Alternachicks - Alternachicks Equinox Challenge

View Full Version : Alternachicks Equinox Challenge

Robot
12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
It's almost the new year, which means a new challenge. Vernal/Spring Equinox is around March 20, which is a Friday (And if you're in the southern hemisphere, it'll be Autumn Equinox). The challenge will start around the first week of January. I think weigh in should be on Friday because that makes the most sense.

Is anyone in?

chunckymonkey
12-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Absolutely, and very excited to do so...friday weigh in is perfect...:carrot:

mauvaisroux
12-27-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm in! I will focus on getting back to my normal eating plan as I have blown it over the holiday season. I am not sure when I can start exercising again as I have to visit the physiotherapist in January and get the okay from them first.

I will weigh in on Friday too.

WormwoodDoll
12-27-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm most definitely in. That is about 3 months...So I'm thinking my goal should be about 20-25lbs. What do you ladies think?

Robot
12-28-2008, 04:03 AM
Good luck ladies. This will indeed help me focus, especially since I'm going on vacation in March and I don't want to feel miserable. I'm thinking maybe this challenge can be just a little bit more formal than previous challenges. I'll probably post everyone's weight the day after weigh in so we can see how much we are progressing. Or something else along those lines.

Wormwood Doll - I think 20-25 lbs is attainable.

WormwoodDoll
12-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I think so too. I was almost able to lose 15lbs for the solstice challenge, even though I had quite a few slip ups. This time will be different. Especially since the food-based holidays are over. My fiance is joining in with me and we're going to be going to the gym together. I know this is easier with someone by your side. I'm excited.

WormwoodDoll
12-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Also, since we're weighing in on Friday, I believe this should start January 2nd.

Robot
12-28-2008, 03:51 PM
I think Jan 2 is a good day to start. I'll try not to over do it on New Years. There always seems to be insane amounts of high calorie finger food during that time for me.

Gypsy Severina
12-29-2008, 12:52 AM
I'm in for 20-25 lbs. Have to start losing for the wedding anyways, and that'll be just before the time when I need to stop anyways to make sure the dress still fits the day of.

Skullarix
12-29-2008, 11:59 PM
I am of course in!

I haven't decided if I'll do weight or activity, but I'll post as soon as I decide!

WormwoodDoll
12-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Gypsy Severina, you're getting married? :) Congrats! I am too. When's your wedding date?

merc girl x
12-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Can I play in your sandbox, too?

I am basicly new to posting on this board, I will fill out an Alternachicks bio today sometime.

I am in for 20 lbs, for sure. That would put me at 150 ish. I don't mind being a short girl with a big butt, but I don't want the matching gut and thighs.

I will pick a plan and my exercise today. (some low-carb something, I'm sure) Friday is a great day! Monday weigh-ins never kept me behaving on a weekend if I wanted off the wagon. I think seeing on Friday how awesome I am doing will be more of an incentive for me to not drink 32 oz of sweet tea Saturday afternoon. lol

Robot
12-31-2008, 12:21 PM
:welcome2: merc girl x

I am committing myself 100% this time around. After seeing the scale say over 200 again, I was really bothered.

Skullarix
01-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Chicks!

So is tomorrow our official weigh in? I'm excited! :hyper:

Lets do this! :goodvibes

Robot
01-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm nervous and excited for tomorrow. Good luck ladies.

merc girl x
01-01-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm excited!

Things I need to address... exercise, water intake, balanced diet. I need to draft a battle strategy... I also managed to unpack the scale from the box piles. I am ready for weigh-in tomorrow!

WormwoodDoll
01-02-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm nervous too, Robot. The holidays did some damage. :o

merc girl x
01-02-2009, 08:22 AM
Salutations!

I am up and stoked about the beginning of this challenge.

A teeny-tiny bit of info, My high weight was 278 lbs back in 2001. It's been an up and down fight ever since the day I realized I was no longer a hot, hip chick. ( I like to think I have corrected that at this point LOL lemme keep those delusions TIA lol) I've Spawned successfully once and had 2 misses last year which ALMOST set me on a course to Hugeness again. But I caught it before I saw 200's (190 iis NOT 200, right). Now this is the first challenge I have done when I was in the "I am doing something about it!" mindframe and been this close to goal. Usually I get this close, get lazy, comfortable with my success and let the weight creep back on. So, here's to losin' that last 20-30 lbs. I don't have a set number for goal just looking for the "feel" of it. I haven't been that weight in 15 years.

There, look, I went and got all gabby...
Official weigh-in today is 168.

WOE- Atkins, it's always worked when I let it.
Exercise- Spark has a 7-day Bootcamp video series I going to start. I am starting weight training today.
Water- 64-80 oz a day.

Rock-on, Ladies! :carrot:I look forward to getting to know you better during the challenge. :devil:

Skullarix
01-02-2009, 09:04 AM
:coffee2: Hey Alterna-Chicks!

Today's weigh in was 164, I'm looking to take off 16, putting me at 148.

:dust:

Good luck Chicks!!

WormwoodDoll
01-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Man...With my water weight, plus some gain, PLUS friggin' TOM, I'm at 227. :mad: Well, it's a start to the new year. And I have a whole 10 months+ to get my butt into gear and prepare myself for Thanksgiving & Christmas this year.

My plan is to:
- Drink more water.
- Exercise at least 5 times a week.
- Prepare my meals/snacks in advance.
- Get enough fruits and vegetables.
- Learn to enjoy the "bad things" occasionally but within my control (especially with holiday dinners and treats).
- Take control of my relationship with food.

So, my plan is to lose about 25-30lbs and put me in ONEderland!

Robot
01-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm 203.5 Ugg. Oh well. My goal is to be in the 180s. Maybe?

merc girl x
01-03-2009, 07:34 AM
Well, yesterday wasn't a jumpstart for me, but it WAS a start!

My water was like 8 oz unless you count the unsweetened tea, then maybe 32oz, soooo not 64-80. Food was better, for sure.My only naughty-naughty was a small brownie in the afternoon with coffee.

B: eggs and sausage, coffee w/ milk
L: Ham, collard greens, yellow squash
D: salmon cake, 1 tbsp regular ketchup (because I am out of the low-carb kind until today), Frank's Redhot

Exercise- I did the day one bootcamp video, 10 minutes. omg I'm outta shape.

I have a cleaning job today, so that will help cover my exercise. I also have lunch out for my SIL birthday. I shouldn't have any problem finding on-plan food.

I hope everybody's day was great yesterday. :)

Robot
01-03-2009, 07:48 AM
merc girl x - I like the fact you write what you ate. Perhaps I should do that starting today, because yesterday, all I had was pizza and diet soda. Today, I'm thinking about eating lentil soup for dinner. We'll see how that goes. I'm still debating on what to have for breakfast. It's the end of the week, so there is not much food to chose from.

WormwoodDoll
01-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Yesterday was a good start. I didn't drink as much water like I wanted but I stayed OP. The only thing off plan was a small green tea latte, but I couldn't resist. We were at a concert and during the change over, a few friends and I headed to the coffee shop. But...it was one of the best green tea lattes!

