmmmmmm lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Natural peanut bitter is the best. I just had some on a rice cake for breakfast, and a pear! yum.

I've also learned to love fruits, veggies, and yogart more. However - I'm still having a problem with my sweet tooth... I may have to set some rules about that. Agh.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

My sweet tooth went down pretty early in the game. But I was surprised when recently it went down even more. It's really nice! I only wish it were easier to have desserts with half the normal sugar. Nobody makes them that way, homemade or otherwise. At first, when things were too rich, I would just have less. But now many things are just too much, even in a small portion.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #6  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

When I started my diet I thought that I ate everything, veggies, fruits, breads, dairies etc. I found out how picky of an eater I was, sure I ate every food group but I would only eat certain foods in each food group and the higher on the food pyramid the section the pickier I got with the exception of the fats, and oils section.

Now I have a way more varied food selection eat foods that I wouldn't have ate before and cut out some of the just plain bad for you foods.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
My sweet tooth went down pretty early in the game. But I was surprised when recently it went down even more. It's really nice! I only wish it were easier to have desserts with half the normal sugar. Nobody makes them that way, homemade or otherwise. At first, when things were too rich, I would just have less. But now many things are just too much, even in a small portion.
Same here. I notice it from time to time with things like candy. I'm a bit of a candy junky- Nerds and Jolly Ranchers are my favorites- and I think that has to do with being an ex-smoker and that's what got me through it.

But aside from those two, I can't handle sweets at the same capacity. I'll never buy a packaged baked good again (they nauseate me). The other day I was picking through my stocking candy and grabbed a few Reece's cups. I couldn't even have one. It was too sweet!!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote