Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #67

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #67

FrouFrou
12-24-2008, 02:10 AM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us! :coffee::cheers::cofdate::coffee2:

FrouFrou
12-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Okay, I am back...

JULES...glad you went to the doc and hope you feel better soon!

FRANCIE...hoping your BIL is able to get there on time...not sure of his flight and where his layovers will be but I saw on the news lots of angry people at the airports.

TAMMY...sorry you have to work on Christmas day, but as you said, someone has to and you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Glad the stepdaughter loved the tv and I am sure the others will also! Hope Santa brings you something nice too!

MINDEE...hope the kids feel better soon. That would suck being sick on Christmas day...I was last year, ugh! But it's different for kids.

HIYA SUE, SUSAN, KATY, KATHY, ASIA and, and...I know I am missing someone...oh, SASSY! :lol:

Not much going on with me...today was a pretty boring but long day. Got up early and here it is after midnight and I am still awake. Waited until the last minute to do things and started baking at 9'ish, lol. This is/won't be our traditional Christmas Eve dinner...not really worried about it so...just baked a cake and some cookies. Then tomorrow I am making a crockpot bread pudding and that's it for my cooking. We are having pizza and wings and dessert, lol. Hoping to have leftovers for Christmas day too. And I plan on spending the next two days in my pj's and sleeping late. Most likely won't be on the computer either so...wishing you ladies a very Merry Christmas!

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii158/rebekahbrown7/thchristmas1919.gif

FrouFrou
12-24-2008, 03:00 AM
Almost forgot...

KATHY...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

http://gi73.photobucket.com/groups/i225/88CA7745ND/2r4n1uw.gif

RosieKate
12-24-2008, 09:18 AM
You would think that with being snowed in and all that I would have more time to post...well, there's also major competition for the lone computer so I have to grab my moments here and there. Still snowed in...going on two weeks. Some kind of record for Portland. We might make it to church, but I'm not holding my breath. So I may not get back here for a few days...
Merry Christmas Everyone!

And Happy Birthday, Kathy :)

Shopaholic1204
12-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Cristina~I totally forgot about the bad weather..ugh. How can I find out if there are any layovers??

Kathy~Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Katy~Snowed in..yikes!!!! Send some of that snow my way!!!!

OKay..I gotta go. Gotta shower, and get ready to leave by 12!!!

jules1216
12-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Happy Merry Christmas Eve!!

Got a late start to work today (making up some time from my sick day and hubby had to work anyway. Did some last minute grocery shopping. I am with Cristina--nothing is traditional this year. Christmas Eve will be munchies (lots of veggies w/little dip for me), And I am skipping the turkey--going with a pasta and cheese theme--DD wanted macaroni & cheese and DS wanted spinach stuffed shells--both wanted green bean casserole....go figure--It will be a pancake breakfast by request....

Francie--Coming from AZ--I think he will be ok--though there is the icy mess this morning but that is suppossed to be clearing off as the temps rise--when does he finally come?

Katy--I have been watching the snowfall in the PNW--unbelievable--as Francie says the rest of you getting snow need to share with us!! All we are getting is sleet and freezing rain...yuck!!

Kathy--Happy BDAY to you!! Another December bday!! I really have to write all this stuff down somewhere--I think that will be my New Years resolution--mark up a calender and send bday cards-before the day!! I never did get Christmas cards done and sent...

Cristina--what are the family plans for Christmas--it's tough having to share...will you get to see Cambrie?? Dave finally called Teri--he wants to see Dominic for Christmas and he wants her to come too. Still doesn't want to pay child support. He's using his daughter to guilt her again--"Lily" really wants to see her and Dominic. He is working but has so many fines to pay from losing his drivers license and getting caught up on his child support for Lily so he doesn't go back to jail for non-payment--there is nothing left to give to Dominic he says.

well--I really do have to get a few things done!!

suetalks
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Merry Christmas to all my favorite BIK ladies...And that means ALL of you!!

Busy morning here getting ready for the family. We do an afternoon meal and get together with DD and her family. They go to church at 6:30 and the two grown grands go to their Dad's. It is hard trying to share. But we have worked it out for years.
I have made way too much food for our small group, so we will take some to SIL's tomorrow and eat the rest all the next week. I made pork bbq and ham for sandwiches, jello and potato salad, 2 cheese logs, nacho dip, cookies and fudge. DD is bringing mac and cheese, oreo dessert and deviled eggs. We just fix what are someone's favorites...nothing really traditional. But we end up with too much food. Not good when you are trying to BE good.
Then tomorrow SIL is fixing the traditional dinner and I am taking ham.
After all this I will be on an exercise regime for sure. I weighed at 165 and hope to stay around there.

I am not going to get to do indies...and I have been saying I would for a week. But I hope all of you know how much I value you and your friendship here.

tommysgirl18
12-24-2008, 02:16 PM
just thought I would pop in here while I have a minute to do so......the kids just got a bath, and will be going to take a nap sometime soon.....I hope!

we were supposed to go out last night just me and Tommy, but our neighbor called and said that she was sick. so, now we are just playing it by ear and seeing what other ideas we can come up with.....other wise we will just wait until she feels better. I told Tommy that we could all just go as a family but he says that he wanted a trip for just me and him. so who knows what we are going to do now...plus the kids got gift cards to Cold Stone Creamery.

ETA: Tommy is doing okay.....he has some moments of pain but they are no where near what they were before.

Mom2Gaby
12-24-2008, 03:37 PM
http://gi254.photobucket.com/groups/hh114/5BBJ5FIKJ7/merry-christmas-myspace-glitter-gra.gif

Mom2Gaby
12-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Hope you had a good birthday Kathy!

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp213/manickathy_photos/christmas/kathy.gif

Mom2Gaby
12-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Whew, I made it back on line!

Busy at work and homebound w/ this crazy icy weather. I put a turkey in the oven this morning , going to have Christmas this evening since I will work tomorrow.
Planning on a lot of turkey salads over this next few days since it is a 17 lb turkey. lol - the landlord gave it to us as a gift.
Made 141.8 this morning, yay. I hope to maintain that this week, hard w/ all the goodies laying around.
Was given a simple pedometer , I know they aren't rocket science but I was having a hard time w/ mine. So, I used it yesterday and recored 3 miles walked at work. I will do area 3 though the next 4 days and that should be more walking, eager to see what it is.

Anyway, out of the loop and have to catch up all over again!

I wish you all a wonderful, safe Christmas!

tommysgirl18
12-24-2008, 04:17 PM
just thought I would pop back in for a little bit.....wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas!

we are tracking Santa through Norad, and the kids are enjoying it! although Logan is supposed to be napping, and like usual he isn't!

luckycharm
12-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Merry Christmas everyone

Popping in really quickly. Thank you for the cards Cristina, Sassy and SuzyQ. Nice you three really make the sheep look good.

By the way SuzyQ, DD asked me where I met you, and I told her, and her mouth dropped and she asked me why you would be on a website called 3fatchicks when you obviously don't have a weight problem! The girls are as beautiful as you are.

Sassy, did you make the card? It is beautiful. Cole took the card and he took it out to the shop and told DH to take down his wrestling chick calendar and put up his card, as it is more important, and he would like to look at it everyday. I asked him what about me looking at it, and he said it has his name in it, so it really is his anyways.

Cristina, the snowmen fit right in with our decorations. DGD took over my kitty card, although she thinks its a puppy. Can't get it back from her either. Oh well, it is the big 40 tomorrow, and I am a little depressed about that. Makes me forget about that watching her pet the puppy and of course give it sloppy kisses.

Katy- hope the snow stops soon for you. I really did a reverse snow dance, guess it didn't help. Have fun with the family tomorrow.

Jules - is Teri going to take Dominic to visit tomorrow? Hope you guys have a nice day tomorrow also. Just giving DGD empty boxes for Christmas, I am sure that will be what she wants to play with anyway.

Sue - Yum, there is still time to jump on a plane and come my way. We will sure help you eat all you have made. Hope you have a happy day tomorrow.

Mindee - I am going to log onto that tracker in a few minutes and see if we can track Santa also. The kids are all excited.

Francie - Merry Christmas to you and Fonzo. Did you two go out and get each other more presents? Good luck with the BIL coming.

Tammy - Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Have a great day.

I do feel like I am missing someone, but I sure hope not.

Big hugs to you all, I am so grateful to know you all.

Oh and Cristina, I am trying to think of a good challenge for us, although it will not include exercise, because you would kick some butt - I will let you know what I come up with.

Sassy_Chick
12-24-2008, 09:37 PM
:hohoho::present:Merry Christmas All! :coolsnow::santa::hohoho:

Well here I am at work, at least its my last night and since I was sick I've only had to work just 2 nights this week. lol. Plus our boss said we can leave at 7 am when the dayshift girl gets here as long as its not busy, and it shouldn't be.

I'm feeling better. I think today I feel the best I have felt. *knock on wood!!!* I am really sleepy though but that is ok. lol.

Kathy --- That is soooo sweet what Cole said. Awww. I'm glad you all liked the card, but no, it wasn't me who made it. But someone did they are hand made, I just can't take credit for them. lol. Please tell Cole I wish him a Very Merry Christmas and I hope that Santa brings everything he is wishing for. :hohoho:

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!! :xcheer:You all are very special people and I am glad to have found you. Thank You for being a part of my life. :)

:hug:

tommysgirl18
12-25-2008, 01:22 AM
just thought I would pop back in before heading to bed........

they are all asleep, thank goodness! it took until about 10:30 pm, but they beat Santa here!

Now, I am ready for bed but I think we are going to watch, or at least attempt to watch a movie.

Shopaholic1204
12-25-2008, 09:24 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/Christmas/9ea94862b4664556e9249a161a55b5.gif

jules1216
12-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Merry Christmas all!! I have to get to cooking--Ry and my Mom will be here in like two hours....Teri and Dominic spent the night...

BBL for indys--SuzyQ--glad to see you posting!!

jules1216
12-25-2008, 09:14 PM
where is everyone......

FrouFrou
12-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Just dropping by to say HI :wave:

Nothing going on...doing some laundry right now and getting ready to do some exercise...I have been lazy today and slept most of the day, lol...terrible! Of course now I am wide a wake and my body is aching from laying around so much.

Today was just eating some leftovers, ick! Now I know why I have nver liked them.

SUSAN...that was sweet of your landlord, I want a landlord like that, lol. Be careful in the icky weather.

KATY...hope the icky stuff melts soon so you guys can get out.

JULES...nothing special with the fam. We did nothing yesterday and nothing today, lol. Hope you guys had a great day.

KATHY...hope your day was a special one! Happy Birthday again!

SUE...the food sounds good!

MINDEE...hope Marissa and Tommy feel better.

HI SASSY & TAMMY & ASIA :wave:

Guess I am going to go do a dvd and watch a movie while I walk on the treadmill too...gotta do something, feeling lazy.

Have a good evening :hug:

FrouFrou
12-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Just checking back to see if anyone checked in.

FRANCIE...any word on your BIL's arrival?

KATHY...can't wait to hear what you've come up with! I need some sort of challenge for sure.

JULES...I think I will join you in your Valentine Goal but I will wait until WI on Monday to see what I am at.

HIYA everyone else :wave:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas Day!

I did get in a hour of exercise...30 minutes on the treadmill and the LS Slim & Thin dvd. I ate too many cookies over the last two days and need to get back on track! Today is a new day so...it is supposed to be warm and I plan on getting out and going for a walk outside, yay! Went out for a few minutes today but just o pick up dog poo and I was in my jammies or I would have gone for a walk today. It was nice today for sure, a little windy but kinda warm. Anyway...getting chatty.

Have a wonderful day!

Shopaholic1204
12-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Cristina~He's coming tonight!!!

jules1216
12-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Cristina---I should have been at WW already--it was a rough night--Teri took Ry back to the apt and stayed since they both work this morning--Dominic was up a lot last night---he's starting with the cough and runny nose. I will assess the damage at work on Monday but do the Valentine's Day weight with next fridays....