I must say my fiance is keeping me in check. When we came home last night, I REALLY wanted to go to South Street diner. I was 'hungry'. But he deterred me from wanting to go and I said "You're right. Let's go to the gym tomorrow". I had a small piece of dark chocolate and I was content. He is doing really well too. So I'm happy.

Let's kick some butt, ladies! :drill:

pitanita
01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Is it too late to join this?? I weighed in on the 1st @ 219 & I figure I'll do better at staying motivated if I do this in chunks, anyway. I'd like to lose 20 lbs for each mini-goal. Can I play too?? :dust:
Nita

Robot
01-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Welcome, pitanita. Of course you can join.

merc girl x
01-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome Nita! :) :welcome3:

Thanks, Robot. I love it when people post their menus, too... just incase it needs to be my menu the next day LOL Makes for good ideas sometimes.

I did well today, though. Eating much cleaner and had atleast 40oz of water. Go, Melinda, Go! I cleaned, as I mentioned earlier, loads up and down stairs and packing and toting stuff. I know the Daily Plate would let me count it as exersize lol so I am, too. I'd rather poke my eye out than do even 10 minutes of cardio :carrot: right now. lol

B: coffee w/ 1/2 cup milk (It's a big mug), 1/4 flax and egg muffin, 2 smokie linkies- these were grody :p when not wrapped in cresent rolls and I threw the rest away.

L: blackened chicken and bleu cheese salad :love: This was great.

S:more salad

D: Broiled pork chops, green beans w/ butter, 1/4 cup black eyed peas, bbq sauce

I tell you what though, I totally have those carbie cravings right now. :dizzy:

omg I have never seen such a selection of smilies on a BB. :spid::dracula::sklol: bwahahahaha

I am really stoked for this challenge, though!! Go Chicks! Go!!

-Melinda

heartface
01-03-2009, 09:49 PM
crap. i am lateface too.
i can has join?

Robot
01-03-2009, 10:41 PM
Of course you can join too, heartface. Welcome.

heartface
01-03-2009, 10:51 PM
oh lord, i got so excited that i forgot i'm moving back west on Tuesday and won't have a computer for a while.
noob enthusiasm pwnd.
maybe i can join a month late...
lolz.
i'll just wait to do this when i have everything available.
:(
good luck lassies.

Robot
01-03-2009, 10:52 PM
You can jump on in whenever you can.

heartface
01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
score!

halloweengirl
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
I want to join up too! Also, 3/20 is my sister's birthday, so I can be like, "I got you a present, a less-fat sister who's now hotter than you!" LMAO.

Seriously, I'd like to lose, oh, let's see, it's 11 weeks, so I'm going for 245 (20 lb loss, should be easy if I stick to SB like a good little diabetty, LOL)

I always WI on Fridays anyways, so this is perfect!

heartface
01-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Ok.
So.
I'll just put my stat things up and do this offline and then on when I get the nets.
225 will be 195 by 3/20.
30 lb self challenge mania.
I'm gonna Macho Man this one out.
My brains is crazy.

Robot
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Welcome, halloweengirl!

Argh, I am sick, not cool. It's more congestion than anything else. Perhaps avoiding dairy for a while will be beneficial.

merc girl x
01-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Hurry back, Heartface!! We can dew eet! FTL

Welcome, HalloweenGirl :)

Robot! oh nooes! I hate being sick.

Today, I have had trouble motivating to exercise (damn TOM starts tomorrow prolly) but my eating has been pretty spot on.

B: 3 slices Bacon and 2 eggs with grilled onions and peppers, 2 tbsp sour cream, coffee 1/2 cup milk
L:Cabbage, cauli, celery stir-fry with leftover pork chops in it
S:Coffee w/ 1/2 cup milk, celery and 1 tbsp peanut butter
D: TBA

I am thawing a huge pack of ground beef. It will be something eventually.:flame:

halloweengirl
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Robot - try a good 'ol saline rinse (warm salt water, snort it up the nose), not super fun, but it works like a charm!

Thanks for the welcome, ladies! I'm happy to be back!

Robot
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
OK, officially tomorrow, I will start a real diet. I think I need a lot of structure. As much as I love calorie counting, I think I need a little bit of restriction, since I have a tendency to binge. I did fat smash 2 years ago, and it helped me lose weight. Unfortunately, I decided to stop it and gained mucho amounts of weight.

Robot
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
OK, sorry for the double post.

Robot - try a good 'ol saline rinse (warm salt water, snort it up the nose), not super fun, but it works like a charm!

I'll keep that in mind.

ollie27
01-05-2009, 01:13 PM
count me in for ten pounds. i guess that's right. i'm in uncharted territory as far as weight goes, and what i really want to do is lose the rest of this jelly belly and tone. so this should do it.

robot - i see that youre sick. :getwell: and let me know when you are ready to start the new year shred.

Robot
01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Yay, ollie. How was the holidays? I'm going to start Shred hopefully on Wednesday. I feel a little bit better, so by then I'll should be good to go.

georgiad
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm in.

Aiming for onederland for the Equinox.

WormwoodDoll
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
:welcome2: to all the new ladies who are joining in!

ollie27
01-06-2009, 12:38 AM
robot - wednesday it is...tentatively. :D

Skullarix
01-06-2009, 02:09 AM
Welcome new chicks!

Robot~ I'm sure you are feeling better by now, but I hope you feel better :)

COME ON CHICKS! WE CAN DO IT! :cheer3:

Robot
01-06-2009, 04:05 AM
Welcome, georgiad!

I'm still aiming for Wednesday to do Shred. It'll probably do me good and knock the congestion out of me.

I did great food wise today

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - warm cannellini and carrot herb salad
Snack - brown rice mixed with salsa
Dinner - lentil soup with a side salad and corn
Snack - Banana

heartface
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Ima start tomorrow.
I fly into the desert tonight.
Fresh start FTW!
Good luck girls!
See you ladies when I get connected!

Lovely
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Goodness! How is it that I missed this up until now? If you chicks don't mind, I'm jumping in.

Now, I'm not going to have a weight goal per say (if that's okay, that is), but rather a water/food/exercise goal for each day. I normally weigh-in on Thursdays (at my WW meetings) but I can just post it each Friday as a note :)

I might as well be more specific about my goals so you all know what to hold me accountable for:

#1) Exercising for 30 minutes EVERY DAY. This is number one because I have done a horrible job the last few months getting any form of activity in, and I'm tired of being a flabby-patty. 30 minutes at least. It's not that much time. I (now) live close to a gym. And I have a few workout DVDs. There's no excuse.

#2) Follow my food plan. I'm on WW and that means eating 29 points a day (and then the extra 35 a week). And this is sort of a #2A, but making sure that those foods are mostly healthier (fruits, lean proteins, veg, lighter dairy products etc.)

#3) Water. Plain & simple. This is probably my easiest goal, as I love drinking water, but we should all do something we know we can achieve, right?

So, a sticker for me each day that I pass. (Literally, I have stickers on my calendar that I put on a day that I did well.)

Best of luck, all! :D Can't wait to keep up with everyone's progress.

Starting Weight: 228.8 (was my last weigh-in, and yes my ticker is off :p)

Robot
01-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Welcome to the challenge, Faerie!

merc girl x
01-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey-ho *yawn*

Today, I am playing the parts of Grumpy, Sleepy and Crampy dwarf. Tom is rearing his fugly head. No exercise but I am eating well.

On a funny note , I was the weight of the beast Sunday, clockin' in at 166.6 Muhahahaha lol

Robot
01-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I pretty much slept all day to prepare myself for exercise tomorrow. Maybe doing the shred will knock the sickness out of me.

mauvaisroux
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
merc girl x- :lol:

Well so far so good this week. :)

My plan:

Drink at least 6 glasses of water
Limit myself to 1 coffee a day
No alcohol for 1 month -(detoxing from the holidays)
Eat breakfast everyday (at home, no takeout!)
Bring a healthy lunch to work everyday

I can't exercise until I see the physiotherapist later this month. Well no leg related stuff anyway . . . I guess I could do some hand weights and work on upper body stuff. . .

Lovely
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Merc Girl - :lol: That's rockin.

Robot - Tell us how the exercisin' goes :)

Mauvaisroux - Sounds like a solid plan!

---
About Yesterday:

Exercise: :woops: Yessir! Got 35 minutes on the tread. :yes:

Food: 29 points on the dot. :hun: Tried a new marinade that I made myself... uh, didn't turn out quite right :stir: , but I really enjoyed the experimenting. I'll have to try it again!

Water: :hat: Drinky drinky! Got it all in. ;)

Made some good choices yesterday.

Lovely
01-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Mornin' Equinoxers!

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the tread. I upped the speed a tiny bit & gave it a little incline. :woops:

Food: Came in 3 points under, yesterday, but I wasn't hungry so I wasn't going to push it. Not going to consider that a bad thing.

Water: Sluuuurp! Had to drink 2 glasses last night before going to bed, but I was determined to get it all in, so I did.

All-in-all, a good day.

ollie27
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
:wave: hi equinoxers<---thought this was cute, faerie.

yesterday i did well. had popcorn a little too late, but i blame that on my husband. made a yummy split pea soup for din-din and started the shred.

today has been good so far. cereal and soymilk, an orange, and about to eat a boca burger on two pieces of whole wheat toast for lunch. leftover soup for dinner. haven't decided which though, i have carrot soup and split pea soup. probably the carrot. :drool:

i'm excited b/c today starts my first delivery of produce from Boston Organics (http://www.bostonorganics.com/)!

note to self: i need to up my water intake!!!!

Sun_Flower2
01-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey, i'm gonna join you guys. My bday is on March 17 so the equinox is a few days later. My goal is to be as near 199 as possible! So the equinox is 10 wks away tomorrow. I weighed myself on Jan 5th and I was at 224.5lbs. Oh man if I stuck to a diet and went to gym 5-7days a week I could definitely lose 2.5lbs a week! And make it to 199. But to be realistic, I'm going to set a range of 199-209 for my Spring Time Equinox Goal! I've been doing pretty good on the calorie intake this week, so I'll reweigh myself tomorrow and start the Friday weekly weigh in! I've been looking for a challenge like this!

I need to start going to the gym and doing cardio again. I've been such a slacker since before christmas. My boyfriend is bringing his Bowflex Revolution to our house (it's been sittin in his parents basement) this week and I'm super excited to start using it! I love strength training, I was doing really good july-oct at the gym and could start to see the changes but then I slacked off again and now I want to feel strong and start feeling them muscles underneath all my fat! So My goal is to Strength Train 4 days aweek 20-40mins and do cardio 5-7days a week for 30-45mins. And to log my food intake over at TDP and control my intake so I can lose weight!!!!!!!! Oh and cut back on eating out and the alcohol! So many empty calories, I don't need em!:devil:

Skullarix
01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Good morning Alternachicks!

I was 161 this morning... How about you?

halloweengirl
01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, this is my "first official" WI of the new year (last WI was 12/22 @265.8, and then the gorging began)...I was up to 272, but after 1 wk on "fake" Phase 1 of South Beach, I'm back down to 266.3!!!!

21.3 lbs to go!

Lovely
01-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Heyo Equinoxers! ;)

Weigh-in at meeting was 229.6, so I'm actually up on the scale. Once again, I'm not concerned about that. My goal is just to continue to focus on the day to day goals. And so far with that so good!

Yesterday:

Exercizzle: 35 minutes on the tread. :yes:

Food: Ate well. Was a little snacky late at night so I had some snap peas which took away a few extra Flex Points, but that's what they're there for. So On Plan :hun:

Water: Glug glug! Drank a glass right before bedtime to make sure I got it all in. I was debating going back to get the glass, because I was tired, but then I thought of having to write down that I missed my water intake, and that got me moving.

--

Ollie - That Boston Organics thing sounds awesome!

Sun Flower - :welcome: :) Sounds like you've got some good goals. Keep us updated.

Halloween - WTG on a great first week. Even if it was "fake" it's an awesome start.

Skullarix - :wave:

jandaman
01-09-2009, 11:40 AM
in! goal is needing three notches on my belt to hold up fat pants!!--so first step:get into pants (have been wearing nuthin but skirts) and then upward and onward

WormwoodDoll
01-09-2009, 12:21 PM
Today's weigh in was...dun dun dun...221.4!!

Yesterday I did 15 minutes on the bike, 10 on the eliptical (I want to do more, but I have to take it slow due to my knees) then about another 25 minutes working my arms, legs, and abs. I'm feelin' it. :lifter:

I must admit, this is a lot easier with my fiance beside me. I keep myself in check because I'm setting an example for him, too!

ollie27
01-09-2009, 03:49 PM
so fridays are weigh in days? well, i'm still at 137, but hey, i just started two days ago.

either the 30 day shred became more difficult or i got really out of shape over break. i think it's the latter. not walking to school everyday and sitting on me butt back home did its damage. this video is hard!

but it's time to do the damn thing. spring'll be here before i know it.

Robot
01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm at 203. I attempted 30DS and while doing the pushup, felt a sharp pain in my hand. I had to stop, and ice it. It still hurts. Hopefully tomorrow, it'll feel better.

merc girl x
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm here!

Everyone's doing so awesome and salutations to the new chicks!

I've been blah-ing around for 2 days LOL But I'm doing better now. I am in at 165. Yay! My exercise has been nil. Well, except we just moved within the last 2 weeks and now I have a basement with stairs. That's a new leg movement. And I have to use them to do laundry and let the dog in and out all day long. Pits... walnut brain, walnut bladder lol

My menu has been basicly me presenting chili or curry in one form or another to my 2 dudes. I made a big batch of each and we have been reheating fools ever since. Last of the chili tonight for dinner and one more curry serving (breakfast! :D )

Hope everyone is having an awesome Friday night!

Lovely
01-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Jandaman - Yay for clothes related goals!!!

Wormwood - Glad your fiance is helping to keep things in check :D

Ollie - I've heard so much about the 30 Day Shred. You like it?

