Weight Loss Support - How Many Times Have You Gained & Lost?

joyra
12-25-2008, 03:28 AM
I saw someone else post an article about yo-yo dieting and I was curious how many others have yo-yo-ed and how many times in your life?

I GAINED all through childhood. Chubby as far back as I can remember.

I LOST about 15 lbs in 9th grade, my school pictures that year were so cute!

I GAINED again my junior year, I hit 153 lbs the summer before senior year.

I LOST all through senior year and the start of college. Got down to 124.

I GAINED after I broke up with my first serious boyfriend. Got up to 171 between 2002 & 2005.

I LOST 20+ lbs in late 2005 / 2006 and hit 148 by the time I moved to my last city.

I GAINED 25 lbs up to 173 in the first two years of dating my boyfriend

I LOST almost 15 lbs so far and hopefully this is my last time losing. I want to hit goal and maintain FOREVER.

Writing it all out like this, I can see I have yo-yo-ed more than I realized. The more you gain and lose, the harder it is to succeed and the worse it is for your body. Plus I had been worried about the elasticity of my skin and I know stretching and shrinking it repeatedly will only make it worse. It's a good reminder that this change is for the rest of my life.

Marms
12-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I started to gain in kindergarten and was fat up until 9th grade. The summer after 9th grade I lost 70 lbs in 3 months.

Freshman year of college I gained 20 lbs due to late night pizza. I was able to lose the 20 lbs the summer after freshman year with a lot of exercise.

I gained 10 lbs after I got my first "real" job due to sitting behind a desk all day. That 10 lbs stayed on for the next 4 years. I developed sciatica and had to stop running. Because of that I put on 50 lbs in a year and half.

So far I have lost 20 lbs of the 50 lb I gained.

I really hope this is the last time I will need to lose weight, but looking at my track record, it probably won't be. I always seem to revert back into old habits. Even after maintaining for years at a stretch.

me4life
12-25-2008, 09:59 AM
hmmm good question i've never really counted....i'd hate to

basically i gained through highschool but lost it all in my senior year

gained with first baby and second and third

lost before my last until i found out i was pregnant...and surprising never gained any with her

lost 50 lbs before i go married and gained it back shortly after

lost the same 10 pounds atleast 5 times since then and gained it back

jahjah1223
12-25-2008, 11:30 AM
ive only attempted to lose only once before this time and actually lost 8 pounds. before i tried to diet but never really lost.. unless it was the first 4 months of pregnancy id always lose at least 20 pounds during then LOL

Skullarix
12-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, I was about 150 at some point in my teens and dropped to 130 and then went back to 140. I stayed 140 for a long time and then when I moved to the valley in my 20's to go to college I blimped to 217. When I was about 25-26 I dropped to 160 and then went back to 207 & now I'm back down to 164. I'm not going back!!

CruiseCAT
12-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I was just looking at a weight chart that I have kept since 1999. Most of the entries are the start of yet another round of dieting; a couple of reaching goal. They run from 125 - 194. With the average being in the 170's.

I vow that this time will be different. This is not a diet or a means to lose weight. This is about getting healthy.

choirgirlhotel
12-25-2008, 01:41 PM
GAIN: I was up to 200 lb in 2003
LOST: I was down to 175 lb in 2004

GAIN: Back up to 200 lb in 2004
LOST: Down to 155 in 2006

GAIN: Back up to 172 lb 2008

So, two big ones, and now one "little" one that I caught before it spiraled waaaay out of control.

~CGH~

WormwoodDoll
12-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I was average all through my childhood. I was around 110 lbs.

I gained about 50 lbs during the summer of 2001.

I gained ANOTHER 50 lbs and by 2003 I was hitting about 206 lbs.

Between the rest of 2003 - 2004 I gained about 20 lbs, hitting 225lbs.

Between 2004 - 2007 I gained about 30 lbs, maxing out at 256lbs.

In early 2007, I lost about 20-25 lbs, getting close to 230 lbs.

The end of 2007, I was back up at 246 lbs.

And now, 2008, I've lost almost 30 lbs and am now 218 lbs.

thinpossible
12-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Gained all up to age 20, lost about 20 lbs on a crash diet. the I went to Sea World, had an ice cream cone, and that was the end of that.

That's pretty much the extent of my gaining and losing, except for about ten pounds I fool around with now and then, I've been slowly gaining since then.

I'm not quite sure how to establish new habits either, since the old ones are so ingrained.

Interesting question.

kestrel
12-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I was thin (almost 2 thin) up through my freshman year of college. Then the next year I started Depo Provera and in the 2 years I was on it, went from 110 lbs up to ~230 lbs in 1997.

After I graduated and started working I was more active, even though I wasn't necessarily eating much better. And was still drinking a lot on the days I was off shift. :o Got back down to about 170 lbs by the time I got married in 2001.

Got pregnant at the end of 2003, gained ~50 lbs (2 months on bedrest, stuffing my face) and only a little over 8 lbs of that was baby. By the time he was a year old I was back down to maybe 185 lbs?

November 05 - Pregnant with #2, only gained about 30 lbs and 10 lbs of that was baby. Then gained more after she was born due to eating crap.

September 07 - Half-hearted attempt at South Beach diet, lost about 5 lbs.

November 07 - Surprise, pregnant with #3. I don't know how much I gained, I didn't step on a scale once during the entire pregnancy and baby #3 was born in July 08. When DD2 was about 3 weeks old I weighed in at 223 lbs, then my weight stabilized at 216 lbs and stayed there until she was 2 months old. I realized that it wasn't going to go away by itself, I'm not one of the women who magically drop weight during breastfeeding. My body holds on to weight just in case my kids need to nurse until they are old enough to go out and forage for food on their own. ;) (They've all nursed for several years, so I guess that's not too far off.)

September 17th 08 - Started Weight Watchers online. Realized that I wasn't fat because of some weird reaction to hormonal birth control or anything like that, I was fat because I ate way too much and didn't exercise enough. That admission was a great little exercise in humility.

Dec 25th 08 - I've lost just over 30 lbs so far, so I'm pretty much at my halfway point. I've revamped the way I eat, healthier snacks, no stopping at fast food joints 3+ times a week, not guzzling way too much soda each day and I'm eating normal portion sizes.

Michelle98272
12-25-2008, 03:16 PM
My first diet was at age 18. I weighed 160 lbs and went to NutriSystem-back when it was a center to go to instead of meals they send you in the mail. I thought I was very FAT but now wish I'd never dieted and just stayed at that weight-it's really close to my goal weight. I remember being very hungry for 3 months while I lost 20 lbs. I also remember eating lots of Wasa bread and drinking chicken buillon. I stayed at 140 until I started binge drinking on the weekends.

In college I gained up to about 175 from late nights drinking and going out for breakfast after. Mmmmmm...Denny's Grand Slam anyone??

Then I became pregnant at 21 (quit drinking) and gained 100lbs.

Lost 75 lbs approximately post partum. Maintained that weight for a while, then gained up to 217, tried Jenny Craig and Weight Watcher's, losing a little with both but sticking at 217 for long time with out really trying. Then I went on Phen-Fen and lost 70lbs. I loved that stuff! I remember feeling VERY good, eating VERY little and losing VERY fast. I went right back to my old eating habits after I got to 147. I gained the weight back incredibly fast if I recall. I remember my eating my being way out of control after Phen-Fen. Started to binge instead of just overeat.

Maintained that for a short time and then gained back up to approximately 200...getting pregnant with my son and gaining about 40lbs. Post partum, I got down to 190...and then gained up to 238 which I maintained for about 6 years with no effort.

A year ago I met my current bf who loves to cook and is really good at it! I gained about 20lbs in 3 months when he moved in. My highest non-pregnant weight was 255.

I am now 13 lbs lighter and really hope to do this "safe & sane", lose slowly, go into maintenance and stay there for the rest of my life. I don't want to gain again. I got tired of being the fat girl!

x0me880x
12-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Way too many to count. The biggest loss though was the end of 8th grade through summer and into the start of 9th. I lost about 50lb. Needless to say it was back, and then some, by the start of sophmore year.

tryingitagain
12-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Well lets see...I've not really thought about this...but guess I've had a little struggle here myself

I was a very fat child...grandma raised the four of us and she was the type who made you eat everything on your plate...she was also the one who put it on your plate...At age 12 she found me a job and set me out on my own.

I lost weight really fast and hit 130 which I stayed at all through high school...Got married at 17 (barely) was preg after the first year..weighed 208 after that birth...lost back down to 140...bounced around up to 150 and back for the next 4 years...got preg again...very sick with this one..gained only about 40 pounds....when she was born she had collic...was up day and night with her..to tired to eat so went back down to 130...