Francie--Santa came Wednesday night....oohh you mean the bil....

FrouFrou
12-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Hello ladies...

I ventured out a few minutes ago, lol. Didn't get a calendar for 2009 and we need one so I went to Hallmark. Of course I had to get a couple other things, lol. Can't go to Hallmark and not get some cards and/or candles.

Was going to go for a walk outdoors...that was the plan. The wind is blowing too hard...geez...you'd think we were in Wyoming! But it's so warm out and I hate missing out on a walk when it's nice. Oh well...don't think I can handle the wind so hitting the dreaded treadmill...the treadmill is my friend...I need to keep telling myself that, over and over and over. Just like I need to tell myself I LOVE water...maybe it will work.

JULES...aaawww, poor little guy. Hope he gets to feeling better, hate to see the little ones get sick. :hug: Sorry you had a rough night, hope you are able to get some rest today. :hug:

FRANCIE...do you guys have anything special planned for the arrival? Enjoy your time with the BIL, hope he likes it in MD.

HIYA to everyone else :wave:

Well, I was up until 5 a.m. this morning...gotta stop doing that. Slept most of the day yesterday so of course I would be up all night. Funny, I woke up at 8...didn't get up then though. Didn't actually get up until 11. Hoping to stay awake all day and go to bed at my regular time, at least by midnight...can't be getting on a weird schedule and stay up all night, those days have long been over! Anyway...nothing planned for the day...going to get some laundry done and then exercise and hope to get some reading done. Finally getting back in tha habit.

Have a wonderful day!

jules1216
12-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Cristina--we had to run out and get a few things...can't believe I forgot trashbags AGAIN...D took a nap in the car--I am hoping he takes another so I can join him...I am soooo tired...I am doing laundry too...I wanted to go out and check out some sales but hubby and D were definitely not into it and I could use a nap...

sz2atheart
12-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Whew...finally got a break from company today. Son and Daughter with their significant others were here for brunch. We exchanged gifts and goodies. I was just glad to be finally home from working two 12 hr shifts that were incredibly busy. We usually only have one or two kids admitted over the holidays but had 12-14. Most had asthma, RSV or stomach virus'. It's tough to see little ones sick over Christmas. We usually get tons of toys donated and we play Santa and load each kid us with several gifts. I've been content to stay home today and veg and dh is going stir crazy being stuck in the house for the 3rd day in a row with his mother. Tomorrow we will visit my mom and maybe go to the mall. He just needs to get out of the house. MIL will go home on Mon and then dh and I will have a quiet NY home alone ;)

I got a new cell phone!!!:carrot: for Christmas and a dress watch. DD gave us new sheets (what I asked for) and a subscription to a golf magazine to dh. DS brought us a light up ornament from Disney, where he honeymooned, and a basket full of goodies as well as a framed pic of he and I at his rehearsal dinner. MIL gave us money :D All in all, Christmas was nice with the exception of working.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. I did stop in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas but was the last reply on the last thread :( Not sure anyone noticed :?: Trying to pile up everyone that visits and leaves the house with leftover candy and treats. Gotta get this stuff out of the house before the new year. Heading back to WW :carrot:

Hugs to all :hug:

luckycharm
12-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quick to say hello. We are just getting ready to go into town, and go for dinner and a movie. I think that we will probably be going to see Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler. (I am not a fan of his.)

I am still thinking about the challenge, but have a quick question for everyone.

Would it be more helpful to make a challenge On track food related? Or Exercise related? Suzy and Katy what has been the most helpful to you two in your sucess so far? Cristina what has helped you the most?

Jules if you don't mind, can we make it a Valentine Goal challenge and join in with you?

So far what I have been trying to do is challenge myself on my treadmill - And that is try to do 2 miles and beat my time each time. I actually hope to increase it to 3 or 4 miles. But I have noticed that even being on the treadmill hasn't done alot when I don't have my eating under control. I don't want to just say lets see who can lose the most by Valentine's Day, as that doesn't work for me its just too general.

Well, I must run and get ready to go. Tomorrow we are taking my MIL back to my BIL's place, and then she goes home on Sunday. So if I don't pop in you will all know why. Little punkin is learning to walk, maybe just chasing her around will be all the exercise I need. :lol:

Anyway, I will chat with you all soon

Mom2Gaby
12-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I was going to go straight home after work but thought I would make an effort to say hi :wave:

Kathy - I guess the most helpful for me is just to be motivated-lol. Calorie counting has helped a lot and during one weight loss journey (because there has been several) is brushing my teeth after my last meal. Kind of gave me the signal the day was done, if that makes sense?? :dizzy:

Cristina - ewww, I picked up a Patterson book the other day........Sail, hope it is good. I am totally lousy at exercise, how do you stay motivated?? Oh, you asked a while back about New Year Resolutions........I think mine will be to only weigh once a week. I think doing that scares me the most -haha. Ya, the landlord was nice to give the turkey, I think I will have to freeze some of the meat because Gabster just won't eat it.

Jules - :hug: hope Dominic is ok. In OB today there was 2 newborns, so sweet to look at.....kind of want my own at times. How is WW going?

Sassy - Glad you are feeling better!

Mindee - Hope the kids feel better!

Tammy - Hey, I want a cell phone! Lucky you :D.........I so would be going stir crazy too after 3 days in the house.

Francie - Hope you are having a good visit w/ the BIL!

:wave: hi to Katy, Sue, and Asia.

Did I leave someone out??? Hope not.

I better get home. I work til Monday and when I go back Tuesday I will be on the 11 to 7:30 shift so I should have some time in the mornings to post.
Hope to go see the R's soon (thanks Kathy, I think they are pretty too :) ) Becky will be 16 on the 8th so I guess I should be thinking of what to do for her sweet 16. Oh, my grandmother passed away on Tuesday, she was 96. When my mom called to tell my brother she found out he has been in Iraq for the past year. Tell's you how close we all are........lol anyway, he is going back soon.

anyway-, I am tired. Chat more later.

tommysgirl18
12-26-2008, 07:58 PM
just thought I would pop in and say hi!

we have been so busy but I am hoping that it calms down here soon! the kids are going to bed after dinner since they didn't nap. we ventured out today and used some of the gift cards.....the kids got some stuff, me and Tommy got some stuff, and we picked up a couple of other things. we only used two of them so we are keeping the other one for emergency uses.

they got plenty of toys, some noisy, and some not....they got some pajamas......which they needed! in fact Brandon was so excited that his and Logan's pajamas matched!

oops! gotta run....Marissa has a stinky butt!

oh yeah, I will try and get the pictures uploaded onto the computer and then onto myspace and facebook here soon!

jules1216
12-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Mindee--Teri was most excited about the huge box of 176 diapers my mom gave her from Sam's Club. Dominic didn't want to rip the wrapping paper--he's so funny. That's cute that the boys are excited their pj's match...

SuzyQ--the girls are all very pretty like their mom!! D is a little warmish--mostly a really runny nose. He just wants to be held by everyone--we don't mind at all. Yuck on having to work graveyard---for both you and Sassy... Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Sassy--speaking of you...how are you and where are you...are you feeling any better?

Kathy--I lost 7 1/2 of my 10 lb Christmas challenge, so I thought I would try for 5 for Valentine's Day--that's a little less than 1 pound a week. I don't mond if anyone joins me for a Valentine's Challenge and I think it should be what works for each one of us...I am doing pounds, but it could as easily be walking a certain amount of miles or exercising a certain amount of time each day or Sue could something related to her bike. Adam Sandler's movies are hit and miss with me. Loved him on SNL though especially his mancrush on Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.

Tammy--sounds like you had a really great Christmas even with havibng to work. Enjoy the alone time with hubby!!!

Hi to everyone else!! I am going to go fold some clothes....

Shopaholic1204
12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Just stopping by to say Hi. We're going to be leaving in a few mins to go to the airport to pick up Angel. It's gonna be weird having him here, lol. He's like sooooooooo much taller than Fonzo is, lol. Both of his brothers are actually, lol. Dunno why he's so short, lol.

Anyways..hope everyone is doing good!!!

RosieKate
12-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Hiya chickies! Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas...ours was nice,too. My MIL and brother made it over and i broiled some steaks..yum! The scale did not love me today, that's for sure.

As far as a challenge goes, I'll do it. I'm not so great at pound challenge, because I lose so slowly it doesn't keep me motivated. I would have to say a food challenge would be best for me at this point, as I can out-eat any exercise. I'll probably take whatever time frame and resolve to stay OP...I need to get my carbs back to where the NP recommended. Now that I've had my holiday fun, it' s time to get back to business :)

We still have tons of snow on the ground. The main roads are ok to drive, but side streets are a mess. No plows here...why would Oregon need plows?!

OH - ILs gave us Wii fit for Christmas - yippeee! Actually it's kind of an IOU..they couldn't find it anywhere, so they gave us a picture of a wii Fit and said they'll get it when they can find one...it was pretty cute. I'm psyched about it that's for sure!

Nighty-night...see you all tomorrow!

Shopaholic1204
12-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Well..my BIL is here. Him & Fonzo are..what else..playing video games, lol. Anyhoo..I'm hoping we watch Jarhead soon, cuz I wanna see my hot Jakey, lol.

suetalks
12-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Hi ladies- We survived Christmas 2008. No snow or bad roads, so we got to have our dinner Christmas Eve and go to SIL's Christmas day. Of course, I ate too much, but someone had to get rid of all that food. (just kidding...we ALL ate too much) Today I slept in and, other than doing laundry and putting away some of the Holiday things, did relax. I plan to get back on track ASAP, with another tiny detour New Year's Day when we are having family in.

We didn't do lots of gifts this year but I got some nice gift cards, cash and a new WATP video...the one with the walk belt. I am really looking forward to starting that. Luckily the video is on cable right now and I can use my belt. Have to get my dvd hooked up in the bedroom so I can do the video there. I have a vcr hooked up and need to upgrade. LOL... I also got a beautiful music box angel, snowmen candle holder, silicone kitchen set, and Wiltonwear serving tray.

I plan to go shopping tomorrow to see if anyone has trees left as I need a new pre-lit one. Also want to (still) buy a new coat. Haven't found one I liked yet. :) Maybe I am picky??

Katy- Wow, bet you will love the Wii. DD and her DH got one (for each other..lol) and played it for two days. She said she is very sore. Loves the bowling. They didn't get the FIT, but plan to add that later. They are empty- nesters and getting a kick out of the fact that they play video games now that the kids are gone. haha Sounds like a great Christmas, even though you were snowed in for awhile. We didn't have a white Christmas, and I missed that, but I am over it now and hope to NOT get any.

Francie- Have a good visit with your BIL. Hope you find lots to show him in the area. Did you have a nice Christmas?

Cristina- Your holiday sounded nice and relaxing like ours. I had DD and family here from noon till about 6 on Christmas Eve and then went to SIL's yesterday. But I had cooked Tues. and didn't get rushed or frazzled. Was pretty cool. How is your house hunt going by the way?

Jules- Hope you continue to get better and hope baby-boy does too. Poor little guy. Next year he will rip into those packages, I bet. I am up for a challenge, but not for the bike. Too darn cold to get outdoors. I will probably do an exercise one though...my eating has been pretty good. (until yesterday that is) I always need a boost to exercise.

Mindee- I should have gone to shop today but I was afraid it would be a zoo out there. Then I heard it was pretty calm. Of course, we had a downpour all day, so people might have stayed home. I bet your little ones were fun Christmas morning. :)

Kathy- Did you see Bedtime Story? Hope dinner was nice. We ate leftovers today...and I froze lots of the cookies and desserts. We can get them out little by little. Sure don't need them all on the counter at once. I am up for a Valentine Day challenge. Whatever everyone wants to do.