Robot - Yikes! Take care of that hand injury!!! :hug:

Merc - Ain't nothin' wrong with chili & curry :) I love how they can be made in big vats & then taken out over the week. So handy.

---

Been doing well :) 7 days on plan so far!

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the dot. Adding more incline in intervals, as well as a little speed.

Food: 2 points under. Wasn't hungry, once again, wasn't going to force myself. And today is my Higher points day during the week so not concerned. The cycle continues.

Water: Splashy splashy! Water went down the hole (in my face that is.)

A little about today:

As I mentioned, today is my higher calorie day, so I think I'm going to incorporate a little more exercise to boost myself. Nothing ridiculous, just an extra 25 minutes on the bike or elliptical or both! Split it up and work it out. Wooo hoo!

Oh and I've planned to make myself some yummy and slightly healthier pizza for tonight with a big salad.

Good luck gals!

Robot
01-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Faerie - Thanks. My hand still feels weird. I put pressure on it and it has a nasty burning sensation. Is there such thing as pulling a muscle in a hand? And yum, pizza! How is it slightly healthier? I love pizza filled with veggies.

pokio
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Hope no one minds me jumping in quite late... I'm brand new to 3 Fat Chicks and after poking around a while and feeling eh about the 30s forum I found this forum... I had been thinking, Well, I don't LOOK like an alternachick, but then I read the explanation, and that feeling of being different or other fits like a glove, so here I am!

Anyway, TMI, maybe, and probably in the wrong thread, but I would love to join in! I'm 30, 5'6" and 178 lbs, down from about 205 in October. My goal weight is 130. It's hard for me to get away from ridiculous goals, like... I'll be 145 by March! Because I won't, ha. Sooo... let's say, 163, which would be 15 pounds, and maybe a little ambitious still, but so it goes.

Glad to have found you all and I'll be around more soon!

Lovely
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Pokio - :welcome: You are absolutely in the RIGHT forum area :) There is no set look for an AltChick. One simply knows that they are one ;) 15 pounds is doable. Keep us all updated!

Robot - Yeah, you actually can pull hand muscles. Just go easy on it. If it doesn't get better... trip to the doctor and all that. The pizza! Is Whole Wheat dough, reduced fat cheese, loaded up with veggies. All that good stuff. So it's slightly healthier, but it'll still be pizza goodness :D

Robot
01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome pokio and Sun_Flower2...and everyone else if I missed you!

Jandaman - You'll be in pants in no time. I pretty much wear sweat pants and pajamas all the time. I have jeans of various sizes. I fit in the largest size I have, but I hate them. My smaller size jeans are nicer. So maybe one day, I'll get to wear them.

Faerie - That pizza sounds yummy. I just made a pizza with an oatmeal and bean "dough" (from the fat smash forum). It was OK, but I miss real pizza.

Ollie - I feel bad that I can't do shred with you until my hand feels better. I'm going to do some of my belly dancing dvds until my hand stops hurting.

ollie27
01-10-2009, 08:47 PM
robot - don't feel bad. sucks about your hand. is it wrapped up? you should at least ace bandage that mofo.

going2Bhealthy
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't have weight to post yet (will stick it up tomorrow) But I'm up for the challenge... there are 10 weeks left so I'll stick myself down for 15-20lbs :)

Robot, I hope you're hand is ok, I agree with Robot, get it bandaged and if it's not improving get it checked out!

Hello to all and well done/good luck with your achievements and goals *here's* to a successful challenge for all :D

Robot
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Yep, my hand is wrapped and has been iced. I'm almost positive it's a pulled muscle, so medicine, more ice and time should heal it.

Lovely
01-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi there going2Bhealthy :) jump on in!

Robot - Enjoy the belly dancing until the hand feels better!

---

Yesterday:

Exercise: Did 60 minutes at the gym Whew!!! 5 minutes on the elliptical (nearly died, that piece of machinery is ridiculously difficult for me), 35 minutes walking inclines on the treadmill, and then 20 minutes of biking to keep the legs moving.

Food: Ate on plan :) Had my pizza and the hub can't stop talking about it he liked it so much.

Water: Had plenty :hat:

Good day yesterday!

Today I'm looking at a somewhat lazy day. I need to force myself to get up and take a good walk at the gym. Something light today since yesterday was so heavy.

Sunrose
01-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

May I join, too? I'm not a newbie to 3FC, but I don't feel like I fit in and I hardly ever post. I really want to change that, and this seems to be the perfect place!!! :)

Yesterday I weighed in at 229.8, so I am hoping to be somewhere in the teens by the end of this challenge. I am giving myself a moderate goal because I am focusing more on the lifestyle change aspect - establishing healthy routines - rather than how fast I can get the weight off this time around. Slow, steady, and forever! :D

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Robot
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Of course you can join, Sunrose. Welcome!

WormwoodDoll
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Welcome going2Bhealthy & Sunrose.

I did okay today as of eating. I dipped below my calories, but hey - at least I wasn't over! I didn't head to the gym, either. Hmpf. I'm in bit of a bitter mood so I think I'm taking it out on myself. Tomorrow's a new day and I WILL be going to the gym.

Lovely
01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Ahoy Equinoxers!

Hi Sunrose :) So glad you decided to start posting here! We're glad to have you!

Wormwood - You'll kick that gym's butt today!

--

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the tread! I didn't have any incline, because I didn't want to push it. So it was a "light" exercise. It still felt good.

Food: Oh the protein I ate yesterday. My body was craving protein (probably due to all the exercising I did) and I totally gave in. Not in a bad way :) I just allocated most of my points to protein or food with protein in it yesterday. (Today I don't feel as much of the protein need... back to normal)

Water: Splosh! Drank it all!

It was a lazy day... but I did go to the gym. I just thought of having to say "I missed the gym" and it made me go. I'm glad I did.

jandaman
01-12-2009, 05:05 PM
oh, ick, weighed myself this mornin. rude awakening. i have gained back every single pound i lost . boo-hoo! well--trying to eat healthy while staying on the "no grocery shoppin&get rid of everything in pantry cuz we are flat broke" diet. sheesh! *grin*
faerie-am taking a page outta ur book and hydtating like mad-woman. thx for reminder

Sunrose
01-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Robot, WormwoodDoll, and Faerie! :hug:

You are all really motivating me to get back on the exercise wagon! I fell off sometime over the summer and have had a super difficult time jumping back on. :dizzy: I am a teacher, so the summers seem to go pretty well (at least when I care), but as soon as school starts, I become super overwhelmed and stressed, and then stop exercising - which is the one thing that would best help me deal with the stress, I am sure!

After maintaining about a 15 pound loss from the summer, I am ready to start again. So far I've been eating great (since January 2nd), so I need to give myself credit for that, but in the next week or so I really want to start exercising again. I have a treadmill and the 30 Day Shred DVD, so maybe I'll do a combination of both or something.

Thanks to everyone for being here! Looking forward to hearing how your week is going!:)

Lovely
01-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Heyall!

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes on the tread with random incline adjustments. All good. :yes:

Food: On Plan :) Straight-forward.

Water: Got it all down!

A normal On Plan day!

