LA Weight Loss - Feeling Tired IMMEDIATELY after eating

HadEnough
12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
What causes the tired feeling that I experience IMMEDIATELY after just taking a few bites. Today I was eating a Hot Pocket Sub (I know, bad) and experienced this. I get the feeling often and was wondering if it was maybe an intolerace to something. Anyone know? I don't like the feeling and want to avoid it if I can.

me4life
12-25-2008, 02:22 PM
i'm not sure but seems to me it takes longer than right after a few bites to affect you...is it possible that its been to long since you last ate something that is causing the tiredness

choirgirlhotel
12-25-2008, 02:25 PM
What causes the tired feeling that I experience IMMEDIATELY after just taking a few bites. Today I was eating a Hot Pocket Sub (I know, bad) and experienced this. I get the feeling often and was wondering if it was maybe an intolerace to something. Anyone know? I don't like the feeling and want to avoid it if I can.

Have you had your iron (ferritin) level checked recently? I am anemic and notice that when my iron is at a very low level, simply EVERYTHING I do (including eating) is exhausting and I am very breathless.

~CGH~

joyra
12-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Friends with wheat allergies say they can feel the effects of it very quickly and that includes fatigue and/or upset stomach (two different people, two different reactions).

JulieJ08
12-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't know about within a few bites, but I have a terrible time with often feeling very sleepy by the time I'm finishing lunch (but not other meals), and it continues for a couple hours. It happens no matter what I eat. It's tough sometimes!