Tammy- Ohhh..sorry you had to work such long hours. But I am glad there are more people out there like you who will care for our patients any and every day of the year. You and they are a true Blessing. I commend you. Like you I tried to get others to take the goodies home with them. Several of our neighbors brought us cookies and fudge. Even chex mix. Plus I made fudge, cookies and 2 pies. I put lots in the freezer. At least DH did not buy me candy like usual. He got dry roasted almonds and a small can of Pringles cause he knows they are my guilty pleasure. I have not even opened those...and will ration them out when I feel the need. :)

Susan- Hi lady! Glad to see you.... Hope you get to see the R's soon. What will you do for sweet 16? Don't work too hard lady, we need to see you here. :) Yeah, you can only eat sooooo much turkey by yourself. I would freeze some for later. Nice of the landlord. I take it you haven't found a place to move?

Sassy- Where are you? Hope you and DH had a nice Christmas. Speaking of moving, are you still looking for a place closer to your friend? Would be nice to have someone to walk with. I miss my old neighborhood where I had a walking buddy. Here the gals are younger with little ones, some even jog...yikes. My dream is to jog, even a little. (this from a 60 year old) hahaha

Okay, you can tell I haven't had anyone but DH to talk to today. I get on here and won't shut-up. Have a good week-end chickies. If you are like me, take the time to slowly ease back to your programs...I plan to be OP by Monday.

luckycharm
12-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Happy Friday Ladies!

Just popping in to let everyone know - Save your money and do not bother going to see Bedtime Stories. I knew that we should have gone to see the Tales of Desparaeux (sp)

The only good thing is that all 8 of us got into the movie for the family price of $33.00

Ok. Maybe we should all post what our own personal Valentine's Day challenge will be, and we can kick each others butt and give some good support to each other.

Gotta run

Sassy_Chick
12-27-2008, 02:52 AM
Hola Chickareenos! :wave:

I hope you all had a great xmas! I did except I felt AWFUL! I dunno why because the night before at work I felt just fine. I guess it was from working.....So my mil gave me some GOOD cold medicine and basically I slept and slept and slept..........:p But I do feel better, just not quite 100% yet, ya know? But better. ;) I dunno what this virus is but man it kicked my butt! lol.

It is unusually warm here. It is 57 degrees!!! And supposed to be up to 71 today! :yikes:

I hope I feel well enough to go out and enjoy it a little today!!!

I'll tty more later!!!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby
12-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Good Morning-

I had cheerios and some orange juice for breakfast, I miss my banana and yogurt!
Went to starbucks for coffee and wondered why I bothered, so watered down. Wah,wah.

Jules - I was going to take Beck and Olivia (her best friend) and her new boyfriend out to dinner, along w/ the other girls and my mom and step dad want to come. I also was wanting to get her a heart shaped locket,she asked for that, we were planning on the 17th to celebrate since that is a weekend off for me.

Sue- No, haven't found a place............actually haven't had a chance to even look. I saw a place ((*cottage*, it said in the paper)) for only $400 including utilites,,,,sounds great, I wonder if it has a roof or indoor plumbing. hahahahaha......anyway, a simple answer is no. Also Gabster's father volunteered to up his CS to $400 from $145, so that will help in paying my rent for now. I still need to move.

Yikes, better get clocked in!!!

:wave: hello to everyone!!!

jules1216
12-27-2008, 12:26 PM
SuzyQ--Teri is terrible with jewelry--she either loses it or it breaks..A locket sounds nice--I have one--who's pic will she put in it???? Is she still with the same boyfriend?? Scary that Gabsters Dad is being so cooperative....Cottage /Bunglaow--to me usually needs small but cute...hopefully with working indoor plumbing and a roof...

sassy--Sorry you are still feeling bad. I am finally starting to feel better. I am glad I went to the doctors--now Hubby and baby are sick.

Kathy--Teri and a friend wanted to see The Spirit but got there too late--the only thing that was palying was Tom Cruise's new movie--she says it was so boring they and others not with them walked out.

Sue--he's a really funny little guy--he's very gentle with things even though he touches everything. He is playing mostly with his books and a LeapFrof Fridge barn thing and a steering wheel toy that makes all kinds of noises.

Francie--hope you have fun with the bil--how long are you expecting him to stay?

Katy--our friends have Wii fit and love it--temps are suppossed to get in the 60's today--still no snow for us...

Well, gotta get moving...

Mom2Gaby
12-27-2008, 02:33 PM
aww, Dominic is so cute Jules, is that a new avatar??

Gabsters dad is just scary, period. haha. Becky broke up w/ her old boyfriend a year ago, just after Christmas. The one she has now is new (in the last 2 months) , his name is Jordan. I suppose she will put his pic in the locket.

Gabster would be bad at jewlery. She lost my pedometer already. The morning I wanted she was running around w/ it hooked to her leggings that she wears. Now she says it fell in the toilet when she went potty. *sigh...don't know if I believe that..............wouldn't the toilet clog?? sheesh.

I want to see the Brad Pitt movie where he ages in reverse. Gab wants to see the Marley movie so we will probably do that this monday.

k- break is over!

FrouFrou
12-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Hiya ladies...

Busy little posters while I was gone! Always good to see :D

SUSAN...funny you mention locket. Cambris is always playing with mine, looking at it and such, not really playing with it. I told her I would buy her one and put Nana's picture in it, lol. She said okay, and Carrie's too, lmao! She loves her Auntie Carrie and no matter who is in the room or what she is doing Nana is first but if DD walks in...forget it! She wants her Carrie, lol. So where are you ladies going for dinner? Have a good dinner! Glad the ex finally decided to up the support!

JULES...thank you for the card...made my day! And you got that right, lol. They are brats for sure! Sorry the baby boy and hubby are sick! But glad you are feeling better now...of course you had to get well to take care of the others right? I'm with Teri...of course I wouldn't have even paid to see anything Tom Cruise did/does, just not a fan of his.

SUE...glad you guys had a nice Christmas. Hmmm, thought I mentioned we put an offer on the wallpaper house and she accepted. I probably got tired of talking about it all and forgot, lol. Losing my mind here lately! Now just gotta sell this one...no activity at all but then we didn't expect any during the holidays. The plan is to have an open house after New years sometime, not sure when yet.

TAMMY...I noticed your last post, thought I said something to ya. Glad you guys had a nice Christmas and you were able to see the kids.

MINDEE...I'll have to check out the pics!

KATHY...I love Adam Sandler but here lately haven't liked much of his work. I'm thinking because he has kids now he is going to venture into the kids side of movies :dunno: I like the old Adam Sandler before marriage and kids, lol. I've been wanting to go the movies but haven't really seen anything I really want to see. Aww, bet the little punkin is a cutie pie...already walking! They grow too fast!

KATY...broiled steaks sound really good right now! Thinking I need to go get me some lunch, lol. Glad you and your family had a nice Christmas...have fun with the Wii when you get it! You can let us know how fun it is!

FRANCIE...hoping you are enjoying your company, bet Fonzo is for sure! I loved Jarhead...we saw it for the first time when we went to Georgia for a parent weekend thing when Josh was in bootcamp...had to buy the movie I liked it so much.

SASSY...hope you are feeling well today.

Okay, so this is the weirdest freaking weather ever! Yesterday it was almost 70...the temps dropped last night down in the 60's and we had thunderstorms and tornado warnings :yikes: Today, it is in the 30's and snowing right now...so weird.

And nothing going on with me today. Getting ready to exercise and stay out of DD's way while she cleans my house. DS & DH is working. Going to do the laundry I didn't do yesterday, lol. I did get my hair colored, actually did it myself...turned out a little dark but as I wash it is will get lighter so...had the color sitting around so what the heck. I guess when I bought it I was in a mood to go a little darker. Anyway...better get to exercising. I did weight this morning and am back down to 181 so hoping to be at least back down to 180 by Monday's WI. I ate too much junk Christmas Eve & Christmas day...going to cut up some carrots to snack on when I go up to fix me some soup.

Have a wonderful Saturday all!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk304/Tipperlou_2008/Images%202/happysaturdaypink.gif

Mom2Gaby
12-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Cristina - I will make Monday my weigh in days too, just because I like to copy. lol

I have been iffy over the holidays but I am not going to beat myself up over eating stuffing.

I love stuffing.

I mentioned Old Spaghetti Factory to Beck and she was ok with that. I want to get her a nice locket, think I will go to a jewlery store for that.

I bet you look nice w/ the hair color! I do a little load of laundry every night, what a pain. I have 3 uniforms but I still hate for them to be dirty. Anal is my middle name.

Think I will go get some salad fixins at the store tonight. I have been hungry for that.....the hospital has a salad bar but they put cheese in the lettuce, wth - ?? - ruins it for is crazed weight loss chicks. :D

k- back to the grind.

:wave:

luckycharm
12-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Happy Saturday everyone

Well, after today things should get back to normal around here. We will be leaving in about 30 minutes to visit my BIL. He lives almost 2 hours away, so it will be a fair little drive. He is making cabbage rolls for supper, something our family really likes, but I haven't master the art of making them yet. I just buy the frozen ones. So much easier. Did anyone catch the news story that shows the survelliance camera that caught the angel at the hospital outside a girls room? So cool.

SuzyQ-:hug: I am so sorry about your Grandma. Actually, I didn't know that your brother has been in Iraq. Is he younger than you? And :cool: that Gaby's dad is going to up his child support. Could he possibly finally be growing up? That will be very helpful for you. :goodluck: that he comes through for you. A locket sounds like a beautiful gift for a sweet 16 present. Is she thinking she should get a car for her birthday? Everyone who came out of the Marley movie was crying. Must have been a good one.

Sassy-:hug: I hope that you are feeling better soon. I think that you have the same thing that has been circulating around here. My DH has had it, got over it and then had it again from the people at work. I am glad that you have been able to sleep. :getwell::broc::balloons: Cole says drink lots of orange juice and gatorade to get better. He also sends you some healthy broccoli and some balloons. You sure have made a friend! I am under strict orders to learn to cut and paste!

Katy - Mmm, steak sounds so good. You know, I really hate turkey, and I have been trying to tell everyone that we can eat something different just once. I was excited to see that you got a wii fit for Christmas. You guys will love it. We have it and we all fight to use it. My mom got one also, and she uses hers everyday. She has lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks by using the yoga and a few different games on it.

Jules - what a great present for Teri and little D. Now she gets a little break at buying diapers, and he gets an empty box to play with. They do love empty boxes. Glad to hear that you are feeling much better, but sorry about DH and little man. Thanks for passing the information about the Tom Cruise movie, as my family wants to go and see that one also. Tom Cruise is one that is hit and miss with me also.

Sue - did you go out and find a Christmas Tree and a coat today? What is the shopping like there after Christmas? We stay away from all shopping for a week after, as it is way to busy and I hate fighting the crowds. That is great that you got a WATP for Christmas. I have been looking for them here. Cristina sent me the website so that I could order them. I was trying to talk my DH into ordering me that for Christmas. Didn't work.

Cristina - Did the family come over to your house for Christmas? All the family was over here for the day and it actually went not to badly. I wasn't as stressed as I usually get. How does DD feel about being Cambrie's favoritie person next to Nana? They are so cute at that age. Glad that you had a little break from the open houses. Now that Christmas is over, people will get back into the looking at houses feeling and you will sell yours quickly.

Francie - are the brothers fighting yet? Or still playing video games. Now you will be busy looking after 2 of them. Will BIL be out looking for a job soon? What game did Fonzo get you for your DS? Cole has a Nintendo DS, and they have a personal weight loss coach for it. I was thinking maybe that would be ok for me to get - for me not him.

Mindee - how are you all doing? I haven't been on facebook for weeks, but I will have to get on there and check out your pictures. I will have to get my DD to put some pictures on there for me also.

My 30 minutes is up, so I have to run. Sorry Tammy, I will have to give you personal attention first on my next post. But hello to you and I hope that you are going to have some very nice alone time with you DH now.

Any big plans for New Years for anyone? I am trying to get DH to take me out somewhere, but so far I have not accomplished this.

