Exercise! - Need Ideas

View Full Version : Need Ideas

finallyfree
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
So I'm 19, living at home, and in desperate need of losing weight.

I start work in the new year with a new company, and until then, I'm mooching off my mom. :(

She doesn't think I have a weight problem, even though I'm going to be pushing the 300's if I don't do something NOW!

She will not support a gym membership in any way. It's her money, I can't force her. So until I start working, I need some exercises I can do at home.

Anything in particular I should be doing?

Thanks,
Cassey. :)

PhotoChick
12-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Walking. If you can get out and walk briskly for 30-45 mins a day, that's excellent exercise.

Also, just basic resistance type exercises - the type of htings you'd do in gym class. I used to think that was hooey, but honestly getting up in the morning and doing crunches, pushups (even off the wall), squats, lunges, dips, and stuff like that is GREAT for building muscle and getting yourself in shape.

chick_in_the_hat
12-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I second the walking plan - it's a GREAT place to start. All you need is some decent shoes. If the weather is bad - often you can go to a mall before they open.

Workout DVD's are also a cheap way to go.

Ilene
12-22-2008, 10:29 AM
I also recommend the walking plan :yes: , simple, easily accessible and CHEAP :lol: .... along with push ups, crunches, squats, lunges, all of which need no equipment at all.... DVDs from the library are a great idea too...