General chatter - How did you find 3FC?

View Full Version : How did you find 3FC?

mazza
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
I remember sometime last october or before, I was doing a health and fitness related google search on something, and one of the first things to pop up was the link to a 3FC.com thread related to what I was searching for. Thus, I discovered this wonderful site.

Did someone tell you about it? Did you stumble across it like me?
How did you find 3FC?

luvja
12-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I was searching for something on Google and stumbled upon it accidentally. I believe I just lurked the site for a while before actually joining. Thank heavens I did though :)

mandalinn82
12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Yep! I stumbled here looking, I think, for some exercise information, then lurked for almost a YEAR before actually posting anything.

TJFitnessDiva
12-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I found it a couple of years ago by accident...I lurked for a while under another name (have no idea what it was lol) but then I stopped coming because I stopped being on a diet. I came back when I decided this was an awesome support system that I should have never left!

Schumeany
12-22-2008, 06:25 PM
I stumbled across it while looking for weight loss/exercise sites back in August. I think I started posting on day one...cause I'm just a BIT extroverted. However, I couldn't figure out the whole introduction process so I never actually introduced myself...I just started blathering away on some thread -- which I killed. Did it again on another thread -- which I killed. You could have heard the crickets chirping! You'd think I would have learned, but I'm still here...blathering away! :D

misspiggy408
12-22-2008, 06:29 PM
I also stumbled upon this site when I googled exercises. And I clicked on the link because I thought the name of the website was catchy :)

CountingDown
12-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Found it through a Google search for a review on an exercise DVD I was considering buying. I was so impressed, that I signed up that very day.

What a blessing it has been!

mazza
12-22-2008, 06:32 PM
You could have heard the crickets chirping! You'd think I would have learned, but I'm still here...blathering away! :D

And we wouldn't have it any other way, Schumeany!:hug:

WebRover
12-22-2008, 06:40 PM
I can't remember how I found it, but I must have found it twice. Last year when I "found" it and tried to set up my ID, I discovered I'd already created it in 2007.:dizzy:

river
12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I found it when I was researching Nutrisystem. Which I ended up going on, and absolutely hating. Didn't start losing until I quit dieting and just cut back on calories and booze.

belezura
12-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Mazza I was just thinking about that the other day...
I found it on a diet book... I think "Win The Sugar War" or something like that...
And I am here almost every single day since then.

Beautiful Ace
12-22-2008, 07:18 PM
I went looking for support forums to lose weight. Started posting right away.

evilwomaniamshe
12-22-2008, 07:51 PM
My story is a bit different, I stumbled across this site 6 months after the fact of losing my weight. I think I googled weightloss maintenance and up popped 3 fat chickies. I liked what I saw, so I registered that day and I have been here on and off reading when I have the time and I try and give and get support when needed. I think out of all the forums I came across, this one has quite an edge over all the others! Thanks 3 fat chicks for putting this big congregation together.
Cheers to all of us chickies and to all of the chickens that are still a lurking..... join in and become a chicklet!

kittycat40
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM
googled metformin-- found it
googled PCOS-- found it
googles hair loss-- found it

then really "found it" when I stopped lurking and started posting. :)

midwife
12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I remember reading 3FC back in 1999-2000 or so when the 3 sisters were posting about their journeys. It's grown a bit since then!! I'm sure I found it googling for weight loss or some such.

junebug41
12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
My story is a bit different, I stumbled across this site 6 months after the fact of losing my weight. I think I googled weightloss maintenance and up popped 3 fat chickies. I liked what I saw, so I registered that day and I have been here on and off reading when I have the time and I try and give and get support when needed. I think out of all the forums I came across, this one has quite an edge over all the others! Thanks 3 fat chicks for putting this big congregation together.
Cheers to all of us chickies and to all of the chickens that are still a lurking..... join in and become a chicklet!

This was my story as well.

I was searching for an active forum for weightloss/maintenance because I was a bit lost when I lost all this weight. I needed to share my experience and read about others. I appear to be in the right place for both :)

PhotoChick
12-22-2008, 08:13 PM
I stumbled across it while looking for weight loss/exercise sites back in August. I think I started posting on day one...cause I'm just a BIT extroverted. However, I couldn't figure out the whole introduction process so I never actually introduced myself...I just started blathering away on some thread -- which I killed. Did it again on another thread -- which I killed. You could have heard the crickets chirping! You'd think I would have learned, but I'm still here...blathering away! :D
Yeah, but you're not killing threads any more! :lol:

I did much the same. I have no idea how I found it or what I was searching for when I found it. I'm sure I was doing a Google search on something exercise related, because my join date is shortly after I really ramped up my exercise.

But I just jumped right in .. and here I am today. :)

Schumeany
12-22-2008, 08:28 PM
I figured that if I just kept at it people would get used to me yarping about this and that. Seemed to work.

RN BSN 2009
12-22-2008, 08:34 PM
googled it!

MissVitality
12-22-2008, 08:36 PM
It was referred to in an article in the magazine "Slim at Home" which is available in the UK. The name got my interest and I have been posting right away and think the site is fab - it's definitely helping to keep my weight loss efforts focussed!

Like Schumeany, I did not introduce myself (OOPS!) and just jumped in feet first!

JackieRn
12-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Someone on the runnersworld blog linked the before and after board and I saw some of the pictures and had to join.

djay
12-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I can't even remember how I found the site...probably like most, I googled something or followed a link...But I remember it was a Saturday and I read for hours...and never left. I joined that day and have been blabbing everything I do to anyone that will listen...

And for those who have been kind enough to respond...Thank You!

JulieJ08
12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I was googling something or other (I have no idea what anymore), and came across the 3FC forums that way. Several other things were leading me to finally change my ways, and finding 3FC happily pushed me over the edge.

I also didn't figure out there was a separate Introduction forum until I was already posting away for a while, so I never did one there either.

What a trip down memory lane to check out your own initial introduction 9 months later! And to see old mini-goals that are looooooong past. :)

Smiling_Sara
12-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I think I just googled weight loss forums. This one looked to have the most traffic and the best info. I'm certain this site has made my weight loss possible with all the wonderful ppl here that I'm able to talk to on a daily basis.

NightengaleShane
12-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I was Google searching information about people who had tried and/or were following the Fat Smash Diet. I bought the book after being inspired by Celebrity Fit Club and wanted to find some support.

Funnily enough, I did not follow the Fat Smash Diet for long, but I found this forum and have stayed since!

Marms
12-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I forget what I was googling, but it led me here. I was so impressed with how big the site was. There is a forum for everything, so I figured whatever plan I chose, I could fit in. Another big selling point was the fact that this site is made up of people that lost weight the correct way, no matter how hard or slow that may be. I always got so discouraged on prior diets because I never lost "20 lbs in a week" or whatever crazy claim the new fad diet was promising. Coming here every day and reading the struggles and triumphs of real people losing weight has been the greatest motivation for me. If other people can do it, so can I.

HVEECK
12-22-2008, 10:07 PM
my sister told me about this site. Now I'm here way more than she is!!!

Slashnl
12-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I had to read through the other posts before I finally remembered how I found it. It was mentioned in an article in Oprah's O magazine. I liked it from day one!

PearFreak
12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
A friend used to go here, and she mentioned it, I was curious, checked it out and have been ever coming since.

MonteCristo
12-23-2008, 10:06 AM
I found 3FC on an etiquette site. A several of the members had weightloss tickers from a place called 3FC, so I popped over to see what it was. I've been here ever since!

Shannon in ATL
12-23-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm also post, under a different name, on an HR forum and we had started a little daily weight loss support chat. One of the posters in that thread was answering one of my questions on calories or exercise or something and told me about 3FC in that response. I came to check it out, registered, and here I've been ever since.

ANOther
12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I got a copy of the 3FC book when I first went on my diet and looked up the website from that

EZMONEY
12-23-2008, 11:47 PM
I was searching a recipe...landed here...the rest is history!

joyra
12-24-2008, 12:15 AM
I think I actually Googled "punk weight loss"... seriously! My big problem with Weight Watchers and diet forums in the past was I couldn't relate to having a husband and kids at home to cook new healthier meals for and I felt like nobody could relate to my lifestyle.

First, I found the Alternachicks forum and started in on that forum... but as it turns out, I'm way more of a 20-Something than an Alternachick these days and have been happily posting with my old 20-sthg comrades.

I can post any problem, diet-related or otherwise and find someone else who's experienced the same thing. Even being a foreigner in Korea, I thought I would be so isolated but I have found other foreigners in Korea or other countries who can relate to my diet struggles (and personal struggles). And even those folks with husbands and kids--I find I can still learn a lot from them!

I actually think I found this site about 4-5 years ago and honestly, I hated the name. I still hate the word fat, and I didn't want anything to do with "fat chicks", even if I was 50 lbs overweight. And maybe it wouldn't have helped me then anyways. Right now is the perfect time for me to lose weight and I'm lucky that I found this forum with such great support! :hug:

Sun_Flower2
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
i was googling that machine that assists you doing pull-ups, cuz I always loved that in gym class cuz I was never strong enough to do a real one.(back in school days), I found a post in the exercise threads about it, decided I couldn't afford it. But I discovered this site and comeback whenever I need the motivation and advice of all the lovely ladies here!

Glory87
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, I don't even remember. I used to post a lot on the Shape forums. The regulars are a GREAT bunch of posters and talk a lot about just what's going on in their lives but the diet forum was just awful. Lots and lots of very young girls starving themselves and posting meal plans with some lettuce and a yogurt and asking if they were eating "too much." It just wasn't a good atmosphere for me, I liked this place MUCH better. I was just moving into maintenance at the time and just loved the site!

JustSharing83
01-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Going on two years ago I Googled weight loss forums and this one was the best!

mazza
01-08-2009, 01:54 AM
And now with a new york times mention, who knows how many more people will join? :D

Thin4Good
01-08-2009, 01:54 AM
I was googling for information and recipes on South Beach and got sent to the south beach board here.

I thought it was pretty funny, the other night I was looking for kale recipes on google and I got a link to the SB recipe threads on 3FC!

junebug41
01-08-2009, 01:55 AM
And now with a new york times mention, who knows how many more people will join? :D

Judging by the server being busy this evening, I'm guessing a whole heckuva lot! Bring it on! :D

happy2bme
01-08-2009, 02:03 AM
3FC was featured as a link on a sidebar article about weight loss in the newspaper USA Today. I think I was travelling at the time (because I generally never read that paper unless I'm at a hotel). I must have saved the article, checked it out when I got back home, liked what I saw and been here ever since.

Most of the people were inviting, though some people were a closed clique but eventually everyone finds their nitch and a group to hang with here.

I can't think of another site that has so much diversity - learned alot here and most grateful to the sister chicks. :hug:

Amy25
01-08-2009, 02:07 AM
They were talking about it on a morning radio talk show. I was on my way to work, heard it, wa-la

diamondinthedesert
01-08-2009, 02:42 AM
Jillian Michaels whom I respect and adore constantly praises 3FC on her radio show- so I had to check it out!

Deetle Erin 2009
01-08-2009, 03:00 AM
I believe that I came across 3FC when I googled Couch to 5 k.

kisskiss
01-08-2009, 03:01 AM
hmm I heard about it on the calorie-count forums I visited through other posters, checked it out, and found a home here :)

jademarlene
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
I googled the nutritional value of chick peas, lol, and I am so glad I did.

srmb60
01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I was a regular on another board and was refered here. For a while I kept in touch with the folks here that were from there ... but, I've lost them.

kelly315
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Google, I think? I seem to remember searching for a forum for weight loss- I've never used a forum before. I was tired of dieting on my own, and met all you good people.

Lovely
01-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I was actually looking for a forum for people with similar interests to my own, just to chat... ended up with some strange searches, and some strange results.

3FC popped up on one of them, and the more I looked, the more I liked. I joined that night and have yet to shut up. :lol:

RN BSN 2009
01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
googled - weight loss forum

Mom2QJandT
01-12-2009, 10:50 PM
I was doing the Weight Watchers program on my own and having good results when one of the dieticians at work asked me if I enjoyed the support of the meetings. I admitted that, being a single mom with 3 kids, I can't afford the time or the money for the meetings and that I really wished that I had more support. She wrote down the website and told me to look at it. I lurked for about three months before I began posting.

gigglez
01-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Read something about this site years ago in Woman's Day

lalique
01-13-2009, 01:05 AM
I was doing a google search for dieting support sites & found this one right away, and never had to look any farther! :D