Then at 22 I had a bout with a brain tumor, cancer...almost died...spent the next 16 years trying to keep my weight up ( what a crule joke) I weighed 106 and looked like walking death....

All of a sudden when I hit 38 I just spread out..got up to 185 before I really realized I was doing it...from there it has been quite a battle...settled at 160 for about 13 years...( my now deceased DH would get mad if I tried to get lower)...after he was gone went back down to 150 and held for 4 years...Found my wonderful new DH....and married in April 2006...July 9th fell and broke my back....put on 30 lbs

After got to where I could walk again lost 8 of those lbs...and am continueing the battle....so it goes....trying to eat healthy and do what exercise I can...But I will make it back to 140...failure is not an option!!!

JayEll
12-27-2008, 07:32 AM
tryingitagain, you are a hero! :hug: You've come through so much--what's a measly 20 pounds! Just hang in there, eat healthy, be healthy, it will happen!

Jay

figureskater546
12-27-2008, 07:51 AM
ive been almost 200 pounds three times in my life, once when I was about 12-15, when I was 17, and again just last year. I have never let myself reach 200 pounds though, everytime the scale gets close I freak out and it motivates me enough to get in shape and eat bettter. But my downfall is getting lax once I start to feel that I am at a comfortable weight, and slowly it will start to creep back up again.

I've dropped down to my lowest weight (145) twice, once starving myself, and the other time just trying to eat better and not stuff my face with anything in sight. Neither has worked as far as keeping the weight off, so this time I'm throwing exercise in the mix. Hope this works....

fatmad
12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
This thread is a real mix of hope and depression, from the point of view of one who has not dieted. I have rebelled against the idea of dieting, but to the point of never losing the weight, and slowly going up, up, up.
I hope to be able to maintain this way of eating, and not gain.
For those who ballooned up again, do you know why you weren't able to stop the massive gains? at least sooner than later?
How much of a yo-yo is important? more than 10 pounds, 20? I do expect some fluctuations after I reach goal. I just want to catch myself before I get out of hand, like maybe if I notice I've gained 5 pounds and need to exercise more or eat better.....

JayEll
12-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey Fatmad! :wave:

The thing is, if you are doing maintenance the right way, you have kept on exercising and eating properly. It's often been said here that maintenance is just like weight loss, only with a few more calories (and perhaps a little less frequent exercise, but that's really variable).

So if in the past an overweight or obese person has worked their way down to their goal weight, and then thrown in the towel and gone back to the old habits of poor eating and no exercise, then they will virtually always gain weight again.

It's not unusual to gain a little weight after reaching goal as the body adjusts. It shouldn't be a big problem, and there is such a thing as hypervigilance. But I'd say by the time one has gotten to 10 pounds over, it's gone too far. Better to stop it when one gets 5 pounds up, because getting that 5 pounds off again is going to require a month or more of being back on weight loss.

Jay

flatiron
12-27-2008, 10:13 AM
I was in pretty good shape , maybe a little stocky, all the way up until I hit around 40 and then slowly gained weight little by little until I am where I am.

I stayed in pretty good shape all through my early 20's and early 30's because my brother-in-law was a champion body builder and we worked out together all the time. He shot steroids for 10 years when he competed (as our friends did) and he eventually got a heart condition from the roids and died of a heart attack due to morbid obesity (he weighed almost 500lbs when he died) when he died. I thank GOD all the time I didn't shoot any of that stuff when I was younger I was afraid of needles! Everyone I know who shot that stuff (decca, equapoise and test) are all messed up now or dead!

Once about 15 years ago when I was about 240 and thought THAT was big, I went on a crash diet for 3 months and worked out super heavy on weights 7 days a week and lost 50lbs. I looked great and was strong as all get out!

I didn't change my diet and I gained it all back and then some.

So I have only lost and gained one time, the rest... just a gradual slow process of more and more food and less activity.

WormwoodDoll
12-27-2008, 10:25 AM
fatmad, it is a lot like JayEll said. Maintaining is just as hard as "dieting" and it's for life. You really have to be committed to changing your eating habits FOR GOOD. You cannot lose the weight then go back to eating the way you use to. I'd say if you see yourself slipping and your weight goes up at 5-10lbs, you know you're not staying true to your new healthy lifestyle and need to get back on board!

