General chatter - What are your resolutions for 2009?

NightengaleShane
12-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Do you have any? If so, what are they? They can be weight-loss related, but they don't have to be. They can be as personal, bizarre, or even as trite as you'd like.

Mine are:
-To maintain my 50 pound weight loss for another year :eek:
-To be Ms Gainesville 2009 (this would mean winning the female category for the Gainesville Open Bodybuilding contest)
-To remain in good health - 2008 was a bit of a rollercoaster for me health-wise, and I want to make sure that improves in 2009
-To be the best personal trainer, bodybuilder, youth minister, and even office assistant (day job) that I can possibly be
-To keep my mind clear and focused on the things that matter most to ME

I also have a silly little goal to quit my day job and become a full timer in the fitness industry, but if that does not happen this year, my panties will not be in a bunch. I am fully aware of the financial demands and responsibilities completely owning your own business entails.

xdominic89x
12-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Mine are to completely cut out soda and those devil treats at work. My boss likes to stock up on anything imaginable including double stuff oreos and chocolate of many sorts.

NightengaleShane
12-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, Dominic, your boss is a lot like mine: my boss LOVES to have lots of food around and thoroughly enjoys feeding me. He has the "food is love" mentality and thinks that by giving me lots of food, he is showing his appreciation for me and making me happy. So... I feel your pain! It is hard to stay on plan when your boss is constantly trying to shove food down your throat!

Thighs Be Gone
12-25-2008, 07:56 PM
My resolution:

To simplify. To say NO more often. To focus my energies on what I say yes to.

xdominic89x
12-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Ha, yes. It is so hard to work when you are constantly allured to the fact that there is delicious chocolates just a few feet away. Also, it tends to hit me best between 2-5 o'clock so I'm going to try incorporating more filling meals/snacks to prevent the attack.

jules1216
12-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Ha, yes. It is so hard to work when you are constantly allured to the fact that there is delicious chocolates just a few feet away. Also, it tends to hit me best between 2-5 o'clock so I'm going to try incorporating more filling meals/snacks to prevent the attack.

My office is the same way--there is always a candy jar on a coworkers desk with a lid that everyone clinks constantly reminding you there are chocalates--two of the ladies have children/grandchildren who they visit several times a year and both stop at the Russell Stover candy outlet and bring some back to share--another lady loves to bake and since it's just her and her hubby she brings it in to share.....

some days I do really good, but then others it's a struggle when the chocolate keeps calling my name....

jules1216
12-25-2008, 08:11 PM
My resolutions have to do with getting myself more organized..

continue my decluttering....

simplify my life and keep toxic people out of it....

learn to put me first....

Suzanne 3FC
12-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Move more
De-clutter
Learn something new :)

stacylambert
12-26-2008, 03:45 AM
-Start running again.
-Finally train for the half marathon I've wanted to do (although the actual race will be in jan 2010).
-Reach my goal FINALLY. I'm sooo sick of yo-yo dieting.
-No more McDonalds!!!!

kari1980
12-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Mine is to start working out again on a CONSISTENT basis, no all or nothing mentality. Work on portion control, had just placed an order for a food delivery service.

http://www.imageuploader1.info/image/BG/BG.gif

figureskater546
12-26-2008, 05:44 AM
I have 3 new years resolutions, 2 are weight loss related.

1. NO fast food (the only exception is subway cuz I can't live without it)

2. Join a gym and workout everyday after work (5days a week)

3. Spend more time with my family and friends, especially my little sister

wish me luck!

NightengaleShane
12-26-2008, 08:05 AM
I think it is beautiful how several of you have goals of running a marathon.

I thought about doing a triathlon, but no one around me wants to try it with me and I guess I am not motivated enough to train alone :lol: I am pretty sure that in a triathlon, I'd place last, but it'd be a fun experience and super cool to say I actually did it!

Shopaholic1204
12-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Mine is always the same.

To not make any resolutions, because I never keep them. But then again, this is the only one I actually keep, lol.

techwife
12-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Mine is to realize that I'll NEVER be organized and to not beat myself up for it. :lol3:

My real goal is to wake up every day, take a deep breath and remind myself to look at the big picture and remember that it's all good.

I also want to spend one of my two days off (Monday and Friday) to do something nice for ME. Get my nails done, watch a Matthew movie, the Food Channel, go for a walk or play with my dog in the back yard. I lose Fridays in April when the snowbirds come back, so I have to take advantage while I can. ;)

techwife
12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
BTW, Shane, you ARE superwoman! JUST LOOK AT THOSE ABS, BABY!!! :woohoo:

JackieRn
12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
My biggest one is to keep eating clean and exercising all year round. I also want to move into better place and become more organized.

river
12-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Mine is to reach my fighting weight again before my 40th in May. And maybe to get back into martial arts but if that doesn't happen this year it will be because of work demands so i won't beat myself up if I put it off another year.