Wabe
01-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Oooooh me!! *waves arms around in the air* Can I join in??

I was directed to here in my Welcome thread and what better way to get in shape for Ostara!! (Just in time for all those pesky chocolate eggs that are around).

pokio
01-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone!
Thought I would check in so that this wouldn't be just another one of those Sunday afternoon attempts of joining a forum only to completely abandon it in the days to come... ha. I am really trying to be serious about it this time.
I've been doing a terrible job of eating lately, I have been having a rough time of getting back into the school thing (I'm a grad student), I had to put one of my cats to sleep, which broke my heart, and I have a part time job caring for an older man who is going downhill pretty fast. So I know WHY I'm eating emotionally, I just haven't figured out how to STOP!
In past attempts to lose weight I would have told myself that this was a bad time, and that I could try again "later" but I have been fighting that feeling and going to the gym pretty regularly, which is good. I've only put on 2 pounds as opposed to the 10 I probably would have with all the eating I've been doing.
Reading your posts is great, I am SO trying to keep motivated to keep up with this and I think being around here is already really helping. So thanks!

Robot
01-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Welcome to our lovely challenge, wabe!

pokie - Sorry about your kitty cat :(. We're here for you!

Lovely
01-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Wabe! Jump on in! :D Tell us about your goals for the upcoming equinox.

Pokio - Glad to see you posting! So sorry about your cat :hug: and about the man you're caring for. I am a true believer that even breaking down one barrier to weight loss is amazing and deserves extreme praise. You no longer have decided that this is a "bad time to try". And it's hard, but you're making some good choices despite that. And by equinox you will be better off having stuck with the changes. :hug:

---

Yesterday:

Exercise: Yeppers! 36 minutes on the tread with inclines.

Food: Was okay. Maybe not the greatest food choices... (2 Weight Watchers Chocolate Muffins, some other processed stuff...) BUT I did stay within my points. So it wasn't a total loss, and I've done worse.

Water: Chug! Got it down.

Just a ho-hum day, yesterday.

Today, I woke up a little later (11:45!) and am having a bit of a struggle getting my arse to the gym. I think I need a kick in the bum!

WormwoodDoll
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Welcome Wabe!

*Kicks Faerie in the tush* :devil:

So Tuesday I did the hip abduction at the gym and my...my..my are the inner thighs just screaming. It didn't help that yesterday at work I was doing a million squats while dusting the whole store, then all the climbing & lifting while organizing our back room and stock room. When I got home I knew I wasn't going to be able to go to the gym. I must've pulled something in there while working. :rolleyes:

I'm going to do some light house cleaning to keep my legs moving, then just head to the gym for 30 minutes and work my abs and arms tonight. All else is good, I've been OP for 12 days now. :carrot:

kelly315
01-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Tragically late as I usually am, I'd still like to join in if you'll have me.

Last Friday (the 9th) I was 231.6
Today I'm 228.4 (just losing quickly because TOM water is coming off).
I have 9 weeks...so I'm going to aim at 20 pounds. That will put me at 208- so close to onederland and 80 pounds lost all together.

Does this sound reasonable to anyone?

Lovely
01-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi Kelly :) Jump on in! That's a little over 2 lbs a week. Not undoable. At the very least you'll end up super close to Onederland :)

--

Yesterday:

Exercise: (Thanks for the kick in the bum, Wormwood) Got off to the gym for a good 35 minutes. Running/Walking/Little Incline on the tread.

Food: Used 2 extra FP, but that's what they're there for, right? All good!

Water: Drank it all! :hat:

Not a bad day. Not a bad day at all... And those stickers are adding up on my calendar.

Today is my Weigh-in at WW. We'll see what a week and a half of good choices will do for me.

WormwoodDoll
01-16-2009, 03:28 AM
Yay, Kelly. Of course you are welcomed to join. I'm aiming for 195 :lol: High hopes, I know! I'd be happy to see Onderland. I'm really going to push it the next 9 weeks. I plan on hitting the gym 6x a week for at least 30 minutes.

Faerie, I don't know how you do the treadmill! I hate it. :eek: I can walk miles, but I can't stand being on the treadmill for two seconds. I love the elliptical and the bike. My new favorite machines at the gym are the hip abduction and the sit-up master.

---
I went to the gym tonight. I did 15 minutes on the bike, 10 on the elliptical, worked my thighs (OHHHH BABY), did some light arm work, and did about 50 sit-ups. :lifter:

I ate OP. I missed breakfast again today since I didn't get out of bed until 1PM :sssh: So, of course, I went to Starbucks and had a treat but stayed within my calories.

Wabe
01-16-2009, 03:29 AM
Thats a point, I never said what I wanted to lose!! I shall aim for 20lb as well :)

Lost 3lb this week which made me happy!! Need to pick up on Excercise again. Haven't done anything decent since November probably. Might make up a Cardio/Boxing routine along to some of my fave music this weekend :) If I have time to Choreograph something like that!!

Robot
01-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome, Kelly!

Wabe, congrats on the 3 lb loss!

I'm at 202, which is a pound down. I worked hard most of the week and destroyed it last night with a binge. Ugg. 1 pound is better than nothing.

WormwoodDoll
01-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Congrats WABE!

I weighed in at 219.8 :carrot:

Good luck to the rest of you ladies!

Lovely
01-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Hey Wormwood :) WTG! on the loss! Yahoo! See, and I don't know how you do the elliptical. I do 5 minutes on that sucker and want to die! :lol: To each our own :D

Wabe - Awesome job this week!

Robot - Down a pound is down a pound :) And you might see that all your hard work shows up next week on the scale.

---

Yesterday:

Exercise: 35 minutes. :yes:

Food: A pretty wholesome day! On Plan.

Water: I guzzled it all down.

Good day, good day. :)

Weigh-In: 226.8. That's -2.8 this week. For a total of -104.2. I'm getting back to my ticker, and this time I can feel it's a permanent loss, not a waffling thing that I've been doing the past few months.

froggie83
01-16-2009, 03:52 PM
hey, can i join in here too? (i was going to say 'weigh in' but the pun was way too bad)
i'm going to aim for 185 which may seem a bit crap but i've no idea how this is gonna go - hopefully i'm completely mistaken and i'll be 185 by next friday (...yeah..)

does drinking water make that big a difference?

ollie27
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
i'm in at 135. hopefully i can keep up the momentum, last challenge i yo-yoed two punds throughout the entire thing!

congrats to all the chicks with a loss!

Lovely
01-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Froggie - Of course you can weigh-in here ;) I think 185 is a pretty reasonable goal to achieve by March 20. :yes: About water: I personally find that when I'm dehydrated not only do I stay hungrier, but I just don't drop as much weight. It's not that we need to drown ourselves, but we should make an effort to get a few glasses in a day.

WTG Ollie! Keep it up!

Skullarix
01-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Good evening Chicks!

I weighed in at 159 which is 5 pounds down... 11 to go. At work today I was taking to some ladies that are also trying to lose weight. The all said, "so you are at your goal right?" I told them no, I had 20 more or so to lose. They all said I would be to thin and sickly if I lost that much more!