Star2Be
12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, this thread is a huge eye-opener for me... I'm 19, so I'm definitely on the younger side of the members on here, and I've been fat my whole life (gaining steadily all through my childhood, adolescence, etc). This is my first real attempt at losing weight--of course I've always wanted to lose weight, but never made any actual commitment to it before this past summer, when I officially decided to change my habits (yea, July 18th! haha). So far I've lost a pretty significant amount, and one of my biggest fears has been that I'm just setting myself up for a life of yo-yoing. I really don't want that to happen, and I hope that it doesn't, but I guess it's just an insecurity of mine. Like, because I've always been fat, I feel like that's what I'm "meant" to be, so somehow this just feels temporary. Especially since you hear all those stats about how the majority of people who lose weight gain it all back... But I don't want that to be me!! Bah! I really admire all of the maintainers on here. Hopefully I'll be joining them someday. ;)

cfmama
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
I was a very thin and athletic child. At about the age of 11,12 I started gaining. Nothing major but just a bit chubby. My parents showed love by way of food and often ate giant feasts after we went to bed. I learned to eat in secret. I was 155 lbs in grade 10 and 170 by graduation. Then the bomb dropped. My boyfriend mentally abused me and betrayed me often. We broke up and I lost my job. I fell into a DEEP depression and went from 170 to 300 in 1.5 years. I left my apartment only to get food. When I reached 300 I tried the "heart attack survivors" diet at 800 calories a day. I did that for a month... lost 30 lbs.

Then gained the 30 back ;) Putting me at 300 again.

I got up to 320 and then went on the carb addicts diet and lost 18 lbs for my wedding.

Then gained that back PLUS another 30 to put me at 348 when I got pregnant with babe #1. I lost down to 317 while I was pregnant and was 307 after her birth. Then it crept on and on... I didn't weigh for the next three years period. Another baby came and when she was two (she's five now) I weighed in at 340. Went on the Dr. Phil diet and lost down to 311.

Went off the diet (complacency... just didn't bother any more) and the next time I weighed myself was when I was about to give birth to babe #3 and was 365 lbs.

And then on September 27th I weighed 376. And now on December 27th I am 321.4 (holding a lb of water weight from holidays.)

This is the longest I've ever stuck to a plan (calorie counting) the most weight I've lost, the longest I've kept trying.

And I'll keep trying and getting to where I need to be for the rest of my life. Because being fat and unhealthy is no longer an option.

joyra
12-27-2008, 07:21 PM
How much of a yo-yo is important? more than 10 pounds, 20? I do expect some fluctuations after I reach goal. I just want to catch myself before I get out of hand, like maybe if I notice I've gained 5 pounds and need to exercise more or eat better.....

I think of a yo-yo being more than 10 lbs. Like I mentioned I had worked my way down to 148 and was kind of hovering around 150 generally... almost a year after I started dating my boyfriend, I went on a 5 day trip to Puerto Rico and put on 8 POUNDS! You'd think if you put on 8 lbs in 5 days and went back to your normal habits, it would come off... but it never did. And with happy hours and restaurant visits, I gained 15 lbs after that. If I had been able to reverse the 8, I wouldn't have really counted it as a gain (or yo-yo) but I wasn't able to, I just kept going up.

My goal is to reach 115 and stay below it. My mother has never weighed more than 115 since I've been alive. Before I was born, she told me she yo-yo'ed but discovered running and exercise (albeit got a little addicted IMO) and has never had weight problem since. My extended family are ALL overweight. My mother has been the only one to maintain a consistent healthy weight. A few of them have lost 50-100+ lbs but they always gain them back. It's a family where maintaining seems impossible, but one person is doing it, so I have no excuse to balloon up again.

Though, Tryingitagain, you have really weathered some difficult obstacles in life. That's really my hardest part. When life throws me lemons, I eat a whole pie. I'm afraid when the going gets really tough, I'm still not the best at dealing with it without food.

Star2Be, you are smart (maybe lucky) to be losing weight here. There's so many regular maintainers who can help you once you reach maintenance (which might be soon--you are rocking the WL!). I maintained between 124-132 for about 4 years, still wanted to lose about 20 lbs but was like, a size 10 and pretty fit. When my bf and I broke up, like I mentioned earlier I couldn't handle it and eating/binging was the only way I knew how to deal with it. Thankfully, we have this community to help us avoid whatever might trigger us to gain weight.

dancingirl81
12-27-2008, 07:36 PM
I was heavy all through my childhood. In HS I was in the 170's, and by the time I graduated I was flirting with the 180's. Stayed in the low 180's for the first two years of college, but once I transferred to University I graduated from, I put on 30lbs in a semester. Literally every weekend I would try to get dressed to go out and have yet another pair of pants that didn't fit (talk about a nightmare).