Ookpik
12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
My weight-related goal is to finish what I started two years ago, and try to meet my goal by losing another 40 pounds. I lose weight slowly, so I don't think 40 pounds, over the course of a year, will be too hard.

Another, non-weight-related resolution is to see my father more. I went to visit him in the nursing home yesterday and I felt so sad because he looked so sad when I left, and it made me realize he doesn't have much time left on this earth (I know none of us knows when our time will come, but for an 87-year-old, time is running short) and I should make more time for him. With two jobs and being sick quite often this Fall (flu twice and strep throat twice) I haven't been able to see him as often as I should.

Hope I am not depressing but the second one was really a resolution I made yesterday.

EZMONEY
12-26-2008, 06:28 PM
I wanna be as cool as SHANE!

NightengaleShane
12-26-2008, 11:08 PM
techwife, I haven't seen the likes of you around here much lately! How have you BEEN? :)

Oh... and thank you for the abs compliment. I greatly appreciate it :D however, they are currently in hiding, as I had some good eatin' and then some during Christmas. They say abs are made in the kitchen and I strongly believe it! :lol: My kitchen is looking more like a bakery, but I'm not concerned... I know I can get back on track for the new year.

river - so you used to do boxing, eh? That's awesome. I was dating a guy who wanted to throw me into the ring (wrestling, in this case) but then when I ended our relationship, I unfortunately lost all his connections, too. Oh well. Best of luck in getting down to your fighting weight and winning lots of fights while you're at it! :)

Gary - :o Pssssht, you already ARE :p NEXT!

Ookpik - :hug: no, it is not a depressing resolution; death is something we all have to face one day :( I also know what it is like to almost lose a parent: when I was 8 years old, my mother got double pneumonia. Because she also has multiple sclerosis, her chances of living were drastically decreased. She was in ICU and I cried my eyes out for days upon days until I knew she wouldn't die. My sister kept telling me she would make it (but the doctors said the chances were iffy) and I told my sister she was too young to understand anything about death :lol: I wish your dad the best of health in 2009 and the same for you. :)

Ookpik
12-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks Shane! All the best in 2009! :)

techwife
12-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Shane: Two words....HOCKEY PRACTICE!! :fr:

evilwomaniamshe
12-27-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna concentrate on my armage in 2009 by lifting heavier weights. By years end 2009, I hope to have more defined pipes to show off in my tanks!
Wish me luck peeps.

MissVitality
12-28-2008, 09:52 AM
I have quite a long list! I plan to:

1) Continue healthy eating and hopefully continue to lose the excess weight and advance towards goal!

2) Keep up my exercise routine but perhaps mix it up a bit more

3) Complete a race to raise money for a cancer charity to honour the memory of loved ones

4) Make an effort to spend more quality time with family and friends - especially my young niece and nephew

5) Learn to relax, stop feeling so anxious and stop striving to be such a perfectionist in everything I do

6) Pay off outstanding debts and start making regular savings

7) Keep giving regular blood donations

8) Contribute more to my parish community, for example, by doing readings at mass

9) Confront the issues I have with difficult people at work rather than worry myself sick about them and letting resentment build up

10) Be open to the possibility of new romance and finally move on from a previous heartbreak which has held me back for a while! and

11) Choose to have a positive attitude to life each and every day!

Spoz
12-28-2008, 01:00 PM
1. To live to my full potential so I am happy and can help those in turn around me to also feel happy.

2. To not let my weight control how I feel about myself, if it goes up, goes down or stays the same. I'm still the same person inside and I still deserve love.

3. To let those I love know it more often :)

Pita09
12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
1. To not only loose my weight ,but to keep it off once and for all.

2. To get back to working out at the gym five days a week instead of 2 or 3 that I have been.

3. To get out of my current job where I feel there is no future and into the one I really want.

4. To keep my eye on the future and let nothing hold me back from getting what I want.

5. To be the best mom I can be as she transitions from kid to adult.

6. To never let him doubt how much I love and need him.

Kim_Star060404
12-29-2008, 02:00 PM
1. Grow in my relationship with God and our church family.

2. Follow Jason's weight loss plan for me for at least 31 days...continue it as long as it works for us.

3. Build a shed in the back yard by May.

4. Declutter, declutter, declutter!

5. Continue on our journey towards financial peace. We're currently scheduled to pay off all consumer debt by Feb. 2010; we want to see if we can do it by Dec. 2009!!

6. Pass my Level 3 Registered Professional Appraiser Exam with FLYING COLORS in February.