Old 12-27-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Talking How to spend my christmas money? (Somewhat OT)

I've been wandering around store after store the past couple days trying to spend the extra cash ($400ish) i got for christmas, but can't seem to find anything that i want. not necessarily just clothes, but home furnishings, gadgets, etc. my parents got me a coffee pot as one of my gifts, so i bought some sugar-free syrups to add to my coffee (yum yum!), but that's all i've been able to come up with so far. i know that SAVING the money is a possibility, or even spending it on bills/groceries/necessities, but where's the fun in that?

anyone else having this problem? find any sweet deals/sales this weekend?
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Id save them for the end of Jan beginning of Feb .. they have HUGE sales at those times.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #3  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Open up a separate account with it, and store it there.

While you're shopping later on in the year, you may get an idea of something you'd want to buy while you're relaxed and browsing.

Better to do that, than to let it burn a hole in your pocket and buy mediocre things you don't even really want, and ends up sitting unopened somewhere.

But personally, I'd get a pair of boots and a coach purse
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #4  

So, I need a lot of motivation to keep achieving my weight loss and fitness goals.

So I, having recieved about the same amount of money you did, parcelled it up to be accessed when I hit a certain goal. I also put some money as "spend me now!" so I can have some fun over break!

Like, $50 when I complete C25K. $25 when I run an eight minute mile, $50 when I weigh 165lbs, etc.

Maybe that'd work for you too?
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

Maybe put it towards some new workout gear? Like a treadmill, elliptical or weights. That is if you don't already own those things.

I spent all my christmas cash on new clothes, its the first time in awhile i bought a ton of stuff knowing it would fit the next winter also. It was a great feeling. I also got some warm slippers, and some cute new jewelry.

Viatre and RN BSN 2009 have great ideas i think. Then you can keep giving yourself small little gifts all throughout the year.

Whatever you chose, have fun spending all that money, i got about half as much as you did, and i had a blast the day after christmas!
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

i had the same problem...lol and bought a treadmill. they are really cheap now after christmas...or you could save it untill you do find something that makes you fall on the floor with desire! lol
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #7  
new girl

S/C/G: 177.8/174.3/125

Height: 5'2"

I just bought a macro lens for my camera (I'm a photographer), a new external hard drive to back up my laptop, and a kitchenaid mixer (for my business, mostly-- I make soaps, creams, whipped body butter etc.)...

aaaaaand that was all my extra $ + some, lol.
jerzeezfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:31 AM   #8  
new girl

S/C/G: 177.8/174.3/125

Height: 5'2"

RN BSN 2009 has a good idea-- I was just looking at this LOOOVELY bag earlier this morning:

coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=12551&category_id=1605 (sorry I can't post links, my post count isn't high enough)

or

coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=12567&category_id=1930
jerzeezfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Im the same, I could wonder round and round store trying to find something to purchase with the money I had given me over christmas. My top priority does need to be clothes atm as I have just emptied my wardrobe and probably have about 10 outfits that fit.

However, I am so tempted to get a treadmill - me and my brother were going to go halfs with one so it seems the perfect option. I wouldnt even notice the use of the money that way and it would benefit the pait of us.

You could always save the money up and use it towards a goal treat?
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote