South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #1  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default Any shorties like me?

Hi all. I am pretty new to this area of the site. I just finished phase 1 on Sunday, and I am wondering if there are any other people like me who only lost about 5 pounds during that phase? I am pretty proud of myself since the last time I lost 10 pounds it took a couple months. I find that I lose inches a lot faster than I lose any pounds. Anybody else like this? It is pretty frustrating when I am looking at the scale, but I have found that measuring myself does cheer me up. I didn't measure myself before I started phase 1, but I know just from the looseness of my pants that I lost some. I sure wish the scale would budge a little more though! I have a long way to go it seems!
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Shelly!
Congratulations for completing Phase 1 and losing 5 pounds! That's wonderful! Remember to introduce new foods into your Phase 2 slowly, there's a sticky in the FAQ's that explains how to successfully go about it.

I lost 11 lbs. the first time I did Phase 1, but any time I've repeated Phase 1, I never lost more than 4 or 5 lbs. at most, if any. My weight comes off very slowly, too, but I can see the difference in how my clothes fit. To me, weight is only a number. How I look and feel is what's important to me.

P.S. I'm a shortie, too, at 5' 3/4"!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/160/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I'm like Cottage. I lost about 6-10lbs during phase one. On the lower end the second time. I noticed more that my face looked thinner and my belly was a bit smaller. I'm starting phase one again today so I'll check in and let you know how it goes this time.
My height depends on which dr. you ask. My ob/gyn says I'm 5'1.5 and the allergist says 5'3/4". Both were done without shoes. So who knows; but it's safe to say I'm on the shorter side.
lightfello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I'm a petite flower myself and going to be rocking Ph 1 tomorrow Bravely before new years!
How did you come up with 115 as your goal weight?
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Well, glad to see we all have the shorty issue! I am new to this area of 3fatchicks as well. While I do subscribe to the South Beach Online site, I enjoy the forums here much more. I am usually in the "dieting with obstacles" forum as I have fibromyalgia and IBS. Great combo, huh? I think I may not be renewing my SB subscription in January.
My phase 1 experience was very challenging. I actually stayed on phase 1 an extra week to get my carb issues under control. And I was afraid of adding back in any carbs at all! While I have been doing well in phase 2, I find myself obsessing about what and when I eat my "good" carbs. Some Days I will do 2 servings, some days 3. The scale is slowly moving downward so I think I am doing alright. I have also become very aware of what I eat as far as grains and fats too which, I hope will remain with me for my lifetime! My belly shrunk first on phase 1 as well. My clothes are now fitting more comfortably and I have actually had to eliminate some from my wardrobe. I need to have the mindset that this diet must become second nature to me (eating the correct foods, in the correct amounts and not having to think too much about it.)
And being on the older side of 50 and now post menapause, I notice that weight is very difficult to shed. Exercise seems to be the key for this issue, for me anyway. I just try to keep moving. So, for all us "shorties", here's to the New Year and the new us!!
Kate

Last edited by Kate53; 12-28-2008 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Kate!
Welcome I have fibromyalgia as well and find that when I eat low/smart carbs My fibro flares a lot less. Omega 3's and D vities also help
I've not gotten quite back on the towel this AM as DH brought me a flatbread sandwich from DD
but it was a healthier choice
and no excuse to fall into a vat of carbs and crap!
gotta run
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #7  
Shelly

S/C/G: 124/Check Ticker/110

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

It's good to know there are people like me out there!
KO - I chose 115 as my goal weight as that is what I weighed in high school. I might adjust it as I get there. Do you think it is too low?
beachbabe8406 is offline   Reply With Quote