I lost between 6-10lbs on a combination of slimfast and weight-watchers, but that didn't last long, lol.

Over the year that followed, I put on another 20-30lbs... finally topping out near 230.

Lost about 15lbs after I got out of college... and stayed around that weight for about a year and a half, until I lost 6lbs in a weekend and decided I never wanted to find it again...

Dropped down to around 180, started working for curves, dropped another 8-10... went on depo provera and freaked out when they told I'd gain weight from it... dropped another 8-10 that month just to trying to avoid the 'unavoidable weight gain" - and I did, lol!

Maintained that until last Christmas, when I went from 164-174, went on weight watchers, lost that weight. Went on a 16 day cruise and found all of it again. Had my tonsils out two weeks after the cruise and lost the cruise weight. Work and other stressors have brought me back to the post-cruise weight.... plus another 5 lbs.

2008 will officially be known as the year of the yo-yo.

2ndChance09
12-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I have no idea honestly, way too many times to keep count.

candlmama
12-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I was a chubby kid, but really started gaining weight when I turned 13. I went on my first weight loss journey when I graduated from high school in 1996 - I went from 215lbs then to 134lbs in Sept 2001. I got up to 199 in early 2005 when I got pregnant with my first - I went up to 253 with him, and got down to 221 before I got pregnant with my 2nd. Gained 27lbs with him, and I'm just now starting with losing that weight.

Meenamom
12-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Age 14 weight 165
Age 15 115
age 17 135
age 19 119
age 20 127
age 23 110
age 24 143
age 25 180
age 26 212
age 29 180
age 33 140
age 38 165
age 39155
age 40 where I am at right now 175
Thanks for the subject writing it makes it clearer

JulieJ08
12-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Wow, I'm not sure exactly. I never had any weight problems until after college. I first started weight training in college. Picked it up again a couple times over the following years. At some point I did Weight Watchers with my mother, that went well, and I didn't have so much to lose anyway. I'm thinking it was maybe 10 pounds? Weird I don't quite remember when that was. I think I also lost weight the third time I picked up the weight training, but again not a lot of weight. I weighed about 120 at high school graduation, and about 130 at the end of all this, but due to maturity and weight training, that was a small and fit 130. I think I'd be scrawny and unhealthy at 120 these days.

The weight gain really started around 1997 and continued more or less until I reached 197 in April of this year. I plateau'ed at several weights along the way, sometimes for up to a year. I did some half-hearted attempts to get in shape. At one point about 5 years ago I got down to I think about 168 (from about 183) just because I was walking several miles a day and only eating a couple meals (although one of those was a big fast food meal). I wasn't trying to diet, it was just a weird schedule I had going on at the time.

So I didn't do that much yo-yoing. I think I had a real loss about 2 times, and a couple smaller losses that had more to do with getting in shape than with losing weight. It was more this long gain over a decade.

Since I'm terrible about throwing things away, someday I can probably find some WW and old workout records to help me date some of this stuff and remember my weights along the way. Not sure why I care, but I guess I do.

MrsWolf
12-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Hmm... let's see.

I never weighed myself until I got engaged. I was a scrawny teenager and young adult... which did not work in my favour later on. I never learned how to eat properly, and I subsisted on junk food for a long time. Kinda threw me for a loop when I did have to lose weight.

So, in 2000 I weighed 175 (and was horrified! LOL) and I did South Beach and got down to 159 for my wedding in Aug 2001. I still thought I was fat, but looking at the pictures, I looked cute.

In 2004 (?) I weighed in at 210 lbs and used SB again to get to 175. I felt pretty good there. Wearing a size 10. I maintained that for about 9 months and then started gaining again in 2005.

In 2006 I was 226 lbs and lost 36 lbs to 190... and swore I would never weigh over 200 lbs again...

Which brings us to this time! I started at 228 on July 22, and currently weigh 182.4... this time I am doing WW, and I like that much better. I think SB was too restrictive with the carbs. I love carbs... and I would always end up binging on them and spiralling out of control. This way is better.

I have no idea what I weighed before the first gain, so my goal weight is fuzzy at best. I will have to see when I get closer.

Peace,

Heather

TJFitnessDiva
12-28-2008, 12:06 PM
I have no idea how many times I'm been up and down in weight....I do know it started when I gained 80+ pounds with my first child and it's been up and down since. Before then I was about 150 pounds and fairly active.

My mom and her mom would emotionally batter me about being a "fatty", encourage my siblings to tease me and as I look back now in pics I was average sized. I did become overweight in high school but lost it in college.

Star2Be
12-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Star2Be, you are smart (maybe lucky) to be losing weight here. There's so many regular maintainers who can help you once you reach maintenance (which might be soon--you are rocking the WL!). I maintained between 124-132 for about 4 years, still wanted to lose about 20 lbs but was like, a size 10 and pretty fit. When my bf and I broke up, like I mentioned earlier I couldn't handle it and eating/binging was the only way I knew how to deal with it. Thankfully, we have this community to help us avoid whatever might trigger us to gain weight.
Thank you, joyra! :D I'm really hoping that what you said will ring true when I finally do reach maintenance. Since this website and all of you ladies have been so amazingly supportive, and have helped me sooo much to get through my WL so far, I think that staying around here during maintenance will be the best way to keep myself on track. And I also hope/think it will help that I've tried to have the right attitude about this--I don't see it as a temporary "diet," but a complete overhaul of my eating habits... Ideally, I want to continue to eat this way for the rest of my life, and since I haven't been following some insanely restrictive plan, I really think I can do it. Of course, life happens, and I know that I'll have my share of fluctuations over the years, but it feels so great to know that I will NEVER be 263 lbs again. Ya hear that, body? ;)

daniela
12-28-2008, 03:44 PM
This is my 3rd attempt to lose weight but the 1st time since gaining a LOT of weight.

I joined the Army in 97 (I was 20). The max weight for my height was 142 but I think I got down to 155 and I make it in because my body fat was below 30%.

I got out of the Army in 2001 and within the 1st year I got up to 180. I did WW and lost 14 lbs.

I gained it all back because I didn't workout. I vowed never to get over 200 but it happened, not sure when because I didn't weigh myself to much. I just ignored what was happening and continued to buy bigger pants.

So this September I decided to change my life and tackle this weight issue. So far so good :) Glad I found the site and I'm learning a lot from the maintainers. Hope to join them next year :)

Viatre
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I've yoyo-ed ever since 8th grade. I lost some back the summer before eighth grade, gained back, and then the next time I can remember having a really significant loss (all the time in between I was always going up and down, but I honestly can't remember much anymore) was this summer and early fall. I got down to 165 in September and am back to about 180 right now. Ugh!

RN BSN 2009
12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Only once, but NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock Chalk Chick
12-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure I qualify as a yo-yoer... I tend to alternate between gaining in spurts and holding steady throughout my adult life - up and up and up!

I was about 150 at age 14, 160 by the time I graduated high school in '99. I always thought I was fat and wanted to lose weight, but I was very athletic and active.

Off to college - gained 10 pounds in the first 6 months. Tried and failed to lose that, inched up to 180 by the time I graduated in 2003.

Off to grad school, lost 10 pounds or so for my brother's wedding in spring '04. Promptly put that 10 pounds back on with my first round of exams in '05, then another 10 with my second round of exams in '06. Finished my master's at 195 last July (07).

The big killer - at that point, I moved in with my fiance and his roommate and started working as a veterinary tech. Living with 2 guys still living like college slubs and wearing baggy scrubs every day - I gained almost 40 pounds in 6 months!!

I've been making very slow progress at losing this weight, but I don't want to slip and gain AGAIN! I'm done!

beledigirl
12-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I guess I haven't been much of a yo yo.

Was very thin and couldn't gain weight until my 1st pregnancy where I went from 103 to 170. I lost that easily and was down to 118 in a few months. I got back to 103 and then my 2nd pregnancy got up to 180. I lost most of that to maybe 121 until my mother started making snide remarks saying I was way too thin.

My marriage was just unbearable with the constant abuse. I went on anti depressants and ballooned up to 210 in just a couple of years. I went off the anti depressants and have struggled to lose the weight since.

My last year of marriage before the divorce I got down to 170 something and then after the divorce I got to my lowest weight for a long time of 151. Then I moved to Australia and lots of things happened and gained up to around 180 due to the stress.

I would really like to get all the weight off this time and keep it off for good!