Must run

:grouphug:

jules1216
12-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Kathy--Teri is going out for New Years Eve so we will be babysitting--we don;t usually do anything anyway. I am not a big Tom Cruise fan either, teri hates history so I am suprised they didn't turn around and leave. Her friend Nikki wants to see Marley & Me.

SuzyQ--I thought Q was your middle name;) You can never go wrong with spaghetti. Teri loses everything or forgets it--she is truly an airhead. It's an odd combo--the losing everything with the OCD and having to have things in a certain place--she's says she's certifiably nutso...she has the perscription to prove it. yes that's a recent pic of my baby boy.

Cristina--did you go a darker blonde color?? post pics...let us see. YW for the card--seemed like things were getting you down--I had to wait for my antibiotics so I browsed the card aisles.

Well hubby calls--he's hungry....

FrouFrou
12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Brainfart...

SUSAN...I forgot to say I am sorry to hear about your grandma :hug: I read that earlier, jeez, not sure where my head is. You can copy me anytime, lol. Old spaghetti factory sounds good...soup did nothing for me or I was just starving and wanting something bad, lol. Munching on carrot sticks now.

JULES...yeah I was but moving on...not going to let those kids drain me or make me feel bad anymore. I am definitely not going to bend over backwards for the spoiled brat who is not even mine! The haircolor was supposed to be a darker blonde, lol...maybe I left on too long. I'll post a pic on a day when I am made up somewhat, lol...don't want this mug posted looking like I do.

KATHY...no, no Christmas with the family, well other than the DS & DD that live under this roof. Have a nice visit with the BIL and enjoy the cabbage rolls! I made them before but no one likes them so it's been years...thinking I need to make some just for me! Hubby doesn't like cabbage, neither does the kids. No one ever likes what I like...of course it is usually food that is good for you and healthy so...they want the junk, lol. Almost forgot...no New Year plans here...I always say I want to go out but when it comes to it I am fine with staying home. Maybe get a movie or two and something to drink and toast in the New year...not sure but I will be home that is for sure.

Hiya again to everyone else :wave:

Did my slim & thn dvd and now I am off to do the sculpt & burn. I am cold so the exercise warms me up! Oh...it did stop snowing, yay...don't want no stinking snow!!

Have a good one!

jules1216
12-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Cristina---send the stinkin snow this way--the 60 degree temps will melt it...

luckycharm
12-28-2008, 02:26 AM
:carrot::carrot: YAHOO YAHOO she's gone back to my BIL's and flying home tomorrow! Wow that is not very nice of me at all, especially at a time for peace on earth, goodwill to everyone!

Just sitting here, having a nice little drink, and listening to the CD my mother bought me to work out on the treadmill with......Herman's Hermits. And the funny thing is I am really enjoying it.

It is a nice 22 degrees tonight, and I am so hoping it lasts for a few days so that I can go out and enjoy the weather. Yup I am going to shovel horse crap and clean out the pasture. I won't need to work out on the treadmill tomorrow.

Jules - Well, I bet you will have fun babysitting on New Years Eve. My 80 year old MIL and her 80 something year old boyfriend are going out to some Danish club party/dance so that they can go dancing. I told DH it is pretty sad that even his mom has exciting plans. He finally said if I could come up with something that he agrees with, we will go out. Now the really sad thing is I can't think of anything.

Cristina - My family is so happy. My BIL made extra cabbage rolls and sent them home with us. My SIL does not cook, so he does all the cooking. I don't know how she got so lucky. He does most of the cleaning also. I told my DH that you can make them but no one in your family will eat them, and he said you can come ahead and move in with us, and we will love absolutely everything you cook for us. He reluctantly said your DH could come also, but he had to eat what is cooked for all of us. :D

Well I think that I will run, and go and get some sleep. I actually stayed up all night 3 nights this past week to get all my walls and baseboards washed, and all my drawers and closets cleaned out. I am beat. But my house looked really good when all the company came. Now it needs to be vacuumed and cleaned again. :dizzy: It is never ending.

Good night ladies.

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Good Morning -

Kathy - I think a furry 4-leg animal dies at the end in the movie?? I think that is what I read, maybe that is why everyone comes out crying. Sheesh, that should fun, gaby adores her animals. lol
My bother is 41, he is retired Navy, not sure what he is doing in Iraq, not combat for sure, .........
Funny about your MIL and her plans for new years eve....lol, I think I will just go to bed by 8pm since I have to work the next day.

Cristina - Rach hates spaghetti.......lol. She wants Olive Garden but it isn't her birthday. Thanks for the thoughts on Grandma, but she was 96 and wasn't all there the last 2 years. She was something else , I didn't like her though. lol ...even though I was named after her. I loved my grandpa and was his favorite so I think grandma didn't like that....and she favored the males in the family. Blah - blah.....

Jules - Dominic is a doll, you are soooo blessed. Yep....Q'anal is my middle name - haha.

oops, better get clocked in!! The clocks around here are all different,...at least it is my Friday!!
:wave:

Shopaholic1204
12-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Hey everyone. I've been soooo tired lately, and today I finally slept past 5am, YAY!! So I feel a lot better now. I hate waking up so early.

Anyway, I think Fonzo has been having some fun with his brother here. They've been playing a bunch of video games. And yesterday, they bought more games, lol. So while they're out in the living room being boys, I'm in the bedroom watching Friends, reading, or talking to my friends online, lol.

Angel will probably be here for awhile. He's gonna get a job soon. So at least then he wont be home as much, and I'll be able to do my girly thing again, lol. PLUS...Fonzo's other brother & his cousin wanna come here for a visit in the spring. Ugh..too too many boys, lol. And they all act like Fonzo!!!! LOL!!! I dunno why my family never wants to visit me :(

Okay well..hope everyone is doing good!!! I shall talk to everyone laters.

jules1216
12-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Francie--his family is your family!! Glad you slept some...5 AM--no wonder you are tired!!!

SuzyQ--have a great Friday!!

Kathy--hubby is antisocial which is the real reason I lead a boring life....I would l love to go out on New Years and go dancing...

Dominic and I may go to the mall this afternoon....

Shopaholic1204
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Jules~His family are my in laws, lol. I cant really think of them as mine yet. I ment like..my own family. My cousins always say they'll visit, and they never do.

luckycharm
12-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Goodmorning everyone

Francie -ah yes unfortunately his family even though they are inlaws, are considered your family also. Are family has kindof drifted apart. We used to visit aunt, cousins etc all the time. Now I just don't have any time anymore, although we always talk about getting together. I guess I really should just get my butt in gear and do it.

Jules - an antisocial hubby for you to? Mine also. He keeps telling me why does he need friends when he has me? But then he gets whinny and keeps telling me that I am not paying enough attention to him. Then I tell him to get some friends. We will probably end up renting some movies and staying home and babysitting for New Years Eve also. The kids asked if they could have a party here if we go out, so that they could celebrate to.

SuzyQ - some how I missed reading that you were thinking the Old Spagetti Factory. Mmmm I love that place. We don't have one here, we have to drive into Edmonton, about 1 hour away to go to that restaurant. I think Cole and I are going to go and see the movie Desparaux today. After I finish cleaning the house.

Ok my Valentines Day Challenge is going to be ....... I can do 2 miles in 32 minutes on the treadmill. So my challenge is going to be 3 miles in 32 minutes by Valentines Day. Which I guess if I keep the exercise up maybe that might motivate me to eat properly, so I should see a slight decrease in my weight. I will shoot also for 10lbs weight loss by Valentines Day. I will go along with Cristina and SuzyQ and wi on Mondays.

Shopaholic1204
12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I really dont think of them as my family though. They just dont treat Fonzo right and that really really bugs me. He sometimes doesnt even like to admit that he has a family. Its a weird situation.

jules1216
12-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Kathy---our hubbys must be related some how....

Francie--my hubby's mom and sister treat him like he is the worst person when in fact they are pretty nasty themselves...they are such users...I LOVE his dad's side of the family though--they would be there in a second if you needed them....

RosieKate
12-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Good morning! A quickie hello from me as I am getting ready to go for a walk. A MUCH needed walk as it's finally melting around here and I'm pretty sure I can get a decent walk without slipping or trudging through too much slush.

My NP wants me to try a 6 week detox. That means keep the carbs under 100, occasionally can go to 125, no caffeine ( green tea ok), no alcohol. So (takes a deep breath) I will set that as my goal and I'll use Mondays as WI day to keep up with y'all :) I'm glad we are picking our own challenges, because I am sure NO ONE wants to do what I am doing, LOL!

I'll chat atcha later, chickies...have a good one!

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2008, 02:05 PM
:dance::dance: Oh , yay. We can have a Monday weigh in again, that'll be fun.
Not sure if I ever will get to 138 though, my body seems to be fighting it.

Kathy - Old Spagetti Factory has a calorie packed menu, I was looking at it yesterday. I don't know what I will be able to eat there. Enjoy the movie, let me know how you like it, ok? I could manage a 3 mile walk in 40 minutes , that was my best time when I was walking the treadmill.

Jules - Enjoy the mall! I have to do a bio run and after that I think I will relax a little bit. They have babies in OB and I love hearing the cries, so sweet.

Katy- How do you do the detox besides the carbs? What kind of foods do you get to eat? I need a detox. :dizzy: pssssst, I can't wait for these kids to get back in shcool.

Francie - Glad the brothers are having fun w/ the games. You are a brave gal to put up w/ all the males. lol Probably be driving me nuts.

anyway, break is about up. Had a yummy salad last night...w/ sweet pickles, beets,cottage cheese, turkey, carrots........hmmm, and something else...oh, ya.....salsa and lite italian dressing,...........it was good, lol.....sounds iffy as I write it though. :D

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

RosieKate
12-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Susan - love that pic of Astoria in your avatar...I can see why you want to live there; it's such a charming place. The detox was just a word she kind of threw out there...I am already off dairy. I do need to focus more on veggies and less on fruits...breads and other starches are kept at an absolute minimum. She said I should not go below 1400 cals and the only way to stay lo-carb ( ish) and keep the cals up is to eat LOTS of veggies. Well, nuts will do it, too.

Francie - your place sounds lot like ours right now. We received a bunch of stuff for the Wii for Christmas and it has been a fun way to pass the time.. Aerosmith Guitar Hero, anyone? I can't wait to get the Wii Fit.

BBL

suetalks
12-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Good afternoon. I am just killing time until I go get mom at the airport. I have missed her, but I doubt she will like this weather. She was going to stay longer...then my cousin got an offer on the house and they are moving. Ya gotta take those offers when you can in this financial climate.

I am pretty sure my challenge will be exercise related, or a combo of that and calories. How about 45 minutes of WATP and/or walking 5 days a week? My new WATP is 45 minutes and 3 miles with the weight belt added. Should be a good work out. I am starting it tomorrow, so might get to doing the whole thing by the end of the week. Then I will walk outdoors if the weather permits. (no wind) I guess I won't throw the eating in the challenge, I just know what I have to do. And I will weigh-in on Mondays as I usually do.

I did gain a little this past week...1 pound. But that might be water or ?? I ate more ham than usual..and crackers. (those darn dips) We are having people in New Year's Day for eating and playing cards. I will have to be really good. I am making veggies to munch.

Glad to hear that everyone is okay and enjoyed Christmas. I will talk to ya'll later.

tommysgirl18
12-28-2008, 04:00 PM
I am back!

we have been so busy these last few days! Friday we went out and bought some things, then yesterday we went to some friends house that are more like family and hung out with them all day. Today has been a calm day! Brandon and Tommy went to return a game that Brandon got, but he already has it, so thank goodness for gift receipts!

