General chatter - Yay for my new Camera!!!

View Full Version : Yay for my new Camera!!!

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 07:42 PM
So I just bought myself a new digital camera, it's pretty sweet. Here's my first taken and edited picture:D

P.S. I like to edit pictures so let me know if you want one edited!!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z3xgn5.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2445pvn.jpg

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, It's a 10mp, which means the pictures are HUGE which means it's super easy to edit them without messing it up:D I LOVE LOVE LOVE photo editing. I am super happy!!!

Bee20nine
12-26-2008, 07:57 PM
That is a very shapely eyebrow there. I need to get mine done again so they look like that.

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I kid you not, it's the same picture.

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 08:00 PM
That is a very shapely eyebrow there. I need to get mine done again so they look like that.

I had a little help from some software :devil:

mxgirl737
12-26-2008, 10:27 PM
That's so beautiful! I wish I knew how to do that. ...if you would be willing, I have a photo that I'd like edited to look really cool. haha.... I tried so hard, I'm just not good at it. :(

like...how do I get rid of redeye? I thought my camera was supposed to not make red eyes...but it has been lately :( I look like a demon in all my photos!

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Post the pic, or message me a link to it (upload here www.tinypic.com) and give me an idea of how you would like it to look:)

zeffryn
12-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I got a new camera for Christmas as well! I love it!!

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 11:03 PM
My dad gave me money so I could go buy a Camera during the boxing day sales. I got a really sweet 10mp for 99.95. I have to say, it was a good deal:D The best part is, it has a rechargeable battery in it!

mxgirl737
12-26-2008, 11:19 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/esunns.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2s0zipv.jpg

There are a couple photos...haha...I don't want to bug you too bad, but I'd really appreciate it if you could take the red eyes out hahaha (maybe tell me how too? ...I'm totally photoshop stupid).

You can do whatever you'd like with the photos, surprise me :) I'm sure you'll make them look awesome. The one of your eyebrow is really cool. I want a really neat photo to give to my boyfriend...I look so blah in all of them. lol

Thanks!

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 11:21 PM
well I'll do these ones, but for future reference here's a site online to fix the red eye

http://www.snapfish.com/tourediting

I don't use photoshop, I use photoimpressions. So I really can't help you on the photoshop:P

mxgirl737
12-26-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the site...I tried it, but it makes me look like I have black eyes by the time I get all the red out--like the areas around my eyes get really dark as well. i'll figure something out tho. Thanks!

Beautiful Ace
12-26-2008, 11:59 PM
hmm, if I was going to write something pretty on the picture, what would it be? lol

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 12:07 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2vug1i1.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/qqae5g.jpg

this is what I have so far

mxgirl737
12-27-2008, 12:09 AM
that's pretty... gosh i wish i was good at this stuff.

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Not sure what to do with this one, so I just enhanced it a bit and fixed your demon eye problem:P

http://i43.tinypic.com/2luu4y.jpg

mxgirl737
12-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks!!! I like it. Haha...thanks for getting rid of the demon eyes...now if I can only get rid of my nasty double chin :( ...I guess that'll involve running though :( :( :(

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 12:42 AM
I could, but that would just change your entire face. Do you really want to lie to yourself and others? lol I think you should just be proud of your double chin knowing that it's going to be gone soon!!! Everytime I look at pictures of myself now, where the undesireable double chin, and rolls etc are sticking out, I just remind myself that those aren't going to be there forever!!!

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 01:29 AM
I don't know. I know for sure it's a hobbie, but I'm not completely sure yet if I'm looking to really get into it! I probably should since I'm good at it(not pro but pretty good) and I like it.

PhotoChick
12-27-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm a professional photographer and I own my own business. I have to tell you that if you're not 100% certain this is what you want to do as a career, then don't.

First of all, being "pretty good" isn't good enough. There are TONS of really amazingly talented people out there who are fan-frickin'-tastic. If you go into business, realize that you're going to compete against them.

