Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #1  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Default MRC Take 31

I thought that I would start a new thread this morning since the last one was getting kind of long.

As a continued discussion from Take 30...I took Phentatrim for about six days. I stopped because I got a HUGE headache one hour after taking it every single time. I wasn't noticing any effects so I stopped.

I hadn't heard the bit about the number of HNS correlating to the number of pounds lost per week. I average between 3 and 5 depending on the day and I am averaging 2.6 pounds of weight loss per week. I'd like to bump that up, but haven't had much time to focus on exercise lately.

I agree about the processing of the applesauce. I'm sure it is similar to the cooked tomato theory...whatever that is.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #2  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 271/247/170

Height: 5'7"

Hi all - I'm new I've been lurking for a while. I'm still figuring the site out! I just re-started MRC about two weeks ago (2.5 more like it...) and so far, so AMAZING. I love it. It's so do-able, and I'm feeling better than ever. I look forward to participating in this forum and getting to know everyone.

My name is Caroline. I'm 31 years old (almost), live in Jacksonville, Florida. Work in a high school....so I'm on break now Anyway talk to you all soon!
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  
dla
Denise

Welcome Caroline...Sounds like you are off to a great start at this busy time of year!!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Height: 5'5"

Here's a question for everyone...

I measured out 4oz of raw veggies on my food scale. I steamed the 4oz of veggies, and they still measured 4oz of veggies! So why am I eating 8oz of raw if it still measures the same after steamed. Couldn't we just eat 4oz of veggies raw or steamed?? Is there a concept I am missing here??

Thanks for any insight!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameristralian View Post
Hi all - I'm new I've been lurking for a while. I'm still figuring the site out! I just re-started MRC about two weeks ago (2.5 more like it...) and so far, so AMAZING. I love it. It's so do-able, and I'm feeling better than ever. I look forward to participating in this forum and getting to know everyone.

My name is Caroline. I'm 31 years old (almost), live in Jacksonville, Florida. Work in a high school....so I'm on break now Anyway talk to you all soon!
Hi Caroline! Welcome to our group and back to MRC. I am a newbie (day 22) on MRC and I am loving this 3FC group of gals! Good luck getting through the holidays!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post

I measured out 4oz of raw veggies on my food scale. I steamed the 4oz of veggies, and they still measured 4oz of veggies! So why am I eating 8oz of raw if it still measures the same after steamed. Couldn't we just eat 4oz of veggies raw or steamed?? Is there a concept I am missing here??

Thanks for any insight!
THAT is a darn good question!! Anyone?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #7  
dla
Denise

Quote:

Thanks for any insight!
I don't know. I do know though that when I am stalling on losing weight the center I go to says to eat all raw vegetables until the weight starts to come off again.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I thought that I would start a new thread this morning since the last one was getting kind of long.

As a continued discussion from Take 30...I took Phentatrim for about six days. I stopped because I got a HUGE headache one hour after taking it every single time. I wasn't noticing any effects so I stopped.

I hadn't heard the bit about the number of HNS correlating to the number of pounds lost per week. I average between 3 and 5 depending on the day and I am averaging 2.6 pounds of weight loss per week. I'd like to bump that up, but haven't had much time to focus on exercise lately.

I agree about the processing of the applesauce. I'm sure it is similar to the cooked tomato theory...whatever that is.

Hope you all have a great day!
Hi! About 2 weeks ago I switched from Hoodia to Phentatrim and couldnt fall to sleep @ night so I dont take it with dinner. I have been getting headaches lately, I will have to pay attention and see if its after I take it.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #9  
One day at a time...

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Bonnie - we're right about on the same day...Wednesday makes exactly three weeks, so 21 days!!

I'll be around lots over the holidays for the extra support! I have to make through xmas, new years, AND the anniversary! Yikes.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:11 PM   #10  

Default 4 evenings of food temptations!

Christmas Eve--buffet style restaurant with several family members
Christmas Day--dinner at my house where I am preparing all the food for family
Friday--lasagna dinner that Im making at my house for group of friends
Saturday--steak and potatoes dinner night with friends.

aughhhh!! okay, at the buffet--I can pick healthy food. the next 3 nights are at my house so I hope I can control my food! How is everyone else planning on getting through the holidays?

I know I have said this before, but I really am loving MRC6 (lipo in a bottle). Today I am wearing a pair of jeans that I bought when I was almost 20 pounds lighter and they were just as tight then as what they are now. They are a Lane Bryant size 3 (which is approx. a size 20---tee hee--I like the Lane Bryant size better than the real size) That is down from a LB size 5 (approx. a 24) in just over 3 weeks! Maybe I should wear these jeans to some of my dinner events as a reminder NOT to plurge!
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Bonnie-
It is almost easier to be cooking the meals b/c you can prepare some of your own foods! My problem is I'm going to MIL's and have to eat what she prepares! She knows I'm OP so I asked what her menu is and asked if she minded if I made something similiar chili etc... . So we'll see how this week goes!

Welcome to all of you newbies! Good luck thru the holidays! My reason to stay as close to OP as I can is I get measured when I get back.

I think I have decided to go ahead and add some weeks on just to get the body fat down lower. So I'll let you know when I get back.

I did remember to pack my scale so I can keep track of where I'm at. Also my counselor this am said about the same thing with the applesauce. It's no OP but it could kick you out of fat burning mode. But given alternatives it's better than nothing.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #12  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Thanks for any insight!
I've never experimented - but I suspect it depends on the veggies. Some will cook down more than others, depending on the water content. Also, they may be assuming that you'll lose some of the nutrients through cooking (again, especially with higher water content veggies like squashes, etc).
Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #13  
One day at a time...

My family is going to a Japanese steakhouse tomorrow night. Ack. i consulted with the lady at my center, and I have a plan. Steamed veggies, chicken or shrimp cooked with no oil or butter. hopefully they'll be accomodating and not look at me like I'm insane.

The other issue I'm worried about is my aniversary on Sunday. I can't imagine no wine with dinner...it's supposed to be romantic and special - and as sad a statement as it seems, wine just seems to make it more special. Foodwise, i'm not worried at all, I just know I'm going to want wine - and that can kick me out of fat burning for like....4 days.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #14  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
My family is going to a Japanese steakhouse tomorrow night. Ack. i consulted with the lady at my center, and I have a plan. Steamed veggies, chicken or shrimp cooked with no oil or butter. hopefully they'll be accomodating and not look at me like I'm insane.

The other issue I'm worried about is my aniversary on Sunday. I can't imagine no wine with dinner...it's supposed to be romantic and special - and as sad a statement as it seems, wine just seems to make it more special. Foodwise, i'm not worried at all, I just know I'm going to want wine - and that can kick me out of fat burning for like....4 days.

Sounds like you've got the restaurant outing covered! For me, I found it best to stay away from wine, even on special occasions. I didn't have wine from Jan-Sept this year and finally had some when we went on vacation in Sept. If you can stay away from it, especially in these early days, it would keep you in that fat burning mode. You can do it!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #15  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I had wine on my anniversary, but I was pretty close to goal by then. It just depends on what's more important to you. It was less about the romance (married 35 years now, so romance comes from things like him filling my car with gas or doing other little things for me) - than the fact we were at a REALLY nice restaurant and we rarely go to places like that, so I was maximizing the experience. (The ridiculous cost of a glass of wine out usually is enough to stop me - I can buy a whole bottle to have at home for the price of the one glass!)
In the end, what's more important to you? Losing the weight as quickly as possible, or having the glass of wine?

Last edited by Meemo; 12-24-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Closed Thread