I am in the process now of uploading the pictures from this past week/weekend. I was attempting to do it last week, but never got around to doing it. So, now it might take me a little longer since I have 150 pictures to upload!

we are still undecided about what we are doing for New Year's Eve. We got invited over to our friend that lives in the complex, but her party is an adults only party. Then we are always invited over to my sister's house, but Brandon is still sick, so that is a questionable venture. Then our friends that came over last year I think it was, called us the other night to see what we were doing and to see about getting together. I am not sure what we are doing. I like not going anywhere, because then if the kids misbehave or get sleepy they can go right in their own beds. I am thinking about inviting a friend of ours over and seeing if he will show up.

luckycharm
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Internet must be busy today. I have posted but been kicked off 3 times. So I will try this once again.

Mindee - that is alot of pictures to upload. I really should get a digital camera. I don't have one. We are all camera shy here. Hope that Brandon is able to get something that he likes to replace his game.

Sue - That cartoon kills me. I was laughing so hard that DH and DS came over to look at what I was laughing at. They didn't get it which made me laugh even harder. Well I hope that your mom had a good visit. Your WATP video will be a fast paced one. I just was on the treadmill and did 3 miles in 46 minutes. I am pooped out. But I am going to try and beat that time a little bit everyday.

Katy - It sounds like your NP is putting you on a PH balancing diet. I have been reading about that, and trying to incorporate some of that into my diet. Have been having a little problem with cutting back the meat. I love guitar hero. I have to confess I am an addict. We don't have the aerosmith one though.

Francie - Thank you for the Christmas card. I walked to the mailbox and checked the mail today and there it was. I was late getting my cards out, so everyone will get one, just late. What games are the boys playing. We do have Rock Band and I have to say we all have a great time playing that.

SuzyQ - keep eating yummy salads like that and you will get to 138. I am ready to go into town and get some groceries so that we can have a salad also. Didn't go into town to go to the movie. Might do it tomorrow as my niece is coming back for the week so that we can watch her while her parents are at work.

Jules - I think our hubbies plus their families must be related. My MIL goes over the top with her praise for my BIL - we had to sit through 15 minutes of praise for how great his cabbage rolls were last night, and how he has done such a wonderful job with their house but she really doesn't have anything good to say to my DH. Her sister however is totally opposite. I don't know how they even grew up in the same household. Very frustrating. Do you think that is why we have antisocial hubbies? How did your DH take the news of becoming a grandpa? my DH is actually called Poppa, and it seems to help, as he was not pleased at all when DD made her pregnancy known.

Sassy - how are you feeling? Hope you are better. Miss you lots.

Tammy - Are you and hubby all alone in the house now? Enjoy your time together. There is always someone here with us. Sometimes I just want to kick them all out for an hour or three.

Cristina - I am truly tired from my workout on the treadmill. I usually just do 35 minutes. How do you have the energy to do all your exercise? You are my hero! I do truly mean that. I kept thinking of you when I wanted to stop after 35 minutes.

Well I must run, I want to go out and clean the horse pasture before it gets dark. I am going to give my DD a bill for all the time that I put into her horses.

BBL

sz2atheart
12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Stopping in or a minute. Need to scrub some taters and toss them into the oven to bake. Whew...this making 3 meals a day is exhausting. MIL leaves in the morning and then I'll have the whole day to myself :carrot: I'd love to take the drive with dh to return his mom but have to work on Tues and with no one to watch the dogs, it's just too much trouble dragging them with me for only an overnight trip. Then again, I could drop them off to Francie :^: her cats would probably scare them too death :D

It's 64 degrees here!!! Was tempted to take down all my outside lights but no, dh figures we will wait till next week when the temps are down in the 20's ;). You guys are such a chatty bunch. I can't seem to keep up with ya'll. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some downtime to do some indy's. Have a wonderful evening ladies! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Katy - You know, the village is pretty charming too. I enjoyed living there right after Gaby was born and walking to Starbucks and the toy store, it was fun. I don't miss Portland and the traffic though and I do feel better living back on the coast. Thanks for the info on the detox! I put a new avatar up, one of the recent snow.

Kathy - You're right about the salads. Maybe I can make that my challenge and start taking my lunches to work. I liked eating my main meal earlier in the day. When I get home now I am starving because all I had was a bowl of soup.

:wave: to Mindee, Tammy and Sue!

I better get my dinner and spend some time w/ Gaby. I have the Jesse James/Brad Pitt movie so am going to watch that tonight.

And tomorrow I have a day off! yay.....

chat more later and hello to everyone. :wave:

luckycharm
12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Tammy, I was a day ahead of myself. I thought you MIL had already gone home. How many dogs do you have? I don't know what is worse. Thinking of what you are going to make for 3 meals a day, making the 3 meals, or cleaning up after all of it. I am trying to get everyone who lives in this house and is over the age of 16 to pick one day a week and they should have to cook supper. Then the rest of them could really chip in and help clean up also. I don't know where I went wrong, but I don't get much help. Oh I am almost going to need a little cheese with my whine!

SuzyQ - that would be a good challenge. The last few weeks that I was working I really focused on taking my lunch to work with me instead of trying to wing it once I was already out the door. Lunch and healthy veggies as snacks. It was working. Now that I am at home, I find I am having a hard time not snacking on ...yes I am ashamed to say it.....cookies. Let me know what the movie is like.

Well I must run, as I am babysitting, and she is wanting to go potty. Not that she will go, but we have been putting her on when she wants to sit on it just in case she does actually go.

Have an enjoyable evening.

suetalks
12-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Kathy- Glad you appreciated the cartoon. I found it pretty funny. Now I am looking for more funnies. :) Did you get the pasture cleaned out? Hope you got help.

Susan- Have fun on your day off. I also think the village is pretty charming...I want to live there. The added attraction of the coast is a bonus. Yum..salad..with all this heavy eating this week I am now craving a good salad.

Tammy- I hate trying to think of 1 meal a day....get in a rut. At least DH is easy for breakfast...an egg white omelet, sometimes with meat or veggies, sometimes "nekkid." Dinner...just hard to think of something new and exciting. He usually eats leftovers for lunch and I can get by with cottage cheese or fruit. It is just that darn dinner time routine that gets me.

Hi Mindee- Hope you come up with a plan for NY's eve. We will do nothing, but have people coming NY's Day for food and cards. About 12 or so people...fun! I will have to go look at your recent pics. on Myspace. I never seem to go there.

Got Mom home although her plane was 30 minutes late. She seems tired, but healthy.

I am ready to get my rear in gear tomorrow...and also have lots of housework to do, so that should keep me from sitting around and eating...lol.

HI to you all......

FrouFrou
12-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Good grief...lots of posting since I was here last! That's always good of course...just so much catching up, yikes! Let's see, where to start.

JULES...I would love to send the snow your way. I'm glad we didn't get a lot and what we did get didn't stick. Today was warm of course...was lazy and should have gotten outside and walked. That is the plan tomorrow for sure...I think it is supposed to be 59 so perfect for a nice 3 mile walk.

KATHY...I would love to have the hubby take over the cooking. He is actually pretty good...he has cooked for me before but hasn't in quite a while. I don't mind cooking most of the time but it would be nice to have a little help once in a while. Of course I say that but I work better alone in the kitchen, lol. And thank you! I have not been exercising as much as I used to but still going strong. I am going to up my goal for 2009 and not fart around as much as I did this year. Hey, 3 miles in 30 minutes is an awesome time! I know you can do! I sure can't, lol. I walk but not that fast...yikes, that would kill me I think.

SUSAN...such a beautiful place you live! I would love to live by the beach...never would be able to afford it I'm afraid. For now I will have to stick with living in the midwest. I love Olive Garden...not sure why, but I do!

KATY...hoping you had a nice walk!

SUE...hope your mother is enjoying being home.

MINDEE...well, it sounds like you guys have several things to choose from for New Years Eve...I am sure you guys will do something fun.

HIYA TAMMY, FRANCIE, SASSY & ASIA :wave:

Another lazy day for me. Didn't get much of anything done except computer time and watched dumb movies in between, lol. I am getting ready to walk on the treadmill as soon as I watch the weather-just a short walk...my body doesn't take to no exercise so gotta do something. I have got to get back on a normal sleep schedule...too many late nights/mornings.

luckycharm
12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Monday weigh in 235 gained 5 lbs over the holiday.

suetalks
12-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Good morning...I too gained and instead of 1 pound it was 2. I was 167 this a.m.
I did the WATP walk and tone with the belt. A 2 mile walk and it is 30 minutes. Working UP to three miles and 45 minutes. I was shocked that I didn't poop out on this one after being idle for several days..(weeks) I think my arms might be sore tomorrow from the stretchy belt, but I expected that. It might get warm enough to walk this afternoon. So, an added bonus if I can do that.
I know....my exercise doesn't sound like much next to Cristina's usual workouts...but I figure anything to get this old body moving is a plus. :)
I am such a slow loser that I usually get discouraged and then go the other way....maybe with a challenge I can focus on exercise and not on pounds lost. *fingers crossed*

Happy Monday to you all....I am doing bedclothes and housecleaning. Gotta get ready for company for Thurs. Love the company..hate the prep work. :)

Mom2Gaby
12-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Good Morning-

:goodscale down a bit to 140.6, at a point where every ounce counts. ha

Cristina - what dumb movies did you watch? lol I think I will read some today,always makes me feel like I am doing something to better myself :dizzy: When rach mentioned Olive Garden I thought of you- lol. When I was dating Salem Guy we went out a lot, I just like the OSF. I think you could afford the Oregon coast, if I can anyone can. Course I rent, you might want to own...even at that though. Course you might want to be in a warmer climate? K- done planning your life. lmbo

Sue - I think you are doing great :cheer:, just hang in there. The New Year always brings a new beginning. OMG - I found my pedometer! I always though 15 minute miles was good, I could never get a better time. Anyway, now I can measure my walking at work. Have fun w/ the company.

Kathy - We probably do feel better when we plan the menu ahead of time. I always eat the soup at the hospital but that doesn't feel me up. I guess I better get my butt in gear and make a salad ahead of time to take. The bad thing about lunch though is after I eat, I want to take a nap. lol I don't think the boss would appreciate that. haha. You know, Gab wasn't potty trained til she was 4 and the R's too....lol, I was lazy in that department.

:wave: hi to everyone else!

Going to see Marley & Me this afternoon, need to pick up my room and put away laundry. I guess that is all on the agenda for my day off.

You all have a great Monday!

jules1216
12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
having a terrible day......ready to scream....rude people on the phone!!!!

RosieKate
12-29-2008, 05:04 PM
WI - 178 :( chalk it up to holidays and no exercise due to being cooped up...I did get to water aerobics today and had that hike yesterday...I do feel like I am getting back in the groove. 109 carbs yesterday.

will bbl for more chat..off to visit a friend
:)

suetalks
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Susan- Uh...soup doesn't "feel" me up either. I have a rule..only my husband can feel me up. LOL...

Just kidding with ya!

Well, I went out and walked 15 minutes and got another mile, so I got up to my 45 minutes before the 1st of the year. Now to do that 5 days a week....(ya think?) I always start out good...lol.

Off to make potato soup for dinner. DH came back from the grocery with nice romaine salad fixings for me too. So a huge salad and a little soup..my dinner.

FrouFrou
12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Hiya Ladies and a Happy Monday! :hug:

SUE...just stay postive missy, you can do it! :cheer: Good job on the walks today! :carrot: Potato soup sounds really good right now...I've not had any in years! My mom used to make a good one...I need to make some one day...not in a soup mood today though, it's warm outdoors!

SUSAN...you crack me up, lol. Maybe if someone else was planning my life it would turn out better, lol. So go ahead and plan away! Is it really that cold there? It gets pretty cold here too. Let me know how you like Marley and Me...I kinda want to go see it. Read the book and loved it! Speaking of books...how did you like Sail? I have been wanting to read that one...sounded good to me. WTG on the 140.6!!! :bravo: Oh, watched Joe Dirt...omg, I've forgotten...the first one I don't know the name of it anyway, never saw it. Was a sort of Get Smart goofy movie, and then The Ringer, My Cousin Vinny, Varsity Blue-only saw part of that one and then Old School...all on TBS, lol-sad.