Two, once you decide to do something as a career, it's no longer something that you can do just for fun. What was fun becomes an obligation. You no longer can take your time and play around or schedule things that you want to when you want to. You're at the mercy of your clients to a large degree. Don't get me wrong, I love LOVE what I do ... but it's a JOB. And it's a lot of work. And there are days that I truly don't ever want to hold my camera again (especially after a 3 wedding weekend).

Finally, and maybe most importantly, if you decide to become a photographer, the actual photography is maybe 15% of what you'll do. There are days I dream about being able to just shoot and be done with it. But now, shooting is the smallest part of running my business. Marketing, bills, accounting, client management, orders, processing, all of that ... is the vast majority of what I do on a daily basis.

As I said, I love what I do. And if I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But keep in mind that being a photographer has been my dream my whole life. I didn't get into it because I liked it just ok. I knew from the time I picked up my father's camera when I was 7 that someday this is what I was going to do. As with any self-employment, you have to have a level of dedication and commitment that goes beyond just "liking" it. You have to love it. Passionately. Otherwise you'll grow to hate it because it's become an obligation ... and I would hate for that to happen to anyone.

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 01:56 AM
Well the reason why I'm not sure yet, is because I haven't looked into it. I'm having trouble really deciding what I want to do with my life. The reason why I'm just okay is because I've never really owned a digital camera until now, or any good camera. After all school is for learning and perfecting your skills etc. Thanks for all the information. I have 2 years, or a little less, to try to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. Of course I'm going to look into everything I might be interested in. Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to know what I want to do from a young age. It's kind of scary. I don't want to go to college for something and then decide I don't want to do that!

PhotoChick
12-27-2008, 02:25 AM
Well you know ... I have a degree in History. :) Not really much "use" for it ... except that having gone to college and completed my degree is the important thing. I've found that unless you're planning a very specific career, it's often not terribly important what your degree is in. Good grades and a commitment to completing the program is the really important thing.

And I hope I didn't come across as discouraging you. I don't want to discourage anyone from following a dream - whether a childhood dream or a more recently realized dream. I just know that most people think of photography - and of owning their own business for that matter - as being "easy". :)

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 02:32 AM
No, I don't want to say I know you... But I get why you say things, and I get how you say them. If it was the first post I've read of yours I might be like wtf? ahaha I just understand your way of putting things:) It didn't discourage me:P

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 03:14 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/666871/80471269.jpg

I didn't do this, I just thought it was cool.

jerzeezfinest
12-29-2008, 01:04 AM
If you can, edit on layers so that you don't destruct the actual pixels of the image-- never save on top of the original file-- and when you're resizing, don't add pixels you'll create artifacts and other weird things... you'd want to resize using the information that is already there--- I hope that makes sense.

I just saw that you were saying the pics were really big, and a lot of the time the images aren't dealt with in a non-destructive way... so just a few hints for you!

Beautiful Ace
12-29-2008, 01:12 AM
How do you add pixels when you resize? You mean by making the picture bigger?

I always make a new file when I'm editing pictures.

Using the info that is already there to resize, so you mean like keeping the aspect ratio?

Beautiful Ace
12-29-2008, 01:14 AM
And what do you mean by adding on layers to not destruct the actual pixels?

PhotoChick
12-29-2008, 01:16 AM
What are you using to edit or modify your images? If you're using PhotoShop, then create a duplicate layer so that the mods you make are to the layer, not the original image. That way you can erase or step back through your editing process.

I suspect jerzee mentioned it because she saw the same artifacts that I did in the images you posted. :)

Beautiful Ace
12-29-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't have photoshop, I use photoimpression, I got it with a camera a couple years ago.

Beautiful Ace
12-29-2008, 01:19 AM
oh, so like every different part I edit should be it's own layer?

PhotoChick
12-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Well I wouldn't go that far, but if you're going to make any drastic changes, I'd layer, yeah. It's hard for me to say exactly because I shoot in RAW and use Bridge for my exposure adjustments or b&w conversions. Then I do any final retouching or special effects in PhotoShop.

Once you've done with all of your changes, you can flatten the layers to make the size of the image smaller.