Lovely
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey Skullarix! Congrats on 5 lbs down! Weeeooooh! Some people don't actually realize what 20 lbs looks like. You'll know how you look & feel as you get closer to goal.

I had a co-worker who seemed truly shocked to learn that I had more than 100lbs to lose. :shrug:

Robot
01-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Wow, look at all this weight loss. Rock on, ladies!

Welcome froggie!

I woke up early and finally got my Shred in! I really didn't want to do it, but I was cold and needed to heat up somehow. I'm so glad I got it done.

Lovely
01-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey Robot, awesome job getting that Shred done!

--

Yesterday:

Exercise: Ran/Walked for 35 minutes on the tread. :woohoo:

Food: Was the tiniest tad under for the day. So pretty much on plan.

Water: Got it all down!

Nice day :)

froggie83
01-17-2009, 05:35 PM
i've had an ok day i think, just had a can of soup i didn't mean to because i'm trying not to eat after 7 pm (it's 21:30 here) but i was well under my allowance for today so in terms of total calories it's not bad. and i've had lots of water.

i've been invited to a party but i'm not going to go because staying away from alcohol is my main aim this time (also i have loads of work to do tomorrow cos i've done almost nothing for the last 3 days :()

Skullarix
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Faerie~ Yeah, I know what you mean, I've also been on the other side of the fence and have said the very same thing to someone..."Oh, you will look to thin" Then I realized I really didn't know what I was talking about and felt bad for saying it. We'll see how it goes when I get there!

Robot~ Way to go on the shred! Some times when I don't want to do something or I don't want to get that last five minutes in I say to myself, "but think how proud you will be when you finish this!"

Rock on ladies!

Robot
01-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I woke up this morning thinking, what's the point of staying on plan. Not sure why I thought that. It was bizarre. I had a slice of pie with a side of chips for breakfast. :( Ugg.

WormwoodDoll
01-18-2009, 01:12 PM
So...I've decided that starting Monday I will NOT weigh myself for 4 weeks. I am tired of the scale going up and down every day and feeling like crap because of it. I just want to focus on me and my progress, not the numbers. I also want to stay OP for the 28 days - completely. I need to start logging my calories every day again. It makes me feel a bit more sane.

Lately things have been pretty rough. I am tired of going through this spiral of emotional eating. I'm tired of seeing the scale go up. I just can't seem to get past 218-219. It upsets me because I know if I didn't sabotage myself, I would have lost so much more. I spent so much energy into putting together a new, healthier life style, and I'm not putting enough in actually putting it into action.

I think this next 28 days will help me in so many ways. I want to test myself to see if I can do this. I want to see if I really can make those smarter choices while out; to avoid all my temptations. I know I can do it. I'm just not sure if I am putting my whole heart in it, and it's time to!

**EDIT**
Okay, I'm going to do it for 27 days because I think it would be an awesome Valentine's day gift to myself.

froggie83
01-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I woke up this morning thinking, what's the point of staying on plan. Not sure why I thought that. It was bizarre. I had a slice of pie with a side of chips for breakfast. :( Ugg.
that's not so bad - especially at the start of the day when you have a clean slate and the rest of the day to process it. might even give your metabolism a kick! are you back on plan for the rest of the day?

Robot
01-18-2009, 04:43 PM
WormwoodDoll - I know how you feel about the scale going up. It's frustrating. I know you can do this!

Froggie - The rest of the day isn't so great either. I had a grilled cheese sandwich, more pie and a glass of pepsi. I'm hoping tomorrow I don't wake up with the same negative attitude.

Skullarix
01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Its rough, but we can do it! I've been semi off plan for the last three days, so I've gotta get back on 100% today...

We can do girls!

Sunrose
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just checking in...sometimes I am shy to post anything, but I'm trying to change that. :o Even if I'm not posting, just remember I'm always lurking! Sounds kinda creepy, huh?

Well, I lost one pound last week, putting me at 228.8 instead of 229.8. I am happy with that since I didn't exercise at all - something I'm going to change soon.

WormwoodDoll - I like the idea of not weighing. Whether the scale goes up or down I always become obsessed after I weigh! I think once a month is a great idea, but I don't know if I can resist! Don't give up, I know you can get through this rough patch! :hug:

Robot and Skullarix- I know today will be a much better day for both of you! :)

kelly315
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Yay! I finally saw some weight loss after TOM, and today I weight 225.

froggie83
01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
i'm expecting a new scales to be delivered tomorrow, more accurate than the cheapo one i have now, i'm quite excited

WormwoodDoll
01-21-2009, 03:12 AM
So..instead of lbs I'm going to measure inches for the next 4 weeks. :) I'll report my inches next Friday and then the following Fridays. I measured myself today and this is what I got:

Chest: 44 inches
Waist: 39 1/2 inches
Hip: 52 1/2 inches

My hip is that much bigger?! Sheesh.

Robot
01-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Wormwooddoll - I like your avatar. You're insanely gorgeous.

Wabe
01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
2lb off this week :) 5 in total so far this year!! 10 since I started dieting last year. Happy :)

froggie83
01-22-2009, 09:07 AM
nothing in the last 5 days, boohoo

WormwoodDoll
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Robot. :) And congrats, Wabe! Keep your head up, froggie!

How is everyone else doing?

I've been OP for the last 3 days and hope to continue it throughout this weekend. I'm prepared, RAWR! I will conquer the weekend!

Robot
01-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I weighed in yesterday at 199. Maybe this time I'll actually stay under 200. My body for some reason won't let me stay under 200.

Skullarix
01-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey Chicks,

It's been a rough week. I gave up diet soda and then I've started binging. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think it might be a combination of giving up the diet soda and its my TOM. I've given up diet soda before and didn't have this problem. Its to the point I'm scared I'm not going to be able to get back OP and I'm going to gain all the weight back!

I'll be OP all day at work, and then once I get home from work then I start shoving food in my face and I can't seem to stop. So far I've been OP all day.

Needless to say it's been a rough week and the scale shows it, so yesterday I was 161 *sigh*

Though I must be believing in myself a bit today because I just got back from the thrift store where I bought three pairs of pants to replace ones that are laughably huge on me now.

Robot
01-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I know what you mean, Skullarix. I tried giving up certain things and ended up bingeing. I know you can do it. Look how far you've come.

WormwoodDoll
01-24-2009, 11:16 PM
I haven't gone to the gym but have been eating okay. Back to the gym on Monday!

Things are starting to look up. I got a full time job! My hours were dramatically decreased from 35/week to less than 20! I could barely afford my bills. So things were getting stressful. Hopefully I'll be able to stay on track once things get less stressful!

Riayn
01-25-2009, 01:28 AM
I know it is late, but I can join in? It would be good to have a target date to lose weight by.

Robot
01-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Of course you can join. Welcome!

Riayn
01-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome Robot.

I guess I should weigh in.

SW: 186lbs
CW: 181.5lbs
GW: 154lbs

Plan: Watch what I eat and the size of my meals and exercise my butt off.

Wabe
01-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Welcome Riayn :)

I don't really know how I'm getting on this week. There are alot of family difficulties surrounding my boyfriends family and its taking its toll on both of us. I did have take away on Thursday night but I hope i've worked that off now. I also haven't been keeping track of my calorie intake as I usually do with my little notebook and I think I'm suffering from that. I am trying to make a concious effort to eat healthily though, even if I am ignoring calories for a bit.

Must try again!!

merc girl x
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
It's me! It's me! It's Earnest T!

Sorry for the MIA-ness. I've been sick as a daaaawg! and The Spawn had to have ear tube surgery again. And my parents came for a few days visit, hadn't seen them in a year. And still unpacking. Mostly I was just sick lol

I have been eating whatever. Plenty of processed wheat products.:eek: Yeah, I gotz a case of the bread bloat sooo bad, I look preggers. :moo: :p LOL But upward and onward once more, we shall go!!

I got on the scale this morning to assess damage, I am 3 lbs up from 3 weeks ago. I was relieved. It could have been awful especially based on the size of my bloat. LOL

Everybody's doing so great! And Hello to the new folks who came in!

B: Flax meal cheese danish w/ tsp PB, coffee w/ milk

Wormwood Doll- Your new Avi is the Hotness! :) I like how you have made a mini-challenge for yourself for Valentine's day. I am gonna play the mimic and make one for myself, too!

I challenge myself to drink 64 oz of water a day, everyday until V-day. At that point it should be worked into a habit and I can do another mini-challenge. What's crazy is I used to easily drink over 100 oz a day, now look at me, all lizard-skinned and dehydrated! lol

Robot- Hey! Hang in there! I totally have days exactly as you described. Like you wake up feeling almost anti-progress motivated. Tell me more about the bean and oat crust pizza. (yes, I came back and read all 9 pages I had missed lol)

merc girl x
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Lookee! I have been here long enough for a ticker and siggie! I chose YOU! angry little chicken ticker!

froggie83
01-28-2009, 04:24 AM
fell off the wagon over the last week, back up to 197. gack. back to the start i go! but i'm visiting my boyfriend for his birthday this weekend - we are a food-and-drink based couple :P
i'll let you know how that goes...

edit: weighed myself this morning on my new more accurate (i hope) scales and it says i'm 192.5. the old cheap scales says 195-196 (it likes to cover a range of possible weights over the course of a couple of minutes..). i only got the new one last week and when i checked it against the old one they were both the same. hmmm. well, at least things aren't as bad as i thought.

merc girl x
01-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Just a quickie from me:
Yesterday's menu:
L: blackened london broil and shrimp on a caesar salad
S: 5-6 olives, too many peanuts
D: Homemade black beans and wheat free corn cakes, sausage, pan-roasted okra

I ate 3 don't-say-its yesterday afternoon, just to stay honest with ya. But I drank all my water and stayed wheat free. I was higher in carbies than originally planned but not wheat ones and feel much less "fluffy" this morning lol of course 1 1/2lb of water fell off in the last 24 hours. LOL

DH has agreed to go wheat free for 2 weeks to see if that will clear up some issues he has. This should be an interesting 2 weeks. though, he said he had to start next week. LOL But he agreed so I know he will stick to it.

Now to figure out what I will pack in his lunch everyday to keep it interesting enough. :dizzy:

I am unpacking the stinking Glass Room today. I have to get to work LOL I have sucked at the unpacking. Have a good-un.

WormwoodDoll
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
So...I went off for 4 days...But 23/27 days isn't too bad right? I'm working the next 11 days and won't have time to go back home so I'll be perfectly okay for the next 2 weeks. And hopefully I'll have my head straight when I DO go up there. No more crazy social eating!

Robot
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Robot- Hey! Hang in there! I totally have days exactly as you described. Like you wake up feeling almost anti-progress motivated. Tell me more about the bean and oat crust pizza. (yes, I came back and read all 9 pages I had missed lol)

The pizza was pretty decent. The crust was more like a thick cracker, but it was filling. I topped it with lots of veggies.

froggie83
01-29-2009, 02:44 AM
Just a quickie from me:
Yesterday's menu:
chicken ticker masala

new mini-goal: limit myself to one cringeworthy pun a week

Wabe
01-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Fell off the wagon a bit this week but still lost 1lb! So quite happy about that. Of course the diet is now off over the weekend too as it's my birthday (21st too!) and Diets and Birthdays do not mix. So will have to work my butt off to get anywhere next Thursday!

merc girl x
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
new mini-goal: limit myself to one cringeworthy pun a week

ROFL!!

I am not eatin' nooo chicken tickers! But you know, if I HAD to... Chicken Tickers Masala would probably be the way to go! lol

I snacked most of the day yesterday, a little salad, some peanuts, a bite or two of this and that. No wheat. and alas, no water either. But I did lots of trips up and down the stairs. Dinner was a real meal, though- blackened chicken with Frank's Red Hot and Blue Cheese dressing, some black beans and green beans. lotta beans, I know LOL

I am back to the grindstone. Have a gewt day!:devil:

WormwoodDoll
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I am itching to weigh myself. :lol: But it would be such a bad time! I have my TOM!

pokio
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
I am going in the wrong direction, UGH... 181 this week...

Time to step up the workouts!

Skullarix
01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Great Job on the loss

Wabe I hear ya on the b-day stuff, I ate almost 1/2 my cake by myself! Eeep!

Back to 159... Maybe this week will be better.

Sunrose
01-31-2009, 12:41 AM
I just want to thank everyone here for your motivation, inspiration, and support. Without you guys I don't know if I would be pushing myself to get that exercise in and stay within my calories.

I hope it's okay, but I've decided not to weigh myself until near the end of the challenge. It's just a psychological thing with me that I get frustrated and give up if the scale isn't going down fast enough for my perfectionist brain.

I'll continue to post here though, and I'm hoping to get to know some of you better soon, too!

I've been doing great on exercise and eating, so I feel like I'm on a roll. It can be hard at times, but I know we can all be strong and accomplish anything! :cheer3: Go us!!! :cheer2:

Robot
01-31-2009, 04:53 AM
Hello everyone! Just quickly dropping by to say I stayed the same with my weight. That's better than a gain. I'm also feeling crummy and bloated. I'm having the worst phantom TOM! (I only get real TOMs 2 or 3 times a year).

OK, I'll come back later to read the thread.

Skullarix
02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Some month I WILL get all my goal cardio in!!! Febuary may just be that month...

jandaman
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
robot- re: phantom TOMs-you are the first person i heard who also gets them..i only "really" ovulate 2-3x as well cuz i got too much gosh-durned testosterone. weird.do you still git nasty pms, tho? i sure do. bleargh.

another first: "bread bloat"--> i TOTALLY get that but had never connected the dots..now see a huge shiny lightbulb above my head AHA! thanx merc girl.

Robot
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
jandaman - Yeah I get it too. I hate it and it confuses me because I didn't know people can PMS without actually having a TOM.

jandaman
02-05-2009, 09:33 AM
yeah, i know! i thought i was goin outta my gourd:)- my ob-gyn calls it "silent menstruation" and explained that all the usual crazy hormonal stuff is going on but the egg is not hangin around. of course he used very intelligent doctor-speak terms. i am actually considering some kind of hormonal boost so'z i kin have a "natural" cycle. i do kinda feel out of it...out of whack, ya know? crave that female cyclical moon-time thang! how boutchoo?

Robot
02-05-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm actually mixed about it. I do want to have a "normal" cycle, but I'm so used to not having to worry about it too much.

Wabe
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Lost 1 lb this week which I am sooo surprised by. I won't even tell you what I ate because it will make you weep.

12st 7lb now though :) or 176lb for those who work only in lbs

Sunrose
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
I thought I'd just check in since I haven't in a while. I said I wasn't going to weigh myself, but I did anyway. I was at 228.4 this morning, which is only .4 down from last week, but 4 pounds since January 1. I know that any loss is good, but I definitely want to step it up. I really don't mind the weight loss going slowly, but at the same time I know I can do a lot better.

My goal is to be more consistent in my eating and exercising. It seems like every three days or so, I eat something I shouldn't. This time I want to go a whole week before I have one "treat" meal for my birthday. I also want to exercise even when I'm "not in the mood." I really want to make my goal of being in the teens by the end of this challenge!

Thank you all for being here! Hope you are all having a great weekend! :)

Skullarix
02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Its been a rough week, for me I didn't gain, but I didn't lose. So grand total 159 again.

I feel as if I'm stressing myself out with my goal this time around.

jandaman
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
88.7 kilos this morning. bleargh!!! hoping it's water retention and /or the müsli i had eaten before....i know better than to weigh in after brekky fully clothed. wah wah wah.

WormwoodDoll
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Where's Faerie? I haven't seen her around. :(

Anyways, how are you ladies doing?

Wabe
02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
2lb this week bringing me to my first goal...

I have officially lost 1stone/14lb :D Reeeeeallly happy!!! No idea what I've lost on this Challenge so far. WIll need to check!!!

Skullarix
02-14-2009, 10:03 AM
:coffee2: I am 157... This is a very important number because it means that I have lost 50 lbs!!!!! Don't mind if I add some WOO!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Robot
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Yay congrats skullarix!

Sunrose
02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
:celebrate: Way to go, Sullarix! :congrat: You have done an awesome job! I know that these milestones are very important in our journeys! Just think of all the hard work you have put in to get to this point! :cheer: You go!

Well, yesterday I weighed in and was surprised to be 226.2, which is just over two pounds lost from last week! I am happy with that because I haven't been at 226 in years, like since 2001! So I guess I had a small milestone of my own. And I just realized when thinking about Sullarix's awesome accomplishment that I will have lost a total of 50 pounds once I lose only six more pounds! I've just done it really slowly with a lot of ups and downs along the way.

I am getting through my birthday/Valentine's Day weekend okay. I did not go too far overboard last night even though I had more calories than I would have liked to. Today I am going to exercise before I leave to my parents' house for my birthday party, and I plan on sticking with my calories today and just working a piece of birthday cake into my plan. These situations are where my real test comes in because this is where I always eat way too much and get down on myself then give up on everything. Well, it's not happening this time. Things are so different this time - in my mind! And that's where it all happens, I am realizing. I am going to accomplish my goal no matter what, and that's all there is to it. I just wonder why it was so hard to get to this point in my mind, to believe in myself enough. But I guess that's the big question for everyone.

Hope you are all having a great weekend and :val1: Happy Valentine's Day! :val2:

jandaman
02-20-2009, 08:43 AM
throwing some serious woo your way-skullarix! fiddy poundz..damn!!
same same but different kudos to wabe for droppin that stone :)
aaaand here's to sunrose shedding those next 6 and creating a different positive mindset to live in..and with. you are so right it all boils down to this.

feel v much setback as my back injuries prevent me from doing much at all..and i tend to eat it up when i am frustrated, in denial, bored, unhappy..(could go on and on but you catch my drift)
new goal is
1. get healthy (will be admitted into back injury rehabilation clinic end of march)
2. not to gain any more

toodle pip y'all

kelly315
02-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Start 1/14 228.4
Today 2/24 218
Goal 3/20: 208

:) Things are coming alone nicely.

jandaman
02-25-2009, 01:51 PM
niiiice, kelly! v. hot pic as well (if ya don' mind me sayin' :) )

Wabe
02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Down to 172lb! Happy!! Nearly geting to the 160's!

WormwoodDoll
02-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm at 216. I don't think I'll be able to get to my Onderland goal due to a lot of set backs for a month and a half, but eh! I'm happy with any loses.

Robot
02-27-2009, 01:28 AM
I've been slacking off badly. Not cool. I'm too afraid to weigh myself. I would not be surprised if I'm in the 200s again. Uggg.

That and an evangelist just called my brother a dago and said he was going to ****. I hate people sometimes.

Sunrose
03-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Last week I was down to 225, but I didn't even weight myself this week because I know it's either the same or worse. Bleh! :(

Today is a new month and I am renewing my commitment! Anyone care to join me? I went for a 50 minute walk today with my hubby and am going to stick to my calories for the day! I plan on making March even better than February, and even though I might not make my goal of being in the teens at the end of this challenge, at least I lost something! I really need to focus on that fact so I don't freak out and give up.

kelly315
03-01-2009, 05:40 PM
niiiice, kelly! v. hot pic as well (if ya don' mind me sayin' :) )

hehe..thanks. :hug: I think I would still be about 10 pounds heavier if it wasn't for metformin. It seems to have really balanced out my system.

jandaman
03-03-2009, 03:39 PM
metformin???

WormwoodDoll
03-13-2009, 11:47 PM
I am getting so close to my original goal for this challenge.

I am at 209lbs. IF I WOULD OF STAYED OP PLAN MOST OF DECEMBER AND JANUARY, I PROBABLY WOULD OF BEEN IN ONDERLAND. Argh! :fr:

Robot
03-14-2009, 01:56 PM
WormwoodDoll, you'll be under 200 before you know it.

Sunrose
03-15-2009, 02:53 PM
WormwoodDoll - you are my inspiration right now. I am still in the mid to upper 220's and if I had done better, I might be where you are now!

I have slacked off so back over the last two weeks - I haven't even weighed myself to see the damage! My goal for this challenge was at least to be in the teens and that was a VERY moderate, easily attainable goal, and I didn't do it. The exact day I hit 225 was the exact day that I gave up. It freaks me out to be successful for some reason that I can't figure out, so everytime I accomplish something new, I just STOP. I need to find a way to push through those times and keep going, because I really want to do this! Argh...I am frustrated! :?:

Robot
03-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Wow, this challenge is already over. It went way too fast.

kelly315
03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Start 1/14 228.4
2/24 218
3/20: 210

I was aiming for 208, but I'm happy with what happened. How did everyone else do?

And Wormwooddoll- I am so excited that you're so close to ONEderland. You and df should totally have a party

WormwoodDoll
03-22-2009, 07:57 PM
My end weight is 208.3lbs.

I'll take it! (I forgot this was over already, geez).

Kelly - My friend is throwing me a party once I hit 199lbs! WOO!