JULES...lots of hugs to you! I too don't like dealing with rude people on the phone. Just don't ever feel people need to be rude. :hug: Hope your day got better.

KATHY...sorry about the gain over the holidays. :hug: You have taken a step in the right direction today missy and we are here for ya! You'll get that off in no time. :hug:

KATY...sorry about your gain as well, and good job getting back on track today! :carrot:

MSFRANCIE...how are you doing? Hoping all is well with you and your are enjoying your BIL.

SASSY...hoping all is well with you too and you are feeling better.

MINDEE...hoping you and the fam are having a good day.

TAMMY...hoping you are enjoying your quiet time today.

I stayed up too late again last night...gotta get out of that habit...which meant I slept late again. V is home and messing up my schedule...yeah, I'm going with that, lol. He is home until next Monday. But...I did get 1 1/2 miles walked on the treadmill, and then 1 1/2 miles outside and some weights done. Going to do my slim & thin dvd later for a grand total of 90 minutes.

Headed to WW at 5 and I was hoping for a loss this week, well, I actually did have one but it was holiday gain that I lost and I am right back where I started from, lol...180.6. I will take that. So I changed my ticker to reflect that. I had added it last night with the hopes of being at 180 even or a little under so just rounded it off to 181.

Hope everyone is having a good day! :hug:

FrouFrou
12-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Sue...that is a beautiful picture!

sz2atheart
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Hello All!!

Kathy--I have two little dogs. Cody is a bischon/schnoodle and Oliver is a yorkie/schnauzer. Both think they are king of the house. Yes, MIL left today :carrot:. While I did enjoy her company, it was getting a little tiring. Dh was always a help with cleanup after all the meals.

Mindee--Did you figure out what you are doing for NY's.

Cristina,Susan, RosieKate, Sue, Kathy--I have to hand it to all of you for even getting on the scale during the holidays. I'm afraid it might bite me and growl when I finally step on it. I swear that I am heading back to WW on Jan 7. I even have to change a mammogram appt for that day, but I'm determined to get back OP.

Jules--You must have been talking to my mother ;), rude people just suck!!

Sue--Welcome home to your Mom!

Hugs to everyone else that I missed :hug: I spent my quiet time today finishing up enrolling my mother into a different medicare prescription plan. What a pain in the arse. She'll find some fault in it I'm sure. Then I went to Michaels and browsed the isles, looking for ideas for dd reception centerpieces. We don't want floral arrangements because of her allergies so thinking about some kind of a hurricane glass or large martini glass with white battery operated lights, crystals, irresdescent grass etc. Something that can sit on a mirror surrounded by votive candles. Still looking for ideas. Back to work tomorrow and then off for New Years eve and day. Going to take all the decorations down then. Well off to TV land with the dogs on my lap for a while.

Night, night ladies!! P.S. Don't believe the ticker below....it's a lie!:mad:

FrouFrou
12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Hiya TAMMY...whatever you figure out for DD's centerpieces will be pretty. I don't look forward to the next few weeks at WW! Or this site for that...always at the first of the year-lots of new people and it's going to be a mess. Hoping this site isn't though...I know years past it was hard to get on because of so many newbies. The WW leader is anticipating a HUGE crowd...especially with no registration fee for the next 2 or 3 weeks. But it will be nice at the same time as the last two meetings were almost empty...I think 12 people last week and maybe 15 this week. And you reminded me I need to schedule my mam. Thanks! Glad you are enjoying your mil being gone.

Hello again to everyone else :wave:

Just wanted to stop by and say HI.

Kathy...forgot to mention, that site that I posted was just something I found that had the walkblaster...can't remember exactly where I got it from but I have bought lots of dvds on amazon...they seem to be decent priced...just thought I would mention that even though you probably already know. :)

Have a good evening :)

suetalks
12-29-2008, 10:26 PM
P.S. When is everyone starting the challenge? Are you starting on the 1st or the 1st Monday or some other day??

The potato soup was great and of course I had a snack later...boo. Baby steps back to eating OP.

suetalks
12-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Another question...Just for fun.

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008?

What is one thing to remember?

tommysgirl18
12-30-2008, 01:03 AM
just thought I would pop back in and see how every one is doing.....

we did finally agree on something for NYE.....we are staying home and having people over! Brandon still has a cough and we have been really hitting the ground running with him and potty training....so it just makes it easier on us! as of right now, we have invited friends of ours that stood up in our wedding, our friend that works here, and Tommy has to call and let our other friends know that we are staying home.

and after a long awaited delay........I am uploading the pictures now to myspace AND facebook! myspace ones will be done sooner then facebook since you can only upload five at a time.

I am sure that I missed all the details on the new challenge, but I am willing to do it if I get all the information so can some one please fill me in!

trying to get caught up online since Tommy is trying to get some tv time in....he goes for his dye test at 8:30 in the morning, so he is nervous/excited/anxious about the test, as am I. I will let you all know how that goes, once I know of course.

Shopaholic1204
12-30-2008, 06:33 AM
Hi everyone!!! :wave:

Nothing much going on with me. Just been laying low for awhile. Nothing interesting is going on with me. My life is so blah right now, lol. Oh well..its better than having everything so drama filled, ya know?

Anyways..I should go. I had the worst time sleeping yesterday. Fonzo woke me up at 2am, and I couldnt go back to sleep until 3pm!!! Then I woke up at 10:30pm..and I'm a little bit sleepy right now. So I'll go to sleep after this show is over.

Okay..enough rambling. I should go now. I hope everyone is doing good!!! I cant believe it will be 2009 on thursday!! Is it me, or did the year just fly on by? LoL!!

RosieKate
12-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Francie - it's not just you..it really did feel like it flew by. Those boys still playing video games?

Sue - food for thought...Right now I could live without ever hearing the term Arctic Blast ever again. Hope 2009 is free of arctic blasts, ha ha. Considering our wintery season doesn't really get going until January I'm probably out of luck on that one. Seriously, though, your post has me thinking. I went ahead and started the challenge and posted a weigh in yesterday. I'm going to give myself a break on NYE.

Mindee- I enjoyed your pics on FB..looks like you had a great Christmas!

Tammy - I like the thought of the candles on a mirror..that sounds very elegant. You are brave to go into Michael's this time of year, lol!

Cristina - thx for the nice comment on my sweater..it feels much more comfortable now that I fixed it.

Hi to everyone else!

Ok - 94 carbs yesterday...:) I slept really well and woke up to 175 on the scale..so I definitely feel like I back on track...or getting there anyway. Today we are taking a bus downtown and going to the art museum (http://portlandartmuseum.org/), then swing by the library (http://www.multcolib.org/agcy/cen.html) then bus it home. I think the kids will like that...our downtown area (http://www.kgw.com/lifestyle/stories/kgw_112408_news_tree_lighting.1e48ddd7c.html) is very pretty with all the holiday decor.

Have great day, everyone!

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi All :wave:

This is a quickie to let you all know I am alive and kicking!!! lol. I am finally better now!!! YAY! :carrot: I still have somewhat of a runny nose, but that is about it!

Jules -- TY TY for the very cute Get Well Card! I hope you are now well too!

Kathy -- Pls send Big :hug: to my Friend, Cole!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA but with being sick, then the holidays and then it was back to work for me lastnight, well just had no time at all!!! lol.

Maybe when I am off I will have some time to get in here and catch up with everybody! If anybody has Yahoo, just PM me or you can get it from Francie or Sue, they are on my list so they know my ID, just don't post it publicly please, just PM it. ;)

BIG BIG :hug:

I hope you all have a Safe and Happy New Year!!!

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/856/856697srmug6tt9b.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

jules1216
12-30-2008, 12:32 PM
another quickie for me....phones are a little calmer today--hope I don't jinx myself!!

I worked late last night and am doing it again tonight...will try to be back later this evening for indys!!

Sassy--yw and yes I went to the doctors and got antibiotics and am feeling better--not quite 100% yet--hubby has it now...and no they wouldn't give me any stinkin morphine!!

FrouFrou
12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Good morning...

Jules...don't work too hard! And I am adding a picture just for you...no one else can look, lol.

Sassy...good to see you.

Katy...enjoy your trip downtown...very pretty! I truly do love everything you make...you always pick nice colors too! Good job on getting back on track.

Mindee...hope all goes well with Tommy today and you guys get some answers.

Francie...yes! The year flew by for me too! My life is blah too so we can be blah together :D

Sue...I started yesterday with the challenge and WI on Mondays...of course my challenge is just to lose the 6 pounds. Well, that and drink more water and of course make sure and exercise. The walking challenge though I will start Jan 1. As for your questions...

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008? All the drama with the DIL...just want to start again.

What is one thing to remember? The good times, and becoming a Nana-the best thing ever!

Susan...how are you doing today?

Well I just woke up a few minutes ago, actually still trying to wake up. Trying to get back on some kind of schedule, this staying up to 2-3 in the morning is for the birds! Nothing on the agenda for the day...will get some exercise in and especially a walk outdoors...another day in the 50's so that's kind of perfect walking weather. Anywho...chat later.

Have a great day!

Couldn't decide between the two...of course I don't like either, lol. Wearing the new glasses too that I don't like either, lol...you can't tell they are pink...just look silver. And the hair I just cut and the color is a little dark for me...guess I prefer the blonde. Oh well, will leave the pics up for the day.

Mom2Gaby
12-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Good Morning -

Did I really say *feel* me up?? haha.......I guess that is where my mind is. Soups don't fill me up. lol

Have pedometer and a HUGE salad (mostly lettuce) and on my way to work.

I like the left picture Cristina, the one where you are smiling :)

Looked into that *cottage* for rent and will go see the inside tomorrow. It rents for $400, a studio, I think. It is part of a huge house that is on the historic register, I saw the plaque on the house when I drove by..........*sigh, it is a beautiful place up on the hill over looking the river side. I would love to live there.

anyway, cross fingers.

I better get!!

:wave: to everyone

suetalks
12-30-2008, 03:14 PM
To answer my own questions:

I want to forget how sick Mom was and how we thought she would not make it. A terrible time.

To remember: Putting our touch on the new backyard. Family being healthy..after Mom's ordeal. Our trip to San Diego to see the guys.

Hope we all make wonderful memories in 2009.

suetalks
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Half way through the day and something keeps interrupting my exercise. Although I feel like I have gotten plenty just cleaning. DH moved the heavy dining table and I got to crawl around and clean the underside, legs and all that stuff you don't see. lol.. Ran the sweeper and Swiffered the other floors. Dusted everything. Tomorrow I have to cook and will clean the kitchen after that. My house will be very clean to ring in the New Year, and then will be ready to be cleaned again after Thurs. Isn't that the way it goes?

Cristina- Love the pictures and the glasses. I think your hair is very pretty. Here's to a new drama free 2009!

Susan- Oh, I hope you get the cottage, if it is suitable for you that is. Sounds lovely. Good luck with the pedometer and the salad. :)

Sassy- Glad you are feeling better. Now to get back into the swing of things, huh? Are you still thinking of moving?

Jules- Hope you don't have to keep working late. That's for the birds. :) Hope your DH gets feeling better and glad you are doing better yourself.

Okay, DH is up from his nap so I can do my video...he was sleeping in front of the t.v. I have to send him in the other room so he won't laugh at me.
While I exercise I will be trying to decide what to fix for dinner....again. I just had 2 orange sticks for a snack and could kick myself...but they were yummy.

suetalks
12-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Woo Hoo...2 mile WATP with the stretchy belt. Man it makes my arms tired. I don't know if I will get an outside walk, we will see.

I think I am talking to myself....psst..anyone here??

luckycharm
12-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone

Just stopping in really quick to say hi.

Sue, I did already start the challenge. No time like now to start torturing myself.

Decided that I would add my progress to my signature so that I could keep track on how I am progressing.

Mindee - Hope everything goes ok for Tommy today. About the challenge, everyone just picked something that we are going to work on to help us accomplish some weight loss, and joined Jules in her Valentine's Day deadline.

Ok, I am off and running to take down the christmas decorations and get them all put away.

Something to forget in 2008? How stressed I got at my job and how that stress took over my life. (Job before the job I just got laid off from)

Things to remember for 2008? At the job that I just got laid off from, I got to work with my DS. We actually had a really great time, with great talks. I am really glad that we had that time together, with just us.

Chat later

FrouFrou
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Hello again...

Sue...thank you! I like the haircut and the glasses are okay...wish I would have gone with the black rim ones now. These are cool though, I like that there really isn't a frane, just the top part...they are coach and the pink is a silvery pink...I do like them better than the gold oval ones I had previously. I need to go donate at least the one old pair...they cost so much I hate to get rid of them but what are ya gonna do with three pair, lol. I do like to have an extra though. Well at least you will have a clean house to start Thursday! Wanna come clean mine, lol. :bravo: on the 2 mile workout! Love the orange sticks...mmmm.

Susan...thank you too! I really hate about 99.9% of all pictures taken of me...what I see in the mirror and what I see in pictures are two different things, ugh! Have to take about 30 pics to get one decent one. Hoping you get the cottage! :crossed: Bet the view is gorgeous!

Kathy...that's cool that you got to work with your DS. Hoping you are having a great day today! Looking at your signature...you are doing great with the walking! I am impressed...3 miles in 41 minutes is a GREAT walk. i can do the 3 or more miles but it ain't in less than 45 minutes! I am a slow walker sort of, not really slow but slow to some. 15 minute mile is good for me, lol. Keep on truckin lady!

Okay, so I have been being lazy today. It was nice today out but with the wind it felt too chilly for me so I didn't get a walk out. But I am getting ready to do a dvd as soon as I see the weather in about 10 minutes. Not sure why but I always have to see the weather forecast at 5. Other than that, not much going on.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

jules1216
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Cristina--I like the smiling one too. I need to get new glasses--D went through a stage where he grabbed everyones and mine are definitely not the right shape. I want to get heavier ones for when he is around!!

Kathy-I took my stockings down, but we are leaving up a few things for awhile. Didn't actually ever get around to getting a tree--we made due with a liitle ceramic one and I decorated my liittle fir tree plant thing.

Sue-woo hoo on your exercising!! We get the house back in order in time for Dominic to come back and mess it up, but we love having him here. Thanks for the snow!! Even if it is only a picture...

SuzyQ--the house sounds beautiful. I have been enjoying your avatars of your cute little town.

Sassy--glad you are back!!

Katy-thanks for sharing the links--Ry and I would love the museum and the eco roof on the Library is so cool!!

Mindee--hope Tommy gets some answers with his next test--have fun on NYE!! I posted a few pics on myspace--I need to remember to take more. I am going to check yours out.

Francie--hope you can get soem sleep soon. I start to get migranes when I don't sleep right. Try taking Valerian root. It works for me most of the time.

Tammy--hey busy lady!!

Where's our little Asia been???

I dropped a piece of wood on the top of my foot--it hurts to wear a shoe--I ran around in my socks all day at work--the computer room guys laughed at me. I did put them on and hobbled to the bathroom. No exercise for a few days until the swelling goes down.

Well, going to spend some time with hubby and then get some sleep...

jules1216
12-30-2008, 09:17 PM
almost forgot....Sue's questions...

thing to remember--Dominic's first year

thing to forget--worrying about things that I have no control over

Shopaholic1204
12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Sue~One thing I want to forget about 2008? Umm..All the workups Fonzo had to do earlier this year. I want to forget the feeling of being totally lonely. And one thing I want to remember? Our totally awesome road trip from WA to MD!!!! That was just so much fun!!!

The boys are still playing video games. But at least, I have some of my power back now. All I have to do is mention that I want to watch tv, and they stop playing, lol. Right now, Fonzo is playing some game, and Angel is all passed out, lol.

Well..I'm going to my friends house for New Years tomorrow. I don't think I will be on until thursday. So I hope everyone has a happy & safe New Years!!! Talk to you all in 2009 (unless I come back and talk some more tonight, lol).

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1878/1878778n055awc86i.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Sassy_Chick
12-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Hi All :wave:

So I guess its my turn for the questions, eh?

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008? Working under my old supervisor *shivers*. I would say DH getting fired, but that turned out to be the very best thing!!! lol.

What is one thing to remember? DH getting his new job at Childrens!!! :woohoo:

Ok can I add to the questions?? I will anyways. lol You can answer or not. lol.

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why?

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)???

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? For me it is to be the very best me possible, that is physically, emotionally and yes financially as well (that kinda is important) lol. Why? So that I can finally become a Mommy!!! That is my ultimate Goal for 2009!!!! :bb:

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)??? Besides you all of course, it has to be my new coworker and new best friend. She has truly helped me acheive what I wanted too (besides the weight but we are gonna work on that one too!!!) I am truly honored to have had the privledge of knowing all of you wonderful folks, you truly are wonderful people and I do love ya! But having someone in "real" life to support you day to day is so important as well, besides my DH! He is of course totally awesome, but I am so so happy to finally have someone besides him and you guys (you all ROCK!) to help me. I think that the more people we have supporting us and being our mini "Cheerleaders" :cheer3: is oh so very important!!!

So here is a little cheer for you all: :cheer2: I wish for you the very best for 2009!!! :cheer:

Big Big :hug:

suetalks
12-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, if I count yesterday's weigh-in as my start to the challenge I am doing okay. I started a journal to keep track of my 45 minute exercise daily. I hurried up and did 15 more minutes awhile ago so I can count today. I am pretty sure I won't get it in on Thurs. so that will be one of my days off. Gonna shoot for 5 days and maybe get 6 if I am feeling good. :)
Now the challenge of getting my food under control again. Darn candy and cookies.... I told DH everything BAD is gone as of Thursday night, so eat what you want or take it to your shop fridge. It is out of the house. LOL.

Okay, off to try to make travel plans for a Jan. trip to Vegas. Flights have gone up and car rentals are dirt cheap. I need to get us a room and try for a cheaper flight.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Good Luck to those on the Valentine challenge.

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why? To get healthy via weight loss, eating right and getting off my tush. Why? Because I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and am a stroke waiting to happen. I also want to encourage DH because he was just put on blood pressure meds. too. Scary to think of one of us having to go on without the other.

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you achieve one your major goals? (Besides DH or significant others)??? You, my chickies keep me "trying" for goals. It is me not doing enough to reach those goals. This is the year I am going to achieve!!

FrouFrou
12-31-2008, 12:21 AM
And I am back again, lol...

Sue...hope you can find a cheap flight! :crossed: And good about the journal...they say people who journal do better than those who don't. Maybe that's my problem, lol. I journal the exercise and just started with the food when I joined WW so, so far, so good. Is it going to be warm in Vegas? It's been so long since I've been that way I can't even remember what the weather is like in January!

Jules...ouch! Hope you foot feels better soon, hopefully you didn't break anything. I had a problem with earrings with the little ones...but Cambrie is fascinated with my locket when I wear it. I'll have to check out the pics, or are they the ones I saw the other day? Will go look.

Francie...glad you got control back, lol...guys! That is going to be a tough one...remembering it will be 2009...already wrote it on my first few checks to help me along, lol...I know I will forget!

Mindee...lots and lots of pictures...they are great! Looks like all you guys enjoyed Christmas! Hoping all went well with Tommy today.

Well, just thought I would jump back on and take the pics off...don't like leaving a picture up more than a day for some reason...but there's lots on myspace. Getting ready to go to Wal-mart and buy groceries...figured what the heck, may as well do it tonight instead of tomorrow...that way I can sleep in, lol. Bad news though...V's step-mom passed away this morning. The viewing is on Thursday-New Years and the funeral is Friday. Apparently she had been sick off and on since Feb...yes, I said Feb...and no one bothered to tell us. It would have been nice if they had so that we could have seen her before this happened. I will never understand them but that's neither here nor there. Not a great start to the Year eh? I hope this is not a sign of things to come...this is supposed to be a good year...better than the rest! Okay...better get going...dd is waiting on me. She is going with me because V's back is out.

Nighty, night ladies!

RosieKate
12-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Good morning!
109 carbs yesterday, 173.5 on the scale. :) We hooked up our Wii fit and it is fun. It runs you through a fitness test and it told me that my BMI was over weight. No big surprise, but it wasn't obese for a change, so that made me happy. It's fun and a great way to exercise indoors, imo. The thing I like the most is that is changes the activities, so I'm not doing the same thing over and over, like I would with a DVD.

I'm not much for resolutions, but I always resolve to continue my efforts toward a healthier life and I have to thank all of you for your support through the years. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't check in here and see what's going on and draw some strength from all of the collective motivation. Even though I've haven't met any of you (besides Susan) IRL, I feel like I'm going to bump into you on the street or something. Love that internet!

Cristina - so sorry to hear about V's step mom and what a shock it had to be. I am continually out of the loop with my own family, so I know how that feels. Not fun. Hope the next week goes smoothly for you and his family and that his back feels better soon. Ouch. PS - enjoyed the pics - you look great..have to go over to ms to see more...

Sassy- I really hope you ( and Francie, too) get the baby this year. Way back in the dark ages, like, when I had endometriosis and we thought we were going to have trouble conceiving DD, I found the infertility boards at ivillage to be very helpful. That's probably old news, but I thought I would mention it anyway. They recommended a book called "Taking charge of your own fertility", and I swear that book did the trick for us. I just know we are going to be having a virtual baby shower soon :) For you two - not me ....been there done that, tied the tubes, lol!

Jules - hope your foot feels better today. When is D's birthday..it's pretty soon isn't it? He's getting so big!

Susan- get felt up by some soup today? :o Honey, take it where you can get it;):hug::hug::hug:for a happy new year..is Gaby going to stay up til midnight?

:newyear::newyear::newyear::newyear: to everyone else.

Today I am taking a day off from the food diary. Hub is talking about getting some treats from Baker & Spice. Add a little wine to that and I'll be starting over tomorrow at square one, but hey, it's January one, so what better time to start over? I don't have big plans. I am getting together with the knitting buddies for a little bit early on, then it's home to movies and lots of snacks and maybe I'll be able to stay up late enough to see in the new year. It's always dicey for me since I tend to go to bed around 8 or 9 usually. Maybe I'll take a little nap or something.

jules1216
12-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Quickie since I am at work--yes I have my shoe off still....

For all you Bachelor/Bachelorette fans...

http://tv.msn.com/tv/gallery/bachelor-retrospective/?photoidx=1

luckycharm
12-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Good Morning everyone.

No big plans here for this evening. We will probably just rent a couple of movies and stay home. The big tradition in our family which started with my hubbys family, was who could be the first person just after midnight to write on the bathroom mirrors HAPPY NEW YEARS with the soap. Of course while the kids were young it was always him, but now that they are older it is funny to see everyone sneaking away to the bathroom at 12:01.

Cristina - :hug: to you and V about his stepmother. I am so sorry for your loss. This of course is not a sign of things to come, but the finished crappy touch to 2008, so that 2009 can be a great year. :hug: Do you get all your groceries at Walmart? They are renovating ours into a Supercenter, but will they add meats and produce? Ours should be done in the next few months. Maybe I will have to look into getting a job there.

Katy, I have never paid attention to carbs before until you started your challenge. My bowl of macaroni I had for lunch was over 100 carbs. That was when it hit me how much effort you will be putting into your challenge.
:bravo::cp: to you for staying op. That combined with the wii fit will have you at your goal in no time. Did you have a fun day with the kids yesterday?

Sue - good luck to finding some cheap tickets to Vegas. Can I come with you? I need a vacation. I would have thought with the price of gas coming down, the price of airfare should have come down also.

Sassy - glad to see you are back to normal. What does your DH do? That is so great that you have a job where you work with your BF. That is great. Makes your long shifts go much quicker I bet. That will be great that you get support from her also. I need a job like that.

Francie - Glad that the centre of power is shifting back into your direction. Do you get along with your BIL ok? I hope that you have fun tonight. How long did your fun road trip last?

Jules - Ouch. Did you hurt your foot at work? What type of work do you do? Didn't the babies first year go by quickly? Hard to call them babies now. It is funny because my DGD lives here with us, her favorite person in her life is Cole. She loves him, and follows him everywhere. Good thing is that he loves her to, and he is quite ok with her touching his stuff, and her following him.

SuzyQ - :goodluck: on getting the place. I am sending you good vibes. Ok so have you seen some hot guy at work, and that is where your mind has been? :D :bravo: to you for taking your lunch to work. We are going to throw you a big on line party to celebrate you reaching your goal. Does this website have a chatroom that we can all go into?

Tammy - Your dogs sound cute. Right now we have 5 little yorkie puppies that are running around our kitchen. Plus the parents, and because it has been so dang cold out, our 2 big outside dogs are in the house as well. They would all cuddle with us on the couch if I would let them come out of the kitchen. When is your DD getting married?

Well I get to go into town and drop my niece off. Thank goodness. She told me yesterday as I was working out, that my face looked like her friends old grandma. Then she told me I should stop because I looked like I was going to fall over. Cole kept telling me good job, and bringing me some water to drink. Guess which one got a hug when I was done.

Ok as for Sue's questions, I am still thinking about it.

The person who supported me the most was my mother. She truly is my best and only friend that I have, that is not online. That is one reason why I have made computer time a priority for myself because I really missed you all and thought of you daily when I wasn't here. You all really brighten up my days and my life. Thank you.:grouphug:

I'll get back to you for the other.

FrouFrou
12-31-2008, 04:08 PM
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1886/1886143i9vw08yrg9.png (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

A very Happy New Year to you all!

FrouFrou
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello ladies...

...and thank you! :thanks: :hug:

KATY...now you guys are making me want to get a Wii...I hear they are fun but was really wondering if the workouts are enough for me. And you are right about dvds doing the same thing over and over...sometimes I hate doing them because I already know whats coming next, lol. You are doing GREAT! Keep it up and you will be in the 160's in no time! :carrot:

KATHY...I do do the majority of my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart...it's a supercenter and even though I am not a fan, they best the local grocery store prices by far. But there are still some things I buy at the local one...their fruit seems to be better to me...the meat I think is about the same-quality wise. DD and I did go last night and got back home at about midnight...we were just enjoying no one being there! Kind of nice except for the boxes everywhere. Love the niece...kids are so cute, of course that is the last thing we want to hear. I said something about V eating all os something, can't remember what it was and she said "That's why grandpa is so fat" His belly seems to be growing! Like the soap story, lol. Almost forgot...love your avatar, I'm assuming that is your sweetie pie grandbaby...Roxy is such the cutie pie! I love babies! Maybe J & C will give me one soon :crossed:

Hi everyone else! :wave:

Nothing going on today. Trying to get laundry done and had a couple of errands to run this morning. Getting ready to order some checks and flowers, then get some exercise done...haven't done anything yet.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

tommysgirl18
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
just thought I would stop by to answer the questions that were put out there.....then off to get my butt in gear to clean up for tonight

What is the one thing you want to forget about 2008? One thing that I want to forget about 2008......well that is a tough one. but as of right now, there isn't any thing that I want to forget about it.

What is one thing to remember? I want to remember every thing from this past year!

What is the most important thing for you to achieve in 2009? Why? I want to achieve my weight loss, the right way through healthier eating and getting my tush in motion. As for why.....well that is obvious.....to be around longer and to watch my kids grow up and have kids of their own!

Who is the one person from 2008 that truly helped you acheive one your major goals? (Besides DH or signicant others)??? Besides Tommy and you all, I would have to say that there were a couple of people that have helped. Our neighbor was a great help because she was on the same path as me as far as weight loss.

sz2atheart
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Stopping in to say Happy New Year's Eve to everyone. It is bitter cold and the winds are gusting at 40 miles plus. :( Not a good combination for the Inner Harbour to have a big fireworks display tonight. I'll stay at home, comfy in my baggy sweats, eating steamed shrimp and watching it all on TV. ;)

We ran around a little today doing "window car shopping", if there is such a thing. I drive a Toyota 4-runner and thinking of getting something smaller. Looking at all the cross-over vehicles. It will take me months to decide.

Cristina--So sorry about V's step-mom. Hugs to you both.

Kathy--DD wedding is planned for June 13th. She is planning on coming over next week for us to sit down and do some heavy duty planning. We have all the big vendors picked but now have to get all the little things organized. I bought her a new printer and she plans to do her own invites, programs, reception cards, menu cards, save the date magnets etc.

Sue--Still thinking about answers to your questions. I post them soon.

RosieKate & Cristina--I hear ya about being out of the family loop. Actually, I think one of my New Year's resolutions will be to keep my distance from all my family, not my children but my bro's and sisters. I can't take the drama anymore and pleasing them is impossible. Enough said!

Jules--Take care of that foot hun :hug:

To everyone and all that I missed...please have a safe and happy healthy New Year. :newyear:

Shopaholic1204
01-01-2009, 01:42 AM
http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1878/1878668beypcd5lrv.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/PrimeSuspect210/Smilies/HONYnewyear034.gif

FrouFrou
01-01-2009, 04:40 AM
Good morning and...

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l167/tantra_816/newyears6.gif

Here's to a GREAT 2009 for all of us! :cheers::cheers:

Francie...hoping you guys had a fun time!

Tammy...thank you! So any certain vehicle in mind? The hubby had a 4 runner that thing was GREAT! Think it is still running somewhere, lol. There's lots of new stuff out there...so many new little cars/vehicles, hope you find what you are looking for! Hoping for a drama free 2009!

Anywho...just wanted to stop by and say Hi and Happy New Year once again. This is what happens when you (I) start staying up all hours of the night and try to go to bed early...wasn't happening. So just got up...daughter and I are watching a Twilight Zone marathon...so stupid! She is into a lot of the old stuff. Some I don't mind but some, ugh! Lol

Well, I am going to go and play bookworm and then off to bed about 3'ish...nighty, night!

jules1216
01-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Happy New Year to All!! Dominic, hubby and I were all in bed before 11pm. Fun bunch that we are. It's too early to call the kids--I'd say they both have hangovers. Neither were driving so that makes me feel better. I talked to both before I went to bed and neither were too bad at that point.

The foot does better when I don't wear shoes and I am off until Monday. Friday is WW and the car needs to be inspected and there's always the dreaded grocery store. I am thinking about going today.

Cristina--your daughter and Ry do seem to like lots of the same stuff. The pics are the same ones you commented on.

Kathy--Roxie is such a cutie!! Love the outfit!! This year has gone so fast. Teri has the apartment but with us babysitting--he's here alot. He comes home with us from work on Thursdays and she spends the night Saturday and SUnday and takes him home Monday morning when we all get up and get ready for work.

Francie--hope you guys had a fun night!!

Tammy--I would have loved to go see fireworks at Inner Harbor--I bet it's beautiful. Hubby is antisocial so gettting him to go anywhere but his garage is nearly impossible.

Katy--my resolve is to keep the decluttering going, keep toxic people out of my life and learn to say no and put me first...or at least make others consider my wants instead of me just always doing theirs.

Sue-they gave us See's candy at work--so we each got a box and one of my coworkers gave us hers...luckily hubby and Teri ate most of it. I did have a few. I crave chocolate at my tom--but salty is usually me craving. I do have a weakness for cookies and milk at Chistmas but I just made a small batch and they were ate mostly by others instead of me.

Sassy--glad you found a real live support person!! Here's hoping that you and Francie get your babies in 2009.

SuzyQ--hope you and the Gabster found something fun to do. how's the pedometer thing going. I
checked out a book at the library about walking--It's written by the guy the used to do Walking magazine. It was reaaly interesting and while I was at a Readers Digest Bookstore Outlet I saw it marked down and with a pedometer. Once I can wear a shoe again without hobbling I am going to start the program. I also got a Pilates on the ball that has a book, a ball and a dvd that I want to try out.

Mindee--hope your little get together went well!!

Hi to anyone I missed--the boys are up and hungry--Dominic slept the whole night...woohoo!!

luckycharm
01-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Happy New Year Everyone.

Not much went on here. Ended up inviting my parents out for supper, and watched the movie Hancock with Will Smith. DS girlfriend come out also. Then the SIL had got some fire works that we lit off, and then I went into town with DS to take his GF home. (Due to being under 18 he is not allowed to be driving between midnight and 5 am.)

Jules - :rofl: Oh my - I thank you I needed a good laugh to start my year. The hubbies truly are related. On Tuesday night, (same as every night) Hubby got home from work and went straight out to the shop. I told him supper would be ready in 30 min. 3 hours later, I actually went out there to make sure that he was ok, and nothing had fallen on him or anything. He loves being in the shop so much that he actually set up a little relaxing place out there complete with couch, chair and t.v. :D

Cristina - TY-yes that is the little DGD. I hope that you had a good sleep in this morning after your late night. I remember the show The Twilight Zone. Haven't seen it for years. What book are you reading? The Wii is alot of fun. DD loves the boxing on the fit, and it actually looks like it is working for her. She does the yoga on there also. She has lost 10 lbs in the last month that she has been doing it. My mom also has one. She got it for all the grandchildren to play, but she did get the fit for herself. She has lost about 15 lbs in the last couple months. She also likes the yoga, and some of the strenght training. There is a game where you have to actually keep the hula hoop going. It is funny and hard at the same time. This year, one of my goals is to use it more also. I saw a Jillian Michael's game for it at ToysRUs that I plan on getting.

Tammy - Did you see cars you like while you were out window shopping? My hubby is trying to talk me into a new HHR. He has been trying for a month or so. How far away does your DD live from you? That is great that she is going to do her own invites and stuff. That will save her some $. Does she plan on it being a large wedding?

Francie - Did you have a good time at your friends place? Was there alot of people there?

Mindee - Did you have your get together at your place? Hope you had fun. What time did you get the kids to bed? Cole wanted to stay up, so we let him, but he fell asleep on the couch at 11:45. I'll be in trouble for that today, as he did not sleep in so he will be grouchy today.

Katy - what was your Wii age? Mine was 59. DD was 40 but she has gotten hers to her proper age of 19. She was pretty happy with that. Hope that you had a good night last night? Did you manage to stay up and ring in the New Year.

Sassy - How was your night last night? Did you do anything special? Do you get tonight off work seems as it is a holiday?

Sue - How was your get together with your friends? Have you started the day after clean up yet?:dizzy: Amazing isn't it that you work so hard to get it clean, and then no effort at all for the mess. Had mine done before everyone got here yesterday, and I am looking around at the mess thinking I should get my butt in gear and get it cleaned up.

SuzyQ - How was your night? Did you do anything special? Did you get to have a look at your cottage? We are excited for you.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Question for everyone. Has anyone tried pilates? I am thinking of trying a pilate workout before I do my treadmill challenge. Wondering if that would be like stretching before I workout.

Anyways, I must run and do some cleaning. I guess I should get it done, and then I can have a nice relaxing day and really not do anything.

:grouphug:

jules1216
01-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Kathy==I used to go to a Curves type gym and the lady that owned it let another lady that does pilates do a class after hours. I was one of only a small group that signed up and came--there were actually only two of us that made it every time. I really enjoyed it. I got the pilates on the ball dvd set and am going to try it when my foot cooperates. So your hubby has a garage too.....complete with couch, recliner, tv, stereo and mini fridge.... too funny

luckycharm
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Jules - Does the pilates give you a good stretch? and should I do it before I work out on the treadmill? :rofl: shop is fully heated and microwave included. I'm surprised he still comes in the house to nap, and doesn't nap out there. Actually maybe he does, I don't go out there very often.

FrouFrou
01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Okay ladies...you know the routine, lol.

DO NOT POST HERE! Head on over to BIK#68